Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
× ✖ × Ollivander's :: Open :: Hiring Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:28 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                                            Whether near or far, I am always yours
                                            Any change in time, we are young again!
                                            Lay us down, we're in love
                                            Lay us down, were in love...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 𝚂𝚎𝚋𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚊𝚗x𝙴𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚘𝚜x𝚆𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚜𝚘𝚛 ix
                                            ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌

Ravenclaw AlumnusHogwarts GovernorPurebloodxxxxxxx

「 Summer 2037 」
                                            ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Basically." Sebastian nodded when Gabby got the concept that wands weren't toys, meaning that maybe she was going take word of it. And there she goes with the question that probably screamed "That didn't make sense, how does the wand choose the wizard?" "Yes, we're still talking about the same thing. It's not really just wood, though. But I suppose Damien can explain it better than me." He smiled at the ginger, though he knew better than poking fun of the naturally-skeptical muggleborns. And just in time for Damien to explain the thing about wands choosing the wizards, though he sounded a bit too amused while explaining it. The corners of Sebastian's lips twitched as if struggling not the smile in amusement. Eleven year-olds tend to be a bit moody as far as he could tell, but at least he wasn't handling teenagers like thirteen or something. Then again, his son Jean was kind of like this when he was her age, that it resulted to him asked Sebastian with a long list of questions. "Honestly, I really can't blame you with the skepticism. My son had the same reaction back when he found out that he was a wizard. It's no longer a big deal for him nowadays, though."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
                                            « with [Gabby] at [Front Counter] »
                                            « married to [Daphne Portland-Windsor] »

PROFILEOUTFITSIGNATURE TUNE

xxxxx « Out.Of.Character » xxxxx
                                            ooc

In these coming years, many things will change;..
                                            But the way I feel will remain the same...
                                            Lay us down, we're in love...
                                            Lay us down, we're in love...

Cara Miakitty

murruelecreuset

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:22 pm
User Image
Gabriella Clarity Stanford
Muggleborn
First Year Unsorted

People call me Gabby...
                                                  I'm 11 years old...

Gabby stared at Sebastian with such skepticism. Not really just wood? That didn’t make sense. How could wood not be anything but? Her attention shifted to Damien when he spoke. A magic pointy stick made of wood… ‘He’s mocking me isn’t he…?’ She thought. The girl was pretty sure he was crazy. “Right… magic pointy stick…” Yep, he was crazy, definitely crazy. Either that or magic was literally the answer for everything! Gabby’s look of absolute skepticism didn’t change as Sebastian told her about his son. Was he trying to tell her it would grow on her? She very much doubted it.

Shifting her gaze to Nathaniel, Gabby was still trying to figure this all out. ‘Alder with Unicorn Hair…?’ Suddenly with a flick she there was a loud sound mixed with screeching. It caused her to cover her ears as she wasn’t one for load noises. Apparently it was wrong, how she didn’t know but perhaps she was grateful. ‘Poplar with Unicorn Hair…? How was that different?’ The young red head waited for what would happen… hopefully no loud noises. Which, thankfully it was nothing more than a cold breeze. Apparently that wasn’t the one either. ‘Poplar and Dragon Heartstring…?’ Okay, she still didn’t get it. There was a warm breeze which seemingly meant that was the one.

“How does that even work…?” She questioned out loud. Luckily she’d see it first hand as it was her turn. “Yes,” Gabby nodded before adding. “So, how does this work exactly?” Going over to where Damien requested, she looked up at him incredulously. When he asked if she was right or left handed, the girl wondered what that had to do with anything. “Right handed, why?” She answered as well as questioned why it mattered. Gabby might not be sure about any of it but she was certainly curious.

Status: Excited / Skeptical...
                                                  Wearing: Casual Shirt & Jeans

With: Mr. Windsor & Damien... and others

OOC: Wand... 11½ Inch, Snake Wood, Salamander Tail Core (1st or 2nd try will do.)

Cara Miakitty
                                                  Jade Galaksylph

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:12 pm
User ImageUser Image

Gгεεκ HλlғϑϐlσσdƱπsσгτεd Fιгsτ Ψελг

Theo watched curiously as Nath went through all the steps to get a wand. Theo was secretly grateful that he didn't have to do all that, since he knew Damien quite well. The boy snickered when someone said a wand was just a pointy stick, and he laughed outright when Damien replied, adding the word "magic" to the statement. With Nathaniel's first wand came a painful sound that caused Theo to press his palms against his ears as the sound rang out. Luckily, that wasn't his wand. The second wand made the room chill, causing the Greek boy to shiver. That one wasn't quite right either.... At the third wand, the room smelled like summertime, and Theo was very glad that was the correct wand.

Finally, Nathaniel turned to talk to Theo, and the boy beamed happily. "You did so good! And that looks like a nice wand! You'll be so great at magic, I bet!" He cheered a bit, a bright grin resting on his face. He said again that it was weird, but this time Theo nodded. "Magic is, by nature, very weird, so I have to agree. Oooh! What store do you want to go to next? This is my first shop, so I still need to go everywhere!" He had already decided he was going to follow his new friend all around Diagon, unless, of course, Nathaniel didn't want to be friends, but Theo assumed that unlikely. Who didn't need friends, after all!

Cara MiaKitty

Lᴏᴏᴋ ʜᴏᴡ ꜰᴀʀ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ, ʏᴏᴜ ꜰɪʟʟᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ
Bᴀʙʏ ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ᴅᴏɴᴇ ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ, ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ ᴅᴇᴇᴘ ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜ
Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟꜰ ᴜᴘ, ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʀᴜɴ sᴏ ꜰᴀsᴛ
Sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs ᴡᴇ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ʟᴀsᴛ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴅɪᴅ ᴏᴜʀ ʙᴇsᴛ
I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴜᴘ, ɴᴏ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ɪɴ, 'ᴛɪʟ I ʀᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇɴ I'ʟʟ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
Nᴏ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ, I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴛʀʏ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ. I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴛʀʏ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ I ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ꜰᴀɪʟ
I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴜᴘ, ɴᴏ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ɪɴ, 'ᴛɪʟ I ʀᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇɴ I'ʟʟ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
Nᴏ I ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ, I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴛʀʏ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ. I ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ᴛʀʏ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜ I ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ꜰᴀɪʟ
I'ʟʟ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴏɴ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ɴᴇᴡ ᴍɪsᴛᴀᴋᴇs. I'ʟʟ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴏɴ ᴍᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇᴍ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴅᴀʏ

Θн, σн, σн Ƭгψ Σvεгψτнιπɢ!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:13 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxShop - Main Room
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxCustomers (Gabby)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAmused
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ѕιnce we мeт ι ғeel a lιgнтneѕѕ ιn мy ѕтep yoυ're мιleѕ away вυт ι ѕтιll ғeel yoυxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          anywнere ι go тнere yoυ are, anywнere ι go тнere yoυ are xxxxxxxxx
                                                          laтe aт nιgнт wнen yoυ can'т ғall aѕleep ι'll вe lyιng rιgнт вeѕιde yoυ coυnтιng ѕнeepxxxxxx
                                                          anywнere ι go тнere yoυ are, anywнere ι go тнere yoυ arexxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceDamien smiled when she asked how the wand worked, looking at Nathaniel like he had two heads. In a way, he supposed what she'd just witnessed might be equally as astounding. Muggleborn kids came with all sorts of interesting opinions on magic, some more frustrating to deal with than others. He'd never quite gotten used to the ones who could see it happening right before their eyes and still claim it was nonsense. Especially when they were the ones holding the wand. In response to her question, he shrugged, making a noncommittal hum. "Magic in general, or the wand itself? Because I can't tell you how magic works. Not my area of expertise, that. But, I can tell you that all things have a little magic in them, some things more than others."

spaceWhile making note of her measurements, he continued, "Wands're made of two components, wood and core. The core is taken usually from a magical creature, like a unicorn or a dragon, or a creature with a strong connection to the magical world despite technically not being magical itself, like a raven or a fox." He noticed Nathaniel listening in, which was part of why he'd bothered trying to explain at all. Two kids had asked, so saving time by recommending the same books to both of them seemed pointless. "Then there's the wood, which has magic, but is more... subtle about it. The wood stabilizes the magic from the core, and allows a witch or wizard to channel their own magic through it. Plus, it's more effective to hold onto a wand than it would be to, say, throw fairy dust about whenever you wanted to cast a spell."

spaceOf course, she had to ask his favorite question, which was why it mattered which hand she used. Considering the answer for that was basically 'Dunno, but it's important,' he really hated having to answer it. "It's a variable we have to consider," he replied. "Some old school wandmakers will tell you that it can tell them something about your personality and what types of wands might be suitable for you. I'm not sure I've noticed a correlation in that regard, but it's how I was trained. When it comes to helping people find their wands, the process is mostly guesswork when you don't know them well, so every detail helps." He paused, smiling faintly. "On a more practical side, wands are finicky, and knowing which hand you're going to grab it with helps prevent any accidents while handing it over."

spaceDamien disappeared into the shelves for a moment, collecting a few boxes. So far, he knew the girl was skeptical, opinionated, and not afraid to speak her mind... Core would be something bold, nothing so gentle or subtle as unicorn hair or Hippogriff feather. Wood would have to be strong enough to handle her brashness... After he'd collected a few potentials, he returned. "Here, give this a go first. Ten inches, Acacia with Dragon Heartstring." Truth be told, he doubted this was a match, but the reaction would help him figure out where to go next.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxι вeen geттιng υѕed тo waĸιng υp wιтн yoυ, ι вeen geттιng υѕed тo waĸιng υp нere
                                                          xxxxxxanywнere ι go тнere yoυ are, anywнere ι go тнere yoυ are
                                                          xxxxxxxxxyoυ're тнe ғιre and тнe ғlood and ι'll alwayѕ ғeel yoυ ιn мy вlood
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxeveryтнιng ιѕ ғιne wнen yoυr нead'ѕ reѕтιng neхт тo мιne, neхт тo мιne

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

murruelecreuset

Kungfudemoness

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:38 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxinsert location
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxinsert companions
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxinsert emotions

ғall ιѕ нere, нear тнe yell, вacĸ тo ѕcнool, rιng тнe вellxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          вrand new ѕнoeѕ, walĸιng вlυeѕ, clιмв тнe ғence, вooĸѕ and penѕxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ι can тell тнaт we are gonna вe ғrιendѕxxxxxx
                                                          ι can тell тнaт we are gonna вe ғrιendѕxxx

spaceNath was a little thrown off by Theo's enthusiasm, flinching back ever so slightly in response. How exactly did one 'do good' at getting a wand? He'd not done anything except waved the wand and hoped for the best (and gotten the worst, twice). But, apparently Theo knew the wandmaker, so presumably he knew what he was talking about. Or, he was just vocalizing pointless encouragement, which was sort of odd since they were strangers... Then again, Nath was not a particularly social person, so maybe he just thought it was weird because it'd never occur to him to do something like that.

spaceBefore he could respond to Theo's question, Damien started talking to the girl who'd entered after them, explaining a little about wands. He met the man's eye part-way through the explanation, and supposed that Damien was speaking for both their benefits. Nath frowned slightly, not understanding why he hadn't just answered him when he'd asked, but decided it didn't matter since he was getting his explanation now. Sort of. An abridged version of it. Maybe he'd not gotten an explanation because the man hadn't thought he had to prove something to him, since it was pretty clear Gabby wasn't quite on board with the whole magic thing yet. Theo didn't blame her; if he didn't remember his father doing magic when he was really little, he'd probably think it was all hogwash, too.

spaceA faint cough from his grandmother drew his attention, and he met her eyes, which were narrowed to match her frown. He gave her a confused look, and she glanced from him to Theo and back before coughing again. He remembered that the other boy had asked him a question, and sighed slightly. Well, he could still get the books, he supposed.
                                                          "Uh, I dunno where we're going," he answered finally. "I wanted my wand first, but I didn't really ask about anything else. Um..."

space"Perhaps the bookstore?" his grandmother supplied. "So we don't forget to look at the wand books. They're not on your list, you know."

spaceNath frowned. "Textbooks are heavy, though. And we've got to get a lot of them." He, for one, did not fancy the idea of having to carry around an armload of books all day long. It sounded horrible. He doubted if any of the things he'd have to get were particularly light, but books in particular tended to be heavy. And, if the bookstore he'd spied on the way to the wandshop were any indication, his textbooks were going to be on the 'old fashioned spellbook you see in a movie' side of large, which meant they were heavier than what he was used to, even.

space"We'll purchase a bag while at the bookstore," Mr. Edgeworth informed them. "They sell bags with featherlight charms on them. Hogwarts is rather large, having to carry all your textbooks around the castle would be quite a strain without it."

space"Oh!" Angelica exclaimed. "That sounds rather handy! I wish poor Edward could put one of those on all the wood he has to lug around!" She laughed.

spaceNath rolled his eyes a little, then glanced back at Theo.
                                                          "Uh, I guess the book store, then?" Nath didn't quite recall Theo being invited to go along with him to do his shopping, and thought it was sort of rude for the boy to've invited himself and his mother along. But, he also knew that if he said anything, his grandmother would tell him he was being silly and invite them to come officially, so there was no point. She wanted him to make friends... which, it wasn't like he couldn't do that just fine. He just didn't see why he had to do it right now.

xxxwe don'т noтιce any тιмe paѕѕ
                                                          xxxxxxwe don'т noтιce anyтнιng
                                                          xxxxxxxxxwe ѕιт ѕιde вy ѕιde ιn every claѕѕ
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxтeacнer тнιnĸѕ тнaт ι ѕoυnd ғυnny
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxвυт ѕнe lιĸeѕ тнe way yoυ ѕιng

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

#738678 Wesley
                                                          #C54B8C Angelica

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:23 am
User Image
User Image

ᵂⁱˢʰ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ᵇᵘⁱˡᵈ ᵃ ᵗⁱᵐᵉ ᵐᵃᶜʰⁱⁿᵉ
ˢᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵒᵘˡᵈ ˢᵉᵉ
ᵀʰᵉ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵍˢ ⁿᵒ ᵒⁿᵉ ᶜᵃⁿ ˢᵉᵉ
ᶠᵉᵉˡˢ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ˢᵗᵃⁿᵈⁱⁿᵍ ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᵉᵈᵍᵉ
ᴸᵒᵒᵏⁱⁿᵍ ᵃᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ˢᵗᵃʳˢ
ᴬⁿᵈ ʷⁱˢʰⁱⁿᵍ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵉʳᵉ ᵗʰᵉᵐ

Oh wow it was almost his turn now! Now he was a bit nervous. What if the wand he would need was not here? Would he have to wait till more where for sale? Oh that would suck. He was temporarily brought back to reality when the one kids wand screamed. Ok that deffinitly didn't seel right. Would the wands he tried do that? Soon it was the girls turn was he up next? Had the other boy gone? The girl seemed skeptical about wand and magic in general. She must be muggleborn. He had grown up with magic so muggle things where strange to him. He hopes he see her later and he could ask about muggle think and mabye he could help her with learning Wizard things! Hopefully the shopkeeper would get his attention? Ferdie decided to just suck it up and be ready. Besides he wanted to make sure his nervousness didn't effect the wand selection.

ᴵᵗ'ˢ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵒᵛᵉʳ 'ᵗⁱˡ ⁱᵗ'ˢ ᵃˡˡ ᵇᵉᵉⁿ ˢᵃⁱᵈ‬
‪ᴵᵗ'ˢ ⁿᵒᵗ ᵒᵛᵉʳ 'ᵗⁱˡ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵈʸⁱⁿᵍ ᵇʳᵉᵃᵗʰ‬
‪ˢᵒ ʷʰᵃᵗ ᵈᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵃⁿᵗ ᵗʰᵉᵐ ᵗᵒ ˢᵃʸ ʷʰᵉⁿ ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ᵍᵒⁿᵉ?‬
‪ᵀʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᵍᵃᵛᵉ ᵘᵖ ᵒʳ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘ ᵏᵉᵖᵗ ᵍᵒⁱⁿᵍ ᵒⁿ?

Ooc: 11.5", Yew, Phoenix Feather (2 tries plz)

Cara MiaKitty

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:02 pm
User Image
Gabriella Clarity Stanford
Muggleborn
First Year Unsorted

People call me Gabby...
                                                  I'm 11 years old...

Gabby ignored one of the boy’s snickers. She had more important things to worry about like getting her wand. When Damien asked her if she was asking about the magic or the wand she answered, “The wand itself.” She didn’t think anyone knew really how magic worked. If anyone had they were probably long gone, or she assumed they would be. Listening to Damien explain wands they sounded interesting. Complicated but interesting. Cores of magical beings and wood put together to make something that could channel magic. Gabby wiggled her nose at the idea of throwing fairy dust around. They weren’t fairies. Fairies were probably were… weren’t they? “It does sound more practical.” Gabby replied honestly. She was actually quite grateful that she would have to throw dust around.

Now for the reason why he needed to know her dominate hand… It was a variable? Gabby didn’t think that was much of a reason but who was she to argue. “So it is guess work.” She said not really surprised. It seemed that way. Either way she wondered how long it would take for them to find her wand. Waiting for Damien to return, Gabby noticed two of the boys talking about where they were going to next. There was another boy as well but she didn’t know him and certainly didn’t want to get into introductions before she got the wand.

Coming back with an Acacia, Dragon Heartstring wand, Gabby was weary about what it would do. “It isn’t going to make any load noises is it?” She asked before taking the wand. “Okay,” She mumbled to herself before giving it a wave. Suddenly there was a loud bang that caused her to practically jump. “Why me…?” She muttered. “I’m thinking loud banging sounds don’t work for me.” She said before handing it back to Damien. It was right up there with rain in her books.

Status: Excited / Skeptical...
                                                  Wearing: Casual Shirt & Jeans

With: Mr. Windsor & Damien... and others

OOC: Felt like I needed to post this since it took me forever to do.
                                                  tab tab Wand... 11½ Inch, Snake Wood, Salamander Tail Core (1st or 2nd try will do.)

Cara Miakitty
                                                  Jade Galaksylph

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 6:40 pm
Heaven is a switchboard that you want to fight!
She wouldn't even miss you if you taught her sight!
Power politician leaning to the right...
Baby's got a trust fund-
That she'll want to go off like that.
Get off of my stack; leave a little window.

User Image
𝕘𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕠𝕟
𝕕𝕖𝕒𝕟
𝕖𝕕𝕘𝕖𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕙

SIX YEARS OLD │ PUREBLOOD │ BIG BROTHER

Gid was Bored. Capital B bored. Now that the summer was over, that meant way less people in the shop. Way less people for him to gawk at and harass and be scolded by, until they realized his dad was the one in charge of their wands and they shut up. Ha! Mum might have been the big bad auror, but Dad was like... the master of wands. So. Everyone in the shop had to listen to him. Well, even Gid, just... not all the time, because that'd be no fun. Besides, Dad never stayed angry with him for too long. Mum said it was because of his 'wining grin', in this voice that implied that she didn't think it was all that great herself, but hey, it worked on her too, right? He frowned down at the stack of comics in front of him on the floor, brushing his long bangs out of his eyes. He could read really well for his age- everyone said so, that he was clever like Mum and Dad. Except Mum was always sighing because the only thing Gid really liked to read were comic books and menus at restaurants.

Comic books because they had pictures and superheroes and menus because duh, food. Gid really liked superheroes, which was supposed to be a 'phase', whatever that was. He didn't care. His absolute favorite was the Flash, who could definitely run fast enough to turn back time so he was basically as powerful as Superman, right? Besides, Superman was boring unless the comic had Lex Luthor in it. Gid liked him. He also liked X-Men, but he wasn't allowed to read some of those because they were too 'mature'. That probably meant there were like... boobs and bad words in it. Both of which Gid, being six, found very funny. Still, he couldn't just sit on the floor and read comics all day. And Winona was hiding from him because he'd accidentally stepped on her tail this morning. And Luce wasn't being any fun. Ugh. How could a three year old be so boring sometimes? He stretched out his short legs before scrambling behind the counter and into the rows of towering shelves.

Gid liked to play hide and seek back here, but Dad didn't like that. So he was just gonna look, not hide. Well, look and touch a little. The wands were all really pretty, and hey, they were made to be waved around, right? It wasn't like they were going to do anything. He'd already showed magic- when he was Luce's age he'd made his bedroom door open by itself when Mum had tried to make him have some quiet time in his room. So. It wasn't like he was gonna, blow up the shop or something. He reached towards the first box he saw, and doing so, accidentally knocked over a few boxes next to it. The redheaded boy crouched down to examine the wands, waving one a bit timidly, and then when nothing happened giving it a bigger wave. Still nothing. He plucked up the next one and made a whoosh noise like a wave before jumping up, pretending to aim hexes at bad wizards. Like Sterling Nimbus. He liked some magical comics too, even if they got a lot of stuff about muggles wrong. Growing bored, he dropped the wand in his hand and grabbed the last one, slashing it down in front of him like a knife. The air seemed to ripple like a breeze had come through the shop, and a current traveled down the narrow space in between shelves, knocking down more boxes here and there and rattling the back room door.

"Wicked," Gid breathed, and went for another wave with it.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

Now we wear same-colored yellow uniforms-
Sky is burning, but at least we know we're warm!
Go and run yourself a million miles...
Hoping that the colors run out.
And you go off like that; get off of my stack-
Leave a little window; get off of my stack!

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 9:05 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxShop - Office to Front Room
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxGid
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxExasperated

ѕιnce we мeт ι ғeel a lιgнтneѕѕ ιn мy ѕтep yoυ're мιleѕ away вυт ι ѕтιll ғeel yoυxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          laтe aт nιgнт wнen yoυ can'т ғall aѕleep ι'll вe lyιng rιgнт вeѕιde yoυ coυnтιng ѕнeepxxxxxx

spaceOne day, Damien would learn to not leave his son unsupervised. One day, he would learn to keep one eye on his work, and one on the child. Unfortunately, today was obviously not that day; he was working on a special project, and really should've left Gid upstairs with Brownie. But, he'd been leaving Gid upstairs with Brownie for a couple of weeks now while working on this specific project, and he was pretty sure his son was getting a bit annoyed with him. Given that, up until this point, the child had been more or less allowed to wander between the flat and the shop at will, provided he kept both his father and the house-elf informed of his whereabouts, it was unsurprising that being asked to remain in the flat had been grating on Gid's nerves. Damien was much more comfortable with the material he was working with at this point, and mostly done with the experimentation phase, so he'd reasoned it was fine if Gid was allowed downstairs again.

spaceIf the sounds coming from the front room were any indication, though, he'd been incorrect. Sighing, Damien spent more time than he probably should have considering just leaving Gid to his own devices. Mari would have his head for even thinking it, probably. But when your child was as rambunctious as Gid, Damien reasoned that you had to learn to pick your battles. The wisdom of not immediately choosing the battle that involved wands was probably questionable, but he stood by the point. If he went running every time there was a suspicious crash, he'd never stop running. Besides, he had no interest in being one of those obnoxious parents that hovered over their children's shoulders and drove them up the wall. He'd rather like for his son (and daughter) to actually like him when they got older, thanks very much.

space"Gideon!" he called, in what should have been a commanding tone. Unfortunately, he was so used to this sort of thing that it came out a little half-hearted. He was very much just going through the motions of scolding the boy. But, before he could get any further, or take on a more appropriate tone, there was a harsh rattling at the door... which should not have been closed, he noted with some displeasure. More to the point, at just before the door rattled, he had heard the distinct sound of more falling boxes, which had been too far away for his son to've been the cause of both. Unless...

spaceHe frowned, a suspicion settling in. Standing, Damien abandoned his work at the bench and entered the main room of the shop.
                                                          "Gid, where the devil are you?" he asked, the question mostly rhetorical, since he doubted if his son would actually answer. It was unnecessary, anyway; he rounded a corner and found Gid, standing amidst a few scattered boxes and wands. That wasn't particularly concerning, really; it wasn't the first time it had happened. What was concerning was the wand his son held in his hand, with a look of distinct glee on his face. Damien crossed his arms, and wondered how something could be so unbelievable that it annoyed him. He didn't have to guess at what'd happened; apparently, the redheaded devil child had managed to get his hands on his wand. Among thousands of wands in the shop, somehow, he'd picked up that one, and it had liked him. What were the odds? "Gideon, what are you doing?" he asked quietly, brow arched. "Why's that wand so special, hm?" It wasn't as though he really needed to ask, but he wanted to hear a confession. Gid'd gotten his hands on countless wands over the years, this should be old hat. The only reason he'd look at all interested in this one was if Damien was right, if it was his... Merlin, this was going to be fun to tell Marina. She'd either laugh her arse off, or kill him.

xxxι вeen geттιng υѕed тo waĸιng υp wιтн yoυ, ι вeen geттιng υѕed тo waĸιng υp нere
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxeveryтнιng ιѕ ғιne wнen yoυr нead'ѕ reѕтιng neхт тo мιne, neхт тo мιne

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:38 am
Baby's got a trust fund-

User Image
𝕘𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕠𝕟
𝕕𝕖𝕒𝕟
𝕖𝕕𝕘𝕖𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕙

Gid jumped a bit when his father's voice suddenly called out his name, not because he was frightened, but because he was startled, and to his dismay it sounded like his father was coming this way. "I'm just playing," he called back indignantly- this wand worked, and none of the rest ever had, so either they were all broke or this was his wand. And if it was his wand, then shouldn't he be allowed to do whatever he wanted with it? The redheaded boy waved it again and a shower of golden sparks descended from it onto his trouser legs. Giggling, he wiped at them with his hands like he might glitter, before looking up guiltily when his father rounded the corner. Dad was doing that dumb thing where he raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms, which was sort of the same thing as when Mum put her hands on her hips and narrowed her eyes. "Doing stuff with my wand," Gid said stubbornly. What? He wasn't even that good of a liar and he'd just get in more trouble if he tried to fib his way out. Lucy was probably a better liar and she was only three. "Look!" he waved it again like a pinwheel, and sent up a halo of sparks, emerald green this time, over his very red head.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:36 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxGid

spaceIn spite of the circumstances, Damien couldn't help feeling... proud? Was that it? He didn't suppose that made much sense, but it was as close as he could get to how he felt about the matter. A child receiving their wand was a rather big deal, so seeing Gid holding one aloft, sparks flying into the air as he waved it, invoked something in his father. That Damien had made the wand himself only increased the feeling; his labor, his (admittedly metaphorical) blood, sweat, and tears, put into something that now belonged to his son, his heart and soul and whole world.

space... Of course, Gid couldn't be allowed to keep the damn thing. The thought came at just the right moment, just in time to stop Damien from doing something stupid, like grinning like a fool at the sight of his son playing with his wand. Instead, he sighed, pinching his brow. How, of all the thousands of wands in the store, had Gid found that one? What were the odds? Damien had it tucked away for this exact reason. It wasn't as though he didn't know his own son well enough to guess at which wands would prefer him. He'd not been certain which would be the eventual winner, namely because Gid was only six. Damien didn't know for certain what he'd be like in five years. But the one he held now had certainly been on the list of potentials.

spaceHe held his hand out.
                                                          "Alright, Gid, you've had your fun," he said. This was going to be a fight, he could already feel it coming. It was Gid's wand, why shouldn't he get to have it? 'Because it's illegal,' his common sense reminded him. 'and imagine the property damage he'll manage with it.' Not a completely invalid concern, to be perfectly honest. Gid was quite the destructive force. Add uncontrolled, focused magic into the mix, and something was going to explode. To be honest, he was surprised nothing had yet. "You know you can't have that yet," Damien told him. "Give it here. We'll put it up for you." It wasn't going to be that easy. It was never that easy with Gid. Or any child, he supposed, but he only had experience with his two. Lucia wasn't as bad as her brother. Some might say it was too early to say that, but Gid at three had been quite the holy terror. Lucy mostly sat around and stared at everyone. 'Too bad it's Gid that got into the wands,' Damien thought distantly. Then again, he had a hard time seeing his youngest getting into this kind of nonsense. Time would tell, though.

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:17 pm
Baby's got a trust fund-

User Image
𝕘𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕠𝕟
𝕕𝕖𝕒𝕟
𝕖𝕕𝕘𝕖𝕨𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕙

Gid looked up in dismay at the expression on his father's face, which told him that the wand in his hands would soon no longer be in his possession. He felt a bit put-out; he'd thought Dad would be happy he'd found his wand. Mad about the fallen boxes, yes, but Dad was always happy when someone got their wand. And now God had his and all Dad was... was annoyed. He scuffed at the floorboards with a sneaker toe somewhat sullenly, before glancing up again when his father held his hand out for the wand.

"But it's mine," the redheaded boy said plaintively, "I didn't nick it, it's mine so can't I please have it? I can't even do real magic. Dadpleaseeeee?" Gid stuck his lower lip out, knowing it probably wasn't any use. Dad was strict about wands, the same way Mum was strict about him running off on his own or wandering away when they were out getting something.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 7:09 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxGid

spaceDamien sighed, pinching his brow and trying to suppress the frustration he felt. Technically, Gid was right; it was, rather obviously, his wand. And he would've loved to be able to say Gid could keep it. But he didn't even want to consider all the trouble that would cause. He looked at his son with a reluctant expression, and dropped down to the boy's level, once again holding his hand out for the wand. "Gid, if I could let you keep it, I would," he answered honestly. "I would take you upstairs right now and start teaching you how to use if. But I'm not allowed to do that, you understand? There's laws, and we don't get to break them just because I make the wands." This seemed rather unfair, both to him and his son, quite frankly. He shouldn't have to disappoint Gid like this, and Gid shouldn't have to be disappointed.

spaceWithout thinking, he added,
                                                          "Think of your mum, eh? She's an Auror. We can't break laws and make her have to choose between ignoring it, or telling on us. Not fair to her." Not fair to any of them. It occurred to Damien that he might've just painted Mari as the bad guy, which he felt rather bad about. But he wasn't wrong. He doubted very much if she'd appreciate being put in a tight spot just because her husband hated saying no to their kid.

spaceDammit, he hated saying no. Especially about this. Honestly, he was put out that he'd missed Gid's first wave of the wand. He'd always suspected this sort of thing was bound to happen sooner or later, but he'd rather hoped it'd be an instance where the boy picked up one of the wands on the workbench, with him sitting right there to see it. No such luck. Sighing, he tried to think.
                                                          "I'm going to make a deal with you," he said. This was going to bite him in the arse, probably, but he was trying to avoid his son becoming sullen over not getting his way. Especially over something where Damien would've liked to just let him have it. "We're going to put the wand up, so that no one else gets to mess with it. And when your mum comes home, you can show it off to her a bit before we put it away. And to your grandparents next time you see them. But then it has to get put up until you're eleven, Gid. That's not me saying that, okay, that's the law." He wasn't sure if his little compromise was actually going to be crueler in the end or not. On the one hand, he was going to let Gid play with it, at least a little. And show it off, which he would undoubtedly love to do. But on the other hand, he was getting a very short glimpse of what having it would be like, only to have it taken away. Part of Damien wanted to expand the pool of people he was allowed to show it to, but that was a bad idea. Namely because drawing the line would be almost impossible; at this point, they were related to or at least good friends with most everyone in the whole bloody country, he felt. Even saying 'only relatives' wasn't good enough, since Gid wasn't actually related to half the people he called family. Best to limit it to his parents and Mari's. And he had to hope she was on board with even that much.

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:21 pm
Cara MiaKitty

User Image

𝐼'𝓂 𝓇𝓊𝓃𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓁𝒶𝓉𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓈𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝐼 𝒹𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒
                                𝒲𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒻𝓊𝓉𝓊𝓇𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓅𝓇𝑜𝓂𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒶𝒾𝓃'𝓉 𝓌𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒾𝓉 𝓊𝓈𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒
                                𝐼 𝓃𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝒸𝑜𝓂𝓅𝓇𝑜𝓂𝒾𝓈𝑒 𝑜𝓇 𝒷𝒶𝓇𝑔𝒶𝒾𝓃 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓂𝓎 𝓈𝑜𝓊𝓁
                                𝐻𝑜𝓌 𝒹𝒾𝒹 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝑜𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝒹 𝓈𝒾𝒹𝑒 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓈𝑜 𝒹𝓊𝓁𝓁?

Jeremy entered the shop. He didn't really understand why he had to dress up a little extra fancy today. Sure it was be his first year at Hogwarts but he was going to have six more afterwards anyways. He wanted to do the shopping early today and to do so he had to dress up so his parents would bring him. He doubted anyone would be looking at them and judging what they wore today considering they too were buying for their kids, the streets were beginning to get crowded with other would be students. He was actually pretty excited about his wand, enough so that he was actually smirking a bit. He was with his dad while his mom went book shopping, so she was set for the rest of the trip. Maybe he could convince his dad to go get food after shopping and leave her there. She talked too much at meals. His dad didn't mind that but Jeremy wasn't much for conversation when eating. They entered the wand shop and Jeremy spotted the shop keeper. “Hello, sir. My names Jeremy, I would like to get a wand please.” He said being polite. This very important, this was one of those time like his parents mentioned where you need a good first impression. He did not want to leave without a wand. He would be willing to try every wand in the shop to get the wand he so wanted, he wasn't even picky about how it looked as the wand was special. He stood at the higher counter with his head poking over the counter and he hands on the counter ready to get a wand.

OOC: 13 in Hazel, Dragon Heartstring 2-3 tries

𝐼 𝑔𝑜𝓉 𝒶 𝓈𝑒𝒶𝓉 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂𝒾𝒹𝒹𝓁𝑒 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓇𝑜𝒶𝒹 𝐼'𝓂 𝑔𝑜𝓃𝓃𝒶 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝓂𝓎 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒
                                                        𝐼 𝓈𝒽𝑜𝓅 𝑜𝓃𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑒 𝓈𝑜 𝐼 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝓋𝑜𝓉𝑒 𝒶𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓅𝑒𝑒𝒹 𝑜𝒻 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒
                                                        𝐼'𝓂 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝒶 𝒹𝓇𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝓌𝒶𝓎 𝓊𝓅 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓀𝓎 𝐼'𝓂 𝒶 𝓈𝒽𝑜𝑜𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇
                                                        𝒯𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒'𝓈 𝒶 𝓈𝑜𝓁𝒹𝒾𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉'𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝒫.𝒮. 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒾𝓈 𝓌𝒶𝓇

CatWaffle
    Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
    • Ultimate Player 200
    • Forum Sophomore 300
    • Rufus' Gratitude 100

The Forgotten Weasley
    Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
    • WilyTrickster 50
    • The Wolf Within 100
    PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:27 pm
    Some people call me the space cowboy, yeah
    Some call me the gangster of love
    Some people call me Maurice
    'Cause I speak of the pompitous of love
    People talk about me, baby
    Say I'm doin' you wrong, doin' you wrong

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
    DANIEL
    JAMES
    SHEPARD

first year │ halfblood │ unsorted

DJ wrinkled his nose- how many relatives who had shops here could they have? The very idea of such a big family made him both curious and resentful- his family was just him and his parents. That was it. His dad didn't have any siblings and his parents had died way before DJ was even born, and if his mum had any family, she didn't talk about them. Well, he had Lea too, but it was hard to remember that Lea was supposed to be his brother, sometimes. They didn't really look anything alike, but he knew he looked like Thea, who had been Lea's sister, and his sister too, he guessed, except she was dead, and had been for a very long time, and no one liked to talk about her.

But maybe they weren't all one big happy family, because this Michelle had obviously done something. DJ decided it was probably drugs. It was always drugs. His mum had used to do drugs, but now she just smoked, and when she didn't smoke she was really nasty and swore a lot, so he didn't say anything about, even when she smelled like it when she came to say goodnight to him. He'd stolen one of her fags when he was nine and smoked it out back, until Dad had found him and smacked it out of his hand so hard his knuckles stung all night. "My dad would have burned me with," Dad had said in his 'don't start with me, Danny' voice when he'd whined about it later.

"Lea gave me a turtle," he said distractedly when they were suddenly discussing pets. "His name is Leif. But not like a tree leaf. Like the Viking. I'm not allowed to have pets at home so I have to hide him, though." He started in surprise when Desi grabbed his arm and started talking excitedly about his wand. "Yeah, I want one. Lea showed me his but I can't touch it because it's 'brittle' but I think he just made that up so I wouldn't get it dirty. Can I do magic once I get my wand, or do I have to wait til school? Are you gonna wear ear plugs all year? Someone at my old school had hearing aids and they were purple and everyone made fun of them-," he kept up this steady stream until they'd entered the shop, which was nearly silent, which in turn startled DJ into silence.

OOC:
    ((Holly, dragon heartstring, 12 and 1/5 inches, pliable, bent shaft, 3 tries))

Well, don't you worry baby, don't worry
    'Cause I'm right here at home
    'Cause I'm a picker, I'm a grinner
    I'm a lover, and I'm a sinner
    I play my music in the sun
    I'm a joker, I'm a smoker, I'm a midnight toker
    I sure don't want to hurt no one

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash