Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Diagon Alley Streets Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:50 pm
User ImageUser Image
Denise Snow, Mother of three
Feather Snow, Upcoming first year

Where are we? Diagon Alley Streets
Why are we Here? To get Feather school Supplies
Who are we with? Each other
Feeling? Feather is excited, the boys are excited, Denise is rather frustrated.

Carter was gonna stop him but didn't since he had already gone. Feather smiled brightly at the thought of being interesting. AND Tori asked if she would help with Potions. "Sure. That sounds like fun all in it's own!" She said happily clapping her hands. When she heard that the other girl wanted to be a fashion designer an idea popped into her head. "What if we could combine our talents and make a potion that changed your outfit on your mood?!" She asked all of a sudden excited. Denise's eyes widened at the idea before chuckling. "That's pretty inspirational. Sounds like you know exactly what you want to do. très bon." She said slipping into her french heritage. She caught herself however and excused herself. "I mean Ver good."

When Kyson came back asking if they could go to the pet store, Denise raised an eyebrow. "You know... Feather still needs to get a pet for school. We could all go. If your up to it." She offered. She was giving an, Carter would get into some trouble and I know it kind of look.

User Image

Carter and Ryan Snow, Twins

The Shiny Furret

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:54 pm
User Image

----------r ι l e y--------w ι l ѕ o n----------

♪ You gotta fight ♫
♪ For your right ♫
♪ to PARTY! ♫

-----------ғ ι r ѕ т----y e a r----в l a n ĸ-----------

What am I doing? Walking onto Diagon Alley
How am I feeling? Excited!
What's on my mind? I want to get a wand!

The streets were packed with people; parents taking their children around to buy supplies, people milling about between shops, and average citizens going about their daily business. The heaviness of the air was starting to choke Rider. She leaned against the wall of a building and tucked her hair back into a ponytail. Then she nodded and took a deep breath, preparing herself. Pulling herself together, she spotted a group of people with two girls who looked about her age. She headed over to them and waved a greeting, huffing a little of the stress out. "'Ello, I'm Rider. Could ye show me where Gringott's Bank is?" she asked with a smile, a thick Irish accent rolling off her tongue. She smiled at the gathering of people.

-----------o υ т----o ғ----c н a r a c т e r-----------

{...}

SummerIsles

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:49 am
User Image
Maylene Rose - Victoria Renae - Kyson Jeffrey - Skylar Anne

Tori's eyes went wide at Feather's idea. A potion that changed your clothes depending on what you were feeling? That sounded so awesome! "Oh my gosh! That sounds like an amazing idea, Feather! We'd be famous if we came up with something like that!" she exclaimed with an excited twirl. Yup. She liked this girl already. Tori knew they were going to be great friends. "Oooh, was that French, Mrs. Snow? Could you teach me?" she added as the woman slipped out of English words. Speaking French just seemed so... classy! She had to learn the language before she became famous. She just had to!

In response to Denise's comment about the pet store, Maylene nodded. "Yes, that sounds like a grand idea. Maybe we can get Alice a new collar, eh Victoria? I think she'd love that, seeing as you're going to be bringing her to Hogwarts with you," she said, taking hold of Skylar's hand as she prepared to head out with the others. However, another girl approached them all as she was about to turn to head down the alley.

The girl introduced herself as Rider, and she spoke in an Irish accent. She was asking for directions to Gringott's Bank. Was she, perhaps, not from a magical family, or had she just never been to Diagon before? Maylene didn't know, and didn't feel right asking. Rider did, however, appear to be the same age as Victoria and Feather. "We could show you the way to Gringott's, Miss Rider. I need to pick up a little extra money for groceries, anyways. I am Maylene Macclellan, by the way, and these are my children, Victoria, Kyson, and Skylar," she said with a small, warm smile. The pet store could always wait, after all.

{ooc: emotion_yatta }
User Image

shabatha

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:59 pm
User ImageUser Image

Feather smiled happily. She was going to love school if she had any kind of classes with Tori Rae. And she knew she would have the core classes with her. "Sounds Awesome! I bet we could pull it off too!!!" She said happily bouncing up and down. She normally wasn't so chipper but hey. This was pretty awesome! Denise smiled. "Yes. It was french. I'm from France originally." She admitted. Then a young girl about Feather and Tori's age came up. Denise raised an eyebrow but nodded anyway. "Sounds good." She said happily

Carter continued to watch until Denise turned to him. She pulled out her wand and with a quick Accio Shirt, had Carter by the shirt. Since she pretty much knew where he was. "Shall we go? Now that I have my young ones as well." Feather just giggled at him.

User Image

The Shiny Furret

SummerIsles

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:11 pm
User Image

♪ You gotta fight ♫
♪ For your right ♫
♪ to PARTY! ♫

The blond woman with the one boy was the first to respond, saying she'd bring Rider over to the Bank. Then the other blond lady with the twin boys spoke up. Rider nodded and said, "Thank ye ma'am." She smiled happily, practically bounced with excitement. Turning to the two girls her age, she said, "I'm Rider! I'm gonna be a first year. Are ye both going to be too? Isn't this so exciting?!?" She smiled at both girls, hoping they'd be her friends. They already seemed to be fast friends, so she hoped to be included. Still smiling, she glanced up the road towards where she imagined their destination to be. Practically shaking with excitement, she marveled at the shops around her.

{...}

shabatha

The Shiny Furret

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:50 pm
User Image

Denise Accio'd her son to her, and with that, they were ready to head out. Her method of obtaining her son made Maylene chuckle quietly to herself. "Well, let's go then. Come along, dears. Gringott's is at the end of this street," May said, heading down the way with Skylar to her right. Kyson moved to walk with Carter and Ryan, while Tori stuck with Feather and Rider.

"Hi, Rider! I'm Tori Rae. Looks like all three of us ladies are gonna be First Years together. That's pretty cool," she said with a friendly smile. Rider seemed to be really excited just to be here. Had she never been to Diagon Alley before? Tori had been to the Alley on several handfuls of occasions, so it wasn't really that exciting for her. However, the fact that she was shopping for her upcoming term at Hogwarts did give her a little bit of excitement. "So, Feather's gonna get something at the pet store, right? What do you think you'll get? Do you have a pet, Rider? I have a cat named Alice. She's a chocolate tortoiseshell," Tori added as they walked, completely oblivious to her rambling.

{ooc: emotion_yatta }
User Image

shabatha

SummerIsles

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:39 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Dating Siobhan Lowery
                                                          Looking Regal at Diagon Alley with Lyall Thompson
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Calm
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ And so it begins... ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

People are soaring, always exploring, ✦ ✦ ✦xxx
                                                          Higher than they've ever been before. ✦ ✦ ✦xxxxxx
                                                          But we are still down here, ✦ ✦ ✦xxxxxxxxx
                                                          Feet on the ground near; ✦ ✦ ✦xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          What will rise us up with the rest? ✦ ✦ ✦xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceWesley tried to make as grand a show of it as possible when he opened the entrance to Diagon Alley for the young man, carefully pointing out exactly which brick needed to be tapped in the hopes that he would remember it come next year when he was doing his own shopping. Young Lyall was the first muggleborn he was taking to the shopping center this year, and he always seemed to feel awkward around the first. Something about the months of the school year made him feel rusty with it when he returned to what he considered the most important of his duties. Years ago, he might've been more concerned with the policies of the school than the fate of what he'd considered its less-than-remarkable students, but he'd come a long way since then. He offered the child a small smile, gesturing to the bustling street. "Welcome to Diagon Alley," he said, taking note that, as early as it was in the year, it still seemed rather crowded. Well, he'd have to keep a close watch on the boy, then. Usually business didn't pick up quite this much until at least late June. Apparently, that wasn't the case. "Here is where we'll pick up all the supplies you'll need while you attend Hogwarts. I do trust you looked over the supply list?" He paused, glancing at the child for a reaction. There were two kinds of children, he'd found; those who, upon hearing they would be attending a magical school, took their letters and supply lists and read them so many times the parchment was ready to fall apart and they had both memorized, and those who barely skimmed it and then eagerly awaited his direction. "Where would you like to go first? Generally, the logical thing to do is get the light-weight items out of the way first and save the heavier things, like your textbooks, for later, so that we're not having to carry them all day. It wouldn't be a problem this year, of course, since I could simply charm them, but you'll be on your own next year, or with your parents, and won't have that option, so it might be best to get into the habit." He wouldn't be surprised if the child immediately declared that he wanted to get either his wand, or whatever pet his parents had approved (Wesley would have to check the note he'd asked the child's parents to give him stating such, of course). Most children went for one of those first. He had to admit, one perk of his job was that most the children did get permission for a cat or something, which meant he had an excuse to stop by the Magical Menagerie and see Siobhan, which was always welcome. Not that the children would ever know that he was visiting with his girlfriend while they made their selection, he was careful to maintain propriety. But, it was rather lovely to get to see her, at the very least.

╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx✦ ✦ ✦ Our thoughts are quixotic, stark and robotic,
                                                          xxxxxx✦ ✦ ✦ Mechanical in nature all the time.
                                                          xxxxxxxxx✦ ✦ ✦ And pulses are firing in our head wiring,
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx✦ ✦ ✦ Guiding all our actions and beings.

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:00 pm
User ImageUser Image

upcσmíng fírst чєαrunsσrtєdmugglєвσrn

вєcαusє ι'м нαρρу

Lyall followed the man, taking several short steps to match each of the older's strides. They had walked through a little restaurant he'd never heard of, and faced a brick wall.... Bricks? The man pulled out a wand and tapped the bricks, making them open into a giant archway. The young boy smiled hugely in a state of sheer awe. "Th... that was amazing! Will I be able to do that stuff too?!" His eyes were wide, magnified by the lenses of his eyeglasses. He stepped onto the giant alley, wondering how long it had been there, hiding in plain view in the middle of London! It was all too amazing! The man asked if Lyall had read his shopping list, to which the boy nodded. "Yessir. I got it on my birthday, yes. And I've read it just enough to know most of the stuff on the list." His grin kept up, though his cheeks pinked a bit, embarrassed that he had let some of the items slip his mind. "Well, I need a uniform, books, a wand, and some odds-and-ends, right? I already have a cat, since I can't bring my bunny along to school with me. Mama decided to let me take her cat. Maybe we should go get my wand first? That way I can do magic too!" He beamed in excitement, already ready to go off to school and make friends! He bounced a bit, stopping only when the red frames of his specs slid down his nose a bit. "Then we can go get my uniform all ready, then the other... stuff, and we'll pick up books last, even if I really want them first. I just don't wanna have to carry them, 'cause my arms aren't very strong. Plus, I don't want you to use up all your magic on me!" He nodded, certain that the man save his magical powers for something more amazing, like opening more secret doors! Or... or flying! magic was sooooooo cool!

Cara MiaKitty

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:56 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Dating Siobhan Lowery
                                                          Looking Regal at Diagon Alley with Lyall Thompson
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Calm
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ And so it begins... ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

People are soaring, always exploring, ✦ ✦ ✦xxx
                                                          Higher than they've ever been before. ✦ ✦ ✦xxxxxx
                                                          But we are still down here, ✦ ✦ ✦xxxxxxxxx
                                                          Feet on the ground near; ✦ ✦ ✦xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          What will rise us up with the rest? ✦ ✦ ✦xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceWesley couldn't help the small smile that formed as the child exclaimed about the bricks, nodding in answer to his question. "Oh, you'll be able to do all sorts of things," he told Lyall. "Levitate things and fly on a broom, turn a teapot into a tortoise. Magic can be quite fascinating." Honestly, the former Slytherin had no idea how anyone got along without it. He still couldn't quite grasp the concept of living with no magic. In the past, he'd looked on muggles with pity... now he was simply baffled. He'd attempted to help one of his young charges carry their supplies without its help one year just as an experiment... it had been exhausting. He'd given up before they'd gotten to Flourish and Blotts. However did they manage? He'd never understand it.

spaceWesley was glad that the child was one of the ones who'd read over the list. Saved him the trouble of having to point out all the items. The ones who remembered it always knew exactly where they wanted to go, in what order. That the young man didn't recall them all was no big deal; he'd probably just forgotten the specific names of some of the textbooks, or a few odds and ends, like his potions supplies. Wesley, having been doing this for years now, had the thing memorized, and it rarely changed. That they wouldn't be stopping by the pet store was something of a disappointment, but ah, well. He gestured towards the wand shop. "This way, to Ollivander's then. You won't actually be able to use your wand yet, of course. Children under the age of 17 are not allowed to perform magic outside of school, and you haven't learned any spells yet, in any case. But, there's never any telling how long it will take. Wands can be tricky." he sad, placing a gentle hand on the boy's shoulder to direct him. The comment on wands brought a small smirk to his face as he thought of his son's chosen craft. He never would've expected Damien to go into wandmaking, but it was a rather fascinating area of study. He didn't blame his son for being intrigued.

spaceAs they walked, Wesley couldn't help but chuckle at the child's concerns. "Picking up the books last is the practical thing to do, but if you really want to, we'll get them after your wand. There's no worry that I'll 'use all my magic.' Extended use of difficult spells can wear a person down, but a quick shrinking charm or two, along with a featherweight charm, aren't any trouble at all." The idea that he could run out of magic amused him. Was that a common concern among muggleborns? And here he thought he'd heard everything.

╚══════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx✦ ✦ ✦ Our thoughts are quixotic, stark and robotic,
                                                          xxxxxx✦ ✦ ✦ Mechanical in nature all the time.
                                                          xxxxxxxxx✦ ✦ ✦ And pulses are firing in our head wiring,
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx✦ ✦ ✦ Guiding all our actions and beings.

User Image

(( OOC: ))
                                                          ** Exit to Ollivander's, I assume? o3o? **

Miss GryffindorK

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:11 pm
User ImageUser Image
upcσmíng fírst чєαrunsσrtєdmugglєвσrn

вєcαusє ι'м нαρρу

Lyall couldn't help but envision the glory that would come with the start of the school year, and the beginning of his magical career. He smiled up at the man, partly wondering why he'd want to turn a teapot into a tortoise. It seemed a bit silly, turning a teapot into a tortoise, didn't it? How would you cook tea with a turtle? He walked along beside the man, still taking several quick steps to match each of his, grinning. "See, if I wanted a teapot and a tortoise, I'd have to save up my allowance and buy them both. I suppose it's a convenient method, you know, to use your pet for drinks.... Actually, that sounds a bit horrifying..." He contemplated it, and simply decided he'd just never buy a tortoise. Brilliant!

Next, as the man spoke, it was decided that, even though he couldn't actually do magic until he was in school, Lyall would get to obtain his wand. It was next brought to mention that the boy didn't actually know how to do magic yet. When the man said that wands were tricky, Lyall looked up at him in confusion. "How's it tricky? Isn't it just a fancy stick? How hard can it be to pick a fancy stick? O-or, maybe if there's a whole bunch, it might take a while, but I can usually decide pretty easily." He resumed his bright smile, feeling a warm spot where the man lay his hand. Nervous tingles flittered around the boy's belly, but he smiled despite, excited for the events of the day. The man offered to make the books easy enough to carry, if Lyall wanted them next, but the young brunette shook his head lightly. "No hurry. I'll get them today, and I'm not really worried about when. I once had to wait a whole month before the next book in my favorite series! I can wait, I promise!" Lyall listened to Wesley's explanation of magic, and was more than delighted to know that he wouldn't run out of magic. How amazing! It would be nice to know he wouldn't run out when he was 70 or so.

Cara MiaKitty

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:31 pm
User ImageUser Image

Feather happily bounced along. "It's wonderful to meet you Rider! I'm Feather. I can't wait myself." She said happily to the new comer. She still thought her name was weird but hey, it just showed how weird her parents were. When Tori Rae turned her attention to the animals Feather was getting she tapped her finger on her chin. "My mum told me to get an owl... But I wanna look to see what i'm allowed to bring as a first year." She said happily. Denise rolled her eyes. Feather was so unpredictable sometimes. The girl hardly ever spoke this much but when excited she did. It was odd.

Carter was trying to tug his way out of his mother's grip. He shot glares at Ryan a couple times but ultimately it was almost obvious to see how the two were different. Ryan liked to NOT be in trouble. Carter liked to do things that would. Ryan looked at the three girls. They seemed so excited. He hoped he would be during his first year. Denise looked to Rider, "So where is your guardian?" She asked curiously.

((Sorry I was trying to wait to see if the governor i made would be accepted for more shenanigans for Miss Rider, but oh well...))

User Image

The Shiny Furret

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:54 pm
User Image

♪ You gotta fight ♫
♪ For your right ♫
♪ to PARTY! ♫

The girls seemed to welcome her with open arms, which made Rider very happy. She beamed bright as the sun when Tori asked her what kind of pet she was bringing. In truth, Rider was interested in seeing what kind of owls there were, because she loved listening to sing at night on her grandparents' farm. But she couldn't afford it currently. Her mother said they just had enough for the supplies for now. "Um, well, I'm bringing me cat Tintri with me this year. Me mum said I'd have to wait to see if we could afford another pet." Rider flipped her head over to Feather and smiled. The girl had a weird name, but Rider had heard worse. When Feather's mother asked where her guardians were, Rider blushed a little. "Well, ma'am, me mum and da... they're what you call Muggles. So they sent me up 'ere. And a nice man let me into the Alley." She shifted her posture a little sheepishly and blinked, hoping they wouldn't admonish her for running around without the Governor person that was supposed to meet her. But she was too excited to wait for them and now she was here.

{...}

shabatha

The Shiny Furret

SummerIsles

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:21 pm
User Image

Maylene nodded, listening to Rider explain her situation. So she was right, the girl was a Muggleborn. No matter. She was a sweetheart, and May was glad they happened upon her and could spend the afternoon assisting her. "Well, Miss Rider, I for one am glad we could help you on your first trip to the Alley. And if you ever need anything, you just let me know, okay dear?" she said as they approached the bank. Skylar seemed to struggle to keep up with her mother, her short legs rushing to keep up with the woman. Kyson, on the other hand, seemed to lurk in silence.

Tori smiled. So Feather wanted an owl and Rider was bringing her cat. "Oooh! Maybe our cats can be friends too! And owls are so pretty. I might have to get one eventually, to write to my friends in the summer and such," she exclaimed. Walking along, the girl spotted the bank as they approached the end of the street. "There it is! Gringott's Bank," she said. Maylene shook her head with a smile. Her daughter could be so excitable at times. With that, she opened the door, and entered the bank.

{{Exit to Gringott's Bank}}

{ooc: Sorry. I work a lot, and I bought Smash Bros. >.> I also moved us, since I took so long. c:}
User Image

shabatha

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:26 pm
User ImageUser Image

Feather listened intently as they talked. Denise smiled. "Well this is definitely fortuitous isn't it. Seems our girls are already the best of friends." She said chuckling. Feather turned as she heard both Rider and Tori were bringing cats. "Aunt Dee... Would you talk mum into letting me get a kitty?" She said asking her aunt while walking backwards. "We will see. Alright? But for now your mother wants you to get an owl." She responded. Carter walked as though he hated every minute of it and Ryan only looked around happily. He was so excited!

Feather smiled. "Alright Aunt Dee. Oh?" She asked turning and there is was! Gringott's.

((Don't worry about it! Oh gods we are about to run into Shayna xD Be prepared for Denise freaking out

*Exit to Gringotts*))

User Image

The Shiny Furret

SummerIsles

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:12 pm
User Image

♪ You gotta fight ♫
♪ For your right ♫
♪ to PARTY! ♫

Everything seemed to move so fast and before she knew it, they were standing in front of Gringott's. The bank was an imposing structure, making Rider feel smaller than she already was. Looking around at the two girls and their guardians and siblings, she felt out of place. For a moment. Then she smiled excitedly, ready to step into this new world in earnest. When Tori said that their cats could be friends, Rider made a face, giggled and said, "Tintri... he's not that friendly. He likes three people. My mum, me and my sister. Even da gets the short end of the stick with him." She giggled again. That was why they named him Tintri, the Irish Gaelic word for fiery. When Tori's mum opened the door to the bank, Rider swallowed a nervous lump and waited until everyone else had passed through the portal into the bank, then stepped through herself.

{Exit to Gringott's}

shabatha

The Shiny Furret

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games