Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
Revelio and Open Sesame! Double Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:25 am
Nashwa - NPC Candidate
My, my! This was all quite the affair, wasn't it? Nashwa had been both lucky and aware enough (mostly lucky) to avoid any injuries during the height of the drama, and had altogether stayed out of the way and unobtrusive when it came to both dragons and people. A polite inquiry or offer of help here and there if another candidate seemed upset or looked to be injured, but beyond that, she had kept to herself. This show was all about the precious little hatchlings, after all, and she would keep her attention on them, right where it was meant to be, with every positive and encouraging thought she could muster - which was quite a lot, when it was needed!

The willowy young woman watched every wiggle and game and disagreement with deep interest, and took particular note of which of her fellow Western candidates Impressed. She could only hope that one day she might be considered so worthy, but no jealousy blossomed in her heart. A touch of wistfulness, perhaps, but more than anything there was hope and respect for the new pairs.

More and more formed all the time, and then - Faranth! - twin bronzes, who had a bit of a run-in with their brown brother. The larger twin seemed displeased, and though she sympathized with the brown for the little accident, she could certainly understand the bronze's position as well.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:36 am
Sylfie
As engrossed as he'd been with the Hatching the longer and longer it went on, to have Theo's attention so suddenly was quite the surprise, and...and he was concerned for some reason! Oh, dear. Wide, startled eyes were quickly cast down and away (Regory and his eating habits were ever so fascinating), and she blushed. "I- No, of course not, everything's fine," she rushed to assure him, "I was only thinking, nothing important. Just- There are quite a lot of babies, aren't there? Even...even some whites."

There. It wasn't quite a lie, more of a deflection, so she didn't feel so bad about it.

ShinosBee

Meepfur
Crew

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:54 am
Jeri
So many hatchlings, so many Impressions! Jeri could hardly keep up with them all, though she did notice the twin bronze babies emerging from one egg and the second little white AND the second gold. Squealing at each emerging dragonet, she bounced up and down and clung to Fahn and Helane as if none of the previous traumatic events had even happened. In other words, business as usual for Jeri.

"Oh my shells and shards did you see THAT??? I can't even believe this Hatching you guys!"

demon_pachabel
for Fahn!

Revel1984
for Helane!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:41 am
dhawsn

Well, look at that! Veltanna went off with her dragon, and so did that gray-haired woman who had glared at him from the stands. And a bunch of others as well. And there were still...more...eggs.................

Dhawsn started to wonder if the trouble of sneaking into the stands to sit would be worth it. This hatching was gonna take a while.

But he remained where he was and continued to cheer on the dragonets and eggs still there with them. "Let's go babies!" clap clap clapclapclap "Let's go babies!"

medigel

Anxious Spirit

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:06 pm
THIS IS AMAZING! Aroontwa was so excited. So many beautiful dragons! “Look at them all! They are so lovely. That green! That blue! And a second gold!” He didn’t care if those standing next to him were annoyed by his gushing. The babies were wonderful and fully deserved it. It also didn’t matter if he impressed to him. He still had time to wait for the perfect one. Just to be able to be at this historic event was enough. He was bouncing with excitement. Someone had to be taking notes right? They would right about this in the scrolls. They had to!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:10 pm
Calla felt like a ghost floating between two worlds, her head pounding. It was probably from all of it -- the hunger, the exhaustion, the hurt feet, the sudden weight off of her from finding Flori and the sudden weight on her from losing her mother. It was... a lot. Even for Calla. She kept a stiff upper lip as Florianth nuzzled the side of her face like a cat.

When she finally stepped up to the table where the other paired riders sat, the little blue straightened, taking on a more dignified look. There were ladies about. Salutations, he said formally, doing a dragon-ish bow of his head. No sooner had they entered that a white dragonet -- oh, why, she was lovely -- called out to him.

Of course, Alegriath, he said brightly. And then, a little more solemn: Mine is a bit out of sorts currently. Someone hurt my twenty-and-one's feelings. If a dragon could look forlorn, he did.

Calla allowed herself to be directed by Florianth, taking a seat by Arlie and methodically cutting up pieces of meat. It was good to have something to do with her hands, as deep down the rabbit hole of feelings and memory as she was falling. She passed a few to Flori who began nibbling away a bit messily. He may want to be a prince, but he was still a baby. Calla carefully wiped some of the stray pieces away, her hands lingering on his face.

Florianth nudged her and then eyeballed another piece of meat. Say hiiiiiiiiii, Mine. Humans like when you greet them. Well. So do dragons. These are our new compatriots! He didn't say family, which was good. That would have hurt.

Allowing herself to be directed, Calla passed another piece of meat to blue who settled on the ground beside her and turned to the girl on her other side. "Hi, I'm Calla. Your white is lovely," she said reflexively, face dead and clearly wiped. She allowed her eyes to adjust to the girl's face. "I've seen you in lessons." It wasn't a great conversation starter, but Calla was not in a great place.

medigel

Akina Tokuwa

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:17 pm
Dehka

He almost missed a step at those words, his eyes widening with surprise. He'd never even considered that the bronze might be for him... but for Kahbrohm to think they might have been okay as partners... He quickly swallowed a lump in his throat, letting his brother grab him and steer him on. He winced quietly as the worst slashes on his face were stitched up. The green's talons had just missed his eye it seemed, but it was quite agitated from all the blood. To be safe, a large bandage was wrapped around the side of his face so that said eye could rest.

He practically gawked when a green barreled into the tents, jolting when Kah smacked at his arm to get his attention. "I-I don't know! Look, there's another gold! And more bronzes!"

"N-Nothing too serious!" He confirmed, looking at his friend with obvious worry. He still didn't have his glasses, did he? He should have looked for them before coming over... "Are you okay? And no kidding! I don't think--I can't believe how many metallics there are! I think two of the bronzes were twins, Orri!"

He hoped Soui was alright. They'd left her all alone out there... but she'd be okay. She was a strong girl. He believed in her. As it was, he squinted at the babies as best he could. So many eggs had been hidden underneath the sands! Perhaps they'd needed more time to incubate and the mothers hadn't wanted them to be touched until they were ready...?

demon_pachabel

medigel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:23 pm
How had he kept him waiting? He didn't even have time to fret over how terrible he was for making his beloved wait so long. Sylyas' body tensed for a beat before he ran to embrace the brown dragon. His fingers plucked bits of broken shell away as he started to lead the babe toward the feeding grounds.

(Whee I forgot how to do this!!!)  

zombeikid

Feline Lunatic

2,050 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:34 pm
As if sensing the sadness at the table, Anakumath seemed content in her feeding to move to another position. The tiny gold shifted to rest her head on Calla's knee with a soft, almost airy cheep. Certainly, dear Florianth was taking care of it, but the gesture was like a sympathetic hand being laid upon a shoulder for only a moment, before her attention returned fully to her beloved Martirae.

Akina Tokuwa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:08 pm
Belia and Cozellath

Just from where they were seated, her tiny green small enough to rest right beside and half behind her, the pair were already jittering with an incredible amount of energy. While Belia herself couldn't actually see the impression from where she was sitting she knew that Cozellath had and the little green gave a small hum to alert her. She wanted to scream her joy out to the sky, to hop up and down and let Zamistia and her newly Impressed little brown that she was so proud of them and so very excited to see what they would do. Obviously she knew that she couldn't risk screaming so loudly and possibly scaring any of the still unimpressed babies on the sands but her entire body was vibrating with joy and excitement.

As the two of you are always welcome to come and visit us whenever you need to. Our weyr ledge is always open for you no matter what it is you need. Congratulations to you both, I cannot wait to actually meet you small one. Enjoy your first meal. Cozellath calmly spoke to both of them, her voice level and relaxed as she relayed the joy that both herself and her rider felt. It would be much better to be laid back about it in order to not fluster either of them, especially with Belia's exuberance.

Dea and #Teddy#

Tsuyat and Yudueth

There had been one little form that eyes had been on, a pair of them bright yellow even as he still pushed all his love through the connection he felt with his rider because he didn't want to overwhelm any baby dragon that might be looking for Soui. For his twin. To his credit, Tsuyat had been sitting calmly as he held Remedy under one arm and stayed open to Preserve on his other shoulder. She'd been saved by her new friends, kept safe on those sands from any further scars and pain, at least physical. To see one's friends ripped up in front of her very eyes, it had him concerned for a short time until.....

A white. A beautiful little white that came right up to her. Only Yudueth's eyes could see the rainbows, only his could see the Impression as it happened, though he relayed it over to him as it happened and relief and love filled both of them. Soui had a dragon, such a beautiful white that would push her and grow with her and love her with every fiber of it's being. Such a deep well of respect rose up in Tsuyat that he almost went a little boneless from the joy of seeing it. She was safe from her family now, on another continent and a world away from them.

Of course there would be hardships, there would be challenges as a white rider in such a dark stone Weyr in the mountains of stymied thinking. That beach would be a little less sunny now, but he knew in his heart of hearts that she would be the best rider she could be and continuously prove to High Reaches just how amazing she was now that she had a chance to do it alongside friends and family she had made on the sands. Soui would be alright, better than alright, she would be extraordinary.

Slowly he lifted an arm up so that Remedy could escape and the little bronze winked out without so much as a peep, but that wasn't the fire lizard that Tsuyat was worried about. He'd released Remedy so that he could pull a small scroll from his pocket, one that he'd written a message on long ago knowing that this day might have come. With a piece of string he tied it to Preserve's tail and looked the little bronze in his bright purple eyes, "You can come back whenever you're ready but you make sure you give this to Soui when you can in a couple of hours. Alright little buddy? I can't give it to her myself, so make sure she gets it, I trust you."

Preserve cheeped brightly and hopped up out of his hands to wink between, likely following after Remedy wherever the other bronze had gone. A smile crossed the rider's face as he stood and walked to where his dragon waited, he had drills with his wing today and Soui needed time to bond with her new little dragon. He knew that he would see her later at the feast, he hoped at least, but for now Soui of High Reaches and her beautiful new dragon, they needed to learn to be the extraordinary pair they would grow to be and meet new friends.

houllow

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:12 pm
Siv

Siv remained in the sand. No, she wasn't dead -- yes it hurt but her pride was still rather wounded. Still, she caught sight of more Impressions -- gey! The brown Gryffindor Impressed! Good on him!... She was going to just sort of wait here a little longer to let her pride recover. She kind of needed her pride to mend. A few burns werte worth that.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:38 pm
YURASTAR

With all the dragonets going around, all the babies on the sands, Yura more or less had a faint hope he could impress. They weren't a lot of greens though and strangely a few eggs still not hatched. Lots of candidates would not leave alone tonight, but even more would go back to empty bunks. No need for negative thoughts though, he reminded himself, considering he was only fifteen turns and well?

He had plenty of time. Plus walking away was better than being carted away.

-----

FISHER

"I had an egg tell me to take my shoes off. That was pretty weird." That had been the experience Fisher decided to remember the most, and she snickered a little as she told Kinye. "I went to the stands an' actually did that at the tail end'a the touchin'. Felt nice."

Speaking of shoes and feelings, Fishre looked down to where her bare foot had been on the sands the entire time. She was the sort to shift anyway when standing due to her restless nature so if it was burning, she couldn't tell. Part of Fisher was sure the soles of her feet were so thick that she could step on a nail and be fine.

In fact, she knew she could.

demon_pachabel

- ----

HAVELI

Every now and then she found herself glancing over in the direction her sister went, and worry flooded her veins. Would Arlie be okay? There was nothing that would keep Haveli from being with her if she could, even the lack of Impression; now that a cooler mind had prevailed she understood more.

Now she just needed confirmation about a few things.  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:53 pm
Elyk

There were a great many things that were happening around them. One dead Candidate. A couple of Candidates having the lower half of their robes ripped off as another dragonet lashed out at their ankles and calves and drew blood. Dragonets fighting with each other. Candidates crowding around one particular egg that was apparently having difficulty getting out until a punch on its shell by one smart aleck had both parents roaring at them to back off as they scooped up the egg and kept it well beyond their reach.

Glancing at Andrestia, Elyk shrugged again and offered a small smile in return. "Yeah. I hope that you'll be able to impress too Andrestia. Always better to spend the evening drinking, feasting and celebrating with Ours than trying to forget about our failure to impress." Just how many more eggs were there remaining anyway? How many more till it was clear that this hatching was not meant for them in the end? "I'm Elyk." It was getting harder and harder to remain hopeful that they would find Theirs and as hope dwindles, worry rises from within the depths of his heart as to what he ought to say and do when he saw Sa'do and his brother next. He should probably find a better hiding place for a few days for a start. It shouldn't be too hard to find more duties to take on with the number of Candidates that were going to move out after this hatching was over and done with.

stella cinere

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:59 pm
standidates oz & glinda

"There's always someone with that sort of humor," Oz said breezily.

"Selling I Survived! merchandise is one of the most gauche ideas I've heard you spew out, and it will get us kicked out. It's incredibly inappropriate and always will be."

"Some of the best jokes are inappropriate. People like being able to laugh, y'know."

Glinda fixed him with a cold look. "Death," she said with prim annunciation, "is not a joke."

Oz simpered with a one-shouldered shrug. "Life is. Anyway." He leaned towards his sister, still gazing ahead at the stirring sands, and held his hand out to her, palm up. "You owe me a mark, I believe~"

Glinda continued to glare at him for a moment more before turning back to the dragonets. "We're clearly not finished here," she said as more eggs began to turn, crack open, and pop out.

"Fiiiiiine."

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:33 pm
Whren

It seemed that all the hatchlings wanted to come out now. So many blues at the moment, and greens, and a pair of twin bronzes? There had been twins the last hatchling that he had been to. A green and a Blue. The larger seemed to be protective perhaps, or perhaps just cranky.

He looked over the clutch, noting a few eggs still unhatched. 8 eggs, that he could see. Including the poor little egg that had been punched repeatedly. Poor thing probably didn't want to some out yet, after all of that.  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games