Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Anakumath's Touching] Come Forth to Contemplate Stars Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:52 am
Finnisa - HR - She/Her
A little bubble of amusement rose up in Finnisa's heart at Lisa Frank's feelings. Well of course you're the best one I've touched so far! It was a plain statement of fact, and she gave the egg a few more mollifying strokes. I'm sure that everyone else touching you thinks the exact same as well. It's a shame you can only pick one of us... but then, I'm sure that you'll pick the best one, right? Best candidate for the best egg? I'll be waiting to see who the lucky one is, you can count on that, she promised the egg, with a bemused crinkle of her nose. It really was a lovely egg... but she should probably move on. It had ample admirers now, and with the golden mother suddenly moving in, she gave it one last pat of fondness before quietly stepping out of the away.

Where next? She hadn't thought about it really. Hmm... Well, Rainbow was nearby, and brightly colored too. She'd had some good luck with the first egg, and was feeling a bit more confident now and at ease. She was something of an old hand at this by now, wasn't she? Or at least she knew better what she was doing. Hello there, sweet thing. Doing okay so far? She slid a palm along the shell, stroking the marking on it before giving it a pat on its crown. Can you feel that? I mean, I'm sure you can, but... is it alright? I won't do it again if that was too much, promise!

Zelaya - HR - She/Her & They/Them
Oh, that's lovely... I'm glad today is going well for you. Zelaya gently stroked Happy Ghost's shell, obligingly offering up her impressions of the others she'd touched so far. All lovely, very polite, and surely going to be a fine, hearty clutch that any Weyr on Pern would be proud to have in their ranks. They had some pride in them, the ones she'd touched, but in her opinion it was well-deserved; they were, after all, dragons—even if they weren't shelled yet—and they would all go on to do great things. Why not be proud of who and what they were, and were going to be? And you too, certainly—I know we all are waiting to see just what you'll do, once you're out here with us. I'll be watching for you.

She gave Happy Ghost one last affirming pat, and then gently disengaged to move on. There were still so many eggs to meet after all, and it was only polite to spread her attentions around unless one wanted her to stay put longer. Which next? Orange Slice was large and bright, and she moved to find an empty space on its shell to gingerly stroke a palm along. Hello in there. Are you holding up alright? I wanted to come and say hello, and see how you're doing. She did genuinely care for the wellbeing of all the eggs... they were the future champions of Pern, after all! You know, you're one of the larger eggs in your clutch. I wonder if it's more comfortable for you in there with a bit more room? I hope so.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:55 am
Star Egg

It is not arrogance to know that I know what is best, but wisdom, the being within the egg asserted. 'Impertinence'? Hmph! Such crass behavior. Star expected better. They could be so much more than...this. But it was above wasting its time on such a fruitless exchange, especially with the duty of meeting Candidates to see to, and mentally turned away from Lisa Frank.

It was confident that Mother and Father would deal with the situation appropriately, as was their own duty. But...but Mother didn't? Gut-wrenching disappointment - more than that, a sense of betrayal - seized Star, and it curled in on itself, utterly heartbroken.

Any Candidates who touched it now would receive no response, as it did its best to wall itself off and keep from affecting them with its feelings.

x Mr Cheri

x demon_pachabel

x Tsunake

Until further notice, any Candidates who touch Star will get nothing.  

Meepfur
Crew

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:56 am
Ara - she/her | Western

The brownrider who had flown Ara to High Reaches, R'bin of brown Huarangith, had remembered Ara's name and his dragon had wished her luck, so by the time Ara filed onto the sands with her fellow candidates, her mood was light and airy. She had done this a few times now, and she was a bit more confident that she wasn't going to do anything wrong - not that most of the things one could do wrong at a touching were things Ara was inclined to do anyway - and she was prepared to be open to this wonderful experience. It never failed to delight her that, with dragons, it was possible to meet them (after a fashion) before they were out in the world, and that she was one of the humans privileged to be permitted to do so.

So many of the eggs this time had fascinating patterns, it was difficult for Ara to even figure out which one was first to draw her eye. Until suddenly it wasn't, and she realized that as she'd been trying to work it out, her gaze had lingered on the Orange Slice Egg, and so it was to that enormous egg she made her way first.

With a pleasant, though still somehow bland expression, Ara waited until the other candidates who had been quicker to decide on their course and shared her attraction to the Orange Slice Egg moved on, then she took her turn, touching it lightly at first with just her fingertips, then sliding them apart so that her callused hands rested flat against the curve of the shell.

"Hello," she whispered. "I am so pleased to be here. Did you know that your egg is the color of the sun first thing in the morning? It's eye-catching."

All right, so it was an inane topic, but Ara was much better at exchanging polite pleasantries than having serious conversations, and better still at being silent, which would not be appropriate in this instance, since the point was for the eggs to have a chance to get a feel for her mind.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:07 am
Heida -- HR, she/her

The Toadstool Egg seemed a pleasant enough egg, and Heida puffed up a little with pride at how it seemed to feel that she was bold and full of love and positivity. "I'm sorry you had some disappointment," she murmured to the baby inside. "Though I'm glad you're finding your surroundings comfortable and warm. Yes, important things are happening today! Me meeting you, for one!" Gently she stroked the spotted shell. "I hope everyone you meet is being kind to you and your siblings. You all deserve kindness."

With that, she removed her hand from the egg and looked around. There was a bit of hubbub going on around the large Sunshine Egg, but it didn't seem close enough to affect her mentally -- which was good, it meant the eggs further away from Sunshine might not be affected either. Just the same, Heida kept her distance, moving to visit the nearby Black Cat Egg. "Hello, little one. I hope you're having a pleasant day."

~~~~~~~
Lojze -- HR, he/him

Lojze could sense that the little egg was distracted by whatever was disturbing a couple of its siblings. He hoped it wasn't anything that was going to cause the Touching to be halted early, and kept his hand on the Happy Ghost Egg's shell. "If you want me to leave you alone, I will. I don't want to cause you any distress, or add to whatever you're distracted by right now..." It did please him that the baby inside the egg was so alert to trouble -- that bode well for a fighting dragon.

Still and all, he decided that retreat was sometimes the better part of valor, and stepped away from the egg. Looking around, he noticed the minor commotion going on nearby and felt a slight anxiety welling up in him that he was pretty sure caused by one of the eggs. Lojze made the decision to avoid the problem spot, around the bright yellow Sunshine Egg, and head for the Rainbow Egg. Surely this was far enough away. "Hello and welcome," he said softly as he touched the shell. "Hope the day is going well for you."  

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:41 am
Faustell He/him

Amusement filtered through Faustell's thoughts, though it certainly wasn't at the egg's expense. Rather, it was as if there was a joke for the two of them to share. "What do you want to know? Shall I tell you about what I did before I came to the Weyr?" the Candidate asked, although he was certain the baby knew. Did it, perhaps, want to know about his craft? Or simply his experiences? Where did one start? "You're a little young to know all of the details, but..." He let the egg experience some of the glamor and intrigue of being a courtesan, sharing some choice memories with the Eggplant egg.

Kedah She/her - High Reaches

What a sweet egg! Kedah gave a warm chuckle, stroking the egg's shell. "Ah, little darlin', I think your new friend will be all right. Don't you worry." Although she didn't know exactly what would keep the 90s Picture Day egg appeased, she appreciated its friendly nature. "Little egg, it's certainly a good day for me. Meeting such a nice egg would make anyone happy." Now here was the question... was the egg having a good time so far? Had everyone been kind to it? Hopefully they'd been keeping in mind everything F'dral had said. If they weren't, she hoped the egg wasn't too bothered. It was such a pleasant egg, after all. Surely anyone would like it.

Yunara She/her - High Reaches

Oh no! Oh dear! The little Sunshine egg had seemed so happy a moment before, and Yunara had been delighted that the first egg she'd ever touched had approved of her. But now... now, she could tell that it was very upset. "It's okay, little one," the girl said, kneeling down so that she could press her hands gently against its shell. "It will be all right. See? Your mama will make sure of it." For she could feel Anakumath's wash of maternal love. Pushing past her own complicated emotions surrounding family, she dwelt in the moment, in the knowledge that no matter what, she had Alusia now. Just as this egg had Anakumath, and surely no other Candidate was truly alone. This was not the time to remember what Thread had stolen from her - and undoubtedly from so many others. Weren't they here for that reason? To make sure it didn't keep happening to others? The egg was projecting its emotions and Yunara remembered what Master F'dral had said. Hadn't he said that the eggs would be sensitive? It was up to her, to all of them, to maintain control so an innocent dragonet did not get to share in past pain.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:16 pm
Elzebuth

The bulky dragon pushed himself to his feet now, having been watching the Candidates as they wandered here and there among their beloved clutch. His eyes remained a steady green, but now purple hues began to swirl through them as he carefully moved across the sands. Every egg he passed would receive a wave of love and pride, though he did finally come to gently press his nose to Star. The candidates nearby the egg had been given a glance, but Elzebuth knew they had done no harm.

My clever dear. He praised gently. What a fine example you've set for everyone today. Your mother and I love you very much. He understood all too well the upsets that came when experiencing so many strong emotions, and he was not asking for his little one to simply shrug off its hurt. Your mother has things well in hand, I promise. She will make certain that all is well.

Meepfur
Love for baby.

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:26 pm
Haveli - she/her

The irritation she suddenly felt was probably not all her own, yet she couldn't pin the entire sensation on just the egg. The dragonets within had their own reasons for responses, their own pushes and feels towards what was being given, so if the dragonet was irritated and Haveli was irritated, it was most likely a give and take share. That was what Haveli could think anyway, what should would, as the irksome emotion had her pull her hand away without even bothering to give her leave. If the egg wanted her gone, or if this irritation she felt in her stomach wanted her gone, she'd go.

It was time to move on anyway, no point in lingering, and she moved off towards what probably were better eggs and better chances and literally anything other than being irritated. Maybe she'd get sunshine again, or questions, or even more....

No, no. Now that she was away from the egg the feeling was subsiding, the growl gone, but it would lurk in the back of her mind for a while. Had she always been so easily influenced or was she depending too hard on these eggs right now? Setting a hand atop the shell of the Eggplant Egg, she asked the same question. Unintentionally, but still with a bit of hope. Is it wrong to hope I could be chosen this time around? That you and your siblings might give me the time of day? I mean obvious there are dozens of us out here all hoping for the same thing, and I can wait for it but...

Ugh, what a horrible thing to say to an egg who had no control over it all. Sorry, never mind that. Best to chalk it up to me being nervous and excited at seeing all of you break your shells and come out onto the sands. Do you look forward to it? It's okay not to, if you don't want.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:10 pm
Elibrie - she/her

Orange Slice was...was wonderful, and Elibrie could feel herself starting to fall all over again. Which she knew, from prior experience, to be most unwise, so she tucked it away and smiled for the egg. I'd never thought of it that way. Thank you. You've been very kind.

After sending Orange Slice the mental equivalent of a chaste kiss on the cheek, Elibrie stepped away for a moment, intending to gather herself before moving on. Which was about when Anakumath and Elzebuth started moving amongst the clutch to tend to certain eggs in need, so she stayed put until it looked like they'd reached their respective destinations. Eventually, the young girl practically tiptoed her way to Black Cat egg, dark and mysterious as it was, and offered a mental gesture akin to a curtsy. Hello. I hope you're doing alright, especially with everything that's going on. If it's not a good time, I could come back later...

Nisadee - she/her

Yes, I could, Nisadee agreed with a fond pat for Corn Egg's shell. Not that the eggs couldn't see them all regardless of whether or not she tried to hide them, but going forward from there...yes, she would have someone to tell all her future secrets. I wish you the best in finding Yours. Thank you for talking with me. But it was time, at last, to move on. Corn had someone to look for, and Nisadee owed the other eggs at least as much attention as she had the first. And eggs were upset, and the parents were on the move!

Carefully, the young woman skirted around the edges of the commotion, and found herself drawn to the Lisa Frank Egg, with stripes that reminded her of a feline, beautiful and dangerous. And she, well...she'd always been drawn to dangerous things. It was something of a family trait. (Not that the egg was necessarily a dangerous thing, as she knew shells were no indication of what waited inside, but the resemblance certainly drew the eye.) With utmost respect and admiration, she laid her hand against its shell, ready to surrender up whatever it might wish.

Relku - he/him

Relku blinked owlishly at Funfetti Egg's sheer enthusiasm, but soon smiled. While somewhat unexpected, it was no less welcome. I can stay for a little bit, he decided - in fact, it was probably best he did regardless, as other eggs were upset and their parents were on the move! In fact, the greatest distress was pouring off Funfetti's neighbor, the sweet Sunshine egg he'd only just left. He felt a pang of sympathy and concern, and was close enough to catch the feelings of panic and distress.

He fought it back, torn between removing his hand from Funfetti just in case, and leaving it there because he'd just told it he'd stay awhile. Are you alright? Is it- Do you still want me to stay? I'd like to hear a story, if you still want to tell one, but I'll go if it's better for you if I leave.  

Meepfur
Crew

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:00 pm
Black Cat Egg
This was the first candidate that had stayed with it, the first one that had acquiesced to it's request and Kinyegele was wrapped in all the indulgent adoration the egg could muster in waves and waves. Not only had she stayed she'd shined it up. What a dear! Oh now it would shine and be the brightest ever with her care. Oh do stay, stay and share it's spotlight, if ever there was someone that the egg was happy to share with it was her!

Avocado Egg
Awed silence met Draza's example of what the sky looked like, the sky that now the little egg was excited to see. It looked beautiful. While the egg had no experiences outside meeting the candidates with to use for these "icebreakers" it would work on it so that when it met the woman again it would be able to use one! Yes, once it figured out what color of sky it liked the best, she would see!
demon_pachabel

Avocado Egg
Never to fear Shaye, this egg's mother was quite diligent at moving them around and while it might have been to the side this time that wouldn't last long. As for if it was warm, there was a shift on the inside of the egg as it moved. There now, that was better. Don't fret, this egg was quite happy, even more so that she was concerned about it's well being. A warmth spread up to her and a contentedness that would last.

Black Cat Egg
Pleasant didn't even begin to cover it, this egg was doing fantastically! Ignore all that hullabaloo that was happening elsewhere, she was here with it now and it wrapped Heida up with it's excitement and joy that came from the attention all these fantastic candidates were giving it. Yes, she was safe in it's presence, wasn't it a good egg?
tatterpixie

Black Cat Egg
Now that was a delightful greeting and in return the egg tilted just a bit, wiggling as it did so, to return the favor with a bow. All was right and proper, no need to fear sweet Elibrie there was no drama over here by its beautiful shell and she was safe as long as she stayed by its side. Dig a little hole down beside it in the warm sands and stay a while, there was no need to leave!
Meepfur

Avocado Egg
Oh but what was this? Sadness permeated the little egg's awareness and it wasn't coming from a nearby candidate, it was coming from Sunshine! Oh dear oh dear, this wouldn't do. Mother had moved over to help it's sibling already of course but Avocado reached out to it as well, so far away from it's own tiny shell it was still able to reach out with a warm and gentle hug for Sunshine. At the same time it offered a mental hug to Star as well, it had tried to help the candidates and it was such a smart egg. Oh please don't be so heartbroken.

It was sad, it as hurt for it's siblings, but the little Avocado egg pulled itself up with what seemed like a little mental sniffle and began to radiate protection and safety to any candidate near it.

Anyone near the Avocado Egg's immediate vicinity will be buffered a bit from the happenings on the sands as it tries to protect the candidates.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:12 pm
Miomellai - She/Her

Excitement was a tight knot in her chest, though Miomellai was careful to keep her face smooth. She'd studied intensely upon arriving to the Weyr, but could privately admit to herself that she still felt slightly unprepared. Still, she'd obey the rules and do what she was told--improvising where needed. Things would be just fine. With her head held high, she strode confidently onto the sands before she bowed low to the golden mother and her brown mate.

She knew little about eggs, but as she strode to the Blue Moon Egg, she couldn't help but feel as though this was certainly an example of quality. You are a beauty. She thought admiringly, stroking the shell.

Jihiro - He/Him

He couldn't wait to meet these eggs, and Jihiro resisted the urge to rock up onto his toes to get a better look at them on the sands while F'dral was speaking. Look at them all! What a sight! He bowed to the clutch parents before he set off, grinning eagerly. Let's see, let's see... how about... the Red & White Toadstool Egg? He pressed his palm confidently against it, giving it a sunny greeting. Hi, nice to meet you!  

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:44 pm
Jemaselle

She hadn't pulled away quiet yet before the egg let lose a torrent of sorrow, anxiety, and panic. It was the buzz under her skin, tension in her calves and feet and the urge to run because if she didn't they were going to die and it wasn't hers.

This wasn't Nabol and she was safe and she knew it. Jemi breathed out, heavy and slow and then back in slower. Slow, slow, slow. She looked down at the little egg and yup, Mama had it in hand. It was good and she was good and probably should leave this to Mama.

She walked a bit, making sure her nerves where better and set a hand on the Orange Slice egg, 'You doing okay?' She kept herself calm, steady.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:58 pm
Rhylune
The egg was precious! Rhylune gave a soft noise of excitement. She loved these eggs. She moved on seeking an egg.. there was so many great eggs! It was so hard to choose one.

That one! She settled down and carefully touched the Red & White Toadstool Egg . 'You are gorgeous!' She exclaimed. The red and white was so bold!  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:01 pm
Rundanrul - Western

Rundanrul moved away from the Star Egg without preamble, the firm but polite rejection acceptable in his book. Probably a gold in there, he thought to himself as he meandered through the eggs. Clearly a dragon that had zero interest in him for a good reason. He paused, watching the commotion going on by Sunshine egg, and decided to go as far away from it as he could.

That brought him face to shell with the Corn Egg. Back on his food theme, it seemed. Touching the shell carefully as there were certainly heightened egg emotions, he offered a formal but friendly mental greeting along with his usual verbal quip.

"Getting a bit exciting out here," he said quietly.

---

Versha - HR

A shoe? Versha tilted her head and looked down at her feet, wondering what an egg would want with a shoe.

"I'm not too sure what you'd want with a shoe," she said with a little smile. "But perhaps once you've hatched we can find a cobbler to make you four shoes for your paws." That would be kind of cute, actually. With little holes for the talons to poke through? Oh, they were on to something.

"I'm afraid we all need our shoes at the moment, the sand is pretty hot for human feet, you see." A bit of a commotion distracted her and she withdrew her hand, watching as Anakumath moved to console the Sunshine egg. Oh, the poor thing... perhaps it was best to move away just a bit? Bidding Pencil farewell for now, she stepped back and put a bit of distance between her and the upset egg.

Rainbow Egg drew her attention next and she stood beside the large shell, resting her hand on the colorful design. "Oh dear...looks like things are getting a little messy," she said, watching the other Candidates as they reacted to the eggs around them. "Hopefully nothing too upsetting has happened." She'd heard stories of Candidates punching eggs, though she was sure if something that drastic had happened the whole operation would be shut down.

---

Surel - Western

And just like that, the dragon within the Orange Slice Egg shoved the less than pleasant feelings the Moo Cow egg had left within her. Surel felt a bit like she was being yanked around, pulled one way and then the other, The offer to sit and take her time was taken, though Surel didn't actually sit. She did edge a little closer to the egg, keeping her hand on the brightly colored shell as things started to get a bit hairy out on the sands.

"Oh...yes, I imagine they would," she said quietly, thoughts of her family making her feel a bit better but a bit worse at the same time. They'd be proud if she Impressed, of course, but that would mean Turns apart from them...

"Oh dear, I'm sorry. Don't let my thoughts upset you," she apologized, wanting to stay by the egg for its stability and kind offer of helping her feel better. "Bit of a worrywart, me. That's what Ma always says anyway," she said, a little chuckle leaving her. "I'll just...um. Stay here until things settle down out there if that's all right?" She'd leave the moment Orange Slice asked, of course, or when Sunshine was no longer in need of attention.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 5:17 pm
Heleste She/her - High Reaches

Oh! Oh! “Its okay little one. I am doing wonderfully! I am having a delightful time meeting you and all your siblings.” She tried to reassure the Sunshine Egg. Heleste looked up at the Gold mother and gave a little wave in response to the feelings. “See, everything is fine. You are doing great.” She lingered near the egg, not quite ready to go without know the egg was alright.

Divisti She/her - High Reaches

Divisti blinked in surprise as she got the sensation of… an egg fanning itself? That was strange and confusing to her. She wasn’t sure what the Red and White Toadstool Egg had seen inside her that garnered that reaction but she hoped that it was a good thing. She smiled and gave the egg a rub. “You and I should catch up once you are hatched.”

She moved to the next egg. Placing her palm on Black Cat Egg she gave a broad grin. “You have an admirer already but do you think you can have one more?”  

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas