Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
Revelio and Open Sesame! Double Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:40 pm
Kinyegele

When the little gold started staring down the big bronze while the smaller huddled under his wing, Kinye did her best to square up as well. Clearly, someone was in a bad mood and needed to go get their breakfast and and nap so he'd stop being cranky!

Then there was Expecto Patronum caught up in a fantastic looking game with their dad. He had the right idea of things to do if they weren't going to eat.

Kahbrohm

He could see how the twins reflected him and Dehka when he watched them from back here. Did that make him that proud and angry one?....yes, probably. The smaller of them, however…. Kahbrohm rubbed his jaw again, scowling now that they were far and way enough that hopefully his sour mood wouldn't cause another disaster.

However, the thought he had would be kept to himself for now. Too far back to see what was going on properly anyways. He'd whittled enough holes into his ego he'd spend some time patching up over a different bronze.

Meanwhile another white had hatched and run off into the throng of candidates, and another bronze had impressed. Still a lot of blues around to keep an eye on.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:45 pm
Theo
For all his shyness, Theo knew well how to read people. Sylfie was not being fully honest... But he similarly knew well how to be kind, how to be proper and courteous. “Oh, w-well, yes.” He turned back to the hatching, slowly resuming his sketching, getting more into it despite the rare glance at her. “Yes there are, aren’t there? And look!” His distraction had caused him to miss the antics of the larger twin bronze. “The little twin is so shy. Kind of the larger one it shelled with to comfort it so.” He rapidly drew them huddled together, imagining eyes of blue and purple adoration with each other.

Between them, Regory gave a small ‘urp!’...and nearly vanished i to the pile of food.
Meepfur

ShinosBee

Nerd

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:18 pm
Lusialu
The girl was glad Vaali and Nyaranau were with her. This was her first Hatching and she couldn't help but feel overwhelmed by everything she'd witnessed. While she wasn't afraid of dragons, the babies were certainly a bit more intimidating than she imagined. She had never thought she'd witness such a death... and... though she was relatively unscathed, she felt bad about that, too. Some folks had gotten hurt by the dragons, and.... Well. She had walked away with nary a scratch. While her mother was likely relieved, Lusialu couldn't help but have mixed feelings about the whole thing.

...but then those weren't good thoughts, were they? "Look guys...a second gold. Oooh, I hope...I hope it stops the other from being rude." She gave a small sniff, brows knitting. "I mean... Brothers shouldn't be mean like that." Her brother had always been someone to look up to; and while he had teased and sometimes flaked out on her, C'lusi had always been kind and caring. And Alumet had always found time for her, even with all her lessons and new rank. So to see the siblings so....so upset with one another, well...

She couldn't help but hope that maybe they'd all make amends. Especially after they found Theirs. "Do... Do you think any will come to us?" She asked both the others. She wasn't sure if that was a selfish request or not, but some had spent time with other Candidates, or walked past them. Seeing a nice one up close might be nice. And oh, what if Vaali got one, or Nyara? What if-- No, she wasn't even going to let herself finish that thought.

Zyamel
The girl couldn't believe it. First Marti. Then Roana. Then Iathe. Bang, bam, boom, before she'd hardly had an opportunity to say hello, much less even purr a flirty line, they were gone. Impressed. While Zyamel wasn't usually the jealous type, to have been the unlucky party of four was a difficult pill to swallow, especially in the heat of the moment. Especially Iathe's green...

Surely, surely she had thought one of those spitfires had been meant for her. She was a handful herself, after all, and would have been able to keep them in line. At least that's what she believed. But even the other fierce green had paired off with some other girl, Rune....

Every dragon had to have a partner, and though there were still eggs left, a small part of her wasn't nearly as sure as she had been before. Well, there would always be other Hatchings. Finnisa, the girl who had joined her group late, hadn't Impressed yet either. Well, it wasn't over til it was over, and Zyamel would turn her loss into a win...

While the weyrlings were busy with their dragons, she could go find herself a cute one or two to hang on her arm for the Feast. Smirking, she turned to face down the last of the dragons. Where were the greens? Surely, there were a few more fighting spirits in there... Or even a delicate babe or two. She could play protective hero.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:25 pm
orri

"Is his name Hyglath?" Orri joked, merely giving Dehka a cheeky smile. What! It was funny!

"Well, good thing it doesn't work like that. If Yours is there, they won't care." It wasn't as if none of them weren't already aware of that, but it felt like it needed repeating. Like a magical mantra to keep his own hope alive. It had stung some to see Gryffindor go to someone else for reasons he might or might not mull over later, but for now he could focus on the others--yes, the chromatics of course, but the bronzes...So many bronzes, so many more chances than he thought...

Orri wanted to retract his previous statement, though, as he watched the twins. Kahbrohm was rough around the edges, yes, but not cruel he thought. Maybe that was another reason they told candidates to keep positive thoughts going, to balance whatever irregular humors the dragonets may have upon hatching. He sent some towards the smaller of the two, hoping even a little helped.

"You think they'll let us go back on the sands now? I hate just sitting here..."

Tsunake

demon_pachabel

medigel

Anxious Spirit

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:49 pm
arlie and smol alegriath

Alegriath physically chuffed and mentally laughed as Metlath zoomed past. See? She's much too quick. I can try, she replied to Aviforth, though even as she said that she felt Arlie's immediate press of concern, anxiety, a silent plea not to leave her. The white stroked under Arlie's chin with her tail and soothed her with a promise that she wouldn't. But later. I'm a little tired after eating, and I still need to get oiled...But I can watch and cheer you guys on!

And really, how could she leave when there were three sad-ish faces right in front of her? She absolutely had to help.

Understandable, Alegriath said to Florianth sagely, for appointed hugger was a serious job. Mine is, too. It's...complicated. But! We are here now! And we'll help them both through everything and anything. And that was that.

Arlie froze as the little queen drew near and relaxed only when her back was turned. Oiling, right...But it'd be rude to just get up and leave...So she reached up and plucked Alegriath off her head, less antsy with her hands full of cute, sparkly dragonet. She nodded in response, uncertain if she could talk about Haveli without bursting into tears again. She had her own haunted face to reflect on.

Haveli helped her through so much, Alegriath happily provided in her stead, extending her thoughts to Calla as well as her dragon. But the nice thing is that now we're all kinda sorta family, right? Or, like, cool friends who all live together! So even if there's someone not happy about it, there's plenty of people who are!

xAkina Tokuwa

xPrism Shine

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:02 am
arcadin

So many dragonets...And one more for the ladies on blues club. Wouldn't Ryah be so pleased. But for all the chromatics and metallics suddenly popping up, there was also a small prevalence of whites. He supposed that was the trade off for what he could only assume was a larger than normal clutch.

There was an exchange going on wherever he looked, which at least kept things mildly interesting--not the same tense atmosphere as before, with a death close to sparking the fire, but stimulating nonetheless. Towards the twin bronzes, he heard someone squeak, and his dark eyes went towards the candidate with a judging eyebrow lift. Was he really so timid to be outdone by a newborn?

Sweet Symmetry
it's not much but.............

medigel

Anxious Spirit

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:12 am
Halvor

He narrowed his eyes at the larger Red and White bronze. He wasn't sure how he felt about the larger one. The smaller one may have seemed weak and meek--maybe it was--but he knew from firsthand experience that it was always the one's you least expected to be the toughest. Sometimes it was just a strong will. He'd been trained to be like the large bronze, but his heart felt more inclined towards the smaller one. In all honesty, he wouldn't be able to say what drew him to the pair. Maybe it was their newness. Something he'd never seen or heard of. He'd come Bitra and the world there was very different from the one he was seeing displayed around him.

"I want him to come closer." He said, his attention centered on the small bronze. Halvor really wanted to meet it.

Andranis

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:44 am
He didn't think it had ever occurred to him you could cry and be this happy, or that you could do it without noticing, but she was her and she was his and more joy in one green skin than he thought it was possible to have.

"Y-yeah of course I'll play with you." He stammered, reeling and giddy. He could hardly believe it was him she was looking for, but he wouldn't turn her away either, no one else could take her from him. Not if they tried. She picked him

And she was hungry, and not kidding about her thirst, he could feel it echoing his own needs from several hours on hot sands.

He blinked, owlishly as he realized his sands companion was standing next to him, and talking to him, and gave a shaky, giddy and much more joyous laugh than he'd have considered a few moments ago.

"Her name is Rosmeth!" He answered, which probably explained everything as he wiped at his joyfully wet cheeks with a hand, the other resting on Rosmeth as though she might vanish if he didn't touch her. "...And she's thirsty." he added, because that was so amazing it was almost kind of funny even though it was also entirely normal. No it was definitely normal, he was just...

She was so -happy- and so was he, and they'd be leaving the sands together.

"I have to take her off the sands, G-good luck. No I take that back -I'll see you there.-." He managed, hoping the certainty could somehow push things in the other boys favor. There were still dragons on the sands.

Uta

Excited Apathy

Ryuthulhu

Golden Knight

15,750 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Mystical Adversary 25

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:08 am
Zamistia and Nanuth

Zamistia was still working on feeding her new dragon, her eyes flicking over to her sister in time to see her crying. Her heart seemed to catch in her throat, she didn't like seeing that at all. Two of her new fellow Weyrlings had gone over to try and help, but she had a feeling it wouldn't help. She bit at her lip, should she go over herself..was she being inconsiderate with not thinking of her sister's needs? As tears threatened to spill, she felt Nanuth wrapping her with so much love. He stopped eating, so he could place his head comfortingly in his lap. They should be far enough away that no one would see this gesture.

Shh, Mine, please do not cry. I know you love your sister, you were doing as I asked. We will see her after the hatching is over, I promise,the brown soothed. He knew His worried for Tizenia, but also that she might get in trouble if she went over to check on her sister. After all, she had duties to do right now.

Tizenia, I know you are sad, but your sister sends you her love. Please, she is feeling bad and I know you do not wish for her to do so. We will see you after the hatching, I have promised her we would,Nanuth thought to the younger girl.

I hope she knows I...love her. Maybe she doesn't..maybe I am a terrible...she began, before her brown was nuzzling more into her. No, he couldn't let her think such thoughts, he knew she was a very good sister. He knew every thought in her head, so it was obvious to him how much she was. He reached up and nudged her head back to what was going on with those on the sands. As much as he did not approve of the antics of his brother with the sandal in his mouth, it at least help his rider. He nudged the bucket as well, which she understood meant she could feed him some more. So while she did that, he continued to send mental images to Riz and Tizenia. That was when Misty squeaked a moment.

What is the matter, dear one?he asked.

I just realized...you are probably confusing them,she explained. Of course, he should have thought of that, so he tried to show images in proper order and making as much sense as he could. There was a lot going on, but he knew words alone would not be enough in this case.

Sorry, not used to talking to others. However, for some, I will do what I must,he assured her. He reached up to nuzzle her again, before hearing his cousin in his head again. His reply sent a snort from him, he could be formal all he wanted. Though he would keep in mind the rest of what his blue cousin spoke. He watched one of his cousins and said blue brother start to race around, causing him to sigh.

Busy eating, but thanks for the offer,he thought to Aviforth. Not like he would have fun around like that anyway, it seemed very silly to him. Then he watched as one of his green sister was moving from her bonded. He knew this green and another thought came to him, he may not be great at words, with most, but he did like taking things into his own claws.

Matoath, my dear sister, you were kind to Mine during the touching. If you and your's would like to come over, you may. Maybe..both of our's could use the company,he thought to her gently. Yes, his sister had earned his respect, for the same reason His's friends and family had. There were some among his siblings and cousin's had, so he would reach out to them as he could. He wouldn't go out of his way to search them out, but since his green sister had been close, he felt it worked well. He felt his rider notice another green had impressed, knowing that made her feel a little better. It may not be one of those she had hoped for, but he knew there was time. Then a cousin bronze also impressed, to another person unknown to His.

How..how many of you were...hidden?Misty asked, seeing another egg seeming to be revealed on the sands. An amused laugh came from Nanuth, enjoying the sense of wonder she was feeling from this. He noticed his golden sister going to deal with the bronze that had upset his rider with how he treated his twin. A nod of satisfaction came from the brown, someone to tell that dimglow off..good. And he noticed a white cousin finding their's too, he was glad to see his family doing as they should.

Prism Shine

Thaliawen

Hattaki

NovaCracker

Demanthra and Monath

Demanthra gave him a curious look as he said he was fine, about to argue the case. However, it seemed he was letting her know in that holding of her hand that she had been right to worry. Then his words confirmed it even more and she tried to think of what to say to make him feel better. She knew he had lost a brother, so seeing death was not something he liked dealing with. Tarot had been lucky during the hatching, it wasn't until later that they had lost anyone. First in their first threadfall, then recently one of Monath's fellow green sisters.

"It is okay not to be fine, Rhiyn. I didn't expect the hatching to be like..that. However, just know I am here, if you need me,"she spoke softly. She gave his hand a reassuring squeeze, using what comfort Monath could give her to hold onto.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:33 am
Zyanzi

More impressions! More eggs? This hatching was delighting him more than he could show. He held it in, the want to squeak excitedly. For now. His eyes traced through the crowds of remaining candidates. Still so many who were just like him, waiting for a hatchling to choose them. Zyanzi wasn't losing hope just yet, his heart quivering nervously in his chest. He would still hold hope. This wasn't over yet after all.  

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:23 am
Nimueh ran supply while the more trauma based healers set about mummifying poor Rizdax. At least the numbweed would make him more comfortable. But she had seen the look on his face before it had been covered in bandages and now she could see something in his single lonely eye. All the events of the hatching were taking a toll on him, both (very obviously) physically and mentally.

Seeking to comfort the boy she sat beside him once the healers had completed their task. "I know you can't talk Riz, so for now. I'll keep you company. we'll have tea later using those herbs you gathered for me..." And so Nim launched into talking about everything and nothing. New tea ideas, the possibility of redecorating her weyr, what the cooks in the kitchen had been gossiping about the previous day and more. It was all on the table as Nim sought to keep Riz engaged. However the more she talked, the less seemed to go in. Then quite suddenly the bandaged boy stabbed himself in the chest violently with a finger. "Rizdax!" Nimueh exclaimed shocked and applauded by the self harm. While Fresh blood bloomed against the white bandages like spring flowers on snow.

The brownrider reached out and caught his hands in her own, holding them tight she kissed his fingers (which seemed one of the few undamaged areas on his body), then, maintaining her grip she used his hands to draw his small broken body in against her chest. She wrapped her arms around him. Soothing and gentling him as best she could. There was no doubt her actions went far and beyond professional boundaries of doctor and patient, but she no longer cared. If she was to ignore the boys suffering she may as well hand in her healers knot anyway.

"Riz, don't give up hope dear one." She murmured. "You know, when I was your age I didn't think I would impress either. At that point, nor did anyone else, just my mother. I don't talk about this any more. I haven't even thought about it in a long time so you should listen and take it all in while you have the chance." Without conscious thought she kissed his bandaged head again. "I was a wild child. My father who raised me was strict, beyond strict. If he would have had his way I would have never left the house. So the weyr was pure freedom to me like nothing I'd ever known. I went a bit off the rails when I came here, drinking, gambling, jumping in any open bed. In fact I was banned from standing during one hatching cause I had missed so many candidate lessons and I tried to seduce the candidate master at the time as well. All I wanted was to have fun, to be me. Even if the me I was trying to be was a fabrication. A part I cast myself to escape my father. There was no way I was in the right head space to impress. But Mharlith choose me anyway, cause he saw past all that, to who I really was, then loved me all anyway. And I know you Riz, your goodness and self sacrifice, your hard work. It will all pay off, even if not at this hatching."

Hattaki

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:29 am
Nyaranau [HR] - 19 - she/her/hers - App Beastcrafter

Nyara gave Lusi a warm smile. Now that the worst of the danger had passed, she was far less inclined to bundle her and Vaali off the sands and into a safe place. She watched the hatching unfold with her trademark cheerfulness, though her dark brows puckered into a frown as she watched one bronze tease its younger twin... Poor little thing. How she wanted to bundle the creature up in her arms and take it away from the mean-spirited brother. She was reminded- briefly- of child-Ruunan, who even then needed her protection more than he realised.

And to see him standing there, trying to square off against the bigger bronze, almost brought her back to the childlike instinct of wanting to help him. Still, she held herself back from moving towards him, watching as Remember Me Gold moved towards that group.

“Oh- hey… it looks like you were right, Lusi! Go, you fierce queen you!” Nyara encouraged, animatedly pumping her fist in the air. At Lusialu’s question, Nyara glanced at the younger girl, smiling with a confidence that might even have dazzled that darling Gryffindor Brown. “Well- I don’t see why not! We are very fine candidates, aren’t we?” And she stuck her hands on her hips, a grin planted on her face as she struck an overly-exaggerated model’s pose.

Confidence, positivity and encouragement in their thoughts- that was all they could control. The rest was up to fate.

Uta
Lusialu

Teiha
Vaali

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:14 am
A gold in each clutch, and so many bronzes! The only thing that would have been more remarkable - and intimidating - would have been twin golds as opposed to bronzes. But so many whites, too! The poor, precious things...hopefully, with each other to lean on, and ideally with some sympathetic fellow weyrlings, they wouldn't have too rough a time of it. Looking at Theo far less now that she had a greater share of his attention again, she watched the goings-on down on the Sands with a bit more focus than she had previously. Primarily to fuel more fretting about the future.

Come now, Mine, there is nothing to worry over! Hesperith interrupted the thoughts with a tone that was a mix of reassuring and offended. You are getting awfully far ahead of yourself, and much as I love you, I would rather not listen to such fretting for the next turn or three or five. It will get awfully old! And besides, I could have nothing but greens, and they would be the finest greens that Pern has ever seen - and Faranth help anyone who would say otherwise!

Sufficiently chastised for now, Sylfie chose to hmm at the behavior of the twins. "I'm...not so sure he means well," she said with some hesitation - she was loathe to correct anyone! "But I think the ladies have it- have it handled."

Regory's 'urp!' was spared a glance, and a fond smile. At least he and Theo were having a good time!

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:25 am
Vaali
The fourteen turn girl’s energy level was at maximum by now; so much violence had happened, which thankfully she’d avoided, and so many Impressions! The joy, the rapture on the other candidates’ faces! She felt as though she might never sleep again. Her eyes were wide as she took in all the lovely colors and shapes of the baby dragons. They were simply everywhere now! She laughed with delight when the twin bronzes and a brown fell from their eggs, and let out a yelp of excitement when Remember Me hatched gold. This was amazing!

“Oh, I hope they do come over!” she sighed to Lusialu. “I’d love to see an Impression up close!”

Like Lusi and Nyaranau, she, too, was glad to see Remember Me stand up to the larger, nastier one of the twin bronzes. Bullying was never okay.

Sweet Symmetry
Uta

Teiha

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:43 am
Lucius--High Reaches Candidate

Watching everything that was going on, Lucius couldn't help but be overwhelmed. Even with three more impressions happening there were still so many dragonets on the sands.

He had seen the larger twin bronze get angry at the smaller one, forcing it back and away from the candidates. The smaller twin seemed cowed and afraid and he raised an eyebrow some. Was the larger one just...protecting his twin or was it just being dominant? He kept his thoughts from turning towards any form of anger, there was no need to be angry at the dragonet since he did not know the reasons for his actions. Though it seemed as if another boy hadn't done that and the bronze was staring someone down, and then the little gold was there.

Lucius couldn't help but shake his head and raise a hand, letting it then run through his shaggy sandy blonde hair. It was really getting hard to just focus on everything, there was so much going on. He wanted to focus on all of the babies, give them all the attention they deserved but, it was getting harder and to do just that. Instead he tried to look where he could, trying not to focus on just one dragonet, and sent out all the thoughts of happiness and love he could muster.  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games