Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Event Archive
Party Tent: The Masquerade Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:49 am
And we both go down together...we'd stay there forever...just try to get up
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Sergio Mourinho Di Maria

UnsortedPurebloodEleven

I always sing you sad songs...and you can sing along...and you can see your melody is calling out your wrongs.

Sergio watched as her older brother had come to help her. He knew where the exit was, they had very little time, very little time. Death stared him right in the face, and he knew it. But he kept his composure.

"Quickly, follow me...if you want to live," he said to them. "Keep on the floor. Do not crawl," he said, standing partially up. "My father is walking around here somewhere in the fairway, if we can get to him, we will get out of here. But you've got to trust me," he said to them, giving the faintest smile at the girl. He would not let such a young girl die. Sure, at times he did not care about anyone, but now, their lives were in his hands. That's when he looked at his phone, a muggle world invention his father had gotten him, where he recieved a text message saying to stay inside there. Why? Were they outside too?

"S*** nevermind, forget about that plan, they are outside too, We will be fine...don't worry," he said, knowing he should be worrying, but still.

I never told you everything. Your losing hope and fading dreams and every single memory along the way

And I'm sorry, this wasn't easy...I ask you believe me...and never let go

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:50 am
Well I woke up to the sound of silence
And cries were cutting like knives in a fist fight
And I found you with a bottle of wine
Your head in the curtains
And heart like the Fourth of July

User ImageUser Image
Unwanted OriginsTaken by Bradley♪ Musical Magician♫Hufflepuff ☠ BeaterLionel

Tobi laughed at Bradley as he spoke about being dragged to Music Club while they continued dancing. "I'll make ya join, one way or another." he said mysteriously. He noticed that his Raven's eyes kept straying off the dance floor and turned and grinned when he saw Myfina and Andi dressed and prettified for the Masquerade. "Five galleons they're both squealing about how adorable we are right now." he responded with a laugh. Before he could speak again though a loud CRACK interrupted him causing him to look around anxiously for the sound and seeing people in long cloaks and eerie masks. "Who're th-" Once again he was cut off this time by spells being fired at random upon the crowd. Without thinking he ducked and pulled his boyfriend down with him as people panicked and began to run towards all the exits. That was an excellent idea, if he wanted them dead quicker. "Bradley we need to get ta your Aunt My and Andi before the s**t hits the fan more than it already has. Whatever you do, don't let go." firmly grasping Bradley's hand he began to move quickly through the crowd pushing and weaving as he had years prior on the streets of London. Only here it was a tad more difficult with spells being thrown and people being panicked, he almost missed the streets more. Almost.

If you're lost and alone
Or you're sinking like a stone
Carry on
May your past be the sound
Of your feet upon the ground
Carry on

Carry on, carry on

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:55 am
User ImageUser Image

Eun chuckled as Dhyl called him a rather lame nickname. But before he could respond he heard the loud cracks. Saw the flashes of light. Before he knew it he was on the ground. Dhyl was crawling away to find his sister. Eun scrambled to his hands and knees and headed to the exit, dodges flashes of light. "Dad. Now would be a damn good time to show up!" he said as a table near him blew up, launching him sideways and into a pool of dark red liquid. He was next to person, the source of the pool of liquid. He stared into the strangers eyes as the light faded from their eyes. I need to get out of here! he thought as he pulled his now blood coated self to the exit.

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:57 am
User ImageUser Image

☭ Halfblood ☭ Fifth Year ☭ Dating Dominic Montague ☭ Vampire ☭

You can't quit until you ҭгұ. You can't live until you ∂ιε. 
                                                            You can't learn to tell theҭгยҭђ, until you learn to ℓιε. 
                                                            -------------------------------------①. . . ②. . . ③. . . ☭

Gracie actually did roll her eyes at the jealous tone that took over Dom's voice at the mention of Chris. Honestly she was starting to think she should just not talk about any of her male friends in front of him... but to be fair the only other male friend Dominic had the pleasure of meeting had also been asking her out..... "Oh hush. He's head over heels for little Adalaide Blythe and only my friend. I promise." She said, smiling at Dominic and leaning up to kiss him gently. He could get so jealous so easily.... and she wasn't denying that she kind of liked it. It meant that he cared... a lot, and that made her happy. "You're the only one I wa-"

Her words were cut off by a loud crack heard over the music. As Dominic dragged her down, her eyes scanned the crowd. It was easy to take everything in even in the split second before the crowd blocked it all. Masked wizards shooting curses. Ada was with Chris, he would take care of her. Michelle was... well it honestly didn't matter what her cousin was doing. She would always take care of herself. Ver and Elli were with Darius and Cam. She bit her lip, ignoring the stinging pain as her fangs broke through her skin like a knife through butter.

She knew she should run to them and protect them, but she wouldn't. She hadn't even stuck around to try and save her parents the day they were murdered. She had never been brave. Her days before sorting when she had thought Gryffindor was the place for her had been a lie through and through. She ducked a spell that shot past her and Dominic and blinked at him. Part of her was tempted to stay here in the spell firing rather than face his parents. She nodded her head slowly instead and let him drag her through the crowd, clinging to him. She didn't want to lose him. Not in this crowd. Not right now.

I know some things that you ∂øи'τ. I've done things that you ωøи'τ. 
                                                            There's nothing like a trail of вℓøø∂to find your way back нøмε. 
                                                            -------------------------------------③. . . ②. . . ①. . . ☭

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:04 am
User ImageUser Image

The woman looked up in horror as loud noises and screams filled the air. Her wand was out in an instant, curses firing off in time with her heartbeat. Boom Protego Horribilis Boom Expulso Boom Deprimo Boom Incarcerous Boom.

Her heart was racing now. Where were her kids? Were they safe among the crowd? Were they dead in the group?! She needed to find them! Damn masquerade! Blood spilled everywhere, scaring her. Her kids, her precious children could be dead and she would never know. She saw a table explode, a teen thrown from it's blast. Did she dare save him, or would she rather wait to save one she knew was hers? Her mind raced, but she ended up grabbing him by the arm. "I won't hurt you! Come now! There's an exit this way! I'll protect you." She nodded and led him to the exit, firing spells at every one of the figures she could find. At least one would be safe, even if he wasn't hers to protect.

{OoC:}
Sir Spazalots

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:08 am
User Image

User Image

And now I walk a lonely road...

Chris was about to take her hand when an explosion echoed through the tent. Eyes going wide, he glanced toward the source and realized what was happening. Dark wizards! Here? How? clenching his teeth, he manoeuvred himself between Ada and the wizards, knowing that if he got hit, he probably would be fine. Probably. Well, okay, maybe he was testing just how immortal he really was now, but still...

That thought went right out the window as soon as he saw his twin. Chalmes had never been known for a cool temper, and as soon as spells started flying, his twin swore loudly and started charging them. "Hell, Chalmes! What are you doing? Immediately seeing his opportunity, he mentally grabbed his twin and threw him at the girl he was with. "Damn it, get your arse out of here!." Swearing. Well, okay, this was probably the best time to do it. Srabbing Ada's arm, he looked around. "We need to get out of here ourselves. Where's your friend?" He hoped that that fox guy was taking care of her. Otherwise, he might hang him upside down for a while. Making sure that Ada was behind him, he started manoeuvering through the crowd, hoping to get to the exit and getting the girl out of here. He only glanced back and looked for Gracie once. "Gracie, you'd better get out of here too!"

With no light to guide my way.

--------------------------
State: Shocked
OOC: ...
--------------------------

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:11 am
So you wanna call me the devils' advocate
But you don't even know the half of it
I was raised to believe in miracles
My life is so cold
User Image

Annabelle Emery Rich
Owner of Blaze of Glory: Dueling Range
╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════════╗

She giggled in his arms before the split crack of sound penetrated the area, sparked a malevolent beast that showered the world in fire. Her lips parted to speak but no sound came, she barely flung herself to the side in time to miss a ricocheted spell. But another one skidded through the air and crashed into her elbow, slit the flesh and incited blood. She didn’t even think about it as she grabbed her wand and turned to face William. ”Get your brother, I have to get my cousin—and dammit Dev, don’t get hurt!” She shouted above the crowd, barely a second was wasted as she seized his chin for a hasty kiss and disappeared into the crowd. Hundreds were frantic, in a panic as they ran past her, pushing her back. ”Scutum!” She decreed and her wand transfigured into a deft wooden shield. "Deflexo cantatrix!" She cast, again and again, wandlessly blocking each spell.

She’d barely spotted Dominic with his girlfriend, thanks to her fiery red hair. Of course she knew about them (who didn’t?) ”Dom!” She shouted, tears stinging her eyes from the thick smoke brought on by the fire that licked up the tent in several places and bounced from here to there. She barely caught Gracie’s eyes, waving to try and catch their attention.

Fashionably: Golden
Troubles: Panic

╚══════════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:16 am
User ImageUser Image
Sixth YearPrefectCaptainWerewolfChaserGryffindor
Ⓡⓔⓜⓨ was having fun, then, of course, whackadoodles had to ruin the party. Gold eyes narrowed and she turned, feeling for her wand. It was at home. Damned dress didn't allow for a wand. Luckily, she had been in Wandless classes. "NOT ON MY DATE YOU PRICKS!" A stream of curses, both vulgar and magic left her mind, the teen doing her best to focus. Long hair tumbled down her back, the ribbon holding it fluttering to the ground. Magic fired from her fingers, which, on any normal day, would have been awesome, but today was just cause for worry. Remy was not happy. Not in the least. That much at least showed in her sloppy spellwork. At least she was hitting people!

UT
f
HARACTER

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:18 am
When you came in the air went out,
And every shadow there filled up with doubt,

I don’t know who you think you are but before the night is through

𝕺cclumens 𝖂illiam 𝕯ante 𝕹ott the Third
𝕳eir of 𝕯uke of 𝖂ales, 𝕾lytherin 𝕬lumni

User Image

A glowering darkness encumbered him, and it was in its silence that he’d succumbed to it. Hasily, he searched, for fiery red hair and pale, pale skin. But he was afraid that he was wrong, Phinelia had not shown her face after all. He’d have hoped to have taken her, pick at her brain, see what she knows. But it wouldn’t be tonight. Lethargic eyes half lidded glazed over the world, and had felt that eerily similar feeling of paranoia. Like he was being watched.

He then noticed Michelle in the arms of a masked man, too white, for his taste. But that would soon change as mayhem ensued. ”Defaeco animus,” he cast simply. No, he wasn’t behind it, he was just caught in the storm, always, at the wrong place at the wrong time. He stood back, he wondered if he’d recognize those men, their masks, their voices. They hurled curse after curse, and if it not for his shield, he might have fallen a time or two from a rebounded spell. It was like a symphony was building before him, slow and articulate, leading up to its driving forte in haste.

╔══════════════╗
Height: 6’2” ♜ Weight: 189 ♜ Age: 18
Masquerade Tent
╚══════════════╝

User Image

I wanna do bad things with you.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:21 am
Yukina101

User Image

xxxxxxx_____________________________________

xxxxxxx Photographer || Half Blood || Taken by Tobi
xxxxxxx_____________________________________

Bradley smiled as Tobi commented on Myfina and Andi watching them. Before he could respond loud cracks burst through the air. Flashes of light appeared flying though the air. Before he knew it he was being yanked through the crowd. "Aunt My!" he shouted as Tobi pulled him through the crowd. His hand almost slipped from his grasp as someone collided with him. He tightened his grip. We have to get out of here! he thought, fear filling him.

Seems like there's always someone who disapproves
They'll judge it like they know about me and you
And the verdict comes from those with nothing else to do
The jury's out, but my choice is you
So don't you worry your pretty little mind
People throw rocks at things that shine
And life makes love look hard
The stakes are high, the water's rough
But this love is ours

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:22 am
User Image

User Image

Gearvin was about to say something, when chaos erupted. Glancing around, his face fell as he realized that there were too many kids here and they needed protection. Damn, where was an auror when you needed one? Glaring around, he quickly his wand, and without flinching, threw a spell at one of the attacking wizards. "Sectumsempra." He tore the mask off, knowing that it was obstructing his view and he needed better eyesight than it provided. "Madam, get to as many as you can. I can keep some at bay as you do so."

Propriety helps to keep a distinction between those that have pride, and those that have none.

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
State: Furious
OOC: ...

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:23 am
User Image
User ImageGryffindorFourth YearSeekerWriterPureblood

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore—
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door—
"'Tis some visitor," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door—
Only this and nothing more."

Romulus danced a bit more, then turned. What was going on?! Before he could think, he grabbed the girl and pulled her close, then dropped to the ground. He slipped his wand from his pocket, hands shaking too much to use it. Blue eyes widened at one of the fighters. No one had hair that long, pardoning Chase, that he knew of. Remy was fighting. He pointed his wand at her and cast Protego, hoping to protect her in every way possible. He looked at the girl he'd been dancing with, then slipped his mask off. He at least wanted to know her name before hellfire rained down upon them. "I'm Romulus, by the way." He kept his fingers entwined with hers, almost instinctively. No way she was getting hurt, not on his watch.

Wearing

And the Raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,
And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted—Nevermore!

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:33 am
User ImageUser Image

≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎
Myfina 's heart nearly stopped when she saw what was going on. Where the hell was Desmond?! She pulled her mask off, then darted into the crowd. She was never very good at Defense, but she knew enough to scatter a few spells here and there. She saw her nephew and daughter, but who did she get to first?! Bradley and Tobi were closer, so she ran for them. Her instincts kicked in as she grabbed them both by the hands. "RUN BOYS!" She pulled them along, needing to reach her daughter. Andi was defenseless in this battle. When she made it to her daughter, Myfina released her death-grip on the boys' wrists to hug her daughter. "Andi! Are you okay?!" Wand at the ready, My fired off another spell at one of the freaks coming closer. He dropped to the ground. Let it be said that no one ******** with Myfina's babies.
≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎≎

{OoC: #0038A8}

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:34 am
User Image

A light chuckle came out of the mask as Michelle continued to offer resistance to the idea of having a good time in his presence. With that, and the small challenge offered by the pale haired young lady, the White Fox proceeded to move and flow with the music swaying his partner in time. A thought occurred to the White Fox as he danced, he wondered if the fire inclined serpent had ever been gifted with a truly memorable happy experience. Her doubting of the possibility of him being able to do so almost seemed like a general response rather than one more directed just at him. No matter the true case he would do his best to fulfill that promise.

"White Fox is what most call me, Fox would also work just fine. If you need an actual name to speak, Dante will work for now. Now just relax and enjoy please."

As the music sent its harmonic tones through the air the pair swayed and glided across the dance floor. The White Fox's touch was never pressing but moved Michelle in the direction desired for the melody of the music. A sudden stop but he had the girl carry on until he stopped her at arm's length. A quick pull and a turn of his wrist had the young lady spinning back towards the white robed wizard to find her back to him now.

"It's alright to enjoy this, you can always tell your friends I was just simply horrible," His voice was close but soft and the usually odd voice had seemed to tone down and sound melodic almost.

A quick twirl and the two were back at first position gliding again across the dance floor. The pace seemed to quicken ever so slightly and the White Fox's movements had just a small snap to them as they turned before slowing down along with the music's tempo. A push out with both still holding hands at length, then he let go with one hand to then guide Michelle under their tethered arm and then back together, this time much closer as his second hand was on her upper back for a moment.

"Everyone deserves an enjoyable moment to remember, for in our memories that moment can last forever," Quickly he allowed space to form between them and his hand went back to resting respectfully on her hip.

A few more normal steps and a sudden quick pace in the steps noted the song about to crescendo and then stop. Another quick spin out to arms length, not fast but with purpose, and then a final spin in with the White Fox catching the young lady low and allowing her to dip almost to the ground, only her hair and small wisps of her attire grazed the floor. Pulling her back up slowly he brought the fiery young woman's hand up to his mask and bowed to it, the best a masked man could do for a kiss on the hand.

"Not so bad I trust? Maybe even..."

His words were cut off by the sudden appearance of black robed figures firing into the crowd of people. A growl came from his mask but then a slight chuckle as he looked at their almost matching outfits. He knew something was going to happen, now he was really glad he was here. Although the dance would have been great as the only activity he got at the party, but this would do well.

"Looks like they are playing my solo tune. Find your friend and get her and her boyfriend out of here," The White Fox looked to the black robed figures and pulled out his long white staff from his pouch and then cracked his neck, "I have to go to work."

Quickly he disappeared from the young girl, knowing she could take care of herself, and appeared on a table near a bunch of the evil figures. His staff snapped out quickly taking one in the side of the head and sending him into another. His staff spun and twisted in practiced motions as he then stabbed out into another figure's chest sending the wind from his lungs. A quick snap up and he was sent into the air to land on his back hard. A spell came in at him and the staff quickly spun up and in front of the masked wizard.

"Protego."

The spell splashed over the staff and the White Fox vanished again. Appearing near the one who fired on him the white robed hero could tell he no longer had the element of surprise, but these were lackeys so he wasn't really worried. The staff came out and smashed into the dark wizard's wand arm, and crack could be heard as bone broke and the wand fell from grasp. A reverse in the spin brought the staff back and slapped across the man's face sending him out of the fight. Two more shots blazed towards him, this time the White Fox quickly pushed off with his staff and vaulted up and over. He vanished in mid air appearing just over the two who had fired at him. One was quick enough to know the trick and fired a quick stunning spell that missed the White Fox's head by inches. The white masked wizard brought a quick strike on top of that one's head, then spun around behind the second and slapped him aside the head, between the legs, and then hard in the back.

"Hey goon squad! Come on, you guys can't really be serious can you? I mean the evil masked wizards thing has been done to death. Maybe try dressing in pink with ruffles next time, it's about par for your abilities I would say."

User Image

User Image

((OOC: That's right, I'm in this fight people! Alright a fight...even if it is just lackeys this will work. They won't last long but I'll still enjoy it.))  

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:43 am
User ImageUser Image

☭ Halfblood ☭ Fifth Year ☭ Dating Dominic Montague ☭ Vampire ☭

You can't quit until you ҭгұ. You can't live until you ∂ιε. 
                                                            You can't learn to tell theҭгยҭђ, until you learn to ℓιε. 
                                                            -------------------------------------①. . . ②. . . ③. . . ☭

Gracie bit back a cry of pain as a spell hit her back and a gash appeared. Immediately her mind flashed back to that time in her living room so many years ago. Spells flying and her parents dying and her running, just like now, her back and arm bleeding. She gulped and squeezed her eyes shut, trying to bring herself back to present. She couldn't let herself lose it. Not right now. She opened her eyes just in time to pull Dominic to the side as a spell raced past them.

The wound on her back was already healing itself shut. She reached up to wipe the tears she hadn't even realized were there away, before blue eyes caught sight of a blonde waving to them. Gracie could only assume it was Belle, Dom's cousin. She tugged Dom slightly in her direction. "Dom! You're cousin's closer. Come on!" She shouted, trying to make herself be heard over the chaos. She took a deep breath, trying to calm herself down enough to think clearly. Breathing though had been a terrible idea. Her lungs fill with smoke and her senses picked up the distinct and overwhelming smell of blood. She choked and immediately brought her hand to her face, covering her mouth and nose. Chaos and death was definitely not the best place for a vampire to be. She gulped and pressed her fingers closer to her skin, trying to inhale her own scent instead of the damn blood. She could feel hunger and blood lust clawing at her mind. She hated it so much.

Tears were falling from her eyes again when they finally reached Belle. She pushed herself against Dominic, burying her face against his chest and breathing in his scent. She wouldn't lose it. She was terrified now. She wasn't scared of masked wizards shooting spells. She wasn't even scared of her past anymore, but showing what kind of monster she truly was. That scared her to death. Which was ironic.... seeing as she was already dead. She couldn't.... she wouldn't.... but god dammit the smell of blood was everywhere. She was fighting with herself not to sink her teeth into the nearest living being. No matter how much it disgusted her to do it.

I know some things that you ∂øи'τ. I've done things that you ωøи'τ. 
                                                            There's nothing like a trail of вℓøø∂to find your way back нøмε. 
                                                            -------------------------------------③. . . ②. . . ①. . . ☭

Event Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff