Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
Revelio and Open Sesame! Double Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:35 pm
Keleres [WW] - 21 - she/her/hers - JM Masseuse (spy)

Aww, bless their hearts… Keleres rubbed her neck as emotion caught in her throat, and she took a deep- and silent- breath. Such beautiful souls- so new and yet so loving. There was a wisp of envy as she watched Lumos and Remember Me bestow good will on others; and she choked back a laugh as Friend In Me executed a perfect hatching after a rocky start. Friend Like Me seemed to care so much for her mother that Kel had to catch a tear before it fell.

It warmed her heart to see them all- even the more disruptive, bigger bronze… surely he was only trying to look out for his twin? She was seeing the world through a new pair of rosy lenses, and it looked good.

Quote:
open; Kel is internally cooing over babies and doing some quiet happy emotions

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:41 pm
Kinye

That little bronze had just wanted to come out and be a part of everything and the bigger one was being so…. controlling. She frowned slightly at the scene, somehow unable to appreciate the cuteness of the father and son playing for the moment.

There's someone wonderful waiting for you out here little guy. I promise. Hopefully he already knew that.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:42 pm
Lumos seemed content for the time being to remain with them and Shar wasn't about to push him off to go find His. All in due time, she knew, and she accepted the little bump from the blue's snout with a smile. Her gaze turned to the twins, though, as the larger of the two snapped at his brother, herding him away from the Candidates. She frowned a bit at that but didn't move, knowing better than to try to interfere. They'd work it out eventually.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:49 pm
arlie and smol alegriath

They're all the best! the white agreed. Right, Cousin Canicheth? The green was with a woman with grey hair and, well, though Alegriath would have been happy either way, she definitely approved of the color. She looks like a real lady holder! But anyway Avi, Falo, it's not a race! Yet! But I'll referee when we do. I'd like to see you go up against Metlath!

Arlie was startled out of her concentration at the greeting and almost dropped her knife. She had been so wrapped up in her thoughts, in Alegriath's thoughts, that she hadn't noticed someone taking a seat by her, or the boy her white had tapped for conversation. Her eyes were still red from fresh tears, and her head hurt; she didn't think anyone would want to talk. She glanced at them both and then went self-consciously back to cutting meat into perfect, little squares.

One little hello, for your Alli? Alegriath arched her neck down until she could bop the girl's nose with her own. It was enough, at least, for Arlie to make a small, watery chuckle. I'll keep booping you if you don't! she threatened with childish cheer, and did so again to prove it.

"O-Okay..." Arlie sniffled with the beginnings of a smile and set the silverware down, passing the white meat as she turned to them. "Um. I'm Arlie," she said. "Me n' my sis're new here...I-I'm waiting for her to get her dragon." Because she had to. She just did. Arlie couldn't fathom a world where they didn't stay in close proximity.

Oh, Flori, I'm so sorry, Alegriath cooed, hating to see that look. Are all twenty and one hurt? Would a hug help? Mine is very good at hugs, and she'll teach me to be good, too.

Akina Tokuwa

tatterpixie

Andranis

Prism Shine

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:14 am
Zamistia and Nanuth

Nanuth got a reply back from the green belonging to his beloved's eldest sister. He would make sure to remember that, knowing that there was things they could learn from the older pair. After all, the brown wanted to learn everything he could and the green he had respect for. He made sure to relay the message to Zamistia, as his bonded worked on feeding him. The little brown saw the smile come to the red heads lips, causing him to look around, before gently nuzzling her cheek. For her, he would do just about anything, his little light needed to be protected and made brighter. He would make sure her light would grow brighter, giving her the confidence she needed.

Thank you, Cozellath for the offer. Mine and I may be taking you up on that offer when we can. We will be sure to come see you during the hatching. Though I feel Mine will also want to stop at the infirmary to check on people,Nanuth responded back to the green. He made sure to send the love his own rider was feeling for the older pair to them. Right after, he got the message from his blue cousin and made sure to relay it to his rider. The brown seemed to puff up a little, of course his was good, he wanted to say. However, he got a small feeling of displeasure from his rider, so he decided not to voice it.

Cousin Aviforth, Mine would like to thank you and your's for your congrats. If you or your's ever need to talk, let me know,the brown offered his cousin. Seeing how full of energy the other was, he had a feeling he was going to regret this. However, for the sake of Zamistia..he would tolerate it.

While she was feeding him and getting his mental messages on things, she watched the sands. The gold from Fianth's clutch seemed to be checking on some of the candidates, which made her smile. It seemed both golds were sweethearts, she wondered who that one belonged to. She also noticed a blue from the Lumos egg go over to her friends and sit with them. Looking closely, it didn't seem either one belonged to Lumos, but it was a sweet baby. Hopefully their bonded was one who would match the sweetheart very well. Her eyes drifted to the healing area and her face fell, seeing how much bandages that was wrapped around Riz and how out of it Tizzy seemed.

They aren't able to see..all of this. What if their bonded is...here? They won't be able to...see,she told her brown, sadness in her voice.

I have an idea, Mine, do not worry your precious heart. Rizdax..Tizenia, I know you both are not getting to witness things, so I can fill you both in. Such as the fact, that one of the eggs from my golden mother had a gold baby,he thought to them, sending them a mental picture of what the egg in question looked like. Then he sent them images of everything he was seeing. He would not let His worry, those she cared about had his protection and help..always. Looking out on the sands, he rolled his eyes at the antics of his brother who seemed to be perched on their blue father's head. Really, what did he think he was doing, couldn't he do his picking on the sand..like the rest of them? Then he saw the twin bronzes and a soft growl came from him.

That isn't nice to...do to do to another. They are brothers,Misty squeaked in panic in their connection. Nanuth took his tail and wrapped it around her leg, sending love to her. He did not like when people upset his rider, making his eyes go red watching the bully bronze.

Prism Shine

Thaliawen

Hattaki

Demanthra and Monath

Demanthra was keeping an eye on everything that was happening, with Monath passing on information her rider might miss. She had never thought she would see so many babies and the mood to shift the way it did. They went from happy to fear and back to happy with these babies. The barracks would be a lot emptier after this hatching, she could tell already. Though, she was ready to comfort those who didn't impress, including her own siblings and Rhiyn. As if he had heard her thoughts, she felt her hand being taken by the aforementioned young man. Looking over, she caught how pale his face was, it was obvious he was not doing well.

"Yes, they did, Monath and I have been watching. Are you okay?"she asked him gently.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:30 am
Tizenia barely registered the voice in her head as something unusual. She’d recognized Rahmi and thanked him for saving her life, but this new voice wasn’t Rahmi’s. She slowly veered her eyes around before realizing it must have been a dragon. A dragon! Her sister’s? Misty had impressed? Like Rahmi. But Rahmi has come to see her. Rahmi had made the time to come see her before going to feed his dragon.

Tears filled her eyes, and suddenly it was as if a dam had bust. It was early. She was in a new place. She hurt. She wanted to go home. She had bandages everywhere and now Misty had Impressed and she’d be too busy to spend much time with her.

A gold? What did a gold have to do with anything? Would a dragon even find her here, if they wanted her? She didn’t know all that much about them... “Missy, come see me.”

—-

Rhiyn never liked to look weak in front of a pretty girl. He swallowed, and offered her a shrug. “I’m fine,” he said. After a moment, though, his hand tightened slightly on Demanthra’s.

“I’m not fine.”

Dea and #Teddy#

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Ryuthulhu

Golden Knight

15,750 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Mystical Adversary 25
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:53 am
Saekagi gave him a slightly drained half smile, reaching to give Helaku a brief pat on the shoulder. "...I bet he'll be quite a flyer later if he keeps that up." He predicted, though he wasn't sure but he thought he might have just been judged by that blue. It looked sort of... he wasn't sure, but at least if it was having some opinions about it's options it wasn't swiping at people like those two bronzes...

That made him wince all over again, sympathetically.

"...Shards I hope that doesn't escalate... Are you still alright?"

His fellow candidate had already been hit once, on his behalf no less, he couldn't let it happen a second time, if things went that far.

Excited Apathy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:01 am
Friend like Me crooned at her mother, a happy creature as she brushed the Gold's leg. Of course, mother dear~. As she moved, she was all the picture of lithe grace, of beauty. This Green was very sure in her movements as she started to twine between the candidates. She started with the boys, crooning sweetly up at each one. Let them gaze upon her as she tried to find Hers...Wasn't she lovely?

----------------

You Can Fly! was getting bored and tired, still carrying a sandal in his mouth. As he sought out His finally, he bumped his sister, ignoring her rather pointedly. Why look at her, when You Can Fly! was far more interesting? Look at his prize? He whapped one or two candidates with his tail as he passed, laughing all the while about it.  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:54 am
Rixth

He perked up once more when Remember Me was born, having been pushed into a contemplative state by Expelliarmus that just wouldn't fade. The little gold dragged him out of it by presence alone, and Rixth sent her an affectionate mental nudge as she made her rounds.

Uta
hug for RM

Torin

Was this a thing? Did all hatchings involve dragons riding on each others' heads? Torin peered up at the little blue, feeling a sudden urge to fix his hair.

Rykin

Where Ruunan saw the large bronze's behavior as less than sibling-like, Rykin had no problem understanding the nipping and snarling that could go on in a family. He actually found the twins endearing on both sides, even as one drew ichor from the other. Once they found theirs, surely they would calm as the others had.

Quote:
post of the day yay

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:58 am
Kinyegele

Kinye couldn't help but pull her eyes from the twins to watch the green and blue that were so close to the candidates, snooping them all out. Were they looking for theirs, she wondered. Which of them would it be?

-----

Juhvek

The larger of the two bronzes got an almost unreadable look from Juhvek as he watched him herding his brother about. It felt a little much to use his claws on the smaller bronze. Did he want to come to look at the candidates first, or was there some other agenda going on there?

Or maybe......

No. No. That was a strange thought to have, and he'd keep it to himself. Especially when the lovely little green had returned to start scoping out the candidates and was very much worth looking at as well.

Hello. Finding yours?

-----

Fahn

There was a concerned look passed at the two bronzes before Fahn found herself looking at the closer blue. He still seemed rather proud of his trophy, but after watching his rough play rampage the candidates earlier, she wasn't exactly ready to let him to unwatched.

"What are you going to do with that?" she asked interestedly. Would one of the candidates end up with a third sandal to their name?  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:27 am
Elyk

Andrestia was right. Elyk might not have the best memory in all of Pern but he at least remembered enough of the previous Hatching that he attended to know that there were a great many more bronzes from both clutches this time round. "Pleasure's mine too Andrestia. It is comforting to have some company out here on the sands." He simply smiled at the words of encouragement that came with Andrestia's observation about him possibly having a better chance at impressing one of the metallic dragonets with so many of them about. On the flip side, it could also be said that the disappointment that came with not being able to impress one this Hatching would be even greater as well. He held his tongue on that particular thought though. Nobody liked having a wet blanket around so it was better to keep his depressing thoughts to himself after all.

"Perhaps the little gold queen will find you to her liking though that reminds me... what kind of dragon were you hoping to impress anyway?" Watching the little antics of the playful dragonets who were either mock fighting their father or making their rounds around the sand with a Candidate's sandal in their mouth, he allowed himself a wistful smile eventually. These little creatures came in all sorts of colours, sizes and personalities now, didn't they? "... yeah. I'll try to see if I'm up to joining everyone then." He really didn't want to make a promise that he couldn't keep to his somewhat newfound friend.

stella cinere

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:29 am
Halvor

He heard the girl next to him giggle and his attention turned once more in her direction. "Many of them seem to enjoy. . . flying solo." He agreed. Halvor watched the blue strut around for a moment and You Can Fly! for he once more turned his attention to the Red & White bronze twins, just in time to see the larger one draw ichor. His eyes narrowed on it.

On the one hand, it seemed that it was almost a protective stance. However, he could see the smaller bronze was wanting to come closer to the candidates. Halvor shook with feelings rushing through his system. He wanted the bronze twins to come closer but he wasn't sure if you had to think directly to them and that's what had made them come closer or if they deigned to grace you with their presence. Needless to say, Halvor was in the crash course.

Andranis

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:29 am
Zelaya
You know, they had never had a sibling. Sure they had seen plenty of siblings interact, but they never quite understood the dynamic between them. All the dragons here today were siblings—of a sort—but it was the twin bronzes that stood out to them as interesting. Why draw ichor? Had it been an accident? Meant playfully? The red eyes made them think perhaps not. Of course, none of the numerous bronzes anout were for her, so other than being interesting it made little matter...right?

Their attention ahifted to Friend Like Me...oh, but the green was heading towards the boys. Well. That was fine too. They could keep being patient, instead just taking a moment to send a kind, quiet thought to each hatchling and egg remaining.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:35 am
FISHER

Kinye seemed to be cheering up a little and that made Fisher smile. The dragonets were all on the move and were all being cute, and the teen rotated her shoulders in an effort to keep herself alert. With the mood winding down despite so much more of the hatching to happen, she was getting sleepy again.

Her dads would be irritated at her falling asleep on her feet again, probably, so she yawned and attempted to talk more to Kinye. If the kid wanted to talk. "It's kinda interestin' how somma these babies come out knowin' exactly where to go and the others look around. You think they honestly don't know their match yet or they're playin' it up for the crowd?"

demon_pachabel

----

YURASTAR

Yurastar watched the dragonets move about, enjoying and appreciating their antics. Hopefully this would continue without too much bloodshed; he wanted to go home in one piece to show Aryale he was capable of not dying.

------

HAVELI

Was Arlie okay? Was she taking care of her dragon properly? Were others treating her kindly? Haveli's attentions were decidedly not on the sands.  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:49 am
Siv

DSiv flinched at the passing dragonet's tail whipping her legs, but didn't fall (amazingly). Instead she merely bent to rub her legs, grumbling as, by some luck, she didn't topple, rubbing the affronted leg carefully, sighing.

OK, yes, good for him he was clever good boy ah huh.

Siv rubbed her face wearily, sighing. She needed to jot notes soon. Shje needed klah or something to keep awake, to write, and then?....She'd figure that out when the tired was done.  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games