Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Shop Owner Basics and Information (Must Read) (DA) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:26 pm
Hello, my name is Nastassia "Tassy" Ellis

I would like to purchase The Lilting Lyre

How did I come to get this shop? Well... I actually used to work there when Austin Brighton owned the shop but then he and Jinhai decided to move away travel or whatever the hell they're doing and put the store up for sale. I was pretty bummed about having to find a new job when my friend Les Lovell surprised me by saying he would help me purchase it as an "investment" of some sort. Honestly I'm a bit leery about the whole thing and annoyed because he knows I hate when he uses his money on me in large quantities (nice dinner? sure I'll pick it up next time. buying me a fracken business? foot in arse.) but I'm also really excited because I actually have more space to work and craft instruments as well as take on my clients.

The things I love about this shop are I love all the instruments and I especially love getting to demonstrate on them, I love the people willing to learn how to better themselves through the musical arts, I absolutely love the smell of wooden instruments like violins and cellos and such, and I love the small down time where I can nap or craft instruments.

The things I despise about this shop are I hate when people put their sticky fingers on instruments they're not even going to buy, when they try to "test out" the woodwinds or reeds, when someone comes in acting like they're the new Celestina Warbeck of musical instruments, I hate the "random inspections" Les decides to do in his free time, and I hate the paperwork. Despise it even.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! (The Golden Lotus is currently NPC'd and as such I have no control over it or anything that happens to it)

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:40 pm
Yukina101
Hello, my name is Nastassia "Tassy" Ellis

I would like to purchase The Lilting Lyre

How did I come to get this shop? Well... I actually used to work there when Austin Brighton owned the shop but then he and Jinhai decided to move away travel or whatever the hell they're doing and put the store up for sale. I was pretty bummed about having to find a new job when my friend Les Lovell surprised me by saying he would help me purchase it as an "investment" of some sort. Honestly I'm a bit leery about the whole thing and annoyed because he knows I hate when he uses his money on me in large quantities (nice dinner? sure I'll pick it up next time. buying me a fracken business? foot in arse.) but I'm also really excited because I actually have more space to work and craft instruments as well as take on my clients.

The things I love about this shop are I love all the instruments and I especially love getting to demonstrate on them, I love the people willing to learn how to better themselves through the musical arts, I absolutely love the smell of wooden instruments like violins and cellos and such, and I love the small down time where I can nap or craft instruments.

The things I despise about this shop are I hate when people put their sticky fingers on instruments they're not even going to buy, when they try to "test out" the woodwinds or reeds, when someone comes in acting like they're the new Celestina Warbeck of musical instruments, I hate the "random inspections" Les decides to do in his free time, and I hate the paperwork. Despise it even.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! (The Golden Lotus is currently NPC'd and as such I have no control over it or anything that happens to it)

Diamond Wales

Accepted!  

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:47 pm
Hello, my name is Alexandria Quimby-Scott

I would like to work at All or Nothing Ink and Board Shop

The things I love about this shop are
- I can easily bond with the people who come in of the shop due to similar interests
- I can use my artistic talents
- I get to improve my piercing and possibly tattooing skills
- Hot skater/tattooed guys come in all the time
- Apparently I'll get free food?

The things I despise about this shop are
- It's in the heart of Diagon Alley, which means navigating through the town is going to be a pain in the arse
- I probably won't be allowed to do any tattoos anytime soon
- Some customers are terrified of needles/pain. Um, hello. It's a tattoo/piercing place. If you want one, you'll need to get over your fear
- Most customers probably won't want me to pierce them because I'm a newbie
- I'll have to actually work

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! The only person I've ever pierced is myself.

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:37 pm
Hello, my name is Seth Wynters

I would like to work at Ollivander's

The things I love about this shop are working with wands, helping people find their wands, helping Damien out since he apparently needs all the help he can get, being useful, and being able to find out just how good at wandmaking I actually am.

The things I despise about this shop are long hours during the summer, slow time during the rest of the year, way too many cases of splinters, people that insist on wands that aren't meant for them, and messes when someone takes forever finding their perfect wand.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Um, yeah, I kind of put my own shop back on the market so...

Cara MiaKitty

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:50 pm
kiska166
Hello, my name is Alexandria Quimby-Scott

- I can easily bond with the people who come in of the shop due to similar interests
- I can use my artistic talents
- I get to improve my piercing and possibly tattooing skills
- Hot skater/tattooed guys come in all the time
- Apparently I'll get free food?

- It's in the heart of Diagon Alley, which means navigating through the town is going to be a pain in the arse
- I probably won't be allowed to do any tattoos anytime soon
- Some customers are terrified of needles/pain. Um, hello. It's a tattoo/piercing place. If you want one, you'll need to get over your fear
- Most customers probably won't want me to pierce them because I'm a newbie
- I'll have to actually work

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! The only person I've ever pierced is myself.

Cara MiaKitty

Accepted!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:56 pm
Diamond Wales
Hello, my name is Seth Wynters

I would like to work at Ollivander's

The things I love about this shop are working with wands, helping people find their wands, helping Damien out since he apparently needs all the help he can get, being useful, and being able to find out just how good at wandmaking I actually am.

The things I despise about this shop are long hours during the summer, slow time during the rest of the year, way too many cases of splinters, people that insist on wands that aren't meant for them, and messes when someone takes forever finding their perfect wand.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Um, yeah, I kind of put my own shop back on the market so...

Cara MiaKitty

Accepted!  

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:48 pm
Hello, my name is Alice Lancaster

I would like to work at Madam Malkin's

■ The clothes
■ The social interaction
■ Happy customers
■ Seeing the new students come in for their robes
■ Being able to work with someone who has loads of experience.
■ Possibly getting the change to one day us my artist talent to make great fashion.

■ The quiet lulls
■ Really busy in the summer
■ I'll be mocked by clothes all day
■ Not being able to spend my paycheck on those clothes
■ Working late hours

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! (I really want to work here)

Cara MiaKitty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:34 pm
Hello, my name is Kenneth Blake

The things I love about this shop are being able to use my artistic talents, meeting interesting people, working on improving my skills as an artist, working with people I know, becoming known for my art instead of my quidditch skills.

The things I despise about this shop are how loud it can be, people that come in and argue about prices, Emmett, people that are shocked that tattoos require the use of needles, Emmett, and people knowing me more for my quidditch skills and chastising me for my choice of occupation.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I would rather work on tattoos if that's possible, but I could start off elsewhere if necessary.

Cara MiaKitty

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:22 pm
murruelecreuset
Hello, my name is Alice Lancaster

I would like to work at Madam Malkin's

■ The clothes
■ The social interaction
■ Happy customers
■ Seeing the new students come in for their robes
■ Being able to work with someone who has loads of experience.
■ Possibly getting the change to one day us my artist talent to make great fashion.

■ The quiet lulls
■ Really busy in the summer
■ I'll be mocked by clothes all day
■ Not being able to spend my paycheck on those clothes
■ Working late hours

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! (I really want to work here)

Cara MiaKitty

Accepted!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:33 pm
Diamond Wales
Hello, my name is Kenneth Blake

The things I love about this shop are being able to use my artistic talents, meeting interesting people, working on improving my skills as an artist, working with people I know, becoming known for my art instead of my quidditch skills.

The things I despise about this shop are how loud it can be, people that come in and argue about prices, Emmett, people that are shocked that tattoos require the use of needles, Emmett, and people knowing me more for my quidditch skills and chastising me for my choice of occupation.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I would rather work on tattoos if that's possible, but I could start off elsewhere if necessary.

Cara MiaKitty

Accepted!  

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

PumpkinSpikes

Feral Abomination

12,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:32 pm
Hello, my name is: Amethyst Hawthorn

I would like to purchase: The Poffle Pot

How did I come to get this shop?: I am creating this shop. I plan to create a café and brewery out of it, selling all sorts of delicious food and tasty drinks.

The things I love about this shop are:
-It’s huge with plenty of room for a kitchen, a seating, area, a counter, and even a giant fireplace!
-it has a very warm and cozy feel to it
-it has hardwood floors, which I love
-It has a great view of the rest of diagon alley from the large window by the front door
-it reminds one of a homey log cabin

The things I dislike about this shop are:
-customers who expect me to just KNOW what they want to order
-customers who wait until I complete an order to tel me that they actually wanted decaf
-people who just dump their coin bag onto the counter, expecting me to count out the total
-Dine n’ Dashers (people who will take their food and try to leave without paying)
-people who bring in their spoiled, picky eaters of children

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I plan to have my puffskein and pygmy puffs roam free about the shop for customers to interact with. I feel that it will make people happy and help lower stress. I want my shop to be a place where you can come eat, hang out, and unwind. smile

Diamond​ Wales
[/spoiler​]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:28 pm
AccioPumpkin
Hello, my name is: Amethyst Hawthorn)

I would like to purchase: The Poffle Pot

How did I come to get this shop?: I am creating this shop. I plan to create a café and brewery out of it, selling all sorts of delicious food and tasty drinks.

The things I love about this shop are:
-It’s huge with plenty of room for a kitchen, a seating, area, a counter, and even a giant fireplace!
-it has a very warm and cozy feel to it
-it has hardwood floors, which I love
-It has a great view of the rest of diagon alley from the large window by the front door
-it reminds one of a homey log cabin

The things I dislike about this shop are:
-customers who expect me to just KNOW what they want to order
-customers who wait until I complete an order to tel me that they actually wanted decaf
-people who just dump their coin bag onto the counter, expecting me to count out the total
-Dine n’ Dashers (people who will take their food and try to leave without paying)
-people who bring in their spoiled, picky eaters of children

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I plan to have my puffskein and pygmy puffs roam free about the shop for customers to interact with. I feel that it will make people happy and help lower stress. I want my shop to be a place where you can come eat, hang out, and unwind. smile

Accepted!  

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

GracefulRose_Knight

Shadowy Rogue

5,450 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Married 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:03 pm
Hello, my name is Jessamine Creed

I would like to purchase Twilfitt and Tatting's

How did I come to get this shop? Well... I come from a wealthy family that used to shop here all the time. I used to spend countless hours in this store trying on clothes. After I dropped out I realized that the only thing I really liked was fashion so I figured why own a clothing store? I don't have a lot of money to my name since my parents took all I had away but I can take out a loan.

The things I love about this shop are the clothes are number one. I also love the decor and how it's arranged. It's very beautiful. I like the area it's in, it's pretty busy but not packed. To many costumers would just be a handful. This store keeps up with the latest and trendiest fashions and the prices are high(which means if I own it I'll get a lot of money from people).

The things I despise about this shop are the people who come in are snobs, the store isn't as big as I'd like, I don't like that this store doesn't also sell cosmetics, it always gets packed when major events are approaching soon and the store doesn't receive shipments of clothes fast enough.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Even though I'm a drop out I am a persistent woman. I want to make a lot of changes to this store for the better and with my stubbornness I definitely can.

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 5:45 pm
Hello, my name is Rory Bolan

I would like to work at Lilting Lyre

The things I love about this shop are That I'm around music all day, that my boss is totally understanding about sorta everything, that I'm able to give lessons and get money for that, that I get a discount on my music stuff (which is freakin' awesome), and the feeling that my contributions are valid.

The things I despise about this shop are When people come and put their sticky fingers on evveerrryyytthiinggg, when people come in and don't buy anything, when people come in and ask over a hundred questions about something and still don't buy anything, inventory days, closing the shop.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! (I'msorryittookmesolongtoapplydon'tkillme:'DD)

Yukina101

EmrysStorm

Mind-boggling Celebrator

1,600 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash