Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
Revelio and Open Sesame! Double Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:40 pm
Meztli
They caught themselves grinning as the green charged past to find hers. That was the spirit! Today was a happy day, wasn't it? They clapped vigorously for the new pair, turning slightly to beam at Ruunan and Rykin as well. Of course, that drew their attention back to the twin bronzes as they had their...disagreement...but the green's happy aura wouldn't let them be too unhappy about it. "They're just being siblings, right?" They truthfully hadn't had any real siblings. There'd been other foster kids at Rivercrest, but that wasn't quite the same. They'd been focused on learning their craft by then anyway.

"I'm sure once they bond they'll settle and end up the best of friends. Wouldn't you, if you were stuck together that way for a while? Man...I bet it was cramped in that egg...!"  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:44 pm
YURASTAR AND HAVELI

It looked as though Impressions were happening and so it was important to pay attention. Just because things seemed peaceful didn't mean they always would be.  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:46 pm
Tuelarua - High Reaches Candidate

The little green charging by sends Tuelarua into an absolute smile, beaming as she races off to find Hers. How utterly sweet, and what a pretty little green too! She’s trying her best to remember patterns that she can, though in full honesty she knows that she will just have to sneak glances when she’s able to down the line. A tiredness is beginning to catch up to her as the candidates in the cavern begin to thin out. Though her eyes flit around, trying their best to find her companion, they settle some on the egg still in Fianth’s claws that had been punched by candidates. Were they alright? Surely mother knew best, yet she can’t help worrying for the little baby within.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:49 pm
Kinyegele

And there the beboping little green went! Kinye felt both a pang of jealousy and a large surge of elation on behalf of the older boy the dragon had gone to. She was beautiful! But so was every dragon on the sands, much to her delight. Even the larger of the twin bronzes was pleasant to look at, even if he made her heart pang with concern.

"They're all going to be wonderful adults," Kinye commented with an idle smile to Fisher, shifting her weight from foot to foot as she looked at them all. Positive thinking wouldn't allow the notion that all of them would potentially not make it through Weyrling training.

houllow

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:00 pm
Helaku lifted one arm to shield against any possible spray of sand as a lovely little green darted in the direction of himself and Saekagi even as a wide grin broke out across his face from a sudden surge of joy. Such a happy little thing! Before he knew it the green was pushing herself up against the other boy, and Impression seemed all but certain. Would the two accept each other?

"Is she...?" he asked after a few moments, not wanting to assume it had happened. He hoped, though. He'd gotten a good feeling about the other boy in the short time they'd known each other.

Ryuthulhu

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:01 pm
Weyrling Makimton and Green Zygmuth

Makim finished oiling his beautiful green dragon just as Zygmuth was drowsing off. He tenderly tucked in her wings so she could nap comfortably. The young man rose to his feet and stretched. Finally he looked around at those around him. Some had joined the oiling crew, and he nodded to them.

It surprised him at how many were at the feeding tables and oiling. From the sounds of the hatching sands it sounded it like the hatching was still going. They were going to be probably one of the larges weyrling wings the weyr might ever have seen for a double queen clutching. Zygmuth turned her head slightly toward him in her sleep and he placed his palm reassuringly against her muzzle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Candidate Nalacko she/her

Nala was standing a little more relaxed and confident as she watched the remaining dragons parading around the sands. She gave a grin as a pretty green found her rider. Almost all the eggs had hatched. There was just a couple from Rhianth and a handful from Fianth. She was eager to see them hatch and reveal the precious darling hiding within.  

magnadearel

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:31 pm
Red & White Bronze
Someone... had the audacity to tell him to stop? Turning his head, the large bronze gave a low growl as he turned to stare pointedly at Ruunan. His smaller brother was forgotten, and instead, he stared balefully at the timid boy.

He gave a flick of his tail, allowing it to whip his smaller brother, and instead he glared at the Candidates. Who were they to judge him? For a moment, it looked as if he was going to pounce, or at least lunge at the one who so foolishly condemned....

But he stopped.

He stopped, because someone was looking at him. And that someone was his mother. The golden queen had turned an eye upon him, and he would bring no further shame to the Hatching grounds. Still, he kept his fangs bared, and glared at not just Ruunan, but all the Candidates.

They were well and truly beneath him....

- - -
Lumos Blue
The blue dragon sat a few more moments with the two girls, before deciding it was time to move on. At least, he knew, the girl seemed to be feeling a little bit better. Giving one last happy chirrup, the blue dragon began to pick his way through the crowd once more.

He felt the tug of someone else who could use a bit of hope, but unfortunately, something else stopped him instead.

His.

The one....

Silver & Grey Mystery Egg
The bronze dragon had finally pushed himself to his feet and shaken off the sand. He spread his wings, which were large and glorious, and gave a happy cheep as his green sister Impressed. How good of her to do such a thing!

Dutifully, the bronze dragon started weaving his way through the boys. He paused now and then, looking this way and that, pausing to sniff at a few before carrying on. He let his mind reach out to touch a few Candidates, sifting through their thoughts, curious at everything he was learning and discovering. What was a meatball and why did they love them? Who was Moreta? Why were they thinking about a boy instead of dragons? Why were they afraid? The bronze soaked up the little thoughts he stumbled upon, but none of the thoughts were truly meant for him.

And yet... Someone..... That was the one.

Trotting over the bronze dragon sat down a little ways away behind His, mischief whirling in his sudden rainbow regard. For a moment or two he said nothing, before he asked quietly, ....What are you staring at, Mine? The little bronze gave the equivalent of a laugh. Why don't you watch the hatchlings and I watch over you, eh? Your Nevidenth will always have your back and make sure you're all right. The little bronze gave a happy croon and then gave an exuberant pounce--pushing Yurastar down onto the Sands, and wrapping about the boy. He was careful of his claws and wings, and there was no doubt that everything he did was out of love.

User Image

houllow

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:38 pm

As she knew it must, the friendly little blue eventually moved off. “Good luck,” she murmured after him. Hopefully he’d find His easily. Nala turned her eyes to watch the remaining dragons. Someone angered the larger of the twin bronzes, and another of the many bronzes found his rider. Good for him!  

magnadearel

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:47 pm
W'ill and Brown Faloth
"I'm Willim-- I mean W'ill," he grinned at Cavera. "Gotta get used to the shorter name thing. I'm from Ruatha. This was my first Hatching -- I just got Searched like right around Rhianth's flight." He watched the antics of the madly-running dragonets with humor mixed with fondness and wonder over his Faloth. His Faloth. He'd never be wanting for family ever again.

Remembering the instructions for the care and feeding of a newly-hatched dragon, he figured he had better get Faloth cleaned and oiled. Faloth, it's time for a bath and oil! You'll have plenty of time to play with the other babies. Come on then!

Awwwww, all right, W'illMine, The little brown skidded to a stop in front of W'ill and looked up at him adoringly, eyes whirling purple. Then he gave a jaw-crackingly huge yawn. Oil and a bath would feel good. And after that, a nap?

W'ill yawned in response. "Yeah, that's a good idea..."

Prism Shine
Cavera and Aviforth!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:00 pm

A soft rustling was heard from Rhianth's clutch. At first it seemed that one of the currently hatched eggs had simply been shuffled aside by a passing infant - perhaps EP. However, when the rustling ceased, it appeared that an egg had been hiding beneath that egg.

That it had, in fact, been hidden beneath the egg. It was a pleasant enough looking egg, a Speckled Aquamarine little thing, with a large crack running down the top of it. Mystery Egg #20 shifted again, the efforts of a baby that was clearly no dud.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:06 pm
YURASTAR and BRONZE?!?!?! NEVIDENTH

Voices inside his head were no stranger to Yurastar. No..not the kind of his own, of course, but that of dragons reaching in and out to pass messages. The Twins often did that and he'd gotten so used to conversations that when something, or someone pressed into his mind he didn't even think twice about answering. "Just looking at the dragonets, Nevidenth. There are quite a lot of them out there, but don't worry. I'm okay." The conversation had been so casual, without a beat or thought, that Yurastar was honestly surprised to turn just in time to be pressed down by a dragonet.

A bronze dragonet.

Whose name he knew, who was talking to him, and who had the most beautiful rainbow eyes he'd ever seen. It was nothing like all the times he'd accidentally punched himself in the gut but at the same time it knocked the air right out of him. Every inch of his skin burned (not just due to the sand) and all he could think was the name he'd said before. Nevidenth. Nevidenth. His dragon.

"Are you really mine?" The question seemed redundant since he could feel, heart and soul, that the little bronze was, but sometimes confirmation helped. The reply was a snort of warm (and moist) air in his face which left him sputtering.

No one else can protect you like I can, so it has to be me. The dragonet's eyes whirled a merry green, though flecks of purple colored throughout. ...why? Did you have an eye on someone else? Should I be.......scoping them out as competition? Nevidenth narrowed his eyes and raised his head back and all Yurastar could see was an expression he often found when his siblings were taunting him. There are some lovelies to do see, but you know.... He leaned closer again, this time nuzzling his nose up against Yurastar's own. The motion would have been cuter, were he not pressing his poor lifemate into the sands. I'm much lovely-er. Yes.

Yurastar wheezed a laugh. "That's not a word." Carefully he sat himself up, his hands on the paws of his dragon as he moved them off his chest. "Also, I'm okay to stay and watch a little longer if you are. This is my...last time on the sands now, after all." The young bronze didn't respond, but instead moved to lay behind his new lifemate, curling up so that he may lean back if he wanted. They would watch them all together, in their own little world.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:11 pm
Kronoseth
The large brown dragon watched as Expecto Patronum first hid, then came out and slashed at him with his tail. The brown dragon gave a fake snap at the little one, before giving a little sway on his feet.

Oh no! I'm done for now... I have been defeated by the strongest blue in Pern. He gave a rumble, and (ever so carefully) let himself fall over to his side. He let his tongue loll out of his mouth, and shut his eyes....though he periodically did peek to see where Expecto Patronum might be.

- - -
Remember Me Gold
The gold dragon gave one last little fond croon at Amare and Nonami before something caught her eye. Something... Something she didn't like at all. Her eyes gave a flash of red, and the gold dragon immediately pulled away. Turning away from the two, her wings partially flared, and she pushed her way directly over to where the two twin-bronzes were struggling.

She stopped next to Ruunan and spread her wings wide. Gentle though she might be, she was not going to tolerate such uncouth and rude behavior! Just who did he think he was!? She glared down at the larger, more aggressive bronze, not at all intimidated by his matching baleful look. She was no fool gold... She had this bronze's number, and she wasn't going to tolerate it!

Today was an important day. The day was meant for family... And that's what they ALL were. PIcking on one another and turning on the Candidates that had come to see them?! No! She wouldn't allow it! Not on her watch! And if this bronze, or any other dragon on the sands, had a problem with it... They would have to go through her. And her mother. And her grandmother. Just wait and see.

---
White & Gold Mystery Egg 16
While everybody's eyes were on the bronzes and the gold, the dragonet within the cracked egg peered out of its shell. It knew exactly who it wanted, and where it had to look--and all this sneaking was nothing but good fun! Trying very hard to be sneaky, the little white dragon finally pulled itself from his shell. For a white he was large...but he was still very tiny and small compared to his larger clutchsiblings.

That didn't seem to get him down though!

His movement was swift but quiet; it was very clear he was sneaking, pausing now and then to hide behind an egg, or even a white-robed Candidate, as if... as if he couldn't be seen. He knew who he wanted and where he had to go.

Finally, with a giggle, he gave a leap and pounced. His eyes whirled rainbow, and laughed bubbled about him. Got you! I win! A hundred points all to Orath! The little white was clearly impressed with himself, and he was certain his Vash would be too! You didn't even see me, did you? But I saw you! I'm the clear winner today, you know... because I Impressed to the very best of them all.

User Image

Kyrieko

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:22 pm

She was startled to see the adult brown suddenly fall over on his side. Was he sick? Had something happened? Then she spotted him opening his eyes and looking for one of the babies. Oh they were playing! She laughed softly.

Nala looked over the rest of the sands in time to see the young second gold face off against the larger bronze twin. Oooo she hoped there wouldn’t be more ichor or blood spilled. Another white crept through the sands until he ambushed his rider.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:27 pm

The littler bronze's eyes wavered between yellow and uncertain yellow green. He was sorry! He wouldn't ever do it again. Bowing his head, the Red and White bronze crept awkwardly to hide beneath his brother's wing, pitifully attempting to regain his good graces. He had not meant to look at the Candidates! He had been wrong.

Expecto Patronum was delighted with himself. He trotted around his father victoriously. Oh, look at that! He'd gotten Daddy! OKAY now you're the prince and I'm the dragon okay? RAWR! He was so scary, yeah!

Peeking back at Daddy to make sure he was paying attention, the little blue spread his wings wide and ferociously.

The Speckled Aquamarine egg rustled again. The crack appeared to be juuuust a little bit wider.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:35 pm
Ruunan [HR] - 16 - he/him/his - App Woodcrafter

The green seemed overly playful, and Ruunan glanced up from his sandals to watch her pass, a small smile spreading across his face. Meztli’s words caught his attention, and he nodded slightly. “Maybe…” The young man began, but as he turned back to the twin bronzes, the bigger one’s growl caught his attention.

Red eyes fixed on him.

He raised a shaking hand to his lips as if trying to take back the words, but some primal, tiny part of him bridled at seeing the creature flick its smaller sibling. It was still being mean… He tried to open his mouth and speak up- but out came another tiny squeak, and he articulated about as much as a fish out of water could.

His heart squeezed in pain. How he wished he could do more for the little one… it was just so... unfair. The little dragon needed someone strong who would help him find freedom in his own way.

The arrival of Remember Me Gold was fortuitous in more ways than one- here was someone who could save the day. Ruunan’s heart gave a small flutter of relief as he watched her smite down her bronze sibling/cousin with a look so fierce even Nyara might have hung her head in shame.

He wanted so cheer, but the most he could manage was an encourage smile to the smaller bronze… Please, he tried to entreat it with kind thoughts, believe me when I say it’s okay. It’s going to be okay. Because that was something he had learnt recently, too.  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games