Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Diagon Alley Streets Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:07 am
Dakota Elijah Vann
Unsorted Future First Year
Half Blood - New to the Family

Isabelle Clarisse
Former Hufflepuff - Unemployed
Pure Blood - Explorer of the World

User ImageUser Image Location: Diagon Alley

Dakota was happy to be with his mother today. Though, his amazement came from the streets of Diagon Alley. Upon arrival he never stopped talking. "This place is amazing! A whole world full of shopping for wizards, who would have guessed it would be right here in London? I know I wouldn't have, then again I've never been to London before. I've read about it though..." Dakota rambled on the excitement showing the more he talked.

"Breathe Kota." Isabelle interrupted. He hadn't took a breath since he started it seemed. Stopping mid-sentence to breathe Dakota looked up at his mother with the biggest smile. "Now we're here to shop so where to first?" she asked him. "We have to get your potions stuff, wand, clothes, books, and your pet for school." she added with a smile. Dakota's eyes widened when she said books. "Can we get my books first? Please, please, please, please..." he asked jumping up and down. "Yes we can go get your books." Isabelle answered with a bright smile.

Dakota stopped jumping when he realized he didn't know where the book store was. "Um... where do we get my books?" he asked curiously. "You do know where right...?" Isabelle definitely remembered where she went to get her books. It was impossible to forget her whole childhood was right here. "Yes, I know where. We need to go to Flourish and Blotts. That's where I went when I was your age." she answered him.

"Okay let's go!" Dakota cheered taking Isabelle's hand and racing down the street with excitement.

(Exit to Flourish and Blotts)

Dakota

Wearing: Summer Fun!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Isabelle

Wearing: All in Grey

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

With: Each other
OOC: ---  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:42 pm
User ImageUser Image
єdítσr fσr whízz hαrd вσσksdαtíng хαvíєr níchσlsσn?

I've been awake for a while now. You've got me feelin' like a child now
'Cause every time I see your bubbly face I get the tingles in a silly place
The rain is falling on my window pane, but we are hiding in a safer place
Under covers staying safe and warm, you give me feelings that I adore

Lyre walked out of the shop, briefcase quite heavy once again. Her red hair was twisted into a formal updo, which she considered just yanking down. She'd been home for a few months, and had yet to see Xavier, but, as she hoped each time she walked about the Alley, maybe he would be there? Or, maybe there'd be someone she knew, one of the friends she had used to talk with... someone? The girl looked around, wondering if she should eat dinner or just go home and find something to munch on. Maybe she'd just find a niche in the alley and read a book she wouldn't have to correct grammar in. With a sigh, Lyre started walking up the sidewalk, watching her foot placement to avoid tumbling to the ground.

{OoC: Scene with Lyre/Kyla}

SummerIsles

It starts in my toes, makes me crinkle my nose, wherever it goes
I always know that you make me smile
Please stay for a while, now just take your time, wherever you go
It starts in my soul and I lose all control
When you kiss my nose the feeling shows
'Cause you make me smile, Baby, just take your time
Now holdin' me tight

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:50 pm
User Image

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

kчlα cσllíns
hσgwαrts hufflєpuff αlumní

'Cause I'm just a girl, little 'ol me
Don't let me out of your sight
I'm just a girl, all pretty and petite
So don't let me have any rights

Kyla's days were generally composed of walking around or thinking, trying to debate about what she wanted to do with the rest of her life. Having graduated from Hogwarts the year prior, she needed to get a career. Her mother was inclined to her starting work immediately, but Kyla wasn't sure what she wanted to do. Instead of listening to her mother harassing her, Kyla decided that a stroll through Diagon Alley would be a nice solution. When she spotted a flash of red hair on the road, Kyla stopped in her tracks. She remembered the face but she was trying to place it. She blinked, watching the girl as she walked, watching her feet. Narrowing her eyes, Kyla remembered why she knew the girl. It was Lyre Lutrix, a girl she'd gone to school with. But the girl had mysteriously disappeared... and now here she was. Well, if she was back, Kyla definitely wanted to say hi. She walked over to the girl and said, "Um, excuse me. You're Lyra Lutrix, right?"

I'm just a girl, what's my destiny?
What I've succumbed to Is making me numb
I'm just a girl, my apologies
What I've become is so burdensome
I'm just a girl, lucky me
Twiddle-dum there's no comparison

User Image

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

σut σf chαrαctєr
{...}

[quote="Miss GryffindorK"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:17 pm
User ImageUser Image

Lyre turned when someone spoke near her, the redhead nearly losing balance. It was a girl about her age, one the girl vaguely remembered from Hogwarts. Oh, what was her name? After remembering the blonde had been a Hufflepuff, a name came floating up. "Lyre, but yes I am. You're... Kyla, right?" She hoped the name was right, or else she'd feel like a complete jerk. Either way, the other girl seemed nice, so Lyre offered a smile, a stray curl falling from behind her ear.

{OoC:}

SummerIsles

Now holdin' me tight

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:22 pm
User Image

kчlα cσllíns

Kyla rolled back on her heels and smiled when the girl remembered her. She had been prolific at school, making friends with every House. One thing she was remembered for was being talkative. "Guilty as charged," she responded with a smile. "It's been a while. How have you been?" The young blonde seemed to float as she spoke with the other girl. Truthfully, Kyla was glad to bump into someone she knew, especially someone she hadn't seen in years. But the fact that it was Lyre Lutrix, the girl who poofed without a trace, made Kyla even happier. She was glad to find the girl alive and she wanted to know what had happened to her, but she would get to that later. She didn't want to jump down the poor girl's throat now, after all.

User Image

σut σf chαrαctєr
{...}

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:32 pm
User ImageUser Image

Lyre felt much better when the blonde confirmed her name. Kyla.... Collins. Yes, that was right. She was a Hufflepuff and a very friendly person. When asked how she had been, Lyre shrugged. "Not bad. I moved back just before the start of summer, and I got a job at Whizz Hard Books. How about you?" Admittedly, it was quite nice talking to someone her own age, so the redhead delighted in the rare moment of social interaction that didn't involve work or her aunt. Maybe she could meet up with Kyla more often? She was fun to talk with, at the very least.

SummerIsles

Now holdin' me tight

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:38 pm
User Image

kчlα cσllíns

Move back... did she just say 'moved back'? Hm, that did help to explain the mystery of the disappearance of Lyre Lutrix. She had asked how Kyla was so the bubbly girl smiled and said, "Oh, I've not been doing much since graduating. Mostly walking about and shopping. Trying to figure out what I want to do with my Hogwarts graduation." She shrugged and frowned momentarily, then returned to smiling. "I don't mean to pry, but you said 'move back', right? Where did you move?" Kyla bit her lip, hoping that this wasn't too personal a question, but Kyla had a near insatiable curiosity. And she most definitely did not believe that curiosity killed the cat.

User Image

σut σf chαrαctєr
{...}

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:57 pm
User ImageUser Image

Lyre nodded, knowing how it felt to be searching for work. She had gotten lucky, since she got a job she loved on the first try. Much better than working somewhere she hated, after all. When the blonde mentioned earlier words, Lyre gave a small nod. "Yes, I just moved back. I moved 'cross the pond with my family mid fifth year, and I only came back because my aunt offered lodging, and because I'm an adult. I do miss my parents, though, but they are successful over there. What did you think happened?" She was honestly curious to hear what others had decided caused the sudden leave, and if it would make her feel even worse about leaving her friends... and boyfriend.

SummerIsles

Now holdin' me tight

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:01 pm
User Image

kчlα cσllíns

Ahh, so she moved to America... or maybe Canada. Well that explained a lot. When she asked what Kyla thought about what happened, the girl shrugged. Sure, there had been rumors abound. A bunch of people had died or disappeared around that time so it was only logical that maybe that happened to her too. "There were rumors that maybe you'd quit or died or something. Personally, I wasn't too sure, but I didn't know you well enough, so I didn't want to speculate. But you're here now! So it doesn't matter what anyone thought before. Hey, are you busy right now?" Kyla herself had a busy day of nothing to accomplish, so if Lyre wasn't busy, maybe she could hang out with her and make the friendship they never really had at Hogwarts.

User Image

σut σf chαrαctєr
{...}

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:15 pm
User ImageUser Image

Lyre blinked at Kyla, hoping dearly that Xavier didn't think she'd died. That would be horrible! Then again, she was still clinging to the notion that he still wanted to be with her after she up and left without warning. Suddenly, the blonde was asking about Lyre's business, so the younger blinked. "Busy? Not really, no. I have to work on this edit a bit tonight, but I'm free for a while. What were you thinking of doing?" She hadn't ever talked to the girl for extended times, so perhaps this was a blessing in disguise? New friends were always nice, after all.

SummerIsles

Now holdin' me tight

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:54 pm
User Image

•.¸¸.•´´¯`•• .¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´´¯`•• .¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´´¯`•• .¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´´¯`•• .¸¸.•
ᗩﬡﬡᗩᕊᙓ♈ᖺxxxℱᙓᒪᓰᑕᓮᗩxxxᔕﬡᗝᗯ
•.¸¸.•´´¯`•• .¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´´¯`•• .¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´´¯`•• .¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´´¯`•• .¸¸.•

═════════════════════════════
Hufflepuff Alum///Hufflepuff Governor///27 Years Old

╔═════════════════════╗

It was a quiet day, now that the students were at Hogwarts and most places didn't have much going on otherwise. It was such a hype when it was school time. And now? There wasn't much for her to do. And as the Blonde entered Diagon Alley, she couldn't help but smile at some of the looks she got. She had dressed to impress that day. And no one in particular. The Young Snow Adult was rather happy to be attracting attention, even if she didn't really care who it was from. She wasn't normally interested in that sort of thing. And Annabeth was really rather excited now. Her niece had been accepted onto the Irish quidditch team! And she wanted to have something to cheer her niece on with, and to get some gifts for her nieces and Nephews who were on their house teams. Raph was going to graduate next year, and she hadn't gotten him anything! And Celaena? She was on reserve again, but they were all making their father proud. Of course, Raph was Christoph's son, so Christoph didn't care either way for quidditch.

Annabeth sighed as she neared the Wiseacre's Quidditch supply. She didn't know much about it herself... Maybe she could get some help?

╚═════════════════════╝

═════════════════════════
I'm looking rather cute in my feeling dressy attire
And it feels good to be with people like No one just yet
Although my mind keeps wandering to Let's see. Danny and Shayna are on the Ireland team, and Raph is on Hufflepuff, and Celaena is on Gryffindor... Sheesh...

═══════════════════════════

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:24 pm
User ImageUser Image

Uɴᴇᴍᴘʟᴏʏᴇᴅ Aᴅʀᴇɴᴀʟɪɴᴇ JᴜɴᴋɪᴇSɪɴɢʟᴇ, Bᴜᴛ Nᴏᴛ Aʟᴏɴᴇ

Cydney walked up the Alley, having just come from the Leaky for lunch. She looked over at a girl in a fancy dress, then pondered her. Why was she in such a nice dress to go somewhere in the alley? After a few minutes, Cyd was able to put a name to the face of the other female. "Annabeth Snow, right?" She hurried faster, smiling at the blonde. She got a better look now, and was sure it was the former Hufflepuff. It had to be. Who else could it be? "How are you? I've not seen you since Hogwarts!" Hopefully she was talking to the right person, or things may get weird.

{Oᴜᴛ Oғ Cʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ: derpy post, sorry}

shabatha

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:41 pm
User Image

╔═════════════════════╗

Annabeth turned as she heard her name and was astounded when a brunette came running at her. But then she recognized the face... Who? She couldn't put a name on until the other female said Hogwarts. Then it hit her. She burst into a giant grin and couldn't help but chuckle. "Oh my god... Cydney?! Cydney Wakefield? Are you kidding?" She asked excitedly. And the other girl looked good in that red poncho and boots. Oh those boots were to die for! Annabeth couldn't help but smile even brighter, if that was possible. "I've been alright. Became a Hogwarts governor. What about you? It has been what... Ten years?" She asked so happy to have seen an old classmate. She considered them friends, but hey, Hufflepuffs loved to say everyone was their friend. "Oh my god. I love your shoes!" She said not able to ignore the urge to comment on them.

╚═════════════════════╝

And it feels good to be with people like Cydney Wakefield
Although my mind keeps wandering to OMG I haven't seen her in forever!

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:07 pm
User ImageUser Image

Uɴᴇᴍᴘʟᴏʏᴇᴅ Aᴅʀᴇɴᴀʟɪɴᴇ JᴜɴᴋɪᴇSɪɴɢʟᴇ, Bᴜᴛ Nᴏᴛ Aʟᴏɴᴇ

Cydney grinned at the blonde, feeling excited that she'd come across the woman. "Cyd Wakefield present and accounted for." The Hufflepuff seemed elated, which only boosted Cyd's mood. "You're a governor? That sounds like a good job. I currently am between jobs, but I'm gonna find one soon enough. And yea, I think ten years since we've run into each other. How brill we were both shopping today!" She grinned, then pushed a bit of hair behind her ear. When Annabeth commented on Cyd's boots, the brunette looked at her feet and nodded. "I like 'em. Got them as a gift from my cousin last year. They're surprisingly comfy, actually." She looked back up, trying to remember which of her cousins had gifted them, before shrugging and smiling.

{Oᴜᴛ Oғ Cʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ:}

shabatha

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:41 pm
User Image

╔═════════════════════╗

Annabeth chuckled. Cydney was just as she remembered. "It's very nice. I enjoy helping the muggleborn kids who have no idea what to do. I like making their lives easier before school. It's fulfilling." She said shrugging. When the other said she didn't have a job at the moment, she was curious. "Are you still looking to travel the world?" She asked curiously. If she remembered correctly, Cyd had been wanting to travel the world or something. Maybe that was a different Brunette Gryffindor? Who knew unless she asked right? She nodded. "Yeah. My niece is the new seeker for the Ireland Quidditch team, and I'd like to get her a congratulations gift. And they look extremely comfy! What are you shopping for Cyd?" She asked curiously.

╚═════════════════════╝

And it feels good to be with people like Cydney Wakefield
Although my mind keeps wandering to OMG I haven't seen her in forever!

Miss GryffindorK

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games