Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Critique the Avatar Above You -or die- Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 184 185 186 187 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are You a Flamer?
Yes
7%
 7%  [ 12 ]
No
18%
 18%  [ 28 ]
Pff, I'm just a lonely poll whore.
29%
 29%  [ 45 ]
THIS. IS. SPARTA!
45%
 45%  [ 70 ]
Total Votes : 155

Kusaragi

Versatile Flatterer

9,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:20 pm
Could say the same about your little buddy. xd I used him because he's not a Cash Item (one of my limits). I think that you could frame the face better with the Demonic Anklets mask, but other then that I like where you've taken it. ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:05 am
A bit colorful maybe, but good nonetheless. I like it 3nodding  

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:48 pm
Except for the eyes, I like it. You need some more red somewhere else to pull off the eyes. The black, white, and gold theme works well.  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:50 pm
It's a good start. The blues and whites compliment each other well. Now just see if you can't add a bit of detail to it. Maybe look into a few white accessories, small ones now, that can offset the blue expanse of your dress. You have a nice bit going there. Just try and elaborate on it. smile  

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:52 pm
Very menacing look you have there. Everything goes together nicely, and I can't contain my want of that most excellent jacket. It's designed so well...  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:09 pm
I don't like that coat. The vest and shirt imply a certain sleekness to the look, but then the coat appears overly baggy and looks wrong...  

124-C

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:43 pm
My only complaint is the the blue in the dogie's scarf. Other than that I'm loving the rugged but armed and dangerous in a pinch traveler theme.
Have you looked into the brown musketeer top or is it too weird a shade of brown?

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:36 pm
I love it, Elcia. I actually think that shotgun/pitchfork is wonderful addition to the avatar in an absurd way. lol If I were to pick at it, though, and I will for the sake of the thread, I would consider a different pose for the weapon. The one that you've chosen is a little awkward. I can't help but feel that a slack-armed pose would be a little more natural.

I looked into the Brown Musketeer Top, but I didn't use it for two reasons:

1. I wanted to keep the black well balanced in the avatar.
  2. I have a black top and don't have the gold readily available for a brown one.

I was a bit concerned about the dog's scarf and am I wishing I had gotten Kinzie (the one with the red scarf) instead... Anyway, I'm convinced that the dog's presence is more of a boon that the scarf is a detriment.

For your consideration:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

124-C

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:53 pm
I dunno about the gloves. I'm sure you put a lot of thought into it, but those gloves just seem a bit off...  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:11 am
Very well done, Erv. The only semi-complaint I can make is that the hat itself is a little too warm when compared to the rest of what you're actually wearing, but it balances the chainsaw, so really, I wouldn't change anything.

*Thumbs up*

invisible-weirdo

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:42 am
Better fear me, better run away

Hrm... Interesting. The turtle is a bit out of place, but... I know that's not leaving xd It's a good one though.

'Cause this battle's just begun.

User Image

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:56 am
The only thing I can suggest would be a slightly darker shade of blond hair, since it sort of fades into your skin and the wings. But other than that, it's great. : 3  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:32 pm
Wow, Tae, once again you've displayed a knack for color coordination. x3 I like the purple/maroon/magenta flow you've got going there. Definitely dark and rouge-y. It's reminds me of a bruise I had once. xd Good job. 8.5/10.  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 1:36 pm
EDIT: Dammit, I have to learn to stop leaving the computer in the middle of my typing...

Ok, um....Pisces...I really like the look. Wonderful mix of reds and blacks in a profoundly ebil way 3nodding My only complaint is perhaps the hair. The brilliant white makes it sorta stand out a little much, but I'm not sure what you should change it too. Black hair would make it sorta disappear into the black of the hat and fog....Up to you.

Roland: Atta boy XP You're learning!

invisible-weirdo

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 6:28 pm
Invis: I would definitely change the hair if this hairdo hadn't cost me 3,100 gold. X3 I'm not rolling in gold anymore, so I have to be more frugal. I sort of like the contrast too, or I'd use one of my hair-changing poses. I hate that you can't save haircuts though... You just have to keep pouring gold into the salon. -_-

I like yours overall, by the way. Nothing much to change. The turtle is a part of your avatar now, so it doesn't seem to stick out for me. It's like Sanzo's fox ears. They're just always there. 3nodding  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 184 185 186 187 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games