Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
Revelio and Open Sesame! Double Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:22 pm
Niika - EGG BETTING TRACKING

Niika was drawn up into watching all of the newly hatched dragons roaming the sands - one on the bluefather's head, twins huddled up together, another white running out dashing here - dashing there, dashing everywhere. It stirred up longing, though that longing hadn't any time to settle. Had he not been involved with the Weyrlings, perhaps she would have grabbed a certain greenrider's ear and had them go anywhere else for the festivities.

Maybe she could get him away for an hour or two when all of this was over anyways.

Hatching Order (tracking first 12 for a bet):
Slytherin, Once Upon A Dream, Felix Felicis, A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes, Hufflepuff, Let It Go, Crucio, Imperio, Avada Kedavra, Sectum Sempra, Dementor, GTD Who else is out and about, HELP, I needed first 12 and I'm stopping now

faesinger
-Veltanna bets that Dynzrak will impress a male from Rhianth’s clutch. - WIN
-Niika counterbets Veltanna that Dynzrak will impress one of Fianth's male children instead. - LOSS

-Ahlalei is betting twice.
First: A gold will chose a High Reaches candidate - A SECOND GOLD HAS APPEARED, WAITING
Second: A Blue will chose someone that isn’t a candidate from either Weyr - WIN

-Niika has countered with:
First: If there is a gold, it will choose a candidate who has stood for at least 2 PC clutches (Tarot, Spooky, and Tea) - WIN
Second: There will not be more than 2 stands impressions. - So far there are 3. - LOSS

Lutz
-A'kir bets that someone is going to die at the hands of a dragon from the Harry Potter clutch, that there will be one gold dragon between the two clutches and it will hatch from the Disney Songs clutch, that both clutches will hatch an equal amount of browns, that the first egg from the Harry Potter clutch to hatch will be the Nimbus 2000 egg, and that the first egg from the Disney Songs clutch to hatch will be the How Far I'll Go egg. - LOSS, FIRST HP CLUTCH EGG WAS SLYTHERIN
-Niika makes no counter bet. She is too stunned by how specific this is. - Win

Princess_Feylin
-T'of is betting that Toren will Impress one of the first 12 eggs to hatch. - LOSS
-Niika bets Toren will impress one of the Disney Clutch. - STILL WATCHING

Teiha
-Farinalgo bets he will Impress a blue. - WIN
-Niika bets Farinalgo will impress a Disney Song Blue. - WIN

-Venin bets that a dragonet will die or go between without finding its lifemate.
-Niika bets there will be at least three Stands Impressions. - there are 3 - WIN

-Emori bets that at least two candidates will be mauled to death. - 1 Dead
-Niika bets a minimum of 7 candidates will be maimed. - A minimum of 7 NON PACH CONTRIBUTION candidates have been maimed WINNING

Meep
-Syflie bets that a gold will hatch, but won't choose a High Reaches candidate. - WIN, A SECOND GOLD HAS APPEARED, WATCHING
-Niika is betting if a gold hatches, it will be between 40-43' as it's adult size in the profile that she can't read because she doesn't know this stuff but shhhhhhhh. AKA smaller than average. - WIN, WATCHING SECOND GOLD

dawns_aura
-Lelte has bet that there will be 2 Golds, Fianth's clutch will be the more maim-y of the two, and that there will be more (PC) greens than blues overall - all in one - Losing - Rhianth's clutch has done more damage
-Niika makes no counter bet.

NovaCracker
-Amila is betting on Impressing a green.- WIN
-Niika is betting Amila will impress a green from Rhianth's clutch. - LOSS

-H'lare is betting a Bronze will Impress someone people assume UNLIKELY to Impress a bronze. OOCly that basically means something like a Stands Impressiuon ETC.
-Niika is betting swapped candidates from Western will impress more metallic dragons than High Reaches candidates do. - 4 metallic HR, 1 metallic Western - I am waiting until the end to figure this out because LMAO

-Aerone bets a dragonet will try to break a BROTHER from HIS shell - WIN (Imperio and Dementor)
-Niika is betting a female dragon will be assisted by a sibling in hatching. - WIN (Crucio and Sectum Sempra)

-(Aerone)that a white will hatch from either clutch. - Win
-Niika bets if there is a white, it impresses to a girl. - Win

ShinosBee
-Falienn is betting he doesn't survive the hatching - LOSS
-Niika is betting Falienn will impress a dragon that mauled another candidate! - Loss

Magnadearel
-Makimton bets he will impress a dragon from Rhianth's clutch - WIN
-Niika bets Makimton will impress from Fianth's clutch! - LOSS

Sweet Symmetry
-Nyaranau bets that there are two gold dragons, Impressing candidates from different Weyrs; the Auror egg will be the first egg to hatch overall, and the first egg to hatch from Fianth’s clutch will be the You Can Fly egg; the first dragon to Impress will be Brown; and Ruunan will Impress a Green from Fianth’s clutch. - LOSS, SLYTHERIN HATCHED FIRST
-Niika has no counterbet for Nyara - just that one of those things won't have to happen for her to win. - Win

-Ruunan bets that the first egg to Impress will be a bronze from Fianth’s clutch - WIN
-Niika bets first impression goes to a Green from Rhianth's clutch. - LOSS

-there are more female dragons than male dragons across both clutches, but there will be more male weyrlingpairs - Watching until the end
-We'll have more unusual lady impressions - at least 3 on a blue or a brown - 1 ladyblue, 2 lady on a brown - WIN

-and Nyaranau will Impress a Blue from Rhianth’s clutch.
-Nyara will impress a Green, rather than a Blue, from Rhianth's.

ME
-Kinyegele has bet that Someday My Prince Will Come will impress to an aged out or a long-standing candidate! - LOSS

-Niika has made no counter bet. - LOSS
****Pach cannot win an egg

Tatterpixie
-Jeri bets that she will finally Impress, from Fianth's clutch.
-Niika counters that Jeri will impress from Rhianth's clutch.

-Willim bets the first to hatch will be a bronze from Rhianth's clutch - Winning
-Niika bets the last to hatch will be a bronze from Fianth's

Akina Tokuwa
-Ryah bets that more (PC) girls will Impress overall, and that at least two of those girls will match to an unconventional color. - 16 impressions so far, 10/6 Boys/Girls, 1 girl on a blue, 2 girls on a brown - I WILL UPDATE THIS BETTER AT THE END, SOB

-Niika bets that more than half of the PC green impressions will be to boys. 5/???? Greens on boys thus far

houllow
-Fisher has bet that any golds in the clutch(es) will not Impress to a High Reaches candidate - Winning
-Niika bets that more than half of any bronzes and golds will go to Western Candidates! - Losing

-Fisher has bet brawling dragonets will result in a candidate being unable to stand any further or a dragonet going between - WIN
-Niika is betting that won't happen. - LOSS

Prism Shine
- Keris bets Phyrana will impress from Rhianth's clutch (Technically loss since Tsu can't impress again)
-Niika bets Phyrana will impress a male dragon (Technically loss since Tsu can't impress again

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:29 pm
Candidate Nalacko she/her

She didn’t know what game the blue was playing with his brown, but it looked fun. Nala noticed a little movement next to her and took a quick peek at Shar. “Are you holding in there ok? You can lean on me or I can help you to the healers if you need it.” She tried to give a reassuring smile. “I’ll be ok if you need to go see the healers.” At least, she hoped she’d be.

SilverLutz
Shar

magnadearel

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:39 pm
Shar glanced at her companion with a slight expression of surprise. But after just a moment’s thought, she shifted her weight a bit to favor her injured leg, resting her hand on Nala’s shoulder to balance herself.

“The only way I’m going over there is if they force me,” she said with a pained yet confident smile. “And I know you’d be fine on your own, you’re tougher than you think you are. Thanks,” she added, not wanting to seem ungrateful.

“magnadearel”

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:49 pm
It was like all of a sudden, You Can Fly! had another burst of energy. The little Blue went bounding through the candidates, out to boop one of the other dragonets on the sands with a bugle around his sandal prize, before running back around and making a flying leap. His body made full contact with Jeri, In her mind, the girl would hear bright, bubbling laughter as those large blue-green eyes began to whirl with the rainbow of Impression, Jerimine, your Auksarath had to play his games. Did you see how I flew! Not to mention how many people hit the sands because I tugged on them! And look at my prize for winning the game! He held up the sandal proudly, shaking it in her face. Sure, he might have hurt her on his landing, but Jeri would be okay~. Auksarath was sure of that.

User Image

tatterpixie

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:56 pm
Candidate Nalacko she/her

Nala braced her small frame in the sands to help support her new friend. It was the least she could do! Particularly since the woman continued to stand with her. She nodded with sympathy. No one wanted to risk missing their dragon. But she was starting to get worried that the wound hadn’t completely stopped bleeding. Maybe she should encourage her to go see the healers after all? But Shar had said she was going to stay.

If the woman decided she needed to see the healers then Nala promised she’d be the first one to help her over there. She flushed slightly at the compliment. “Maybe, but I like having friends around more.” The teen gave another smile, “You’re welcome. You’ll find your dragon Shar.” Her attention was grabbed by the rowdy blue as he zoomed through the sands and candidates once more to his new rider.

SilverLutz
Shar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:02 pm
Haelwen & Hyseren
As time passed and more dragonets appeared from eggs that neither twin had noticed at the touching Haelwen couldn't help but wonder if this was typical. Just how many eggs were actually in these clutches? How many dragonets had hatched so far? Was anyone counting? She had a feeling that the upcoming Weyrling classes were going to be very packed and their instructor would be getting very little downtime while this group learned the ins and outs of being thread fighting teams.

A few hatchlings on the sands drew her eye in particular and she limped a bit closer, tugging her brother with her as her crutch to get a closer look. The little gold and the twin bronzes were quite intriguing weren't they?

For his part Hyseren was trying to remember why on Earth they had agreed to come to stand as candidates. His sister had taken moderate injury, he had minor ones himself, and neither had met their partner yet. What if there wasn't a dragon for them? Would they stay in the Weyr? Would they leave? He had never really meant to become a dragonrider anyway, he'd only wanted to come and make sure Haelwen stayed out of danger (and also maybe check out the Weyrfolk and see what they had to offer as bed partners). He was about to ask Haelwen what she had in mind when suddenly he was being pulled forward and she was telling him to -look- at the small bronze.

Doing as he was told, Hyseren took in the scene with a bit more focus and he realized the smaller bronze was intimidated by his larger brother. Poor thing. Maybe Hyseren could be the strength he needed to learn to stand up for himself? He had done that for his human brother many times over and it was successful. But wait, hadn't he just been thinking he didn't want to be a dragonrider? Shards! So many mixed emotions!  

Rian-chan

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:04 pm
Fahn

As the blue came bolting into their group, Fahn nearly leaped back just in time for him to down Jeri. But the scene that played out was impossible to not recognize. Joy vibrated through her veins and she absolutely burst with joy.

"AaaaaAAAAAAAaaaAA!!! Congratulations!!"  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:15 pm
Finnisa
She'd had to step to the side and out of the way when the sandal-thief blue'd come charging past. Of course, the person he was looking for wasn't far off, and she ended up clapping, a faint smile in place, for the pair. It warmed her to see that so far the...antics...she'd been involved in hadn't done much to upset things. But still Fianth curled about the small egg. It hadn't hatched...what if it never hatched, now? What if...no, she shook off the line of thinking before it dragged her down too deep. She'd face that thought later. When there weren't other dragons around that she might scare between with more careless actions.  

ShinosBee

Nerd

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:30 pm
Vash and white Orath!

To say that she hadn't gotten a little overwhelmed by first being at a different weyr (what was this cold?!), and then the sheer amount of eggs and dragons all about, would be a sharding understatement. Vash had hung to the back the best she could, still working to process most of the shenanigans that were occurring. Sweet Faranth there were just so many hatchlings! It was wondrous and intimidating and, well, she probably looked the fool for how often her mouth would just hang open as she stared in awe. Even the clutch parents were interesting! She hadn't quite heard of a Gold that had a Blue mate, yet clutched with a Bronze, but here they were!

There were also many more metallic hatchlings then her previous times Standing. Of course, that could have just been due to the double clutch in general. But they were all so beautiful! Then there were all the adorable blues and greens. Plenty of times she caught herself smiling or laughing at some of their antics. Or gasping when teeth and claws were more prominent. But one hatchling after another began Impressing and finding their partners. It really was a magical experience to watch.

However, the most magical experience of them all was the one she was not expecting. Even being among the back of the candidates didn't stop one very determined hatchling. Vash had no warning before she was suddenly pounced upon and a startled squeak-shriek sound escaped before she heard the sound of bubbly laughter as she tipped over and her rump connected with the sand.

Got you! I win! A hundred points all to Orath!

You didn't even see me, did you? But I saw you! I'm the clear winner today, you know... because I Impressed to the very best of them all.

Vash sputtered out things that might have been words. But her eyes were locked on the most beautiful of all eyes she'd ever gazed out at. And before she could help it, she was laughing too.

"O-Orath?!" She exclaimed, hands gingerly moving to see if the small white dragonet was for real. "You... you startled me! Yes, you won."

Of course I did! I'm the best. But you're the best too. He crooned and nuzzled into his bonded. Hurry! I feel hungry and I bet I can eat WAY MORE than my siblings. Like, ten times more! Orath's little white tail lashed wildly at the thought.

Vash laughed again, stroking the smooth white hide. "Of course we can go find you something to eat, my dear. But maybe not quite that much food? You'll get too full!" Somehow, she managed to get to her feet, small white Orath in her arms. He was so little! But the most precious thing she would ever find.

The little white considered her words with intensity. That would not be good at all. He concluded. If I'm too full, I can't show everyone that I'm the winner!.

"Exactly. Now, let's get you some food first. Then we'll discuss this need for winning." She just got a snort in the face before a somewhat (not really) indignant flip of a tail was the only protest she received to carrying the white off the sands.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:40 pm
Jeri and blue Auksarath -- Impression Post
One minute Jeri was standing there bouncing and squealing with her friends over every new Impression and baby dragon making their entrance, and the next she was bowled over and laying flat on her back on the hot sand. "What th-" Blinking in surprise, she found herself staring into the blue speckled face of a dragonet, who was proudly holding a sandal in his mouth.

Jerimine, your Auksarath had to play his games. Did you see how I flew! Not to mention how many people hit the sands because I tugged on them! And look at my prize for winning the game! The voice echoed in her mind, along with a bubbly laughter not unlike her own. His eyes were whirling in all the colors of the rainbow, looking only at her. Jerimine...

"OH...MY...SHELLS..." Tears welled in her dark eyes but a huge grin crossed her lips, and she flung her arms around the blue dragonet. "You... you are beautiful! You're mine? You're really mine?"

Auksarath bubbled laughter at her again, dropping the sandal on her chest. No, you are mine! Oh the fun we will have together!

With a loud squeal, Jeri hugged her bonded as if she never intended to let him go. "After so long..." she said softly, then she squealed again. "Auksarath is mine! Fahn, Helane, I DID IT oh my shells!" She struggled to her feet, picking up the small blue and holding him (and the sandal) in her arms like a baby. "I... I have to go feed and clean him... Good luck you two are the best friends I have!!"

Which was a slight untruth. Her new best friend was Auksarath.

demon_pachabel
for Fahn!

Revel1984
for Helane!

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:45 pm

Flop. The baby inside of the Speckled Aquamarine egg had managed to knock the egg fully over. From the egg emerged a dark snout. Yet the baby could not quite free itself from the shell that had fallen on top of it. Scrabble. Squeak!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:49 pm
Kinyegele

Kinye yelped with surprise - a small, delicate, noise that almost sounded like a hiccup - when the Aquamarine egg toppled over. Her eyes were almost perfectly round as she watched its going-on with fascination. Then that little squeak tugged at her sympathetic heart.

You can do it, little friend! You're halfway there!

Maybe a little more, maybe a little less. Kinye wasn't sure what the progression of 'hatched' really was when they all came out so differently.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:55 pm
Kronoseth
The brown dragon tried to keep one eye on his other children, but his focus right now was sweet little Expecto Patronum. He considered his sons words when he was told to be some sort of fanciful being. A Prince. A Lord Holder. The dragon gave a little huff of breath and then... turned up his nose, and gave a dramatic little tail flick. Look at me, dragon. I am a perfect Holder, with perfect blood, who is better than everyone else. I am kind of a big deal. I have many leather bound books and my Hold smells of rich mahogany. The brown dragon hoped he was dong this right...

This was essentially how his rider acted sometimes, wasn't it? A little bit full of himself?

C'rian gave a snort and a mental shove. I heard that, you know.

Kronoseth was not abashed.

- - -
Neon & Teal Mystery Brown
The dragonet sat upon the sands, staring at the different Candidates. My, my, my... There were so many, he hardly knew where to begin! His clutchsiblings were essentially ignored, and he gave a flick of his tail as his eyes drifted over them. That one looked interesting and yet... Nope. No dragon would want them, snort. His eyes then drifted to another, thoughtfully contemplating. They seemed fun, clever, good-hearted...but...oh dear, all they seemed to want was a bronze. Well, that wouldn't work, now would it?

The brown gave a shake of his head, and instead stood. Slowly, he began to move through the Candidates, pausing to give each one has passed a very close look. That one belonged more in a brothel than the Hatching sands. That one likely had a blue or maybe a green in store for them. That one was certainly gold material, yes, if he did think so himself. That one...well, even he didn't know why that one was here, either.

- - -
Baby Mine Continue to wiggle. The being within its sell clearly was awake and most certainly wants out. And yet... Well. Maybe a few more wriggles and the egg might give way.

- - -
Red & White Bronze
The bronze dragon kept his wing protectively over the smaller twin...though whether there was an actual love between them remained to be seen. He bared his fangs at Remember Me Gold, but... another look at Fianth, and the bronze took a small step back. Still, he turned to stare down at his smaller brother, and glowered. This was all his fault. If he hadn't ran ahead like a fool...

Instead of baring his fangs at the gold, he instead glared down at the simpering, foolish, little bronze beneath his wing. While he made no further antagonistic action, it was clear his entire personality was domineering over his smaller clutchmate.

If they were to look at Candidates, than he would do so first. Nobody would want an ugly, tiny, stupid bronze like his eggmate. Nobody would accept him like he would.

- - -
Remember Me Gold
The dragon stared suspiciously at her clutchsiblings, slowly letting her wings fold back to her side. She didn't necessarily trust the intentions of the larger bronze, and gave a small snort. She was watching them...watching him in particular. If he tried to do anything...she wouldn't hesitate to get involved OR get their mother! This was a happy family day and already too many families had been torn apart; too many Candidates hurt; too many babies inconsiderate. This gold was not going to let the rest of the Hatching turn into bloodshed as it had earlier...

She hadn't been there to help them, to save them.... but now that she was hatched, she wouldn't let anyone step out of line.

The dragon stared hard at the older bronze.

....the bigger one seemed to bristle, even without looking at her.

The gold pressed....taking a single step forward.

The large bronze bared his fangs, but slowly, grudgingly, leaned down and gave the smaller clutchsib the most disgusted noseboop in the history of boops.

Remember Me seemed satisfied, and gave a happy chirp. There. Now that was all settled... perhaps they could get on with Impressing?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:06 pm
Fahn

Fahn was not enough of a liar to pretend she wasn't jealous, watching Jeri as she left with the lovely blue at her side. Slapping her cheeks with both of her palms, however, she quickly perked herself up. There was absolutely no need to get down when she was young and clearly, had so much more she could give than just being on the back of a dragon. She drew herself up with a satisfied smile to see how everybody else was doing.

It seemed the twins were making up (maybe?), and a brown was now scoping them all out. Fahn placed her hands on her hips to stare him down.

Bet you'll find them soon and they'll be the best, she thought boldly - but of course, was that not how they all felt?

-----

Kahbrohm

The sight of Remember Me bearing down on the larger twin to force something like affection between the pair made Kahbrohm frown. Certainly, he was sitting pretty and not ready to throw Dehka off of a weyrledge right then, but it was not because of their father stepping in. In fact, the bulkier of the two boys stared down his brother with a look of contemplation.

Of course, Orri was there too, but he wasn't part of the equation.

"She can force that all she wants, but the illusion won't change his feelings," he allowed himself to say out loud. Just like he and Dehka could sit here so close together and still have a pile of issues to go through.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:15 pm
Siv

Motion caught Siv's eye and she shifted to watch You Can Fly! Impress, one brow raising in acknowledgement. Wait, did he have a SANDLE? Where had-- Oh, nevermind. Siv let the sand go, notes mentally stowed in her mind. Admittedly she... She was probably lost now. What was going on now what was left -- was that anotyher white what. Siv blinked, watching her surroundings. Still more eghgs though -- still standing, and she blinked. Maybe she ought to write in sand for now? Yes!

BRILLIANT.

The teen lowered herself to squat on her haunches, sticking a finger in the sand, and wincing. This was HOT, right -- and it burned, but there were NOTES. Besides, she wasn't the best at wise choices. Book smart, not common sense -- and she reached, making sure to try jotting a few things in a shorthand she used at home. Writing helped strengthen her memory after all and if the writing went undisturbed by man or dragon, she could look over the words quickly before leaving.

ut writing first, at least for now.

Now what were the babies doing?:  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games