Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[ORP] A Springtime Surprise! [Hatching!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:54 pm
Raelin (High Reaches)

Oddly, the hectic nature of the clutching made her calmer. Busy bodies and shouts and work to be done. Standing there with the other candidates, feet curled into sandals to avoid being burned by the intense sand--it made Raelin antsy. Like she was derelict of some duty not yet assigned to her.

What she really wanted to know was, how did those eggs turn out like that...? No, best not question it. She had been through several hatchings already and didn't want to risk upsetting her chances even more.

She shifted from foot to foot nonetheless, arms crossed as she eyed the eggs for signs of movement.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:17 pm
Midais - Western Candidate

The loopy grinned remained plastered on the redhead’s face as he gave a nod. “Yea, though I lived in between the weyrs growing up so I've met a few people from High Reaches a little cooler than here at the moment. I'm Midais by the way.” He would have offered a hand to shake but he was pretty sure the other candidate didn't want to have to deal with his puddles of sweat.

“So if you don’t mind me asking what sort of dragon are you hoping for? It seemed weird to ask but the common thoughts running through the High Reaches of which rank they would get with the color of the dragon. It was never really a thought to Midais, impressing a dragon was more than enough for him.

baby_gwing

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:51 pm
Iathe - High Reaches

"Likewise," She murmured, holding Martirae's gaze as the young woman asked her opinion. Iathe wasn't one to sugar coat her feelings, though she did lower her voice as she spoke. She wasn't an idiot, and upsetting a brooding mother or her rider was not on her agenda for today. "I think it's lucky, considering the entire clutch could have been lost due to ignorance and poorly thought out decisions." Heat colored her words, but her voice did not rise. "Thread is back. We need every dragon we can get. Those with queens do not have the right to be selfish. If they don't want to join a Weyr, fine. At least have the decency to have your dragon clutch in one so that supplies and people will be readily available."

Iathe exhaled roughly, her eyes glittering with contempt. "As it is, it's fortunate that both High Reaches and Western were able to respond so quickly, and that no hatchlings had to be lost. There's still a question of whether or not they will all survive, due to the lack of Touching, but here's hoping there are enough gathered that they find someone they like."
demon_pachabel

--

Lauthisen - Western

One of the purple eggs--the one with swirled markings--gave an almost imperceptible shiver. His eyes narrowed slightly with anticipation, but the egg was still once more. Not quite ready, then... but close. They never would have gathered candidates from two different Weyrs otherwise, and the thrumming of the dragons always proceeded the arrival of new hatchlings. At least, it always had been like this since the last five Turns he'd been here.

Sudden movement at his side snapped his attention to the person in question--a girl, small, thin, and scarred. Her face, anyway, and Lauthisen made no qualms of pretending not to look. It was something curious and new, simply put--not everyone had a scar like that, and certainly not someone so young. Her eyes were the next thing he took in, noting the hue and how it was only enhanced by her dark, straight hair. Finally, he noted what was in her hand, held out as though in offering to him.

Ah. He accepted it without a word, nodding to her before he carefully applied the paste to any skin that wasn't covered by the white candidate robe. Once he was satisfied that he had not used too much nor too little of the stuff, he offered it the small jar back to its owner. "Thanks." He offered. He didn't much care for people, but that had been both unexpected and useful. "High Reaches? Or Western?"

He hadn't seen her at the latter, but that didn't mean anything. Lauthisen didn't know hardly anyone.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:55 pm
Rylyrr

"During the feast perhaps... if we have one, or after the hatching, impression what ever comes first, we will have to make sure to introduce our fire lizards to each other. Certainly before we have to leave..."Actualy Rylyrr wasn't sure how this was going to work. Somehow he predicted it was going to be so very awkward.

"We will both hope for a well behaved clutch and no hatching decides that they suddenly want to go swimming... or exploring in the woods, or well I guess they can dig in the sand if they want." The sand was probably safe. Rylyrr shook his head. "I ... Never expected to be here, in the middle of no where, on an island, with a clutch on the sand I never seen before till now." It... It was a bit ridiculous.

"But, I'm glad that this... situation brought us together again for how ever long it lasts."

Meepfur
Akaris

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:07 pm
Aly'on

Aly'on gathered his clothes, setting the pile down for a moment to take out a bundle of clothing and switched them. His went on the bottom and Rylyrr spare clothing was placed on top. "Ooh, yes, he has been for a while. He's the tall one." Aly'on said simply which was true, Rylyrr stood above probably all the candidates out there. Aly'on hadn't paid a terrible amount of attention to anyone new.

"This is likely his last chance...he ages out soon." Aly'on sighed and gave a slight smile at P'rell. "I'm Aly'on and that lump of brown is Ihiannsith," he added, gesturing out to the some what chubby brown lounging by the ocean waves.

Dizzy_Kat
P'rell & Venaith - HR

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:08 pm
Kinyegele

When the swirled egg began to shake, Kinye squeezed her brother's hand. Then, just as quickly it stopped, taking her baited breath with it.

"Oh, that was so close. I would have thought they'd all be movin' by now, yeah?"

Thaliawen

------
Martirae

She nodded along slowly. More and more, Iathe definitely seemed like a smart woman, at least. "This would have been a disaster if we couldn't have responded to the call - and because we were unprepared to be potentially on call for such things, our candidates will spill blood."

If no dragon sunk it's teeth or claws into the crowd of unknown faces before it - none of which were at the touching these babes did receive.... "I wonder if any of these babies bonded with one of Fort's candidates and will...despair when their chosen isn't here." A betweening sounded fairly plausible, considering the circumstances.

"I doubt we'll have entirely like people here for their wishes."

Tsunake

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:46 pm
The Indigo & Yellow Colorful Egg
This small egg, close to the front, gave a little twitch, and then a little buck, pushing some sand away from it. !!! The egg itself actually began to wobble faster and faster, the being inside obviously trying hard to break free.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:30 pm
Triton

"I can't believe you fell asleep on the hatching sands." The green rider lamented as his passenger carefully climbed down from the dragon, fighting to get white robes over his regular clothing and getting half tangled. "You're lucky I found you." He told the hapless git of a teen.

"It's not like anyone knew there was going to be a clutch on an island." Triton pointed out, trying to get his robes unstuck from his ponytail of locs. The young man tugged the white fabric down and finally had it fall down around his long legs. He frowned...maybe he should have gotten fitted for new robes? The teen had had quite a growth spurt the last summer and was now tall and lanky at eighteen turns. Ah well...ill fitting robes were the least of his worries. He grinned up at the rider. "Thanks for the lift." He then gave a nod to the dragon, "And thank you very much for putting up with me."

The dragon seemed amused and nodded her head.

With his sandals in the hot sands of the beach, the dark teen headed towards where the other candidates were gathered. His reddish brown skin warms under the tropical sun, though he frowns and tugs a small pot from his pocket. Opening it, he carefully scoops some sun cream from it and applies it to the blotchy white spots across his eyes and face, and the exposed spots on his arms. Amber brown eyes scan the faces before resting on the eggs, just in time to see one moving like it's trying to break free. His heart leaps in excitement and wonder...

This was certainly going to be interesting for his first hatching.  

Rhea Izar

Feral Ladykiller

11,625 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Punk Patrol 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:49 pm
Akaris

What would happen, as far as the usual Hatching Feast went? Would there be one at all, and if so, where? Here? It was a lovely setting! (Albeit very hot, and in the middle of nowhere, and utterly impractical.) Or would the Weyrs each spirit their new Weyrlings away and have small affairs of their own? Something about that possibility seemed a bit sad, and it finally struck her to wonder how the babies might feel about being split up.

"I wouldn't blame them if they did want to go swimming!" she said with a chuckle, banishing speculations about Feast or no Feast, or the clutch ultimately being separated. Akaris was in a lovely place with someone she liked very much, and she was determined to enjoy as much of it as she could...partly in an effort to keep down the low-but-steady level of fear that she couldn't help but feel, a twisting unease that, while not consuming, was present nonetheless.

"I'm glad to see you again, too." She tilted her head up to better look at him from under the brim of her hat, smiling, and gently swung the hand she still held. The wiggling egg went completely unnoticed. "If you Impress, I probably won't see you again for a long while."

Shaddaling

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:51 pm
W'dre of Bronze Dormith

A low rumble - perhaps a hum to join in with the mother - thrummed through the bronze as he continued to offer his wing for shade, his attention moving between the clutch on the sands, the candidates walking out onto it, and his rider, who had finally finished with his helping task.

They're beginning to move. he informed the young man, who maneuvered to climb onto his dragon's back, half balancing on the extended wing. At least they gave us time to be ready for them, W'dre thought gratefully. Certainly, the situation wasn't ideal for all of the complaining he was hearing from all over, but he didn't imagine that this mother would have chosen this place in the middle of nowhere as her ideal location to clutch.

No, she'd been just as inconvenienced by all this, and now they were all there to try and make the best of it.

W'dre looked over the eggs, mostly disconnected from them. Eggs on the sands hadn't held an appeal to him in years - As they shouldn't the very reason for that reminded. The young man leaned his consciousness into that of his bonded with a wave of playful affection before he walked, somewhat precariously, out onto the bronze's extended wing to look beyond it.

Seemed some important faces had decided to show up. Quite a few golds here for what I thought was going to be a bare bones assembly, he thought. Certainly there were some higher ups about to see how their own fared - and perhaps to give a piece of their mind to the Goldrider and Clutchmother. But many others were...not so much.

They likely are here for the same reason we are - helping. You are not the only rider of a shimmering dragon to do tasks that are below the rank many would give you by default. Dormith chided in reminder. Certainly. I never said I was.

Good. Now get off. The bronze shook out his wing, sending his rider toppling harmlessly off of it to land in the sand below. It was more fun, in W'dre's opinion, than it had likely looked.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Dizzy_Kat

Hardcore Bibliophile

19,500 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:06 pm
Shaddaling
Aly'on

P'rell & Veniath - HR
"P'rell. And the bronze looming next to the clutch is Venaith. He's not the father." P'rell added just to needle said bronze who immediately reared back with an air of stung dignity. ~You don't even like to fly golds~

~What matter does that make? I was only admiring her hard efforts and fine choice of scenery. Why with one simple act she is the talk of half the planet! It is truly remarkable.~ Head held high, Venaith did move back from the clutch, clearing some space for those with less mass to get a better view.

"Luck to him then that High Reaches got called in today. Has he been a candidate long?"

Zarike

"Ohhh lookit! There one goes!" Zarike shouted. The change of scenery and overall lack of preparation having him not quite in proper 'candidate' mode out on the open beach.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:18 pm
Rio

For the moment he was stared down at, Rio wondered if perhaps his company would be unwelcome, but when the taller candidate finally answered, he was relieved to discern no unfriendliness in his tone. He'd probably just been caught up in his thoughts, or focused on the eggs, or some combination of the two, and he had interrupted him when he approached with his inane question. Deliberately inane, as it happened, to make for a cautiously light opening to potential conversation. It was a bit better than remarking on the weather, at least.

"Western, yes," he confirmed with a nod and a smile. "I must say, I wasn't expecting my morning to become afternoon quite so suddenly, or to involve an island in the middle of nowh- Oh!" The insistent wiggling of the small purple egg caught his attention and interrupted him, and his smile grew to a grin. "Looks like someone's awake!"

Now, where were Alya and the rest of their new friends?

BastetAmun

Meepfur
Crew

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:22 pm
Raelin (High Reaches)

Watching someone thrown unceremoniously into the sand, Raelin snorted and motioned for the rider to move along, please. But the action was beginning to pick up: several eggs were beginning to move in earnest...If only her face would stop stinging. She hadn't had time to grab her cream before the call went out, and now she was beginning to pay the price. One would've thought that her pale skin would be more used to the sun by now, and yet here it was, spiting her with the same spirit she liked to spite others.

"Hey," she murmured to a nearby candidate, spying he had a handy pot. "Could you spot me some?"

demon_pachabel
w'dre - not quite a tag but hi im here

Rhea Izar
triton

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:33 pm
[ a'ye and green oyath - HR ]

"I think so too. Hacthings in general are a good time, with everyone meeting their lifemates and all, and I honestly can't say I recall the last time we had a joint hatching in this manner." A'ye paused. "...the previous hatching at Western doesn't count. Since it was at Western, I mean. I'm rambling." The conversation seemed like it was going to go well, A'ye had managed more than five sentences without regret, and yet here he was on the hot sands, desperate to swallow his entire leg. The rider was desperate for anything, anything to distract him from thinking too hard. Thankfully, Oyath provided.

There is movement. The green was still circling around above, casting intermittent patches of shade on the gathering below. She'd need to land eventually, but for now her words were just what the healer ordered. Two, so far. Pay attention, Mine, because this is important.

A'ye made a mental note to thank his dragon later with the largest wild beast he could find. "Oyath says there's movement, on the sands. One or two eggs, though she didn't specify which." He turned his attention away from S'del and his dragon, if only for a moment, to try and see if he could tell which ones were indeed on the verge of hatching. This was all ridiculously exciting, enough that even his usually sour Green was in a decent mood.

Masterharper

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Rhea Izar

Feral Ladykiller

11,625 Points
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Punk Patrol 250
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:35 pm
It took a moment before Triton tore his gaze away from the eggs enough to realize he was being spoken to. He blinked, confused at first about the request. "Spot some...oh, this?" He held up the small pot, "Umn, yeah, sure." He shrugged and handed it out. Honestly he didn't want to share it since he needed to use it daily, but he could always go to the healers to get more. "This took us all by surprise, didn't it?" He asked, grinning excitedly.

medigel

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces