Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
The Magical Menagerie ~ NPC Owned ~ For Sale Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:31 am
User Image
User Image

єνєяутнιиg ιѕ αωєѕσмє
єνєяутнιиg ιѕ ¢σσℓ ωнєи уσυ'яє ραят σf α тєαм
єνєяутнιиg ιѕ αωєѕσмє ωнєи ωє'яє ℓινιиg συя ∂яєαм
єνєяутнιиg ιѕ вєттєя ωнєи ωє ѕтι¢к тσgєтнєя ѕι∂є ву ѕι∂є, уσυ αи∂ ι gσииα ωιи fσяєνєя,
ℓєт'ѕ ραяту fσяєνєя ωє'яє тнє ѕαмє, ι'м ℓιкє уσυ, уσυ'яє ℓιкє мє, ωє'яє αℓℓ ωσякιиg ιи нαямσиу

Lyall was.... a little lost. His mum had driven him close, then he walked into the massive alleyway, after recruiting help to access the archway. He wandered up, his note from Tori Rae in hand. After a few minutes of searching, he hurried to the Magical Menagerie, waving to his friends. "Hello friends! Hi! How are you!" He waved, the loose sleeves on his sweater waving a bit. He quickly hugged them both, then grinned hugely. "Sorry I'm late. I forgot how to get into the Alleyway! Have you picked a pet yet?! I recommend a bunny! They're warm and cuddly and wonderful!" He bounced in place a bit, happy to be with his friends.

вℓυє ѕкιєѕ, вσυи¢у ѕρяιиgѕ ωє נυѕт иαмє∂ тωσ αωєѕσмє тнιиgѕ
α иσвєℓ ρяιzє, α ριє¢є σf ѕтяιиg уσυ киσω ωнαт'ѕ αωєѕσмє؟ єνєяутнιиg!
∂σgѕ ωιтн fℓєαѕ, αℓℓєяgιєѕ, α вσσк σf gяєєк αитιqυιтιєѕ вяαи∂ иєω ραитѕ,
α νєяу σℓ∂ νєѕт αωєѕσмє ιтємѕ αяє тнє
вєѕт
тяєєѕ, fяσgѕ, ¢ℓσgѕ тнєу'яє αωєѕσмє
яσ¢кѕ, ¢ℓσ¢кѕ, αи∂ ѕσ¢кѕ тнєу'яє αωєѕσмє
fιgѕ, αи∂ נιgѕ, αи∂ тωιgѕ тнαт'ѕ αωєѕσмє
єνєяутнιиg уσυ ѕєє, σя тнιик, σя ѕαу ιѕ αωєѕσмє

The Shiny Furret

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:04 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                        ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Tori looked through the window along with Rider. Surely they had all sorts of owls and other sorts of pets as well. A snowy owl would be very pretty, with all the white feathers and they were so fluffy and cute. Tawny owls were nice too, though. Personally, she liked the ones with feathers that made it look like they had ears. It wasn't long before Lyall showed up. The boy gave them both a hug, being his usual happy self, and started going on about how he forgot how to get into Diagon Alley. Tori laughed at her friend. He was always so silly. "Hi Lyall! I'm doing well, thank you," she replied. He then suggested Rider get a bunny. Tori knew it was because Lyall loved bunnies so much. She rolled her eyes, still smiling. Her friends always made her smile, no matter what they all were doing together. "Well, let's go inside and look around. Maybe we can find something," she added, headed for the door.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PUREBLOOD GRYFFINDOR SECOND YEARx

I'm not your average type of girl. I'm gonna show the world the strength in me that sometimes they can't see.
                                                        I'm about to switch my style, and soon things may get wild, but I will prove that I can conquer anything.
                                                        Better watch out, going for the knockout, and I won't stop till I'm on top now! Not gonna give up until I get what's mine.
                                                        Better check that, I'm about to upset, and I'm hot now so you better step back! I'm taking over so watch me shine!

{ooc: emotion_yatta }

SummerIsles

Miss GryffindorK

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:23 pm
Dear Prudence, greet the brand new day!
The sun is up, the sky is blue...
It's beautiful and so are you!
Dear Prudence, open up your eyes.
Dear Prudence, see the sunny skies.
Look around, round and round-

User Image
p r u d e n c e
" p r u "
l o w e r y

gryffindorsecond yearpureblood

Pru technically didn't 'work' at her mother's shop, but she'd been around it since she was very small and was used to helping out. With so many animals there was always something to do. She'd been a bit timid around the dogs, in particular, when she was younger, but she'd mostly gotten over that. The bigger ones she was still a bit wary about, but most of the dogs in the shop were smaller or still puppies. And now that she was home for the summer, she could spend more time with Dragon, her pet pig. Unfortunately, she couldn't have him in the shop with her. While he was very well mannered, the term 'pig sty' came to mind when one saw a pig following people around freely. Besides, it would be too easy for him to dart out the door and get lost. He was much better off at home, where he could spend all day playing in the grass. Pru finished organizing some pet toys that had been mixed up. Maybe she should sweep in the back or something. She didn't like just sitting around doing nothing. It was a bit warm in the shop, but not so warm that she felt like taking her unbuttoned cardigan off. She probably should have put her thick dark hair up, though, seeing as her bangs were only held back by a sturdy headband. She looked to the doorway at the sound of people entering and the voices of students, and wasn't entirely surprised that she knew everyone entering. "Hullo guys," she greeted, looking from Tori to Rider to Lyall. "My mum owns this place," she offered by way of explanation, since she didn't exactly look like she was shopping. "Getting pets?"

OOC:
The Shiny Furret

Miss GryffindorK

SummerIsles

The wind is low, the birds will sing...
That you are part of everything!
Dear Prudence, let me see you smile.
Dear Prudence, like a little child.
The clouds will be a daisy chain,
So let me see you smile again.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:54 pm
User Image

----------r ι d e r--------w ι l ѕ o n----------

♪ You gotta fight ♫
♪ For your right ♫
♪ to PARTY! ♫

-----------ѕ e c o n d----y e a r----н υ ғ ғ l e p υ ғ ғ-----------

What am I doing? Getting an owl!
How am I feeling? Excited!
What's on my mind? I hope Mom lets me keep it!

Rider smiled when Lyall appeared and hugged them both, hugging him back in response. She giggled when the boy said he'd forgotten how to get into the magical alley. The girl remembered back to her first experience with the alley, having to get a strange wizard in the Leaky Cauldron to open it for her. "I'm thinking about an owl, actually. That way I can mail my magical friends too." She smiled and followed Tori into the shop. They barely had any time to look around the shop before Pru appeared and greeted them. The girl excitedly hugged her friend and smiled when she said her mother owned the shop. "I worked for my mum most of the summer so far to make money to get a pet. I want to get an owl. And maybe some bunny treats for Bubbles if I 'ave enough." She turned to Lyall and flashed the boy a smile, knowing that he'd like the attention paid to his bunny.

-----------o υ т----o ғ----c н a r a c т e r-----------

{...}

The Shiny Furret

Miss GryffindorK

The Forgotten Weasley

SummerIsles

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:16 pm
User Image
User Image

єνєяутнιиg ιѕ αωєѕσмє
єνєяутнιиg ιѕ вєттєя ωнєи ωє ѕтι¢к тσgєтнєя ѕι∂є ву ѕι∂є, уσυ αи∂ ι gσииα ωιи fσяєνєя,
ℓєт'ѕ ραяту fσяєνєя ωє'яє тнє ѕαмє, ι'м ℓιкє уσυ, уσυ'яє ℓιкє мє, ωє'яє αℓℓ ωσякιиg ιи нαямσиу

Lyall was more than happy to see his friends in such high spirits. He had missed them greatly, and it was slow waiting on owls from Tori or the postman from Rider. At least he could tell who was who! "It's so wonderful to see you both! You look lovely!" He clapped his hands together, nodding when Rider said she wanted an owl, but she quickly said she would try to buy bunny treats. "Oh no! Goodness me! I couldn't ask you to buy me anything!" He grinned, then looked over as a girl from his grade walked over. She said her mum owned the pet store, and his eyes went wide. "So you get to see all the bunnies and kitties and owlets and mousies and stuff all summer! That's so neat! I want to work at a pet store too! Bubbles would love it here, I think!" He bounced more, grinning with a bubble of explosive excitement. He was so happy to be a part of this magical wonderland!

вєѕт

The Shiny Furret

SummerIsles

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:30 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                        ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

As they entered the shop, Tori gazed at all of the animals. There were cats, dogs, owls, rats, and so much more. "Whoa... Oh, hi Pru," she said as her housemate came up to them. So her mother owned the pet shop? That was pretty cool. She sort of wished her mother did something cool like that. Her dad was a music teacher, which was neat, but he didn't own a whole pet store. Rider explained her pet-less situation and Tori nodded. "I'm gonna get something nice for my cat, Alice. She's such a lazy thing, but she's my lazy thing, so she has to be fabulous," she said, smiling. Lyall started getting really excited about the entire idea of the pet store, making her laugh. He always knew how to make someone laugh, even when they didn't need to. "Maybe I can get some treats for Alice too. I mean, she's already getting kinda fat from all of her constant napping, but..." The girl shrugged her shoulders, still looking around the amazing store.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I'm not your average type of girl. I'm gonna show the world the strength in me that sometimes they can't see.
                                                        I'm about to switch my style, and soon things may get wild, but I will prove that I can conquer anything.
                                                        Better watch out, going for the knockout, and I won't stop till I'm on top now! Not gonna give up until I get what's mine.
                                                        Better check that, I'm about to upset, and I'm hot now so you better step back! I'm taking over so watch me shine!

SummerIsles

Miss GryffindorK

The Forgotten Weasley

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:43 pm

User Image
p r u d e n c e
" p r u "
l o w e r y

Pru nodded. "I've an owl, Wally. Picked him out from here because I couldn't take my pet pig to school with me," she admitted. She glanced at Lyall. "Bubbles is your rabbit? An' yeah... but it gets tiring cleaning up all the poo sometimes," she smirked. She loved animals, but she was far from blind to the realities of working with them. They shed everywhere. They smelled bad. Sometimes they tried to eat each other... or you. She smiled at the mention of Tori's cat. "Um, well, what'd you all want to look at first? Pet treats and toys are over there-," she jerked her head in one direction towards the shelves, "An' owls are over this way, if you want me to show you some, Rider," she offered.

OOC:
The Shiny Furret

Miss GryffindorK

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:14 pm
User Image

♪ You gotta fight ♫
♪ For your right ♫
♪ to PARTY! ♫

When Lyall said she didn't have to buy him anything, she smiled and hugged him, then said, "I want to buy Bubbles something! 'E's so fluffy!" Tori said her cat was lazy and fabulous. She giggled and nodded when she said the cat was getting fat. Turning to Pru, she said, "I need to get something small, so me mum won't notice 'im. But not something too teeny that 'e or she couldn't fly far. So, um, what would ye suggest?" Rider frowned. She needed to get a small bird, otherwise her mum would outright kill her.

{...}

The Shiny Furret

Miss GryffindorK

The Forgotten Weasley

SummerIsles

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:24 pm
User Image
User Image

єνєяутнιиg ιѕ αωєѕσмє

Lyall grinned at the girls, then laughed at the thought of a "fabulous" cat. Then again, if any cat was to be fabulous, it was Tori Rae's. "If she's half as fabulous as you, she'll be beautiful-tastic!" He grinned, hoping to meet this lovely cat! When Prudence mentioned a pet pig, Lyall's eyes went wide. "A pig?! Like a teacup pig or a big pig?!" He was more than a little excited to hear about this piggy. Rider said she wanted to buy something for Bubbles, so Lyall nodded, laughing. "Fine, if you really want to buy her a treat, you may!" He grinned, thinking how spoiled his bunny would be when he got home! He'd probably have to ration the treats, though, so she didn't get too tubby.

вєѕт

The Shiny Furret

SummerIsles

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:16 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                        ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Tori giggled to herself at Lyall's comment. In Alice's mind, she was "beautiful-tastic" as he had said. She knew that the cat thought highly of herself, and she thought highly of her cat as well. "Let's get Rider's owl squared away first. That's what we came here for in the first place," she said with a nod as Rider began to explain her entire owl situation. Yes, a small one would be best, probably. Especially if her mother didn't want her to have one. Why couldn't she have one, she wondered. Was it because her mother was a Muggle? Possibly.

"Awww, I'd love to see your pig, Pru! I bet it's adorable," Tori chimed. When she thought of a pig, she imagined a tiny little pink creature with an adorable curly tail with a bow. Of course, she didn't think about how pigs rolled in the mud and such and got all disgustingly gross and dirty.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SummerIsles

Miss GryffindorK

The Forgotten Weasley

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:58 pm

User Image
p r u d e n c e
" p r u "
l o w e r y

Pru chuckled at their reactions to her revealing she had a pet pig. "Nah, he's not that little, Lyall. He's about the size of a small cat... big kitten, maybe. I can still pick him up an' carry him aroun', all the same. If any of you are ever in Kenmare, feel free to stop by, though. Plenty of pets at my house," she shrugged. There was an awful lot of people living at the estate, after all. Thank goodness for the sheer size of it, though it'd probably be a bit roomier after she and her mother and brothers moved in with Wesley. Now she finally addressed the matter of Rider's owl. Honestly, she doubted the girl's mum wasn't going to notice an owl. They were noisy when they were awake, like it or not, regardless of size, and they could leave quite the mess, between the pellets and the dead rodents... But she was trying to sell an owl here, not discourage Rider from buying one. She just hoped she was prepared for the responsibilities of having an owl to look after when she was home from school. It would probably nest in the owlery at Hogwarts during the school year. Pru supposed she was probably a bit too serious about animals, but she knew a lot of kids her age that left their pets to be cared for by their parents instead of taking responsibility themselves. However, she doubted Rider would be so neglectful of her pet. "Well, all the owls are 8 galleons," she explained. "A popular smaller owl is the Little Owl. They're partly diurnal- it means they're sometimes awake durin' the day, too." She gestured towards a cage where an owl was dozing. "This is one of them- I call him Finn. 'Course, if you got him you could name him whatever you wanted- I just like givin' them names."

OOC:
The Shiny Furret

Miss GryffindorK

SummerIsles

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:56 pm
User Image

♪ You gotta fight ♫
♪ For your right ♫
♪ to PARTY! ♫

Rider smiled and listened to her friends talk about Tori Rae's cat, Lyall's bunny and Pru's pig. Rider and her sister were never allowed to have pets before. After all, Mum was always busy with work and Da was always in and out. He didn't have the time either. So, now that Rider had earned the money all by herself, she was getting one, whether they liked it or not. After looking after her sister all by herself, Rider figured she could easily take care of a pet. Pru started talking about the little owl, and while Rider wanted a small bird, she wanted something that would be able to fly the long distances between her and her friends' houses. Frowning ever so slightly, Rider said, "I wouldn't mind taking Finn 'ome, but I think the poor bird might get too tired making so many flights. I was thinking maybe like... a tawny or a snowy owl. What do ye think, Pru?" She hoped that Pru thought her decision was smart. After all, the girl worked in the shop that her mum owned. She was around animals quite a lot.

{...}

The Shiny Furret

Miss GryffindorK

The Forgotten Weasley

SummerIsles

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:37 pm
User Image
User Image

єνєяутнιиg ιѕ αωєѕσмє

Lyall grinned at the thought of a little house-pig. He giggled a bit at the idea that it might be trained and have a little piggy-door. Pru spoke of a little owl called Finn. "Does he have a friend called 'Jake'?" He grinned, wondering if any of the others would understand his reference. He knew he and Rider were both of non-magic descent, and Tori Rae was the opposite, but he wasn't rightly sure about Prudence. He slipped out of his fantasy world a bit when Rider mentioned wanting a bigger owl. He looked around, hoping to help find an owl... but he got a bit distracted when he caught sight of the rabbits. His eyes went wide, and he zoned out, watching the cute little bunnies playing about. He vaguely wondered if his mum would buy him another bunny....

вєѕт

The Shiny Furret

SummerIsles

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:55 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                        ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Tori looked at the owl Pru had mentioned, the one named Finn. She grinned at how adorable and tiny he was. Maybe her mother would let her get an owl too. Right now, she just had to use the Magical Post Office if she wanted to send out letter to her friends, seeing as no one in the house had an owl or any sort of bird. She was probably going to wait to ask, though, because it wasn't something she absolutely needed at the current time. However, a fluffy little owl would be such a cute and fun pet to have, she figured.

The blonde turned to Lyall, curious as to what he was talking about. Who was this 'Jake' character? She shrugged it off, then followed his gaze to the rabbits. The boy seemed absolutely mesmerized by the fluffy creatures. Tori laughed to herself and took Lyall's arm, starting towards the bunnies. "You two talk owls while we go faun over the bunnies, alright?" she said before trotting off. Looking into the cage with the rabbits in it, she watched as some of them hopped around, others slept, and the rest just sitting in contentment. "What does your bunny look like, again, Lyall?" she asked, not recalling his pet's color.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

{ooc: Sorry for the late reply, I had serious writer's block. xC}

SummerIsles

Miss GryffindorK

The Forgotten Weasley

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:31 pm
User Image

c υ r r e n т l y
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          ѕιиgℓє
                                                          Looking Cute at the Magical Menagerie with - - -
                                                          xxxғeelιngxxx
                                                          Calm
                                                          xxxтнιnĸιngxxx
                                                          ❝ I wonder what sort of owl I should get... ❞
                                                          ╚═══════════════════════════════╝

σиє ∂αу, ι'м gσииα fσяgєт у σ υ я и α м є ❦ ❦ ❦xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          σиє ѕωєєт ∂αу, уσυ'яє gσииα ∂ я σ ω и ιи му ℓσѕт ραιи ❦ ❦ ❦xxxxxxxxx
                                                          f є α я ιѕ σиℓу ιи σ υ я м ι и ∂ ѕ ❦ ❦ ❦xxxxxx
                                                          вυт ιт'ѕ т α к ι и g σ ν є я αℓℓ тнє т ι м є ❦ ❦ ❦xxx
                                                          ═══════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceJojo couldn't help the silent cheer of 'freedom!' that rang through her head as she stepped into the pet shop, or the grin tugging at her lips. Apparently, three weeks in Germany had been as much as her poor father could handle, as far as being separated from his daughter for the Summer went. He'd barely let her out of his sight since she'd returned, with the obvious exception of when he was at work. The absolute only reason he'd allowed her this little bit of freedom was because he was right down the road at the tattoo shop with London, getting his runes re-inked. It was a long and, quite frankly, boring process, and one which Jojo had absolutely no desire to sit around doing nothing during. So, she'd oh, so sweetly asked her father if she could head down to the pet shop, since he'd told her that she could get an owl this Summer.

spaceGiven that her correspondence with Darcy hadn't ceased over the last couple of years, it seemed silly that she kept having to borrow one of the school's owls to write him. As much as she liked Fancy, her favorite owl for the job, she couldn't help but think that it was practical to get one of her own. It would also make writing home easier, since her father didn't have an owl, either. The blonde approached the cages with wide, curious eyes. She didn't know much about owls; she'd had her cat Sapphire since the thing had been a kitten, and the only owls she'd ever been around were Horace and Hermes, Callidora and Lenore's owls. Callidora had hated hers, and generally just let it do whatever it liked so long as it stayed away from her. She'd also tended to be furious with the creature when it wasn't around when she needed it, which Jojo had always thought was ridiculous. Her great-grandmother, on the other hand, had absolutely loved her owl, for some reason. Their relationship had almost been creepy; the blonde still wasn't entirely convinced that she couldn't communicate with the thing. Still, neither was the best example of how to care for an owl. She chewed her lip lightly; most of the owls were asleep, she noted. That made sense, since they were nocturnal by nature. But she would've liked to see them awake; she couldn't help but feel like she'd be a better judge of which one she wanted if they had been.

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx❦ ❦ ❦ уσυ ρ σ σ я , ѕ ω є є т , ι и и σ ¢ єи т тнιиg
                                                          xxxxxx❦ ❦ ❦ ∂ я у уσυя є у є ѕ , αи∂ т є ѕ т ι f у
                                                          xxxxxxxxx❦ ❦ ❦ уσυ киσω уσυ ℓ ι ν є тσ в я є α к м є
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx❦ ❦ ❦ ∂σи'т ∂ є и у , ѕ ω є є т ѕα¢ я ι f ι ¢ є

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash