Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Holds & Halls
[ORP] Firelizard Hatching, Oh My! [All Folks!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:42 am
Ahhh, now HERE was a choice specimen! His coloring was interesting, so deep brown as to be nearly black, and that gait! He almost couldn't believe the regal little brown was of the same stock as the rest (take that overdramatic green for example, or the hissing blue the whiterider had plucked up) but there you had it. No hurry here, nothing but intent and purpose.

And hunger, apparently. The boy's lips tugged slightly down at the voracity the hatchling exhibited, but still. Children would be children, he supposed. There'd be time to teach better etiquette while dining. For now though he wanted to be certain the little fellow got his share of the food, learned well who'd fed him and where his loyalties should be. Before the first offering was even eaten up, he'd pulled out another, thrusting it towards the expectant little lizard and coaxing him to clamber up onto his arm. It seemed like the rest had chosen a person, or to fly off, and so he didn't waste any more time in weaving back out of the still-raucous circle.

"Come along then, little one. We'll have to find you a name." He marched back across the beach, casting a quick but haughty look towards wherever that whiterider had gone. 'Just look', it seemed to say, 'look at this splendid creature I've got!' Probably sensing his feeling, the little brown sat back atop his arm, neck arched high and chest puffed proudly, the very picture of majesty.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:06 pm
He looked back at Camriel, brows raising. He was surprised to hear that. "But white is rare, right? Like queens."

Granted, they weren't exactly like queens, if they weren't able to clutch. But still, in his experience people tended to gravitate towards things that were unusual and unique. As for her smaller size.. He lifted his shoulders, unfazed. "Bigger wings are harder to move underwater. I bet she's good at fishing." he said. That was about all he knew of dragons. After the clutch where Neri and the others impressed, their little fishing village was suddenly flooded with them. And of course, that was the only thing that most people thought of using them for.

That must be the difference with the Weyr. A smaller dragon seemed perfect to someone like him, but he supposed if the somehow didn't think they were as good at fighting, that might be why. He rubbed his palm, gaining a little in confidence. "Can I?" he asked, moving an arm out towards the small dragon's neck, looking from her to her rider.

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:02 pm
Andranis

And lucky he was! The darker blue fire-lizard that had been toppled over by his brother eventually found his way over to Jacomus. It still hadn't quite figured out what to do with his large wings and extra-long tail; and he kept getting tangled on the few beach grasses, and tripping over broken shells. Life was hard for the little blue, and all he wanted was some pity. And meat. All the meat. Give him him. The dried meat that Jacomus held tempated the poor critter, and he came wailing. Surely, surely, he'd be fed. Too lazy to bother flying -- and not quite trusting his newborn wings -- the little blue firelizard made his appeal to the strangers better nature.

Feed him... please?

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:07 pm
DruidTigeress

"Kreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

There was a loud, and overly dramatic wail as Finbar reached out in hopes to touch the white. With his attention so focused on the white, the poor little fire-lizard knew he would never stand a chance. So it was, the little creature who had been dragging himself over to where Finbar awaited, absolutely threw himself at the other. It wasn't quite flight, and he tabbled head-first into the others leg. Clawing desperately at whatever clothing he could find, the little brown wanted both food and attention.

Why wasn't he getting either? Why was the white stealing the show!? Making a series of loud and garbled and agitated noises, the creature was visibly distressed at not getting his due. Where as the food? The pets? The unconditional love? Life was hard for the little newborn baby, but maybe Finbar would feed him and make it right. And not pay attention to the overgrown white flit!

User Image

Masterharper
Vice Captain

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:16 pm
DruidTigeress

The clutch had seemed to have produced its last hatchling. There was nothing more than a fine litter of emptied eggshells, dropped, and half-chewed on food of various types, and a whole lot of people. Some were happy, others were quite disappointed and had been left with no prize. "There's one!" The cry came out, followed by a small, panicked shriek of fear.

A poor little green, the last of her siblings, and quite small in size, hadn't gotten used to her wings. A young child -- possibly from the Hold or one of the Weyrs -- started to chase her, holding out his offering. While a woman reached out and grabbed the child by the arm, only followed by a fierce reprimand about scaring the poor thing Between, the little firelizard ran blindly until she found what looked to be a safehold.

Leaping onto the sitting man, she tried to find some place to hide; maybe up his pant leg or shirt leg; somewhere, anywhere, to find some security. Firmly attached to Cal, she looked up at him, and opened her maw, demanding food. She still trembled with fear, but hunger won out. She wanted to eat, and maybe this one would feed her.

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:28 pm
Roslyn watched in astonishment as all the flits either impressed or went between to somewhere else. She gazed down at her sleepy blue firelizard, his belly bloated with meat. "I probably overfed you, but you were just soooo hungry. Now I need to name you...." She smoothed a few fingers over his hide, tucking his wings in, which he'd forgot to do while eating and had fallen asleep with them stretched out funnily. She sat in the sand, waiting for the beach to clear up some so that she could get up with big blue and cart him over to a rider to see about heading back to healer hall. Thank goodness it was her rest day, because she was going to be busy figuring things out for her firelizard. "I think I'll call you Hopper, since you hopped over to me."  

Nashawryn

Ghostly Dreamer

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:37 pm
Fated Fable

Chayrel had been about to suggest trying to move closer when the little green purposefully made her way near. His brows knit as he watched the little creature snub his meatroll, and all but jump into the bowl of meat his friend offered. The jealousy that struck him was swift and sharp.

"Well." Anything else he said didn't quite survive long enough to slip from his tongue. He grimaced and set his meatroll aside. There was no sense keeping it, especially as it looked like the last of the little firelizards had Impressed. Oh well. "Looks like this one picked you out 'specially," he commented, looking between the little critter and his friend.

He forced a smile, trying hard to be genuine and sincere. "Guess it'll be good practice for Impressin' a dragon," he added with a nod, not really sure what all to say. A glance around the crowd and he couldn't hep but feel like everyone had walked away with a little critter except him. It wasn't true -- there were a fair number who had no such luck -- but disappointment skewed his view some. Fehral did deserve the little creature, though; he'd been far too sweet and nice to not have drawn one over. Chayrel couldn't help but think maybe he was just too prickly.

"Any idea what to name it, er, her?"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

BastetAmun

Kiri was pleased when the young man turned to let her have a better look. The little creature was cuter up close, and certainly looked like a smaller version of the dragons. It was obvious they were related, despite their differences. "Well I'm glad you did," she beamed, quite sincere. She didn't know who he was, but was pleased that one had at least made it over to where they had settled. "There were so many people I'm surprised it made it this far, but clearly, it had be destiny." Though her eyes twinkled with mirth, she did rather believe it. Of all the people offering meat, the fact that the little bronze had wound up with the boy was sharding lucky.

When he confessed he wasn't good at names, Kiri gave another little laugh. "Well, what sort of names do you like? You could name him Destiny, Fate, Lucky, Fishroll," the last one was suggested more in jest, with a warm grin so he knew she felt no bitterness or envy. "You could name him after traits he's displayed or eventually displays, like . . . Well, I guess all he's down now is feast, but I'm sure he'll display a lot more that aren't based solely on his stomach. And of course, there are family names,and silly names, that sort of stuff." Either way, she did rather hope the boy might pick a name sooner than later.

"Are you from around here or did you come in with the mob?" The events of the firelizard hatching hadn't given her time to procure her shoulder knots.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:41 pm
Easy to startle or not, Finbar nearly jumped out of his skin when the frantic brown launched itself at his leg. The screech, coming from behind him, sounded muffled and far away to his impaired ears, and his natural survival instinct of 'what is that touching my leg!!' took over. He winced as the creature clawed its way up his leg, then across his rib cage, and into his arms, as desperate and frantic as a baby canine that had been separated from its mother.

Not knowing what else to do, Finbar comforted it in the same way (hushing and cooing while he stroked its neck and tried to keep it still), bit his lip, and looked at Camriel a little like 'Help!'. The little brown continued to scramble against his arms, like it was trying to get in as much contact with him as possible, as though terrified that he might somehow forget it was there. Finbar laughed. It really was like a canine. He continued to stroke its head and neck, getting the knack for it. And when it was calm enough to hold still for a second, he started feeding it small pieces of the smoked fish he had brought from the ship until it finally settled down a little.

He looked back at Kith and Camriel, still grinning, and shrugged a little sheepishly. Maybe next time..

---

Holding the meat roll loosely in his lap, Cal continued to look around for Finbar, who he soon spotted near a white dragon. It looked like there was a firelizard heading straight for him too. Only he wouldn't notice a wail like that. "Hah!" he laughed when he saw Finbar jump, only to have another of the clutch dive into his lap and startle him as well. "Oh, hey there darling.." he said, trying to put a hand out to the writhing thing, only to have it burrow immediately into his shirt. "Ah! Haha- Ow!" he winced, alternating between laughing and grimacing as the lizard's tail tickled his chest while its needle like claws dug into his skin.

After a minute, the flitt got herself settled and a moment later, a little green nose popped out of the front of his shirt, mouth opening wide. "Well hello there." he said, dropping a piece of the meat roll into its waiting jaws. "Is this how we're doing things now?" he asked, wondering how he was going to tempt this thing out of his clothes later.

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

mewrose

Devoted Librarian

44,865 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Master Librarian 500
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:50 pm
A bit of a commotion nearby brought a pair of blue fire lizards to J'nes's attention. As he watched, the two scuffled for a bit before the lighter-colored one broke free and made his way to J'nes, where he promptly started chomping on all the jerky he could reach.

The rider chuckled at the little creature. "No need to worry, I've got plenty," he assured the blue. He started offering the baby one bite-sized piece of jerky at a time, making sure he swallowed before offing him another. When the flit creeled impatiently, he cooed, "Hey there, have patience, little guy. I don't want you to choke, after all. There's plenty more, and I'll make sure you eat until you're full." If that reduced the hungry noises at all, it was only slightly. But despite the possible impatience, the little guy didn't go anywhere.

By the time J'nes had gone through all the pre-shredded meat, the flit was slowing down, so he seemed only mildly annoyed at having to wait while the man tore off more morsels. Not long after, the blue seemed to have had enough and collapsed in a sleepy heap in J'nes's lap.

The rider stroked the little blue and told Hatteth, Looks like we'll have another new baby around the weyr. He considered that thought for a moment, chuckled, then added, At least this one will be easier to care for than a human baby.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:13 pm
He couldn't believe he had been looking in the wrong direction, when the green was at his feet, how had she snuck so far away from the eggs on those dainty little legs that looked so small. Her lungs however were not dainty at all and she looked like a hoot. Quite the theatrical lady she was, he scooped her up and with practiced hands (albeit used to a somewhat larger maw), stuffed appropriate sized bits of heardbeast into her little mouth. She grumbled at him to begin with, which turned to gurgling as the terrible flashes of hatchling hunger began to slowly fade from his consciousness, he knew them well. Solouth too had been rather hungry out of the shell.

The laugh lines around his eyes crinkled as he rememebered, tears in his eyes, he was such a lucky man, to have a blue and a petite green now. What a little darling she was too, someone else to join their crew of three. Look at her Solouth, he thought to his dragon, who craned his neck to get a peek at the prize in all the peoples.

Very cute, very tiny, don't squish.

"I won't squish her!" he cried indignantly as his dragon chuckled at him. "You heartless lizard!"

Solouth bugled with mirth. "Honestly my dragon Rinis, teasing me so about my new girl. A fine brown and a fine green. I'll finally have someone smaller then me to snuggle with at night, won't that be grand?" He couldn't think of a name yet, he was still too flabbergasted that she had chosen to tug on him for food. What a sweet, sweet thing.

Magnadearel

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:48 pm
Jynnat was very pleased with her firelizard. He could have looked like dirt and she'd still would have been happy. She'd gotten a firelizard! The candidate wanted to crow with joy. All the other candidates would be jealous. She continued to break pieces of dried fish off and give them to him. Now that he'd seen what she was feeding him, his eyes were intently on that piece of fish, although he didn't make an attempt to grab the whole thing for himself.

She was startled when the woman spoke out loud, clearly not to her. Jynnat blushed slightly and nodded. "I wouldn't mind letting your dragon see him. Ooooh!" she gave a tiny exclamation as a green attached herself to the rider. "Looks like she wants you!" She stroked his eye ridges as they waited L'saen feed his new beauty. "What does Solouth say?" She laughed at his outburst. To a dragon she sure was tiny! The logic made sense to her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rinis wanted her friend to have one as much as she did. Otherwise she was going to feel guilty for getting one. "Aw I know, and Solouth is the best blue there ever was." She gave L'saen a piercing look that said she wasn't going to give up on it.

The woman considered his question as she continued to feed the brown. The brown cheeped and chittered as he looked at L'saen with first one eye then the other. "I think he'll be Chaek." From the look of him, he was going to be full of cheek!

Their attention was distracted by some serious dramatics going on by L'saen's feet. Jynnet and her brown looked down to see a little green throwing a fit. She laughed as the green tugged his pants. "I think you'd better feed her!"

Redbud-Tree
Jynnat

Duke Edward Drake
Rinis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:50 pm
Kith blinked curiously at the little brown flit that dramatically arrived on scene, demanding all of the attention. She leaned a little closer, studying the baby firelizard and Finbar.

Does this... work, mine? she asked finally huffing a quiet breath at the baby flit, opening her mouth wide to mimic the baby's demands for food and attention.

It worked when you were a baby, didn't it? Camriel answered with a grin.

"Congrats! He's adorable. Looks like a lot of us got lucky today, huh?" She was about to take a closer look at Finbar's brown when her little blue suddenly writhed in her arms, crawled up her shoulder, and perched imperiously on her head with a hiss. "Oh, stop it." She reached up and scritched the flit's face until he quieted down.

"Got a name?"

DruidTigeress

MoonRazor

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:03 pm
"Actually, I think Cinath Impressed her first," Feah chuckled, but obligingly scooped up the little green and started stuffing the hungry maw full. "Come now little one, you can cuddle up to Cinath when you're full." Speaking of the blue, now that he knew at least one fire lizard wasn't going to spook between, slowly made his way closer, keep croushed low to the sands so as to minimize how frightening he was, and stretched out his neck to try and get a good view of both His rider's new little friend, and the one that had attached himself to the woman she was speaking with.

'They're so small! How can they be alive and so small? Is there room in them for food?'

Feah stifled another laugh at her dragon and continued feeding the still-begging little green, though she was aware that her modest amount of meatrolls would only keep the fire lizard full and content for a short time, after which she would need more and better food at the weyr. For now though, the little green seemed utterly content with stuffing her face and getting cooed over - far simpler needs than a dragon, of course, but adorable in the simplicity.

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:05 pm
Caderyn had to nod her head at the fact the little guy had managed to come all the way over here, through the crowd. He was still trying to think of a name and the little flit seemed to be hissing with distaste at the names she was rattling off. He stroked him for a moment before speaking. "Myrddin." The bronze flit looked at him and let out a soft croon of approval.

Her question made him look from his firelizard to her before speaking. "I'm from High Reaches Weyr. I'm a Candidate there." He motioned back over to where his father was, leaning against Gareth. Caderyn looked back and saw his father feeding a green firelizard and he laughed. "Looks like my dad, who brought me here on his dragon, managed to get the attention of a firelizard."

[quote="MasterHarper]  

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:19 pm
Demanthra was watching as her sister fed her new little gold firelizard, when the sad creels of one of the firelizards caught her attention. Her blue green eyes looked around, before seeing a tangled up little green not far way. Before she could even do anything to help it, it came tumbling down to her feet. She instantly took pity on the little darling, wondering had it been trying to come to them. It didn't matter as she gently scooped up the little green and began to untangle her. Once that was done, she began to feed the little girl with the meat she had brought.

"Seems you got a new friend too, congrats sis. She is adorable,"Ashlyn smiled.

"I guess you were right, I would get one when I was meant to. I just had to wait and she would come rolling into me. What do you think of the name Eidel?"the younger sister asked. The little green firelizard voiced her approval of the name in between her bites.

"I think she answered for us,"Ashlyn laughed, her sister joining her. Once both firelizards were fed, the girls got up carefully with their little flits curled up on their shoulders.  
[IC RP] Holds & Halls

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff