Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Mission Archive
World War Arc Team Mission 7 - Revelations Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:10 pm
Flinching as the lights flicked on, squinting his eyes and holding his hand over his eyes to see better, the Dark One observed the more illuminated surroundings, still finding nothing of interest except for the fact that the arena was indeed largely as it always had been simply much older since he last been here. It wasn't until the crackle of the speaker did the man become more aware, more on edge, knowing good and well in the back of his mind what came next, or rather who.

He didn't bother answering those questions, the mad man speaking through the ancient relics never asked a question he already knew the answer to or rather he simply never asked a legitimate question as he always had the answers he needed in the first place. So instead the Snagem leader stood there and listened to his arch-enemy ramble on, he was far past letting anything Ein said get to him, they were both immovable objects in this conflict now and the time to debate their standpoints was over. Talking served little purpose outside of taunting.

Sub was able to stand strong and firm in his resolution as Ein spoke, it wasn't until it reared its ugly face again, Ein's favorite attack dog (shark). The fact that one couldn't feel not even the faintest inkling of energy from this monster somehow made it that much more intimidating. Staring at the monstrosity made his stomach twist its self in knots but the Dark One knew good and well this was not the time for fear, to feel it nor show it. And so, he took that primal instinct of survival and pushed it away, keeping his eyes fixed on the lethal weapon that was S-22, that was until what came from below after him.

What was once an empty arena soon became filled with an audience, albeit a captive one. So many people, a few of which Sub had probably encountered at some point and never knew it. Parents, siblings, lovers, neighbors, from all across the world. More of Ein's victims. It was never enough for him, it will never be enough. Now he realized what Ein meant so long ago, how serious he was about erasing them. It wasn't until he stood here that it dawned on him the finality they were facing. All of this would end here one way or another.

With Ein's last bit of speech Sub could feel the mad scientist's eyes and focus bearing down upon him. Like how lovers gain a sort of sixth sense in understanding and knowing one another so did enemies such as Sub and Ein, it was clear as day to the Dark One what Ein intended for him. If they failed here then a quick death would be the best case scenario for him, a luxury Ein would clearly not afford him.

"For over three decades I've chased you from one end of the Earth to the other..." Sub began to speak, his eyes scanning the arena's bleachers, taking in the faces of as many of Ein's victims as possible, stopping to stare at Cera standing behind him. "...keeping my oath to one day put an end to the pain and suffering you have caused so many. I have fought monsters for the majority of my existence, and willing I have become the very thing I swore to vanquish. I have gazed into the abyss and allowed it to gaze into me. Everything I done, every evil and sin I have bore has been to put an end to you. They call me the Dark One no doubt for my penchant for Dark type Pokemon and natural affinity for the type. As I stand here I realize that it's not just a name. I am the Dark One, the demon created in response to an equal threat. And you are the one that created me."

Taking out a Dusk Ball and tapping the button on it Sub unleashed Tamerlane the Pangoro, much to his surprise that it had evolved since he last released it, evidentially gaining much experience by just encountering that giant Cofagrigus (ooc: mission coming to make up for this). Nevermore would let out a squawked from her perched position on his shoulder and Griswold, recovered from earlier, would rise up out of his shoulder and stretch up and over his other shoulder to glare at S-22.

"Snagems." Sub called out to his companions but they were close enough not to require him to shout. "We've been through a lot together, and I would just like to apologize for putting all of you through so much just to end up here. I am happy to have met and got to know each and every one of you. I am sadden that the rest of our teammates could not stand here with us but listen to the fight below us, they are giving everything they have to allow us this chance presented to us right here and now. For better or worse today, right here, our journey comes to an end. So, Snagems, I have one final mission for you with just one objective; win. Good luck."

With his own short speech made Sub took one step forward and put a hand on Pangoro's side, the bear letting out a roar at S-22 as dark energy flowed out of the Pokemon and washed over Sub, concentrating around his fists and feet in the form of a shroud of dark energy in the shape of Tamerlane's own extremities. Then, as if to signal to the others to begin their assault he extended one finger at S-22, the Pangoro shaped hand of energy around his own also pointing, and gave one single command.

"Dark Pulse." He said in a muted tone but loud enough for his three Dark-types to hear as all three of them fired off a steady stream of pulsating rings of darkness towards S-22, fueled by his own emotions of hate and contempt for the monster's creator. As the Dark Pulses were launched Sub ran forward himself, as any self-respecting commander would do in leading his men and women into battle, himself leading the charge.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:34 pm
The second Ein mentioned Unova, Keiko remembered my feelings in regard to the Kalosian occupancy of my homeland. Keiko could tell right away that Ein wasn't looking for an answer. He was merely using those events as a way to mock her teammates, and he had only started to talk. If that wasn't enough, he blamed them for the length of those battles, is if Team Snagem's existence made people suffer, as if it wasn't him that made that war happen to begin with. Keiko's building anger was set back by the reveal of Ein's prisoners, the 'audience' for this grand final battle between Snagem and Cipher. But that anger reached new heights when Ein made it clear that they would die here. That was when Ein committed the greatest atrocity Keiko had known.

Ein would have her forget her allies, the friends she had made during her time spent in Team Snagem. Her family, the wonderful old couple that cared and provided for her when noone else would. The little girl she wanted to adopt because she didn't seem to have anyone else- her intelligent and adorable daughter. The man that took her back when her instinct allowed her to hate him- the man that proposed to her on the battlefield because there might not be a tomorrow- the destined father of her children. Ein bid her to leave them all behind because of a desire to erase Team Snagem from existance. This wasn't a hatred for Sub alone, or the people responsible for leading Team Snagem. Ein hated everyone in this room that wasn't his servant. Every single member of this team. All of her friends.

Even her. Ein hated Keiko, a woman he had never met before, so much that he would erase her from existance for no other reason than she was a Snagem. Death by association. That went for everyone else, too, especially those she held most dear.

Normal-type energy gushed from every pore of her body as her anger consumed all rational thought in her mind,and swirled around her as her conscious mind was overridden by unyielding wrath. Muscles that she had barely used now swole more than ever before, filled with the energy she was generating along with her murderous intent. She now wanted Ein dead more than she had ever wanted anything in her entire life. Her throat clenched as she unwittingly howled, voicing her all-consuming fury. Her legs folded, expressing the intent to fling herself across the battlefield directly at the man she hated more than life itself. She didn't care what happened to her anymore. If she could feel Ein's neck break in her bare hands, her own demise would be a small price to-

STOP! Her voice echoed in her head, her subconscious mind vying desperately for control in a sea of eternal anger. There's no point in dying here! Terashi will never forgive me if I lose my life here! Yes, Ein needs to suffer for what he's done, but dying to achieve that won't solve anything. I have to be smart about this!

The massive energy accumulating in her body was released, and began fading rapidly. What was left of her sanity had a point. Ein had to die, but for the moment, he could wait. The team had to get to him, first, and that meant dispatching S-22. Most importantly, Keiko knew that no matter how much stronger her hate-fuelled rage made her, she was still a weakling compared to that thing. If she got a chance to fight something closer to her level, she would vent her Frustration then, though she would of course save enough to erase Ein with. But S-22 was the primary obstacle at the moment. The only way that monster would get out of the way is if she was smart about it. But she wasn't alone in this, and she had to make herself realize that. If she worked together with her friends, the people that Ein also wants to erase, then she stood a chance, but that wasn't true in the slightest if she tried to use her own strength against creature so overpowered that he put Chaos's strength to shame.

"I'm sorry, but I need you right now," Keiko admitted, her voice back to normal as she let Hera out of her ball. "Use Close Combat on that Sharpedo hybrid, but don't let it hit you, you might faint right away if that happens."

As Hera rushed off, Keiko let Audrey out of her balls. "If anybody's Pokemon gets hit by that hybrid, use Heal Pulse on them. You might be the diference between them continuing the fight or them fainting if you're quick enough." Keiko opened one more ball, revealling Cutie, her Ribombee. "I want you firing DazzlingGleam at that hybrid from a long distance. Evasion is your priority, but attack as much as you can. Don't you dare get hit by that thing, okay?"

"Audi!" Audrey chirped, charging a Heal Pulse right away and keeping her eyes glued on the arena, ready to heal whoever was the first to get struck by S-22. Cutie nodded, then flew up a bit, and fired a DazzlingGleam at S-22 in a series of assaults against it. As ordered, though, she kept as far away from it as she could without leaving DazzlingGleam's range.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

DignityPower

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:52 pm
Veronica led her sight away from the brightness and waited for everything to settle, her attention remained on Cosmo as she kept her hand tangled in his fur. He started to get anxious when the audience appeared. At least, Veronica figured, as long as he didn't get in their way it was fine. She, sadly, could not care much for any sort of speech made. Though she did await for Sub to finish simply out of respect. His words made Veronica tilt her head. "I doubt there's anything you need to apologize for. We all stand here with nothing but pride to be by your side." she responded to him. "There's no luck needed, we will win." She turned her head back to the threat and released her grasp on Cosmo.

There was too much going on, too many posible victims, too much for Cosmo to choose who to go after. This was in part the reason why he had never blindly attacked humans even before he was infected; it was all too confusing to think logically about what humans were. He took a step back, trying to decide what to do. He wouldn't listen to Veronica, and she knew that. There was nothing spoken by anyone that mattered to him. There was only one thing he knew for sure: only pokemon could be trusted. He had to get revenge for their pain. As memories passed through his mind, his wrath grew again. Seeing the Pangoro take the lead on a greater jointed attack brought his focus to the Sharpedo. Only it wasn't just a Sharpedo. It was more like a robot, there was no life inside it, yet a pokemon had been clearly been sacrificed for its existance. That didn't sit well with Cosmo. In his eyes, it was the pokemon around him and himself against this enemy; he could not acknowledge the humans as taking any part of the heroics. He rushed forward in complete darkness against S-22, his body and immediate surroundings turned into a black cloud as he crashed with a Shadow Blitz (3/10) with the hybrid beast.

Veronica contemplated her next move. She sent out her Flygon and Infernape. "Fly up," she commanded as BlackCrystal came out. The Flygon impulsed himself up into the air, circling around the arena and watched as everything started. The darkness pulsated forward. Then a black cloud ran down to the Sharpedo like a bullet. It took BlackCrystal several moments to realize that it was their very own Cosmo. He didn't understand what that fool was doing - at least a fool is what he looked like to the Flygon. He wasn't sure whether to keep a close eye on his berserking ally or to attack the enemy. He wondered why he felt as thought he was the only strategic one in their team. As the Flygon made another circle above them, other pokemons started to pop out.

Meanwhile, back on the ground, Chi came out. "Keep your distance for now, use Focus Blast, aim well." The Infernape took his time, realizing Veronica didn't mean 'hit your target' but rather 'dont hit our allies'. Chi couldn't always understand why Veronica cared so much about protecting others before herself but at least she could count on him to do that. So Chi stepped forward up to Pangoro's side, knowing they would have to work together to keep a defense wall up in order to keep their trainers from harm. There, he gathered his inner fighting power into an orb in his hands. As it started to glow, he carefully focused his attack towards the top side of the Sharpedo.

Veronica couldn't help but feel herself absent. The tip of her fingers tingled and her senses slowly numbed out. The noises from the crowd, the attacks from the pokemon, the voices from her team mates were all muffled. Her expression was simply blank and disinterested. The mix of fear and anxiety brought out a frozen state in her that she didn't want to face. She thought, this enemy wasn't just something they could overcome with power, and that there could actually be casualties. Her vision blurred away from the distant fight and her eyes glanced over for only a second. Something shiny kept grabbing her instinct's attention. It was a gem, in Ryan's hand. Not just any gem, a broken z-crystal. Veronica snapped back as her mind opened up to another thought that wasn't about death. The crystal brought back memories of how Multarum had fixed a crystal of hers in a past mission. Ever since then, she had never had the chance of finding another broken z-crystal to try out what she had seen herself. As doubts started to crawl back, Veronica decided to ignore those nasty thoughts and try it.

She approached Ryan without a word and placed her hand gently on top of his where he held the Primarinium-Z. Carefully so that he wouldn't react harshly, she closed her hand to pick up the z-crystal. She then brought the crystal a bit closer to herself and started to crush it with both hands. Just... that... and then... this... she tried to use her own power to temporarily force the pieces together as she used her nails to join together the pieces by rock balancing the pieces into one another. With her eyes, she could specifically see where it needed to be cut or lodged into, where the structure of the stone could best fit. It wasn't perfect. It would need a source of water energy to completely restore it - whether it was by leaving it under a water flow for several days or pushing in a water type's power artificially. For now, it had her energy, a mix of ghost and dark and water. Though that wouldn't affect Undine negatively, it wasn't ideal. So Veronica found herself needing to explain as she offered the crystal back to Ryan, "If you want, if you can, channel your own water energy into it. It'll cleanse it and get it back to normal." She hoped that was enough for him to understand. The crystal was letting off steam of foreign energy.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:11 pm
I stood there for a moment wincing just only a brief second when the lights came on. Ein's voice boomed over the PA systems, berating every bit of what we stood for; every syllable that came to us only served to agitate me, making me severely loathe this man like no other. As he rambled on, as I looked about the audience he brought to watch this battle, I could only help but to think for a moment...over the years, every encounter with him was only really a double of some kind; it irritates me thinking back to the 'first' Ein, the one I thought for sure that I brought the most karmic of ends, leaving him to die by the likes of his creations. I was a fool thinking that was the end of him.

I then looked on across the battlefield, looking on to see S-22 once again in the flesh. Its been some time since I laid eyes on this monster. Still the same sensation as last time; rather, lack thereof. Still, me, standing before it wondering if his pressure is too blasted high to be comprehended or just too unnatural to be perceived by conventional means. Worse, I have no doubt since the incident in Sootopolis City that this abomination had gotten even more 'improvements' by the likes of Ein since that day. This battle was going to be severely difficult, probably rivaling the likes of Shadow Mewtwo; where we even had the likes of Legendary Pokemon like Zygarde and Cera, and even then we only just barely made it.

I then had a realization. Once again, my eyes scanned the area, and...no sign of Ein. He was keeping his distance, just as he always did. Probably looking in through a video feed of some sort, perhaps just in case by some miracle things went pear-shaped for S-22. A scientist of his caliber, despite holding all the cards, still knows a minuscule chance of it happening is still a chance none-the-less. I wish I could call back outside, get Tristen or Freth to tear apart the tower and find the b*****d, but even if I could, they're preoccupied trying to make sure this tower doesn't get overrun by Shadow Pokemon galore, just as the others are down below. I could hear them...a desperate last stand. Harrowing, it was. It was just us up here.

As Sub finally made his short speech, I just made a nod. I told him that if I knew threats were to be had, I'd take them on. I wasn't backing out now. I had the mission: Win. Mission Accepted.

Once the Dark Pulse shot rang out, followed by the Dazzling Gleam from the Keiko's Ribombee, I brought my hands together, charged up an Ice Beam and unleashed it from down field. I doubted the likes of this was going to phase that monstrosity too much, but anything was better than nothing at all.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:16 am
Kaya watched the edges of the arena, dropping his helm as the lights came on to hide his face. Whether or not Ein recognized him, he preferred to keep his identity hidden until he either won or died today. After the madman's speech, his blood was boiling. That man wanted them all dead? And for what? Something Sub did decades ago?

And then Sub gave his own little speech and it rang out to him. Sub was right. This wasn't something that was coincidence. Somehow, something Ein had done had caused them all to be here today. Every single member of Snagem that stood on this island today to fight this final battle with the madman was for something he had done to them in some way or another whether they knew it or not. Sub just had a way of picking up on things Ein had done that even his victims might not be aware of. Thinking on it for a brief moment as Sub's speech came to an end, he realized why he was here. His family was guilty by association of this man's same crimes. They were Rockets one and all. He'd been the one to choose to leave that life.

"Win." He repeated. As he drew his longsword, Rise, from it's sheath. "Serena!" He called out, releasing the Sylveon from her Moon Ball. "Use Moonblast!" He directed the Fairy fox. As the Intertwining Pokemon bundled up her energy into a massive orb and flung it toward S-22 to combine with Ryan's Primarina's own, the hybrid turned to the Channeler and saw the broken Z-Crystal in his hand.

Dropping Makoto and Tomoe's Moon Balls as well, he'd given each of them direction. "Makoto, use String Shot and Electro Web on that thing at every opportunity. Slow it down as much as you can but keep your distance. Tomoe, get me over it." He told the pair. The Leavanny nodded and jumped back, spitting sticking threads at S-22's legs anywhere she could get the chance. Tomoe lifted Kaya onto her back and raced toward S-22, rising into the air as she flew. "Good job! Now hang around up here and maintain a Lucky Chant as long as you can. Keep that thing's luck as twisted as possible so we stand the best chance of surviving this. "

"Tossing out Darien's Moon Ball now, he'd speak to his Dunsparce as it struggled to stay in the air. "Use Drill Run on that monster and take me with you!" He'd direct, jumping onto the Land Snake's back as he received a nod in understanding. As the Dunsparce began to fall from the heavens, spinning like a drill and with his drill-tipped tail spinning at maximum speed, Kaya held tightly, his blade glowing with Fairy energy as he prepared to unleash a Play Rough attack in the chaos of the combined attacks already coming at the beast. His hope was that at close range, his magic fingers might be able to pluck some of S-22's external parts free and mess with it's functionality.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:47 pm
SubonicXP
"Dark Pulse." He said in a muted tone but loud enough for his three Dark-types to hear as all three of them fired off a steady stream of pulsating rings of darkness towards S-22, fueled by his own emotions of hate and contempt for the monster's creator. As the Dark Pulses were launched Sub ran forward himself, as any self-respecting commander would do in leading his men and women into battle, himself leading the charge.

TerashiLeonGoken
"I'm sorry, but I need you right now," Keiko admitted, her voice back to normal as she let Hera out of her ball. "Use Close Combat on that Sharpedo hybrid, but don't let it hit you, you might faint right away if that happens."

As Hera rushed off, Keiko let Audrey out of her balls. "If anybody's Pokemon gets hit by that hybrid, use Heal Pulse on them. You might be the diference between them continuing the fight or them fainting if you're quick enough." Keiko opened one more ball, revealling Cutie, her Ribombee. "I want you firing DazzlingGleam at that hybrid from a long distance. Evasion is your priority, but attack as much as you can. Don't you dare get hit by that thing, okay?"

"Audi!" Audrey chirped, charging a Heal Pulse right away and keeping her eyes glued on the arena, ready to heal whoever was the first to get struck by S-22. Cutie nodded, then flew up a bit, and fired a DazzlingGleam at S-22 in a series of assaults against it. As ordered, though, she kept as far away from it as she could without leaving DazzlingGleam's range.
Blizzard120

Once the Dark Pulse shot rang out, followed by the Dazzling Gleam from the Keiko's Ribombee, I brought my hands together, charged up an Ice Beam and unleashed it from down field. I doubted the likes of this was going to phase that monstrosity too much, but anything was better than nothing at all.
Requiem of Whyspers
Dropping Makoto and Tomoe's Moon Balls as well, he'd given each of them direction. "Makoto, use String Shot and Electro Web on that thing at every opportunity. Slow it down as much as you can but keep your distance. Tomoe, get me over it." He told the pair. The Leavanny nodded and jumped back, spitting sticking threads at S-22's legs anywhere she could get the chance. Tomoe lifted Kaya onto her back and raced toward S-22, rising into the air as she flew. "Good job! Now hang around up here and maintain a Lucky Chant as long as you can. Keep that thing's luck as twisted as possible so we stand the best chance of surviving this. "

"Tossing out Darien's Moon Ball now, he'd speak to his Dunsparce as it struggled to stay in the air. "Use Drill Run on that monster and take me with you!" He'd direct, jumping onto the Land Snake's back as he received a nod in understanding. As the Dunsparce began to fall from the heavens, spinning like a drill and with his drill-tipped tail spinning at maximum speed, Kaya held tightly, his blade glowing with Fairy energy as he prepared to unleash a Play Rough attack in the chaos of the combined attacks already coming at the beast. His hope was that at close range, his magic fingers might be able to pluck some of S-22's external parts free and mess with it's functionality.

S-22 stands stock-still, watching the onslaught of strings and beams and pulses and attacks rain down on him from every side, until...

DignityPower
Veronica contemplated her next move. She sent out her Flygon and Infernape. "Fly up," she commanded as BlackCrystal came out. The Flygon impulsed himself up into the air, circling around the arena and watched as everything started. The darkness pulsated forward. Then a black cloud ran down to the Sharpedo like a bullet.

As the Zoroark impacted his body, S-22 bent with the blow, not allowing the Shadow Pokemon to retreat back into the sky but rather cradling the impact from the bespectacled dragon and twisting it into momentum. He seizes the Pokemon by the tail in a move fast enough to create a thunderclap of wind as his hand breaks the sound barrier briefly. Twirling the Dark-type like a makeshift flail by his rudder the Sharpedo hybrid swats aside every single projectile coming towards him - brutally utilizing the Zoroark as both a shield and a weapon, not hesitating to smash the poor thing face first into each and every attack. Some of them were heavily super effective against the Dark-type, but it didn't matter just on sheer volume alone. There was no emotion, no urgency to his attack, just blinding speed as he batted away each and every flash of energy and close-combat attacker (those that still approached) as soon as they neared his body - pulverizing the Pokemon against the ground between swats. Hopefully those Heal Pulses were worth something.

RCCaughtem
Ryan was getting sick to his stomach just listening to Ein. The man was a madman, no way around it!

Once Ryan saw the cameras though he quickly turned his back to them and retrieved his Suicune mask from his pack and put it on. Damn this man! He was on the verge of undoing all the work he had done off in Sinnoh with this stunt!

Once he had his mask secured Ryan would turn back and stand ready for the coming fight, grasping tightly onto Undine's Pokeball.

"your words are as hollow as this Tower, yeah? You are nothing but a deluded madman! And I cannot let you threaten the peace we have fought so hard to keep! Let's go! Undine!" Ryan shouts and tosses out the pokeball, expecting his Brionne to come out. But what emerged through a blinding light was different. "Primarina!" Undine cries as she takes the field. She had evolved since Ryan had last used her! (earned through approved Side RP exp, approved by the Dark One)

Ryan places a hand on Undine's shoulder. "Look at you! You're fully evolved now! So let this ugly shark have it! Moonblast!" Ryan says as he steps back.

Undine nods and focuses a massive blast of Fairy Chi down upon S-22.

Ryan fishes the broken Primarinium-Z out of his pocket and looks at it in his hand. If only this wasn't broken he could truly show off Undine's new strength!

DignityPower
She approached Ryan without a word and placed her hand gently on top of his where he held the Primarinium-Z. Carefully so that he wouldn't react harshly, she closed her hand to pick up the z-crystal. She then brought the crystal a bit closer to herself and started to crush it with both hands. Just... that... and then... this... she tried to use her own power to temporarily force the pieces together as she used her nails to join together the pieces by rock balancing the pieces into one another. With her eyes, she could specifically see where it needed to be cut or lodged into, where the structure of the stone could best fit. It wasn't perfect. It would need a source of water energy to completely restore it - whether it was by leaving it under a water flow for several days or pushing in a water type's power artificially. For now, it had her energy, a mix of ghost and dark and water. Though that wouldn't affect Undine negatively, it wasn't ideal. So Veronica found herself needing to explain as she offered the crystal back to Ryan, "If you want, if you can, channel your own water energy into it. It'll cleanse it and get it back to normal." She hoped that was enough for him to understand. The crystal was letting off steam of foreign energy.

Meanwhile, two combatants were going to be learning very shortly something that it was easy to forget about the monster they were facing. S-22 may be very ferocious and incredibly strong. But he also wasn't dumb. Mostly the opposite in fact. Finished with the Zoroark for the moment he rifles the Pokemon back towards Veronica with a flick of his wrist - the impact and momentum sure to carry both of them back into one of the arena walls and through it if it hit clean. At the same time, the Sharpedo hybrid finally made his first move, though if you blinked you might miss it. In the half second between the Poke-missile hitting home and the Z-Crystal making its way to Ryan, S-22 had crossed the room and snatched the thing for himself in one meaty fist, mere blurry afterimages following in his wake from the speed. Without pausing to allow any time to react he brings that same fist up and uppercuts Ryan in the chest - rather than, luckily, fatally the jaw - having had to stoop to catch the falling crystal. The impact of the punch would no doubt feel like being hit with a sledgehammer, but it also pops him out and up above the honeycombs of the arena with sheer brute force alone - his body looking like it was heading out over the edge of Realgam Tower. Somebody was probably going to need to catch him.

With a ferocious roar of blue flame, Darts leaps from among the Snagems still gathered near the elevator as he unleashes his Outrage. For all the good it was going to do him - as soon as he approached S-22, there was another blur of movement and despite the jacketed wonder's maximum efforts, blue flames spouting from his elbows as he forced Dragon energy into his hands to maintain his strength, the Sharpedo hybrid had pinned him to the ground and was making good headway on wrapping its meaty fingers through the crevace in the gambler's golden crest. The Giratina hybrid's grunts of struggle quickly turning to shrieks of pain as S-22's massive fingers grasped beneath both sides of the opening where his red eyes were. With a heave of muscles he began to tug, attempting to crack the crest in half like a soft-shell Krabby. Given the fight Darts was putting up to prevent his eyes getting scooped free, the beast seemed to think this tactic next most effective.  

Atlantis_Darts
Crew

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:19 pm
Aira would take a moment as Ein was going on and on about how he, the crazed man who mutates people into giant shark-things and creates Pokemon who are solely based around fighting and kill, was the hero and a totally rational and upstanding guy and examine the crowd. And she felt her blood boiling. He was turning a place of entertainment and the people who go there into some show of much 'better' and 'smarter' his methods were. And she wasn't going to simply stand by while someone took an audience, the one single thing she knew how to play to, and turned them into simple set dressing for their own ego. So she was going to make sure to burn through all of this pretense with everyone if it killed her. She was not letting this injustice towards audiences stand.

She still needed a moment to pluck up the courage to match her outrage. So even as she watched S-22 spring into action and she grabbed her Pokeballs out, she muttered and hummed to herself, "Don't wanna be an Orrean idiot. Don't want a nation under Cipher's new media. And can you hear the sound of hysteria? The subliminal ******** Orre, yeah." Feeling herself beginning to settle into a more confident posture, she snapped open a pair of Pokeballs and felt herself snarling towards Ein, S-22, Cipher, and anyone that stood against them right now.

Turning towards Ein, Aria would simply snap her fingers and glare towards one of the cameras as she extended a middle finger to point directly towards the recording device. "Showtime's over. Unfortunately, we aren't going to simply stand by and let some delusional authoritarian with a penchant for horrific mutation run anything besides laps in a padded cell. So, time to show what the patron saints of none of the above can do to help out the world." Aria snarled out, her Pangoro and Noivern standing strong behind her. With her little shout over with, Aria turned to her Pokemon before snarling out, "Round! Lets do this!"

Suigetsu and Vibrato would both react immediately, unleashing a sonic assault that was aimed towards S-22 and kept interacting with itself to push its own sonic power beyond anything that the two Pokemon might otherwise be able to generate. And even if the field-wide blast of noise and distortion that was aimed at the giant shark proved less than effective, something that seemed unlikely given the the amount of Sharpedo he seemed to possess in his biology, then she could at least be certain that this would be cutting off one of the abomination's senses for a moment to allow the others to do something. Anything.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:40 pm
I managed, albeit barely, to keep up with S-22's moves. The sheer speed and fluidity of every action, all unwasted, all accomplishing an objective. I couldn't even really tell much of anything the last encounter with him; just the fact that I could actually see his actions was an improvement in and of itself. I want to chalk it up to the experiences and prowess I gained over these past years, but then, it could be merely S-22 not getting even remotely warmed up yet. The fight only just started, after all. Either way, it was only a cold comfort, however. That only just meant I could see how he could beat me into submission, if not outright kill me, if I wasn't careful. Worse still, I was left almost at a loss as to how in the hell any one or combination of us could take him out. However it was to be done, I knew it had to be done with maximum damage in mind. Attack to kill, nothing less. Otherwise, he wouldn't budge from the likes of any other attack.

I watched as Darts jumped into the fray with such a thing in mind. His Outrage. But I instantly went wide-eyed and started to rush for the monster as soon as his Outrage was reduced to a mere dragon whelp's tantrum. I dashed full speed with Agility to the two of them. I had to get S-22 off of Darts. With him hunched over to pin Darts, and to subsequently crush the Giratina hybrid's skull, I re-appeared beside S-22 and drove a knee right for the cyborg's head in an attempt to get his attention off of the Giratina hybrid.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Cecile Silverstone

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:49 pm
Ulla and Lucario were both stunned when the lights suddenly turned on. Lucario quickly got into a protective stance in front of his Master as she looked around, this was her actual first encounter with Ein. And it terrified her. Just hearing the stories from different Snagems sent shivers down her spine. She then felt a sudden rush of emotions as cameras and a crowd of slaves emerged. The child looked around as if she could feel the pain each slave went through. It was enough to make her fall to her knees. "Master?!" He quickly turned around to make sure she was okay as she was covering her ears. "Lucario...don't you feel that? Don't you feel their aura?" He couldn't help but nod, but he was more focused on her state of mind. Both of them listened to Ein's voice go on about completely taking them out of existence as she then heard Sub's voice.

His words were able to snap her out of her fear as she looked at everyone else's determination. All of the Snagems then ran at S-22 ready to beat him down. A Sharpedo cyborg hybrid that the child has never seen before, but the team has crossed paths with him several times already. She watched as the monster was standing still until it lashed out with no remorse what so ever. Both of them were stunned. "Master what do we do? That thing didn't even flinch with all of them there." "Play support. We got to beat that thing with smarts not just brute force. But first.." She started looking around the crowd. Blusix said that his brothers were captured. And she made a promise that she would get them back. "Let's cut the live feed, we are not going to let Ein have his ways. And I'm not sure if any of these people can even walk, but lets try to break them out that way we won't have to worry about any of them getting hit by any of us. If we can't do that, I have another idea."

Lucario nodded as both of them went a separate direction from the fight as they were going for the cameras. "Lucario Bone Rush let's go!" Lucario summoned a long bone staff as he swung it at a few cameras to break them. Meanwhile close by, Ulla went down into the crowd to investigate more what exactly she was dealing with. She looked back at the battle as things were getting worse. "If I could make a Healing Circle for all of these people, we wouldn't have a problem...we would have our on army. But that would be risky on my part, plus I'm only able to use it on people that I am familiar with." She said to herself as she thought to disrupt S-22 to give her team time to breathe for a second.

She held out her hands as a pink swirl started to surround her as another much larger pink swirl started to form around the monster Hybrid. It started to give off a sweet scent as the Fairy Channeler was using Sparkly Swirl.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:11 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Cosmo was proud of making somewhat of a dent on the enemy, until he was grabbed on by S-22. He was swept to one side, his face was dragged along the ground making the dust puffed up and as his body was brought up he started taking incoming hits. Something in his body made a snap as the Sharpedo flung him over to block another attack. Even the Zoroark's great eye seeing limit, getting spun around made it a challenge to try to do anything against the incoming attacks. The attacks had been aimed with force for such a menacing enemy, that if any excess energy passed Cosmo it wouldn't do a scratch. Which was too bad considering how his own attack had some effect. There was nothing he could do but he hadn't given up spirit. At least he had to get out of the Sharpedo's grasp, and he would only have a small window to try. Until then, he didn't fight it; he knew it would be worst to thrash around. Luckily, S-22 decided to let him go -- granted, as a proyectile.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Veronica instinctively put up a Detect wall, though it had only been enough to stop Cosmo from pushing RC and her against the wall it meant he would be the one getting crushed. She didn't have time to attend to the fainted Zoroark and instead focused on the Sharpedo that had suddenly appeared before them. She jumped back, letting the Sharpedo make his move on Ryan in order to successfully send out her Jellicent. "Take that crystal inside you!" She ordered, knowing full well of what it meant after what happened with Cosmo. The Jellicent Spirit floated into the Sharpedo and made a fight for the z-crystal, clinging in any way he could. The movement of the Sharpedo's actions helped the Jelicent to swallow the z-crystal with its ghost-water body. Though looking at the scene itself, the Jellicent stopped looking like a Jellicent and seemed more like a deformed ditto as it seeped parts of its body into S-22's fist. As Spirit started to lose some of his solid properties to reach the crystal better with each second that passed, the Jellicent pulsated the extra water into a wave of Surf to midly annoy the Sharpedo's sight. Both Spirit and Veronica shared a glance for a moment, knowing what was about to happen but accepting that it had to be done - it was the only way to prevent the worst outcome or, at least, Veronica wasn't about to let the enemy have it easy.

As she took a moment to think, she recalled Cosmo. At least the Healing Pulse kept him from death. As the others began to react, she knew more attacks might start coming in so she decided to restrain from entering the battle herself. "Chi," her Infernape had almost caught up to her position in desperation to protect her. "Mach Punch, I want that crystal back." Veronica said. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Once she confirmed that Chi heard her, she started to fall back and looked up to find her Flygon. Once their eyes met, she pointed at Ryan.

Having been observing for a long while, the Flygon instantly understood what she wanted. BlackCrystal sharply changed directions midair and flew to Ryan, catching him in a manner that made them swirl down for several seconds before the Flygon managed to stabilized his flight again. The Flygon started to bring Ryan back and focused on his own path back to the fight. He would simply drop Ryan down as soon as they were close enough to the ground, hopefully Ryan could catch his footing or he would be rolling. In the minutes to follow, BlackCrystal would continue in a low flight, straight for the Sharpedo. He would aimed a Dragon Pulse as soon as he found a clear shot and take an exit route back to the sky afterwards.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Meanwhile, the Infernape had taken a priority shot at both S-22 and Spirit, though it wasn't a move that would affect Spirit, it provided him with the speed to get as close as anyone could in that time frame. It wasn't a smart idea after what happened to Cosmo but it wasn't like Veronica had a choice. Still, Veronica had carefully thought through all of her decisions and her pokemon trusted her. Once Chi arrived at Spirit's side, he would try to open the S-22's fists with his fighting power, at least enough to help the Jellicent get inside and push out.

Veronica kept stepping back as the others got closer to the Sharpedo, trying to catch her breath and rethink the strategies she had in mind. "Cherry," she gritted her teeth and send out her shadow Absol. The Absol had been working its way to purification and maybe carried enough will power to listen to her - Veronica hoped. "Get behind the Sharpedo, then attack with the worst you've got." There was a look in her serious look in her eyes that showed she was willing to do anything to win this. It was a gamble to use Cherry as it was to use Cosmo.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. The Absol flashed away in the darkness, in a similar fashion to how the Zoroark had gone away. Only Cherry wasn't such a dumb brute like the Zoroark, she never intended to get so close to an enemy like the Sharpedo to feel threatened. Instead, she followed orders to the bare minimum. In time, she would find the perfect spot from behind the Sharpedo - which alone took far too long in Veronica's opinion. If Veronica wanted an attack, then Cherry would make an attack. As the Absol would end up moving last, at least it was before the Sharpedo's next big attack: Shadow Rave. The darkness travelled through the ground and random, sharp spikes started to emerge one by one, caring less if it hit an ally or two as Cherry only aimed for the Sharpedo's general location. (4/10) All things considered, it would probably work best on the Sharpedo to do such random attacks though Veronica would not be happy with the lack of control.  

DignityPower

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:43 pm
Aile took a deep breath as the elevator opened, slowly following the rest of the group. She flinched and shut one of her eyes when the bright lights came on, blinking rapidly as her eyes adjusted. “Of course,” she muttered, once S-22 rose up into the arena in his glass holding cell. Ein was really getting on her last nerve, as she was ready to be done with him once the cameras came online and the spectators came out. “Talk about a damned captive audience. a*****e.” The woman’s eyes scanned the bleachers, praying to see no one she recognized, as hard as it probably was to tell, before turning her attention to the attacking cyborg hybrid. “Tatooine, Sarlaac, you two are up!” With her good arm, she grabbed the two Pokémon’s orbs and threw them out bringing forth her own Flygon and her Palossand. “Everyone, shield your eyes. Sarlaac, Sandstorm! Tati, Earth Power!”

Tatooine would act, first, zipping over to get a better view of S-22 and Darts, trying to make sure that their ally wasn’t too horribly affected by the attack, as a blast of ground energy would come up out from underneath the cyborg shark man. A Sandstorm would brew soon after that, sand whipping through the arena and allowing the Palossand to blend into the storm a bit. Hopefully, it could be useful in more ways it would be detrimental.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:17 pm
Sub continued to run towards S-22 until the monster began to act, swinging one of Veronica's Pokemon around like a club to soak up the attacks they launched at it, the poor creature just barely staying conscious thanks to a well time Heal Pulse. Before he could do anything else himself Darts came charging past them all to meet S-22 with his most powerful move; Outrage. Despite good and well the monstrous strength the cyborg possessed he was still taken back how easily he put an end to Darts' Outrage, making him look like anything but a legendary hybrid in the process. Now with Darts in his grip Sub knew he had to do something and fast before they lost one of their own just in the first few minutes of engagement.

"Nevermore, take flight and give me a better view. Tamerlane, you go low, use Dig. Griswold, let's go." He ordered his Pokemon in mid-run. With a squawked his Murkrow would flap her wings hard and rocket up into the air above the arena, finding a good vantage point to hover at, her eyes giving off a faint glow as began to share her sight with the Dark One via his Dark Channeling. Next came Tamerlane, the Pangoro stopping his run ahead of Sub and with a roar before to rapidly dig into the arena floor, disappearing into a hole in the ground. After seeing two of his Pokemon head off in different directions his Spiritomb would cackle before stretching its mouth open wide and arch over from behind Sub, 'swallowing' him whole before disappearing into a shadow on the ground taking the Snagem leader with him.

As Blizzard delivered a knee to its head, Aria's Pokemon attempted to rattle its eardrums, Ulla attempted to attack its Dark nature with Fairy energy, Veronica's Pokemon delivered a multi-pronge assault, and just before Tatooine erupted a surge of Earth Power against the cyborg, the familiar face of a certain Spiritomb would take form on the ground beneath Darts having arrived via Shadow Sneak. Rising up on either side of Darts, from the mouth of the ghoulish face, were two arms. Sub would attempt to pull Darts into Griswold's maul the moment S-22 was distracted by the barrage of attacks. If successful he and Darts would slip away into Griswold's ghostly form who would whisk them away into the shadows, slip across the ground back further away from where S-22 was conducting battle.

The trip would probably be far lesser disorienting for someone like Darts who was already accustomed to similar travel, the Spiritomb rising up out of the ground on the other side of the arena before spitting out his occupants safely away from the hellish cyborg and where the Sandstorm now raged. "Aren't there better ways to commit suicide!?" Sub scolded Darts once, and if, they made it away safely.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

RCCaughtem

Interesting Guildsman

5,200 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Married 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:58 pm
Ryan had not expected S-22 to be able to focus in on hin and Veronica through the onslaught of attacks that had been thrown at him. He didn't even see the punch that stunned him and sent him airborne. It wasn't until the Flygon had caught him, that he would snap back to his senses.

It would be then that he would realize he had lost the Primarinium-Z. As he combat rolls to the ground he looks back over to Veronica, even for the smallest glimmer of hope. 'No. Not like this. Not after everything Undine and his pokemon had gone through to earn that!' Ryan thinks in a dead panic.

"Undine! Moonblast! Come on out Rin Jin!" Ryan says in a fury as he produces a Medusa Whip from his gourd as his Jellicent comes out. "Rin Jin. Focus with me to inflict as nasty of a curse as possible!" Ryan says as he latches the Whip around S-22's throat. " Ryan you can't-" Rin Jin starts. "I don't care! Do it, Rin Jin!" Ryan roars. Rin Jin nods then channeling through his trainer, sends a powerful rush of cursed energy through his trainer and the whip to inflict great harm upon the Sharpedo Hybrid.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:20 pm
Kaya was knocked aside with incredible ease, alongside Darien. In the flurry of attacks and the blow to the head that sent him flailing across the arena floor, the Klefki hybrid couldn’t tell exactly what had happened until his world stopped spinning. The next thing he saw clearly was a second wave of attacks as S-22 tried to rip Darts’ skull apart. “No!” He screamed as he shot bolt upright, throwing his right hand into the air, he quickly switched his sword hand and focused Fairy energy into his now-open palm. By the time the others attacks had taken their toll, he sent a singular spark of light flying straight toward S-22’s face from the center of his palm. It would arrive just as Sub attempted to pull Darts to freedom and erupt into a violent, dazzling light show overflowing with the Fairy Energy charged into that singularity. The cyborg’s robotic eyes should still be capable of being temporarily overloaded, shouldn’t they? Even the most advanced modern, digital cameras took a few seconds to bring focus back when their white balance was thrown off. Even a moment of blindness might give them the chance to really hit S-22 hard before it could fight back.

Dropping his last unused Moon Ball, Kaya recalled Darien a moment later, the Dunsparce rattled too hard by that defense from S-22 to try and keep fighting for the moment. As Jupiter popped out of his ball, Kaya looked over to him. “Use Pin Missile.” He told the Chespin. “Aim for the big brute!” Jupiter nodded and his head spikes began to glow brightly with Bug energy before explosive missile-like needles fired off from them in erratic trajectories, all aiming to strike at S-22 from different angles.

“Makoto, use Energy Ball!” He directed his Leavanny to fire off a bullet of Grass energy. She nodded and , crossing her scythe-like arms, she formed a condensed sphere of solar energy in the notches in them, firing the dense orb at the shark cyborg in an effort to whittle it’s energy down.

“Tomoe, Use Mirror Move on Audino and help out with those Heal Pulses!” He called up to his Togekiss flying overhead. Tomoe nodded and her wings flashed with a silvery, mirror-like sheen that reflected the Heal Pulse Audrey was using. She aimed to use it on anything she could to double up on the restoration.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Not a Noise

Friendly Puppy

9,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:33 am
Overwhelmed.

That was the feeling the Pachirisu hybrid felt as soon as she walked onto that area, as soon as she's standing with her team, as soon as the bright lights of that arena erupt and the man whose caused all this pain and suffering appears in voice. Rhyme's too caught up in her surroundings, thankful for Ryan's help staunching the wound on her arm....

What sort of sick man terrorizes a whole community? She flashbacks briefly to the thought of Hansel and Gretel and her in the labs, she thinks to the cannon, she thinks to the battle for black city.

And realizes that she is left to help write the story, for better or for worse. Zekroms' talk to her about judgement and ideals...this is what they were truly fighting against. This is what they were trying to keep from existing.

Men like Ein.

And when they create.....her heart skips multiple beats at the sight of S-22. No, she can't. She won't. They have to go all out on this or die trying. She begins sparking, gathering up her fear in a kinetic energy to let loose one of her stronger attacks, trying to hone in on that single point. They had to protect their world. They just...there was no other choice.

Her hand slips to her backpack, and she touches it. Oh goodness.

She remembers retrieving this after Black City. She remembers black city itself, hunting for the mirror....

A deep breath in and out. Stashes it in her pocket. She may need it.  
Team Mission Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff