Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
THE ANGST ZONE (Use this, for the love of internetz! ><) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 115 116 117 118 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angst?
  I'll post it wherever the hell I want!
  Please, just keep it in this thread.
  Tell me all your troubles and I'll do my best to help you feel better. *hugs*
  Can it, emo! ><
  Huh?
View Results

Trish the Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:20 pm
Arcanas
La Belle Isolde
Arcanas
La Belle Isolde
La Belle Isolde
This is still the bitter old maids thread, yes? I'm reclaiming the topic to be for bitter old maids like myself who've just started their road to alcoholism.

Does anyone know how much 40% alcohol it takes for a beginner to just get a little tipsy, or am I going to have to experiment and risk a hangover tomorrow?

Looks like I have to experiment. If I get alcohol poisoning I blame the lack of help. Although I'm starting to feel a buzz... yay for rum and coke.
Lemme see...40% alcohol volume...and it's rum...I'd say about 2-3 shots worth

Mmkay, I'm about there then. I think... if I've got it measured right. I don't wanna kill myself and I wanna be able to function in drama tomorrow. Hell, I might just put some liquer in my coffee in the morning. Believe it or not I used to have a huge alcohol aversion.

God I'm an attention whore.
lol, and you don't have a bad singing voice earlier (yes, I was bored and listened to everyone sing in the ATG Idol thread)

Aw, thanks. I'm gonna have to find something to use for the next round. I forgot that I suck horribly at musicals (they've very straightforward and rely on pure talent rather than tricks to make yourself sound better).  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:21 pm
La Belle Isolde
Arcanas
GaleSkies
La Belle Isolde
La Belle Isolde
This is still the bitter old maids thread, yes? I'm reclaiming the topic to be for bitter old maids like myself who've just started their road to alcoholism.

Does anyone know how much 40% alcohol it takes for a beginner to just get a little tipsy, or am I going to have to experiment and risk a hangover tomorrow?

Looks like I have to experiment. If I get alcohol poisoning I blame the lack of help. Although I'm starting to feel a buzz... yay for rum and coke.

If you don't mind my asking, what is your weight and your ancestry. I strongly believe all of the myths behind these too factors.
Weight is important, and if you've eaten something prior to drinking, as alcohol travels faster if food isn't in your stomach, so then it would take less to get tipsy

I ate a decent meal in the last 4 hours, I'm of Norwegian and Eastern European descent (so I'm not Native and going to get alcohol poisoning right away). I'm about 130 lbs too.
yeah, 2-3 shots should be good, considering my limit of Captian Morgan's Private Stock is 5 shots...  

Arcanas

Hunter

Trish the Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:23 pm
Arcanas
La Belle Isolde
Arcanas
GaleSkies
La Belle Isolde
La Belle Isolde

If you don't mind my asking, what is your weight and your ancestry. I strongly believe all of the myths behind these too factors.
Weight is important, and if you've eaten something prior to drinking, as alcohol travels faster if food isn't in your stomach, so then it would take less to get tipsy

I ate a decent meal in the last 4 hours, I'm of Norwegian and Eastern European descent (so I'm not Native and going to get alcohol poisoning right away). I'm about 130 lbs too.
yeah, 2-3 shots should be good, considering my limit of Captian Morgan's Private Stock is 5 shots...

Thanks. I'm glad there's someone I can ask about this stuff. I mentioned it to my boyfriend and best friend and they just kinda ignored the fact that I said I wanted a drink... which is weird because I never drink.

I feel so shitty, hahaha.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:25 pm
La Belle Isolde
Arcanas
La Belle Isolde
Arcanas
La Belle Isolde
La Belle Isolde

Lemme see...40% alcohol volume...and it's rum...I'd say about 2-3 shots worth

Mmkay, I'm about there then. I think... if I've got it measured right. I don't wanna kill myself and I wanna be able to function in drama tomorrow. Hell, I might just put some liquer in my coffee in the morning. Believe it or not I used to have a huge alcohol aversion.

God I'm an attention whore.
lol, and you don't have a bad singing voice earlier (yes, I was bored and listened to everyone sing in the ATG Idol thread)

Aw, thanks. I'm gonna have to find something to use for the next round. I forgot that I suck horribly at musicals (they've very straightforward and rely on pure talent rather than tricks to make yourself sound better).
well, musicals are pretty damn hard...I mean, being a member of my high school's pit band for the 4 years I was there, I had to learn a lot of s**t on the spot, like the sax, and transposing when I was forced to play parts on the clarinet, that were made for oboe and english horn.  

