Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms
The Hogwarts Express Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:22 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ________
RODRICK.ROSS _____
Unsorted, First Year ____
════════════════════
__

"Oh, right, 'course! Sorry!" Rodrick didn't know why he was apologizing, it was something of a bad habit. Xavier waved it off, then offered the rather brilliant idea of a crash course session. ”Yeah! Alrigh! Okay so like, Hogwarts has four different houses that you can be sorted into, that house becomes like your new family, basically. A hat sorts us by our personality. So there's Slytherin, for the ambitious and cunning. Hufflepuff for the fair and hardworking. Ravenclaw for the wise and learning. And Gryffindor for the brave and daring.

“Then there's like house points, and all this other stuff, but you'll catch on to that soon enough. The main thing tonight is the sorting. They'll parade us in front of the whole school and put a hat on our heads—I hope you don't mind crowds.”
He warned his new friend. Sitting on that stool would be a lot to take in for someone who had no idea what was going on. Rodrick didn't want to scare him though, so he quickly added, ”But it's not that bad, I swear! You don't even have to say anything and then after we're all done they make this huge feast appear on the tables—that's another thing though, you'll be sitting with your house. So if we're in different houses, we won't be able to sit at the same table tonight. Only for tonight though, 'cos it's a ceremony, no one usually cares otherwise. So what about you? Which of the houses do you think you'll be in?”

╔═════════════════════════╗
【WHEN:: Fall 2043
【WHERE:: Hogwarts Train
【WITH WHO:: Xavier
╚═════════════════════════╝

Kungfudemoness

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:30 pm
User Image
User Image
JONAH CASTOR LANE
Half-BloodRavenclawSecond YearTwelve Years OldThe Daily DragonReserve Beater

» Fall 2043 » Hogwarts Express » With: Vespera, Sonora, August
» Status: 'Should probably take up a sport that's not flying on a broom one of these days.'

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

The kids had barely made it onto the bus in time. Jonah released his death grip on Vespera’s abdomen, setting the girl down as he plopped down in the window seat of their compartment. “Merlin, I didn’t expect you to be so heavy!” He teased.

The minutes after the last call were a bit of a blur. He recalled properly meeting August, Rhea introducing herself to the two of them with boundless energy and unusually flushed cheeks(he would certainly be questioning that in a letter later, if she didn't beat him to it first), and racing Sonora to the train. Vespera’s legs were too short to keep up, so being a solid foot taller than the girl, Jonah thought it would be helpful to just grab her and go, laughing the whole time through her shouts and complaints. It served her right! She certainly wasn’t that heavy, either, but Jonah wasn’t quite the athletic type and carrying a whole body while running was enough to wear him out. Maybe there would be time to nap sometime today, once everyone had calmed from their reunion highs… Who cared about setting a decent sleep schedule, anyway?

═════════════════════════════════════════════

OOC:
Addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Hm, a curious mind, an adventurous spirit!
Oh, you could do so well in so many places, my boy
Legacy or not, I see you going far
But, let's see then... I think, for you, it'll be

Ravenclaw!

Trickblues

addaellis

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:50 pm
AUGUST LIxxx ||xxx♪♫ SONORA LI

unsorted first yearxx||xxsecond year Ravenclaw

future studentxx||xxMusic Club, Reserve Keeper

setting Hogwarts Express, Fall 2043
with Vespera, Jonah, and mysterious bags.

Sonora ran across the apartment and flung the window open to wave goodbye to their mothers then collapsed back on the chair in giggles.

August on the other hand, took a much more composed seat next to her, steadying his breath a little after that...thrilling break for the train. They should've left when he mentioned it earlier. He nearly tripped getting up those steps and rubbed his left ankle a little, still trying to make sense of all the introductions. "Did I hear that correctly? Your sister said she was a mermaid princess?

August's status I’ve never heard anything so ridiculous...no offense to her highness.
Sonora's status Last minute catching the train! The adventures begin!

Stefan Lee Salvatore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:30 pm
User Image
User Image
JONAH CASTOR LANE

» Fall 2043 » Hogwarts Express » With: Vespera, August, Sonora, Mysterious Bags
» Status: Fond Brother

Jonah tapped at Sonora’s leg with his foot in a playful kick to get her attention, smiling brightly. “So! You mentioned letters, do you have them right now? I took some photographs over the summer I meant to send you, but…” He was a bit sheepish. It wasn’t that he didn’t want to talk to her, that wasn’t it at all! His siblings were just wild and distracting, and he wanted to get a decent amount before he sent them with Circe, but by the time he did… It was a week before classes. “Well, anyway, I have them in my bag if you feel like trading?"

The Ravenclaw turned his attention to August when he spoke, noticing the extra bags sitting mysteriously nearby. ‘Did he have those when we got on…? I should have offered to help...’ He shook his head, shrugging at the mention of his sister. “Ah, yeah, that’s kind of… Her thing, I guess? My dad was really big on getting her into mermaids when she was a baby and it just stuck with her,” He grinned, “She always says she’s going to be ‘The Prima Ballerina Mermaid Princess of the North Sea’. A bit odd, I know. Rhea’s a bit quirky like that, but she’s sweet, really. You'd probably like her!”
He knew that may be a bit presumptuous, having just met the boy, but he'd truly never known a soul that Rhea couldn't get along with--well, except that Todd Simmons kid in her class...

OOC:
Addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Hm, a curious mind, an adventurous spirit!
Oh, you could do so well in so many places, my boy
Legacy or not, I see you going far
But, let's see then... I think, for you, it'll be

Ravenclaw!

Trickblues

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:05 pm
User Image

Manage me, I'm a mess
                                          Turn a page, I'm a book half unread
                                          I wanna be laughed at, laughed with, just because
                                          I wanna feel weightless and that should be enough

Xavier listened to Roderick explain the houses. "Hmmm I'm always up for adventure so maybe! Gryffindor was it? They like sports teams?" Xavier replied. He listened to the explanation of sorting, so they wore a hat? "We don't got to fight dragon or something epic?" He joked. A irritated trill came from the carrier he had with. "Oh sorry Muffin!" Xavier exclaimed reaching up above to grab the puff's carrier. "You can pet her she likes pets." Xavier pulled out the yellow custard colored pygmy puff and petted her.

Maybe it's not my weekend but it's gonna be my year
                                                                          And I'm so sick of watching while the minutes pass as I go nowhere
                                                                          And this is my reaction to everything I fear
                                                                          'Cause I've been going crazy.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:27 pm

with Vespera, Jonah, and mysterious bags.

Sonora beamed when Jonah caught her attention and reached directly for her sidebag, producing a small sheaf of envelopes sealed by little bird stickers. She sorted quickly through the pile and found the few for Jonah and Vespera. "Trade! Of course! We'll definitely both send them next summer." She was a little embarrassed she hadn't actually sent them but it seemed like there was nothing to worry about. She was definitely going to just show up sometime over the next break.

The Prima Ballerina Mermaid Princess of the North Sea. August mused. He wasn't sure he'd ever heard anything like that before. Huh. Kids. "Oh you're both writers-- and photographers for the Daily Dragon, aren't you? I met Mr.--I mean, Ferdie at the Diagon Alley. Is everyone so friendly?"

letters

To both-- A lot of stuff about just what's going on. Spends an entire letter describing a potioneer shop now that they actually know what potions is like.
Stories about the birds. Excited one saying her cousin from Taiwan is joining them at Hogwarts and this is so exciting and she can't wait for them to all meet.

Additionally To Jonah-- Books she's been reading over the summer (without spoilers) and thoughts on them. Also a few sketches of places he took photos of that she had access to.

Additionally To Vespera -- A letter discussing Fallomeles, because upon seeing it, Sona was immediately absolutely convinced that Ves would want to turn things into badgers. Or like...throw something across the room and transform it into a badger mid-flight. Trick badgers!

My mum demonstrated the spell for me and it was quite interesting. Unfortunately badgers were banned from my house this month after the coffee table nearly ate Charlie Ace. I think Granda taught him to say “Badder wanna cracker”, and we have discovered that badgers indeed do not want crackers and prefer eating birds. Hopefully your future badgers are more polite.

Stefan Lee Salvatore

addaellis

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:44 pm
Trickblues
Addaellis

Stefan Lee Salvatore

User Image

Once I rose above the noise and confusion
                                                              Just to get a glimpse beyond the illusion
                                                              I was soaring ever higher, but I flew too high
                                                              Though my eyes could see I still was a blind man
                                                              Though my mind could think I still was a mad man

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vinny had ran a bit late and was now looking for a place to sit. He was soon to give up when he heard familiar voices. Jonah he caught right away but also Sonora and Vesprea. "Hey its Vinny got room?" He asked knocking as he didnt want to barge in. He was told to come on in. Now he was use to ducking a bit to make sure he had clearance. But he was happy to see friends so he didn't thing an hit the top of his head. It hurt a bit but nothing bad mostly his dignity. "Well now that I knocked sense into me, how are you guys?" Vinny asked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Masquerading as a man with a reason
                                                                            My charade is the event of the season
                                                                            And if I claim to be a wise man
                                                                            It surely means that I don't know
                                                                            On a stormy sea of moving emotion
                                                                            Tossed about I'm like a ship on the ocean

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:23 pm
Vespera glared as Jonah carried her onto the train, "You're calling me fat! You Jerk! I'm going to tell Orion about this!" Vespsera pulled out her notebook and started writing a note to him.

Note in the Book
Orion,

Your brother just picked me up and CARRIED me on to the train. He then proceeded to call me fat? Please do what you will with this. He's also sharing a train compartment with 3 boys and 3 girls. Please. Take this. Torture him. Make him pay.

-Vespera

"Can I borrow your flying thing Sona?" She smiled sweetly, hoping Sona would agree, while ripping out the page she had written the note on. That was when Vinny hit his head when he came inside. She smiled at him, she hadn't spent much time with the Slytherin giant since the previous summer, but he was still as friendly as ever. "Go ahead and join us! Are those your bags? She pointed to the bags that they had found when they claimed the compartment,.

"Well, I go to the loo and I'm welcomed by my compartment being full. That's lovely." Aldrick made his appearance back to the compartment, seeing the compartment almost full. "I mean, it's fine, I guess. Can't get a quiet moment anywhere." Aldrick didn't necessarily care that they were in his compartment, he had been wanting to make friends. He looked at Jonah, "I saw you earlier, with that little girl. Rhea. My sister, Brook, has been going on about her non stop since they met!" Aldrick shook his head, it was impossible to make the girl stop talking.

╔══════════════╗
Where: Train
With Whom: Students

OOC: Forgive the lack of pictures, need to format it still
╚══════════════╝

Kungfudemoness

addaellis

Trickblues

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Trickblues

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:15 pm
User ImageUser Image

Elizabeth Kaye Spektor + JONAH CASTOR LANE

Pureblood | Unsorted First Year | Eleven Years Old

» Fall 2043 » Hogwarts Express » With: Vinny, Ves, Sona, August, Aldrick
» Lizzie's Status:
Proceeding with confidence » Jonah's Status: 'The more the merrier!'

Jonah hummed, regarding Vespera innocently, “I’m sorry if you think I called you fat, but telling my brother on me won’t do much ‘til Christmas Break." He was sure he would be in for some merciless teasing in the next few months, but he was too happy right now to care. Jonah took the letters from Sonora gratefully, trading with her the small stack of charmed polaroids he had tied together with a blue ribbon. It wasn’t a ton, a stack of 30 or so, pictures of different birds and flowers and pretty scenery around Rye and Rye Harbor. Little messages and drawings were drawn on the backs in sharpies. “It’s not a lot, just um… Some things that reminded me of you... And places we have to go when you come to visit! Next break for sure, right?”

The Ravenclaw looked up when Vinny hit his head, worried for the guy but grinning once he appeared to shrug it off. “Hey, Vinny! Come on in—“ Shortly behind him was a smaller boy who looked a tad miffed... Oh. He glanced over to the bags, and suddenly it occurred to him that yeah, those had been there when he carried Ves in like a rag doll. “Oh, that’s my fault, sorry, I wasn’t paying much attention.” The blonde boy mentioned knowing Rhea and another familiar name, and he reached out his hand to shake it politely. “Right! Brook, yeah, so you’re her brother? Rhea hasn’t stopped talking about her much either. I’m Jonah, nice to meet you! You’re just starting this year, right?”

Elizabeth had just stepped out of the rest room, fresh in her school robes when she spied two boys enter a compartment that seemed to be causing a bit of commotion. She slung her floral, paint-splattered backpack over her shoulder as she regarded them curiously. ‘What a tall lad… Sounds like an entertaining bunch.’

When she had parted ways from her Gram at the platform, she had insisted that Lizzie try and make herself some good friends this year. She knew the woman was worried about her since everything with her dad and Grandad the past couple years, so she was keen on playing nice if it meant some relief for her grandmother. A deep inhale in preparation. ‘Okay, Liz, you can do this. You’re a people person! Just go and show 'em what you’re made of.’

