Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
Revelio and Open Sesame! Double Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Teiha

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:03 am
Farinalgo and blue Yudokhath — IMPRESSION

Farinalgo. There is no harm at looking at a blue in hope, as long as you have the right one.

Farin started with a flinch. With bleary eyes, he looked around for the person who’d spoke to him. The other nearby candidates seemed to be too focused on the hatchlings. Maybe he was just so tired that he was starting to hear things. He rubbed his face and sighed. Hopefully the rest of the infants would Impress soon. Sleep was calling.

I've been waiting for you to notice me, and your Yudokhath is quite tired of waiting. Can we not eat now?

That’s when he realized the voice was in his head. And then he knew exactly where to look. He stepped between two other boys, and he came into sight, eyes already filled with exultant color. Oh. Oh my. That would explain that guilty feeling he’d had while looking at those blues.

All weariness vanished, and Farin went to his dragon. He didn’t waste one more moment just looking. He crouched and carefully gathered up the little blue, cradling him on his back like a mother cradles her child, and they completed their bond with their noses pressed together, gazing lovingly into each other’s eyes.

His elation was so potent that he was almost manic. He gently set Yudokhath down, and with a bellowing laugh, he jumped up, swinging a fist pointedly toward the stands. “EAT THAT, AY’RIL!” he yelled. “I GOT MY DRAGON, YOU SHAFFING NONBELIEVER!” He might regret that later, but was laughing again when he bent to scoop up his most perfect little blue and carried him off to feed.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:24 am
Sylfie
More bronzes? Twins, even? Another gold? Faranth! It was wonderful, but also borderline ridiculous, and perhaps a little intimidating. With two such large, metallic-rich clutches, how would future clutches be judged? Sylfie couldn't help but worry, especially since Hesperith wasn't a native-born gold. Oh, dear. "That- That is quite something," she agreed, leaving off her nibbling as she began to fret. "The Weyr will be pleased with itself, I'm sure."

Of course, there were also whites, the poor dears. She understood they were likely to have...difficulties here.

ShinosBee

Meepfur
Crew

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:36 am
Zyanzi was in awe. He stood toward the front of the ring of candidates, front row seat to the spectacular sight of tumbling dragonets hatching into the world. He felt his heart swell with sweet delight. He knew the hatching of so many was rare and auspicious, which made him all the more excited to be able to witness it. Seeing so many little ones finding their own filled him with happiness, though he knew the seed of sadness was trying to take root - - no, he wouldn't allow it. He stood up a little bit straighter, his copper brown eyes focused. He would be ready, regardless of if his chosen partner was here or not. This was a beautiful sight to behold, after all.

Look! Look at that! An egg contained more than one! Oh wow! The edge of his toes dug into sands as he laughed softly and grinned in delight.

Zyanzi watched, and then found his breath catch a bit. Another gold. And look how sweet she was! But... Only girls could have a shining gold... Well, at least he could watch in wonder at seeing her hatch!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:57 am
Torin

He'd suffered a few more scratches in addition to the bruise forming at his ankle, but all the while Torin stood tall and still, waiting for his if they were here. He had smiles of encouragement for the more rambunctious dragonets and nods for the business-minded babies, but he was subdued today, determined to keep from repeating the mistakes he had made when he'd passed out in front of the fisher.

Korbet

It took him a long while after the carnage to straighten again, but when he did, Korbet finally found his spirits in the proper place. Yes, he was properly devastated by the death on the sands, but... by Faranth's citrus-scented droppings... twin bronzes had just hatched out of that egg. Maybe Theo was right to be in awe. This was the sort of hatching that people wanted to hear about. It almost felt like he was seeing history in the making. Too bad he hadn't brought any paper of his own.

Smerdle

Scamp

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:52 am
M'deck (Maddeck) and Takuth -- Impression

Maddeck's work was cut out for him. Even with the other, on-duty healers, it there was no time for breaks between patients. Needless to say, by the time Takuth found him he was exhausted. He had lost sight of C'vi too and now craved that shoulder to lean on. Had he followed? Stayed in the Stands? How had C'vi felt about him running headlong into danger? No, those questions were the work of an overworked brain. If he was not careful, he would lose all concentration and go into shock. But he needed a break.

The Dementor Blue had little cheer to suck out of Maddeck's day. Nevertheless, his words wrapped around Maddeck like tendrils of shadow and ice.
MaddeckMine. A deep shudder rippled down the healer's spine. You realize they'll all die someday, don't you?

"What?" What kind of question was that?

More importantly, a dragon was questioning him? This was unprecedented. He knew of two dragons willing to speak to him and neither of them sounded this dark, nor this young. His confusion registered on his face as he finished with another patient. Stepping away, he glanced around him. No dragon. He had seemed so close as to be standing right next to Maddeck, speaking directly to his mind. Then he glanced further out, toward the Candidates, eggs, and hatchlings. There directly in his line of sight sat a hatchling all right. The sat almost unnnaturally still, a living gargoyle staring at him. Those tendrils of the mind grabbed hold of Maddeck firmly and their eyes locked. Rainbows filled Maddeck's vision, even in this long-distance Impression. It was nothing he could fathom, and if his brother or C'vi had described it before, those words could not begin to describe what he felt right now. He must have known it would be that way.

Finish up swiftly and come to your Takuth. I hunger, and must eat. This Impressing business is far too tedious for my ichor.

"Yes." There was no other answer to make. This dragon... this cold spiderlike mind filled a part of him that no one else could. "Actually, I'm done." He found the healer in charge and explained what had happened, gesturing to the little blue. Then he nodded and approached. "Takuth. I hope one day you will understand why I do what I do. There are more reasons than practical ones. There are more reasons than the rainbow."

I see. Takuth's eyes still whirled with a rainbow of color. His hide and his mind were rainbows of blue, grey, and black. That blue rainbow had invaded Maddeck's mind. Then I will trust you to teach this to me.

Maddeck nodded. "Let's get you some food."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:23 am
Zamistia and Nanuth

Zamistia and Nanuth had made it over to the feeding table, which seemed to be getting more crowded. She could hear her new brown growl softly, knowing he wasn't enjoying all these other dragons around. She could feel him sticking close to her, as she went to grab a bucket of meat for him. Waiting as he examined them, he soon picked out the one that would be his, before he led the way over to a more secluded spot. She began to cut up the meat as he sat near her, while paying attention to the sands. More people were impressing, but she didn't see any dragons going for her friends yet.

Don't worry, ZamistiaMine, your friends will have dragons as well. Hopefully from my clutchsibs or cousins, but we shall see. Though there have been a lot of new pairs, there are a lot of dragons still on the sands. There perfect match could still be out there,Nanuth assured his rider. He could feel how worried she was and he hoped all three would impress. Their dragons he would allow into his inner sanctuary, since obviously they would worthy of it. He began to eat the diced meat as Zamistia began to feed him.

Do you think Tizzy might...get a dragon too?she thought back to her brown.

Anything is possible, Mine. She has a good heart, so I hope so. Cousin Aviforth, Mine sends her congratulations to you and your's,he thought to the blue. He was reaching out to him because his somewhat new Cavera, so it seemed right to him.

Prism Shine

Thaliawen

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:34 am
W'ill and Brown Faloth
Cousin Alegriath, cousin Aviforth! Faloth chirped happily around a mouthful of meat. I'm so happy to see you! Isn't it SO COOL out here? All the running and flying we'll be able to do! Oh, I can't wait to fly! The small brown flapped his wings, nearly smacking W'ill in the face before wriggling further up into his arms and nosing him for more meat.

"Hey, take it easy!" W'ill chuckled, preparing more meat. He looked over at shy Arlie and Cavera and smiled warmly. "This is so great -- I never imagined I'd Impress, you know? It's more amazing than I ever imagined it would be. Faloth... he's just the best." Setting down his knife, he flung his arm around Faloth and held him close.

Faloth nuzzled W'ill. You will always have me, W'illMine. I will always be here.

medigel
Arlie and Alegriath!

Prism Shine
Cavera and Aviforth!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:48 am
Kinyegele

So many dragons were on the sands now, and those lovely blues all running to the arms of theirs! For a brief moment, jealousy - a nasty horrible thing to feel, really - tugged at Kinye's heart. But it was soon burned out by something else - elation.

"That little pink one was so...." she wasn't sure how to put it besides the most simple of terms; "Sweet!" she finally decided in answer to Fisher's inquiry. It was perhaps the worst choice she could make right then - she allowed herself to get her hopes up.

houllow

-----

Fahn

While the carnage of earlier was still lingering as a phantom - a darkness that would sweep in when the light of other things flickered and faltered - Fahn found it was easy to get swept back into the moment of baby dragons all about. There were so many - and so many were eager to go find theirs.

But perhaps that was a sign of her own lack of ....something, really - that someone unknown had died and now it just was a darkness to be dealt with later. That all these baby dragons had overshadowed that moment.

-----

Juhvek

It was hard to keep a count of how many of these dragons were still on the sands - who was impressed, oh that egg just hatched twins, nope, another impression. Juhvek, rather than disliking the chaos, found it was a nice engagement to his restless energy that would have much preferred some helpful task to be in his hands right then.

When things were in full swing, it was hard to not enjoy it - well, most of it...at least.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:48 am
Theo
Entranced as he was, Theo wasn’t oblivious. A moment ago he had been fixated on gleefully capturing the momentous sight of the twin bronzes, but as well-trained to vues of sight and sound, not to mention how...aware...of Sylfie he was—he could tell something was off. His eyes glanced from the scene below to the woman beside him, back again, and then to her, where they stayed. “Sylfie?” He shifted, pivoted slightly in his seat to half-face her, hands gone still as he gave the woman his full attention. “What’s wrong? Did I...miss something?” Fardles, he must have. He’d never been good at socializing with, with such beaut— ...such important people as her.

From down beside and between them, Regory discarded the core of the redfruit, obliviously dragging over a strip of meat with his claws to continue happily munching.
Meepfur

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:52 am
Shiloh - HR - She/Her
The Dolphincrafter couldn't believe the madness on the sands. So many dragons gone, and still more here. Bronzes, browns, blues....It was absolute madness. Honestly, she loved it. The chaos reminded her of the water, of being around the dolphins and learning them. It had made her life feel whole, and this? This was wonderful.

Rhys - HR - He/Him
The more babies appeared, the more he pulled himself back in to a smiling, bright state. No reason to let himself stay upset. He might as well send the babies all the love and encouragement he could!

Brenva - HR - She/Her
Standing was such a new experience. It was so much better than the brothels of Nabol, and here she was watching babies thrusting on to the sands from their shells. It was delightful, and the girl couldn't help but smile and try not to kneel and watch them. It was such a wonderful experience....Even if her wild, dark hair was far too warm on these hatching sands.  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

Ryuthulhu

Golden Knight

15,750 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Mystical Adversary 25
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:52 am
Saekagi

More bronzes? TWIN bronzes yet? ... And another gold? He thought his head was spinning, or maybe he might be hallucinating from being exhausted, hot, and embarrassed and splattered with someone else's blood, because he couldn't be counting right. Could he?

Browns too, and cheerful blues, and ... Shards. He didn't know what to think.

So many dragons had impressed and the sand was still full of chirps and croons and honks, and counting. He didn't even try and count the candidates left after the one dragon found his, didn't want to do -anything- that might somehow court bad luck. ... Er... worse luck. ...To be fair his luck had been sort of... fair to middling, on the lucky side as far as things went. He hadn't impressed (yet... he forced himself to correct, over an tide of tired-hungry-pessimism, but he was still alive and wasn't sitting with a healer putting his face back together.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:55 am
Ruunan [HR] - 16 - he/him/his - App Woodcrafter

After everything that had happened, Ruunan was very glad things were beginning to settle down. Some sense of normalcy glittered just beyond his grasp- and he knew it lingered in the promise of waking up on the morrow with nothing changed, everything just the same as he always knew it.

If he was picked to become rider, this day would mark the beginning of a strange new life, and that was madness. But it was a madness that might just work. He couldn’t help but smile. Having Rykin and Meztli nearby gave him some strength.

He listened and nodded as they discussed dragon personalities. Balizarth was a cool-minded, calculating dragon… at least, when he seemed to address Ruun’. Which was not often… still, they were well-matched, Ruunan thought. And for a moment, he found himself wondering about a dragon meant for him…

Would it be just as happy to work on its project, like him and his tables and chairs? A dragon that enjoyed carving wood? He stifled a small, stupid-sounding chuckle and shook his head at the thought. Yes. That was what dragons did. They carved wood. That was exactly why these massive clutches were happening: Pern was in need of more furniture.

He found his breath catching as Baby Mine showed signs of hatching… “That one… that one…” He started, trying to stop himself from panicking. “I made that one cry. Accidentally. Oh Faranth, I hope it doesn’t remember. I hope it’s okay.” Ruunan mumbled, staring at his burning toes. Oh no. Poor thing. It deserved a really good, strong rider. Please hatch safely.

The sight of three dragons errupting out of two eggs caught him by surprise, and he stared slack-jawed at the motley company assembled. It was all sorts of impressive, really. And a second gold? Another queen for the Weyr? Incredible, really.

These clutches- for all of the drama and fear and excitement… well, they were just incredible, really. Even Ruunan couldn’t deny that.

smerdle
rykin!

ShinosBee
metzli!

Quote:
catching up post!

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:59 am
Lucius--High Reaches Candidate

Still standing where he had been through most of the hatching, Lucius was at a loss for words. There was so many things going on and happening, it was hard to keep track of everything. He was trying his best, really he was but with dragonets impressing and then more of them hatching...it seemed like the number of dragons was not actually going down. He couldn't help but glance at Zelaya as he tried to get his bearings again.

"Woah.." This was the only word that came out of his mouth when he saw two eggs collide and then three dragons came out. He had never actually seem twin dragons before, let alone twin bronzes. He couldn't help but feel excitement when he probably should have started to get worried that he wasn't going to impress this time around.

Ah, but even if he didn't impress this time, it was still so very exciting to be a part of, to see all of these wonderful creatures up close and to know that he was at least being considered by them. .How he wished one of them was for him, but he would keep his dream alive no matter what. Disappointment had never stopped him before.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:06 am
Nyaranau [HR] - 19 - she/her/hers - App Beastcrafter

It was good to see so many Impressions, but it was getting harder to ignore the squeezing pain in her heart. Somewhere in those Stands, Rakara was watching them with a fierce look of pride and encouragement. And even Nyara was sometimes afraid of disappointing those who loved her.

Hey, it happened to the best of folk.

But there were still plenty of chances- still many dragons to meet, and admire. There was a chance one might be hers. She had to stay positive. Her grin grew brighter, more positive.

Ravenclaw drew her eye for a moment, and she smiled at how regal and composed it seemed. I hope all that calculated contemplation has paid off, friend. You’ve got this. She tried to send encouraging thoughts towards it.

And the crowd oohed and aahed over the new hatchlings- including Nyara, who cheered as two bronzes emerged from one egg. Amazing! Twins were such a sight, and well… these guys were kind of triplets, right? After all, that third dragon had hatched with them, even if it wasn’t quite from the same egg.

And another Queen! The hatching might have been bloody, but it also seemed fortuitous.

“You can do it little baby dragons. Come on!” Nyara tried to cheer for them- knowing that yelling would probably earn her a hard look at best, and possibly send the dragonets into a tizzy once more at worst.

No more bloodshed please.

Quote:
Positive thoughts for all dragons, especially Ravenclaw

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:16 am
Keleres [WW] - 21 - she/her/hers - JM Masseuse (spy)

What lay in store for them all, Kel wondered, watching in pure amazement as more dragons broke free. Sixty eggs was an easy number to say- but much, much more stunning to see. Sixty. That was incredible.

They were incredible.

And so, so sweet. The dragonet who counted to find his bonded. The dragonet who stole the a sandal. The dragonet who stayed by his sister’s side. The blood. The love. The protection they offered each other. Well, less blood would be good, but blood spent to save another was a price well paid? Ah… what a difficult question...

That was something she wanted to be a part of, it was something she craved. But it was something she respected watching from a distance- despite how drawn she was to the idea of Impressing. Keleres took the opportunity to self-reflect as the dragonets bumped and tumbled into each other.

Was she truly willing to lay down blood and love to protect those she loved?

Yes. Yes, of course. But then, the difficulty came in finding out who exactly counted as loved ones. She missed her adoptive mother, of course, and all of her siblings, but Kel had made the choice to leave. Even if it had been with encouragement, Kel had walked away. Now what was left?

Nothing. She thought, acutely aware that it was the love she envied. But I can make something of myself now. The hatching had brought her clarity, if nothing else. She tilted her head and watched each dragonet with a smile, glad that she’d had the opportunity to Stand. You’ve got this, dear ones. You are all loved out here. You’ll find the right rider in no time.

Quote:
open; Kel is pondering what fate has in store for her and is both admirative and envious of all of this beautiful love going around

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games