Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[ORP] Heroes & Villains: The Double Clutch Hatching Feast Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Muffin_Puppy

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:07 pm
Ticene and Green Metlath

Metlath was practically vibrating with excitement. It had taken all of her willpower to remain at least somewhat still while her rider had been tended. Apparently, and infirmary was not somewhere that she could play. At first she hadn't planned on listening. She was agile enough not to cause a problem. But then Ticene had looked at her and smiled, and the young green couldn't find it in her to misbehave. Instead she had sat at the young woman's side and waited. Her full belly made it somewhat easier to wait. Tic was largely silent as her dressings were pealed away, her skin was cleaned, stitched, and redressed. The shock had thoroughly worn off, and so had the heady euphoria of impression, which unfortunately left only a lot of pain in it's wake. Metlath's mind was a welcome distraction. The two didn't really speak as such. They just explored each other's minds. Ticene was tentative as she explored, while Metlath moved through the woman's mind without a hint of trepidation. This was where she was meant to be. How they had always been meant to be.

Unfortunately for the green, once they were released from the infirmary, her waiting was not yet through. Then they had to return to the barracks so that Ticene could change into something a little more suitable. Her candidate robe had been thoroughly shredded. By both dragon claws and healers needing to poke and prod. What remained looked as though it had been used as bandaging anyway. The infirmary had given her simple clothing to wear until she could get to her own things. Metlath hoped that then Ticene would feel more like herself. There shadows of the day still lurked in the young woman's mind, no matter how hard the dragon worked to chase them out.

Metlath had been the main orchestrator of Ticene's outfit. The green didn't have an eye for fashion, but she knew what Tic liked and she knew what she liked. The hatchling thought that they should match, so was very selective. Dark, close fitting pants (a little looser around the hips than they needed to be thanks to the bandages) were her first choice. When it had been pointed out that most women would be rather elegant dresses, Metlath pointed out that Ticene was not most women. Who needed all that flashy stuff to look good? They were amazing regardless. Why bother with all the extra dangly, shiny, whatevers? A long dark tunic, that hung loosely enough to not be any trouble to Ticene's injuries and that Metlath thought matched her well enough was the next step. The final touch was a sash, a bright streak of green that matched her own. That way they were a perfect pair. Both simple and awesome.

Now the time had finally come for them to actually reach the festivities. It was all so exciting. The moment they walked in Metlath actually bounced with joy. There were so many people! Look at the colours! The music! It was all so wonderful! The green rose up onto her back legs, stretching as high as she could and giving a delighted 'hwonk' of greeting. Sisters! Brothers! I am here to celebrate with you! Isn't it all wonderful? Metlath's definition of brother and sister did not stop at the dragons that shared her ichor. All those that had hatched on the sands she reached out to, her mind sparking out and brushing excitedly against any that were open to hear her. Beside her Ticene looked at the shouting green with a mix of embarrassed amusement. She really should put a stop to it and usher the green off so she wasn't making a scene. Yet how could she fight with the happiness just rolling off of the ecstatic dragon?

Quote:
Metlath is speaking to any of the newly hatched dragons, but anyone is welcome to notice her being general loud (Read: a nuisance)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:53 pm
Rune of Green Saevath

There was a rumble from the Green as she looked at Taoloth, shifting on her beloved's shoulders with a mental brush of fondness, Taoloth, beloved brother mine. Welcome. You and Yours may join us if you so wish. Ah, but she was currently tired, ready to go back to her wallow and sleep. Rune, on the other hand, studied Tahirah, smiling, "Hard to believe...Us both Impressing....Harder still that I'm here without Rhys, but it'll all be okay. I kind of have to believe that."

BastetAmun

Myrgiol of Green Aoshiith

How long had it been since she'd returend to High Reaches with all her information? The Spymaster had pride in her work, and as a Diplomat, her....affair with High Reaches was one more of convenience than of anything else. She rather enjoyed having information that could be given to anyone, but was sold only to one person....or rather, one place. Aoshiith crooned softly as they landed, her sage green hide freshly oiled, her eyes whirling a soft violet-blue as her beloved swept in. She was a sight, bright red curls piled on top of her head in an elegant up-do, pale blue eyes all but glittering with laughter. After all, best to always seem the elegant courtesan until you could get in touch with someone from the Weyr to give your information to, right~? She looked around at all the little ones, humming in fascination. Good to see, good to know... Now, who to talk to first...  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:18 pm
As Moirath got righted by the big handsome dragon her eyes remained a happy green blue mix. She leaned in and gave the bronze head a nuzzle before the head was moving away. At Samodith words, she drooped and little lines of yellow crept into her eyes. She hadn’t meant to slide into anyone. It wasn’t like she had done it on purpose. But the warmth from the dragon alleviated her worry and she went back to being cheerful. Bouncing back over to Veltanna she told the dragons, I am quite all right. A little tumble is good for the spine! She had no idea if that was true, but it sounded nice didn’t it? Maybe if yours gets cold, Samodith, she can use a tablecloth to keep warm. It would work right? Moirath had no idea how mortifying that might be to someone.

Veltanna gave a salute and then shifted a little. “She is perfectly fine. No pain or discomfort.” She might be a bit crazy, Veltanna thought, but physically fine. Crazy has it’s advantages! “She is simply very excited right now. She means no harm.” The last was directed at the little angry green. Veltanna had felt that spike of worry and didn’t want this to go any further. Telling the truth seemed to be the best way out.

Meepfur

Uta

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:37 am
Zamistia and Nanuth

Zamistia listened as Haloth's rider explained that she had wanted her dragon to make friends. When asked if she was Tizenia's sister, she nodded her head in reply, to let her know she had been right. As Shanley asked about Tizzy, then introduced herself and her dragon, she managed a smile of her own.

"Yes, my sister...will be alright. She just took...a lot of...damage. My name is...Zamistia. And this is..my dragon, Nanuth. Sorry about him..he is kind..of wary around..others not close..to us,"she explained. Then she allowed the other to greet her friend, before turning to her dragon. She could see her brown was hesitant on what to reply to his cousin. Placing a soft hand on him, she mentally reminded him the little one needed friends.

We will see how it goes, Haloth. Mine thinks it may work, but I will be the judge. How are you?he asked, at least trying to be nice. This was not easy when it came to those outside those close to him or His..or ones he felt connected to. However, his cousin did seem hesitant coming out of the shell, so maybe..he would just have to see what happened. Then he saw his sister's green hide close by and he sent a warmth to her.

Come on over, Mataoth. This is our cousin, Haloth, you should meet him too. As for a social event, can't say I am thrilled by it, but you know that,he thought over to her. Then he saw a friend of his light, so he made sure she noticed.

"Nala, it is so good...to see you. How are you doing?"she called out to her friend. She motioned for her to come over, wondering if the other ever figured out it was Nanuth that had been comforting her.

Thaliawen

NovaCracker

magnadearel

Ashlyn and Gyafrith

Ashlyn nodded, she knew they would need all the eyes they could with as many new Weyrlings they picked up today. Not only that, but they still had the Sr. Weyrlings from the beach clutch that had happened. Thankfully, they were more used to how they did things, unlike these greenhorns now under their care. She tried to think of if she had ever seen so many before, but couldn't think of when they last had such a big group.

"Yes, sir, I will be ready to help lead some of the lessons, when it is time to split the groups. I should be able to get them started off, then when I have to step back in a few months, I will give the assistant that will fill in for me for the few months I am away everything I get. I should be ready to help with lessons again around the time they become senior Weyrlings,"she answered.

Just remember to let him know if things get to be too much, Mine. I know you should be able to handle a few months, especially with Jr. Weyrlings, but just in case,Gyafrith reminded, surrounding his rider with all his love.

"If things get too much for me, I will be sure to let you know, sir. However, I am pretty sure I am good to go. And yes, I should probably eat, though don't forget to do so yourself. As you said, we won't let them slip up, mistakes costs lives at this stage,"she nodded her head. She hoped the new Weyrlings would be able to behave themselves for the night. Of course she had great respect for Gr'del, but she also knew that V'mel would not let the Weyrlings slack off. He may be considered a tough man, but she knew it was because she cared for those under his supervision, in his own way. Her eyes scanned the area again, nothing seemed out of sorts, just hatchlings playing for the most part.

ShinosBee

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Teiha

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:31 am
K’ienn of bronze Yisketh

K’ienn saw the instant affront in his son’s face, but the boy didn’t act on it. That was already far better than he’d reckoned. “You did do well. You chose to be there for her.” He didn’t bring it up, but his mind flashed back to the green who’d gone between. If a certain conversation had gone poorly… that would have been his son’s dragon, too.

He looked down at her blue-eyed face with deep consideration. He hadn’t ever really looked at a green that closely, but there was a first time for everything. There was something so purely feminine about this one, and even though she was clearly on the defensive, he could sense her warmth. He wouldn’t presume to speak directly to a newly-Impressed dragonet, but he sent a thought of sincere thanks to her as he said aloud, “I’d venture to guess that she needed you, too.”

He glanced aside at Orri and gave him an acknowledging nod. He recognized him as a candidate and had seen him with his son more than once, but did not demand an introduction. There would be no demands of his son today.

ShinosBee

medigel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:31 am
For his own good? Rhiyn somehow doubted that. But he stood from where he’d been sitting and sighed. “If you want company, I guess I have to oblige,” he said. He went with her. “Maybe the harpers will be playing.” He specifically meant her brothers, but he somehow doubted Tass would be there. He was pretty sure he’d left the older candidate drinking with his friend.

He wondered if that girl had ended up alright. He hadn’t thought to ask about her. Was Ionan alright? He’d been covered in blood by the end of the hatching. The kid had tried his damnest to keep a girl they barely knew alive.

“Is Ionan at the feast?” He asked. He hadn’t seen him in the barracks.

Dea and #Teddy#

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:21 pm
Euryale

While her lifemate may have been carrying on, Theath was far more calm and had settled herself alongside her other lifemate, softly intertwining their tails. The green dragon was her usual calm self, silent and watching the crowds of people and dragons coming and going. It did not miss her attention the arrival of Rhianth, and for a moment the dragon's eyes whirled yellow with worry. The gold looked positively dreary and dull in color and a wave of empathy rushed over Theath. Oh, how she wished to comfort the mother, on this special day - and yet she was an outsider here. One who would likely never be allowed back due to the actions of one from her home, and that saddened her hearts. Theath might not have ever been the sort for travel, but she knew that Hers would deeply miss their Repeat.

Miryath. She whispered to her sister, to get the other green's attention. This one mourns the loss in a different way, I think. Curiously she tilted her head, unsure of what more to think or say. Ours mourn as well, though we have only gained.

Euryale could feel something going on between her dragon and A'star's, but whatever it was she dismissed it. "Spe...speaking of our son, where is he?" The sobbing was still going to continue once the boy arrived, oh yes, but it had to be done in front of Yurastar for the point to be made clear. "I don't see Bump either."

- - ---

Yu'star and Bronze Nevidenth

Yu'star sneezed suddenly and looked around, wondering just who was talking about him. He hadn't made any friends or enemies in High Reaches (that he knew of) to merit gossip. Yet. Weird.

"You know I don't make promises I can't keep." Yu'star's words were soft as he viewed his sister down in the hole for what was probably the last time. He was going to be staying here, she was going back to Western and....a small, sick part of his heart wished she could just stay down there forever and not leave him. He'd come to High Reaches with the hopes of becoming a rider here and living apart from his family, not entirely separated until fate said otherwise. "But like Nevidenth says I'll be in good hands. He's a fast learner even though I've already had a knife go through my foot at the hatching."

My mouth was full. Nevidenth hwuffed and peered down at Aryale as though the conversation he was having only with Yu'star could be heard by her. Next time I'll move you out of the way before either of us can get hurt. I know what to look for. Yu'star wanted to say there wouldn't be a next time but he couldn't honestly do that. Knowing him there would be plenty of next times and so he just patted his dragonet affectionately. Anyway, you take one of her hands and I will let her hold on to my neck. We can pull together and get her out.

Yu'star paused and frowned. "Errr, are you sure? You're barely a few candlemarks old and Aryale isn't exactly light." The jab at his sister was all in good nature, even if he winced at the end of it while expecting verbal retribution. "Nevidenth says he wants to try and help pull you up."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:44 pm
C'lusi & Macuith
If the bluerider felt any shame or awkwardness about taking Nadry well into his arms, he gave no sign. Why should he? Was she not his lover just as R'shahar was? Was she not his friend, on top of it? No, he had no reason to keep his hands off, and while he made sure to at least keep his hands properly upon Nadry while in public, he wasn't the sort to shy away from closeness or affection in any situation.

Still, he did at least let himself bow in front of Rykin--even if his arm never quite let go of Nadry. "Well met then, Rykin! Fine taste and good looks seem to run in the family, I see." He greeted amicably, eyes bright with good humor and warmth. He wasn't flirting with Rykin, Faranth no--but he was never without some sort of freely given compliment. Honestly, where Nadry might be flushed with sudden embarrassment, C'lusi was rather known to be shameless. He was a man who lived without regrets, and wasn't well accustomed to the idea of the personal space. Especially around family.

While C'lusi knew some of Nadry's family--she even had a brother at the Weyr--this was the first one he'd ever had the opportunity to truly meet. "A shame you didn't find Yours today, but it's nice to see you're holding up all right. Did you either of you want anything? A bit of drink? A bit something more savory?" He grinned, leaning over once more to kiss Nadry's cheek. "Seeing as you've already had dessert." He'd happily let the two catch up, especially as it suddenly occurred to him he might have interrupted.

See? He could have tact. Sort of.

Macuith, for his part, was only more than happy to have Menankith near. The blue dragon only too happily settled a wing over the brown, craning his neck so he might nuzzle the other with nothing but pure fondness. His tail reached out to twine about the larger brown's, and to make it clear to any visitors that he was thoroughly taken....

But admiring from afar was more than all right.

Then close to me you shall be! We shall keep one another warm, and make quite the striking pair until Viandarth arrives. We shall make the guests green with envy, I do think. He mused, even as he let his eyes roam over some of the foreign dragons. The one I found Impressed. He confided proudly to Menankith. Did you see?

So many thought him nothing but trouble, and yet... He had done a very good job Searching. At least... At least he thought.

It had been his first time Searching, at any rate, and the boy had walked away with a bronze. It was a little sad it hadn't been a blue, but perhaps the other would remember he who had brought his handsome face to the Weyr. He hardly thought twice about the fact the one he'd found Impressed to Cadereth, but surely, that meant that he was strong of spirit or ... something.
Meepfur

Smerdle

S'del
The bronzerider was pleased that A'ye didn't seem disinterested in the suggestion. He'd never actually danced with the greenrider, and knew he wasn't likely going to be the smoothest... but. Well. Hopefully nobody would notice. He'd also try hard not to step on the other's feet. Strangely enough, he had been taught how to dance during weyrling training, but he'd never really had much use of it since...

Until now.

Thankfully, the song the Harper's were playing seemed slow enough he could keep up with it. "Good. I... I'm glad. I was hoping I might get to steal away some more of your company tonight. It's still supposed to be a celebration, and I'd... I'd much rather celebrate with you on my arm." He almost didn't add the last three words, but he also wanted him to know he wasn't just looking for company.

He waited for A'ye to finish his klah, before offering the man his arm, and leading him to the dance floor. There were couples dancing, including their very own Weyrwoman, but he hardly noticed. No, as soon as he was able to pull A'ye into his arms, he did so. If he was nervous, if he suddenly felt his stomach lurch, he did his best to ignore it. Wasn't this what he'd wanted?

"I haven't danced since weyrling training," he finally admitted with a small laugh. "I won't be offended if you don't swoon." It was half-jest. Thankfully for them both, he wasn't a bad dancer--and the song wasn't one with complex steps.

houllow

[More to come tomorrow!]

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:33 am
Nicara & Diesteth

Even looking out across the gathering it just seemed like so many people were here. Of course she'd grown up in a Weyr so seeing large groups at both gatherings and feasts was normal, but High Reaches seemed to have twice the number, was that even possible? They always had been one of the more prepared Weyrs on Pern in the turns before thread had returned and now Nicara was beginning to see why.

Her head dropped a bit as she sighed with the realization that this was a great place for anyone to grow and learn as a dragonrider. It would be perfect for Roana and her new green, but would it be so wrong to dream that she could have been at Western too? She'd learned perfectly well there and held them in high regard because of it, that being one of the reasons she couldn't quite stomach the tension that was boiling beneath the surface of all this. She had been trying to swallow the idea of losing Roana simply because one mouthy dragon spoke to the queens in a disrespectful manner, standing for all of Western in that moment and tarnishing them all as a result. It rankled more than she cared to admit and it wasn't just because Ro would be gone.

As she started to dive further into her thoughts, steps stilled and standing alone surrounded by people enjoying themselves, a body suddenly collided with her and lifted her up off the ground. Eyes flashing wide she turned blood red as she realized who was spinning her around, embarrassment, joy and sadness flooding her until Diesteth reached out gently to ease them all. "I'm so glad they thought we were respectful enough to come. I almost cried thinking I'd never see you again." Nicara said quietly, trying to swallow her tears as she smiled widely for her beloved redheaded piratesailor. Though the angle was odd and she was still spinning she wrapped her arms around Roana and pulled the girl's forehead against her own so she could at least hide her blush for a moment as she composed herself.

"So, I saw this beautiful little green from afar, but it's time you introduced me to her properly." She said after a few moments, her voice still quiet. Though she was bursting with excitement to have Roana in her slim arms again she didn't want to look as though she were being inconsiderate in any way that might have her removed and her nerves shone through her dragon's still yellow eyes as he watched with an undercurrent of elation.

Sinders Path

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ri'ven & Hoath

You spent far too long with them today, you didn't even wash and oil me. I look like a mess, how can I leave my ledge to even be seen tonight? Hoath was not at all amused but his vocal discontent fell upon deaf ears as his 'so called' rider loaded down a plate without him. All day the tall redhead had spent his time checking on wounded candidates, helping them heal, fixing what he could for them and just generally ignoring his poor dragon who's hide was so dull. The brown wasn't going to take this lying down... even if he was in fact lying on his ledge in full sulk mode as he couldn't join the party. You were oiled yesterday you needy beast, today is about the newest members of the Weyr and not your ego. Besides, I couldn't sit back and not help when I have the skills to aid healers when they were working overtime. Even my little bit can be of use. Ri'ven actually laughed despite himself, knowing full well the big brown could tell he was doing just that.

Shaking his head a bit he shoveled food in his face wearily, the day had been long and while there had been tons of joy there had also been quite a bit of pain this day as well. So many hurt candidates, a pair lost on the sands, positions lost, connections strained. It was a nightmare and all he'd been able to do was help the best that he could for as long as he could, but even he could wear out after a while. Though Hoath was complaining in his mind still, just a constant stream of grumbling, it was all halfhearted because he could tell the large redhead was worn down. It was time to unwind for the day, it was time to eat and dance and enjoy himself. It was time to do anything that might distract him.

Surely at a feast there would be something to distract him from how worn out he was!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:24 am
User ImageUser Image
ar'din & alquemieth

To say Alquemieth was furious was putting it lightly. This was supposed to be his family's day, his day, his mother's day, and what had happened? Chaos on the sands, disrespecting humans and dragons alike, Western showing its true heathen colors, a lost pair, his brother being forced to stay away--and now the party was officially ruined. Not that this bronze was ever going to be a particularly fun party participant anyway, but seeing his aunt's lackluster spirits on top of everything else made him want to just turn around and leave. Let the so-called celebrants admire or loathe his shining hide from where they were meant to be, behind him. He was done.

But Fianth was there, and so Alquemieth was compelled to be as well.

He and Ar'din arrived late, and they had stood off to the side for some time, watching others go by, dragonet nursing his anger, junior weyrling learning on the fly how exactly one was to handle that shared feeling. Ar'din had in particular been struck by the devotion His had to the queen, having never been close to his mother. Or his father but, well, you couldn't be that hopeful for someone who had never been there. He had lost himself in his thoughts when Alquemieth suddenly perked up.

Come. Alquemieth strode forward with his head high, eyes a fiery whirl, wings half mantled to make himself bigger. He could all but hear the murmurs start up as they passed through other party goers: the bronze with that sorry looking twin, the one he had abused; the candidate that had been set on by a gold. His silent fury was such that when he turned his glare upon a nearby older blue, the stupid thing actually stepped back in surprise. Good. Get away from his mother. Bad enough he had to share.

Spying Sucurith, he pointedly moved to the other side of Fianth and planted himself next to her forelimb, pressing against her as he sent fierce love her way. I am here, Mother, and I will not leave.

Ar'din pocketed his hands. You're hungry, though. A pause. I can get some for her, too, he added.

If she wishes. Alquemieth snorted when His started to turn towards the hall. Order someone to get it for us. Surely there are servants about.

Uta

Quote:
alquemieth and ar'din are here for some......fun.....?

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:33 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.M'yk and Dobrokhoth
M'yk had hesitated to attend the Hatching, largely because he'd known Dobrokhoth was still upset about the unaffiliated bronze who'd sired Fianth's clutch, and he didn't want to give him a fresh opportunity to seethe about it.  But he'd insisted that it would be disrespectful to the clutchmothers not to attend, and had promised to be on his best behavior, so M'yk had relented.  And Dobrokhoth had been on his best behavior, right up until that foul Western bronze had insulted them all.  Had he been anywhere near him, which sadly he had not been, he'd have bitten him.  Hard.  As it was, he'd had a few choice words, and had been spitting mad ever since.  With tensions running high, attending the Feast was right out; better to just take him out flying, and avoid even the slightest possibility of trouble.

But no matter how upset he was, Dobrokhoth loved parties, and hatchlings, and he wanted to go! (And maybe keep an eye on all these disgraceful foreigners, just in case.)  No amount of begging or pleading, however, made any leeway, until he mentioned, You know, Rykin was down there.  On the Sands.

Wait, what?!  Why would Rykin have been there, unless-

Why had no one told him?!

You can't expect people to tell you things if you won't speak to them, his dragon had supplied smugly.  For all that he loved His, he had especially stubborn of late, and the brown had taken to needling him at every opportunity.  Even he could see that he was being ridiculous!

But still, if Rykin was a candidate, how had he missed him until now?  Not that he had much of anything to do with the candidates, admittedly, but no matter how big the Weyr was, he couldn't possibly have managed to miss his brother for however long...or could he have?  Some asking around over the course of the day explained it - he wasn't a High Reaches candidate, so he must have come over as part of the exchange.  On the one hand, it was a relief to know that he hadn't been so oblivious as to miss his younger brother, and a reassurance that Rykin probably hadn't been deliberately avoiding him for some reason - the sevenday the Western candidates had been here had surely been quite a busy one, after all.  On the other hand...he hadn't Impressed, so he'd be going back to Western.  All things considered, he was torn between being pleased that his brother had been Searched, inconvenienced that it was to another Weyr, and put out that no one had bothered to tell him.

So it was that he did actually head down to the Feast - and it was the first time in awhile he'd had to dust off his better clothes, Faranth - although he'd insisted that Dobrokhoth ought to stay on his ledge, well away from any possible trouble, which meant that he got to hear all about it on his walk down to the Dining Hall.  By the time he got there, he was on the verge of relenting.  A little.  Noting which dragons were where in the Bowl, he offered, If you stay near Eveleth and Siloth, you can come down. That would ensure he'd be on his best behavior, without a doubt.

Thrumming with happiness to be allowed down to the party, the dusty-shaded brown wasted no time in winging his way down, approaching Eveleth and the fringes of her entourage with a respectful-but-amiable posture, eyes whirling blue-green. Mother, he thrummed in greeting, with friendly, polite touches for anyone else nearby.  And acknowledgement for his esteemed wingleader, too, of course! Siloth.

Inside, M'yk set to looking for his brother, and spotted him soon enough, with...company.  Unmistakable company, in a red dress and with-

If I have to behave, so do you. Amusement rippled across his mental link with Dobrokhoth, which actually didn't do much of anything to help.  Not that he'd have waded into that mess regardless - no, for now he was going to go find a drink.  He needed one.

Smerdle
for mention!

Uta

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:09 pm
Dehka, Candidate

His first hatching had ended on a heart-breaking note. Though Dehka was never a social butterfly, too awkward and shy to thrust himself into conversation with complete strangers on a whim, the boy was making sure to sit by himself. He had taken a small amount of food to pick at, but in truth, his appetite was gone. He should be celebrating that so many dragons had found theirs, and that the Weyr had so many new fellows to protect them... but his eye (the one that was visible, as the other still had a heavy bandage strapped over it) was red-rimmed. It felt like he had no more tears to shed for the small green who had gone Between to be with Hers, forever and always. The thought alone was enough to make a lump rise in his throat. It was bad enough that a young man had been killed--someone whose name Dehka didn't know. The young dragon's obvious mourning and despair before she'd left forever had only made it that much worse.

Soui though... She'd Impressed, hadn't she? A beautiful little white, if he'd heard correctly.... On one hand, it was a little crushing to know he'd missed her special moment... but in all honesty, Dehka was grateful that she was safe and unharmed. He wanted to see her at some point, but it felt inappropriate right now, as silly as that sounded. This feast was to celebrate the new dragonriders of High Reaches. They deserved all of the attention and more, and the last thing he wanted to do was to bring anyone's spirits down because of his own downcast spirit.

As it was, the antics of the new hatchlings was enough to occasionally tug his lips into a smile, watching them with a longing that he supposed wasn't uncommon for all candidates to feel. The days, he hoped with all of his heart, would only get brighter from here. They could mourn their little green sister and cousin... and train themselves into becoming the new defenders of Pern. One day, he'd join them. He'd been so unsure of himself before... but now, he felt more determined than ever.

Quote:
Open for any and all interaction!

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:37 pm
Tahirah of Brown Taoloth

Taoloth watched his green sister closely, offering a warm embrace and gentle feeling towards her. Are you tired dear sister? It had been a very busy day for all of them, quite an adventure as well. I am quite surprised that those from Western were allowed to even visit after what the bronze did. Honestly, Taoloth had found it all very amusing. If you had a problem with something you didn't say something right in front of everyone, you had to wait for time to pass, perhaps even sow discord among others. Never let it be known you were the master mind behind it, but that bronze had seemed to be all brawn and beauty without any brains.

For her part, Tahirah was watching Rune with a bit of an analytical eye. Her friend smiled but there seemed to be a tiredness underneath it all. "It is amazing." Her blue eyes looked down at the little brown that was still seated by her legs, eyes always whirling blue with flecks of purple towards her. When Rune mentioned her twin Rhys, Tahirah couldn't help but watch her friend a bit more, she didn't really know what Rune was going through. Her family was still alive and she had only been away from them for a turn or so. "Have you been able to talk to him any?"

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr'cul of Blue Harneth

Raelin's voice had Dr'cul turn his head to look at the woman. "Hmm." His eyes moved to look at everything and everyone once more. "If it were only so. I wish I did not have to be here but Harneth would not stop his incessant prattle about being polite." He was a rider now and not truly practicing his craft anymore but it was still something he liked to work on and try to make sure he was always on the top of his game. Who knew when his skills might be needed after all. "What do you think of the new clutch and those that are joining us as weyrlings?" He had heard of the bronze that had killed that young man and the little green who had been meant for him. He was curious to see just what that bronze was like and who would impress a creature like that.

Saith Harneth bent low to his sister when she neared him, speaking to him. The blue did see the strange cloth boots she was wearing and cocked his head at them but did not say anything, not at the moment. Mother is the best person to be there for them, aside from father after all. There was a wistful sigh as he shook his head. It will just make visiting one another so much harder. I worry more for father then anything, he loves mother so.

He couldn't stop the snort that came out at the mention of western. To think of the nerve of that...bronze....If I find out that he ever thinks of mother that way... He shook his head some. I wish mother had been able to come here as well. She would be treated as would befit her station. He couldn't help the question that came out now. Saith, dear sister, just what are those things that you are wearing upon your feet?

medigel

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

L'ius of Tierth

Hearing his father's voice Tierth let out a little honk and once more grabbed L'ius sleeve to drag the boy along after him. The sandy haired young man had to scramble to keep himself from falling to his feet because he had been side-tracked during the wait.

While standing there by Tierth, L'ius had been scanning the crowd, looking around at everyone. He knew there was no one there to celebrate with him, his aunt and uncle were dead, his sister was on the Western continent and their father was...well who knew were. He was still curious to see the happiness and even sadness upon some family members faces. It was during this course of things that L'ius had caught sight of Zelaya, though he didn't recognize them right away. They had moved through the crowd and into the feast hall quickly and L'ius was wondering some if he had almost imagined what he saw. Of course then Tierth was pulling him along after him and towards the brown that was his father.

Once before Kronoseth, Tierth released L'ius sleeve and moved to his father. Father! Look at mine! Tierth had gone up to nuzzle against Kronoseth before he moved to prance some around L'ius drawing attention to the young man. Doesn't he just look the picture of a perfect Knight? We are going to help save the world!

For his part, L'ius couldn't help but be a little intimidated by standing in front of the brown father. He knew he wasn't at risk for anything, knew he would be safe but well, it still felt a little surreal that he had impressed.

Uta

ShinosBee
For Mention of Zelaya

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:02 pm
A'star and Green Miryath

For the dramatics, Miryath was an image of calm next to Theath, her tail idly twined around her beloved's. To be a mother and a sister is a heavy burden. Her mourning must be deep to mirror Fianth's strength in coming to see us all, she replied, nuzzling the paler green softly before lifting her head to give the festivities outside of the Feast a good once-over. And our own are already causing trouble,she added mutely with a thrum of amusement.

A'star, on the other hand, was less amused that now both of their children were out of sight. "What trouble will they get into without us keeping an eye on them?" he asked his wife with an almost whining pout. "We should go find them before they get into too much trouble."

----

Aryale

An odd fear was planted in Aryale's heart in that moment. Could her sweet baby brother safely make it through Weyrling Training without her? She couldn't so blindly put her faith into Nevidenth, even if the little bronze would always have his best at hearts. Could that - would that - be enough to counteract everything that could potentially go bad? Maybe she should have left him in the hole, there with her where he could remain safe.

"Not on purpose, but we know not everything goes the way you plan for it," Aryale answered with a lifted brow. She looked between boy and dragon with whatever silent conversation they were having, and for a moment she felt as though she shouldn't have been there at all - an intruder into some place she was and never would be invited into. It didn't even make her brother's jab about her not being light register for a moment.

"Not to doubt him, but you know exactly what will happen if you try to pull me out, right?" she asked with a slight lift of a brow. She could see the image so clearly - little Yura tumbling right back into the hole with her.

houllow

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:21 pm
User ImageUser Image
arlie and alegriath

Alone? Oh! So, a secret? Skerath could be kinda secretive. And moody. Was she going to tell Mama she loved her in private so no-one else would hear? Perfectly reasonable! Alegriath sent her sister a burst of love as she was bumped along towards Kronoseth and let her be. For the moment, at least.

I'm here with Papa, she chirped to her mother as she bounced her foreclaws atop one of Kronoseth's. Papa, can I ride on your head first, like that blue did before? So I can see you both, and everyone else, and give you proper snoot boops! The white was filling to burst with enthusiasm and love, but she knew her time was fleeting with her parents; and so while others feasted on food, Alegriath engorged on quality time.

And surely her snoot boop would help Rhianth's mood! It had helped her rider's! It was a magical touch!!

Do you want to dance? she asked her parents, tail wiggling. Or should I sing something? Or... What would make them happiest?

- - -

She hesitated for a second before taking Iathe's hand and shook it. Her hands were gloved against the cold, but one finger (the pinkie) seemed to crumple into an empty space the size of a digit as they did.

"Um. Arlie," she mumbled, this time to the air where their hands had met. She bobbed her head at the question and tried to smile at the comment, but it was strained. Alegriath sent her another soothing touch, but still...Arlie had never gone this long among this many people without her sister. Nevermind the fact that she was still emotionally tender after the Hatching.

"Sorry. I-I'm still getting used t'it all...It's, um. Nice. Having someone else." Though even as she said so, Arlie felt a stab of guilt.

xTsunake

xUta

xMr Cheri

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out