Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "YCQ" Your Cool Quests
Wellwisher's Quest Thread. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 153 154 155 156 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

people counter
  +1
View Results

hot4urshoelaces

Desirable Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:58 pm

wellwisher
Oh, finding art that's good enough and either costs the right amount, or is underpriced.

I don't buy overpriced art. Which makes things tricky.

LOL heeh, and what is the right price?

Yeah, I never get art but I finally decided on getting to people to do me art, because these two will be the best to capture the idea I truly want for the pic I have dreamed of for years.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:51 pm

It depends on the quality. Highe rquality art demands more gold. But if art isn't as good as it's being sold for, no matter how much time the artist puts into it, I don't see the point in waiting a long time, for overpriced artwork.
Higher quality artwork of course I'll spend more gold on. But, I've been lucky and gotten some very underpriced artwork.
These pieces of artwork, were only 2500 gold each.
Thisone was free. (but it was supposed to be 1500 gold, it was horribly late, so I got it for free)
This one was 1000 gold.
This was only 2000 gold.
I look for good deals for the gold that I spend. Because I know that when buying avatar art, I can't ever get any money from it back, so I have to be careful about what I spend, what it's going to turn into, and how much I'll end up with it.

wellwisher
Vice Captain

hot4urshoelaces

Desirable Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:47 pm

I understand completely. I wouldnt' pay this much, but it's something I've thought about for a long time, and it's worth it.

The links won't come up! The first one did, but then the others wouldn't. Now, I'm sad.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:50 pm

hot4urshoelaces
I understand completely. I wouldnt' pay this much, but it's something I've thought about for a long time, and it's worth it.

The links won't come up! The first one did, but then the others wouldn't. Now, I'm sad.
You could try quoting the post and taking the links directly from there. They were great finds.

But yes, I've spent a great deal of money on good art. Byt only on art that's either priced fairly or in my favor. (Haven't spent 175K in total though)

wellwisher
Vice Captain

randomgirl768

Greedy Shapeshifter

6,850 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:24 am

i spent 40k on avi art for me and 3 mules
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:20 am

wellwisher
hot4urshoelaces

You could try quoting the post and taking the links directly from there. They were great finds.

But yes, I've spent a great deal of money on good art. Byt only on art that's either priced fairly or in my favor. (Haven't spent 175K in total though)

I shall have to try that later when I'm not multi-tasking with HW and eating.

I take it, that you don't think the art I'm going to get should be paid that much for? xd

hot4urshoelaces

Desirable Hunter

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:39 am

hot4urshoelaces

I take it, that you don't think the art I'm going to get should be paid that much for? xd
Uh, maybe not for 175K. I could see 100K, and, an extra 50K per person. So, I think your losing out on 25K, but, higher quality artwork tends to run a little high on the pricetag.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:43 am

wellwisher
hot4urshoelaces

Uh, maybe not for 175K. I could see 100K, and, an extra 50K per person. So, I think your losing out on 25K, but, higher quality artwork tends to run a little high on the pricetag.

Yeah, once I would never have dreamed of that much, but she's the only person I've found that can actually visualize a written description and do background in a realistic nature of the quality I want. So, hopefully it'll work out.

hot4urshoelaces

Desirable Hunter

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:47 am

Oh, it should. if you think your getting your money's worth, then all for it.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:53 am

wellwisher
Oh, it should. if you think your getting your money's worth, then all for it.

I think the price is a bit steep too, but I think that I'm getting the best and most realistic pricing for what I want. Know what I mean? There are others....much higher than hers and much less....skilled. So I think, all in all, I'm getting a fair deal.

hot4urshoelaces

Desirable Hunter

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:46 am

Yes, there are always people who oiverprice, and people who underprice. It's the overpriced ones that get less business. The underpriced ones get the most business. and the well priced ones get a decent amount of business.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:57 am

wellwisher
Yes, there are always people who oiverprice, and people who underprice. It's the overpriced ones that get less business. The underpriced ones get the most business. and the well priced ones get a decent amount of business.

Yep! But I feel satisfied with the amount of work I will get for this and such. She starts in Feb.

hot4urshoelaces

Desirable Hunter

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:16 am

wel, I suppose if you think yor getting your money's worth, then it's fine. I suppose with a price tag like that your not going to tip her are you?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:13 pm

tipps are awsome to get
looky what i found avi art i make a while ago
1 2
i have another one around somewhere i just cant find it

randomgirl768

Greedy Shapeshifter

6,850 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Autobiographer 200

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:10 pm

Donation Items are too expensive right now. And no, I'm not talking about the older ones, I won't complain about inflation.

I will complain about people overpricing donation items. By overpricing them now, people will buy more to sell on the market to get more gold, thus decreasing the inflation rate in the future because there will be more in the market. it's stupid.
"YCQ" Your Cool Quests

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 153 154 155 156 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games