Arcanas

Hunter

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:27 pm
La Belle Isolde
Arcanas
La Belle Isolde
Arcanas
GaleSkies

Thanks. I'm glad there's someone I can ask about this stuff. I mentioned it to my boyfriend and best friend and they just kinda ignored the fact that I said I wanted a drink... which is weird because I never drink.

hehe, funny thing is, I'm still not legal to drink for another year...but, my roommate was heavy in partying and I didn't really care, so yeah...then I learned the hard way about my limits and what not...just don't get me near a bottle of Bacardi 151...only 2 shots of that is enough to mess me up royally.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:30 pm
Arcanas
La Belle Isolde
Arcanas
La Belle Isolde
Arcanas
GaleSkies

hehe, funny thing is, I'm still not legal to drink for another year...but, my roommate was heavy in partying and I didn't really care, so yeah...then I learned the hard way about my limits and what not...just don't get me near a bottle of Bacardi 151...only 2 shots of that is enough to mess me up royally.

Hahaha... I wanna try that now. 0_o... wait... American shots are twice as much as anywhere else. I need like ... 4-6 shots then. Dammit.

And I've been in musicals too, I suck so hard they cast me as chorus even in my grade 12 year.  

Trish the Stalker

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:31 pm
referring to my previous post, I would have played the oboe and english horn, but my high school only had one oboe, which was currently broken, and no english horn...although, we had an Eb clarinet which was loads of fun  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:33 pm
La Belle Isolde
Arcanas
La Belle Isolde
Arcanas
La Belle Isolde

Hahaha... I wanna try that now. 0_o... wait... American shots are twice as much as anywhere else. I need like ... 4-6 shots then. Dammit.

And I've been in musicals too, I suck so hard they cast me as chorus even in my grade 12 year.
...uhh..if you want, but that rum is nearly 50% alcohol in volume, and it quite literally burns on the way down...plus, it's super flamable..which is great fun ^_^  

Arcanas

Hunter

Trish the Stalker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:33 pm
Arcanas
referring to my previous post, I would have played the oboe and english horn, but my high school only had one oboe, which was currently broken, and no english horn...although, we had an Eb clarinet which was loads of fun

I wish I could play stuff. I'm slowly gaining the urge to learn to play electric sex. Although its really only sexy when a dude plays it... if I could I'd only be detracting from the power a sexy guitar man has over me. Then again, I could like... electric sex myself.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:34 pm
Arcanas
La Belle Isolde
Arcanas
La Belle Isolde
Arcanas
La Belle Isolde

...uhh..if you want, but that rum is nearly 50% alcohol in volume, and it quite literally burns on the way down...plus, it's super flamable..which is great fun ^_^

I'm mixing rum and coke in volumes that are probably strange. And this stuff smells terrible anyway. I can't imagine actually taking just straight shots of this s**t.  

Trish the Stalker

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:35 pm
La Belle Isolde
Arcanas

I wish I could play stuff. I'm slowly gaining the urge to learn to play electric sex. Although its really only sexy when a dude plays it... if I could I'd only be detracting from the power a sexy guitar man has over me. Then again, I could like... electric sex myself.
yeah..for some reason, I never could get into playing guitars, though I love hearing them, especially acoustics.. but I guess my finger's weren't coordinated enough...but there's always my sax... yes, I love my sax  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:36 pm
Arcanas
La Belle Isolde
Arcanas

yeah..for some reason, I never could get into playing guitars, though I love hearing them, especially acoustics.. but I guess my finger's weren't coordinated enough...but there's always my sax... yes, I love my sax

My fingers get cold really easy, I guess its poor circulation or something. I can always try though. If that doesn't work out there's always the drums.  

Trish the Stalker

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:37 pm
La Belle Isolde
Arcanas
La Belle Isolde
Arcanas
La Belle Isolde

I'm mixing rum and coke in volumes that are probably strange. And this stuff smells terrible anyway. I can't imagine actually taking just straight shots of this s**t.
Well, I like that stuff better than vodka...vodka for some reason tastes like aerosol hairspray smells to me...it make me puke after a sip  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:38 pm
Arcanas
La Belle Isolde
Arcanas
La Belle Isolde
Arcanas
La Belle Isolde

Well, I like that stuff better than vodka...vodka for some reason tastes like aerosol hairspray smells to me...it make me puke after a sip

Dude, I hate the taste and smell of champagne, which is almost nonexistant. This was pretty nasty too, but my urge to get drunk finally overpowered my disgust with the taste of alcohol.  

Trish the Stalker

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:38 pm
I'm weird, my fingers are always warm...but then, my doctor told me that I have denser muscles too...what ever that means.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 115 116 117 118 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games