Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Critique the Avatar Above You -or die- Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 184 185 186 187 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are You a Flamer?
Yes
7%
 7%  [ 12 ]
No
18%
 18%  [ 28 ]
Pff, I'm just a lonely poll whore.
29%
 29%  [ 45 ]
THIS. IS. SPARTA!
45%
 45%  [ 70 ]
Total Votes : 155

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:24 pm
For pushing the items you have (I assume that means trying to layer as much as you could) they have a flowing feel to them, Like how the birds seem to be in front and behind the wind behind you. I doesn't feel cluttered.

What are you Cosplaying?

As for my skin, I was trying to get something dark but not something BLACK. that way it could flow with the rest of the avatar.

Trying for someUniCreatures
New eggs- User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dragon Cave Eggs-
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 7:34 pm
You know, the hair is the only thing that really bothers me on that. I don't know why, maybe I'm just prejudiced against absurd amounts of hair.  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 8:03 pm
You look like a semi modern cowboy. The glasses and the sneakers (they are boots i realize but they look a little like sneakers). I like.

You're partly right Kusa, I also want to use parts of items I don't use often.
And its not so much a cosplay of something specific. In my mind Elcia herself is what she generally looks like especially in the tavern attire, think of my sig so I've been dressing her up as things she is not.  
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 9:48 pm
I like it, but the birds seem to be layering a little funny for it (I'd like to see the big one up top behind pushed back and the bottom one pulled forward).  

124-C

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 10:12 pm
I think that it's interesting that you use the Daionisle skin but you cover 97% of your body. stare  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:42 am
It all works really really well. I'm just wondering if there's a way to add lighter tones to the bottom half, since there's such intricacy on top.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:44 am
As always your avatar laughs in the face of critique. I'm not sure where to start, and I don't know if you would look any better if you DID change. confused mrgreen

As for the lower half, I was looking at different pants but most of the black/gray stuff draws TOO much attention, I tried making up for the lack of detail with the shoes I have, (Which the other colors didn't match AT ALL)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dragon Cave Eggs-
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - GET IT ON.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:47 am
It's good Kusa although I still don't like the skin and the hair is a wild for the avi.  

Kire Kaysan

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:02 pm
I finally get to critique yours Kire. ^_^

I really like the items you used especially the tongue and the eyes, they make you look very other-worldly. I love all the little details that I keep finding every time I look at your avatar.

I now have a zombie that simply won't die. I have him stabbed twice, impaled, on FIRE, and roasting a human arm, until finally he gets his head blown off and he STILL keeps going for a few seconds before hitting the ground.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:20 pm
You really mangled yourself. I like the avi. The sniper heads thing is awesome.
I think gaia needs some more items that give us blood  

Kire Kaysan

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:26 pm
A little violent, but I can't argue. ^_^

I like how you use the (Blue alien?) Tattoo to break up the black of the face. I think that the different lengths of blades also contributes to why I like your avatar.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:28 pm
There's so many pointy things jabbed into you, you odn't know which one really got you... Aside from the headshot, that one's a given.  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:32 pm
Maybe you were the one who shot me with that cowboy get-up. Meeting at High Midnight in some back alley? xd And it's the point that someone NEEDED to take the headshot that makes this funny. ^_^

I have to say that your minimalist avatars always seem to suit you so well. They always have nice balance and flow.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:35 pm
Hey, when you're poor, you make do with what works.
Also, I notice that you're standing on a flaming sword, which is why you're on fire. Clever tie in.  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:44 pm
You can't be that poor. I know you spend plenty of time here and there. I'm sure you could buy any of the EI with gold if you wanted... Although I'm not sure if you would bet much use out of them... *Shrug*

It was a pain in the butt to find a non-Cash item for this avatar. I'm really glad that I was active for the Halloween event. ^_^

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dragon Cave Eggs-

User Image - GET IT ON.

Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 ... 184 185 186 187 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games