Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Gaian Geezers Guild
The Complaint Dept Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 57 58 59 60 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you consider this thread cathartic?
  No
  Yes
  Where's my damned dinner?
View Results

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:37 pm
Gromf, your car sounds kinda like my truck, except the windshield wiper motor in mine is totally broke ~ no wipers at all. This is not a good idea when one lives in WA state eek

HarperLady: Sounds like you've been taken over by the micromanager from Hades. Will not hear all the "problems" his new "solutions" are creating, doesn't bother to wait and see if the "solutions" were even needed, and will then blame the staff when it all hits the fan.

Sad to say: When the stuff hits the fan, it never distributes evenly, or even to the one who most deserves it stressed  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:10 pm
Lil Brat
HarperLady: Sounds like you've been taken over by the micromanager from Hades. Will not hear all the "problems" his new "solutions" are creating, doesn't bother to wait and see if the "solutions" were even needed, and will then blame the staff when it all hits the fan.

Sad to say: When the stuff hits the fan, it never distributes evenly, or even to the one who most deserves it stressed

You have that right! He has been using phrases like "taking people out of their comfort zone" To me that sounds a lot like "if they don't like it they can leave" sort of attitude. No wonder Corporate America is in such turmoil...they force change and chaos. Unlike in the past when a person was judged by their dedication to the company and those who were there the longest were deemed to me more valuable employees than those who came, spent two or three years, then moved on to another position.

*sigh* Ah well, I only have 5 years, 2 months and 23 days before retirement -- I can handle it....at least, that is what I keep telling myself.  

HarperLady

HarperLady

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:49 pm
Ok, I presume that most of us true geezers have jobs and responsibilities. Who else here feels over worked and under paid in our jobs? Who feels over worked and under appreciated in our homes?
Who all just feels overworked.....period?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:28 pm
I need someone to help me fluff my pillow crying  

BlackCatCrescent

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:57 pm
Definitely feeling overworked, underpaid, and unappreciated.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:02 am
got the modular replaced in my car... $240 smackers... it didnt do a damn thing lol  

Gromf

sequin_blu

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:29 pm
HarperLady
Ok, I presume that most of us true geezers have jobs and responsibilities. Who else here feels over worked and under paid in our jobs? Who feels over worked and under appreciated in our homes?
Who all just feels overworked.....period?

damn i think youre my twin.

how about the fact that they gave me a freaking magic trunk or whatever it is called and i had it for 2 days and now they take it back. grr. indian givers! (no offense is ment towards any indians at all.)  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:54 pm
Gromf
i dont get to vote in polls sad

Are you STILL here? No doubt to come and make fun of us...but you mark my words [cough, cough]: I may be slow but I'm ahead of you, sonny!  

My Tea Bag

Hygienic Gawker

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:23 pm
Amazingly enough, now that Gromf can vote in the polls and has grown into a true geezer, he no longer wants to play with us. sweatdrop

Just found out my cousin who was supposed to come visit us this weekend has Lukemia... they told her if she'd waited another 10 days we probably wouldn't have had her for long. She finally went back to college (she's 50ish) and was doing really well and now this. She'll be in the hospital for at least a month getting chemo and all that other such stuff. *sigh* Damn that Murphy and his law... seems to be following everyone I know around a lot lately. sad  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:48 pm
That's awful, Lil Brat! I do hope your cousin keeps a positive outlook and gets better quickly. My grandmother went through chemo many times for her cancer, so I know how miserable it is to see a family member suffer though it. I wish you all the best!  

Retasha

Lil Brat
Captain

Enduring Codger

11,525 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:53 am
Thank you. We're hoping she does alright. My understanding is there's a 90% chance this will take care of it.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 7:07 pm
So sorry about your cousin Lil Brat. Hope things go well with the chemo. Keep us posted.

As for that Murphy, I think we need to round up a posse and chase him out of town. I've had it with his Law, it's time for a little anarchy here *looks for her lasso and best Texan accent*

ah'm a goin' huntin' an if'n ah catch him there'a a gonna be a lynchin y'all.  

Catira Norr

I Ceymore Ratz
Crew

Revered Prophet

6,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 8:18 pm
Catira Norr
So sorry about your cousin Lil Brat. Hope things go well with the chemo. Keep us posted.

As for that Murphy, I think we need to round up a posse and chase him out of town. I've had it with his Law, it's time for a little anarchy here *looks for her lasso and best Texan accent*

ah'm a goin' huntin' an if'n ah catch him there'a a gonna be a lynchin y'all.
You sure have a mouthfull at times Missie Norr.

Same goes here, what Missie Norr said about your cuz.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:31 pm
I got turkey stuck in my teef and I think I'm gonna exploooode.

Oh yeah, and I can't seem to keep a job for more than a year...
ulp.

Bucket...  

Harbone
Crew

Catira Norr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:26 am
I Ceymore Ratz
You sure have a mouthfull at times Missie Norr.

HeeHee...er, sorry, I guess I've just lived in Texas for too long. Seeing real live cowboys in boots, stetsons and yes, even spurs, every day can do things to a girl's mind.  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 57 58 59 60 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff