Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
Revelio and Open Sesame! Double Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:34 pm
Taibbi
There was another gold on the sands. Taibbi perked right up when she saw that. The twin bronzes were very good for Pern as a whole, she knew but a gold. She was fifteen. She couldn't help it. She wanted to be worthy of a gold dragon. She didn't even know what she would do if a queen found her worthy, not in the long run, anyway, but there was just an innate part of her that couldn't help coveting the shiny hide.

Fortunately for everyone, Taibbi was stumblingly tired, and thus in no position to do anything truly stupid, like approach the gold and introduce herself. Instead, the sleepy candidate took advantage of her momentary jolt of adrenaline to move more toward the healers so that she could turn her head and check on Tizzy from time to time. Her friend had looked very dead the last time she'd seen her, and that was something she would have to come to terms with, emotionally, in the near future, even though she knew that Tizzy was not, in fact, dead (thank Faranth!).

Quote:
If there is future violence to be done, I volunteer Taibbi, even if I'm asleep.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:00 pm
Rhylune

Look at that cute little gold! Rhylune couldn't help give a soft croon at the little hatchling. Such a precious little thing. She seemed to be soo sweet. Who going to be yours, you cute thing? She wished she had actually touched that egg, but well she had been rather enamored with the other eggs. Maybe nimbus would hatch sooon tooo.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:41 pm
Nonami - Western Candidate

The presented hand was met with no hesitation, a slimmer, smaller hand slipping into Amare’s. Though a chance that she could feel their slight trembles, the young candidate was a bit heartened by their sister being close. To imagine being on the sands without such a strong shoulder to lean on… No, no. Those were bad thoughts. Only good thoughts, that was right. They shyly looked up, worrying their bottom lip gently. “I - I don’t think I will--candidates rarely impress on their first standing, right..?” But candidates stood until their dragon found them, or they grew too old to stand. Yet Nonami buried their face gently against Amare’s arm, but keeping an eye out on all those babies still on the sands.

Mr Cheri

/ / / /

Ielin - High Reaches Candidate

With all the activity that seemed to resurge just when things seemed to be winding down, Ielin shifted from foot to foot wearily. His aches and wounds are becoming more apparent, and any little shift makes the dried blood shift and crack. His skin itches, burns. There’s so much going on, and he found himself with his gaze wandering. Yet.. Rizdax isn’t among the crowd. A frown gently plays on his face, as he rocks back and forth -- no, his friend was not on the sands.

Odd, because he hadn’t seen him leave. Yet, he also sees some of the group he had been standing with.

Ielin turns, his gaze flitting up above into the sands briefly, wondering if his foster dads might be watching him, wonders if his injuries might disappoint them --

But an egg crashing into another draws his attention, one that produced three dragons. Even if he takes a few steps back, he needed to pay attention. It was a hatchday after all, they deserved all the glory.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:53 pm
Tokki
"Come on, wake up," Tokki muttered to himself as he lightly smacked his cheeks, once more wishing he had some klah. Hearing some gasps amongst the other Candidates, he looked up in time to see two little bronze babies spill out of a single egg, and his eyes widened. Twins? How often did THAT happen? They were adorable, though Tokki really didn't think he stood a chance of Impressing a bronze.

Then another gold hatched! Now things were getting exciting! He wondered how many more there were left to hatch and Impress. Trying to count them, he quickly lost track of the number as dragonets scampered about and found their bondmates, and he shrugged and gave up with a smile. All he knew is there were a LOT!  

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:18 pm
Cavera and Blue Aviforth

Oh, all this attention! Aviforth had a hard time concentrating, his head whipping around from one family member to the next. Yet Cavera’s hand was gentle on the side of his head, drawing attention back to focusing on bits of meat until the dragon seemed much more satisfied. “Sometimes we have to do what we must before fun, sweetest.”

Eugh, Sweetest, must we talk about necessary things on my hatchday? Look at my family, I must attend. Yet his eyes whirl the most brilliant purple Cavera had ever seen, and pressed his muzzle into her now clean hands.

Sweet cousin Nanuth, send Yours our congratulations as well -- my own and my Dearest’s. She knows Mine, so she’s great in my book already~.

Oh, who else was calling to him?

Oh sweetest sister Alegriath! My entrance into the world wasn’t as grand as I had planned, but now I have the rest of my life to make up for it. Give my best to Yours, dear -- I know only you could get the best of these candidates, apart from mine, that is. He croons down the table to his little white sister, wishing for all the world he had seen her arrival as well.

Yet Aviforth could only turn back around to his brown cousin, crooning so sweetly. Oh, it’s so much better than I could have ever imagined, Faloth. Oh I cannot wait to fly. Question is, who will be in the air first--you, or I? There’s a playful whirl to his eyes, as he spreads his patterned wings wide.

Dea and #Teddy#
Zamistia and Nanuth

medigel
Arlie and Alegriath

tatterpixie
W’ill and Faloth

Quote:
Anyone else welcome to come say hi to the chatterbox ;D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:23 pm
Candidate Nalacko she/her

Nala waited and shuffled, and shuffled and waited. Her thoughts were momentarily pulled back to the two lucky women who’d impressed from their group. She seemed to recall something similar happened to her at the Tea clutch. All those around her impressed and left her standing alone on the sands.

Would that happen again? Would Shar’s dragon come to claim her and leave Nala all alone? Was she just a good luck that brought other candidates their dragons? She didn’t like the thought of being alone. Her father would probably mock her again.  

magnadearel

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:02 pm
Kahbrohm

If he hadn't been getting handled by a healer, Kahbrohm would have had a rougher answer to how he was for Orri than he was given the opportunity to give. One woman had grabbed his face to check his eyes, much to his annoyance.

"My eyes are fine," he hissed and the woman gave him a frank look. "Are they?" she asked, clearly unimpressed, "I wanted to be sure since you clearly let a rampaging hatchling savage you without trying to protect yourself properly from it," she pointed out. Once she was done looking, she let him go to tend to other Candidates who were also getting patched up, leaving Kahbrohm looking livid.

Or maybe that was his normal expression.

"Plenty of dragons out there. You still have a chance, I'm sure," he said, though if it was meant for Dehka, Orri, neither, or both, Kahbrohm didn't clarify.

tsunake

medigel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:23 pm
Martirae of Gold Anakumath

Aviforth, Anakumath greeted her brother sweetly, looking over each dragon who had come back, trying to get a good idea of who theirs were. The blue had come back with a very sweet looking girl which she felt suited him just fine. Of course, she would have never doubted the choices of any of them. They had been as certain as she was, after all.

Martirae idly stroked along her lifemate's - Faranth, part of her was still in disbelief -face, her fingers easily seeking out all those little places that itched. She..itched. Has your meal settled? Marty asked, heart nearly skipping a beat as the tiny gold looked up at her, eyes whirling with purple and yellow and blue - all colors that had never looked so lovely until they had been caught there in her gaze. It has...is it time to go somewhere? she inquired, a hint of nervousness in her tone. Nowhere far. I need to oil up your hide so you don't itch, love. Marty explained. As necessary of an action as it was, though, the gold lifting her head from where she'd rested it on the woman's knee bordered on painful to Marty.

But she'd have rather suffered all the agony in the world than allow Anakumath any discomfort..

Finally standing, leaving a warm seat for someone else to take up to feed their own dragon, Marty joined the others who had begun to oil their own. The task gave her a good excuse to spread out one of Anakumath's wings, looking her over thoroughly though for what she wasn't sure. Perhaps only to see. To treasure every inch of her. Crouched, the gold rested her head back on Martirae's knee with a sigh, eyes half-closed as the oiled brush scrubbed diligently over her hide.

This early in the morning, she was near ready to just fall right to sleep.

Prism Shine
A brief greeting from Ana.

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:52 pm
Rothgar // he/him | BeastCraft: Weyrherd | Candidate

The young Weyrherd turned Candidate had returned to the sands with wrapped up arms as soon as he was able. There was enough time to catch a glimpse of a white dragon. Later on, two bronzes from one egg. He did not have the best view of their collision but initially he had assumed the second bronze had been hidden in the sand. But no! Somehow they had fit into one single egg. After that greeny-bronze, these dragons were also fascinating! And the tiny gold, while not as awe-inspiring to him, was still interesting! The clutch had enough abnormalities that he began to wonder if they might choose him, and with that thought, eventually, he tried to guess how his family would take it. His father was quite traditional-minded and should one of his sons Impress to say, that greeny-bronze, what would he think? Rothgar drew a blank. Perhaps there was hope yet of being the first of his siblings to Impress metallic. Maybe, maybe even if his dragon was not traditional in every sense, that metal factor would be enough?

Rothgar chuckled to himself. It was not as if he could begin to expect any Impression at all. Just because his brothers and sisters fought Thread did not mean he would as well. He just wanted to, that's all.

(( Hi. If more violence is needed, Rothgar's your man. He's already injured, but tis only a flesh wound. But um, no death please. ))  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:07 pm
Mystery Egg Green
The little green dragon continued to pick her way around the Hatching Sands. Her spirits weren't down even if she seemed to be invisible. Maybe there was just too much going on for anyone to worry overly much about a silly little green. Hers would surely want her as much as she wanted them... and then they could have a good time together, couldn't they?

She paused now and then, stopping here and there to sniff at a robe, or to bat at a little bit of sand. Was that Hers?

. . . no.

What about that one?

No.

Well, surely they had to be somewhere? Maybe... maybe over there?

- - - -
Remember Me Gold
The little dragon sat there for a moment, peeking behind her at the many Candidates. Something just didn't seem right though. The faces that stared back were a mix of hopeful and sad; tired and hurt, and there was... there was blood on the sands. The little gold gave a sad chirrup, even as she finally got shakily to her feet. Turning back to look up at her mother, she took a few steps closer so she might snuggle up to the large, pale gold. Her eyes whirled a bit brighter yellow when she noticed the little egg within her mother's claws, and she immediately reached out her neck to boop the egg fondly with her little snoot. Surely, little egg would be safe and secure and loved and .... eventually freed. Mother knew best, after all.

The large queen leaned her head down to give the little gold another affectionate nuzzle. The little baby licked the large queen's nose, eyes whirling purple-blue with love, before she... turned to look back towards the Candidates. With a questioning creel, she took a few steps away from her mother, deciding that... perhaps she had best meet them all. Something wasn't right, and the little one wasn't happy about it. Something had happened while she was in the egg and... and there were torn robes, and blood, and stress on the Sands.

She approached the Candidates, and her eyes whirled a flash of red--not at them, but at whoever had done such a terrible thing. Another sad, melodious creel--one of mourning. Today was to be such a happy day and yet... There was loss on these Sands. On HER sands. She had not been there to help....and now, there were so many hurt and wounded, some physically, some mentally. Another sad creel, and she looked up at all the Candidates, a bit devastated. She had not been there to protect them, her loves, her family. So she moved, carefully, and sought out those who were distressed, and those who needed a little bit of love bestowed upon them.

First she approached Nonami and Amare. Her eyes whirled a soft-green blue and she looked up at the two with fondness. She leaned her nose over and ever so softly and tenderly pressed her nose against their entwined hands. A satisfied croon, a small wave of encouragement to them both, and the little gold moved on.

Neither were Hers but...what was stronger than the bonds of family? What was the Weyr but one big family? They all needed one another, especially during trying times.
Prism Shine

Mr Cheri

- - -
Mystery Blue Three
The little blue gave a pleased bugle when his father lifted his head to give him the best view. Now this was a prime location, and one he could get used to! The dragon gazed down at the Sands as if they were his, and a small part of him wondered why they couldn't be?

So it was, the blue dragon had his father continue onward. No.... No.... Yuck. He gave a pathetic (or was it disgusted?) little peep. Was this truly the best High Reaches had to offer? This... this rabble? Where were the stars? Where were the ones with spirit?

No.

No.

Hate the hair.

Not likely.

Yikes.

Yikes.

Ew.

Gross.

....and that one he bet had a great personality. Please. The blue gave a dismissive snort and had his father continue on. He'd find His. Someday.

ShinosBee

Lumos Blue
The little blue had been a bit late. So many sad faces, so many downtrodden. Did any of them need him? The little blue waddled up to Nalacko and gave a little encouraging cheep. Well, if they didn't want to be alone, little Lumos could sit by them for a little while if they wanted? The blue dragon gave a happy little assuring croon. Nalacko might not be His but...Someone needed a little good cheer. So the blue tried very hard to brighten up her day.

magnadearel

You've Got a Friend In Me
One more push and the dragonet finally freed himself from the Sands. He stumbled, he tripped, he went rolling head over feet . Still, miraculously, he managed to land on his feet, wings spreading to catch himself. Ha. See? ... Falling with style.

How cool was he, eh? Eh? Did anyone see that?

He looked around cheerfully...but nobody seemed particularly happy. Half the Candidates were gone, while the other half looked tired, or distracted by other colors. Speaking of other colors, who invited all those bronzes!? His eyes whirled a bit red and the blue gave a small hiss, before quickly pawing nonchalantly at the sands.

Hmph.

Clearly, something had to be done.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:20 pm
Kinyegele

"Why hello there!" Kinye greeted to the little green who was checking out the candidates, determined to be able to see at least one of the babies up close (in a fashion that didn't spray blood all over...oh boy). So many babies were on the move, and Kinye was having a hard time watching them all. The lovely greens that sang the songs of the girl's heart, of course, got extra heaping amounts of attention, but so did the little blue on top of Krah's head. He didn't look like he was particularly enjoying the view.

So many metallics had hatched, Kinye was almost overwhelmed by it. There would certainly be some specific dreams coming true with all of them, wouldn't there?

Would one of them be hers?

----

Niika

Envy stabbed at her heart, drawing her from the bets. For one moment, she didn't want to think about them. She wanted to be one of them, but no matter how much a heart longed for something, it wasn't meant to be at her age. Not anymore.

Not that it had mattered before.

But with so many baby dragons wandering about, was it so bad to wish for just a moment to be a little younger again, if only for one more chance?

----

Fahn

Fahn squeezed Jeri and Helane's hands tightly - whether out of excitement, or to keep herself from vibrating off into space remained to be seen. Perhaps the group had hit a squeal pitch in unison - maybe they hadn't and all the excitement had become that humming white noise in her ears. Deafened by the pounding of her own heart. Either way, she was having a blast.

"Look at them all," she was sure she'd said it once, but she could say it a thousand times and it still be just as great of a statement. So. Many. Babies.

Revel1984

tatterpixie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:23 pm
Kahbrohm

Kahbrohm nudged his brother then gestured at the little blue who had just caught himself after a rolling fall.

"That's you."

Tsunake
I'm sorry. Actually, I'm not

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:23 pm
Siv

Siv glanced up in time to see more dragonets incvoming, and half waited to be run over by tiny feet -- perhaps by that gold or a blue or. Something?

That was fine her dignity was dead anyhow-- and she watched the gold a short bit, slowly blinking. Yes, that was a good girl, she was seeing to people injured who kept their schaff together, excellent wonderful.

Siv huffed, blowing a small puff of sand before coughing on it, sitting up to wheeze before rising slowly. So moving fast meant falling over. Well she had.... Had... Something.... To her name still. TUBBORNNESS. Yes, that worked, stubbornness, and the blode sighed, settling to fixing her hair carefully, shaking some sand from it before dusting herself off.

Not her finest moment today no, but at least the eggs so far Impressed well! That was what mattered... Shje thought.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:24 pm
Candidate Nalacko she/her

Before she could work herself up or down with those thoughts, Nala got a surprise visitor. She looked down at Lumos as he waddled up with his encouraging cheep to join herself and Shar. He didn’t have rainbow eyes, and she was pretty sure he wasn’t hers, because she didn’t hear a voice in her head. Her eyes darted a glance toward Shar wondering if he was meant for her.

She would love if he wanted to sit with them for a little bit. Nala knew the adorable blue had to find His soon. She sniffled a little and wiped away a tear or two. A smile slowly crept over her face at his croon. Whoever his rider was, was one lucky person. “Thank you,” she murmured to him. Nala was satisfied with Shar on one side and a sweet baby blue on the other.

Uta

SilverLutz
Shar

magnadearel

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:25 pm
Friends gone and the only other friend he would’ve gravitated to injured enough to be with the healers, Rhiyn hesitated for a long moment. After what he’d seen on the sands this morning, did he really want to be here? Alone? He knew Ionan, he knew Tass—hell, he even knew Ionan’s sister was on the sands somewhere. But he couldn’t see here from where he was.

He caught sight of Demanthra and began the trek to her side. He took her hand, after a while, pale still from the horrors he’d seen.

“Ionan and his friend saved a girl today,” he muttered. He knew she knew. He’d heard Monath’s voice in his head.

Dea and #Teddy#

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games