Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "YCQ" Your Cool Quests
Wellwisher's Quest Thread. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 153 154 155 156 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

people counter
  +1
View Results

Elyon of Arden

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:06 pm

I never thought of it that way...Hmmm..But there are alot more, storers now online.

Ohhh! nice! I can't draw, except eyes.

I dn't know. Depends on how pleased, how much gold and if it turns out to be cheaper or such.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:15 pm

I just wish peope would stop complaining about inflation, and the people who sell donation and evolving items realize that they're destroying the economy, It's no the 2% tax or the really old donation items. it's the new donation items that's destroying the economy and creating false misconceptions about inflation on Gaia for Donation items.

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Elyon of Arden

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:20 pm

Hmmm... that is an interesting thought. And I agree, people set the worth and cause increases.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:47 pm

At the same time, we are slaves to the marketplace. We set the price, because we buy. We complain about the price, but Gaia can't do anything about it. We raise the price, and start the cycle over again.

There's no sense in complaining, only nudging things more into our favor by buying at the right price instead of whatever the lowest price is.

wellwisher
Vice Captain

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:08 pm

This is very true, however since I play the exchange I nudge the prices up while buying at my accepted buy price.

hot4urshoelaces

Desirable Hunter

randomgirl768

Greedy Shapeshifter

6,850 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:35 am

inflation can be good sometimes you just have to know when to buy
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:23 am

You do, it's easier to keep the marketplace stable by buying one a day and not more than that.

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Lenelee

7,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:36 am

User ImageYCQ Invader Lenelee...

I sometimes get in on the quick cash in, but not to the extreme since I do know what affect it has. Thus, I'm hanging on to the extra MC's to sell at a much much later date. ^_~ Also, the inflation and item floods are why I tend to watch something if I like it. I'll wait for the price to go down if I think it's too high. Eventually the mass hysterics of OHEMGEE I MUST HAVE THAT will die down with everyone and so too will the prices. Although I've only been here for a short time, I've come to see the patterns in how the general population reacts to certain items and how it affects the market. There's always that massive flood. >_> At least it works in the favor of the buyers willing to wait it out a bit since everyone wants to make profit fast and thus undercut each others prices.

Speaking of prices, I still can't get over how much the chicky slippers are! Outrageous! I know it's an older item and more rare but really...50mil?! eek That is really not worth it to me for a one pose item.

...your midnight assasinUser Image
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:39 am

Lenelee
Speaking of prices, I still can't get over how much the chicky slippers are! Outrageous! I know it's an older item and more rare but really...50mil?! eek That is really not worth it to me for a one pose item.

Well, I think it was one of the first two event items. All event items from 2K3 (except for two of them, the Jolly Hat and the Jolly Slippers)
I'm only missing 11 event items all from 2K3. (all of halloween, and all of Easter)

It makes sense though. gaia stared February 18th. april 20th was when the easter event happened. So, the amount of people on then would be small, even smaller than the amount of people on during the Angelic halo release. (But the Angelic halo was a donation item so that only people who paid 2.50 would have gotten it may 24th.)

wellwisher
Vice Captain

hot4urshoelaces

Desirable Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:26 pm

Yeah, I want all Christmas and Halloween items except the Halloween 03 items. I mean I like some of them, but not for the price. But I think I can manage all the Christmas. My next christmas acquisition is spirited gloves!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:40 pm

Oh wow! I didn't realize that item was release so long ago. No wonder since there's few around now I guess. eek

Lenelee

7,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

hot4urshoelaces

Desirable Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:24 pm

Hehe! So Wellwisher, what did you decide to do with your decision on spending?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:06 am

hopefully this easters item will be better

randomgirl768

Greedy Shapeshifter

6,850 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Autobiographer 200

wellwisher
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:55 am

Right now, I'm saving.
The store items, and the Fortune egg items I'd really like, and even though the fortune egg items won't go down in price, I'm storing for the moment. if I get another couple lucky weeks in the next two months, I could get something pretty nice.
"YCQ" Your Cool Quests

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 153 154 155 156 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games