Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Diagon Alley Streets Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:16 pm
User Image
*´¯`*.¸¸.*´¯`* Ƒσυятн Ƴєαя HυffƖєρυff *´¯`*.¸¸.*´¯`*
User Image

Iғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ғɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ sᴛᴜᴄᴋ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪᴅᴅʟᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀ
I'ʟʟ sᴀɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴛᴏ ғɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ
Iғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ғɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ ʟᴏsᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sᴇᴇ
I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ ɢᴜɪᴅᴇ ʏᴏᴜ
Wᴇ ғɪɴᴅ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ᴏғ
Wʜᴇɴ ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴄᴀʟʟᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʜᴇʟᴘ ᴏᴜʀ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅs ɪɴ ɴᴇᴇᴅ

Lyall hurried up the streets, his eyes wide. He absolutely loved Diagon Alley, particularly when he was going to spend the afternoon with his friends. They were supposed to meet at noon, and he was a bit early. He fluffed his hair and adjusted his glasses, trying to get used to the new frames. After having had a minor catastrophe, his favorite pair of red specs had been mangled. Luckily, they were able to see the optometrist quite quickly. He found a nice bench in a central location, then started looking around for Rider.

SummerIsles

Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ ᴏɴ ᴍᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ 1, 2, 3
I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ
Aɴᴅ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴇɴ I ɴᴇᴇᴅ ɪᴛ
I ᴄᴀɴ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ ʟɪᴋᴇ 4, 3, 2
Aɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ
'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴡʜᴀᴛ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅs ᴀʀᴇ sᴜᴘᴘᴏsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ, ᴏʜ ʏᴇᴀʜ

{OoC:}

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:23 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

----------r ι d e r--------w ι l ѕ o n----------

♪ Let the rain fall down ♫
♪ And wake my dreams ♫
♪ Let it wash away ♫
♪ My sanity ♫

----------f σ υ я т н----y e a r----н υ ғ ғ l e p υ ғ ғ-----------

Rider and her friends had planned to meet up in Diagon Alley during the summer, and with her mother's approval this time, she had come... But not alone. Clinging to her arm was her sister Claire. The girl's bright brown eyes were twinkling as she looked around at everything. Rider had decided to bring her after Claire had another magical showing, this time in front of Rider. The older sister was holding tightly to the younger's hand, so as to not lose her in the crowd, but Claire didn't seem to mind. After walking for a few moments, Rider spotted Lyall and waved, then led her sister towards him.

♪ 'Cause I wanna feel the thunder ♫
♪ I wanna scream ♫
♪ I'm coming clean, I'm coming clean ♫

-----------o υ т----o ғ----c н a r a c т e r-----------

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

The Shiny Furret

SummerIsles

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:49 pm
xxx
xxx
User Image
Victoria & Kyson Macclellan
Fourth Year Gryffindor | Unsorted First Year

I wear a disguise. I'm just your average Jane. The super doesn't stand for model, but that doesn't mean I'm plain.

"Hurry up, Kyson! My friends are waiting for us! We have some serious shopping to do, little bro!" Tori exclaimed, excitedly bouncing as she walked the streets of Diagon with her brother. The other sibling, however, was not as excited. Sure, the beginning of his Hogwarts years were just a few months away, but that didn't mean he wanted to spend time with his weird sister in public. Kyson huffed, blowing his fringe away from his eyes. "Calm down. We'll get there when we get there, alright? Gosh." Tori rolled her eyes at her brother and continued down the street. Even if she had to watch over her moody little brother, today was going to be awesome! Shopping with her friends, in her newest outfit, on a gorgeous summer day? What wasn't there to love about that?

As the two wandered the busy street, they began to get a little turned around. With so many people, they couldn't find Lyall or Rider anywhere. This didn't break Tori's high spirits, though. She just had to look harder, that's all! Standing on her tiptoes (which only added about two inches to her five foot flat height), she peered into the crowd, searching for her friends. "Do you see them?" she asked her brother. "Yes," he replied with his usual sarcastic-sounding tone. "Where? I don't see them." Kyson sighed. "Over there." "Where?" Kyson turned his sister in the direction he was looking. "There." Across the street, they could see Lyall standing on a bench, most likely looking for them. Rider was with him too. "Ohhh. I see them now! Let's go!" she said with a grin, grabbing her brother's hand and diving into the throng of summer shoppers. Making their way to the other side, Tori smiled widely at her friends. "Rider, Lyall, hey! I hope you don't mind, but I brought my brother along. He's gonna be a First Year once school starts up again in the fall. Right, Kyson?" she said, glancing at the younger Macclellan. "Yeah," he responded, crossing his arms across his chest and looking rather unhappy to be there. Tori paid no attention to that, though. She was just happy to spend the day with her friends!

Some legends are told. Some turn to dust or to gold. But you will remember me, remember me for centuries.

SummerIsles

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:21 pm
User Image
User Image

▷Former Hufflepuff▷Muggleborn▷Married to Aedan Lowery▷Sticky Wicket Owner and Chef

→Ciaran walked happily besides his youngest son resisting the urge to gather him up in his arms and twirl him about like he used to do when he was younger. Not that his son really enjoyed it that much when he had done it then and he surely wouldn't dare enjoy it now when he was a big boy of eleven. Eleven! His second son was eleven and leaving him for Hogwarts! No, not leaving! He shook his head against such thoughts, that only lead him down a road he most surely did not want to go down. He knew that Aedan had made up with Rhys, or at the very least attempted to judging by the newest book he saw his son had his nose stuck in, so he only had Caty and Kenny to go, and he was positive that the oldest teen would be the hardest to appease. But today was not the day for such thoughts! Today was a happy joyous amazingness day! "Sooo, w'ere do ya wanna go firs'? Get yer uniform? Get yer potion stuffs? Get yer wand?! Anyw'ere ya wanna go we'll go, today is all about you!" Ciaran told Rhys giving him a large grin and soft hair ruffle. He knew how important it was for his son, essentially the middle child, to feel that he had both his parent's love and support, he was sure this had something to do with his sudden muteness, so he made sure to try and have more special time with just his little snowflake. He had left Caty with Siobhan and he was sure that the young girl was busy following Pru or Kenny around like a little lost puppy around the manor. Or engaging the entire family in a sword battle, either one really. "Oh, I know, you wanna go ta th' bookstore!" the candy maker said with a teasing grin. ←

Diamond Wales

Hey street boy, what's your style
Your dead end dreams don't make you smile
I'll give ya something to live for
Have ya, grab ya til you're sore

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:45 pm
User Image
                                                  I'll lay me down tonight
                                                  Much further down
                                                  Swim in the calm tonight
                                                  This art goes drown

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════

Fɪʀsᴛ Yᴇᴀʀ || Uɴsᴏʀᴛᴇᴅ || Hᴀʟғʙʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Rhys looked around the street, already absorbing the sights. He'd been here hundreds of times, always with Kenny or Ciaran or even Siobhan, but never as a student. He was filled with nervous energy, more as a result of being anxious than excitement. The normally reclusive boy was not exactly comfortable with a lot of the crowd, but be figured he could deal with it. He could, because he was here with Ciaran, and he knew that at least he was completely outside of his element without his da. His hand immediately sought the white fluff atop his head, and he rubbed it anxiously. Only to have Ciaran ruffle it afterward. His eyes narrowed slightly, but otherwise he said nothing, already contemplating the places that Ciaran had mentioned. He ducked closer to Ciaran as he tried to avoid running into a couple of passer-bys and his hands rose hesitantly as he thought of what he was going to do. He knew everyone wanted to go to get their wands, that was practically a given. Everyone always wanted to cast magic as soon as they got it, but he knew that he wouldn't be allowed to be able to cast much of anything before he went to school.

Deciding that his da knew him too well, he gave the older man a slight smile and shook his head, already raising his hands to sign.
                                                  "I won't be able to cast anything anyway until school, and I get robes all the time. I don't know about all the potion stuff, since Kenny's stuff always smelled. ...Books wouldn't be bad. I need something new to read anyway." He'd been pouring over that book Aedan had gotten him for a while, trying to figure out that secret that the older man had said was in there. However, it chronicled everything that had happened in the family since the book had been made. Numerous people had made their contributions, and when he got to the last pages, he realized it was blank. Nothing much since Pru had been born had been written, and he'd finally gotten Kenny to tell him what he knew about the family since he was too young to recall if they had ever mentioned certain events to him when he'd first been adopted. What Kenny had written him he'd added to the book, including their adoptions, which Kenny had told him happened not long after he turned five. He remembered that much, and the boy had written it down dutifully, but he wasn't sure if that was all he had to do. He'd read the other entries, and they seemed more complete somehow. Rhys just wasn't sure if he was doing it right, but he knew he'd figure it out someday

He realized he'd gotten lost in his head again, and then looked back up to Ciaran, wishing he wasn't so short. That was one thing that he honestly wished he could change, that and his hair colour. His hair made him stand out in a way he didn't want to stand out. His hands rose again to sign again to his da.
                                                  "Yes, the book store. I bet I could get something new I haven't read before. That is, if it's okay that we get some."

════════════════════════

Location biggrin iagon Alley
                                                  Thinking: It's really loud and crowded here...
                                                  OOC:

All insects sing tonight
                                                  The coldest sound
                                                  I'd send Gods grace tonight
                                                  Could it be found?

Yukina101

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:53 am
User Image
*´¯`*.¸¸.*´¯`* Ƒσυятн Ƴєαя HυffƖєρυff *´¯`*.¸¸.*´¯`*
User Image

Iғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ғɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ sᴛᴜᴄᴋ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪᴅᴅʟᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴀ
I'ʟʟ sᴀɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴛᴏ ғɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ
Iғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ғɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀsᴇʟғ ʟᴏsᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ sᴇᴇ
I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʟɪɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ ɢᴜɪᴅᴇ ʏᴏᴜ
Wᴇ ғɪɴᴅ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ᴏғ
Wʜᴇɴ ᴡᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ᴄᴀʟʟᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʜᴇʟᴘ ᴏᴜʀ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅs ɪɴ ɴᴇᴇᴅ

Lyall grinned when Rider and her sister spotted him, so the boy waved. He was perched on a bench, doing his best to locate the other member of their trio. "Hi Rider! Hi Claire! How are you both?" He kept a lookout until Tori Rae and a younger boy made it over. Once he was on the ground, the boy hugged his friends, then smiled brightly. Tori explained her brother, and the older male nodded along. "Well... Welcome to our group! And hello, Miss Tori Rae!" He was far too excited to appear as anything but!

SummerIsles

The Shiny Furret

Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ ᴏɴ ᴍᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ 1, 2, 3
I'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ
Aɴᴅ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴇɴ I ɴᴇᴇᴅ ɪᴛ
I ᴄᴀɴ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ ʟɪᴋᴇ 4, 3, 2
Aɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ
'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴡʜᴀᴛ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅs ᴀʀᴇ sᴜᴘᴘᴏsᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴏ, ᴏʜ ʏᴇᴀʜ

{OoC:}

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:06 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

----------r ι d e r--------w ι l ѕ o n----------

♪ And wake my dreams ♫
♪ Let it wash away ♫
♪ My sanity ♫

----------f σ υ я т н----y e a r----н υ ғ ғ l e p υ ғ ғ-----------

Rider smiled widely when she spotted her friend and dragged her little sister over to see him. Claire waved excitedly and said, "Hello Lyall! It's nice to finally meet you! Rider talks about you so much!" Rider quickly clamped her hand over her sister's mouth and gave her a "what are you saying?" look before Tori showed up with her brother. Rider excitedly hugged the girl, then hugged Lyall too. Tori had brought her brother, probably to buy him the school supplies he'd need for the year. Rider had a pocket full of money, after converting the Muggle money her parents had given her. "So, are we off to the shops then?" Rider asked with an enthusiastic smile.

♪ 'Cause I wanna feel the thunder ♫
♪ I wanna scream ♫
♪ I'm coming clean, I'm coming clean ♫

-----------o υ т----o ғ----c н a r a c т e r-----------

{...}

Miss GryffindorK

The Shiny Furret

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:58 pm
User Image

User Image

Third Year │ Slytherin │ Chaser

Devonte walked along the streets of Diagon Alley, his hands in his pockets and his head aimed down at the cobblestone streets. So far, his summer had been uneventful and--quite honestly--boring. Save for the beginning. But that was a bad kind of eventful. It had landed him in the hospital for a few weeks, along with who knows how many others. Most likely too many. After a bit of walking, he bumped into someone and realized that walking with his head down probably wasn't the best idea. Speaking of others in the hospital, he wondered how Lola was doing. Not that he remembered much from the attack. His memory was perfect up until he had been beaten into the ground, and then it turned fuzzy. He remembered carrying something (he assumed Lola) to St. Mungo's and then blacking out.

Then he had woken up with his mother by his side--he had no idea where his father or Layton was until his mother told him that he was being looked for at Hogsmeade. But everything had turned out fine for his family a few hours later, save for the pain everywhere in his body and time in the hospital for him. But now, he finally had at least some sort of freedom. He still had a bit of lingering pain, but it was bearable, and his father had given him enough money to buy whatever he wanted. Half the reason he was even allowed to be at Diagon Alley by himself right now was because his parents trusted him to be responsible, and because his mother worked in Diagon Alley so he wouldn't be too far away from help. In any case, he enjoyed being out of a hospital bed and actually able to get some fresh air.

Twisting and turning his way through various people and storefronts, he finally made his way to a quidditch shop, though didn't enter quite yet. He looked over the brooms on display in the window, casually thinking about them in his head. Would one be worth the buy? Probably not one in the very front, but one that didn't belong to the school was necessary. He sighed out, looking around but still not wanting to go outside. He was enjoying the breeze flowing through his blonde hair, after all.

mc2

OOC:

━━━━━━

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:00 am
User Image
Lola Mutan Ye a.k.a. Lolli xxxxx
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx <3rd Year>
Time: Summer of 2030
Looking: Pretty Clever
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx
It felt weird for Lola to be back on a busy street full of people, especially since the last time she was surrounded by this many was at St. Mungo's. Where she probably wouldn't have had the opportunity to have woken up at if it hadn't been for Devonte. At least from what she had heard some blonde Slytherin around her age had carried her in. She couldn't decide what to think of it beyond she knew for sure it meant what she had known all along: Devonte was not the arse most people made him out to be. Sure he had his faults, but he could have left her but... she shook her head, her cheeks brightening for a moment till she heard, "Ooh! Lolli is thinking of her Princey!"

Lola glared down at her brother grabbing the five year old and messing up his hair and denied turning brighter, "Am not!" "Are too!" "Am NOT!" She snapped as her brother wiggled out of her grip leading her to chase him down the street, dodging people as she went. She wished her Dad wasn't busy talking about wand supplies and such at one of the shops, she could swear Rhett wouldn't be half as bad with him here. Their Mum wasn't going to be there of course, but still! "Rhy! Why you..." She grabbed him up a few shops down from the quidditch shop and then sighed putting him down again, and said, "Can't you just behave for once? Oh look- let's look at brooms. If I find a decent one cheap Dad said I could get it. I'll even teach you to fly, if you want."

Rhett eyed his older sister, stuck out his tongue and raced over to the shop, shoving a few people out of the way to look at the brooms, not even noticing Devonte he elbowed in the hip as he turned around pointing at one of the best brooms in the window and calling out, "Lolli, get that one! It looks wicked!"

Lola massaged her forehead as she caught up and said, "Rhy, I'm pretty sure I can't afford whatever..." She paused looking at the broom, it was nice, but unless you were filthy rich and some collector or a professional it was out of the question in Lola's book. Noticing Rhett practically stepping on someone's foot as he jumped up and down, Lola said, "Sorry about.." and froze when she recognized who it was Rhett was elbowing and turned bright red and practically pushed Devonte as she half strangled her little brother in a tight hug, "Um.. hey Devonte. Sorry my brother he's-" She paused and snapped, "You bit me! You obnoxious little monster why you bit me!" Rhett stuck his tongue out at Lola and then glanced up at the blonde, "So. Learned that one from the gnomes..." He glanced to Devonte eyeing him suspiciously and then said, "Ooh, the-"

Lola placed a hand over her brother's mouth quick as she silenced him before he could go on, and blushed saying, "Um... thanks about the... well you know... um... Hogsmeade. How are you doing about that by the way?" She added growing more serious and her brows creasing in concern.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

{OoC: }
Deviled Dregs

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:16 pm
User Image

User Image

Devonte had still been looking over the more expensive brooms in the storefront before he felt himself being pushed and bumped by something, along with hearing a familiar voice. He looked down, seeing a boy who was obviously much younger than himself bumping into him. He frowned, but then looked up to see the same girl he had been thinking about only a moment before: Lola. So she had an annoying brother--maybe they weren't so different after all, even if hers was younger. Even if he didn't care for children, he wasn't one to act like a p***k to one just for the sake of it. "It's fine. My pain tolerance isn't that low," he said jokingly, though half-seriously. He had learned that first-hand. He wasn't one to toot his own horn--oh, who was he kidding, yes he was, but anyway--but not everyone would've been able to carry a passed out girl to the hospital while simultaneously being in major pain themselves.

He raised an eyebrow when her brother mentioned gnomes, but he decided not to question it. He guessed they were part of that garden or whatever Lola had been talking about at the station. Not that he cared, of course.

The boy shrugged his shoulders as she mentioned Hogsmeade; half the reason he came here was to forget about it. "There were already enough casualties, didn't need to add another one," he said as a way of saying "you're welcome." He was about to say dead bodies, though he supposed casualties would be better to say in front of someone as young as Lola's brother. His hand pressed against his side as she mentioned how he was doing, once again shrugging his shoulders. "Still hurts like a motherfu--I mean, I'll survive," he corrected himself once again. "Suppose I should ask how you're doing, as well."

mc2

OOC:

━━━━━━

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:32 pm
User Image
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx <3rd Year>
Lola nodded when Devonte mentioned his pain tolerance and said in attempt at a joke, "I'll remember that for the next Slytherin vs. Ravenclaw game... won't feel bad about aiming all my bludgers at you." As the conversation went on, Lola winced slightly at Devonte's suspicious look when Rhett mentioned the garden gnomes. Wizard families had garden gnomes, right? Would he think something off more than normal now about her home? She loved her home but... well she didn't think advertising she wasn't quite human to Devonte was for the best. Sure he seemed to get over the whole she was a Ravenclaw and some halfblood in his book, but being a Halfblood was a lot different than 'Half breed'.

She frowned as Devonte brushed off her thanks and said looking at the brooms instead of him, still holding her brother's shoulder as he looked between the two with suspicious eyes. "Still... thanks. I mean..." She glanced at him for a moment and then shook her head glancing back at the brooms, frowning some as he said he still hurt but he'd survive and then asked how she was. She still was having nightmares, but being in a place that was completely different than Hogsmeade, instead of surrounded by stone and ordinary wood storefronts, she had plants surrounding her in her room and earthy colors and the scent of flowers and the forest floating through the window. It helped. "I'll survive," She finally answered. "I mean I don't think I got hurt as bad as you and you..." She glanced over and shrugged, "Guess I don't have as much of a pain tolerance as you do. Anyways, I do owe you either way a proper thank-you. If you need anything or know a good way for me to say thank-you, I'd be happy to do so."

She grew quiet and looked back to the brooms and was about to change the subject when Rhett pipped up, "I know how she really wants to say thanks!" Lola glanced down at her brother narrowing her eyes as Rhett went on to start with "Lolli and Dev sitting in a-" Lola grabbed her brother's ear and began twisting it. The five year old began screaming 'ow! ow! I'm telling Dad! I'm telling Mum!" Lola twisted his ear again and said, "I dare you, runt" before letting him go and getting an evil glare at him. Lola still bright red looked at Devonte and said dryly, "Sorry... he's... he doesn't get out much. And for pretty good reason, obviously. Anyways, as I was saying, if you need any help or anything I'd be happy to oblige. I owe you, after all." She ended with a smile at Devonte while Rhett, still rubbing his ear glared at his older sister but said nothing.

Deviled Dregs

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:12 pm
User Image

User Image

Devonte smirked lightly when she joked about aiming her bludgers at him. "Yeah, you'll just feel bad when you miss every single one," he joked back. He refused to say he'd feel bad if that actually came true.

He nodded, but shrugged his shoulders. There was nothing he wanted. He had enough money in his pocket to buy any superficial item (or items) he wanted, and beyond that, he couldn't think of anything. "There's nothing I want that I can't get myself. But if you think you've got something for me, feel free to let me know."

He knew one thing for sure. He certainly didn't want what Lola's brother had proposed. Yes, Lola's face wasn't bad, and dare he say mildly attractive, but no way. Not with someone like Lola--unless the experience was immediately erased from their memories afterwards, and even then it was iffy. He had done some thinking in the hospital, though.. Ah! Devonte, stop! The rational part of his brain was smacking him again and again for even entertaining the notion of liking her.

He cleared his throat, turning his attention back to the storefront. He hadn't heard much of their previous conversation, but there had to be a reason they were here. "So.. Looking for a new broom? Or did you just get unimaginably off-track from a garden store?" No matter what, it never got old teasing Lola about her gardening.. whatever she called it.

mc2

OOC:

━━━━━━

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:40 pm
User Image
xxxxxxxxx <3rd Year>
When Devonte shrugged off hr offer to try to pay him back stating he could get anything he wanted himself, she frowned for a moment looking at him trying to decide if their was some veiled insult there. Lola knew very little about Devonte's family and him her, but it was obvious enough the Bannisters were way better off financially than her family was. However she didn't have much chance to ponder it before she had to once again wrestle with Rhett, her attention devoted to him for a few moments. Lola was thankful when Devonte changed the subject to brooms. Quidditch and brooms was a totally normal topic. She didn't have to worry about obnoxious little brothers saying completely outrageous things to see how red she could turn. And Rhett was more focused glaring at his sister as he rubbed his ear that she had twisted

She looked over at Devonte and said, mostly ignoring the comment about gardening, "I was thinking about getting a broom... I don't know if new will really work with the budget I was given, but I thought I'd look around while I'm in Diagon Alley. Dad's busy meeting up with a few shop keepers right now for work so I was given charge of Rhy. I might end up just getting used. I can probably get a higher end model that way, than a new one."

She shrugged and then brushing some of her hair back added, "What about you? Just looking or thinking about upgrading yourself? Any particular model in mind?"

Deviled Dregs

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:40 pm
User Image

User Image

Devonte sighed, shaking his head and looking from the storefront to her and back again. She really did talk like a poor person. He supposed that she had her own agenda when it came to quidditch, and wasn't as focused on doing well like he was, but still, it hurt to listen to. The muscles in his jaw began to work before even his brain could stop them. "I'll help buy you a new one. And I mean new, not whichever one's the cheapest and looks like it won't break immediately. They're called used ones for a reason. They're pieces of shite." He looked down to Lola's little brother, directing his next statement towards him. "Don't repeat that."

It wasn't like he was trying to get on her good side or anything. The main reason he was willing to spend his own money on her was pretty much solely because of the fact that he wanted a challenge in quidditch, and some bollocks secondhand broom wouldn't be able to give him that satisfaction. So really, it was as much of a purchase for him as it was for her. "It's really not up for negotiation, so don't say no."

mc2

OOC:

━━━━━━

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100

Porcelaine Ivory

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:15 pm
User Image
User Image

Laim slipped past a small group of chattering children and onto the main cobbled street, his black dress shoes more reflective than most of the the shop windows that lined the alleyway on either side, each one littered with smeared hand prints and smudges of various size. Despite the blanket of gloom that followed a few yards behind, the excitement building inside him swam visibly in his icy blue eyes, though he didn't openly plaster it on his face. He drank in his surroundings like a cool glass of iced tea on a hot summer's day, absorbing them into memory so he could replay them later.

"Liam Alexander!" His mother's hushed, but urgent voice stopped his body in mid-step—mechanical almost, and he rolled his eyes without even turning to face her. His muscles frozen in place, he patiently waited for his parents to catch up.

As his father approached, his arm purposely collided with Liam's shoulder, forcing him a few inches to the side.
"Unless you want to be burdened with your brother's hand-me-down books, broom, robes, and rat, you go where I go. It was more of a hiss than words, and more of a demand than a warning.

Without protest, or a gesture of acknowledgement for that matter, Liam fell into step behind his parent's brisk pace and next to his family's house elf, rather than in front of him like a typical "master." Although he dared not address his gratitude aloud, the untidy servant let his lips twitch into a hint of a smile, his eyes never leaving the back of the woman's knees directly in front of him. Addison and Emmaline Cade knew their youngest son wouldn't let his tiny, pale-faced "Urchin" lug his purchases around today, but they insisted on his company to further forge the image of power and superiority that they so eagerly depended upon.

With a sternness and striking obedience that only comes with practice and lessons learned the hard way, Liam carefully locked away a large collection of positive emotions that had been waiting to escape on this very occasion for as long as he could remember. There were several more days until he would depart for Hogwarts, but freedom was within reach, and this trip to Diagon Alley was tangible proof that the short leash currently binding him to his family would soon be stretched, and eventually cut.

User Image

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games