Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Mictecath's Hatching] Sing Me Anything (Open) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:27 pm
Kahbrohm

"Looks like he's at least above whatever...that is," Kahbrohm noted of the mess of upset-and-otherwise blues and a now injured girl off on her way to the healer. Then the addition of another blue who was acting like his life was coming to an end. He'd just...give that one a little bit of space, hmm?

"Any guesses on who'll impress first?" he first looked at the dragons already hatched, then at the candidates on the sands. Then he gave a sweeping look at the eggs still unhatched. "Maybe someone not even here yet."

Tsunake

----

Cetra
Cetra looked to Nedemar as he spoke up, offering him a smile and a nod. "I'd like to think that's the most bluster we're gonna see," she agreed, stepping closer to him so they could continue to ponder. She peered at Isha as she mostly just made one of those 'yes I'm listening' answers but didn't have much to say.

"Will be interesting to see how the riders of those two get on. Think they'll mend some bridges there or just be able to keep things civil?" she posed to both Nedemar and Bherrus before-

"Hello, sweetheart," Cetra greeted the Cloudy Skies bronze, clearly happy to be getting some up-close-and-personal time with him - though any of his siblings would have gotten as warm a reception. "I'm having a very good time. You and your siblings are all very worth being excited for!"

Smerdle

Uta

Mr Cheri

-----

Midrymear

It seemed the gold had won whatever altercation was going on between the siblings, not that he could make much of it - he imagined it had something to do with her asserting her authority over him after he'd behaved so....well, he was a baby. Midrymear wasn't going to pretend any of what babies could bicker about would make sense to him or even be gleaned from his position.

Midrymear, however, made a point to keep from being too close to Sketchy Cupcake Blue who went running in a mess of noise and limbs into the candidates, brows raising. Not judgement, but confusion.

----

Beelim

"I know," Beelim settled, though he still oozed concern for his little friend - at least until it looked like Mictecath was moving in to fix what ailed Gold Sunbeam Egg. He sighed with relief as with the assistance of his mother, the little white was freed from his egg and straight into cuddles, it seemed.

"Okay....they seem to be alright, so.." Beelim looked at the alarmed blue that had just hatched, looking ready to make sure he was between it and Besilin as he went running into the candidates.

Faesinger

----

Lihyo
"Maybe," Lihyo entertained the notion Chakuri suggested. If the Green Spotted Blue had actually wanted to hurt the girl, he very well could have with sharp baby claws and a mouth full of teeth. There had been worse injuries seen on the sands.

But all injuries were unfortunate, she'd not grade them on fortunate-to-fortunate unless it was face to face.

"Hopefully their good mood is good for all of us." The pep was a good tension diffuser.

Tsunake

----

Draza
Ah, sibling squabbles - Draza was familiar with those. She and Melka couldn't see eye-to-eye about things all the time, even if now the pair were seemingly as thick-as-thieves. It seemed to settle itself soon enough, though she wasn't sure to what end, as blue went into the candidates and the gold seemed more interested in her siblings.

"I'm sure one will show up soon," Draza said, looking to what eggs still had to hatch now. It would have been awfully strange for an entire clutch to hatch without a brown in sight.

"Looks like those girls are getting ready for a little meet 'n' greet, though. Think they'll come closer?" Maybe one of them would pick Melka? Draza would certainly like that. Of course, if one picked *her* she'd be just as excited - more than, even.

Uta

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:44 pm
"It was such a sweet baby," Oranie murmured in agreement, her gaze softening as she looked at the little white. Oh, but the greens did help to bring a smile to her face, even if it was a little shaky. "I think that'd be perfect." She confessed. She and Lusialu as Weyrlings together--but, no matter what happened, things would be all right. Slowly, she forced herself to relax, flashing Lusialu a grateful, sheepish smile.

When another egg burst forth and to reveal a screaming blue, Oranie couldn't help but nearly jump out of her skin. For a moment, her eyes were wide with alarm as she stared at the thrashing, squalling dragonet. What happened? Was it okay?

At least she wasn't thinking about the injured girl anymore!

Uta

--

Jihiro

"It's hard, being a baby." Jihiro said wisely, as though he had any idea. He did stare openly at the one blue dragon, not even entirely sure what was going on over there! Regardless, it was a passionate and enthusiastic display! That meant a lot of energy, right?

"Maybe one of the greens?' He suggested, seeing as the one seemed inclined to start prowling towards the Candidates. It was hard to say.

demon_pachabel

--

Chakuri

"I think it will be!" Of course, as a blue hatched with quite the dramatic entrance, Chakuri found herself rising up on the tips of her toes, both alarmed and curious. "Do you think he actually... got hurt?" She sounded uncertain, but the sounds he was making were awfully convincing!

demon_pachabel

--

Miomellai

"A dragon is a dragon." She snorted, and if she shot a contemptuous look across the sands to where her brother had positioned himself, well, so be it. "Double trouble?" Miomellai suggested with a grin. She was here for that! Though naturally, her eyes shot over to the squalling baby blue with a sudden tension to her posture, ready to move in an instant if necessary.

faesinger

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:45 pm
ISHA

Again, Isha shrugged at the question of the bronze dragonet. It was here for conversation with her at the very most, since obviously she wasn't going to be Impressing it. The boys with her however were a different question, but that was on them and certainly not Isha's thing. "It's happening. I hope you find yours soon."

No need to spill out thoughts or anything else, except the warm and welcoming and seriously, go find yours emotions they were meant to send to all dragonets. That included the blue pile, she supposed, though who knew how long that would be before any of the trio were well enough to move. Hunger would win out over sour emotions if history and instinct had anything to say about it, so it was a matter of waiting.

There was also the overly dramatic dragon, and more greens out and the gold sitting with her brother and talking to the greens. Did golds always have to be surrounded in groups, or did most High Reaches golds just prefer that? Did they consider it their due? Isha had never spoken with a gold dragon before so she really had no way of knowing, but what she read suggested yes to most of her thoughts. The curiosity was there though, in rare measure. Maybe all dragons just liked to travel in groups, not unlike people heading from place to place.

"You are lovely, though." At the end of it all, Isha did allow herself one compliment to the dragon. It had come over to say hello after all, and it was really lovely.

Mr Cheri

Uta

Smerdle

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:54 pm
It was hard to be a baby dragon, privy to the thoughts of all.  He couldn't rightly say that he was surprised that so many were so quick to think thoughts praising his sister for sweeping in and 'restoring order,' as though he hadn't been good and done by the time she'd butted in.  It hadn't been a commotion until she'd made it one.  But this was High Reaches, so of course she'd be the one to receive the bulk of the support.  All the better to curry favor, just in case.

But enough.  Purple and Grey Space was here, and White Tiger as well.  Slowly, he untucked from himself to croon and nuzzle at his fellow blues, the red bleeding from his eyes to be replaced by blues and purples.  He could hear Butterfly Wing bid Aubergine keep them in line, and the claws of resentment dug deeper into his hearts.  He would never forget, and he would never forgive, but he had better things to do than sit here and brood about it, now that he had his real family beside him.  Because whatever some were thinking, there was a world of difference between relatives and family, and as far as he was concerned, that gold was not his family.  But he wouldn't waste his metaphorical breath correcting them; he'd already wasted enough time, and now that he had good company, he wasn't inclined to waste more.

With a further fond nuzzle for White Tiger, he extricated himself from the very-much-appreciated cuddle and gave a stretch that gave way to a prance.  All the tension had melted from him, and he was now all happy colors and merriment. Thank you, brothers, truly.  I would be lost without you. For what would one be without family?  Real family. What do you think?  Should we meet some Candidates?  Did you make friends with any when they came to see us?

Someone might have an entourage, but Green Spotted blue had brothers - equals, friends - and that was far better.  And he did, at last, extend a guarded wave of thanks to Cloudy Skies; he wasn't entirely sure whether or not to trust the bronze's gesture, but he would not ignore it.

Tsunake

Zaikt

Mr Cheri

Meepfur
Crew

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:12 pm

Unbidden, a wave of love and affection flowed from the little bronze Cloudy Skies, who was not against anyone, to all of his brothers and sisters present. He was concerned about all of his siblings, and while he could not truly comprehend all that had come to pass, he knew that all was not right with them. Particularly Green Spotted, who seemed to be in some distress. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you, he told him privately, apologetically. It seemed clear that he had wronged him in some way, and he'd never intended to.

Distracted as he was by the Candidates before him, he couldn't help but try to mend whatever evil he had done. It pained him to have wounded one of his siblings, particularly one so handsome. Sending another apologetic thought and a wave of love, the bronze returned his attention to the task at hand. Presently, he had several nice Candidates to meet. Some of them seemed very enthusiastic, which was always nice.

Thank you, it's very nice to meet you all. There's something going on right now, as you can see. But other than that, it's been very pleasant. These Candidates seemed very good natured, all in all, and he gave a little, happy chirrup, content to weave among them like a small feline. It was ever so nice to have a little bit of attention, even if that thought was reserved in private for himself.

Uta
Smerdle
demon_pachabel
houllow
Meepfur

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:18 pm

Ahem.

It seemed as if the Candidates hadn't heard him properly.

IT HURTS! I AM IN PAIN! I AM SUFFERING!! IT'S GETTING WORSE!! I SEE THE LIGHT! OR THE DARKNESS! I am fading and nobody cares!! WHO WILL HELP ME IN THIS TIME OF NEED!? The baby cried out piteously, creeling loudly, continuing in its thrashes.

There.

Now everybody knew of its pain, heehee.

As it continued to roll around, the dragon lashed out and wound up kicking Chocolate Chip Egg very hard. Even as he squirmed and writhed past, he gave it another whack with his wing. Surely, it wasn't done on purpose.

Tsunake
Homewrecker.

----

The young Butterfly Wing Gold was pleased with Aubergine Bronze was so loyal, and though a part of her did long to go trotting off with Green Vine and Teal and Blue Spiral, she had her own set of Candidates to investigate. There was a longing to hang out with her sisters, but she preferred to be an independent spirit. It did rather turn out that way, didn't it? But everything's keen now, I'd say, especially now that you're here to lighten the mood! Her mood wasn't soured now that that blue had moved on--even if she had opinions about his victim card.

Has anyone caught your eye, brother? I'm about to say hello to the girls. You may follow, if you wish--I wouldn't object. But she also wasn't going to keep him all to herself. He deserved to shine on his own, and she was certain he'd be at her beck and call if so she needed him. He'd already been so good.

Giving a good stretch of her wings, the blue eyed gold decided first to approach Miomellai and Divisti. The gold walked around both, before giving a laugh. Warmth radiated from the queen, who reached out to boop at both their hands in greeting. Well, with that sort of thinking, you might well be right! She spoke to both, though her admonishment was teasing and gentle.

faesinger
Gold investigation!

Tsunake
[Gold investigation!

demon_pachabel
Such a good bab! Blessings nad love from seester to bronze and green!

ShinosBee
Blessings and love from seester

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:31 pm

A dramatic sigh seemed to fill the air, although it was not an audible one. One of the eggs had begun to wobble, if a bit half-heartedly. What was the point, anyway? While the show must indeed go on, it just... seemed so meaningless, at present.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:39 pm
Tyara

Tyara heard her brother's snort, before he told her she need not think on it or apologize. She suppose he was right, they had been taught dragons could be easily upset before they were bonded. Yeah, maybe she should just leave it at that, but she couldn't help thinking she had messed up.

"Alright, but remember that goes for you too. The baby clearly knew you would protect me, so made sure his..lesson went uninterrupted,"she said gently to him. She knew her brother had been protective of her and while he stayed positive for her, she knew it had to hurt seeing her get hurt. After all, she had when the blue had pounced him first. She allowed him to call forth the healers, before he assured her he would be nearby. The young girl was quiet as the healers got to work cleaning her wound, then numbing the pain. She waited as they did what needed to be done to patch her up, before she was given clearance to return to the sands. She slid out of the seat, figuring the dragons were finding their matches. She returned to where her brother waited, quietly looking at the sand.

"I am ready,"she whispered, taking his hand. She figured she needed to get back out there, though she figured the babies surely belonged to better candidates. However she had a duty and she did not want to keep her brother from his dragon, if his was out there.

Uta
Thank you, brother!

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:46 pm
Ah--the sudden, empathetic support of the White Tiger Blue was enough to make the the hatchling grow suddenly still with surprise. He certainly hadn't expected to be included in the contact. Quickly though, he paused to nudge both brothers, looking relieved and pleased that Green Spotted Blue seemed to be back in good spirits.

He twisted his head briefly to regard the Cloudy Skies Bronze, internally pausing before sending a gentle wave of affection to his brother. He appreciated the sentiment. I met a few that were very kind. He said thoughtfully. Never. I would not mind going to say hello. It would only be polite to visit those who had come to see them today.

Meepfur

Zaikt

Mr Cheri

--

As the Sketchy Cupcake Blue kicked out and smacked the shell of the Chocolate Chip Egg, it promptly shattered to reveal a very large, very angry brown. For a moment, he stood frozen as if he couldn't quite believe what had just happened. His carefully planned moment! Ruined! Again! He trumpeted for all to hear, his tail lashing wrathfully as he stalked after his smaller brother. Again, you've ruined things for me! He would NOT stand for this, not any longer!

Uta
How DARE.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:50 pm
Nikrys

She found herself peering down at the sands, listening to the bustle around her rather than watching it. She had never been one for babies, but these were more than human infants, bursting from their shells full of opinions. Loud ones.

Nikrys eventually lifted her head, just in time to see the rival gold and blue begin their separate searches. She narrowed her eyes a bit, watching Sketchy Cupcake scream and thrash. That was the one who had tried to bowl over half of this weyr's candidates back at the Touching.

And, holy s**t, was he about to get his. Her narrowed eyes went wide, her lips curled in a faint smirk for now.

Smerdle

Scamp

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:59 pm
Besilin - He/him

There. The little white was sorted. But, the blue was…throwing a tantrum? Was he okay? Besilin eased out from behind Beelim a little, ready to protect his brother in turn. Then the brown hatched. Oh boy. He seemed angry. Welp. New dragon fight. This wasn’t going too badly, he guessed. Only a little bloodshed and no ichor. So, yeah, not too bad. Here's hoping it continues that way. Good thought, warm, happy thoughts...

“Which one do you think back down first?” Besilin joked to Beelim lightly.

demon_pachabel

Divisti - She/her

Divisti was going to respond to Miomellai when the gold started over. Maybe Miomellai was wrong? She held her breath, ready to see that first impression, but no. The gold was only chastising them for thinking so. Well, that made sense in a way. It wasn’t a very welcoming thought. “Thank you.” Divisti told the gold as she moved her hand back. She hoped that the gold would understand that she was saying thank you for the kind reminder and correction as well as the attention.

Tsunake

Uta

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:03 pm
Cetra

Cetra beamed as the bronze baby started weaving amongst their group, reaching out a hand tentatively to offer scritches - she'd of course recoil her hand if Cloudy Skies Bronze didn't actually seem receptive to them, but he'd been nothing but sweet the entire time he'd been out of his egg so it couldn't hurt to try, right?

She'd not gotten an up-close and personal chance like this to touch a baby dragon and the curiosity and delight were too hard to pass up.

"Well getting to say hello to you has certainly been a high point for me!" She shot a look at the others in the group to see if they agreed with her assessment.

Smerdle

Uta

houllow

Mr Cheri

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:08 pm

A different sort of sigh exited the Pawprint Heart Egg, which had begun to shift back and forth, lolling here and there. Then, with a soft plink, a crack appeared in the shell. Click, click, click.

After some time, and an unsupported effort, a wet, green muzzle appeared from the gap the baby had made. Head and shoulders soon followed, and with another push, the infant summersaulted out of her egg. Ooph! She fell, landing in a slightly dazed heap to examine the ceiling above.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:11 pm
Isha

A weak, uneasy smile pressed on Isha's face at the bronze that remained there, if only because she didn't really now what beyond to say or think. Were they....supposed to have a conversation? The others absolutely seemed more than capable of doing that and carrying on, and Isha absolutely would have been okay to just nod along. She had nothing to add after all, since she could see what was going on - did the dragonet want them to confirm it?

Not...not that she'd really have a chance to do it, since a whole lot more things were happening now. The Gold was moving along now and speaking to the girls - and doing it alone. That caused an eyebrow to raise, but she wouldn't question it too much despite it making her curious. Any specific reason? Maybe she could ask her later or, she could ask whenever the gold stopped by to check before moving along to find her lifemate.

There was also the overtly dramatic blue, and now.....a dramatic brown? That could potentially cause problems if they decided to get physical with one another, spilling out onto others, but for now Isha simply just....nodded as she was looked at by Cetra. The look suggested she needed to agree, which....wasn't really a lie. How lucky was she to be this close to a dragonet without nerves or worry? "I'm pretty thankful. Even if nothing else happens, I at least got to meet you."

And oh, another green. And...well.

Lots of all of a sudden.

Mr Cheri
Smerdle
Uta
demon_pachabel

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:11 pm
Sketchy Cupcake Blue hardly gave his brown brother a second thought. He did pause in his squirming to look up at him, completely nonplussed, eyes still a happy blue green. Hardly, darling! I'm helping you. Look at all these beautiful eyes on us, now that I've captivated their attention! Well, the ruse was up that he wasn't injured--though he did wish that at least a few spirited individuals would have come to his aid.

Ah well.

Instead, he squirmed closer to his red-eyed brother and booped his nose You look great, honey. And with that, he rolled over to his feet and began to trot off. If his brother was going to start a battle, he'd at least have to catch him, first.

Tsunake
Mwah!

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas