Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Wool's Orphanage Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:01 pm
User ImageUser Image

𝓐𝓰𝒆 𝓢𝓲𝔁ℱ𝓾𝓽𝓾𝓻𝒆 ℋ𝓸𝓰𝔀𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓼 𝓢𝓽𝓾𝓭𝒆𝓷𝓽

Joellen listened to the serviceman and Miss Steffi talking. The woman didn't sound very happy. She said the child wasn't mentioned by name, and Geoff seemed surprised. "Oh? Well, I'm terribly sorry about that. Sometimes with high risk cases we won't, but Miss Fields wasn't too high risk. Actually, it was a lot easier than I was expecting. She was very good about packing, and was very brave for someone in her... position." He glanced over at the door, then watched the woman as she walked toward the child in mention. Jo looked up at Steffi, allowing the woman to scoop her up. "She wasn't mean to me..." She looked at the woman, her sleepy little voice still shaky with her crying. She wasn't sure what Steffi had meant by no one taking her again. Wasn't that a good thing? For her to be adopted? She didn't want to go forever without a mum or dad.

When Steffi called out to Luke, Jo perked up and Geoff looked curious. At the next question, the man adopted a small smirk. "Well, of course. There's a lot today, and there'll be even more as this case progresses. Plus when she's deemed stable enough by the county to be put up for readoption, there'll be more." He started digging into his satchel, grabbing a rather large packet of paperwork as a man, clearly Luke, walked out and said... something. It was in some language the man hadn't heard. When he asked if he could take Joellen to get her to a room, the man nodded. "But of course. She's probably tired from being woken early this morning." He nodded politely, handing over a pen to Steffi. Jo wiggled out of Steffi's arms and dragged her bags over to Luke. She looked scared and sad, but above all, confused. She still had no idea why she'd been taken away. Only that they thought Ely hadn't been a good mum. "Mornin. Lukey... we can go, 'kay?" She reached a hand up to take his, knowing he'd keep her safe. He was good like that.

Devlyn Maycry

Diamond Wales

Aɴᴅ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴜsᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴅʀɪғᴛ ᴀᴡᴀʏ. Aɴᴅ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛs ᴀɴᴅ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏs
Aɴᴅ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇᴀᴠᴇɴs ɢᴏ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴡᴀʏ. Aɴᴅ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ ɪs ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴛᴀʏ
Aɴᴅ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ᴀ ɴᴀᴍᴇ. Aɴᴅ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ sᴋɪᴇs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ
Aɴᴅ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʟᴏᴜᴅs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ғᴀᴅᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇɴ...

𝓣𝓱𝒆𝓷 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓸𝒇 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓫𝒆𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓼 𝓪𝓰𝓪𝓲𝓷

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:44 pm
User ImageUser Image

We're like ๔เค๓๏ภ๔ร in the sky, that's what we're t๏l๔.
                                                              No mountain made of MӨПΣY Can ßµ¥ you a §ðµl, baby.

Steffi raised an eyebrow at Luke's swearing, but she didn't say anything. She felt the same about the situation, she was just holding it in at the moment. And he covered his booboo pretty quickly. When he offered to take Jo while she worked out the paperwork she nodded her head and released the child to go to him. Before he could leave the room with her though, she spoke up. "Luke , sette henne opp i ekstra soverom i leiligheten vår . Vi vedta henne det øyeblikket hun er opp for adopsjon på nytt. greit?" The last word was more of an afterthought than a request, but she didn't have to request it. She knew her husband well and he was thinking the same thing she was even if she was the first to state it.

With that done she turned back to the CPS man and offered a gracious smile that did not quite reach her eye. She was good at faking emotions, but not that good. And her single eye and scarred/pierced face did not lead to a well received smile.
                                                              "Of course. Paperwork. Always paperwork. Come with me to the dining room. We can sit down there." Before leading the way, she glanced back and Jo one last time and this time her smile did reach her eyes. "Sleep well Jo. Its gonna be okay." And then she led the way to the dining room and took a seat in one of the chairs. By now she was sure Luke was halfway up to their flat that was located on the top floor of the orphanage. A mini home above the rest of the orphan's home. Where Loke still slept soundly and soon Jo would too.

Say they wåñ† to кภ๏ฬ who did เt
                                                              But the
                                                              åñ§wêr'§ really µ§.

Miss GryffindorK

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:38 pm
User Image
                                              Flick flack,
                                              No slack,
                                              I got the wit that my enemies lack,
                                              But I know what I am,
                                              They know what they are
                                              So let me be

User Image
                                              ════════════════════════

poolqǝɹnԀ |ᛗ| sǝzǝǝɥM ƃuıpɹɐzıM s,ʎǝlsɐǝM ɟo ɹǝuʍO |ᛗ| ıuɯnl∀ ɹopuıɟɟʎɹ⅁

════════════════════════

Luke nodded, deciding to have a talk with Steffi later about adopting Joellen. Not that he really had any objections. He was just wanting to make sure she was sure about this. Between running the orphanage and raising Loke, he was certain that they had their hands full. He didn't doubt that Steffi could do it, he just worried about the strain that it would put on her. However, in her defence, she had seen their mor in action, so it wasn't like adopting more kids and raising a newborn was a difficult task. Made him wonder if that meant that he'd married his mor, but he doubted it. His mor was definitely more even-tempered than Steffi at times, and he didn't think that she would have been appreciative of his shite when he was younger. "Har det. Hvor lenge tror du at vil ta, og tror du de ville objektet?"

Glancing down at the young girl, he easily lifted up the suitcases and held out his hand for Joellen to take. "Okay kiddo, let's get you to a room. Besides, you get to meet the baby here in a little bit. When he's awake, that is. I think Loke would love to meet you, after all." Which made Luke wonder just how much of a troll his son was. The first time Loke had met Magni, he'd literally decided to fill his diaper, while Luke laughed his a** off as Magni was forced to change it. Go figure, that was definitely his son. How Loke would react to Joellen was another story. He just knew that Loke's cousin Bethany was also a target of Loke's trolling, which made for an interesting time when he and Magni were together with their respective kids.

════════════════════════
                                              Thinking: Great, and I'm REALLY sure that Joellen never pulled half the s**t I did at her age!
                                              Taken By: Steffi Nalson-Lillantine
                                              OOC: Translation: Got it. How long do you think that'll take, and do you think they would object?

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Trick some,
                                              Just begun,
                                              Giving you more when you only want one,
                                              Cause I know what I am
                                              They know what they are
                                              So let me be

Miss GryffindorK

Devlyn Maycry

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:35 pm
User ImageUser Image

𝓐𝓰𝒆 𝓢𝓲𝔁ℱ𝓾𝓽𝓾𝓻𝒆 ℋ𝓸𝓰𝔀𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓼 𝓢𝓽𝓾𝓭𝒆𝓷𝓽

Joellen looked up at Steffi, not sure why she and Luke were using their silly talk. Maybe it was secret? Ooooh that seemed interesting. She looked up at all the adults, wondering what was to happen next. Steffi told Luke to take the girl to a room, but she remembered where they all were. She had lived her once before. When she said there was a baby involved, Jo lifted her eyebrows. "I like little babies...." She perked up a bit, scooting closer to Luke. Apparently the baby's name was Loke... which gave her a tiny grin. Lukey and Lokey.... it was perfect. Steffi headed off to go do paperwork, so the girl waved forlornly after her. But she has said to sleep well, so Jo looked a bit confused. "Nighty night, Miss 'Teffi..." She blinked a few times, yawning with the thought of her own sleepiness.

Luke lifted up the suitcase, then offered a hand. Jo scooted closer and set her hand in his, looking up. He said they would get her too a room, then said she'd get to meet the baby. So there was a baby? That was super exciting. "Am I gonna be sharing a room again? Or do I get to share with the little bitty baby?" She perked up a bit, trying to stay strong. She didn't want to make Luke and Steffi sad that she was here again. Honestly, she was scared to get forgotten by all the grownups who wanted the little kids, and the ones that probably hadn't been returned. Had anyone ever been taken back to an orphanage? She curled her fingers around Luke's hand, her smile fading a bit as realization set in. She didn't want to be left behind forever, after all. She sniffled quietly, using her free arm to wipe her eyes.

Devlyn Maycry

Diamond Wales

Aɴᴅ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴜsᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴅʀɪғᴛ ᴀᴡᴀʏ. Aɴᴅ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛs ᴀɴᴅ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏs
Aɴᴅ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇᴀᴠᴇɴs ɢᴏ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ ᴡᴀʏ. Aɴᴅ ᴏɴʟʏ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ ɪs ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴛᴀʏ
Aɴᴅ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛᴀʀs ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ᴀ ɴᴀᴍᴇ. Aɴᴅ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ sᴋɪᴇs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ
Aɴᴅ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʟᴏᴜᴅs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ғᴀᴅᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇɴ...

𝓣𝓱𝒆𝓷 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓸𝒇 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼 𝓫𝒆𝓰𝓲𝓷𝓼 𝓪𝓰𝓪𝓲𝓷

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:19 am
User ImageUser Image

We're like ๔เค๓๏ภ๔ร in the sky, that's what we're t๏l๔.
                                                              No mountain made of MӨПΣY Can ßµ¥ you a §ðµl, baby.

Steffi blinked at Luke's question and shrugged quietly. Once they were sitting down at the dining table, they cranked out all the paperwork pretty quickly. The man, Geoff, said it would be a couple weeks before everything was finalized and Jo could go back up for adoption, and Steffi nodded her head. She already knew exactly where the little girl would be going the minute it was finalized... as long as Luke and Jo both liked the idea. She wouldn't force it if they didn't want it, but she hoped they would. During the paperwork, Steffi also decided to make her adoption process a bit stricter.

With that all done, she led the man out the front door and headed up to the top floor where she and Luke kept their home. Steffi slipped in through the front door and immediately spotted her son playing with a toy in the living room. She grinned and swooped the boy into her arms before placing a kiss to his temple.
                                                              "'Ello Luke, Jo, Loke." She said, greeting her family. She was not pleased with what Ely had done to Jo, but for now she would put a happy face on and remind Jo that she was loved and everything that had happened was not her fault.

Say they wåñ† to кภ๏ฬ who did เt
                                                              But the
                                                              åñ§wêr'§ really µ§.

Miss GryffindorK

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:16 pm
Orphan Sisters for Life
Second Years

With : each other...

User ImageUser Image
As the train pulled away from Hogwarts and pulled into King Cross station all four girls were less then delighted. None said a word until Candace had enough of the silent. “Can we please stop being so depressing?” She asked them. The fact that only moments ago you could hear a pin drop bothered her deeply. “Sorry Candy.” Alana said knowing none of them were looking forward to going home. They had nothing against the orphanage. “We’re just in thought Candace nothing to worry about.” Minako replied even if it was a lie. She couldn’t say what the others were thinking about she was thinking about the family that was no longer with her. Of course had they still been around she probably wouldn’t have met Alana, Candace, or Kimberly. “Speak for yourselves. I don’t want to go back there…” Kimberly replied as they began getting off the train.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Walking up to the door Kimberly dragged her feet. “Kimi, come on!” Candace said grabbing her friend’s hand. “Ace, I’m not in a rush…” Kimberly replied while being dragged despite being taller than her friend. Alana opened the door for the others silently. They were back ‘home’... Not that it was home… “Don’t let things get to you Alana.” Minako said walking in with the smallest smile she could muster. “I’m not Mina… well I’m trying not to.” She told her. Heading in after the others Alana could think of only one thing to get her mind off things.

The moment her things were in her room, Alana took her notebook and found a quiet corner. Letting her thoughts of song writing take over it made her think of something else. Anything else really… Minako had come to check on her though the moment she noticed her working away she decided it was best to let her be. Going off to find the others it didn’t take her long to find Candace and Kimberly.

“I hate it here…” Kimberly muttered. “Kimi, you don’t mean that!” Candace didn’t like those words. She certainly didn’t want to believe what Kimberly was saying to be true. “Yes Ace, I do.” She answered her before lying sprawled out on the floor. “But…” Suddenly she was cut off by Minako approaching them.

“Hey, what’s going on?” Minako asked them looking at the two. “Nothing…” Kimberly replied. “Kimi says she hates it here.” Candace spouted the truth. “Thanks a lot Candy…” She muttered. She didn’t need her feelings to become everyone’s problem. “I’m sure she didn’t mean it Candace.” Minako said before looking back to Kimberly. “Don’t get mad at her.” Minako said before sitting down with them. “I’m not mad…” Candace took a breath before speaking again. "But she said she did." Minako shook her head. "She's just saying that."

“So where’s Alana?” Candace asked Minako after pushing Kimi's words aside. If anyone would know she would. “She’s hiding out in a corner writing again.” Minako answered. “She’s always doing that.” Candace replied. “That’s because it keeps her busy.” Kimberly added. Though, it was more along the lines of because it took her mind off things. “Something like that Kimi.” Mina answered falling silent. There was nothing else that she could do.

Alana ~ Status : Bothered... Distracting myself Theme ~ Attire
Minako ~ Status : Content Theme ~ Attire
Kimbery ~ Status : Irritated... Theme ~ Attire
Candace ~ Status : Trying to ignore it... Theme ~ Attire

OOC: - - -  

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:52 pm
User ImageUser Image
𝓐𝓰𝒆 𝓣𝓱𝓻𝒆𝒆ℱ𝓾𝓽𝓾𝓻𝒆 ℋ𝓸𝓰𝔀𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓼 𝓢𝓽𝓾𝓭𝒆𝓷𝓽𝓟𝓾𝓻𝒆𝓫𝓵𝓸𝓸𝓭 𝓞𝓻𝓹𝓱𝓪𝓷

Brendan was having a very good day that day. He'd gotten up and eaten toast with jam for breakfast and even some apple juice! He loved apple juice, after all. He was currently running up the hallway so he could jump in the big squooshy chair in the living room. He was hoping he could find a bigger kid to read a picture book like maybe Horton! Then again, he knew just about all the words in that book anyway so he really wouldn't need someone to read it for him. Maybe Cat in the Hat or Sam I Am... He went over to the bookshelf and plopped down in front of it, eyes wide as he looked for one of the books he loved. His messy blonde hair was impeding his vision a bit, so small hands pushed it roughly out of the way before reaching out to grab the books he'd been searching for.

Yukina101

Sᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʏᴇᴀʀs ᴡᴇɴᴛ ʙʏ, I sᴛᴀʏᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ
Bᴜᴛ sʜᴇ ʙᴇɢᴀɴ ᴛᴏ ᴅʀɪғᴛ ᴀᴡᴀʏ, I ᴡᴀs ʟᴇғᴛ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ
Sᴛɪʟʟ I ᴡᴀɪᴛᴇᴅ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʏ, ᴡʜᴇɴ sʜᴇ’ᴅ sᴀʏ "I ᴡɪʟʟ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ."
Lᴏɴᴇʟʏ ᴀɴᴅ ғᴏʀɢᴏᴛᴛᴇɴ, ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ sʜᴇ’ᴅ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴍʏ ᴡᴀʏ,
Aɴᴅ sʜᴇ sᴍɪʟᴇᴅ ᴀᴛ ᴍᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʜᴇʟᴅ ᴍᴇ, ᴊᴜsᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ sʜᴇ ᴜsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ,

ℒ𝓲𝓴𝒆 𝓼𝓱𝒆 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝒆𝓭 𝓶𝒆, 𝔀𝓱𝒆𝓷 𝓼𝓱𝒆 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝒆𝓭 𝓶𝒆

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:34 pm
Everybody loves the things you do
From the way you talk
To the way you move...
Everybody here is watching you
'Cause you feel like home
You're like a dream come true
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
²¹ ʸᵉᵃʳˢ ᵒˡᵈᴳʳʸᶠᶠⁱⁿᵈᵒʳ ᴬˡᵘᵐⁿⁱᶜᵘˡⁱⁿᵃʳʸ ᴬʳᵗⁱˢᵗ

☪ Kalin apparated about a block away from the orphanage grateful for the many charms on his basket the most important one being a lightening charm since he personally knew how much he stuffed inside of it. It was the same every week though; he'd get up super early or stay up super late baking and cooking and preserving for his weekly delivery and listen endearingly to Thane's grumpy retorts before he went off. When he finally made it to the home he gave a quick wave and grin to the owner and made his usual route towards the kitchen but stopped just short seeing a familiar sight. His congenial grin widened and his cinnamon brown eyes softened as he watched his tiny friend push his long hair from his face as he searched for what he assumed was another one of his Dr. Seuss books. While he hadn't known Brendan for very long, the little that he knew of the boy included his love of the good doctor. And of being his little helper which he also rather selfishly enjoyed. "Good morning Brennie! Is your hair bothering you again?" The young man asked with a slight chuckle before crouching down to the toddler's level. He discovered, or more apt he was discovered by, Brendan a few months ago when he first started doing his deliveries. The tiny boy had asked to help and he was sure he'd had what his brother described as a "heart eyes" moment. At least he knew how Milo must've felt when meeting Dris and Laili for the first time, but at least he had also been married by that time. He and Thane had just agreed that neither wanted to wear a tie at their bonding, which was a total lie on his part since he always found his fiance quite dashing when dressed up. Even though said fiance hated when he called him dashing. "Would you like me to pull it away from your eyes so you can help me with the food? I even brought more of your favorite jam!" Kalin cajoled the boy with an easy smile.

But if by chance you're here alone
Can I have a moment?
Before I go?
'Cause I've been by myself all night long
Hoping you're someone I used to know

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:23 pm
User ImageUser Image

Brendan was pondering reading Horton again, though mostly because he quite enjoyed making elephant noises. They made such a fun sound, after all. He heard the big door open and close, but he was so determined to choose a story he didn't look up to see who had entered the room. When he heard someone walk over, he glanced around, but only saw a tall pair of leggy legs. At the voice, however, the boy's head leaned back and a huge grin overtook his features. "Kalin! Hi to you! My hair's just... is just so floofly today!" He giggled, shaking his head for emphasis. His long hair again covered his wide brown eyes, causing him to have to push it up and try to keep it away. When Kalin squat down, Brennie stood and hugged his tall friend. He really loved it when Kalin came by... and not just because he always had snacks! He rumpled his hair and waited, wondering just what Kalin was here for today. When he asked about pulling back his hair and helping, the boy grinned, but when the older man mentioned jam, he froze, eyes going giant. "I.... I love jams! And ah-course I wanna help you! I'm your little buddy, 'member? So I can help today!" He beamed with pride, glad to know he was Kalin's favorite little helper. When the older man smiled, the toddler tried to mimic the expression, though unbeknownst to him he looked like he'd licked a lemon. Honestly, he was just so glad to have a friend he'd have done anything to stay closer to the older fellow. It was always good to have a friend, particularly an older friend who had snacks....

Yukina101

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:49 pm
From the way you talk
To the way you move...

☪ Kalin snickered as the little boy shook his head causing all his hair to fly around him using an old familiar word he was used to hearing from Dris when he had been around that age. Maybe it was all three year old's.Maybe it was Abram's toddlers too-wait. Nopenopenopenope, can't go down that road of thinking. He and Thane hadn't even thought about considering talking about adoption! They had just gotten engaged a handful of months ago after all, they were still in the process of planning all of that. It was going a lot slower than he originally thought since he'd been forbidden from cooking his own reception and wedding cake (he'd agreed to bake at least the top tier that he and Thane got to keep) and all the other stuff that went into wedding planning. He was starting to see why Milo and Wyatt had eloped to the ministry and just used all their money on a long honeymoon. The Gryffindor was sure if he gave it as an option, his fiance would jump on it in a nanosecond. Kalin was brought back to the present by Brendan agreeing to help him with his unpacking and giving him a funny grin while his hair looked in an even larger disarray than before. He opened his basket looking for any stray rubberband and found one wrapped around a strawberry preserve jar and grabbed it. "Turn around for a second Brennie so I can fix your hair." he gently instructed and waited before putting his larger fingers through the boy's silky soft hair. He pulled it away from his eyes leaving a short poof ponytail that reminded him of Thane's unproclaimed man bun. "Alright, you're all ready to be my buddy helper!" Kalin grinned and offered a hand to Brendan as he stood back up to his normal height and grabbed the handle to his basket.

Miss GryffidorK

Can I have a moment?
Before I go?

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:33 pm
User ImageUser Image

Brendan giggled when Kalin laughed, his dimples showing with his grin. He put back his book onto the shelf, thinking elephants could wait a while.... and maybe he could get Kalin to read the book before he left. The older male was thinking about something, so Brennie looked at him with his head tilted. He blinked a few times, blowing little puffs of air to get his hair out of his mouth. When Kalin started rooting around in the basket, the boy stood on his tiptoes to try and see what was hiding in there. He looked a bit confused when the older male simply brought back his hand with a rubber band. At Kalin's instruction, Brendan spun around a few times, giggling madly. Finally he stopped, letting Kalin have access to his hair. He was still giggling quietly as his hair was tugged back, and when Kalin said he was ready, he spun around once more, grinning up at his friend. "I can see! Thanks you! An' now we gets to go and put up all the nummy snacks? Ooh and I can help put up the jams for a snack! And maybe we can both have a sneaky snack!" He put his hand in Kalin's and took speedy steps to keep up. He even left Mr MooCow on the chair with his blankie! He wasn't even hungry, but he loved secret snacks with Kalin. Kalin was a good cook and that made for a very happy tummy on Brennie's behalf.

Yukina101

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:07 pm
From the way you talk
To the way you move...

☪ Kalin grinned happily as Brendan exclaimed that he could see once his hair was tied back and tried valiantly to not think of how his fast tiny steps might sound in his flat because that was just, no. It was a road of thinking he wasn't supposed to be on but how could he not with how perfectly Brennie's hand fit snugly in his and how he and Thane could compare hair lengths and how the Slytherin could watch his Star Wars and Doctor Who with the little boy and he just knew that Milo would positively adore Brennie and Wyatt would fall for his charm soon enough much like he had for Dris and Laili and-crap! He was already down the rabbit hole. Maybe it was his fault for volunteering at an orphanage where any number of those sweet faces could pierce his heart but he'd done well the first month. Honest! It was just Brennie's cute little face and smile and hair and everything that seemed to do him in. Hearing Brennie speak about possibly sneaking a snack as they put up the food didn't really help, nor did his laughing. "Maybe, but only if we put up everything right and we're super duper nice and sweet." Kalin said not really worrying about the toddler. He was always nice and sweet, which was sort of the reason he was even in this mess to begin with. He set the basket on the table and pushed a sturdy chair right by it so Brendan could safely climb into it to help. He then opened the basket shifting the delicate breakable parcels away from the little boy and only handing him things he was sure could survive a possible drop like some bread and the tin containers of different preservative foods and the occasional cheese wedge. He'd found out last week that they only received that horrid government cheese and just couldn't stomach the thought of people actually having to digest it. While the little boy toddled to put up his stuff, Kalin handled the jars of jams, preserves, and refilling spices and salts as well as the ever present cookie jar with odd leftovers from his baking either at home or at James and Lyres'. When the basket was empty he settled back with a sigh of completion and smiled at his little friend. "You were the greatest helper as usual Brennie! You definitely earned a sneaky snack." he told him giving his hair a tiny tousle.

Miss GryffidorK

Can I have a moment?
Before I go?

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:17 pm
User ImageUser Image

Brendan curled his fingers as best as possible around Kalin's much bigger hands. He grinned up at his big friend, eyes wide with what could only be called hope. He was indeed hopeful, as he'd rather come to love Kalin. Of course, he figured it was a pipe dream to think that Kalin the baker might adopt him, but he could always dream! For now he'd just wait excitedly for every Monday morning when the man would come by, then hope he had some extra time to play or read with him. After mentioning super secret sneaky snacks, Kalin agreed, but only if they put everything up nice and neat! A big smile lit up the toddler's face and he nodded excitedly, nearly taking a fall. Lucky for him, he was still holding Kalin, so he managed to remain upright. "I can be the bestest helper, Kaaaaalin! I will do my very most best for you!" When they made it to the kitchen, Brennie let the man push a chair over, then he climbed carefully into it before standing. The last time he'd been in such a rush he nearly tumbled to the floor. Luckily (my he was a lucky child, wasn't he?) Kalin had been there to catch him, though they dropped a whole cookie on the floor, which made Brennie upset for a while. This time, he was determined not to drop a single thing so he could prove he was the best helper ever! When they were finally all done, the boy sat in the chair and grinned at Kalin, a few strands of his hair free from the band and over his wide eyes. When Kalin said he was the greatest helper and promised a sneaky snack, the boy looked positively delighted, and even moreso at the hair tousle, which let loose several more flyaway hairs. "Nu-uh! You's the bestest helper, Kalin! And we can both have a sneaky snack, I think! I'll share mine 'f you don't wanna get a no-no!" He giggled, standing to wrap his arms as far around Kalin's tummy as they could get. He even nuzzled the man before looking up with an excited gaze in his eyes.

Yukina101

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:10 pm
From the way you talk
To the way you move...

☪ Kalin watched Brendan carefully as he climbed into the chair not wanting a repeat of last time and hadn't noticed any looks the little boy had been giving him too wrapped up in his own thoughts. After everything Thane went through he deserved this wedding, more just for the memories and being able to be surrounded by family. But the more time he spent with Brennie, the more he thought of just calling off the wedding and using the money they would spend for the reception to makeover the bedroom next to theirs into a little boy's and of course a lot of books, Dr. Seuss obviously, with toys and so many movies though Thane would probably be having him watch Doctor Who above everything...he needed to stop this. Luckily the little boy in question brought him out his mind telling him that he was actually the best helper and that they both deserved their snacks. Even offering to share part of his which of course warmed Kalin's ever growing heart along with the adorable hug. 'Focus Kalin focus.'"I think we can both get a snack without a no-no." he told the boy pleasantly before going to the cupboard. He grabbed a tin of hobnobs and one of the already open jars of strawberry preserves as well as a plate and spoon before taking it back over to the table and motioning for Brendan to sit down in his chair. He placed two of the biscuits on the plate in front of the toddler and scooped out a bit of the preserves and ladled some on each biscuit. "There you go Brennie! Try not to get too messy." Kalin told him with a smile and very barely resisted the urge to give his small head a tiny kiss and instead focused on biting into one of his own strawberry hobnobs. He really needed to talk to Thane.

Miss GryffindorK

Can I have a moment?
Before I go?

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:41 pm
User ImageUser Image

Brendan excitedly pat his hands on the counter, more than eager to help his friend to put away all the goodies. He wondered what the older man was thinking about, and that made him a bit antsy. It wasn't until they finished that he spoke, which made the boy's eyes light up. He promised they could both have a snack with no trouble, so Brennie grinned even bigger. "Yay for no no-nos! I don't want you to get a no-no, 'cause then it's time-out!" He giggled quietly, watching Kalin make a snack for the two of them. They were fancy biscuits with his favorite jam! When he was handed one, the boy smiled a lopsided smile toward the older male. With a shake of his head that made the hairtie fall down, he took a big bite of the snack. "Is vury good, Kalin! I love it like ah always do!" He bounced a bit, messy hair flying every which way. The toddler took a few more bites, jam smudging up his cheeks and a bit in his hair. "Maybe... I can makes you a snack next time! And it will be the most tastiest ever! Maybe with some choc-leet!" His eyes sparkled wildly, ideas racing through his messy head.

Yukina101

Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash