Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Kleoth's Hatching] Coveting Their Grace (Open!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:32 pm
Judging that her sister had the right of it, Cracked Egg Green sprawled beside her to watch the scene unfold with interest, though a loud 'crack' drew her attention to where Teal Rosette had bowled into and broken Blue Diamond. Well, well...what have we here? Would their brother be upset, or...?

Oh, well then. He was just going to sit there and eat his shell, apparently. You seeing this? she shared with Bee Green, watching with disgusted fascination, as she mused, If you eat your own shell, isn't it sort of like eating yourself?

Gross. Also fantastic.

Tsunake

Unaware that he was the subject of any speculation, Blue Diamond Blue continued to crunch happily away on his piece of shell, though he did finally look up when Teal Rosette spoke. He blinked and tilted his head, thinking, before sliding a piece of shell towards his clutchmate. Would you like some? It doesn't taste like much, but the texture's nice.

Uta

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:43 pm
Natiri - he/him

Oh. He hadn't expected one of the hatchlings to speak directly to him, and it startled him for just a beat, but then he nodded to himself... and to the brown. Of course, the hatchling would be exemplary. It was a good attitude to have, and that focus and surety. Even if the brown was content to disregard him now, Natiri found himself growing slightly more fond of the dragonet. He surely could respect someone with goals and drive.  

ShinosBee

Nerd

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:43 pm
The Pink Flower Green had nothing to say to that--but her blue eyes may have whirled a tiny bit faster at his reassurances. She plodded quietly at his side, stopping only to peer up at Sablie and Dascyana as well. The girls were probably disappointed that they weren't a little bigger or more shiny...

Oh well.

Dea and #Teddy#

BastetAmun

demon_pachabel

Meanwhile, on another part of the sands... Ewwww! Bee Green sounded positively delighted with the speculation, leaning in to as though to mock-whisper. Those who haven't hatched yet better watch out~ He might get hungry...

Meepfur

The Brown Striped Egg gave a sudden twitch, rocking a bit vigorously before it stilled. Well then, perhaps there was no point in delaying any longer.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:51 pm

Whatever Aneirin had in mind to say had been quite curtailed by the arrival, and subsequent scrutiny, of the Emperor Penguin brown. He recalled how dismissive the baby had been while in the egg, and that he'd seemed to think Aneirin had poor taste in lovers... oh dear. That the dragonet had paused gave him pause. He gave the baby a little bow, recalling that the infant hadn't seemed to feel appropriately treated at the time. Yet he couldn't quite escape the sense of impending doom. His hand, in Nemeryn's, tightened.

Tsunake
Uta

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:03 pm
Nemeryn

He took a slow breath as the large brown approached and began to give both him and Aneirin the same scrutiny he had given to a few boys before. He certainly hadn't forgotten how the egg had reacted to him before... and he certainly hadn't forgotten the advice he'd received from its sibling, whom he'd also offended. Polite. "Sorry for not greeting you properly at the time." He muttered, taking a note from his boyfriend's book by offering an awkward bob of the head to the dragonet.

If the Emperor Penguin Brown still wanted to claim offense, that was well within his right. Nemeryn certainly wasn't about to predict disaster... but he wouldn't be surprised, either.

Mr Cheri

Uta

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:12 pm
The Teal Rosette Green eye's whirled a bright purple-blue, and though she gave Blue Diamond Blue an affectionate nuzzle, she ignored the egg fragments offer. You're a doll, but I think I'd rather something more meaty. You realize if you find Yours there are tables full of food, right? Now, don't let me hold you up, sugar! A little happy trill and the green felt secure enough on her feet to rise once more.

She circled around her remaining eggmates that were still in their shells, humming and crooning affectionately before her gaze fell on Bee Green and Cracked Egg Green. Trotting over, she greeted her sisters with a croon. What's new, girls? Anything good happen while I was in the egg?

Tsunake

Meepfur

Sure enough, Aneirin's feelings were correct. Emperor Penguin Brown did indeed recall exactly who he was standing before! You! The dragonet gave a huff in displeasure, even as he stopped his circling to bunch up his muscles. That both of them bowed, or at least gave a dip of the head was ... better. Still.

The apology was weak and the dragon gave a small huff of annoyance. Do you have anything proper to say to me now, Young Man or is that weak apology it? Wings spread, the brown did lurch forward and give Nemeryn a n** of his jaws. It wasn't enough to actually draw blood, or do more than startle--but the red in the dragonet's eyes was threatening. Speak up or risk something worse!

Spare the rod, spoil the child, after all. This brown would whip this mess of a Candidate into shape, see if he wouldn't!

Tsunake

Mr Cheri

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:24 pm

Something was happening on the Sands, and it was something that immediately drew the Orange and Purple Dapple brown away from his investigative process. Leaving behind Ollandin and Papys, the dragonet raced across the Sands to careen between Emperor Penguin brown and his intended target(s). How dare you? he hissed aggressively, eyes turned a vivid, rapidly whirling red. Let his brother pick on someone his own size! Never mind that the brown was significantly smaller than his brother.

Hisssssssss. Lunging for the Emperor Penguin once more, the dragonet fully took up the space between the Candidates and the other dragonet. Get through him. Just try.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:33 pm
Well, if Teal Rosette didn't want it, that just meant more for Blue Diamond. Neither offended by her refusal nor fussed by her departure - indeed, he barely even noticed the nuzzle - the blue went back to crunching away on his egg-chips. He did have to admit to himself, though, that she had a good point; while the eggshell was interesting, and enough to keep the wher from the door, as it were, it really wasn't enough. He was, naturally, very tempted by the tables full of meat, but they were way over there, and His was...who even knew where?

Bother.

The blue heaved another sigh, feeling much put-upon by it all, and closed his eyes. There he lay for a long moment, contemplating the situation, before reaching out with his mind. Well, Haizea? Are you going to come and get your Scalariventh or not? I'm hungry.

Because this hefty blue did indeed expect to be carried.

User Image

Avid_RPer18

Meepfur
Crew

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:34 pm
Odellet

Odd gave a slightly soft laugh as the purple dinosaur spotted egg hatched into a bronze. Seems she had a bronze brother then, and he was a handsome looking fellow. Those boys better treat him right. She knew he would pick the best rider but she was just very fond of him.

Of both them.

Ooh, the brown boys were back to fighting again. She focused on them, careful. Had the emperor threatened the little browns rider? There might be an impression there.

Sweet Symmetry
Zaexillia

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:39 pm
Sablie (She/her)

Sablie saw bone egg shifting, but still no baby coming out of it..quite yet. It seemed some of these babies were biding their time, maybe for their perfect entrance or maybe some other reason she did not think of at the moment. Orange and purple dapple brown was still giving attention...and a sneeze to some of the boys. She covered a laugh, maybe the boy had something on him that made the baby dragon sneeze. She nodded to Dascyana as she spoke about the starry grey keeping them on their toes. She squinted a little, still not quite seeing any glimmer, but maybe her friend had a better angle.

"Yeah, from what I remember, which we both know can be a little..shaky at times, the baby will let us know if they need help. Then if the mom is okay with it, then we can help. Definitely seems like Kleoth has it well in claw though. And who knows, maybe one of them will come let ya have a better look,"she nodded. She noticed blue diamond was...wait, was he eating bits of his own egg? She wasn't sure if that was a good idea, least the goop made more sense, she imagined. She noticed the green from pink flower was not as excited as her twin, but was curious at the same time. Also, bee green looked quite content to just lay on the sands, watching everything going on. She noticed emperor penquin brown still seemed to be sizing up the boys, she assumed his rider was probably a boy (so was his brown brother, she imagined). Then he seemed to circle around two in particular.

"Uh oh, that doesn't look good..wonder if they upset the baby somehow,"she mused to her friend. She didn't get to think about it at the moment, as teal rosette seemed to hatch another little green. Yep, she knew Guarath must be cheering from her perch. She smiled as she saw the blue twin lay a wing over his sister, that was so very cute. Just as she was wondering where the twins were going, she saw them head in the direction of the girls this time. More specifically, to where she and Dascyana were standing. When the question came, she had a twinkle in her blue eyes. It seemed the blue one remembered when she touched their egg.

"Ya still very pretty. Thank ya for remembering me from the touching. It is nice to meet both of ya out of your shells,"she greeted warmly. She lightly nudged her friend, to indicate she got exactly what she had been hoping for. She admired both girls, only vaguely aware drama was afoot elsewhere and more of the greens were getting comfy on the sands. Nor that the blue that was eating his shell had impressed.

BastetAmun
Yes, all kinds of attention..but look, she got her wish lol

Zaikt
She can't help thinking it lol

demon_pachabel
Handsome boy indeed

Tsunake
Course ya pretty, she says

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:45 pm

Indeed, Odellet's suspicions proved to be quite true. For, without missing a beat, the brown Orange and Purple Dapple dragonet turned and regarded his rather nibbled Nemeryn with eyes that shone in rainbow hues. My Nemeryn, did my brother hurt you? Your Lailokenth will get him back for that, he threatened, hissing a little at the memory of the offense. His brother forgotten, the companion at Nemeryn's side quite overlooked, the dragonet reached up with his small snout to nuzzle at the man's free hand. Had he done well?

Tsunake

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:58 pm
Tihrokat

He laughed when Matotoka mentioned that a certain blue was going to need to be carried. "I hope they're strong, whoever they are! He looks a little..." Chunky? Hefty? Maybe it wasn't polite to say, so Tihrokat let it just trail off.

So much was happening!! A blue popped out of Pink Flower Egg - hello, friend, hello!! - only to turn around to coax a green sister out of the same egg, and it was all Tihrokat could do to contain himself. His joy was obvious regardless as he gushed to Matotoka, "Two! There's two of them! I wonder which one I was talking to! Or maybe I was talking to both of them?"

Did that mean he had two best buds? Oh, he really hoped so! And his other friend Teal Rosette hatched, and she was a pretty green, and everything was just amazing.

demon_pachabel
quietly eeeeeEEEEeeeee at fren

Meepfur
Crew

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:01 pm

Aneirin

Before Aneirin could quite register what had happened, the Emperor Penguin brown had nipped at Nemeryn. Then, without any warning whatsoever, the Orange and Purple Dapple brown had interposed himself before the two of them, and... well.

Well.

Well. Well. He'd never had any doubts about Nemeryn being worthy, but he knew what those rainbow eyes had meant. Knew very well that his best friend, his... boyfriend... had now Impressed. What did that mean for him? Did it mean anything? "Congratulations," he told Nem, and he meant it. But there was that little ache that made him wonder if the stories about dragons and their riders were true. Did Nemeryn need him anymore?

Also... it did not escape his notice that this quite possibly meant that he'd be left alone with the Emperor Penguin brown. Depending on how things went, he wasn't so sure that that would be a good thing.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:07 pm
Nemeryn

The snap certainly didn't tickle, and though the large man gave a jerk of surprise, he didn't step back or cower. Fair was fair--though the request to say something properly made him blanch. Those red eyes and mantled wings meant business, and Nemeryn didn't dare call the baby out in hopes he was bluffing. Slowly, he shifted, angling himself in front of Aneirin. "I do," He said, stalling for time.

He tried his best to think, intending to go slowly so he didn't make the situation worse. Before he could even begin, however, the Orange and Purple Dapple Brown came racing back to step between him and Emperor.

Completely at a loss of what to think, Nemeryn found himself staring at the smaller dragonet as he looked back at him. My Nemeryn, did my brother hurt you? Your Lailokenth will get him back for that, And oh, did the little brown mean it! Nemeryn could feel his fierce resolve, but more importantly, the concern and love that threatened to drown him all at once. Reeling the outpouring of emotion, he instinctively reached his hand out to caress Lailokenth's head, marveling at how soft his skin was. "It didn't hurt," He said almost absently, still trying to process what had just happened. His heart felt as though it would burst with love for this small, fierce, perfect creature that had charged into battle without a second thought for his own safety to protect him.

Good. The small brown focused his attention back on his brother for a moment, his wings threatening to mantle. The nerve of him!

Aneirin's words slowly penetrated the fog surrounding him, and he glanced up sharply. "His name is Lailokenth." He said without thinking, and uncharacteristically hesitated. He could feel the brown's hunger, knew he needed to take care of him without delay--but would Aneirin be all right?

Taking a slow breath, he turned back to the Emperor Penguin. "I'm sorry," He said again, his words still slow. "I was overwhelmed. You are a strong, admirable dragon, and I should have done better."

Lailokenth hissed at that, his eyes blazing red. Before he could snap and snarl, Nemeryn laid a hand on his neck. Strong and admirable the Emperor might be, but he would never be his Lailokenth.

Mr Cheri

Uta

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:15 pm

Well, now that all of that fuss seemed to be out of the way, the Bone Egg was ready to stretch its legs out. Literally. The dragonet's legs popped out of the shell before the dragonet himself - and it was a himself, for they were little, wet blue legs - and he started moving. Hmm. This wasn't exactly what he'd had in mind.

Elsewhere, the Teal and Blue Lightning dragonet had managed to squirm and wriggle her way out of her shell, with Mama's esteemed help. She plopped down onto the Sands and sat there, dazed for a moment. Oh my! There was so much going on.

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff