Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Disney & Harry Potter Touching] Do You Believe In Magic? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:28 am
This egg seemed to be rushing to help! Ionan have the egg a smile. “It’s something I have to do on my own,” he said. “But thanks, you’re a really nice egg. I look forward to seeing what you end up being when you hatch!” He have it a smile. “I’m going to see another of your siblings.”

He headed towards the Once Upon a Dream egg.

—-
Oh? Rhiyn paused, surprised at the motivation pushed at him. He decided to explain to the egg, since it was so willing to be helpful. “I already told her,” he said, “But I keep hoping I’ll Impress, so I won’t have to wait so long. I bet you’re popular, you’re a sweet egg.”

He headed towards Hufflepuff and rested his hand against its shell. “Hello,” he said.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:34 am
Vosin/Killakeeth

Vosin saw the kids to their minders, then Killakeeth to a comfortable perch to wait. Then she was free to mosey in to the stands to watch the touching and ogle the eggs. It was an impressive display the two golds had managed. High Reaches had the right to be proud. And they’d allowed Western kids in.

She wondered who would impress from Western.

Candidate Makimton

He nodded as the egg eagerly greeted him. Makim was curious what the egg might have noticed, but didn’t pry. It seemed rude, and he had to be on best behavior today. He smiled at the sense of peace from it. Yes a very good idea. I am glad you were my first.

The young man considered briefly conscious of his limited time. Nothing much. The usual lessons and everyone waiting on pins and needles for the eggs to be laid then harden enough for Touching, which we’re doing today. Next the long wait for the Hatching.

He gave Auror a quick fond pat goodbye. He’d look for this one at the hatching. Makim moved around the side of the clutch and approached Amortentia Egg. The pink and the hearts seemed kind of girly, but he touched it anyhow. Would this egg go to a girl or boy?

Candidate Nalacko

Nala found the plaid marking almost too much to look at, but she did it anyhow. The egg was fairly welcoming. My dad will be watching when you hatch and I wish he wouldn’t watch me. She sighed. That there was her biggest woe. And maybe impressing. But the egg couldn’t really help that much.

After a short while she moved on to You Can Fly! You Can Fly! You Can Fly!. This egg was beautiful and easier to look at. She smiled at its impish nature. She liked to have fun too!  

magnadearel

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:37 am
Amila

My thoughts? Amila blinked in surprise, before something deep lit up -- something long cooled and left to wait in the bustle of daily life and the nervousness of being around others so often, of Getting Things Properly, and of worrying about upsetting someone -- a light that warmed and took some of those rough edges away. She was meeting an egg interested[/i[ in her and her thoughts, which weren't usually asked for. She would gladly share more.

I'm nervous. Amila admitted. Because I want to make a good impression on others. I want to be a rider and soar in the sky, to see others safe in their beds at night that they don't live fearfully. But I worry I can't because of all sorts of reasons. But I used to dream of it. Finally she paused, feeling quite embarressed at gushing to the hatchling within the egg and rubbed the back of her neck with the hand left open, an awkward smile on her face. Ah... My apologies for rambling. Nobody's wanted to know what I'm thinking very often.

But it was what she was thinking -- she just wasn't sure she was good enough, amidst the constant complaining by her family of indecent female riders.

Siv

Quite sure love![/i[ Siv beamed warmly, grinning. But if I see someone I'll be happy to send them your way. After all, I'm sure there's SOMEBODY!

Siv gave the egg awink, and rose to move on, walking easily as she looked atound the clutch, stretching a bit as she did so, soon making her way over to I'll make a man out of you, calmly placing a hand on the egg and nodding, mind reaching out in greeting.

Hello. Good day soi far in there?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:40 am
Oh, that was...hmm. Unexpectedly pleasant. Not that she was expecting unpleasant, not at all, but the Imperio Egg was...hmm. She didn't quite have a word for it. It was very gentle, very polite, but also seemed oh so very pleased to see her. She obliged wordlessly, allowing it to sift through her mind and see what there was to see, and found the sensation akin to...hmm. Not a tickle, as it didn't strike her as light-hearted, per se. But it was a pleasant sort of touch, and she didn't mind.

Talis wouldn't have minded staying longer, in fact, but once it had had a good look for itself, she bid it farewell and withdrew. There were still quite a few more eggs to get to. Egg by egg, she worked her way around the edges of the clutch, and eventually reached the Lumos Egg and its fetching shell.  

Meepfur
Crew

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:17 am
Smerdle
Colors of the Wind
Oh, do not worry so, Rykin. Only those things that are meant to be are. You are here. They are here, whomever it is that has you so conflicted. A gentle mental touch poured cooling, soothing serenity into the boy's mind. Whatever he chose would be alright, but Colors felt sure that he could be brave and sort out whatever had him frazzled. This egg's rooting for you, so buck up!

Avid_RPer18
Forbidden Forest
Something swam beneath Rahmi's hand, twisting and catching about his mind like he'd walked through a tangle of cobwebs. Did he think the egg could speak back, would speak back? The egg gave a small lurch, and a barely-audible laughter filled the boy's head, echoing unplesantly. Perhaps amused, the egg's mind gave a little nudge before sinking away, though the sensation of intense scrutiny never quite faded.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:29 am
Grumioll stoically listened with his mind as the dragon infant edged about his being, not quite engaging with him but still looking for something. He wondered if he’d somehow done something wrong, and glanced at Gr’del and his assistants. No one seemed to be disapproving of him thus far, though certainly they would all be watching. He got little response from other nearby eggs, his path eventually taking him over to the larger queen’s clutch. As he set one hand upon the Felix Felicis Egg, he tried to open his mind to it. To think the right kind of thoughts. He thought about how he felt when Iria sat and talked with him. It wasn’t “happiness” as he saw it displayed upon others’ faces, their teeth bared like angry canines. It was a little less wariness. A little more trust. Perhaps even… contentment. Was that what the egg wanted to feel from him?  

Teiha

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:33 am
Tahirah

The curiosity that hit her from the egg made Tahirah smile. The question of adventures having been gone on. I haven't been on any adventures yet. Though I hope I'll get the chance too at some point. With those parting words, Tahirah took her hand from the egg and stepped back, taking a moment to look over the eggs that were around her.

A nearby egg gave off a feeling of serenity and Tahirah moved over to it, finding that she needed a calming presence in her mind. Placing her hand against the purple shell of the Colors of the Wind - Pocahontas egg. The feeling of serenity you are giving off is...very helpful today. Thank you for that.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Lucius

The feeling that met him from the egg made Lucius laugh out loud. The confidence the egg felt, he wished he felt even that level of confidence. He sent a thought of parting to the egg before he took his hand away and moved to his neighbor. The feeling from the Ravenclaw Egg was different from the Gryffindor egg. This blue egg seemed to be watching everything and not impressed with what it was seeing. Has no one caught your eye yet?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:34 am
Tokki -- Western
Positive Traits: super friendly, blessed with common sense, excellent memory, quick learner
Negative Traits: comes off as "sweetly stupid", too talkative, easily distracted, blithely self-centered
Sex: Male

A distinctly uncomfortable and unwelcoming feeling crept over Tokki as he felt the sensation of being watched intensify. Maybe this baby wasn't interested in meeting the Candidates. He glanced up at the towering queen hovering over the eggs and decided it was time to move on. Well, thank you anyway. This was an interesting encounter. And with that, Tokki removed his hand from the shell, immediately feeling the goosebumps stop. He raised an eyebrow and studied the egg one last time. Yes, an interesting encounter indeed. Not necessarily a happy one, though.

He made his way through the eggs, occasionally stopping to touch the vividly colored shells, until he came upon the Expelliarmus egg. This large egg reminded him of nothing more than tree bark. Some minor trepidation crept into his thoughts, and he immediately tamped those down. Wouldn't do to feel uncertain around these babies! With a sense of serene confidence, he placed a hand on the smooth shell. Hello there! You seem very serious. I hope I'm not disturbing you.

Jeri -- HR
Positive Traits: strong-willed, self-confident, optimistic, patient
Negative Traits: eccentric, illiterate, gossip, airheaded at times
Sex: Female

"Of course!" Jeri nodded enthusiastically, her smile wide and bright. "I am having a grand time! But I really should move on before I get in trouble. 'Bye now!" She gave the egg a gentle pat and stepped back. What a fun dragonet must be in there! The previous unpleasantness was all but forgotten by now. This wasn't so bad at all!

Jeri sauntered through the eggs, stopping at interesting-looking ones and touching them briefly before moving on. One egg caught her eye, the I'll Make A Man Out Of You egg, with its bright colors and flashy striping. She approached it happily and placed both hands on the shell. "Hello!" she chirped. "I hope you're a nice egg like that last one was." It seemed to be regarding her already. What was it going to do?  

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:41 am
Andrestia - HR

Andrestia raised a brow at the Ravenclaw Egg before giving a nod. “Busy yes there are a lot of eggs a lot to see but I hope you will meet someone today you are well suited for!”

-------

Vodex - HR

“I do, I mean I know a few songs and sing tho I give you fair warning my voice is questionable at best not that it stops me from belting at the top of my lungs and people telling me to shut up.” Vodex grinned at the Remember Me Egg “I am sure there are better singers here then me and probably get yelled at a lot less than me when they do sing so I hope whoever you find will be able to sing always with you.”

---------

Cabhan -- HR

Cabhan gave a faint smile to the egg, hoping no one around would really notice. “You are much nicer than your sibling, and I do I have dreams and hopes like everyone else here. They are bit selfish tho I warn you, I want to help my family raise their status I want to be a bronze rider but so far I haven’t had much luck the last hatching I went to was rather a flop.” He was rambling and he knew it as he looked at the A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes Egg. “I should let you meet the others now I hope you find what you are wishing for too.”  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:43 am
You seem like a most excellent egg, Farin chuckled to You’ve Got a Friend in Me. I appreciate your offer. I’m very curious—do you know your mother well yet? What does she mean to you at this point in your life? He planned to move on shortly, whether or not the egg did respond. He knew well that the parents and candidatemasters were (almost instinctively, it seemed) keeping track of their time with each egg.  

Teiha

Teiha

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:50 am
“Yes ma’am!” Vaali confirmed, giving both Olliah and Fianth another small bow before returning to the eggs. She was relieved that the egg would be properly cared for, and that hopefully no one would end up in trouble over it. Approaching the clutch from the other side now, she went to a pretty yellow egg and greeted it with a cheerful “Hello, baby!” as she patted the Be Our Guest egg. She flung her mind wide open, inviting the dragonet to come in and play.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:56 am
Finnisa
Finnisa couldn't help but chuckle at the response from Be Our Guest. "An idea about who you want, of course! What you're looking for. Honest though, you're all so pretty in the shell that I don't know how anyone here could have favorites." She dragged a thumb over the shell, tracing little lazy swirls. "I'd like to have an idea of what I'm after, but really just...a partner, you know? One who'd like me best of all. That's the same for any of us though, and probably you too." She gave it a firm, final pat before...hmm. Well, the egg she'd meant to wander to next seemed busy, but there was one that'd gone untouched so far. That wouldn't do, nope!

Casual as you like the woman flicked her hair over a shoulder and strode across from one clutch to the next. "No body left out now, alright?" She hummed to herself as she crouched, tracing one of Firebolt's stripes. There was an air of excitement, or maybe impatience. "Don't like to wait, huh? Well, I'm here now. More'll come soon I'm sure, too."  

ShinosBee

Nerd

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:09 pm
Teiha

Be Our Guest
Look at Vaali trying to help! Be Our Guest approves with their whole hearts! And a free tour? Well! It'll happily take a look! Surely there must be something it can help her with? Some want? Oh it can definitely tell there is one!

ShinosBee

Firebolt
FINALLY!!!!!! It has been waiting for far longer than it should have to have somebody say hello! Hello Finnisa! Are you ready for an adventure? There's so much to do! So much to see! What would Finnisa like to do? Leeeeeeeeeeeet's go!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:11 pm
Amid everything, Tarnaria had managed to not zone out about bread for once. She was, for once, focused, watching everybody. It was a content moment, patiently observing, before she finally moved. There were many eggs, an amazing moment of there being two clutches to be had. There were also many people from Western Weyr, both candidates and riders. And surely, some of those candidates would remain at High Reaches when the eggs hatched. She rather looked forward to it, having new people to talk to and share her breads with. Oh, her mind was going to bread again... She couldn't have that at the moment!

Eventually, her wandering brought her to the Death Eater Egg, marked with a shining red eye. So far only two people had approached it, as unbothered by its appearance as she was. Tarnaria couldn't help but smile a little, brushing her fingers over the shell. "I do hope you are as fascinating as your shell is!" Really, they were surely all as fascinating as their shells!  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:16 pm
Teiha
Felix Felicis
Grumioll's response from the egg was only slightly subdued from usual—it could tell he was trying very hard to open up, and did not want to overwhelm! The egg's ability to hold back its raw zest, its verve, however, did not last long. Like a dam breaking, a rush of bubbly-like glee washed over Gru. Aren't you just amazing? Look, you're trying so hard! The egg almsot seemed to make a ping sound of delight, it was so certain that Gru would do just fine if he kept trying.

BastetAmun
Colors of the Wind
The swirling presence of Colors pushed up against Tahirah like a rising fog. Slow, inexorable, but gentle and soothing too. Of course. It could only be what it was, but for every eager, excited, or anxious egg there needed to be a calming, passive, tender egg too. Didn't she agree? This egg was happy to be able to meet so many, and perhaps help them feel at ease today too.

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff