Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply Threadfall
[IC]Threadfall: High Reaches - OVER! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 136 137 138 139 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
magnadearel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 8:57 pm
Burning Aces Wing
Ly’bur of Brown Hinburath
HP: 32/34
Status Effect:
XP:
Target Accuracy: 7
Flame Length: 7 (+3)
General Stamina: 6 (+1)
General Agility: 6
Between Accuracy: 7 (+2)
Pain Resilience: 6
Instinct: 7 (+3)
Luck: 7
Training at HRW for past 2 Turns (+6 xp to all), +5 to distribute

Mid Alt Wing

Ly'bur had to admit, Hinburath felt like he was in his element here. The brown wheeled and flamed, caught thermals to lift him higher and fought against the wind from blowing him where he didn't want to go. Namely into other dragons or Thread! It was physically demanding, and for a dragon not in top shape, a smaller blue or green, down right exhausting. Hinburath acted more like he was just cruising along.

Round 2: Day 2 Rolls
1. 4- You're so focused on flaming Thread that you miss a clump of thread blows up on the wind -- beneath you! If a greeen, or blue, you manage to jump Between ahead of it. Thankfully, your smaller size means you're able to avoid getting harmed! [+1 Between Accuracy] If a brown or bronze, your heavier size does cause your tail to get caught! [+1 Between Accuracy & Minor Damage - 2 HP!]
2. 7- You notice that one of your wingmates is in trouble. Look out! Your dragon screams warning, and you watch as they successfully dodge catastrophe. Quote a Wingmate who took damage to Nullify Damage for that post! The quoted wingmate can remove that damage, unless they have already returned to the Weyr for healing or are already playing out a KO'd scenario.
3. 2- As you're flaming down some Thread, a gust of wind suddenly pushes the remaining cloud back at you and your dragon. You've no choice but to blink Between to avoid it, and appear higher up, missing the clump. The rest of the thread falls down towards the lower altitude. [+1 Between Accuracy]
4. 5- Wheeling, flaming, catching thermals, fighting wind.... Threadfall is nothing if not exhausting. Greens, and blues find themselves panting with exhaustion. This is more tiring than they thought. Trying to come up from a dive, they struggle on wing and wind up getting blown right into some thread. Ouch! [+1 Stamina, Moderate Damage -4 HP ] Browns and bronzes aren't having quite as bad a time, their stamina having always been programmed to be a bit more hearty. [+3 Stamina]

magnadearel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 9:10 pm
Burning Aces Wing
Ly’bur of Brown Hinburath
HP: 32/34
Status Effect:
XP:
Target Accuracy: 7
Flame Length: 7 (+3)
General Stamina: 6 (+4)
Between Accuracy: 7 (+2)
Pain Resilience: 6
Instinct: 7 (+3)
Luck: 7
Training at HRW for past 2 Turns (+6 xp to all), +5 to distribute

Mid Alt Wing

While the wind wasn't pushing them around too much, it was surely playing havoc with the free falling Thread! It twirled and sent the threads of Thread dancing across the sky. Hinburath disliked chasing down the smaller pieces. That's what blues and greens were suppose to do. He grumbled quietly to his rider as he watched a nimble green easily chase down some small strands. Give him a nice big clump to aim at and he was happy.

Round 2: Day 2 Rolls
1. 4- You're so focused on flaming Thread that you miss a clump of thread blows up on the wind -- beneath you! If a greeen, or blue, you manage to jump Between ahead of it. Thankfully, your smaller size means you're able to avoid getting harmed! [+1 Between Accuracy] If a brown or bronze, your heavier size does cause your tail to get caught! [+1 Between Accuracy & Minor Damage - 2 HP!]
2. 7- You notice that one of your wingmates is in trouble. Look out! Your dragon screams warning, and you watch as they successfully dodge catastrophe. Quote a Wingmate who took damage to Nullify Damage for that post! The quoted wingmate can remove that damage, unless they have already returned to the Weyr for healing or are already playing out a KO'd scenario.
3. 2- As you're flaming down some Thread, a gust of wind suddenly pushes the remaining cloud back at you and your dragon. You've no choice but to blink Between to avoid it, and appear higher up, missing the clump. The rest of the thread falls down towards the lower altitude. [+1 Between Accuracy]
4. 5- Wheeling, flaming, catching thermals, fighting wind.... Threadfall is nothing if not exhausting. Greens, and blues find themselves panting with exhaustion. This is more tiring than they thought. Trying to come up from a dive, they struggle on wing and wind up getting blown right into some thread. Ouch! [+1 Stamina, Moderate Damage -4 HP ] Browns and bronzes aren't having quite as bad a time, their stamina having always been programmed to be a bit more hearty. [+3 Stamina]
5. 15- The greens, and blues don't seem to be having trouble sweeping up thread. Yeehaw! This isn't so bad! [+3 Agility] Browns and bronzes, you're struggling just a bit more getting around all the blowing clumps and individual strands. Still, it's good practice! [+1 Agility]

magnadearel

medigel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 9:26 pm
HURRICANE WING
Efrideet of White Asuracath
[13] [2] [12] [11] [5]
HP: 12/15
Status Effect:
XP:
Target Accuracy: 6 (+1)
Flame Length: 6 (+1)
General Stamina: 6
Between Accuracy: 6
Pain Resilience: 9
Instinct: 8
Luck: 6

SAVE A FREN AVAILABLE
By Faranth! You and your dragon pull off a pretty awesome move to catch some Thread that's fallen through. You're able to save one of your Wingmates! Quote one of your Wingmates who took damage this Round! This will remove damage and any possible negative effect from that roll!

SAVE A FREN PART II
If your dragon isn't suffering, you are allowed to quote a fellow wingmate (must be in your same wing) who is suffering the effect! Your dragon trumpets at them encouragingly, making them feel better, and giving them a renewed burst of energy and effort. Remove Fatigue Effect from one wingmate!

Another clump made it past the two higher layers, but Asuracath caught it with the indignant flick and flare movement of one trying to swat a fly away--and succeeding. If Efri had been a suspicious sort, she'd say her time so far had been going a bit too well.

DO NOT FORGET ME, BRONZE GARETH, the dragon said with almost puggish annoyance, though it was clear both were happy to hear back from one of theirs.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 1:16 am
Words and feelings swam around in her head unheeded, in and out as if a candle were flickering in a large dark room. All alone, it had been turns since her mind had been so empty of all thoughts other than her own, it made her stomach twist into knot. Despite her drugged state, despite the pain that was running through her, Alythrae could still hear the one word that might draw her from the edge of darkness and back.

"Mama"

A deep shudder ran through her body and green eyes fluttered open just enough to survey the fragile understanding of her surroundings. Three bodies were near her and pain, despite the numb feeling everywhere else, was biting in her right arm where they were doing something. Something... what where they doing? Didn't matter, she was facedown on a table and something was keeping her in place, weight of some sort. THere was no way for her to move to the voice of her child, so all that Alythrae could do was offer up words.

ot great ones.

"Bayb, Deeem?" Aly couldn't quite get the words past her own tongue, or was it out of her head? Her head felt so empty. "Tar..."

A hand pressed down between her shoulder blades, holding her firmly in place when she tried to shift to see her daughter. A growl that sounded like something her own dragon would make while fighting thread pulled from her and she tried again, only to have the hand pushed harder and words spoken towards her that she didn't completely grasp. But her daughter....

Dea and #Teddy#

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 2:57 am
Demanthra/Monath, Ash'il/Iptoneth, and Ashlyn/Gyafrith

Thank you, Aviroth, we will both make sure to take care, be safe while you are all up there. And thank you, it is good to know it is nothing to be shamed of,Monath thought to the brown kindly. When Alythrae spoke out to her daughter, the green gently nudged her rider. They both knew the healers would not let her rider's mother move, so it would be up to Demanthra to do so.

"I am right here, Mama, relax. The healers are just trying to take care of you. Please, let them do so, don't be stubborn,"she suggested. She hurried over and held her mother's hand, though still making sure to stay out of the healers way. Hearing the beginning of the name of her mother's dragon, she looked over to her own green.

I am sure she is still here, just unconscious. I would know if anything happened to her,Monath assured her soulmate gently.

Demanthra noticed a flutter of healers heading in the direction of a gold as they landed back into the bowl. She realized it was a gold she knew...Uridith, her Monath's mother. Not only that, but she noticed right away why the gold had landed, she had a bronze on her back. Her heart caught in her throat, she knew that bronze from anywhere.

"Ash'il,"she whispered.

Thank you, Mama, for bringing Mine's brother and His down safely. She and I greatly appreciate it,Monath thought to her mother. Then she sent a wave of comfort go through her as the bronze and rider were dunked in water.

"I will check on him,"Ashlyn's voice came gently, worry laced in her words when she had found where her mother was. They had gotten their signal from A'dras, listened to Gareth's speech, and came over as quickly as she could. Gyafrith was the one who had noticed their brothers were both down here, being dunked.

Gyafrith, can you please call up to Aviroth, see if there is anything he needs us to do? Then call over to your brother, to check on our brothers,she thought gently to her blue.

Aviroth, I and Mine are back in the Weyr. We are checking on family and our wounds again, but is there anything you need us to do? Iptoneth, can you hear me, brother?Gyafrith thought up to the Weyrlingmaster's brown, then over to his bronze brother.

Uridith, thank you for your assistance you provided. Do not worry about us, we shall be fine. Gyafrith, I can hear you, brother. I was in pain, so Monath's mother was kind enough to catch us. Healers say they think our trip between right before killed any active thread, but didn't want to take chances. Mine is fuzzy headed because we dealt with a lot of pain,Iptoneth assured both dragons. Once the healers were sure all thread was killed and none burrowed too deeply, Iptoneth allowed them to take him and Ash'il out. Then they were moved over to where Ash'il's mother and sisters were.

"Sorry,"was all Ash'il could get out, laying on the bed, his wounds being stitched up and put redwort on them. They also made sure to use redwort on Iptoneth and numbweed on both. Then while the girls were over, they dealt with any final wounds they had as well. They gave Ash'il something for his pain, but not enough to knock him out.

You don't have to apologize, Mine. We did what we could, we will live to fight another day. According to the healers, it looks worse than it is. Ariath, just letting you know I am rooting for you, my golden sunrise. Tell Your's Mine will need visitors when you are done,Iptoneth spoke to his rider, then the gold that would be up in the queen's wing. He was sure she would have noticed the save that had happened.

Gyafrith, can you pass word on to Papa please, that Demanthra is alright and Ash'il..will be?Ashlyn asked.

Zetigeth, Mine wishes for both of you to know, Demanthra is safe with us. Ash'il will be,Gyafrith thought up to the brown.

ShinosBee
For Uridith x2 and for Aviroth x2

Hattaki
for Mama and Papa

Kolina
for Ephia and Ariath

Meepfur rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:42 am
Trespassers Wing
Ellifrin of green Harth
HP: 23/23
Status Effect: N/A
XP:
Target Accuracy: 6
Flame Length: 6
General Stamina: 9
Pain Resilience: 8
Instinct: 6

The fall thus far has not been kind to Trespassers wing, nor to any other. No fewer than two of Harth's fellow greens had fallen and had required saving by the Queens, while her own clutchbrother had returned early on due to taking a severe scoring to the face. And they weren't even halfway through! She fretted quietly as they awaited the call for the second wave to go up, but did her best to keep her concerns to herself so as not to worry Hers any more than was necessary.

For Ellifrin, she remained a calm and confident support, and as time drew nearer, reminded her that the shift was close at hand and she had best finish her checks and mount up. When it was time, they were quite ready, and into the air and away.

Oh dear, but it was windy up here! Harth had barely even had time to croon at her dear wingmates before she was nearly blown at of formation and into a silver strand, but she twisted out of the way just so and burned it to ash.

Quote:
XP Tracking:
+1 Stamina

Meepfur
Crew

TheWishling rolled 1 6-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-6)

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:45 am
Queen's Wing
Alumet of Gold Zenobiath
HP: 28 (-1)
Status Effect:
XP:
Target Accuracy: 4
Flame Length: 2
General Stamina: 3
General Agility: 2
Between Accuracy: 3
Pain Resilience: 2
Instinct: 2
Luck: 2

They had been so focused on thread, that it was luck that had them closest to L'rel and his Daith. With a bugle of alarm, the young Queen shot forwards without any warning to her Rider. Zenobiath only gave Alumet the impression of what they were about to do. The Senior Weyrling positioned herself beneath them so that the pair was able to hold the delicate Dragon and her rider. Sweet Devith, worry not. I have you. Let us get you and Yours back to the weyr. Though she was aware of the dragon's state, she had to think for the best. They both did. The feeling of sharp claws in dark shoulders went ignored. Yes, it hurt, but it was more important that they deliver both rider and Dragon back to the weyr.

Once they had landed, Zenobiath gently let the other down, before crooning gently to the Rider. "L'rel. You and your Devith will be well. Let us know should you need anything." It was spoken in soothing tones, Alumet carefully resting her hand on the other's back, before taking back off in to the sky.

Sinders Path

Round 1: [17] [2] [19] [20] [14] || [7] [10] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Round 2:
[13] [9] [17] [18] [18] || [4] [19] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Round 3:

Meepfur rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:46 am
Trespassers Wing
Ellifrin of green Harth
XP:

See, darling? Harth cooed to Ellifrin, voicing it as reassurance for both of them, This is nothing we can't handle!

...perhaps she spoke a bit too soon, as the green was then blown out of formation by another gust of wind. Oh dear! They rushed to return to their proper place.

Quote:
XP Tracking:
+1 Stamina

Meepfur
Crew

Meepfur rolled 1 4-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-4)

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:47 am
((D4 for Harth!))  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:50 am
Trespassers Wing
S'del of bronze Kindeth
Low-Altitude
HP: 45 -4 - 3 - 5 = 33
Status Effect:
XP:
Target Accuracy: 2 (+2)
Flame Length: 2 (+3)
General Stamina: 5 (+3)
General Agility: 2 (+1)
Between Accuracy: 2
Pain Resilience: 4 (+2)
Instinct: 2
Luck: 2 (+1)

Round 2
1. 10 > +1 Luck
2. 1 > Tongue Bitten // 3 rolls / Double Damage + No XP
3. 15 > -2 HP > Doubled due to Tongue Bite / No XP > -4 HP
4. 3 > - 3 HP
5. 7 > - 5 HP > Painful Status / No XP and Double Damage

Though there was a shared pain between rider and dragon, the bronze dragon carried on. There was a new pain in his face, though the dragon could tell that the numbweed applied earlier was beginning to wear off. The Threadscores on his face were irritating, and now he had new
wounds on his neck, shoulder, and tail. Still, the two of them intended to finish their rounds. Pain.... They could deal with pain.

But a little voice had touched his thoughts, and the bronze found themselves with a moment o breathe. Do I get scared? The bronze thought about this for a long moment. Sometimes. When my rider is hurt, or sad, and it seems as if he will not be well. Or when my wingmates get badly injured. I try not to let myself get scared though -- and try to think of happier things. Do you get scared, little green?

As for her earlier question....

Sorry. I think I ripped them open when I roared. You can tell yours it is very hard to roar in pain without ripping things, and I failed his request. It was my fault, not my riders! He added, making sure that his rider would not get in trouble for his folly. He had tried to only roar a little... but the pain had been severe, and so he had roared loudly instead.

Mx Cherie

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Meepfur rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:54 am
Trespassers Wing
Ellifrin of green Harth
XP:

Once they were back where they belonged - oh, they hoped no one had seen that! - they caught sight of a few clumps being blown about. That wouldn't so at all! Harth caught a good pocket of air that carried her foreard to flame the first two, and then she dropped down to catch the third. They had this!

Quote:
XP Tracking:
+1 Stamina
+3 Target Accuracy

Meepfur rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 6:59 am
Trespassers Wing
Ellifrin of green Harth
HP: 23-2=21/23
XP:

But the ash blew right back at them, and Harth hissed in discomfort, but when she felt concern from Ellifrin, was quick to dismiss it. It's nothing, dear, I'm just fine!

Quote:
XP Tracking:
+1 Stamina
+3 Target Accuracy
+1 Pain Resilience

Meepfur
Crew

Meepfur rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 7:06 am
Trespassers Wing
Ellifrin of green Harth
HP: 21/23
XP:

All things considered, they were doing very well for themselves thus far, and Harth was proud. She knew things would get harder once the time came to shift to high altitude, where the Thread was thicker and the winds even stronger, but this was a good warm-up! How are you feeling, my dearest? That ash from before didn't catch you, did it?

My face is covered, it's fine, Ellifrin assured her, patting her neck.

Quote:
XP Tracking:
+1 Stamina
+3 Target Accuracy
+1 Pain Resilience
+1 Luck

TheWishling rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 7:23 am
Queen's Wing
Alumet of Gold Zenobiath
HP: 28 (-1)
Status Effect:
XP:
Target Accuracy: 4
Flame Length: 2
General Stamina: 3
General Agility: 2
Between Accuracy: 3
Pain Resilience: 2
Instinct: 2 (+1)
Luck: 2

They had just gotten back up in the air, and were doing well. A flame here, a shot there, and it was all smooth. However, as they fluttered back in to formation, they almost missed something crucial! A bag of FIRESTONE dropped heavy from the sky and fell past her. Glaring upwards, the Goldrider sighed. Damn.

Round 1: [17] [2] [19] [20] [14] || [7] [10] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Round 2:
[13] [9] [17] [18] [18] || [4] [19] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Round 3:
[14] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
ShinosBee rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 7:27 am
ASHLINGS WING
V'mel of Brown Aviroth
Round 3-3
(Gold Altitude)
9 – 2(3) – 14 – X – X
X – X – X – X – X
Roll: 14 - As you're burning down a clump of Thread, something doesn't seem right. With a sudden shout and twist, your dragon lurches to the side, as a shaffing bag of firestone comes hurdling down. Damnit! What on Pern are they doing up there!?! Amateurs! +1 Instinct
HP: 34/40
Status Effect:
XP: +1 Stamina, +2 Between Accuracy, +2 Instinct, +2 Target Accuracy, +4 Flame Length
Target Accuracy: 8
General Stamina: 7
Between Accuracy: 7
Pain Resilience: 7

Aviroth drifted down from the Low Altitude to pull alongside Aresoth as he finally rejoined the fight. It was a shame that the young rider had missed part of the fight, but keeping your head and focusing to get back into it at all once something went wrong was an important skill, especially for a potential leader. Well done, and welcome back. Keep an extra eye on thise fresh to the fight. The wind seems to be shifting, and though fresh, they may struggle with it.

The brown had had further comment, but cut himself off with a hiss and a swerve as a bag of stone came whistling by, plummeting uselessly.

...Gyafrith. We do not mean to steal your hard-earned rest. Keep your door open, should any of the weyrlings need support or assistance, perhaps do a check on them at the end of the hour.

...And if it is not a bother, please let Yours know that we will be having stone-throwing drills tomorrow. Again.

“BastetAmun”
“Dea and #Teddy#”

Threadfall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 136 137 138 139 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games