Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Manji's-Super-Happy-Fun-Bar! Eat Drink Chat! Plat Prizes! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 841 842 843 844 845 846 ... 8989 8990 8991 8992 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What's one thing you wish you had more of?
  Money
  Fame
  Free time
  Platinum
  Dates
  Cats
  Dogs
  Wine
  Cheetos
View Results

Rydia-Beck aka Lillea

Captain

Professional Conversationalist

8,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:55 pm
Ok, recap the contest workings for me please. It's 300 for a ducky right?
Or do you get a ducky ticket. Or is your name put on a list and a winner picked later. I've checked the contest thread but was hard up for my glasses but I've got 300 on me at the moment or bunny stuff from Easter if you said you took item trades: chickie tie, bunny tie, bunny ears-can't part with bunny ears though. I'm ready to join! So chin up and dummy it down for me hon!  
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:55 pm
suggestions on how to make it better....not bluntley stateing th ovious.. but explaining in lots of detail on how i can change it...i donno... i need to work on the mathamatics and see if i can still keep the ammount of people low but also bring the $ low with a high income comeing in so i can help with further guild events and have some $ in my pocket now and then for the pricy stuff i want.. kinda see what i mean....i want to try to get it down to 250... but then there is a problem there sense i will have only egnough $ to get the one item and nothing for the guild and for me... rizeing the headcount is also makes it harder becuse of how many people i can attract to it.. i dont want to pull off what ace did...  

Darthspanky

Darthspanky

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:56 pm
SorceressRydia
Ok, recap the contest workings for me please. It's 300 for a ducky right?
Or do you get a ducky ticket. Or is your name put on a list and a winner picked later. I've checked the contest thread but was hard up for my glasses but I've got 300 on me at the moment or bunny stuff from Easter if you said you took item trades: chickie tie, bunny tie, bunny ears-can't part with bunny ears though. I'm ready to join! So chin up and dummy it down for me hon!
i run the pie throwing contest. not the duck picking contest.. id just look at the rules to see what thats all about.  
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 10:57 pm
So...so you think you can tell,
Heaven from hell,
Blue skies from pain,
Can you tell a green field,
From a cold steel rail,
A smile from a veil,
Do you think you can tell

Did they get you to trade,
Your heros for ghosts,
Hot ashes for trees,
Hot air for a cool breeze,
Cold comfort for change,
Did you exchange,
A walk on part in the war,
For a lead role in a cage

How I wish, how I wish you were here,
We're just two lost souls swimmin' in a fish bowl,
Year after year,
Runnin' over the same old ground,
What have we found,
The same old fears

Wish you were here...  

Shazbot_the_Pirate

Darthspanky

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:00 pm
i need someone who knows the market economy and banking economics....lol  
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:01 pm
oops sorry. So what's the criteria for your contest. I'll join! I wanna do contests! Gotta start somewhere right! Bring it on. What are the basics of what I gotta do?  

Rydia-Beck aka Lillea

Captain

8,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Shazbot_the_Pirate

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:01 pm
Ach...I always get a little teary-eyed when I hear that song. cry

All right, I'm off for bed. 'night all!  
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:02 pm
ok gnite shaz.  

Darthspanky

Rydia-Beck aka Lillea

Captain

8,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:06 pm
Or I may just go back and reread the contest and save you the trouble.
Probably would take a while to explain.  
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:08 pm
People may be waiting at the moment to see if that Gift Ninja will donate again, which won't be happening, I'm sure. Let's see. If we drop the price down to say, 300g, and drop the number of people from 25 to 20, you're only making 6000g, which is the price of the prize. That won't work unless you lower the price of the prize...you should have *some* compensation for your work. So nix that.

Keeping it at 300g, and bringing the number back up to 25, your total gross is 7500g. Enough for the prize and a little extra, but not much. This might be a possibility but doesn't really give you any options for helping others with that money.

Keeping the price at 500g and dropping the number to 20 will give you 10000g. This is better, but you might turn away some of those newbies.

You 'could' give people an opportunity to throw more pies, at 100g per pie, OR, you could let people buy the number of pies they want. 25 people times 5 pies each is 125 pies; at 100g each, you're back up to the profit level you were at before. It would take a bit more work to keep up with but it might be more fun. Also, if you could pie someone more than once? I know a couple of people I'd throw five pies at right now. LOL. Buying pies singly could be within the reach of a newbie, who buys two pies, or someone like Raiden, who could buy out your whole inventory and fill them himself for throwing about the guild. LOL.

Anyway...these are the main options as I see them....what do you think?  

Mara_Brightwing

Mara_Brightwing

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:08 pm
Shazbot_the_Pirate
Ach...I always get a little teary-eyed when I hear that song. cry

All right, I'm off for bed. 'night all!
Night, Shaz!  
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:21 pm
Ok I read the pie contest thread. Check me to see I've got the idea. 500g traded for 5 pies, throw each at a different person. Speak of it to noone and if someone has loose lips beat them bloody and report them...well maybe not the beating. Just a girly slap! But you wait until everyone's on board before it begins and get a gift if you got the most pietasticness on ya! Did you mention something on there about suggesting gifts. What's the price range? I wants a ball bat but it's 3000 and sounds expensive but I'm one of those that squeals when I win a dollar on a scratch off lottery ticket so it matters not. I went clothes crazy yesterday and today but I'll have 500 in just a bit and I'll go pie shoppin! Does this all sound right?  

Rydia-Beck aka Lillea

Captain

8,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Darthspanky

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:23 pm
Mara_Brightwing
People may be waiting at the moment to see if that Gift Ninja will donate again, which won't be happening, I'm sure. Let's see. If we drop the price down to say, 300g, and drop the number of people from 25 to 20, you're only making 6000g, which is the price of the prize. That won't work unless you lower the price of the prize...you should have *some* compensation for your work. So nix that.

Keeping it at 300g, and bringing the number back up to 25, your total gross is 7500g. Enough for the prize and a little extra, but not much. This might be a possibility but doesn't really give you any options for helping others with that money.

Keeping the price at 500g and dropping the number to 20 will give you 10000g. This is better, but you might turn away some of those newbies.

You 'could' give people an opportunity to throw more pies, at 100g per pie, OR, you could let people buy the number of pies they want. 25 people times 5 pies each is 125 pies; at 100g each, you're back up to the profit level you were at before. It would take a bit more work to keep up with but it might be more fun. Also, if you could pie someone more than once? I know a couple of people I'd throw five pies at right now. LOL. Buying pies singly could be within the reach of a newbie, who buys two pies, or someone like Raiden, who could buy out your whole inventory and fill them himself for throwing about the guild. LOL.

Anyway...these are the main options as I see them....what do you think?
well.. humm... 300 is a good bace.. its much cheaper for the newbies to get themselfs into it... and also if i where to lower the headcount to 25 it can change things up a bit...even if i somewhat like 30 people... it make sense to me somehow. the headcount never bothered me as much as the $ for the contest...now... this "extra pies" intregues me...but its going to need some more thought on how to work at that. i need to put up a suggestion thread on how to work this.. maybe a few demos to see if i can work this a bit. like allt hings.. its a work in progress... and it will never be perfect.. but at least its very diffrent form any other contest.  
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:24 pm
SorceressRydia
Ok I read the pie contest thread. Check me to see I've got the idea. 500g traded for 5 pies, throw each at a different person. Speak of it to noone and if someone has loose lips beat them bloody and report them...well maybe not the beating. Just a girly slap! But you wait until everyone's on board before it begins and get a gift if you got the most pietasticness on ya! Did you mention something on there about suggesting gifts. What's the price range? I wants a ball bat but it's 3000 and sounds expensive but I'm one of those that squeals when I win a dollar on a scratch off lottery ticket so it matters not. I went clothes crazy yesterday and today but I'll have 500 in just a bit and I'll go pie shoppin! Does this all sound right?

Sounds about right. The prize level is somewhere in the neighborhood of 6000g; your baseball bat is well within the range. However, these rules may change depending on what Darth thinks about the options I offered him. This is the third series of the pie contest, and he's pretty discouraged that it's going so slowly. It's not gonna fail, though. It will work out. It's too good an idea to fail.  

Mara_Brightwing

Mara_Brightwing

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 11:27 pm
Darthspanky
well.. humm... 300 is a good bace.. its much cheaper for the newbies to get themselfs into it... and also if i where to lower the headcount to 25 it can change things up a bit...even if i somewhat like 30 people... it make sense to me somehow. the headcount never bothered me as much as the $ for the contest...now... this "extra pies" intregues me...but its going to need some more thought on how to work at that. i need to put up a suggestion thread on how to work this.. maybe a few demos to see if i can work this a bit. like allt hings.. its a work in progress... and it will never be perfect.. but at least its very diffrent form any other contest.

I could help with paperwork and such things..all you have to do is PM me with who has what, or who bought what number of pies, and I can help you keep track of it. You might even have people PM me instead...I don't have to be in the contest itself to help out. (I'd never make enough pies to win anyway..LOL) And before you think it, no, I wouldn't want any of the profits. This is your game, your idea. I just want to help.  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 841 842 843 844 845 846 ... 8989 8990 8991 8992 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games