Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Extended Discussion!
What are your veiws on partial birth abortion ? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

well?
  for
  against
View Results

Goddess Ace
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:16 pm
Shazbot_the_Pirate
Anyone wanting me to move this to Extended Discussion?

Or should we leave it where it is? 3nodding

I say give it another day.

I reminded myself to move my Virginia Tech thread because I know it's a sensitive issue. Or for me at least, I'm for my VA state schools.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:23 pm
NeonKitty
For those of you that dont know Congress has recently voted against partial birth abortion making it illegal to preform.

and for those of you that dont know what partial abortion is when a women goes to FULL term and gives birth to a baby but only half way, half way down the birth canal a hole is jabbed through the LIVING babies head and its brain is sucked out.

basicly its murder of babies :3 or at least now you know my view...

You should change this to say what a partial abortion really is.

bluegrass cat
i'm not involving myself in an online debate about abortion because its highly unlikely that whatever anyone says here will change anyone else's opinion, and its rather akin to peeing up a pole, imho.

however, i would like to put the following info out there:

the term "partial-birth abortion" is NOT the correct medical term. its actually a term created by a pro-life republican congressman to characterize ALL late-term abortions, of which there are several kinds.

late-term abortions were, even before this new law, NOT performed on normal, healthy mothers with normal, healthy fetuses but ONLY on those who either discovered a severe abnormality ((like clover-leaf syndrome)) in the child too late OR when the baby was already dead.

the whole "brain suction" part is only so that the baby's head will collapse and pass through the cervix. it is NOT done to kill the baby, since the baby is already dead at that point anyway. ((even when the mother wasn't carrying a dead fetus and its instead done to terminate a child with an abnormality, its all handled BEFORE the actual extration part begins.))

late-term abortions are 1.4% of all abortions performed.

the original reason that late-term abortions were created was so that the mother did not have to go into actual labor to expell a dead fetus, and so the parents would have a body to mourn over ((previous methods included cutting the fetus into pieces for easier extration)).

and finally, no respectable doctor who wishes to keep his medical lic. will perform a late-term abortion without A REALLY GOOD MEDICAL REASON.

in other words, ho's don't run around getting them for shits and giggles.

that is all. heart

EDIT:

i also forgot.

for all the cries of "BUT IT COULD BE ADOPTED!!!" i'd like to put out there that there are currently over 500,000 kids in america's foster care/adoption program. and of those children in the programs, only 16% are actually adopted.

so, what are YOU doing to help those kids?

((and i'm probably sticking my foot in this debate sortof, but oh well.))

i think anyone who says "OMG IT COULD BE ADOPTED!!!" shouldn't say it unless THEY'RE willing to adopt, and lemme tell ya, its not easy.

my sister is currently trying to adopt because she can't have kids ((they've tried four times with fertility treatments)), and OMG the paperwork and the classes and the investigations and the interviews are CRAZY! sweatdrop

Thanks for posting this. I was about to do it myself.  

Googolplexian

DoriRo

Anxious Bibliophile

17,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Hunter 50
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:45 pm
Googolplexian
NeonKitty
For those of you that dont know Congress has recently voted against partial birth abortion making it illegal to preform.

and for those of you that dont know what partial abortion is when a women goes to FULL term and gives birth to a baby but only half way, half way down the birth canal a hole is jabbed through the LIVING babies head and its brain is sucked out.

bluegrass cat
i'm not involving myself in an online debate about abortion because its highly unlikely that whatever anyone says here will change anyone else's opinion, and its rather akin to peeing up a pole, imho.

the term "partial-birth abortion" is NOT the correct medical term. its actually a term created by a pro-life republican congressman to characterize ALL late-term abortions, of which there are several kinds.

late-term abortions were, even before this new law, NOT performed on normal, healthy mothers with normal, healthy fetuses but ONLY on those who either discovered a severe abnormality ((like clover-leaf syndrome)) in the child too late OR when the baby was already dead.

the whole "brain suction" part is only so that the baby's head will collapse and pass through the cervix. it is NOT done to kill the baby, since the baby is already dead at that point anyway. ((even when the mother wasn't carrying a dead fetus and its instead done to terminate a child with an abnormality, its all handled BEFORE the actual extration part begins.))

the original reason that late-term abortions were created was so that the mother did not have to go into actual labor to expell a dead fetus, and so the parents would have a body to mourn over ((previous methods included cutting the fetus into pieces for easier extration)).

and finally, no respectable doctor who wishes to keep his medical lic. will perform a late-term abortion without A REALLY GOOD MEDICAL REASON.

that is all. heart

EDIT:

i also forgot.

for all the cries of "BUT IT COULD BE ADOPTED!!!" i'd like to put out there that there are currently over 500,000 kids in america's foster care/adoption program. and of those children in the programs, only 16% are actually adopted.

i think anyone who says "OMG IT COULD BE ADOPTED!!!" shouldn't say it unless THEY'RE willing to adopt, and lemme tell ya, its not easy.

my sister is currently trying to adopt because she can't have kids ((they've tried four times with fertility treatments)), and OMG the paperwork and the classes and the investigations and the interviews are CRAZY! sweatdrop

I am FAR to lazy for that  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:47 pm
NeonKitty
Googolplexian
NeonKitty

bluegrass cat

that is all. heart

EDIT:

i also forgot.

<3 That's my Kitter.  

Shazbot_the_Pirate

SecondBanana

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:54 pm
NeonKitty
Googolplexian
NeonKitty

bluegrass cat

that is all. heart

EDIT:

i also forgot.

Me TOO. xp  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:08 pm
I am for. If my mother had not chosen to have an early abortion she probably would have been asked to allow them to preform it on her. The baby wasn't going to live and it was neccessary. We chose to abort so we didn't have to live through a heartbreak.  

EggaSponge

DoriRo

Anxious Bibliophile

17,050 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Hunter 50
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:14 pm
Shazbot_the_Pirate
NeonKitty
Googolplexian
NeonKitty

bluegrass cat

that is all. heart

EDIT:

i also forgot.

<3 That's my Kitter.
msn?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:56 am
Thats one of the most GROSSEST things i have ver heard. im totally against, that is murder, coz the baby is like born. evil  

Cahblue

Shazbot_the_Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:30 am
First of all, read the topic. Not just the first post.

Secondly, it's off to the ED with this.  
Extended Discussion!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces