Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
Revelio and Open Sesame! Double Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:04 am
Rhys - HR

Those bronze twins seemed to make sense to Rhys. His attention was drawn back to them, watching the smaller twin with a sense of understanding. His sister could be like the larger bronze, and the young, upbeat boy often felt like he was supposed to be far kinder to her, far more understanding. He tried his best, he really did. Shards and shells, so many of the babies on the sands had his attention at once, but...those bronzes...Hopefully they'd both find Theirs soon.

Brenva - HR

That little Gold was just so delightful, so sweet. It made the girl smile to watch as she shifted at the back of the pack. Such MADNESS and delight came from the sands! She had to wonder at the Bronzes, the larger one reminding her of Nabol, of the way people acted back at HOME.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:17 am
Zelaya
Their brow furrowed at the sight of the bronze twins. The smaller one was clearly ready to go impress, but the larger one refused to allow it. Why? He even went so far as to strike at the littler one, lashing with his tail and forcing him to stay put until the golds—mother and hatchling both—stared him down. Surely the larger twin had to know how critically important they both were. The Weyr, Pern herself needed bronzes to lead and fight and contribute to the next generation. They felt pulled in opposite directions inside, unable to decide entirely how to feel, beyond hopeful that both managed to impress.

On the one hand, the larger bronze was clearly dominant, and they would need commanding leaders in the future. They had never been one to gainsay a bronze—only a gold knew better, of course—and besides, telling the larger one off might harm its chances of impressing. that would be a horrible waste.

On the other hand, they needed both those bronzes. Every dragon was important, and though the smaller one was meeker, had less of that (to their mind) requisite sense of self-worth that lent to such confident, unshakable ability to command the respect of their future wingmates...they were still important. They would still fight and fly and serve Pern, provided they were allowed to impress.

Neither option—losing either bronze—seemed desirable...But then again, a bronze was not a dragon for a lady. It would make no impact upon her own chances if something happened. Still...they would rather it didn't. Please, dear worthy ones, find your way to the right outcome. We need you!  

ShinosBee

Nerd

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:38 am
Helane was so excited now, previous horrors forgotten for the moment, other than the painful throbbing in her leg and the odd dribble of blood that she could feel, but it wasn't anything worse than she'd had on the fishing boats, no biggie, she clung tighter to Jeri and Fahn's hands while conscious of the need to not crush them. "EEEEEEEEEEEEE" she just screeched a little, especially when another Gold hatched,she ducked as Fahn nearly slapped her, "I KNOW!" she said loudly, excited, maybe even hopeful, aaaah this was just too ... amazing, she could barely contain herself, only frowning when the TWIN BRONZES hatched... WOWEE!... but the bigger of the twins was so MEAN... she didn't like that, she tried to keep her thoughts of dislike to herself though..

tatterpixie

demon_pachabel

~~~~~~~~

Serfie still clung a little to A'iel, but now dragons weren't killing or maiming people, her heartrate started to drop, she wasn't quite as fearful, it was kind of exciting really, those playful babies, the two eggs crashing into each other, revealing twin bronzes and a brown, another Gold hatched, all so interesting now, she wasn't too pleased at the bigger bronze dragon's antics though and thought as much to him "Stop it you big horrible mean thing, leave him alone!" she thought at him, frowning, she HATED bullies, even if that bully was a dragon.

ShinosBee
for A'iel mention, no need to reply XD

Uta
for big twin mention/thinking at because Serfie couldn't NOT say something to a horrible bully

~~~~~~~~

Farellen was still trying to cope on the Sands with only one sandal, he kept having to hop in place, putting his foot down every so often before picking it up after not very long. It occured to him to call for Abloooo to bring him a spare sandal but flits were banned from the Sands and he didn't dare break that rule, especially after that idiot girl threw the first punch at that egg, he had been torn between helping or not sure, but PUNCHING? ... no.. that had been the worst idea from the big girl, ever... so he kept trying to balance with one foot on top of the other, looking for all of Pern, like a demented wherry, flailing his arms to keep himself upright, sitting was an idea but the sands were hot, he wouldn't have been able to sit for long either before having to get back up again, still he couldn't help but laugh through clenched teeth at the blue, parading his sandal about like some great prize. He was too busy trying to stay on his feet.....well his foot, to pay much attention to the hatchlings, other than the one with his sandal.

~~~~~~~~

Bekah almost shrieked when a green hatchling came up to where she had been watching over Ticene, for one moment she'd been caught between horror and desire that the dragon may have been looking for her, but it was quickly clear she'd come for the injured candidate "Please be careful" she'd called after Ticene, fretting that the girl would hurt herself more, but as she continued to watch, the girl sat, and didn't seem to be in too much trouble now, as long as once her dragon was settled, she would see a more qualified healer and get her wounds stitched possibly, before the feast that was sure to come later that day. She turned to cleaning up the station, making sure dirty supplies were put away and clean ones were replenished from the packs they'd brought, ready for anything, ready for a possible second wave of violence, keeping herself busy. She'd been so torn when that hatchling had appeared, so close, her whole life goal was to become a healer, to help people.... but there had been a girlish surge of hope when the green had been there, hope that a dragon had picked HER forever.... She shook her head, no.. NO .. that was Tass' dream, not hers, her boyfriend would become the rider, Bekah would be there to put him back together if he ever got hurt... that was her plan. ... she was sure, she tried to hold onto that, to hold onto her dream.. her life goals .. even as she fought back some disappointment when the hatchling had Impressed to someone else... right there...

~~~~~~~~

R'kar had been so busy feeding Kaymahath, and she had been busy trying to block him from other dragons, that they didn't much notice what was going on around them until he had, slowly, finished oiling every part of her hide that wasn't injured, he had also been busy stopping her from snapping at the Healers that had been patching them both up, trying to calm her down since she flinched, growled and hissed whenever she was touched, eventually he'd had to apply the numbweed to her himself, only then, once both their physical pains were dealt with, did she calm down enough for her healer to better care for her wounds, R'kar was not a healer. Kaymahath was falling asleep by the time she noticed the smaller dragons... then she spotted THAT one. "stay away from Mine... you hurt him... " she hissed and mantled her wings, keeping herself between R'kar and Saevath, in time she may forgive but Saevath had almost killed Hers.. she wasn't about to let her near him. "hush... it wasn't her fault Kaymahath, my dearest one" he thought to her, wrapping her up in warm, loving thoughts "im here, she's bonded, she can't hurt anyone again" he added, bending to stroke her head, still quite unable to believe she had chosen him.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-
for Saevath mention, Kaymahath will forgive her in time XD

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:45 am
Siv

Another secret egg?! Was burying eggs a-- well, it might be common, Siv realized. Her eyes flicked over the red burns on her form from the Sands, the sting. They weren't so bad she was feeling awful -- nothing a good ointment or cream or even cold water wouldn't help -- but they were still VERY hot. Siv hummed, considering what she noticed during the touching of the eggs. Might they bury more bulnerable eggs to keep warmer to better survival? Siv tapped her chin thoughtfully, scooping up a handful of sand. It burned and felt unpleasant but her mind began to tick once more. This could be of some use in terms of her notes -- the Candidate hummed to herself as she mentally went over possibilities, studying the Sand and making mental notes. Tired and hungry were beginning to be ignored, along with her surroundings again as she began to go over her mental researtch so far. THIS COULD BE USEFUL! If the sands were warm enough to keep eggs safe and warm, especially buried, might there be ways to help eggs with this?

DATYA WAS NEEDED.

Amila and green Matoath

Matoath creeled, on the move again immediately to Nanuth, rider following her quickly as she stretched her neck once close enough to give him a loving little bonk -- far more careful than past efforts with other siblings in case of ows -- and the green's eyes whorled a deep joyous blue and green as she did.

It would be lovely, brother. Mine is just so scared of offending the others, but she will be well. I will protect her and it's how she is -- and I am so glad you have Yours. It is good so many wonderful of our siblings were they belong.

The dragonet offered Zamistia a gentle nuzzle of the hand. It was god to see her clutchbrother had found His in a good soul -- Matosth had no quarrel with her and if her rider might help -- and she might help her, then there was nothing ill to be said, the green creeling to her rider immediately.

Amila mine, do not look so afraid. This is my brother Nanuth, and His. We are welcome here and it is a nice area beside.

If you are sure beloved, then I believe you... But really, please stay still so I can finish, my love, I don't want you to dry and hurt.

Cracking skin was MOST painful, and Amila was soon over, shyly waving to Zamistia, and then Nanuth before kneeling a bit to resume applying oil to Matoath's skin, accenting her worry for her beloved green by applying oils to a particularly dry seeming spot, the dragonet immediately worling lue from joy at the gesture.

"Uhm... Hi." Amila finally remembered to say, a small little smile on her face as she worked.

"My name is Amila, and this is Matoath. It's very nice to meet you." She peered up shyly, smiling a bit as her dragonet offered a wing -- at least she seemed half completed, even with a fidgety, eager dragonet.

Dea and #Teddy#

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:48 am
Startled by the suddenness of having his hands pulled from his chest where he'd been pushing, Riz turned his one dull eye towards Nimueh as she kissed his hands but didn't fight as he was pulled against her. How could he fight against it? Between Nanuth sending him images of everything still happening out on the sands and Nim telling him her past, a past he suddenly realized that he'd callously never asked about, the redhead shivered violently in her arms.

He was selfish, who was he to have dreams on a Pern decimated by Thread? Dreams weren't for those who's darkest hours were made for nightmares.

Despite her words the last bit of hope left him slowly and Rizdax closed his eyes, relaxing into Nimueh's hug as tears rolled down the un-bandaged side of his face. Maybe next time, she was right about one thing, there were always chances and next time his face wouldn't be covered in blood.

Sinders Path

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:02 pm
Ra’mi of Blue Zidoleth | He/Him | HR

Smiling at the murmured thanks, Ra’mi shook his head. “Tizzy, no need to thank me. You needed help and I wasn’t about to stand there and do nothing.” He paused curiously when he noticed her eyes scanning around them. Zidoleth picked up on this and was craning his around to look too. The teen frowned deeply and anxiously wrung his hands together when his injured friend burst into tears. “Tizzy...”

The concern flowing from his rider had the dark blue pacing around and behind His, peeking between His and the sobbing girl. ’RahmiMine, what’s wrong?’

Lowering his voice to just above a whisper, he gently squeezed Tizenia’s elbow, an uninjured an area as he could find. “She’s hurting, Zidoleth. In more ways than one. Probably really scared too. Sometimes crying is the best and easiest way to express what you’re feeling when there’s more than what just words can say.”

Zidoleth pondered this briefly before perking up at Takuth and M’deck’s approach. ’Mine, my cousin and His approach! Hello!’

The healer that came out to get Tizzy, he had impressed! Ra’mi nodded a greeting to M’deck and sighed with a degree of relief that the healer, now fellow weyrling was helping to try to talk to his friend. She was so very upset and, while Ra’mi would normally have been happy to sit and try to soothe her, the now shared hunger was making him fidgety.

’I need to eat, Mine. Here! I will try to make it better so we can go soon, yes?’ Without waiting for any response from Ra’mi, Zidoleth gently head bunted his rider’s leg before moving to sit at the head of the cot the girl was laying upon.

“What are y-,” Was all Ra’mi was able to get out before his sweet, well meaning blue rested up to be sitting just on his haunches and placed his front feet on the edge of the cot, just above Tizzy’s head.

Zidoleth sniffed briefly at her hair before peppering Tizenia’s face with gentle nose boops and licked kisses. ’Kisses will make it better, Mine! She tastes kinda salty.’

Ra’mi buried his face in his hands to both hide his mild embarrassment and stifle the little laugh that threatened to erupt from him. ’The sands are really warm and she’s crying. It isn’t Tizzy that’s salty, it’s her sweat and tears.’ Absently moving his free hand to his empty, rumbling stomach, he offered his friend a sheepish smile. “Tizzy, I bet your sister will catch up with you at the feast. I bet it’ll be a high priority for her too. She’ll catch up with you, can introduce you officially to her dragon, and maybe you can have some breakfast together. Maddeck, er...,” He didn’t know what the healer would be going by now. “We can’t stay here for much longer. These little guys needs to eat and I worry if we linger over here for too long, we’ll get fussed at for not getting over to the feeding and oiling stations, for not getting them taken care of. Tizzy, please, everything will be okay. Think you can hang in there for a bit longer? If you can get an answer out between kisses.”

Thaliawen

Melomar
For reference and Zidoleth saying hello!

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:24 pm
Grey and Green Canicheth

Canicheth gave a soft little sound to her tiny cousin, turning to nuzzle her. Of course, Cousin Alegriath! Though my Grey is the best of the best! Adoration shone in the green's eyes as she looked up at Hers, then again to her cousin with some amusement.

Grey, for her part, was amused as well. Dearest little Canicheth, who knew everything she did thanks to Impression, had not revealed in casual conversation with her cousin the woman's real name. It was such a respectful action, and it only increased how much she adored her little dragon.

medigel

Tarnaria

Watching the two bronzes, Tarnaria gave a little hum at that. "He seems so much weaker than his brother... But his strength may be elsewhere." She then smiled, just a bit. "When I first came here, one of the brown riders, the... The twins. The lady, of the two. With the red hair? She told me a story, about a Bronze rider who'd Impressed, so long ago, at Benden. He'd been one of the smallest Candidates of their time, and he almost missed the Hatching.. And then one of the biggest Bronzes Impressed to him and they became one of the best Weyrleadership pairs of their generation." She pointed to the little bronze, "So I have high hope for him to be something great and wonderful! If his brother will just let him." She then winced a little, shifting her weight from her injured leg again.

~Kiana_Nala~

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:31 pm
S'mol and Bronze Valseth.

Valseth had been the second to hatch but the first to impress by some margin so naturally he had gorged himself on some choice cuts, burped and fell asleep across the lap of his helpless rider. He was a baby after all and packing his first day on earth with eating and sleeping was his prerogative. Unfortunately it also left S'mol in a rather precarious position. Of course he was completely besotted with his new bonded and he dare not move for risk of waking or disturbing the sleeping dragon, despite the fact that even as a new hatchling the bronze dragon was a considerable lump and the poor man's legs were already going numb.

Luckily for the big man, as the feeding area filled with more and more dragon and weyrling pairs Valseth stirred even he could not sleep through the rising levels of noise. He rumbled, half awake, twisted, fell back into his dreams and then out again as the world of conscious thought dragged him back to the world. At last his multi faceted eyes opened. Blinking owlishly he sat up, stretched cat like across S'mol and looked around at his fellows.

I must have been sleeping a while, most of my siblings and cousins seem to be here now.
The bronze rumbled happily.

I dunno, hearing the others talk, still plenty of eggs and un-bonded dragons on the sands.
S'mol reported rubbing some feeling back into his legs as he climbed awkwardly to his feet. At his full height it was clear the teen was making a push for the 7ft mark, not only that he had the burly well muscled frame of a stereotypical miner with only a little bit of gut out front.

We'll just have to greet the ones already here then.
Valseth reasoned happily before stepping forth into the gathering crowd. His family. He pushed his mental voice out to all of them.

Greetings, brothers, sisters, cousins! I dreamed about you all, and now you are all here. Feels like I know you already. Pern could not hope for a better band of saviors.

S'mol followed behind Valseth grinning with pride. He avoided being too forward with his own greeting, quite aware that his appearance often made people shrink away from him, so why not let Valseth break the ice?

Quote:
Anyone and everyone at the feeding station is welcome to say hi!

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

Teiha

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:56 pm
K’rou and bronze Cadereth

Of course he is perfect, Taoloth, the bronze replied. As is yours, no doubt.

Cadereth snaked his neck to take another chunk of flesh from his rider’s hand. His sharp fangs flashed, but oh, so precisely. K’rou felt the dragonet’s teeth brush delicately along his palm, almost like a caress, without drawing blood. The warm sensation in his mind told the youth that Cadereth had meant it as such. It did little to soothe his desire to embrace the bronze, to gather him up in his arms as he’d seen so many of the other weyrlings do. But he held back, glancing down toward either end of the table. There were many faces here that he didn’t care to show any vulnerability to. Faces he had no interest in. Even some of Cadereth’s favored siblings had chosen riders that he hadn’t even noticed during his short time at High Reaches. There were a few who carried themselves in such a way that he suspected them of noble birth, but in this mix, there was no knowing.

Nobility is a matter of birth here, too. K’rou unconsciously nodded to the voice in his head. Not by blood, but by color. Fate had been with man and dragon both, it seemed.

As he mulled over this, he found himself turning back toward the entrance to the sands, mind’s eye wandering to the spot where a certain young shopkeep still sat…

BastetAmun

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:03 pm
Rylyrr wished he could reach out but his hands were beyond his wrist in a bucket of chopped meat and he had blood and other bits under his nails. He went to feed Andelath and paused watching the little brown offer a piece to Samodith, was it? A lovely name.

"That is a lovely name, and she is absolutely perfect. I wish we could have seen you impress," he said softly, pulling out one of the bite side chucks. "I think they have coaches or some sort of cot set up a bit away... if you want to nap?" Sleep sounded like a good thing after this. Just relax with Akaris at his side and Andelath and Samodith with them.

Andelath beamed brightly. 'Ahh, ooh dear. I hope they weren't too much of a bother,' He replied, concerned that his siblings or his cousins had gave a bad impression on the lovely green.

Meepfur

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:05 pm
Jemaselle

Ooh, another little white had impressed. Jemi watched them on the sands, well, she wished she knew them a bit better. They were going to have to fight, work harder then anyone else to show themselves capable. Hopefully they had support, had friends and others to lean against when others were awful.

Hehe, and a plan other then to punch there problem in the face. Though it usually worked for her.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:06 pm
S'kagi and Green Rosmeth

It was to some degree the bubbly, outgoing green that led the way, following her nose and the voices of her siblings and cousins toward the Hatching Tables, eager to have a nice long drink of water and maybe some of those lovely tidbits she knew people were enjoying.

She bounced, she giggled, she chattered... it was a stream of something effervescent and bright rushing through his thoughts, and he had no idea how she had the energy she did, compared to how he felt, enjoying the feeling of his feet no longer protesting the baking heat through his light sandals.

There was still blood on his robes too, and probably sweat, and he was, by Faranth, looking forward to never putting on that white garment again.

<It seems like there must have been quite a bit of excitement before I found you, you'll have to tell me all about it, every bit, but first drink! And Food! All the good things! I found you and now there will be the other good things! And we'll talk to my cousins and siblings and you'll see they're all just lovely once you get them to talk. Talking really does help, everyone needs to talk sometimes, when they're not having a nice drink. A nice drink sounds so lovely don't you think?>

"It..." He paused and then tried to answer her back the same way she spoke, though he almost couldn't believe yet that this was still real, that it hadn't all gone up like a washing bubble, briefly rainbow and then gone. <Yes a drink would be very nice. And a change, but you first.>

And that was the way it was now, it was her first because she'd put him first, him over literally any other choice on the sands.

<Well of course I did! You need me and I need you and we fit perfectly together and everything's fine.> And then just as cheerfully to the bronze and others she bounded toward. <HELLO! We're here! Sorry for the wait, but we're here now!>

Sinders Path
-here- have some company

Quote:
Open for interactions, if anyone is being particularly shy they're probably going to draw Rosmeth's interest <3

Ryuthulhu

Golden Knight

15,750 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Mystical Adversary 25

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:15 pm
Fahn

The sight of Expecto Patronum going to battle....'battle'....with Kronoseth reminded Fahn of many times she - or her mother, or an older cousin, or even her own father - had sunk under the weight of one of the kids, shouting their play curses to the sky as she allowed herself to be vanquished in the name of their imagination.

Go, little guy, go! You can be whatever you want to be - at any time at all!

Of course, she was hoping that it would be a little bit nicer than what had happened earlier. Those were not results she wanted to revisit anytime soon. But there were still plenty of other baby dragons on the sands - a green running this way, a white off in that direction. She offered a supportive thought after each one that came by. It would have been a good day if it was all framed in this light.

-----

Juhvek

It felt like every time he blinked, three more baby dragons sprung from the earth. But it stirred at him, the reality of it all. Being excited was difficult when they were just an idea, not a fully formed baby on four legs running around and saying hello and sneaking up on this or that candidate.

He wouldn't mind waiting if they all played out like this. To be up close and personal in all of the fun.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:17 pm
S'lys and Brown Leoniath

Away from the main commotion, the young dragonrider was able to relax a bit. He had managed to get away mostly unscathed, having stayed near the edge of the candidates, but he was a bit shook up. He hadn't expected to stand on the Sands so soon after being picked, let alone for another Weyr but here he was. S'lys hadn't a moment to think about how he was uprooting himself again. All that mattered was Dear Leoniath.

S'lys hovered over Leoniath as he hurriedly ate his share of the food. He knew that dragonets needed to eat but not gorge themselves. When the young Brown had eased on his eating, His pulled him away and began to gently clean his face. You don't have to fret so much! Leoniath laughed as S'lys huffed softly. The dragonet's eyes swirled blue and purple before closing as he leaned into his beloved's hands.

The two spent a moment, S'lys fretting and Leoniath letting himself be pampered before Leoniath decided to answer the calls of the green and the bronze. He spread his wings out wide for a second before calling back to them. Siblings! Cousins! I am here now! S'lys shrunk back a bit as his more outgoing Beloved called to the others. He rubbed his scarred face and Leoniath totally ignored his Mine's apprehension. I finally found Mine! Isn't he wonderful!

"Please.. Leoniath..."

Sinders Path
A friend!

Ryuthulhu
Also for you!

zombeikid

Feline Lunatic

2,050 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Unleash the Beast 100

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:22 pm
Shar watched as more eggs shook and hatched, the babies within Impressing almost instantly. It was nice to see them having little difficulty, but she did wonder about the eggs that hadn’t moved at all yet that had been there since the start. We’re they duds? Or just very sleepy dragons?

She felt her knee give slightly as she grit her teeth. Even though she had stemmed the worst of the blood, she was still in pain and the deep wound on her shin oozed slowly. Much more of this and she’d have to join Rizdax and the other injured over in the healer’s area. For now, though, she remained still, a sentinel beside Nala. She’d stay with the girl as long as she could, until she Impressed, was taken by a healer, or Nala’s dragon came to find her.  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games