The door to the compartment flew open again just as quick as Vinny and Aldrick had shut it behind them. “G’day, Ladies and Gents!” She chimed, “The name’s Elizabeth Spektor, and it looks like I’ll be your compartment buddy this morning. Congratulations.”

Jonah arched an eyebrow at the girl’s entrance and smirked in amusement. Another first year? What an odd one.’ “Jonah, nice to meet you. Have a seat, Elizabeth!” He gestured towards one of the last empty seats, to which Lizzie happily oblidged and sat beside Aldrick. “Thank you! Call me Lizzie.”

OOC:
Addaellis

Kungfudemoness

Stefan Lee Salvatore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:34 pm

with Vespera, Jonah, Vinny, Aldrick, Lizzie

"Flying thing?" Sonora had barely started untying the ribbon when Vespera asked about-- "Oh! Skyfire!" She lifted her arm up to the upper rail where her small hawk had been perched, watching with wide eyes since they made it onto the train. "Of course. Careful though, the talons are sharp."

The compartment door opened with a bonk to reveal another friend--"Vinny! How was summer? And how's your head?"

Oh people. August noted, promptly giving up any hopes he had of taking a nap on the ride. Well I guess I have to start meeting acquaintances somewhere. Lane, Salazar. This tall fellow--'Vinny'? The kid whose compartment they'd commandeered, aannd, Spektor apparently. He moved over to make room for anyone else on this side and leaned forward to join the conversation that seemed to be starting with Lane the other apparent first years.

Stefan Lee Salvatore

Kungfudemoness

addaellis

Trickblues

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:26 am
User Image
User Image
Make my way through the motions, I try to ignore it
But home's looking farther the closer I get
Don't know why I can't see the end, is it over yet?
A short leash and a short fuse don't match
They tell me it ain't that bad
Now don't you overreact
So I just hold my breath, don't know why
I can't see the sun when young should be fun (fun)

JONAH CASTOR LANE
Half-BloodRavenclawThird Year BeaterThirteen Years OldThe Daily Dragon

» Fall 2044 » Hogwarts Express » With: No One (Yet?)
» Wearing: Uniform sweater, tie, and pants. Robe still packed. » Status: Contemplative

Jonah sat in the window seat of his lone compartment, staring idly out the window as the students boarded the train for school. He’d gotten to the platform early in the morning with his mother and sister and had insisted on going ahead without them. Even though he'd had a week to spend with his friends, the majority of Jonah's Summer had been a struggle with the divorce. The first half of vacation was spent packing and ignoring the explanations of his parents. At first he’d thought that his father was the one to leave his mother, but after fter he’d heard they were moving to Grandfather’s house in Godric’s Hollow, a house she’d been keeping behind his dad’s back, Jonah had come to the conclusion his mother was to blame for the whole mess and the two had been arguing constantly ever since.

Although really, it was more his Mum begging him to listen to her explanation and Jonah completely shutting her out.

It’s not that he meant to be so cold towards her. He loved his Mum! He was just having a hard time coping with all the sudden changes in his life. Truthfully Jonah blamed himself for the entire divorce, and all of his negative feelings towards his current living situation had manifested in outbursts against his parents--primarily Delia, since she was actually there. When he boarded the train, he’d given his Mum a kiss on the cheek and Rhea a hug and left it at that. Right now, he needed the time alone to really process things.

Students filed through the train, loudly conversing as they headed towards their own compartments. Briefly he wondered if any of his friends would find him. ‘Probably should have mentioned something to Sona…’ He shook his head and turned his attention to the novel in his lap. ‘Oh, well. Worst comes to worst, I catch up at the carriages.’

OOC:
Open for Interaction!
Username

And I guess the bad can get better
Gotta be wrong before it's right
Every happy phrase engraved in my mind
And I've always been a go-getter
There's truth in every word I write
But still the growing pains, growing pains
They're keeping me up at night

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:05 pm
Eagle eye, feather light
Razor sharp just like a knife
Systematic, post traumatic
Girl is on the fly

User Image
DANIEL
JAMES
SHEPARD

seventh year │ halfblood │ gryffindor

DJ surmised that she wasn't really thrilled with his summary just from the look on her face. "Um, I didn't have the next volumes because I was reading it in the store," he shrugged. "I could have come back later and tried to see if they got the rest of the series in yet, but I kind of forgot about it." She was probably wondering 'than why mention it all' but he'd just said it on impulse in the first place. He wasn't trying to string her along or anything. Luckily she didn't seem that annoyed and went on to introduce herself.

"I'm DJ," he said amiably. "Nice to meet you." She asked if he read a lot of manga, and he looked vaguely abashed. "Well, I watched a lot of anime when I was little. Sunday morning stuff. And cartoons in general. I just watched a lot of TV," he shrugged. "My parents didn't really care. And then I started reading manga sometimes when I was a bit older, mostly pirated online," he grinned sheepishly. "But now I live with my brother and his internet connection is pretty much nonexistent, so... he doesn't really get it. He says I should read some real books," DJ snickered. Lea was basically a crotchety old man trapped in a teenage boy's body. Literally. "I guess he thinks it's kind of immature. But I'm pretty immature."

He was distracted by the last call for boarding, and jumped to his feet, brushing crumbs off his ripped jeans. "D'you wanna get a compartment, or what?" Not really waiting to hear an extended answer, he started for the train, although not so fast that it seemed like he was completely ditching her. She seemed nice enough, if a little... awkward? Antisocial? Either or? Not like he could judge, given his own... limited emotional range.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

Breathe in let it out
Taste your heart and spit it out
Face down in the dirt
Fall in love she'll make it hurt

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:40 pm
User Image
❃Vespera❃Salazar❃
User ImageSecond Year SlytherinUser Image

▬▬"An early morning walk is a blessing for the whole day." ▬▬

Vespera left the boys and Sona and went to the train, to find Jonah. She had a bone to pick with him. After all the grief he had given her about her dislike of her mother, he had spent the summer not listening to his mother and being angry with her. At least according to Rion's letters. Sure the divorce was hard, btu that was no reason to not like your mum. She had at least came to that conclusion over the years, even though her mum hadn't told her the truth, and was a muggleborn, she was still her mom. They did have a few fond memories. If only she hadn't hid Vespera's heritage. She poked her head in different compartments, then found the Ravenclaw boy sulking. She paused a moment, admiring him for all of his adorable cuteness, but she was on a mission.

"Jonah Lane. You're such a hypocrite! You annoy me about how I treated my mother, and then you go and decide you hate her! But let's face it, now you're on my side, right? You see where I was coming from before for the dislike of my mum." She smiled at him, hoping her ploy worked. She figured Jonah would never say he hated his mom, but he was treating his mom like he did hate her. He needed to sit and listen to his mom and if tricking him was the only way, then so be it.

▬▬ "Even if that walk happens at three in the morning with your best friends." ▬▬

Where: Hogwarts Express
With Whom: Jonah
Thinking about: This boy and his mom. But he is kinda cute. wink
Vespera Description: Short 4'5", blond hair, green eyes and obvious loss of tan from previous years.
Wearing: Green Dress, Black jacket, and heels

trickblues

_____

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:09 pm
User Image
User Image
Make my way through the motions, I try to ignore it
But home's looking farther the closer I get
Don't know why I can't see the end, is it over yet?
A short leash and a short fuse don't match
They tell me it ain't that bad
Now don't you overreact
So I just hold my breath, don't know why
I can't see the sun when young should be fun (fun)

JONAH CASTOR LANE
Half-BloodRavenclawThird Year BeaterThirteen Years OldThe Daily Dragon

» Fall 2044 » Hogwarts Express » With: Vespera
» Wearing: Uniform sweater, tie, and pants. Robe still packed. » Status: [x]

The train had been so peaceful up until his compartment door shoved open and suddenly he was being chewed out by Vespera Salazar. Jonah groaned, sinking down in his seat as he hid his face with his copy of Oliver Twist. He wasn’t in the mood for this. ‘Is there no such thing as family loyalty?’ “For Merlin’s sake, does Rion tell you everything? It’s none of your business!”

He peaked out from behind his book to see that plotting smile of hers and huffed, knowing exactly where she was going with her nag-fest and that he was walking right into her sneaky little trap. Well, not today! "Yeah, you sure were right, Vespera! I should have never doubted you. Mothers are awful! Whoever thought them up in the first place should be sent straight to Azkaban." Jonah rolled his eyes, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "Come on, get in here before you cause a scene."

OOC:
Open for Interaction!
Stefan Lee Salvatore

And I guess the bad can get better
Gotta be wrong before it's right
Every happy phrase engraved in my mind
And I've always been a go-getter
There's truth in every word I write
But still the growing pains, growing pains
They're keeping me up at night

Trickblues