Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply Threadfall
[IC]Threadfall: High Reaches - OVER! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 136 137 138 139 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Uta rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:28 pm
Queen's Wing
Olliah of gold Fianth
HP: 42
Status Effect:
XP:
Target Accuracy: 8
Flame Length: 6
General Stamina: 9
General Agility: 6
Between Accuracy: 6
Pain Resilience: 6
Instinct: 6
Luck: 6

Olliah and Fianth had finally been given clearance to return to the Queen's Wing. Though she was paler than usual, though dark rings still sat beneath her gaze, the dark haired woman had been signed off by a healer to fight. She would not be leading the Wing, not this time, but she would take her place as Wingsecond. Fianth, though thinner than she once had been, had a happier, healthier glow about her that had been missing for some time. Being back in the Wing meant she was better able to resume her duties....

Even if there had been suggestions by healers to try to keep Olliah from over doing it.

So much for that. Still, rider and dragon were more than prepared to return to their rightful place.

Reaching out with a tender touch, Fianth sent a wave of pride, fondness, and affection for the large and grizzled Krahsujunth. My brave, bold, and fierce Krahsujunth, take my love with you into battle, so it might lend you strength against the strongest winds, and dampen the harshest pain. I would see no harm come to you this day, though I know our Enemy is fierce, and the outlook grim. Instead, I ask you to simply make it through, so I might see you upon my ledge once I have returned from battle. Fight well, Krahsujunth.

- - - - Threadfighting Post Here!

ShinosBee
Just a blip for Krah!

Round 1 // Day 1 Rolls:
demon_pachabel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:31 pm
HARBINGERS WING
E'mel of Blue Brieteth
HP: 24
Status Effect: --
XP: (+2 to all base stats) (+5 to distribute as I see fit)
Target Accuracy: +2
Flame Length: +2
General Stamina: +2 (+1 to apply at end of game!)
General Agility: +1
Between Accuracy: +3
Pain Resilience: +4
Instinct: +3
Luck: +2

When Uridith reached out with her calming wave of affection, Brieteth leaned mentally into it, basking in her warmth. I will do my best for my brothers and sisters, mother. he assured, though it was entirely assisted by the offered warmth of his rider. E'mel continued to bolster the blue as he lifted off, springing up into the air obediently. Oh, he was so happy to not have to worry too hard about all of this! At least, anything not in front of their faces.

The winds were unpleasant, and the blue let out a small rumble of unhappiness. Okay, buddy. Let's do it1 E'mel urge, yet the wind continued to push against them, causing Brieteth to rumble more displeasure underneath his rider's legs. Oh! Oh this was so much tougher than his larger wingmates were making it look! But he pushed through it to continue his weaving through the rest of the blues and greens.

There you go! See?  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:33 pm
Ignore this. Forgot to roll.  
SilverLutz rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:34 pm
TORNADO WING
Thella of Brown Lireloth
HP: 38
Status Effect: Fatigue 1/3
XP:
Target Accuracy: 6
General Stamina: 10
Instinct: 7

After settling back into formation, Thella began to check to make sure everything was still all set. Straps were tight, she was still well hooked into her saddle, firestone was-

Shards!

The satchel was completely empty. During their tumble it must have opened and tumbled out. Muttering to herself, Thella stood in the saddle and glanced around, looking for a Weyrling to flag down. She lifted a hand as a few flew passed, trying to draw their attention.

I Need Some Firestone!

2/5  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Prism Shine rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:37 pm
HARBINGERS WING
Sam’kel of Blue Kinitarth
HP: 23/23
Status Effect:
XP:
General Stamina: 6
General Agility: 9
Between Accuracy: 7
Instinct: 7

Kinitarth’s eyes roamed the bowl, flitting from color hide to color. It would be beautiful had it not been for the threat of threadfall utterly imminent. Yet his eyes started to track down his wingmates, noting with pride how they seem ready and waiting for the first wave signal. Yet a blue catches his eye, a familiar one.

I see Mnereth. It is an idle remark, though it doesn’t slip past how his rider perks up.

“K’lar and Mnereth were first wave with us, weren’t they?” Sam’kel scuttles a bit, peering out at the waves of wings. But it was harder to sort them all out on sight with every dragon so scattered around. He scrambles into his straps as he sees the marks starting to rise, securing himself as they ready. “Send them my warmth. We will be alright.” There’s a momentary pause. “And that K’lar should be calm.”

Mnereth, may our wings beat swiftly and flames burn hot. We will triumph this day. With Sam’kel set, Kinitarth launches himself into the air, moving into his position. Tonight shall be a victory. Sam’kel sends his warmth for you and K’lar. No nerves, only victory. There was a surge of warmth for Mnereth and all his wing members.

With the coordinates in mind, there was no time left. ”Time to go.” Sam’kel took a deep breath, he braced for the cold of Between. It still stung, the cold biting through layers of riding gear. Yet nothing could have prepared him for the howling wind as they reappeared. Time to fight!

---

The call to action is quick, as both Sam’kel and Kinitarth are quick to spot the incoming thread as it rains down. Firestone is passed quickly from hand to mouth, the chewing quick in urgency to sear thread and protect fellow riders. Three clumps falling quick as riders appear before them. The dragon's wings are quick to snap and turn, wheeling to bark in warning as fire erupts from his mouth to sear the clumps to mere ashes. Three short bursts with precision that startles a triumphant yell out of Sam’kel.

“Good job, Kini!” Sam’s hand slaps his dragon’s shoulder with excitement as Kinitarth bugles with glee, wheeling back into place. Certainly one way to start a fall!

Tsunake
Best of luck to K’lar and Mnereth~

Round 1, Day 1 Rolls
1. +3 Target Accuracy
Uta generated a random number between 1 and 3 ... 2!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:40 pm
Queen's Wing
Olliah of gold Fianth
HP: 42 - 7 // 35
Status Effect:
XP:
General Stamina: 9

Olliah had thought that it would be easy. She had thought that they would be safe. For the first few moments, everything was calm. She hard the roars of the dragons, saw the flash of fire, and dragons that blinked in and out of Between. She still felt Fianth's pride and adoration for a particular blue, felt that warmth of love that was...not entirely her own. An echo of of the sensation, but a love not for her. For once in her life, Olliah shared a piece of Fianth with another...

Krah had ultimately won her queen's heart.

An unusual thing, really, but Olliah would never deny her queen someone so good to her. She would never--

Pain. A scream. Some chunk had already fallen through, faster than either rider or dragon had realized. In a flash, they disappeared, only to reappear a few breaths later.

"My love!" Olliah gasped, glancing behind her to try to check out the oozing wound. "Oh Fianth, babygirl, I'm sorry. I didn't even see it!" The pain was intense on her hip, where the queen had taken the damage. Still, the gold did her best to shake off the pain.

It hurts, but we will fight on. It is nothing compared to what our Fighters are taking up there.

Round 1 // Day 1 Rolls:
1. 5 > 2 > -7 Damage

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

ShinosBee generated a random number between 1 and 15 ... 8!

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:41 pm
ASHLINGS WING
V'mel of Brown Aviroth
Round 1-1
Roll: 8 - There's a patch of Thread that has your name on it. You dive towards it, and aim to flame it down. Unfortunately, your dragon and you weren't paying any mind to the direction the wind was blowing! If brown, bronze, or gold you're not able to get out of the way. Not only do you hit the remains of Thread, but the burning ash, and char. Ouch! Moderate Damage: -7 HP Saved by NADRY!
HP: 40/40
Status Effect: N/A
XP: 000
General Stamina: 7
Pain Resilience: 7

V'mel swung his attention around to regard C'ryn as he and the bronze Aresoth drew near. They were both of them nearly full grown...if still with some filling out to do. Fine young men, the pride of High Reaches...hopefully. "You're flying wingsecond," He grunted, without pause or inflection. "Wingthird, really, but second if you can handle it." He flicked a look over the rest as they saddled up, knowing the moment was close. "You know what to do, and I expect you to do it." It would be the boy's first time with any sort of leadership under V'mel, but training for leadership was all part of the deal for bronzes, and some browns. The bronze had already shown signs of the right makeup. Wanting to watch over his siblings, knowing where and how they all were.

He was a bit soft, really, too tender-hearted, but it wasn't the worst handicap.

And then they were up, up, and away. Marshaling the troops was every a tricky thing, and splitting attention between your troops, the fight, and a new, untried leader had ever been...problematic. Thankfully a voice called out, from another rather more focused brown. Aviroth's jaws opened wide to blast the huge clump that had somehow made it down to their level, singing it to nothing with just a moment to spare.

Thank you, Menankith. And Mine thanks yours as well, for your careful eye. It was a rather calm acknowledgement, from a dragon that had nearly been scored, but Aviroth and V"mel had been at this a long, long time. It'd take more than that to rattle them.

BastetAmun
@C'ryn/Aresoth
Meepfur
@Nadry/Menan

demon_pachabel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:42 pm
TORNADO WING
G'lin of Green Neiveth
HP: 17/19
XP: (+2 to base) (+5 to distribute as I see fit)
Target Accuracy: +3
Flame Length: +2
General Stamina: +2
General Agility: +3
Between Accuracy: +2
Pain Resilience: +2 (+1 to apply at end of game)
Instinct: +4
Luck: +3

Oh, the time for flirting was coming to an end! Takarath had caught them, and now it was time to go up anyways. Neiveth let out a small burble of disappointment as she leaned down for her rider to climb into his straps. Once he was settled, she gave another testing shake to make sure he was secure before she was up in the air.

It's windy, dear! Hold on tight!

She eagerly flamed, and G'lin took comfort in her initiative - though there were a few handsome wingmates to check in on. Neiveth looked back and away too soon, however, as hot thread-ash blew back onto her face, causing the green to hiss with pain and roll to shake it off before resuming her task. Are you alright? G'lin asked. Neiveth thrummed mentally at him to inform him of her disdain.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Shaddaling rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:43 pm
Tsunami Wing!
Shyn'ar of Blue Gwyllinth
HP:23 -5=18
Status Effect: If applicable.
XP:+6 xp to all), +5 to distribute
General Agility: 6 +3 =9
Between Accuracy: 6+2 =8

Will be flying in the first wave
Mid alt

'Doing well, Gwyl,'Shyn'ar called, thread burning around them steadily. The winds were working against them, Gwyllinth was not a large blue and he had to fight to keep steady. 'Left!' He called too late and duck his chin down, as a cloud of ash battered them.

Gwyllinth responded hissing in displeasure as the wind pushed them into the cloud of ash. Now he was gross and burnt and it stung but wasn't terrible. He flapped his wings, keeping himself steady.

Roll 1
-Moderate Damage -5HP but gain +2 Pain Resistance.  
faesinger rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:43 pm
TRESPASSERS WING
Ahlalei of Brown Kalikath
HP: 41
Status Effect: None
XP:
Target Accuracy: +6
Flame Length: +7
General Stamina: +6
General Agility: +7
Between Accuracy: +6
Pain Resilience: +7 (+1 XP)
Instinct: +7
Luck: +7

Ahlalei and Kalikath flew out into the air to meet the Thread as it fell when directed to by the leaders. Today was not the day to question the sanity of what they were doing. That could wait for the time of healing once this was over.

The first hit of Thread caught Kalikath around the back left leg as he turned to flame another clump. The wind was picking up and this was getting difficult quickly. Still this first hit wasn't too bad. A quick pop between and there was only slight pain remaining.

Roll 1: 11. A clump of Thread catches you on your leg. You quickly hop Between, easing the sting of the burn. It hurts, but you're going to fight through the pain. Healers can wait. +1 Pain Resilience  

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

SilverLutz rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:50 pm
BURNING ACES WING
M'aze of Bronze Zeath
HP: 37
XP:
Target Accuracy: 9

"Onward and upward, my dear," M'aze said as the call to rise came. Zeath gave a warbly trumpet of delight before lifting off and jumping Between with the rest of the Wings.

Arrival on the scene was chaotic. It was windy and cold even at their lower altitude and M'aze was glad he had his furs on. Hunkering down over Zeath's neck, he saw others struggling to maintain their position and could feel and hear the tension in his dragon's wings as if he had a pair of his own.

All right, my dear? he asked to which a delighted laugh reverberated in his head.

Of course! Ready to fight some Thread.

M'aze gave a chuckle and stroked his dragon's neck fondly before tilting his gaze to the sky.

1/5  
Shaddaling rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:53 pm
Burning Aces!
Aly'on of Brown Ihiannsith
HP:37
Status Effect: If applicable.
XP:Base Stat: +6 to everything; +5 to distribute)
Target Accuracy:6
General Stamina:6
Instinct: 6+3 = 9
Luck: 6+2 =8

low alt

Ihiannsith and Aly'on blinked from between and just right in the perfect spot to destroy the burning thread. Aly'on relaxed a bit as they found their groove. Okay, this was going to be fine.

Ihiannsith rumbled easily burning the sliver of thread watching it crumble into fine ash. he soothed.

Roll 1 You appear from Between only to find yourself in the perfect spot to catch a sliver of Thread. You successfully flame it down easily. [+1 Target Accuracy]  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Meepfur rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:53 pm
Tsunami Wing
Herg'r of Bronze Hyglath
HP: 44-8=36
XP: (+6 base; +5 to distribute)
General Stamina:  8
Luck: 7

"That's the trouble with kids, eh? All that energy and ambition! They might show us all up if we're not careful!" Ah, but it looked like the time for chatter was over, and asmuch as he enjoyed such chatter, he was even more eager to get into the air and do some fighting. "We'll see you in the air, and back here when it's all donefate willing!" Or not, either was entirely fine by him, but he knew not everyone shared those sentiments. Herg'r clapped M'ner on the shoulder again before he moved back to his dragon and mounted up.

Ready, Hyg? he asked even though he knew the answer, thumping the bronze's neck.

Ready, Mine! The bulky male bugled as he took his running start and shoved himself into the air, his eyes holding a solid blue. To glory, Cordrath!

...actually, pretty much immediately to Thread. Fate, apparently, was not so willing today as Hyglath would have preferred, and they had the rotten luck to appear directly in a sheet of Thread. Do not pass Go, do not flame anything, just- Thread. It tangled itself around his left hind leg and sent him bellowing between.

demon_pachabel

demon_pachabel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:54 pm
HURRICANE WING
W'dre of Bronze Dormith
HP:46
XP: (+6 to base) (+5 to distribute as I see fit)
Target Accuracy: +6
Flame Length: +6 (+1 to apply at the end of the game)
General Stamina: +9
General Agility: +6
Between Accuracy: +6
Pain Resilience: +7
Instinct: +6
Luck: +7

Up!

Dormith didn't need much prompting to hurl himself skyward, rumbling as they appeared in the open sky with the rest of their wing, rumbling unhappily as he leaned into the winds blowing about. The wind was blowing thread all about, and he noticed a clump drawing too close to one of his Wingmates.

Irath! Behind you! the bronze warned, belching flame at the clump as he made his first sweep by. There was no reason for him to let a companion get hit too early!

Shaddaling
Dormith save! Undo your damage! biggrin

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Meepfur rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:55 pm
((D4 for Herg'r and Hyglath above!))  
Threadfall

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 136 137 138 139 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games