7,250 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Master Converter 500
  • Astral Veteran 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:38 pm
User Image

π’žπ’Άπ“‰π’½π‘’π“‡π’Ύπ“ƒπ‘’ πΈπ“ƒπ“π‘œ
⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍

The Canine girl glance up at yet another familiar voice... Ven. She barely stopped herself from going to move away from him, the instincts that were drilled into her head certainly did make being around the adoptive father difficult. Nevertheless she tried to get over it. Resting on the ground she watched groggily as first Jace attempted to shift, revealing only the scaley asthetics of his form, though not taking the shape. Then Thanya revealed her unique transformation. Rin stared for a time...

When the class was over she reluctantly rose to her feet and started to walk. Starting today she was moving into the Dorm... Though Catherine hadn't paid attention to the letter in regards to her roommate. Maybe they wont be too noisy..?

~ Catherine left for Day Flip ~

⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎

User Image

OoC: Short post

Mood: Tired
Company: Gin
Wearing: [Husky Fur]
Form: Husky

Tala Maxwell

The_littlest_dragonfly

Ghost254

Kowsauni

Oyehh

Chelly Usagi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:29 am
THANYA KAMSING
The Bearcat

User Image

How Thanya immediately felt about Jace's inability to shift was hard to say when she was in Binturong form. But once she returned to human for the curious yet sympathetic look she kept glancing over to him showed she was concerned. Alas, she did not get a chance to to talk him during the rest of the class and he left with such hurry there was no chance to speak at that time either. Still, Thanya thoroughly enjoyed her first day of class and those things called cookies were delicious. Once class was over Thanya said goodbye to her teachers and headed to the library to read more about baking goods, a subject that was alien to her tribe.

[Thanya exits for the day to the Library]

Kowsauni

The_littlest_dragonfly
Vice Captain

Beloved Guildswoman

10,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:24 pm
User Image
╔═══════════════════

[ - Begin Interaction for New RP Day - ]

Gin was not a happy camper. Not. At. All. After his fight with Gia, he’d gone for a very long run along the edge of the woods – he hadnt ventured in because he wasn’t that stupid and he knew that Ven, Gia and Rin would literally kill him if he did something stupid like get kidnapped. Thus, he’d kept to the edge where he could easily escape from an attack or run if he spotted an enemy. In any case, he’d run so much that he’d exhausted himself, much like he’d done during the days when he’d needed to push himself to the brink just to sleep without the visions. After his run, he’d wandered home and snuck into his room through the window, mainly so he didn’t have to face Ven or Gianna. Gin had wanted to sleep at the Academy, but Rin would have thrown a fit if he’d disappeared on her, so he’d sucked it up and gone home.

If there was one thing that he absolutely hated, it was fighting with Gianna. She meant the world to him and having her mad at him? Well, it was a big deal. Thus, when he awoke the following morning, his day off, he’d opted to stay in bed. He’d eventually ventured out his window to go get something to eat – he hadn’t wanted to go down into the kitchen, nope, that was Gia’s domain. He’d spent the day mostly thinking and sulking and being his old grumpy self.

By the morning of the second day, he knew that he needed to talk to Gianna, but unfortunately, with classes, that would have to wait until after. Arising extra early, Gin coaxed Rin onto his back and snuck out of the house via the front door and headed to the Academy. Along the way, he stopped to pick up some fruit and a few pastries for them to share for breakfast. By the time the pair arrived at the Academy, the sun was up, and the sky was turning from shades of yellow, orange and pink, into a bright blue.

Stepping into the classroom, Gin wasn’t surprised to see that they were the first ones to arrive, classes wouldn’t begin for at least half an hour. Setting Rin down in a chair, he took the one beside her and offered her and apple and a pastry. She was still half awake but he knew she’d take the food anyway. Biting into his own apple, he huffed a bit. The Gods only knew what Gianna had told Ven about the fight…he really wasn’t looking forward to the β€˜father-son’ talk they were more than likely going to have after class…

═══════════════════╝

Wolf Shifter & Reluctant Oracle || Gin Kuroko

Voice of Aegis

Trashpuppy

Chelly Usagi

Tala Maxwell

Ghost254

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Gin Kuroko - [x]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:31 pm
User Image
User Image
✘ Profile
β–„ β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„ β–„

-The day Prior-
The rest of his time with Ishitari was short as she promptly led him to the shop he was seeking. They had parted on friendly terms as best as he could tell, and he had his letters delivered. The rest of his day was spent returning the academy and exploring the more scenic areas of it as a thought rested in his mind. 'Many individuals have pets...Should I? And if so what should I get.' He had debated to himself. Dogs were far too messy, most birds were too loud. A cat was a potential but they were un-tameable from what he had learned. He really wasn't sure what would be an ideal pet. Their nature wasn't the only issue he faced in determining which to use. Whatever pet he chose would, indirectly, represent his family to a degree. He would have to get one worthy enough of them if he chose one, but currently he did not know which to get. He had retired after this to his bed, mentally dreaming of the possibilities of what would work.

-Current Day-
Jace would arise a little later than intended. He liked to rise early but after the events and thoughts he had from yesterday he had accidentally overslept. Eko had already left for the day by the time he rose from his bed, a shame, but he would see him again in time. He would go about getting himself ready and presentable, taking his time as he was no longer in as much of a rush. One benefit to always waking up early is that when you awoke late, you would not be late. And since he couldn't be an hour early, he figured half an hour or so would be fine. Once he was certain he was presentable, and dined on a small meal to sate his hunger till later, he left the room and headed to class.

He calmly reached his class not long after he set out and entered the door, less hesitant than last time. From what Gin had told him of his own troubles shifting in the past, Jace felt a bit better about his own troubles with it. He still didn't want to be associated as a shifter, but he felt less bad about being an inadequate one. So, with speed and a bit more confidence, he opened the door and quickly entered the room. Immediately he found himself to not be alone, as Gin and Rin were both sitting beside one another eating breakfast. He would give a polite bow to them both. "A pleasant morning to you both." He would simply say in a neutral tone. He would then continue walking to the very front of the class and took the same seat he had taken last time. He sat up straight in his seat as he let his mind wander again, wondering what type of animal would be good. Thinking on it, as currently there were not many others here...he considered enlisting there help. 'They are shifters, and one is comfortable in their animal form...Perhaps they know something of it.' As he mulled it over, he knew at the least he would need to find somewhere the animals were sold to a degree as he did not know what he could find if he set out for one. Not to mention the forest was off limits regardless. He would turn in his seat a little to regard the two as he spoke. "Would any of you happen to know a reputable store that sold animals? I find my knowledge on the subject...lacking, and I seek to alleviate that as there are a few individuals who desire such information." Jace would ask in a calm yet curious tone of voice, not ashamed to lack knowledge in the area. It was also a carefully neutral screen he had placed so that others would not know of the true intention. While it was only a minor inquiry, and would bring no shame to him, old habits die hard as he found himself covering his tracks but saying it was others who desired such things. He didn't know if they would find it insulting to be asked such a thing, and if he didn't get an animal for himself he didn't want their information to seem wasted. To help with his altered question, he mentioned a genuine fact oh his past and was sicnere in his thanks. "I admittedly know very little about animals in general, having not grown up with much at all. Any help at all that could be provided would be appreciated, and I thank you even if you do not have any answers."

β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„ β–„

OOC: accidentally had too many quotes from last time x.x knew I was forgetting something

The_littlest_dragonfly

Voice of Aegis

Ghost254

Dangerous Lunatic

7,500 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150

Kowsauni

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 9:00 pm
THANYA KAMSING
The Bearcat

User Image

Thanya bursts into the classroom with her usual amount of energy. After secluding herself to her favorite reading nook to study books on magic for an entire day, she was ready for some human interaction...well mostly human interaction. She would smile and wave at Jace before taking her seat in the desk beside him. Having just entered the room she had missed his earlier question about pets. She looked as if she wanted to speak to him about something but for the moment she stayed silent.

Seeing Gin and Rin had already arrived as well she would cheerily greet them. "Good morning! Will you be teaching class today Mr. Gin or will it be Mr. Ven. I really excited to see what we will learn about today!"

Voice of Aegis

Ghost254

The_littlest_dragonfly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:16 pm
User Image

π’žπ’Άπ“‰π’½π‘’π“‡π’Ύπ“ƒπ‘’ πΈπ“ƒπ“π‘œ
⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍

~ Rin entered on new day ~

It was sort of obvious that she was wearing herself out mentally, trying to hold her composure around fellow classmates. Again this morning she was like a floppy fish whenever one tried to move her, needing some coaxing from her brother before she'd finally get moving. What Rin did not understand however was how her brother had seemed to want to avoid Gia or Ven... Why? Something in her gut told her to avoid poking her nose into it... If that gut feeling was right, she'll likely make it worse by trying to understand. For now, she merely clung to Gin's back tighter than normal, trying to subtly hint that she's there for him.

Grogginess certainly seemed to kick in. When her eyes opened they were just entering the classroom. She sulked a bit while Gin placed her into the chair. "Gee... I'm not THAT little anymore..." She muttered. The slight mood drifted away quick when she smelled the food her brother gave her. An apple, along with a pastry. The first thing catching her interest more so as she'd practically flap her ears for a while. She'd munch silently on the apple and occasionally pick at the pastry and only stopped when her ears picked up some voices entering the room. But being half-asleep and hungry... She didn't pay much attention to what was said.

⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎⚍⚎

User Image

OoC:

Mood: Groggy
Company: Gin, Thanya, Jace
Wearing: [Her Usual]
Form: Human

The_littlest_dragonfly

Kowsauni

Ghost254

Voice of Aegis

Interstellar Gekko

7,250 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Master Converter 500
  • Astral Veteran 100

The_littlest_dragonfly
Vice Captain

Beloved Guildswoman

10,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:55 pm
User Image
╔═══════════════════

Surprisingly, Jace was the first to arrive. Given the male’s disappointment last class, Gin had suspected that he’d try to maybe skip a class or two, but he was glad to see that he’d thought wrong. β€œβ€™Morning…” He said with a little nod of acknowledgement. Despite the fact that he was glad to see Jace in class, Gin was still grumpy from his fight and the silent treatment with Gia.

After a short time, Jace spoke up again, this time with a very odd question. Arching a brow, Gin blinked a few times in bewilderment, his ears tipping back and to the sides several times as he tried to fathom why a shifter would want a pet. Gin looked toward Rin, who seemed very groggy and anti-social today, but it hardly mattered, she didn’t know the city very well yet so she couldn’t offer the answer Jace was looking for.

Looking back toward the reptilian shifter, Gin frowned a little. β€œWell…if you’re just looking for general knowledge, I’d suggest the Library instead of a shop that sells animals.” Gin said with a little nod. β€œTruth be told, I’ve never heard of a shifter owning a pet…It’d be kinda weird, you know? Kinda like β€˜animals owning animals’?” Gin said with a small shrug.

β€œBut if you really wanna go to one of those shops, I can take you…they creep me out, make me uncomfortable to be honest, but I’ll take you if you want to see it for yourself.” Just seeing all those animals in cages made him want to set them all free. It wasn’t right…animals were meant to be free.

Before Gin could say anything else regarding the subject, Thanya came into the classroom in her own enthusiastic way. Turning to look at her, he gave her a nod of greeting. β€œGood Morning, Thanya. I’m not sure…I’ll get class started anyway. If Professor Acckerman wants to take over after, then it won’t be a problem.” He said with a small sigh as he popped the last of his pastry into his mouth and arose from his seat.

"Alright…today, I want to talk about shifting in it’s various forms.” Gina said as he approached the desk at the front of the class. Leaning back against it, he crossed his arms over his chest. β€œFor some shifters, shifting entirely into their full animal form, is easy.” Gin said, looking toward Thanya and Rin, β€œFor others, shifting just a portion of themselves is easier. In any case, control is the key.” Gin explained, looking toward Jace.

β€œMastering all attributes of shifting takes years of practice. Admittedly, even I still have trouble sometimes.” That being said, Gin held up one of his hands. Narrowing his gaze at his fingers, he slowly but surely morphed his hand into a reptilian-like claw, complete with scales and long, sharp nails. But the effect only lasted about ten seconds before his hand morphed back into it's normal form.

β€œToday, I want each of you to focus on shifting in a way that is challenging for you. Whether it’s the process of shifting fully, or partially, or maybe even into a different type of animal aside from your β€˜base’ form. If you have any questions, let me know.”

═══════════════════╝

Voice of Aegis

Trashpuppy

Chelly Usagi

Tala Maxwell

Ghost254

Oyehh

Gin Kuroko - [x]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:42 pm
User Image
User Image
✘ Profile
β–„ β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„ β–„

Jace noticed Gin frown to his question, wondering perhaps if it was perhaps an offensive question to ask or if it were a frown of concentration. Such things could, at times, be hard to determine. 'Especially when I still know so little about him.' Jace added as he thought to himself. Knowing the motive of people made the assumptions of facial expressions and conversation hints all the more reliable. Still, he would merely have to see how the response was. As Gin spoke, saying for general knowledge he could visit the library, Jace kept that in mind. It may prove useful in the future to learn more about whatever animal he happened to choose, but it currently was not his desired answer. He did add an interesting comment on how he knew no shifter who had a pet, making the comparison of an animal holding an animal. Though Jace kept his own expression carefully neutral, he could not stop his tongue from flickering out momentarily to the comment. 'I am nothing like an animal. Even if my abilities are limited only to such things, I am no animal.' He thought to himself, slightly angry at the remark. He had no right to be, it was not meant in ill will...but even then, Jace had learned to suppress his powers in the past to hide the shame of it. That was not something that would easily go away. He mentally forced himself to calm down, Gins words of offering to be a guide helping a little. Forcing himself to dismiss the comment for now to achieve his goal, as was such a common thing at home to hide ones true thought, he would smile politely to him. "Thank you for the offer. If it really bothers you, simple instructions would suffice. Though I myself would not be opposed to the company." Jace would say in his carefully taught polite voice, not able to add much more emotion to it as he tried to erase the comment earlier from his mind. 'I can always take Eko or Miss Kamsing perhaps. Their presence may lighten my mood.' He thought to himself.

It was then that Miss Kamsing would enter the room, a welcome relief for Jace as usual. She waved to Jace, gave a friendly smile and sat besides him. Feeling his more negative thoughts fleeing a bit, he would smile and politely bow his head a little towards her. Before he would engage her in some conversation, he noticed it seemed as if she wanted to speak to him. A not so subtle tell in her case, and he wondered as to the purpose of it. 'She surely did not hear my question...so what is it she desires to talk about?' Jace pondered to himself. A bit too long perhaps, as her cheery and enthusiastic nature caused her to engage Gin again and kick start the lesson as is usual. While he dreaded the class itself last time, he felt less bad about it currently. As Gin assumed the role of teacher again, which seemed strange to Jace that the actual professor would be late the second class in a row, he would explain how todays lesson was about mastering all aspects of shifting. He mentioned how some, such as Miss Kamsing and his sister were good at full shifts while he specifically looked towards Jace when mentioning partial shifts. Which, though singled out for that reason, did not entirely feel that bad when put in the way he did. It almost seemed as if he were implying Jcae was uniquely good at something others were not . He then did something Jace did not realize was an option. He mentioned shifting into other animals, and he himself grew a scaly claw for a few moments before it disappeared. Jace blinked, staring for a moment at the spot where his hand had been reptilian, before he quickly focused his attention back on Gin himself. 'I can barely shift as a snake, and now apparently my abilities let me shift into other things as well?' He pondered to himself. It was then that he would mention trying to shift in a way that was challenging to them. He could not take the easy way out of a partial shift, he knew that much. He had yet to fully shift but...he would be even more lost on trying to shift into something else. 'Nothing for it but to try and regain my pride.' He reasoned to himself. As he began to try and focus on shifting, though he asked one thing before he did. "What would someone need to do in order to shift into another form?" He said, honestly curious even as his attention was becoming more and more focused to trying to fully shift.

β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„β–„ β–„

OOC:

The_littlest_dragonfly

Voice of Aegis

Kowsauni

Ghost254

Dangerous Lunatic

7,500 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150

Kowsauni

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:49 pm
THANYA KAMSING
The Bearcat

User Image

Thanya listened to Gin's lesson plan for the day. His emphasis on the word control reminded him what Q'ara had said to her during her tryout for spell casting. It was definitely something she had room for improvement on. She recalled how she had focused her shifting energy to make the light in her hand appear. That was one of the hardest things she had ever done. By working on improving her control in shifting though, she would also be working on improving her ability to cast spells as well.

Pleased with this thought Thanya would focused her energy and transformed her hands into the clawed versions of her animal counterpart. It was a common thing for her to do to help her climb trees. However, whenever she did this for longer than an hour she would get a terrible headache. Now she figured was a good time to focus on improving on her time.

While focused on maintaining her shifted hands, she heard Jace ask about shifting into another creature. Gin had mentioned it earlier but she hadn't given it much thought until Jace brought the subject up again. She had never thought about shifting into anything other then a Binturong before, though she had read it was possible. The idea to her seemed like trying on someone else's cloths that just wouldn't fit right. Still, she was interested to hear Gin's response. Thanya didn't have the slightest clue to how to begin doing something like that.

Voice of Aegis

Ghost254

The_littlest_dragonfly

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:11 pm
User Image
╔═══════════════════

Truth be told, shifting into other animals was hard. Everyone had a β€˜base form’ that was fairly easy to change into, once you got the hang of it, but other animals were tricky, mainly because shifting into their forms wasn’t instinctive.

β€œShifting into other forms, aside from your base animal form, is probably one of the hardest things you will do while trying to master your raiment.” Gin stated with a little nod as he crossed his arms over his chest. β€œFor most shifters, transforming into their base form is fairly instinctive. Unlike other raiments, shifters are born knowing their powers and can begin to shift at very young ages.” In Jace’s case, this wasn’t true. For whatever reason, he had trouble finding his base form…

β€œEssentially, all shifters can develop the ability to take other animal forms, once they master their own form. Taking other shifted forms is challenging and many find that those forms are weaker than their β€˜base form’, but it is possible to shift into other animals with practice.” He said with a little nod.

β€œNow, let me see what you can do.” That being said, Gin sat back to watch the students begin the lesson for the day. Truth be told, he was most interested to see the progress Jace made with his raiment. He was curious as to why the shifter couldn’t fully transform. What was preventing him from connecting to his base form? It didn’t make any sense…

═══════════════════╝

Voice of Aegis

Trashpuppy

Chelly Usagi

'Kowsauni'

'Ghost254'

Gin Kuroko - [x]

The_littlest_dragonfly
Vice Captain

Beloved Guildswoman

10,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200

Ghost254

Dangerous Lunatic

7,500 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:47 am
User Image
User Image
✘ Profile

Jace listened to Gin's explanation of shifting in other forms with as much attention as he could spare. The rest was focused on trying to finally and hopefully fully shift. Had he more time, and thinking space, he would've perhaps pondered why they were supposed to have intrinsic forms and if maybe it would have been easier for him to do so than others for lack of shifting into a base form. But time was not something he had. Slowly, yet surely, scales again began to appear on his body. As the minutes ticked on with Jace in silent concentration, he tried to figure out how to do this. How to just shift as it was so natural for everyone else yet so foreign to him. He began thinking if maybe there was a way to make it easier, maybe divide it in steps. 'Can I even do that?' He thought to himself. Maybe if he focused on specific parts he could build his way up.

He began to think of all the simple transformation he used to experiment with when he was young despite it being long ago. His breathing quickened slightly and his forked tongue began to appear a little more frequently as he thought of that and was less focused on keeping his composure than in trying to shift. He remembered the senses he used to get...How did he do it...It helped him keep tabs on his parents and guests. Let him know where it was safe to hide and where all the candy was stashed too..Slowly, he could feel the senses returning. His tongue flickered out a little more as he began to be able to taste things in the air. He could pick up things he had not noticed before, and as he looked to follow them he saw they led to the other individuals...though they didn't look the same. No...They glowed a strange color that fluctuated at different areas. His eyes blinked, and unbeknownst to him, more scales were appearing on his face. He had much more than the last time he tried. Still, he remained focus, trying to think of what else. 'If I can master the head, maybe I can master the rest.' He thought to himself. However, he did not realize something. When his attention got distracted by the new lights...he lost his focus on furthering his shifts. Trying to get back to it felt like he was throwing himself against a brick wall. With a concentrated effort, more scales appearing briefly, he let out a long yet tired breath and sunk into his seat, panting. His scales slowly fading away as well as the colors he saw. "I am afraid...that may be all I can do for now. I can't even keep the little I have...It is fading." Jace would say, not in the formal and rigid politeness as usual but with genuine exhaustion in his voice and slight disappointment. "My apologies, it seems I need more practice." He would end, taking the time to recover as he would watch the others.

OOC:

The_littlest_dragonfly

Voice of Aegis

Kowsauni

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:24 pm
THANYA KAMSING
The Bearcat

User Image

While focusing on maintaining her shifted claws she watched Jace practice his own shifting out of the corner of her eyes. He seemed to make more progress then last time, in which Thanya would congratulate him. "Wow Jace, I think you are getting better, and only after one day of class. I'm sure you will be able to shift into full animal form in no time!"

Thanya herself would concentrate on maintaining her shifted hands until the end of class by which point she would begin to get a bit of a headache. Fully shifting had always come natural to her. It was the shifting of just parts of her body that required work. Gin had said peoples' shifting abilities varied greatly from person to person. She wondered what other difficulties shifters faced with their Raiment that she had never even encountered before. While pondering this and what Gin had said about shifting into other forms, Thanya had an epiphany.

With her large orange-brown eyes sparking with excitement she would turn to Jace. "Hey Jace! Why don't I practice trying to shift into a snake with you! I don't even know were to begin trying to attempt a different animal form but it would be a great challenge and a good way to practice my control and technique. This way we can learn from each other and no matter how challenging it is for you I bet it would be even more challenging for me!" Thanya would then quickly add in. "But, uh, not for today's class... I'm pretty tuckered out from shifting my hands into claws."

Thanya would look excitedly at Jace waiting for a reply. "So...what do you think?"

Voice of Aegis

Ghost254

The_littlest_dragonfly

Kowsauni

The_littlest_dragonfly
Vice Captain

Beloved Guildswoman

10,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:30 pm
User Image
╔═══════════════════

Gin kept a close eye on Rin, who seemed a bit out of sorts, Thanya, who was eager to try to shift her hands into claws, and Jace who was concentrating on his full shift. Overall, everyone was doing great, but Jace was excelling. Although he might not be able to fully transform, after only one class he had shown a lot of progress. Therefore, when the boy apologized for his efforts, Gin was quick to shake his head and hold up a hand to stop him from saying anything else.

β€œDon’t apologize, Jace. Thanya is right – you have made a lot of progress.” The fact that the boy was able to accomplish so much in such a short amount of time was a feat and of itself. β€œYou need to keep one thing in mind, Jace. All shifters are different, and I’m not talking about the different types of animals we all are.” He said firmly, but clearly as Ven might if he were there.

β€œIt is entirely possible that it could be easier for you to master shifting parts of your body before learning to shift all of your body at once. What may come as easy for one shifter may be a big challenge for another. All we need to do is find out the best way to teach you and guide you towards mastering your ability.” He said with a small, friendly smile.

Turning his attention back to Thanya, he gave her a crooked, amused smile. β€œThat may not be a bad idea, Thanya…helping one another like that would certainly help and it would be a challenge as well.” Looking toward Rin, he huffed a bit. For whatever reason his sister wasn’t in a very social mood today, although he couldn’t really blame her.

β€œWe’ll practice more next class…you both did very well.” He said with a friendly look. β€œKeep at it in your free time, if you can, but don’t push yourselves too hard, I don’t want Merek to come and scold me…” That was the last thing he needed – more faculty upset with him. β€œI’ll see you both next time.” That being said, class was dismissed and Gin was again left to deal with his personal problems…

[ - End Interaction for RP Day - ]

═══════════════════╝

Voice of Aegis

Trashpuppy

Chelly Usagi

ghost254

Kowsauni

oyehh
'

Gin Kuroko - [x]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:05 pm
User Image
User Image
✘ Profile

Jace was surprised to hear praise both from Miss Kamsing and Gin, so much so he was confused for a second. 'Why are they praising me when I failed to fully shift?' He questioned to himself. He wasn't aware of how many more scales had appeared on him, so focused that he hadn't even felt them taking shape or when they disappeared. He knew he had managed to shift a specific part he had not used in a long time, but he didn't even understand what that had done for him. He was in control of it for too short a time, and memory of the past only brought up vague images of similar colors on other people. It had been so long that even if he had known what it did then, he did not now. He would need to try and maintain that one for longer if he wanted to understand it. But that was hardly a visible thing, so he believed, and failing to accomplish his goal a part of him thought it was just false praise. 'Perhaps it was for my effort, I do feel exhausted.' He reasoned to himself. Praise here seemed much easier to come by than in his home. To his parents, this would merely be viewed as failure and he would be dealt with appropriately for it. It just felt so...strange now, that he was being encouraged nicely rather than strictly. He wasn't sure how he felt about it, but it didn't feel like a bad thing. He managed a smile to both Gin and Miss Kamsing, inclining his head slightly before speaking in a more casual tone for once. "Thank you, I appreciate the praise." He was sincere in his thanks, even if emotionally he was unsure how to take it, it was a mercy anyway he saw it. Whether the sincerity could be picked up from his own carefully picked tone of voice when he was not as drained as now, he did not know nor particularly care if it would expose when he wasn't. He assumed it was close enough to be the same, but in this state he could be wrong.

Jace nodded at the input Gin gave him. It seemed they both had arrived to the same conclusion as one another, that a step-wise process would be the more efficient way in him learning to shift.His assumption, thankfully, seemed to be a line of reasoning not uniquely his own and thus had merit to still be experimented with. Then, another surprising line of dialogue reached his ears. Jace blinked a few times, his eyes looking slightly more reptilian than normal briefly as he was trying to process what just happened as his gaze remained on Thanya. 'She desires to practice with me...not only for her benefit in shifting into another form, but so that I may not feel as self conscience of my own troubles?' Jace thought to himself, repeating it in his mind like it was a foreign language he was trying to decrypt piece by piece. The offer, though benefiting Thanya, was more of a benefit to him both in terms of his practice and so that he could retain a level of dignity about this. If he wasn't so shocked at the selflessness and compassionate consideration in the offer he may have noticed that he had stopped calling her Miss Kamsing in his head and was now calling her by her first name, a lack of formality that was not typical with him. As Gin piped in and said it would be a good idea as well, with Thanya looking expectantly at him, so Jace responded after a brief moment of consideration. "I thank you for the generous offer Thanya, and I accept. I promise to aid you as much as I am able next time." He would end in a smile again, only this time noticing he called her Thanya. 'When did I get so familiar with her?' He questioned himself. He had been seeing her fairly often, but he was used to maintaining his polite distance from others. It was a mask he wore well and often, natural even, yet she passed through it in so few encounters. It may have just been his exhaustion, or her kind nature, but he was not entirely sure. He also was unsure on how he felt about it. It was then he also remembered something else, a thought almost lost after the events of the class. Gin had already announced the end of class and was preparing to leave as Jace was himself. Jace spoke in a far quieter and softer voice than usual, for once desiring only Thanya to hear. "If you desire to discuss this further or anything else with me, feel free to do so. Not today, as we are both exhausted, but on my free day I would be more than happy to. I have business that requires me to travel a little anyway, so your company would be a welcome addition. Until next we meet, Miss Kamsing. I hope the rest of your day goes fairly." Jace would say, both inviting her if she desired to join him and making his goodbye as he would exit soon after, staying long enough to hear her response if any before exiting.
-End of day post-

OOC: No lie, Jace subconsciously started calling Miss Kamsing Thanya and both he and I noticed near the same time it happened. Was not planning that.

The_littlest_dragonfly

Voice of Aegis

Kowsauni

Ghost254

Dangerous Lunatic

7,500 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Contributor 150

Kowsauni

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:12 pm
THANYA KAMSING
The Bearcat

User Image

Thanya would smile ear to ear upon hearing Jace use her first name. "Alright then. I'll look forward to it!" His next comment in hushed tones seemed to catch her a little off guard, as if she was not exactly sure what he meant by it, but she would quickly respond. "Ok Jace, that sounds like fun. It would be nice to get away from the academy for bit."

Thanya would prepare to leave class for the day with an extra spring in her step. She would bound out the door much how she came in know doubt to take one of her lengthy afternoon naps back in her dorm room.

[Thanya exits back to her dorm room for the end of RP Day]

Voice of Aegis

Ghost254

The_littlest_dragonfly

Grand Academy of Eoana ➣Classrooms

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items