Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
A Fortuitous Day: Tarot Clutch Touching Open! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:26 am
Dreams? Yes!

Omne day, I think I would like to see all of Pern, all of her creatures. Amila decided, thinking. Nobody asked about her dreams before -- and she'd been wary of thinking to the eggs before, but this was -- she was grateful. I think you'll find the Rider to Impress that will love you and only you. All of you will! I just know it. I believe in all of you. And hugs... Hm.

Cautiously, Amila reached, not moving the Magician but very, very gently embraced it briefly before smiling as she hummed.

I don't know if you felt it but I hugged. Hugs are nice -- warm, a sign of fondness between friends or family. And she wanted to be friends with many. It made the scary... Far less so.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:26 pm
Yes, it was very rambunctious. Too much for me. But I also have to accept my life will not always be...as I want it to be. Ichta agreed, stroking the purple shell of the Judgement egg one last time before she rose from the sand again and made her way to the large lavender egg not far from where she already had been.

It felt like this egg was...waiting to not make the first move, perhaps? Ichta could respect that. She pressed a palm to the High Priestess, bowing her head slightly to it.

Are you well? Did you enjoy the festivities with your sibling? It was all rather eventful. she pushed the thought in curiously.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:19 pm
Luiciand was practically standing at attention in front of the candidate master. He knew with the core of his being that he had seriously messed up and not how to rectify it. But he did not think that pulling him from the sands would help the matter so he did his best to express lain what happened in a way that did not have that result.

"Sir. I miss thought without thinking." He said, fully aware of the absurdity that was present in that statement but it summed things up rather well. "I made the mistake of being unclear in my thinking and allowing my emotions to be the driving force instead of logic. This distressed the egg enough to reach out to the queen for help." Luiciand began to fear he was saying to much and simply ended with "I majorly screwed up."

Masterharper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:19 pm
Rennati was a little glad she was out of the way of all the commotion. It did make her wonder what exactly had happened but that wasn't necessarily her business so she just continued on her way. With a deep breath, she made her way towards the Empress Egg as she finally felt ready, the excitement that bubbled inside was just too much to hold back and overcame the nerves. She placed a gentle hand on the golden shell of the Empress egg. "Hello there, I hope you're doing okay! It seemed there was a lot of commotion..."  

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:57 pm
The sudden shifting within its shell had Goran straightening, taken aback by the strength that resonated so deeply. He was reminded of the mines, though not unpleasantly so. Of stone, of earth... that was the sensation reminded him of. He felt confident, as though the strength of the Tower Egg was bolstering his own resolve and will. I am Goran. He thought at it, keeping his touch light, but firm. I know I am worth more than what was handed to me. I feel... as though I can do anything now, if I put my mind to it. Nothing will hold me back.

Not even if he failed to Impress a dragon. But, very aware of the need for positive emotions, Goran allowed that thought to fade. Let come what may. You will be a valued asset to any lucky enough to call you theirs. He thought to the egg.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:16 pm
Farensil tilted her head as the thought occurred. it didn't quite feel like her thought, since she knew the answer a few seconds after it was asked. Still, she smiled down at the golden shell. "My dreams? To be the best I can at whatever I'm doing. I can always be proud that way. The sillier ones won't happen but they're fun to have, so I'll keep having those, too." She smiled and tilted her shoulders, giving the egg a soft pat, before she let her fingers drag away from it. There were other eggs to talk to, still, and pretty as the gold was, Faren wanted to greet everyone.

With a smile, she moved over some. The magician already had a guest, and since the only fuss had been raised by the gold eggling, Faren would give in to the request for turns. She moved over a little more and found herself staring over the broad shell of the Sun Egg, smiling and raising her fingers to its shell. She couldn't help but imagine little white specks across the surface, turning it into a veritable night-sky eggshell and hummed. "It's like looking up from a bonfire at night." She hummed, smiling, tracing some of her favorite constellations.

It was along this same path that she spotted the Star Egg and somehow felt the image complete. A bonfire in the night; two pieces of one of the most serene sights she'd ever seen. "Can't help thinking the insides are just as pretty as the out, here." She left a hand on both shells and hummed an old firelight tune she didn't know the name of, her mind providing a daydream of the night scene, a huge bonfire under the great, dark ocean of stars twinkling in the night. She was only vaguely aware of the spirity visions of the other candidates and the ghostly sillhouettes of dragons yet to emerge, tinged in their shells' designs, singing in the backs of their throats behind them as she revelled in her daydreams, lost to them.  

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:54 pm
Reenav pressed his palm to the Emperor Eggs shell, "Never you worry I will be there standing tall to greet you all."

He felt accomplished that he had gotten such a strong reaction out of the big egg. It made him feel good, all the eggs he had gone to seemed to get along with him. He smiled brightly and moved on to the Wheel of Fortune Egg with its lovely blue shell.

"My my little on arn't you pretty and your not even born yet. What a spectacular shell but I bet that it is not the best part about you is it?"

It really was a spectacular egg with a really interesting shape too, longer it seemed then the others less girth. He bet it would be a good flyer early on.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:03 pm
V'Kenti & Takarath

Takarath did not appear to move an inch as Uridith did her rounds, taking care of this problem or that. It seemed the Empress egg had a bit of a jealous streak did it? Well, he supposed that could be understood. He did feel a bit for the devil egg especially with it's protests. The quiet bronze gave it a bit of a loving nudge. You will get your chance again, I'm sure. But for now you get to spend some quality one on one time with dear ol' dad. Taka made sure to send some feelings of calm and love Uridith's way. It was clear she was tense and he wish it didn't have to be so he would do what he could!

V'kenti did what he could as well, though it wasn't much especially with Uridith being fairly particular with things. "Is this how things normally go with Uridith's hatchings? He asked Lestenna, still taking comfort in her touch.  

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:29 pm
"I think they'll get cross if I stay for too long." Ened said to the Death Egg. "But a little bit shouldn't be a problem." Since it mentioned someone was already going to do something about its predicament... If it was lonely, she could at least wait with it until then.

"I liked it!" she said to the egg with a smile. Even if now, between them, she could sense a little bit of something sinister about it, somehow it didn't bother her. Maybe it should. But they were only babies after all. "I thought it was funny. Sorry your friend got taken away. I'll wait with you for a bit until someone comes back."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:32 pm
Uridith of course had relayed all that had gone on to Lestenna, and once Luiciand released his touch on the High Priestess egg, the gold finally seemed to relax. The burst of excitement was not entirely unnatural, given how near to hatching they all were, but it had been more than she'd hoped to have to deal with. Touching day was already exhausting in the demand it placed on her emotional state, but it must be had, she supposed. A quick thought back from Lestenna had the gold sending a thought of her own along to Siriath (who had earned the gold's approval for his respect, and that he'd not even asked to enter the sands, simply opted to remain outside where she felt he belonged) to relay to the candidate master. We do not mind if that one remains on the sands. For now. We will be watching, so if he upsets another... The mild threat hung unfinished, but was obvious all the same. Any more trouble and they'd be the ones sending the boy running.

Feeling a pulse of affection from Takarath as well as Devil's growing frustration, the gold finally abandoned her poised stance on the sands to retreat towards her bronze, and the little red egg nestled beside him. She did not pause, though she did glance briefly towards all those gathered at Empress to flash radiant deep blue eyes at them for their obedience and assistance. You may move on now. It is important to share your attention with all my children before you are called away again.. Empress had been sated, mostly. There were eggs yet in need of wandering hands, and with the golden one at ease (or as near as would like to get today) she had the needs of her other young to think of.

With an almost sigh-like sound, the gold coiled into the sands, half wrapped around her bronze, twining their tails for support and letting one wing stretch over his back. The little red egg still lay nestled between them, and despite it's ire the gold poured only calm loving acceptance back at it. This isn't permanent, she cooed, and again after conferring with Lestenna, the gold dipped her head to take the egg in her jaws. Her gilded neck swung 'round, and now rather than between the parents, the red egg sat beside Uridith, facing the sands and the rest of the clutch. Uridith nuzzled against Takarath's jaw before curving her head around to rest a few feet from the red egg, encouraging him to join her in her watch.

"Not really, no." Lestenna was marginally distracted, of course, and it took her a beat to respond to V'kenti, though her hand never moved away. "It's a very strong brood. High numbers to start, a gold, and enough personality to crack the shell early, almost." She eyed the bronze considerately. "There's no way to know, since he's only sired this one, but...it shouldn't be a problem. Or at least, not enough of a problem to be worth worrying over. Uridith and I have it in hand." Her hand tightened just slightly, a reassuring squeeze. She and the gold both were confident, and they could yet exert their will of things got out of hand. They would not, however, if they had their way. A little order was needed, that was all.

"Any still wishing to visit with the red egg may do so," She called out across the sands to the mingling candidates. "For now though, only two may approach at a time, and you will be...encouraged to move on after Uridith feels you've had enough time to properly introduce yourself. Focusing on only one or two eggs is not ideal. You may well have your preferences, but remember: You are here to one day assist in the fight against thread. All colors are needed, and all are valued. We do not know if touching in any way influences the dragonets' choices on hatching day, but you do them all a disservice by limiting their interactions." Her eyes fell briefly to rest on Caderyn, already sat down in the stands. "We are here to give each hatchling the best chance to find their partner. That is your number one concern, not trying to tip the odds in favor of any particular color." The boy's motives were of course unknown, but candidates doing what they could to try to make certain they'd get a gold or bronze were not unheard of. He very well may decide still to sit out, but his actions would be noted and remembered, regardless.

At Mallan's approach, the gold eyed him, expecting him to be meaning to touch the red egg. When he addressed her rider, however, the gold merely huffed. Of course, the moment she got comfortable...the trials of motherhood, she rumbled quietly, and not unhappily to her bronze. Before she could stir, Lestenna stepped forward, pulling along V'kenti a half-step before seeming to remember she had hold of him and letting go, only the smallest flicker of confusion flashing behind her eyes at her own actions. "I'll handle it. Thank you for telling me. Now...back to the eggs, candidate." Her tone was firm, but not unkind, and then she alighted from the stands, heading toward the Death egg, Uridith's instructions filtering into the back of her mind.

((Whoops, missed you there, Revel! On it!))  

ShinosBee

Nerd

Teiha

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:55 pm
Karone smiled at the Heirophant egg. “As I told your striped sibling, I will find a way to fight back at the Thread, even if I never Impress! I came here to be a part of the only defense system we have, and there are many parts to play. It might be harder to succeed without one of your kind to carry me, but I will use the skills I have, or learn new ones if need be, to do what I can.” He fondly stroked its green shell. “You seem very wise for being just a babe. What will your place be, I wonder?”

He moved along, pausing for a moment to briefly touch the Empress egg. "My lady," he respectfully greeted it. He bowed, then continued on his way.

---

Lenix felt the Magician’s mental shoulder-tap, and refocused. “I’m sorry,” he said, feeling somewhat ashamed of himself. “I haven’t had this much to think about in a long time. But I’ll save it for later.” He looked at the egg apologetically, wishing he could see the colored eyes of the dragonet inside instead of a blank white shell. He tilted his head quizzically as he processed what the egg had “said” to him a moment ago. “You already have dreams, even though you haven’t even been born yet? What does a baby dragon dream about? I hope that’s not an offensive question -- I really don’t know too much about dragons yet.”  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:13 pm
I'm glad your day is going well. A warm smile curved Nadry's lips at the bubbly, amiable response from the resident of the bright green egg, which went a long way towards smoothing over any uncertainties she had about how to approach the eggs. And she was quite happy she'd come to this one first, she couldn't imagine a better start to her first Touching than meeting such a pleasant individual. The girl was quiet for a moment, content to be in the unhatched dragonet's company, but looked up and away briefly at movement from Uridith and words from Lestenna. So they could still touch the red egg...

Although she didn't really want to. But would that be considered rude, to deliberately skip over an egg? Hmm. Well, perhaps she would just leave it for last, which would give everyone else a chance, since only two were allowed to touch it at any given time now. That was an excellent way to think about it, yes. She turned her attention back to The Hierophant, whose shell she was tracing gentle patterns on while she thought. Siblings can be...well, siblings, she commiserated, returning to their little exchange. I know some of mine think I've forgotten my place, but I hope they'll understand one day. I don't want to cause trouble, it's just that what they want for me isn't what I want.  

Meepfur
Crew

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:49 pm
People care what you think. Look. Thanks to you, the other egg was moved and the hatching is moving along as before. She assured the Empress egg. Indeed, gold or no, it seemed to show a penchant for command already. At the queen's words, Cami nodded and lifted her hand from the egg with a final farewell.

Heeding the egg and the riders words, Cami looked around for one that didn't have too many attendants around it. Near by her feet was a small white egg without too many companions around it. Smiling to herself, Cami moved over and put her hand on the Magician Egg. She liked the simplicity of its color, and its confident aura.

Um. Hello.. She thought, trying this again.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:55 pm
Hearing Lestenna speak up to the rest of the candidate's Caderyn lifted his head. He felt his cheeks flush some as he felt her eyes on him, as well as knowing her words were directed to him. He knew it must seem like he was sitting out because he touched the only eggs he wanted to but...In truth, Caderyn was still trying to get his mind his own again. He had never been so directly influenced by an egg before and he eyed the red egg warily where it lay on the sands again, he was glad for Uridith's watching eye staying on it as well.

He stood up slowly, thinking he had cleared his mind enough to do this again. Glancing at Lestenna as she moved onto the sands, he turned his attention back towards the clutch. He could feel butterflies in his stomach all of a sudden as he moved forward, his eyes on the large gold egg that had others around it. He was nervous, this was the egg that had gotten upset because of what had happened with the devil egg and he was worried what might happen. He saw that his hand shook when he reached out to touch the shell, before he strengthened his mind and placed his hand upon the Empress Egg I doubt...anything I can say will make me seem...smart or help smooth over what happened....I apologize... He wondered if this was right, he didn't feel worthy enough to touch the egg right now.

ShinosBee
Quoting because he mentioned Lestenna

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feeling the displeasure, Dorianus removed his hand from the eggs shell. He stood there, thinking over what he had felt. Was the egg right? Yes you would either be prepared or not but, if you failed the first time it did not mean you would fail again. He had learned that over the years. He had to remind himself that these were babies, they would learn things as they grew. Moving away from the emperor egg Dorianus found his eyes locked upon the large dark blue egg. Mind still wondering over what the Emperor had said, Dorianus cleared his mind, or tried his best to and placed his hand upon the Sun Egg

I always wonder what to say..to start these conversations...I hope you are enjoying the day.  

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Fated Fable
Vice Captain

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:17 pm
NovaCracker

Magician Egg
It wanted to know of her dreams. Oh, it wanted to see the world! Right now, just now, it dreamed of the things its Mother and Father have shown it. It dreams of having a rider, just as Amila said. This egg liked to be hugged. It could feel how close she had gotten. Surely, when it was out there in the world it would find a way to make its dreams a reality.

demon_pachabel

High Priestess
There was a flicker from the High Priestess egg, for it appreciated the respect being shown it. But beyond that, it gave little inclination to answer. While it had its opinions, it was keeping them to itself for the moment. Waiting. Listening.

Nilah44

Empress Egg
It did not care for the way it was being treated. It was not a jealous egg, it was a worried egg. Hadn't anyone noticed how upset its sibling had become? No one had, it seemed, but that was not Rennati's fault. It wasn't its fault that it couldn't communicate what was going on, but what could it do?

Tsunake

Tower Egg
Goran can do anything, and he will. The Tower thought perhaps it could see a bit of Goran's future, and the future was bright... as bright as he made it. Take it with both hands, don't let someone decide what his limits might be. Only he could decide those. The egg waxed eloquent and passionate in its soapboxing, a whirl of determination flowing through it. It will be a valued asset, and it will climb until there is nothing left to climb. Come, Goran. Fight the power, become more.

Aukai Oceansoul

Wheel of Fortune
Oh yes! Oh yes, it was a pretty egg! Hadn't its mother and father made it so lovely? All of its siblings were surely beautiful, but the Wheel of Fortune was excited to see in person what its own shell might resemble. Has he heard about what happened? A sense of giggle rippled through the egg as it happily thrummed beneath his hand.

DruidTigress

Death Egg
Ened didn't have to stay too long, promised the Death Egg. Just a little longer. It wouldn't be alone forever, but right now it did like the attention. Its sibling was a naughty egg, but it loved it anyway. Why shouldn't it? It was so appreciative of Ened waiting. The egg sent her a little flare of affection and gratitude. Wasn't it funny? Oh, it was so funny-- everyone just didn't know why, just yet. And Death wouldn't tell, oh no.

Teiha

Empress Egg
Yes, thought the Empress. Yes, this was its due. Do it again! But alas, he was gone too quickly, and it barely got to let its thoughts flow to him before he moved on.

Magician Egg
Well, next time Lenix should keep his thoughts where they belonged. After all, not everyone was as magnanimous as the Magician. Others might have been deeply offended. And yes, it did have dreams. It couldn't tell Lenix why, but it had them. It could see the world through his eyes, after all, and the eyes of everyone else that had touched its egg.

DruidTigress

Empress Egg
At Cami's words, the Empress felt a bit comforted. That was what it wanted. It wanted things to move along, it wanted everyone to have a chance to be touched. It liked knowing that someone else seemed to understand. Cami had better move along, that its siblings could meet her. She was so very nice.

Magician Egg
Um, hello, the egg thought back. It let her see a bit of its flashiness, a bit of its genius. Just a bit. Just enough to, perhaps, be intrigued. One mustn't give away all one's secrets, mustn't one? After all, it had an entire world to face, sooner rather than later. Just watch, Cami. Just watch and see where the Magician would go!

BastetAmun

Empress Egg
For a long moment, the egg sat in shocked, stony silence. What was Caderyn doing, touching its egg? It wasn't the Devil, the egg seemed to say. Hadn't he another place he'd rather be? It was almost mulish for a moment, sulking deep within its egg, for sometimes an apology was too little too late. But, the Empress stated, it was not the one owed an apology. Huff, huff, huff. Maybe it would forgive him, if he promised to touch ALL of the other eggs. All of them.

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff