[IC] =Xaki's Teepee= Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xaki

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:28 pm
Update - November 06, 2007

It appears that a new familiar has made its appearance, to the dismay of several herd members~

Introducing .. Mushu, to be accompanied with Khan.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:08 am
Update - November 17th, 2007

Oh my! It looks like we have several additions to our herd, which is steadily growing bigger and bigger.

Introducing Septimus, an (in)valuble addition, and Helio's new companion, Artemis!

User Image

User Image

Xaki

Xaki

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:06 pm
OOC RP - November 17th
[ Horses: Baldev - Septimus - Kouga ]
Link: Here!

Xaki
Septimus: *snickers at Kouga* I was put in right away~ *chest puff of vanity*

`Swirly
Baldev:: *spots mares he hasn't met* surprised YHELOTHAR.

CuterThanYou
Kouga: Of course! The gentler and weaker sex needs more attention than strong males like myself. I may have been raised in the wild, but manners are manners, are they not?

Xaki
Septimus: *blinks at Baldev* Whyyyy, hello there. *siddles up to him*

@Kouga: Why, you stupid feminist >O

CuterThanYou
Kouga: *blinks* Feminist? I don't support women's rights.... the female gender needs to stay in the cave and prepare dinner, while the male is out hunting and doing... male things! *nods*

`Swirly
Baldev:: *grins at Septimus and preens* I am Baldev, what may I call you...?

Xaki
Septimus: Septimus to you, whats your name? :3

@Kouga: WHY YOU .. *resists urge to clobber him with something veryVERY heavy* >O

`Swirly
Baldev:: *pouts for a moment* Silly two-legged.. where did the pretty little --

CuterThanYou
Kouga: *lazy glance back towards the blue mare's direction* What? What I'd do?

`Swirly
Baldev:: *spots the blue mare from earlier* Hmmm

Xaki
Septimus: Mm? heart

`Swirly
Baldev:: *prances about a bit* Hullo again.

Xaki
Septimus: Why, hello thar. *grooms*

`Swirly
Baldev:: *sighs dramatically* We were interrupted earlier by my... less than intelligent two-legger.. I am Baldev, Miss Septimus.

Xaki
Septimus: .. so it appears, Mr. Baldev.

`Swirly
Baldev:: *another grin* Bah!~ MIster is my father.. I'll be that old.. never *bows his head then tosses back some silver-white curls* You are new here, yes?

Xaki
Septimus: *grins sardonically* Then dont tack the miss onto my name, unless you'd still prefer Mr. on yours. *smiles sweetly* But I am quite new, yes~ *tosses mane* Any particular reason? :3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:42 am
You and I, are similar
[ Horses: Khan - Khalon ]

Last Current Date: Sat Oct 20, 2007

Xaki
It was a sunny day out, and Khan found himself walking back to the clearing. Letting out a yawn, he wondered if it was possible to go back to sleep once again. Taking a few unsteady steps, he sighed to clear his mind. Apparently, he was going to have to wake up, or either make a fool of himself -- not that there was anybody to make a fool in front of.

Walking a few steps to reach over to the small stream that cut through the clearing, he dipped his head in briefly, and brought his head up, droplets of water still on his muzzle and sorts. What was he to do for now? Finding breakfast sounded quite tempting, didn't it? Feeling his stomach growl, it was more like a demand, as he chuckled to himself, lowering his head to graze, as nothing else was in sight, right now.

Infinities
He was in full tack. Darn it all. Why he'd insisted on it this morning, he didn't know. It had taken that native woman forever to get it right. When his master had been killed, and he had found himself here alone... he'd taken advantage of it. He'd run from those like his friend, they were impure at best. Vile. His master had been barely an adult, had never shed blood, until the night he died. That was why Khalon had allowed him to put these THINGS on him. Like a 'normal' soquili. To protect that purity... to avenge his family... he had allowed himself to be trained for battle. A warhorse.

He'd met no others like him, in that boy's world. The other humans hadn't seemed to see his horn. They apparently saw him as a regular soquili, until he came here. But the boy had seen him for what he was. The boy had held him as Khalon got over his instinct to heal, nurtured his ability to destroy.

And Khalon had failed him, in the boy's most important battle. He jingled as he moved. He could remember the way the young human had felt, bony legs wrapped tight around his middle, gripping the reins tightly in fear. The sound of the horns blowing, and the rain beating down... He shook his head, clearing the memories. Useless, now.

Now he had three children to protect, and a mare with a lively spirit. Not his mate, but a friend. One he was content with, though she didn't understand loss the way he did. They both knew it wasn't anything permanent...

Lost in his thoughts, he didn't notice the grazing stallion as he moved out of the trees and towards the water.

Xaki
Khan, lifting his head, whinnied to greet the incoming stallion. It was easy to see that a new stallion had come in, especially when he didnt even bother to mask his scent or or the sounds of his approaching footsteps. Finished with the river, he turned around curiously, to meet with a new sight. Someone .. similar to him? Again? It wasnt enough that he had met Notos the other day, but one that was also black and saddled? Letting his gaze travel on the soquili, he wondered, if that soquili, had come from the same place. Highly doubtful, as China wasnt so .. excessive with their saddles and such. It was better, to wear bright, rich colors, than the cold, color of jewels, like silver. Unlike his friend Notos, he didnt have wings, but that was impossible, after all, to have a saddle and wings. But like his acquaintance, Sparks, the soquili also had a horn.

"Are you a unicorn?" he asked, hesitantly, wondering if the other stallion wanted to speak, or not. His hunger was forgotten now, as curiosity was his main concern. He had already noticed, that the stallion was not quite.. completely aware of his surroundings. In fact, he was reminded of those, who were often lost in thought. Perhaps this stallion was also, lost in thought, as they called it.

Infinities
Khalon scented the stallion, and not deemed him a threat. The other stallion also bore a saddle, brightly colored, and he was white in places. No wings, no horn. He acknowledged the other with a brief nod, until the stallion spoke up. "A unicorn?" he looked briefly puzzled, distracted by his thoughts. "Ah, yes, that is what my race is called." he gave the other a small smile. "I am called Khalon."

Xaki
Khan tilted his head, wondering about this soquili. Was he too preoccupied in his thoughts, to not know of what race he was? Or was he different from the others that he had met, ones that had spoken of their race proudly. He preferred the latter option, as it wasnt always, wise to judge from first impressions.

"Khalon you say?" Khan mused over it. Similar names, they had. "My name is Khan." he said, offering a reply, with a gentle smile. "I see we both bore the mark, of a human rider. Perhaps, you were thinking about him or her?" Khan, asked, knowing that he often thought of his human rider, in China. He hadn't allowed anyone to ride him here, simply because it didn't feel right. But perhaps other saddled horses felt different. "But even though, we are similar, it seems like our old lifestyles are vastly different." He said, thinking aloud, eyeing the other saddle. Realizing his mistake, he looked slightly sheepish, and cleared his throat. "Not to offend, of course."

Infinities
Khalon shook his head free of the thoughts of his past, returning his attention to the stallion in front of him. At the other's name being spolen he smiled, eyes lightening a bit. "We have similar names." he noted, eyes growing more alert. "Yes, I had a two-legger as my companion once. I keep this as a memory of him." he turned his head, nosing at the saddle. "As well, perhaps, as memory of myself."

Noticing the other stallion eyeing his saddle, he also turned his attention to the other's. Bright, garish to his eyes. More like for a parade horse than a warhorse, it left nothing for the rider to grip should need arise for the reins to be let go, or should they fall from the rider' s hand. His was what was called a 'western' saddle, something his master had wanted to try. It was getting old now, in ill repair from the battles he had fought, against humans, and against other soquili. "Not offended at all." he said with a smile. "It is quite apparent we come from backgrounds that are as different as they are similar. Were you battle trained?"

Xaki
"Memories. Odd, that they are the only remnants of what is left behind, and by all means, should make us happier." Khan mused. "But many who haven't lost someone don't realize, its quite a painful." His eyes softened, as he cleared his throat realizing that his tone belied more than a bit of sadness. "I am, of course speaking from my own experience. Another soquili like yours, and other's point of view may be different?" He asked politely, manners playing a direct part. "But from that sense, I can agree. A saddle is simply more, than others take them for."

Glad, that the other soquili had not been offended, Khan was positive that this meeting would work out for the better. He had never got along with those, that were sensitive anyways. "Partially." he replied to the other stallions question. "I've participated in my share of battles, so I think thats sufficient? there doesnt look like any battle skills are needed here though." Chuckling, his gaze trailed around their surroundings, as peaceful as it had ever been.

Xaki

Xaki

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:46 am
Forgive me, I'm new to this
[ Horses: Lady Luck - Pegasusmon ]

Last Current Roleplay: Sun Sep 23, 2007

Xaki

Pegasus, letting his wings fall slowly to his sides, landed on the ground with a graceful, and controlled movement, letting his eyes wander on his new surroundings. Where was he now? Looking slightly confused, he shook his head as if to clear it, and started walking. It was known to stay put when one was lost, but in that situation, someone would be looking for their lost one. However he had different circumstances. Feeling the gross beneath his armor, he was inwardly relieved that he wouldn't starve at least.

His pace was steady, but not by all means slow, so he reaches the end of his path quite quickly, only to find himself in a clearing. A clearing was always nice, but confined spaces they werent. Stamping his hooves in irritatiom, he wondered if he should've kept flying, than stopping, especially somewhere that he had no idea was.

CuterThanYou

Snorting, the dainty mare threw back her colored curls and continued on the path ahead of her. She had finally had enough of Teli for once, thanks to that atrocious little gnat that seemed to follow him wherever he went. He was supposed to be her friend and her traveling companion, but instead he just laughed at her anxiety and ignored her cries for help when that annoying flutter had attempted to steal her crown!

Gold eyes narrowed at the recent memory. If she ever found that flutter again, she was going to stomp her out of existence!

Checkered hooves paused in her walk as she finally had enough sense to examine her surroundings. Where in the world was she?

Xaki
Feeling his head swerve around, he stared curiously at the new visitor that had stopped at the path leading into the clearing. Eyeing her, his gaze drifted from the crown on her head, to her wings, and finally, her checkered hooves. He felt his irritation disappear, and his mouth curved into a smile. "Why, hello there." He said partially amused, and partially inquisitive over this mare's obvious mood. "If you feel the need to take your mood out on somebody, I do hope that I wont be your target." He said dryly, as he turned to fully face this mare.

Having a better view now, he took a closer look, and admitted that the mare had some odd accessories on her. But a armored horse was no less stranger. If anything, he stood out vastly.

CuterThanYou
She heard the voice before her eyes had noticed the golden being, and one eyebrow rose. How she hadn't spotted him before, she didn't know... perhaps her mind had been so focused on the horrible situation earlier that she hadn't paid close attention to the objects around her. After all, she hadn't the faintest clue where she was to begin with.

Blue eyes gazed back at her, and she tilted her head courteously in greeting.

"Unless you happen to be an annoying pest bent on snatching away my crown or feathers, you shall be no target of my mood, sir."

Her solemn expression quickly formed upwards into a smile, "Though I doubt you'd want either, seeing how you already have feathers of your own and enough gold to satisfy a stallion for quite a while, I should say."

He was strikingly odd in his appearance, but it was anything but horrible looking, in Lady's opinion. While she hadn't seen such items on a stallion before, they were very befitting of him, though the mask seemed quite unnerving, since she couldn't see his expression. From his voice, however, he seemed friendly enough, so she expected no danger from this stallion.

Xaki
Blue eyes -- similar to sapphires, twinkled, as he bowed his head down in return to her courteous greeting.

"I'll make quite sure, that I'll remember that." He said chuckling at the mare antics. "But rest assuredly, I do not fit either description of an annoying pest or of any snatching of items."

Looking down, he had a surprised look for a moment, before relaxing, and replying with an easy tone, "Perhaps your right. I do have more than enough, to last me a lifetime if anything?" With a raise of an eyebrow that was hidden beneath his armor, he tossed his mane.

Taking another glance at the mare, he noticed her attention riveted on his armor, and said wryly "I realize, I must be a tad strange to you. But its not common to have either a crown either, I believe. Royalty?" he had a hint of skepticsm in his voice, but there was no malicious or ill intent behind his words. "Or decoration?"

CuterThanYou
"I would have to disagree; one can never have too much gold," she said, amused. She herself was quite the fan of the color, "I was just caught off guard, I suppose you could say, due to the amount you've been blessed with?"

Two more steps brought her closer to where he was standing, and she admired the golden chestplate as it reflected off the bright sunlight up above. The emotionless mask gave off a fierce appearance, but his demeanor was anything but.

"Royalty is not of the bloodline, but of the attitude and appearance one gives." she returned slowly, catching the skepticism in his voice, "There have been royalty to play the roles of the peasant, while at the same time have been peasants with dispositions befitting that of royalty. It matters not the bloodline I come from, but the poise and grace I give to influence your decision of which party I represent."

She suppressed the urge for her smile to grow wider. True enough, her own past was a blur, before having met up with Teli and traveled abroad with her friend and guardian. But she could very well be that of royalty... after all, her crown was the first and only possession she could recall owning!

"And what of you, sir? Your armor makes me think of a knight, or warrior. Are you either?"

Xaki
"One can never have too much? Then isnt that what we call greed? or to place it more nicely, dissatisfaction?" he suggested, continuing with "Blessed with? I find it tiresome sometimes. Unlike your crown, which can be taken and placed again by will, my armor is not quite .. " His sentence trailed off as he appeared to be pondering. "...convenient." he finished up.

Standing still, he saw no reason to move any closer, so he simply stood there, wondering if he should've felt like a spectacle. Deciding not, his gaze traveled, until it stayed on her crown, as her next comment was spoken.

"So, your words, to cut it short, is that attitude and appearance that one gives, that determines royalty? The bloodline is of no matter to you." The last part was more of a statement then a question, on his part. "Thats a bit out of the ordinary, you realize? Many would not give answers like that." Unlike her, he didnt suppress his grin, and he gave a low laugh. "I think I may like you more than before. Your wise beyond your years." and he didn't fail to notice she had somehow turned his question against him, and had given no definite answer to his.

"Am I a knight or warrior? I'll leave you up to decide, of which part I represent." They both knew, where his words had come from, and although his armour hid his face, it was easy enough to tell, that his feelings were of enjoyment. A thought occured to him, as he asked, "Whether your of royalty or peasantry, and I of Knighthood or warrior, we havent introduced ourselves yet. Pegasusmon, although many refer to me as Pegasus."

CuterThanYou
"Lady Luck," she said curtly, once again bowing her head as she introduced herself. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, dear Pegasus, and I find it neither with dissatisfaction or greed that one could never have enough of the color you possess. As I am, I certainly am not searching for ways to add more color to myself, but should I have more added upon me by means of accessory or however, I would not object. I am quite satisfied with how I am, but rejecting an opportunity before it arose seems quite... silly, to me."

Musing thoughtfully, she nodded her head in agreement, her eyes now having fallen onto the dreadfully heavy looking armor encasing his hooves. "I can certainly see how uncomfortable the pieces may be, but if anything they emphasize your features? In that, I consider that a blessing, not your wealth of possession."

One gold tipped wing rose up and adjusted the crown atop her head, feeling self conscious that perhaps it had tilted itself out of place. "I don't strive to be ordinary, I strive to be myself and should someone not find contentment in that, that is their own burden to deal with." She smiled as he laughed, putting herself more at ease, "I suppose, friend, that it would have to depend on your own demeanor which you would be. Time is the only factor that can help me decide. But, aside from royalty and knightly hood, may I inquire as to your presence in this area? I myself don't know quite where I am, so some assistance would be quite pleasing for a lost mare like myself."

Xaki
"So, in other words, you would not seek it out, but you would certainly not reject it if it was offered to you?" Pegasus repeated thoughtfully. "Alas, that is true. That way of thinking is not common, but neither rare." Privately, he thought that way also, just not when it came to gold, when he had quite enough. "Apologies if I offended you though." His tone was a little lower now, and apologetic. "but when one talks of gold, the word that comes to mind, is often greed. But of opportunities, I'll agree, is a entirely different story."

Lifting a hoof up, he was tempted to tell her, it wasnt uncomfortable, in the least. It just wasnt something that could be taken off or put back on at will. But that information, someone could do without. His thoughts turned back to their current conversation however, and he felt inwardly pleased by Lady Luck's words. "May I return the same compliments to you?" Pegasus said warmly.

Watching her, for a few slight moments, he waited patiently, and replied. "If one finds faults in another for being who they are, then that is certainly their burden, unwarranted or unjustified on the behalf of the other person, I would think. " He had a frown on his face, and snorted.

"Time? Well, we can only hope to figure out who is truly who." Giving an awkward smile, he said "Its best not to ask me. I'm also new here, and would've probably inquired the same question of you, had you not asked first."

CuterThanYou
"No apology is necessary," she insisted, motioning aimlessly in the air with one wing. "Gold is by all means one of the biggest downfalls of the two-legger species...I don't see how it couldn't have the same effect in regards to our kind and the wildlife around us as well."

She preened, delighted with the compliment. This stallion was much more tolerable than that brute Teli was! She would have to introduce the two one day, should she ever decide to allow him back in her good grace's.

"Hm... so you are rather new here as well?" One eyebrow raised as she reexamined their surroundings. "Well then, I wonder which way we should travel, seeing as though I don't think either of us has a place to travel to to being with?"

Xaki
"Quite right." he coughed before continuing, "I could do without meeting those of that sort." He ruffled his wings, and took a few steps around, to further examine their surroundings, his actions repeating that of his companion.

While his eyes scanned, he replied, "Not rather new, but entirely new." His voice rueful. "Your one of the first I've met as of yet." His mind flickered to the thought of the other mare he had met. She wasnt someone that he wanted to meet again. And the land seemed big enough, that chances were low.

"I dont particularly mind where we go. After all if we both came in here, then there must be a way out?" Easier said than done, though, Pegasus thought with disappointment. there were several paths that could lead anywhere, for all he knew. "I'm not sure which is worse. To get lost following instincts, or to simply wander, and lose your path from there." His words were light as he lowered his head, sniffing for any scent that might've led them out of the clearing.

CuterThanYou
"Well isn't that amusing?" she chuckled, shaking her head, "Aside from Teli and that awful gnat, you're the first I've met around these parts myself!"

Her tail swished back in forth with the breeze, gold and black curls swinging gently against one another as she thought aloud. "Well, would we really be lost, if we didn't have a place to go in the first place?" She smiled, amusing herself with her own thoughts, "I suppose we should just start wandering? I doubt we'll be disappointed with our choice of directions, seeing as we've no clue where any of them lead to. And if we don't like where we end up, surely we could just.... change direction again?"

Xaki
"Awful gnat?" He raised an eyebrow. "I assume, that you must not have a fondness for that 'gnat' then." he said chuckling. "But put those thoughts aside for now, seeing as how we're still in a .. odd situation."

He lifted his head, and stepped backwards into a patch of shade, his armour becoming dull and he looked around, intently, searching for something that he might've missed. His mouth opened, as he replied, "True. Staying here, wont do us any good, since we'd be wasting time anyways." His gaze moved from their surroundings to the other mare, and with a smile, said "Ladies first." He gave a slight bow after , and looked expectantly at her, waiting for her decision as which path to choose.

CuterThanYou
"I suppose it isn't exactly a gnat, persay... but the oddest thing. A tiny little horse with butterfly wings! And such a dreadful creature... it seemed the only thing she wanted was to either muss up my hair, or steal my crown and golden feathers."

She gave off a small pout at the memory, then shook her head and rose her head. "But that was then and this is now. And you are right, our situation is rather odd."

Chuckling herself, she bowed her head towards the stallion's own show of respect, and started walking, choosing to take the path to the right, as opposed to the left. Going right when one was lost just seemed... appropriate. After all, they wouldn't have coined such a term as 'right' if it didn't mean something, correct?

"So what are you doing in these lands, Pegasus?" She asked, attempting to bring about a new topic to their friendly conversation.

Xaki
"Anything is possible, even here." He said amusedly, wondering what exactly was the point behind the foal's action. Jealousy perhaps? Giving a glance to the other mare, he supposed that one could be envious, if they were a female.

His thoughts stopped though, as he realized that Lady has chosen her path, and stepped forward to follow her.

Silence dragged on for a few moments, before it was broken by Lady's question, and Pegasus, slightly surprised paused, in his walking.

"What am I doing here?" He repeated, before finally answering "Well, my human, went back to his own world, you see. He told me, that he was unsure whether he'd be coming back." He talked lightly, but there was a wistful tone to it, as he continued "Hearing that, I took upon myself to take a flight, and due to the storm, I was forced to make my way over here." Shaking his head to clear his head, he asked, "Now that I've told you, tell me. Why have you come to these lands?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:59 am
A fated meeting
[ Horses: Helios - Chibiusa and Diana ]

Last Roleplay Date: Sun Sep 23, 2007

Xaki
It was a dark night, but the darkness only served to illuminate the beauty of the night, with its shimmering stars, and the white glow of the crescent moon that had risen tonight. It allowed Helios to fly, in light, without fear of misdirection or predators, that had preyed upon him before. His wings, allowing him to fly in the night sky, was a swift, and silent movement that left no room for others to detect him. For the moment, anyways. Tossing his head, he whinnied, before catching a glimpse of what was below.

Below, was a lake of some sorts, that reflected the moon's reflection, and drawn to it, by a feeling, or perhaps instinct, Pegasus veered off his path, to slowly descend. Descending, his wings were outspread, and slowly they withdrew from the sky, until they were once again, at his sides. His landing was perfect, by anyone's standards, and his hooves digging into the grass, that welcomed him, he looked around, curiously. His white form was of no obscurity, if he didnt stand out already.

CuterThanYou
"Diaaaana, do you even know where we're going?"

Small pink hooves trampled the soft grass as the moonlight streamed overhead onto the land beneath it. The small Usdia was looking around warily at her surroundings, her lavender lion companion right beside her. She didn't know where she was, and she was scared. So many times her mother had warned her about scary creatures that roamed at night, and now that she had gotten herself lost... who knew what would find her!

One dark eyebrow rose as gentle paws kept up with the small horse's pace. "You were the one who started walking this way, Chibiusa, not me." she countered softly, her own eyes darting around at their surroundings. She had known her friend since they were foal and cub, and stuck together through thick and thin. And, well, this was apparently going to be one of those 'thick' times. "So I should be asking you where we are going!"

Xaki
His ears perked, as he heard the sound of approaching footsteps and voices, as he stepped forward from the lake. His mind vaguely registered the voices, and something tugged at the back of his mind, as if he should've recognized the voices. His gaze drifted, until it settled on a path that they would most likely be coming from, judging from the direction that the voices were coming from.

Circling the area, he realized, that he was almost .. eager to talk to the approaching creatures. Frowning in dismay at himself, he wondered, if he should have left. But .. something would not allow him to leave. And he had no doubt, that even if he did, this visit would be inevitable for him.

CuterThanYou

Hurried little legs continued, and Chibiusa briefly glanced down towards her feline companion and then back up again, only to stop dead in her tracks, her pink eyes wide at the sight in front of her.

"What is it, Chibiusa?" Diana asked, worried, as her tracks stopped a little ways further than the small horse's, concern evident in her voice. She wasn't as tough as other lions, but she made it a point to defend her small friend the best she could. Though she wasn't as fearsome as her breathern, Diana was still a lion, and that had to count for something.

"Look!" Chibiusa hissed quietly through her teeth, her stare not leaving the being in front of her. There, standing yards and yards away, stood a stallion, glowing white off of the moonlight's shine. He was a magnificent creature, tall, with big feathery wings and a golden horn. Chibiusa had never seen anything like that before!

Diana turned her head back to where Chibiusa was staring, and her claws retracted at the sudden startle at seeing another being nearby. Was he friend or foe? And had he spotted them? Or would they be able to dash off to the side and out of his vision?

Xaki
Faced away from the small usdia and her companion, Helios slowly turned around, his first initiative was to inquire at the voices, before his mind registered the small frame, and the lavender companion that accompanied it. "We meet again." A smile tugged at his lips, as he approached the small usdia only to kneel down, and continue ".. heir to the Moon Kingdom."

His gaze shifted to Diana, as he silently calculated that Diana must've been watching over her. "Sheathe your claws, Diana. You of all people, should know that I have, and never had, any intention of harming her." His tone was gentle, but firm, and he turned to talk to Chibiusa.

"Why do you wander by yourself, Princess? Where is the Queen? Or the King?"

Xaki

Xaki

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:03 am
Explain this to me ...
[ Horses: Helios - Caine ]

Last Current Roleplay: Sun Sep 23, 2007

Xaki
Helios's hooves sunk into the damp earth, as he wandered under the leaves of the trees that had shielded him from the rain that had come earlier today. his red eyes, glinting as he stepped out from under the trees into the sunlight, wandered, until they settled on a stream that ran through the fields, and appeared, through the land as well. Walking towards it, his head lowered, as he sipped water from the stream that was full, because of the recent rain. In fact, one could say it could overflow, judging from the water that trickled out of the course, and onto the land, where some flowers grew.

Helios, his attention diverted now, picked a flower, and broke the stem gently, wondered if this would perhaps, make a good gift for Chibiusa, when he would meet her again. In his mouth, dangled a light pink flower, accentuating his white body, in the morning daylight.

Meeki
Caine raised his head, squinting his eyes shut as the brightness of the sun blurred his vision. How he hated the sun! He wouldn't let it ruin his good mood though. Today was starting off to be a great day.

The creature at his feet was twitching. It was a repulsive sight to say the least. That was one squirrel that would not be making it home to his family tonight. The pale stallion lowered his head and opened his eyes to stare at the creature for a brief moment before bringing a hoof to crash down on the his face. The sound of the bones crunching was sickening to the little animals hiding nearby, afraid to move lest they be seen and caught as well.

He wiped his hoof on a patch of grass nearby before turning to walk towards the stream. Though the blood quenched a certain thirst he had, he still needed water and solid food to survive. He would need to wash the blood from his muzzle as well as take a bath. He didn't like smelling of blood and decay. It made hunting animals harder because of their keen sense of smell.

Once at the stream, he dunked his face in the water and shook it vigorously, washing the blood from it. Most of his hair managed to get a good washing too. After a few quick gulps he raised his head to look around, his wet hair becoming plastered to his body. What a wild sight he must make.

Nothing seemed out of the ordinary at first but then he realized he was not alone. He would have turned and headed back to the woods if he had not caught sight of the other stallion. Perhaps he could suffer the harshness of the sun for a little while longer.

Xaki
His gaze, lifting from the flower, to the new intruder and stared intently at him. He set the flower down gently, before circling over to him, and eyed his appearance for a few seconds, his composure clam, but inwardly, shaken. Did creatures like this exist? "I suppose there would be.." He murmured to himself, his gaze no longer set on the stallion.

It was vague now, his gaze drifted to the water, but there was hint of red, now diluted, was pink, that carried the scent of only one thing. Blood. Hiz gaze then followed to behind the stallion, from where his path came from, noticing faint footprints of blood.

His path came from the forest, so Helios could only assume, that a poor animal had been the victim. That would explain the silence that had suddenly befallen on the forest. "Perhaps, you had a good meal? I wouldnt say the same for the poor animal though." His voice was disdainful, as he met the gaze of the dripping stallion, who had finally noticed him.

Meeki
"Meal is hardly the appropriate term," Caine stated rather coldly which was natural of him, "More like.. a drink. I find I do not like the taste of meat." Damn, Caine mused, that stallion was bright. Way too bright. While he was pale himself, the other stallion just stood out. Perhaps it was because he had light hair or perhaps it was just how the sunlight fell on his body.

"Don't suppose you would know either way. You don't strike me as the type that would eat flesh or enjoy the taste of blood. Apples and carrots for you, eh?" Caine snickered. The other stallion probably had a group of two-leggers to groom and care for his every needs. He looked damn near perfect. Clean. Was he becoming jealous? Perhaps being alone all the time was starting to affect his state of mind.

Caine decided he would at least try to have fun while he had some company at least. He took a step closer to the other stallion before stating rather bluntly, "You know, if you were a little bit smaller, I do believe you could pass as a mare."

Xaki
"Drink?" He asked skeptically, at the other stallions explanation. "Am I to assume, that perhaps, your drink consists of blood?" As soon as the words left his mouth, he realized that it wasn't a an assumption, but almost a fact. It was odd, to have a thirst for blood, and such a pale complexion, Helios thought trying to place what species that characteristics seemed familiar with.

His mind snapped back, however at the stallions next comment, as he replied, "Why would you gorge on the flesh and blood of another? You unnecessarily sacrifice others to quench your own thirst when a diet that consists of vegetables would do you just fine." he paused, before adding, "or would you like someone to handfeed it to you?" His comments were out of the ordinary, and certainly not in his personality, but Helios couldnt help to reflect, that this stallion struck a chord in him.

Stationary, he met the eyes of the other stallion, and felt a tug of irritation arise at the next comment. "Why, thank you. I'll take that as a compliment." His smile turned to annoyance as he replied. "I believe I could say the same for you, with your long flowing locks, and such a pleasant disposition." His tone was light, but underneath, was a river of sarcasm.

Meeki
"I thirst for water too but I find that blood hits the right spot. I eat vegetables just as often as you, I bet. I have a fondness for blood. It's very sweet and tends to vary in taste based on the animal it comes from." He had a particular fondness for rabbit blood but all had a unique and delicious taste to them. "Besides, what I don't use, the carnivores and birds do. Nothing goes to waste."

"Of course you would. I doubt you could say anything remotely original. I shall become used to hearing my own comments thrown back at me, no doubt." He rather enjoyed baiting the stallion. "You know, I've tried a lot of blood, but I've never tried the blood of my own kind and you're standing there so invitingly."

Xaki
"Ugh." He said under his breath. No doubt it wasn't only the carnivores and birds that would eat the leftovers, but the decaying animals such as worms, maggots, and others would also. It wasn't that he couldn't handle the sight, but given the choice, he'd prefer not to. Reluctantly, he could agree that nothing went to waste, as long as other carnivores existed.

Refusing to verbally agree with the other stallion, he frowned at his comments, his tail swaying in annoyance. He knew better than to answer with another remark, because it would only prologue his visit, and waste both of their times. Especially when they were so obviously different in morals and beliefs. Taking care of what words he used, he replied, "Dont count on changing that 'never' quite yet."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:06 am
Like the one before
[ Horses: Amalthea - Helios ]

Last Current Roleplay: Thu Nov 22, 2007

Ameh
A pale strong white unicorn had only recently traveled to the lakeside, away from the usual conventions of her thriving "homestead". But she never really thought of a place she could have called "home", did she? She was fated to wander for most of her life without company, having little respect for those who were not of her kind. Those she passed by without a word; although there were those at the homestead she could have called a family, she could only tolerate them just enough to allow for occasional visits.

And she lowered her head to the ground, blinking her deep indigo eyes at the water's reflection; her eyes were like the sea itself, swimming in deep memories, thoughts, contemplation. She let her mane wave lightly in the air, getting into her face, for she was lost in thought. It was a dreamy evening turning into night...

Her long, slender tail flicked slightly in the rising moon's light. She knew she would be bothered by no one, and if trouble came, which it rarely did, she would handle... She would handle.

Xaki
Instead of flying -- he had taken the initiative to walk, to explore the new lands, was his thoughts as Helios followed the designated path. In a short space of time, he had already met Chibiusa, and another unicorn, so he had to inquire who the next one he would meet, would be. The land was full of strange mysteries, Helios thought perplexed. His attention was distracted however, as he noticed he would be nearing the end of the path soon, from the tell-tale glow of the setting sun. Tonight would be another lovely night, it seemed.

The thought if anything -- made him just a bit more comforted, as he slowly walked out of the forest path, to meet with a shining lake. "Hm?" he asked outloud, tilting his heading to stare at where he had come. His attention drifted to the ghost white mare -- however, that was only a few feet from himself that stood right before the lake. "Did I interrupt?" His tone was apologetic, as he backed a step, hesitant to approach the mare that stood before him.

Ameh
It took a few moments for the unicorn to register the existence of the male that stood so very close. Apparently, the golden silence dissipated too soon.

She heard an inconsiderate voice break the barrier of the air, and so she calmly turned towards the intruder, but only slightly, revealing but a single side of her face. A pause came as his question did, and she did not know whether to distinguish it as rhetoric or not; of course he had interrupted, there was no question about it.

But, so as to humor him, she replied: "If you did not want to interrupt, then why did you do so?"

And as she eyed him, noticing his cautious steps backwards, she lifted her head so that it wasn't near the ground anymore, thinking, Good, so he knows his place, that he should not get so close...

Xaki
Giving the other soquili a wary look, Helios was almost sure, that not moving closer on his part, was a good move. It was clear on all accounts, that his presence wasn't welcome, but, he was simply not in a mood to move for another soquili's likes, or in this case, her dislike. "I'm sorry to have interrupted." His tone was polite, but that was all. A heavy sigh, escaped him, as he realized what he had gotten himself into. Closing his eyes, forcing himself to relax, "But while I'm here. Lets make the best of it, shall we?" Oh, he had no doubt, that neither of them would make the best of it.

Especially, when he wasn't even being fully acknowledged. "So, may I ask what your name would be?" There was a pause after this question, as Helios blinked once, and then twice. Was this the question he had wanted to ask? He shook his head in a negative shake. "Let me phrase it another way. What should I do, to at least earn your full attention?"

Ameh
At least the thing is sorry that he interrupted... But why is he staying? She questioned herself as she fully turned quite languidly, suddenly realizing that it was the first time she really took a look at the stranger.

She supposed he could have been worse off--he was quite similar to herself in colors; both had horns, and a design right under, and his hair may have been a shade or two more blue and darker than hers. Otherwise, the most blatant thing that separated the two were his horrendous feathered wings. Another one, she thought quietly. But not as ugly as the first one... No, this one yielded far greater beauty than the one named Dorian who called one of his parents a unicorn.

"You try to make the best of this situation by asking for my name... Ha!" she scoffed, wishing to hold back that information for such a being. But she supposed she could entertain him for now. With great ladylike posture, she floated towards the white alicorn, long unicorn tail flowing behind her off the ground with such elegance. "You must excuse me for laughing at your sentiments, but you should never ask a unicorn for their name before they offer it themselves. I am Amalthea. And as to earn my full attention, perhaps you'd do greater to find that out for yourself..."

She stepped closer to the stranger, and seemed to bore into his soul with her half-lidded dark eyes. She was already judging him--a bad habit that won't wear off soon--and then inquired: "What might be your name, dare I ask, winged creature? And what brought you upon this place, at this very moment?" She blinked once quietly as she awaited his answer.

Xaki

Xaki

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:07 am
Our paths will cross
[ Horses: Aruna - Khan and Mushu ]

Last Current Date: Sat Oct 13, 2007

Xaki
Walking, Khan emerged out of a forest, he realized that it was almost sunset. How had he taken so long? At first it had turned to a leisurely walk, and then there were a few forks and turns, and coming back was not quite so easy. Snorting at himself, he started to walk, and asked outloud "How on earth does one get lost of his own doing?." His tone was of disbelief before he stopped his tracks, and realized that if he continued to walk, he would yet again be lost or worse, fall over a cliff.

But the cliff was a vantage point, was it not? Walking over to the edge of the cliff, he could see the rolling hills, the lush greenery, the villages, and various watering places, before placing where he was supposed to go. "All right then."

Awake from his nap, Mushu poked his head out of the saddle pocket, and said "Are we gonna stay here forever? Lets get you moving! You have four-legs, dont you?"

Mila Farrell
Auma had left her parents for the day to wonder along the trails near the forest where she lived. She loved her mother and father dearly; but sometimes she secretly would have liked to take off, like her brother Orlando had. Her mother could be ... overbearing, at times.

The brown-orange female trotted along, lost in the vague notion of freedom, when something ahead catches her attention: a voice.

The words were just barely recognizable. Ears pricked in curiousity, she wondered what kind of being had lost him - or her - self. Auma slows to a walk, muzzle pushing through the bushes, and finds herself almost nose-to-nose with a very black soquili. Hastily, she backs off, throwing up her head in surprise, her braids clacking together. Blue eyes widen in further surprise as she takes in his appearance; she's never seen a soquili with that ... that ... sort of thing on it's back. And in it's mouth. And something red and furry was sticking out of the ... thing on the soquili's back. Was it a parasite? The entire bizarre apparation in front of her is given a blank, and unintentionally rude stare. However did it get that on him ... and however was he going to get it off? Her mind races through the rather boring history of her life, and nowhere can she remember hearing anything about this sort of thing before. How was she supposed to even proceed? "Er ... " She stammers.

Xaki
Khan, glaring at Mushu, was neither looking where he was walking nor paying attention, which resulted in a collision with the other female. Aside from taking a step backward, his composure outwardly was calm. Staring at the female that he had almost collided with, he could imagine the thoughts that went through her head, from the looks of her expression. It was no surprise, to have someone simply stare at him here. "Have you ever heard of a saddle?" Khan said tentatively, hoping to answer some unasked questions. "I believe that you dont have it often here." he grinned, hoping to relieve the other mare's tension -- at least.

"Of all the.." Mushu slammed his head onto his palm in exasperation. "C'mon Crikee! We're going to do some proper introductions for this cow!" He jumped down from his comfortably position and started to approach the other mare "..H--oof!"

Khan, still grinning, had a slightly irritated look to his face as he grinded Mushu under his hoof. "Dont mind him. It seems that he hasnt learned any manners." He glared at the red ferret (dragon?) before remembering his manneres and asked, "My name is Khan, and this is Mushu. Who are you, if you dont mind me asking?"

Mila Farrell
Her expression was so obvious that it doesn't really startle her when he remarks on it; but beneath that fur, she would be blushing a fierce shade of red in embarassment. She must've looked ridiculous. "Erm - I don't think so," she stammers out, then considers the question again, more logically. "Er ... well, maybe? What's a Sad Dle?" She knows what being sad is, obviously, but she's never heard of a 'dle.' Maybe it was a soquili's name? Somehow, though, because of the way the stallion says it, she has a feeling it's an object. Maybe it's the red fuzzy thing that's popping out of the .. equally odd ... stuff on his back. In any case, the red fuzzy thing doesn't look sad. In fact, it looks distinctly annoyed. She watches in perplexion as the creature is squashed by Khan's hoof, but turns her attention to the stallion instead, giving Mushu a glance now and again, as if uncertain what to make of him.

"Oh - no, I mean, I'm Auma. Please to meet you Khan and - " she hesitates only for a second - "Mushu. What's a cow?" she asks, genuinely curious, and hoping she doesn't sound too ignorant.

Xaki
"Sad.. dle?" Khan said perplexed, before realizing what she had meant. "Well its a .. accessory that allows humans to ride." Khan trailed off, before lifting his hoof up from Mushu. "Behave now." He said under his breath, as a warning to the small ferret.

Mushu grumbled, "Oh sure! Talk to the female!", as he slithered up into the saddle pocket, from where he came from. It seemed that all was at peace -- until Mushu stuck out his head, "But dont you slap me around no more!" and he slid back into with a distinct hmph!

Khan, watching the small ferret, relaxed, and turned around to the female once again. "Auma, you said? I'm sorry that you had to hear that conversation." His tone was apologetic, but at Auma's next question, he had a blank look. Mushu was going to get some talking, after he was done with this female, Khan vowed.

"Lets move on to another subject, shall we?" Khan turned away, laughing nervously. "Like what are you doing here for instance? Wandering? Fresh air?"

Mila Farrell
"Oh," is all she can reply, doubtful for a moment. Her mother had drilled into her that humans were 'bad things,' but Auma had never actually seen one, nor had she any reason to think they even existed up until this point. They were more bogeymen than anything, and as she had grown older, she figured they were a way for her mother to have some control over her excitable foals. Apparently, they do exist; either that, or Khan is crazy, which is doubtful.

She watches, again in great curiousity, as Mushu disappears into the saddle flap again, her ears perked.

"Sorry if I upset ... er, him," she said uncertainly, peering back at Khan. She hadn't had much practice dealing with other cultures, and trying to have a conversation with a different species was pretty extreme. Perhaps Khan keeps him around for company, like her brother and his lame wolf, Orlando?

Mentally filing the word 'cow' away to bring up with the next soquili she met, she nevertheless accepts with good grace the change in topic. "Mostly. Trying to figure out what to do on a sunny afternoon. Escaping family for a bit." A brief flicker of a frown darts across her features. "And Ma thought she smelled some wolves in the area a week ago, so I guess I decided to scout it out a little, too." Now that she mentions it, the idea had been lurking in the back of her mind for the past few days; her parents would not approve, of course, which made Auma feel terribly guilty, but she had been curious about seeing them herself.

"You haven't smelled any around here, have you? And - if you don't mind me asking - what're you doing out here?" Maybe he was a traveler, with some stories to tell. Her family rarely got visitors, so newcomers in the area were always rather welcome.

Xaki
"Not at all. I think he's more upset at me -- than you. So dont feel bad on his account." Khan said, giving a glance to the saddle pocket, where it laid still.

Relieved at the change of topic, as he didnt want to discuss what a cow was, answered "Escaping for a bit? I'd break away, if I were you." He raised an eyebrow at both her actions and the next comment. Frowning now, he asked perplexed, "Wolves? Then should a female like yourself really be scouting? It looked like wandering to me." He shrugged, before adding hastily, "Not that I dont think females are lower in any way but .." He trailed off, hoping the silence would convey what he could not.

"But while we're on the topic. I havent, so far" His tone was doubtful, as he tilted his head to view their surroundings. "What am I doing here? I suppose you could say, wandering on my side. Its nothing similar to your story though." He shrugged, with an air of indifference. "Since there's nothing to tie me or my furry friend here." He paused to look at Mushu. "We go as we like, and please." He peered back at Auma, before asking thoughfully, "I hope you dont mind, but care to tell me why a full grown mare such as yourself, still live under her parents? Most mares that I know would have seperated from their parents long ago. Some for freedom, and others for different reasons."

Mila Farrell
Hmm. Friends must get that way, she decided. But if they'd been journeying together for awhile, they probably had gotten on one another's nerves at least once or twice; she got along well with her parents and siblings, and they certainly got on her nerves sometimes, if not often.

A little bit of her mother must lurk somewhere in Auma's soul, for she gives a quiet but indignant snort at the suggestion that scouting for predators was a poor idea. "I can take care of myself," She responds, adding, "I know about wolves, and I wasn't planning on taking any idiotic risks. Just out ... looking, for a bit." In reality, she's never faced a wolf that wasn't lame and had soquili written off the 'Things to Eat' list, but she certainly wasn't going to admit that now. She's of the firm belief that wolves went for the sick and infirm or very young, and she didn't fit in any of those categories.

Auma's ears perk forward at his next words. "Really?" She mules the words and concept around in her mind. "You've ... gotten to see some interesting bits of the world then, right? And you've had contact with - " her muzzle folds over the slightly unfamiliar word - "humans?"

"It must be hard not to have a home to go home to, though" she adds, almost without thinking. "Why I stay ... mostly because they're, well, my family, I guess. I've never had a reason to leave." Her ears flatten slightly. "I don't really know anyone else. It seems like it'd be fun if you have a companion, but wouldn't you get ... well, lonely?"

Xaki
Snorting, he looked skeptically, at the mare's apparent words of defense. "All right, if you say so." His tone was mocking, but inwardly, he felt a tug of annoyance. Didnt she realize the danger? Hadn't she heard of anything? Feeling a nudge at his side, he turned around, away from the mare with a frown on his face. It appeared Mushu had noticed his unusual agitation. Composing himself, he turned around to face the mare.

Biting back a reply, to the other mare, he decided to drop the subject. If she wanted to put herself in danger, sobeit. She had family to protect her after all. At the very most, if he had any intentions of helping, he would be as useful as a stick or a rock. How ironic, he thought humorlessly to himself.

Moving on to her next comment, he relaxed and replied, "Those humans that you seem to have no knowledge of, are far nicer than they seem." His tone coming out surly, but with the topic of humans on hand, he was slowly cheering up. It was hard for him to understand why others had such misconceptions about them.

"Eh. We could always settle down, with a nice wife and kids and have a home. But whats the fun in that?" He winked. "I would rather be free, doing as I wish here and there." He pondered her question of loneliness before answering thoughtfully "How could I be lonely? Aside from that word not being part of my vocabulary, I have the opportunity to meet others.." Grinning brightly, he enjoyed the breeze, before turning around to ask, "After all, I wouldnt have been able to meet you, right?"

Mila Farrell
Her ears flatten a little at the obvious mockery, and her gaze stiffens - she's still a fairly young soquili, and the words hurt - but in the next moment it's clear she's chosen to ignore it, letting out the anger with a short swish of her tail.

"Ahh ... " She murmurs. "I've never met any, so how would I know?" She's not certain they are, from what her mother says; then again, perhaps they're like soquili ... some good, some bad. She's never met any really bad soquili, having lived quite the sheltered life, but she's heard rumors. "They're like ... bird-things without wings, or feathers or fur, right?" That was about as close as her mother could describe them to her: creatures that moved like birds, almost all the time, with paws that could do magical things.

She shakes her head, wistful but not convinced. "As appealing as that is ... I guess I'd miss home if I left it. It's wonderful to wake up and know every inch of the land you live in, wake up to the same faces and creatures you know well ... not having to wonder where your next meal will come from or if you're going to come into contact with any dangerous soquili." Of course, that could happen here; but it's hard to imagine, in this little quiet part of the world. She smiles, more genuine. "I guess I'm just a homebody."

Xaki
"Ehh?" he looked surprised. ".. What exactly is your Mother describing?" he asked wryly. "Because I fear, if thats her description with humans, she has the same limited knowledge that you do, or heard it from a person with half a brain." He succumbed to a fit of laughter, before looking at Auma through tear-stained eyes. "Excuse me, but thats the first time someone's ever told me that." Turning around, he trotted to the edge of the cliff, to gaze at the landscape that it offered. "I'll agree that their without wings, feathers of fur, but birdlike? Simple, two leggers that have the tools at their disposal to create more than we'll ever will." His voice was tinted with a bit of admiration, as he turned back around to Auma.

Continuing the train of conversation, he asked "Homebody? Well, you'll never know, people change in time." Smiling at her, with more warmth, he seemed to be lost in thought for a few moments at her words. His voice turned abrupt and serious, "..But my guess is that you've never had the opportunity to wander. I don't know about you, but it appears to me, that your following in your mother's footsteps. Like only one path is open to you." Staring, he trotted closer to her and asked, "Whether or not you had choices and chose this path, have you ever taken a step down the others?" His jade eyes met with the other's mare eyes, before he fell back, with a quick change of relaxed and carefree tone. "Not that it makes a difference to me."

Mila Farrell
Unfortunately, poor communication in the form of a sort of game of 'telephone' has resulted in the ... unusual description. Her tail swishes again, in part annoyance at her own ignorance. "That's just what she said. They were always on the move, like birds." But Khan clearly admires these furless, featherless beings. She supposes they'd have to be pretty intelligent, to have been born without the gods' grace allowing them decent covering from the elements.

She laughs, but his next words do really make her wonder. Was it so glorious, traveling on the wind? He's right in one thing: she's never tried it, so she's never really known. But ... "Same could be said for you." She tilts her head to the side, considering him. There was something about that last statement ... On a whim, and only half-joking, she grins and offers: "I'll try wandering a bit if you stay in one place for awhile."

After all, her parents would let her go; they had let her brother go.

Xaki
"She's right about that." Khan said chuckling. "Although I cant blame your poor mother for thinking that. They do seem odd at times. Especially from a outsider's view." Noticing her annoyance, Khan laughed inwardly. It was inevitable for a meeting between Humans and Soquili, considering the growing numbers of both species. Maybe then, Auma would become more knowledgeable on the subject. He should've told her that, but it was much more fun watching Auma's reaction, then to tell her the truth.

At her next words, he replied "Sorry to disappoint you darling." Khan drawled out, "But I've had my fair share of a homebody life." He tossed his mane before continuing "Aside from that, it wont nearly be as fun if I had to stay at home. I mean, what could possibly result from staying in one place?" He gave Auma a lazy grin that belied anything but lazy. "But if I were to accompany you, for say -- a short while? That'd certainly be fun." He leaned back against a tree, "How about it, Auma?" He deliberately raised his eyebrow, clearly expecting a no. But perhaps, she wouldn't disappoint him, Only she would tell.

Mila Farrell
Less inclined to be defensive because of Khan's casual reaction, Auma relaxes, able to see some of the humor involved. Perhaps she didn't know near enough about two-leggers as the stallion did; ah, well. She hadn't had plans to actually meet one of them, but now ... that might be inevitable. She peers at him curiously.

His rhetorical question nags at her. She has a feeling that there's a good answer to that, but ... she's too young to put it into the appropriate words. She wouldn't have lived it if she hadn't thought it was better, right? It stood to reason. Having a home was ... well, home. But he'd probably just laugh it off. The dark stallion seemed to be at home wherever he went. He certainly appeared comfortable enough here; if their roles were switched, she'd be stammering something fierce.

"Well - ah, okay," she agrees without even really considering it deeply, too surprised at his taking the previous statement at face-value. There's a second immediately after she's said it that she really wonders if she's going to regret it. But too late now, she'd just look like a dolt if she took it back. An ear flicks silently back toward her 'home,' then back to him. "Er - where are we going first?"

Xaki
His eyes widened as he chuckled to himself. Why, Auma was certainly full of surprises, but, it wasnt to say that Auma wasn't having second thoughts.

He quirked his eyebrow, and in an effort to lighten her mood, he said, "Ease up. I wouldn't take a mare such as yourself for a month or something. Why, I even believe that you'll be back here, safe and intact by the end of the day." He advised. After all, it would be beneficial on both sides. Auma would be with her family, and he wouldnt have a tagalong on his journey. Mushu was enough. ".. and I dont think you have to inform your family. After all you've already disappeared, to look for coyotes?" It was phrased as a question, but moreso a statement. "An hour, or a day, wont make a difference if your already gone." There was a wry tension about him, as he gave a charming grin to Auma. "Right?"

"Now, where would you like to go? Its your day out after all." His tail swayed about him, in enjoyment, and his demeanor almost belied a childish side to him. "Is there anywhere you've wanted to visit? See? As long as it isnt too far, I wont have any complaints."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:10 am
Drifting Leaves
[ Horses: Kal - Helios ]

Last Current Roleplay: Sun Nov 04, 2007

Grey Dragon
Since his encounter with the kalona, Kal had taken to wandering aimlessly during the days, musing over what had happened and what he had been told afterwards. Somehow he needed to learn to be brave, but how did one learn something like bravery without anyone to teach them?

This day he found himself wandering back to the small river where he had first met the kalona. Perhaps it was foolish, but the autumn leaves were falling now, and the sun was bright through the gaps in the vibrant forest canopy, and the rocky riverside looked almost like a different place entirely. A light, crisp breeze blew sporadically and sent leaves drifting to the ground, quite unlike the cold, damp wind that had blown in the eve of that storm. Kal lowered his head to take a drink as he tried to find some sort of reconciliation for this place, and more importantly, how he had fled in fear instead of standing and defending himself.

Xaki
Letting his wings fold in, Helios slowly descended from the skies to the ground, finding himself stumbling in the landing. "Eegh." he said, frowning to himself. Usually, he was perfect. Perhaps there was something wrong, today? Or was it a case of overblown proportion? The mind, and the instincts were certainly two different things.

Disregarding the issue, he relaxed, finally noticing another soquili a mere few meters away. He raised an eyebrow. How had he not noticed him before? or did the other one like to remain silent? His eyes trailed down the other soquili, noticing the autumn leaves that had seemed to sprinkle over his coat. Nature was also kind to him, allowing the rest of his body to match the season of autumn. Quirking an eyebrow, he said mildly amused, "Why, Hello there."

Grey Dragon
The last time he had been in this place Kal had been frightened and hunted, so perhaps it was only logical that he startled and nervously pranced away from the sounds of the newcomer's arrival. His head whipped up and for a second he regarded the other stallion with wide, frightened eyes. This one was definitely not a kalona, not with those feathery wings and shiny horn, and although his tail was not the same Kal could not mistake the white stallion for anything but an alicorn like himself.

"H-hello," Kal stammered nervously, trying to regain outward composure while his mind raced. If it had been a kalona, he would certainly have been a coward and run again... With the way his small body trembled and the way his heart pounded, he would have run.

Xaki
Drawing his eyebrows together, in puzzlement at the other soquili, Helios remained silent. He gazed at the other soquili, intently, wondering why he had invoked such a reaction. As far as he knew, he hadn't done anything that would be spread far and wise, especially to a stranger. Much less, something fearful. Watching the soquili trying to regain his composure, he decided to make some small talk. "Why the stammer?" Helios raised an eyebrow. "Did I surprise you? Or are you going to say, I resemble something from your nightmares?" He feigned a sigh. "I muchly prefer to inhabit dreams, not nightmares. But forgive me if I'm wrong, if there is another reason why you seem frightened?" The soquili's frame was shaking, as if he was covered in snow. But that surely wasn't the case, on such a sunny day. He still couldn't fathom the reason for the other soquilis fear.

Grey Dragon
Kal quickly lowered his head in embarrassment. "I-I'm s-sorry, I-I st-st-stutter when I-I'm n-nervous." The more anxious he got, the worse his stutter always was, and being asked about it by a stranger so soon after his scare was certainly anxiety provoking. He forced himself to calm down a bit. This stallion was insightful, which in a way was frightening, but he was no kalona. "I-I th-thought you were... s-someone else."

Xaki
Feeling pity on the other soquili, Helios lowered his voice, and made an effort to make it soft. "It's all right. Stutter if you wish. It was just a minor curiosity on my part." Walking closer to the stream, he took a drink of water to satisfy his parched throat. Lifting his head up afterwards, "I was someone else? Quite obviously, that someone else wasnt someone you wanted to see again. Judging from your stammer, I'm guessing." It was possible after all, he had heard rumors of other breeds that overpowered alicorns such as themselves. Had that happened to the other stallion? He wanted to ask, but judging from this soquili, the question could just possibly, make him drop dead. He mused a smile at the thought, chuckling.

Grey Dragon
Kal made a tiny nod. The other alicorn's softer tone and non-judgmental attitude did wonders to sooth his anxiety. He stepped back towards the river and took a sip to wet his throat and possibly get rid of some of the tightness that was making him afraid to speak. Once he felt a bit better he glanced up, although not high enough to meet the other stallion's eyes. "I-I m-met a kalona, here. L-last time."

Xaki

Xaki

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:12 am
... What the hell is that thing on your body, Stallion?
[ Horses: Zaicate - Khan ]

Last Current Roleplay: Thu Nov 15, 2007

Caitlyn Hellstorm
Zaicate stood near the forest line, looking downright miserable because Shizuka went off to spend time with his family and her family is hanging around Tic and the newborn foals. So this mare is very bored and is in sour mood so she walked across the meadow at the leisurely pace because she is in no hurry to get anywhere at the moment. The weather is becoming colder and hostile with every passing moon and it is not helping Zaicate's mood at all because she hates cold weather and the fact that she will get thick coat out of this.

"I need something to do." Zaicate mutters out loud as she looks around before she bent her head down to lip at some of the grass. A puff of air drifts away from her nose as she shivers violently then she mutters something unlady-like under her breath about the weather.

Xaki
Letting his gaze drift, almost lazily over his surroundings, Khan walked on the path that would inevitably lead him to somewhere. If there was one thing he learned, there was always a way in to a way out. If that made any sense, perhaps.

"Hey! Are you daydreaming there?" Mushu exclaimed in his loud voice as always.

"Lower your voice. You'll disturb the other animals here." Khan said, only mildly trifled.

"Well, they should be paying attention to ME. I saved China, remember?" Mushu puffed out his chest, proudly, for all the world to see.

"Yeah, yeah." Khan snorted, and rolled his eyes. He had heard this all before. No doubt Mushu loved to say it. Continuing to walk, he ignored Mushu's further rambling, quite unaware of the new meeting that would take place.

Caitlyn Hellstorm
Two different voices reaches to Zaicate's ears but they are muffled and she couldn't make out the words. Her ears pins back against her head in annoyance because this is one of those times where she want to be fully hearing instead of struggling to hear everything that is being spoken or hearing the 'music' of the nature. Zaicate turns around calmly as she could see the stallion approaching them with an interesting looking creature that is following Khan. "......" She stares at the things that is on the stallion's back, truely baffled by this. "Erm.."

Xaki
Conversing with Mushu, he strolled into the meadows, his attention suddenly diverted to someone, or something else. "Eh?" he asked, in confusion. A black soquili, with the appearance of red cracks running through her.

"Heeeey! Are you listening .." He trailed off, realizing what Khan had seen.

"Why. Its a surprise to meet you?" Khan had a questioning lilt to his tone. "I do hope that my friend and I have not bothered you?" Waiting for an answer, he studied the mare, finally realizing what her attention was focused on. Ah, another typical soquili. It was to be expected, he supposed. But he was disinclined to answer her question unless she asked, so he leaned back with a knowing grin at the mare.

Caitlyn Hellstorm
Zaicate arches her eyebrow at the odd creature that trailed off as they both spotted her. She just merely purses her lips as she didn't reply for few minutes before she shrugs slightly. "I guess so.. but what is your friend?" She looks at Mushu in distaste then her eyes moves back to Khan's tack. Zaicate just merely dipped her head slightly to the ground and lips at the grass because she is not sure how to react to the thing on his back.

"I think you probably gotten this question alot but.. what the heck is that thing on your back, stallion?" Zaicate arches her eyebrow at him as she wonders how it is possible for the tack to be comfortable on his body without him noticing.

Xaki
"One question at a time." Khan said cheerfully, "I'm not a multi-tasker, so you'll have to excuse me, then." Nudging Mushu forward, "This is my Mushu, my furry friend. I assume that you've seen others that have furry friends?" Circling the mare, slowly he continued "Now onto the other question. Your not the first to have asked, nor are you the last." He glanced back at his saddle, before looking thoughtful. "Now, how do I explain? Short and sweet, is that this is a saddle. For human use, I mean." Arching an eyebrow at the other female in return to her, he decided that he didn't like this female. It wasn't his preferred type of companionship, but he had to make do. "Now that I've answered your questions, let me ask one of my own. What's your name?"

Caitlyn Hellstorm
Zaicate stares at Khan, completely taken back by his cheerful tone and she just merely scowls temporarily at him. She looks at Mushu weirdly as she prods at the ferret. "Why does it have two... things coming out of his mouth?" She mutters half to herself before she looks not surprised that she is not the first and certainly won't be the last to ask the question about the thing on his body. ".....you let a human ride on you.. are you insane, stallion?" She spat with venom as she stares at him. "I am Zaicate.. any more questions?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:15 am
Subtle and Splash
[ Horses: Raphael - Helios ]

Last Current Roleplay: Sat Nov 10, 2007

Cajmera
It was a crisp fall afternoon, the sort of afternoon where there is bright sunshine and a brilliant blue sky but the temperature felt like some early onset of winter trying to make a sneak appearance. However, the wind was mild in spite of its bite, and all in all it was a pleasant day. Before too much longer there'd be snow, and then those Soquilis that loathed the cold would be looking back on days such as this with longing, not the loathing they currently regarded the day with.

And then there were the Soquilis that were determined to appreciate each bit of warm weather for as long as such hints lasted, whether by basking in the sunlight, frolicking in the meadows, or doing whatever came first to mind. In the case of Raphael...that thing was flying.

High in the air, the blue stallion flew along with the grace of a swan, his large wings easily carrying him through the air. Sunlight sparkled on his blue body, highlighting every single fleck of gold, and making him stand out like a beacon to anyone that happened to be looking up. But he didn't care; all that mattered at the moment was he himself and his enjoyment of a beautiful autumn day.

Xaki
Flying at his own leisure; Helios could almost smell the scent of winter coming on. For now, it would be sunny, and green, but already, the temperature had taken a drop, and the early winds of winter were making their way towards here. It wasn't an inconvenience however, a bite here and there. If anything, he enjoyed the cool air on a sunny day.

He enjoyed the changing of seasons, not particularly attached to any. All had their points, good and bad, thus he liked to enjoy each season to its maximum.

Leveling himself in the air, he had a graceful posture, his wings gliding over the wind. The appearance of Helios, a white body, clad with a light blue curly mane, often made him blend into the clouds, and the skies. His horn however, reflected the sunlights light well enough. Needless to say, he hadn't noticed the blue soquili, almost shimmering from the sun's reflection flying towards him, since he himself was preoccupied with the thoughts of the upcoming season.

Cajmera
The fact that the other stallion hadn't noticed Raphael was hardly something the blue stallion would have been in arms about, even if he was aware that the other stallion was even around. Raphael himself was oblivious to anyone's presence but his own, flying along at a brisk pace and enjoying the sensation of sunshine on his dark hide.

However, one thing that he was ALSO aware of was his own building thirst, a thirst that was directly responsible for a sudden and abrupt change of direction on Raph's part.

Spying a blue streak on the ground below, Raphael realized with a grin that it had to be a stream; perfect time to rest the wings and cool the lungs, all at once! That in mind, he reacted almost instantly, pulling in his wings and diving down to the ground below.

Xaki
His attention was diverted from his thoughts, as he spotted Raphael out of the corner of his eye. Of course, in his view, all he saw was a blue object dropping from the sky. Mildly curious, but not nearly enough to attempt to chase it, he flew on, before he noticed a blue stream that went throughout the valley.

Feeling thirstier, Helios chuckled. He supposed that having some water would not hurt, especially if he had time to spare. Retracting his wings inside, he took a slow dive to the ground below, landing with a graceful posture. A graceful posture in the other soquili's landing spot, it might have seemed. Unaware that the blue object that he had seen might've been a soquili, he felt his gaze roam the river, with a peaceful tranquility.

Xaki

Xaki

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:42 am
I hate your guts. So spill it out.
[ Horses: Septimus - Kouga ]

Last Current Roleplay: Thu Nov 22, 2007

Xaki
It was the season where everything would soon be covered in a blanket of snow, and festivities would begin. Oh how she enjoyed the winter season very much.

Walking along a path paved with soft dirt, she no doubt had the image of a clam serene mare. She had learned, in her free time, how to perfect that technique. But fortunately, or unfortunately for others, it was hard to say, she had an entirely different personality.

She walked out into an empty clearing that was filled with the early morning dew, and taking a deep breath, she grinned. There was nothing much like the calming quiet of early morning. Pre-occupied with humming a song to herself, she started to dance her hooves to the rhythm, her hair swaying gently, her feathers floating on the wind, with as much grace as a ballerina.

CuterThanYou
He was beginning to smell musty, thanks to the cramped little cave he shared with his wolf brethren. As a foal, the cave had seemed HUGE, but now that he was a grown stallion, it seemed lacking in size. Not that it mattered, hey, he was a free horse and could do whatever he wished to do, but he preferred to stay within the closure and company of his pack. They looked after him, and he looked after them. It was an odd enough relationship, wolves raising something they'd typically pick off and eat, but he hadn't been a regular foal. And, with time and training, he'd become one of the pack.

Feeling lazy and a bit bored, he made his way out into the chilly open air, taking in a deep breath with his lungs. Today would be a good day, he could just feel it!

Xaki
As the song was coming towards the end, she felt refreshed, and more lively than she remembered. Coming to a stop, she collapsed with an exhausted grin. Tiring, but worth it. Now all she needed was a moment or two to catch her breath again.

Feeling lazy. she flopped her head down amidst a furry patch of grass, with a content sigh. No matter what anyone else thought, solitude was one of the most enjoyable things in life. Much better than pesky company, she believed. Letting her gray eyes come to a close, she laid there thinking, and enjoying the sounds of morning. The movements of smaller animals, the birds chirping, that sort of thing. Of course, if anyone would happen to come onto her, she would look, well. dead.

CuterThanYou
Gazing off into the area around the cave, it wasn't long before blue eyes fell upon an odd coloring laying amidst the grass in the distance. It was too early and warm to be a patch of snow, and the weather had been too dry for it to be a puddle of water. Not to mention the black specks scattered across it.

Curious, he took a short leap off the boulder on which he'd been standing on in front of the cave, and made his way towards the odd figure. He wasn't concerned it was anything harmful, from the light snowy blue coloring and lack of movement, but he remained cautious, all the same. One could never be too careful, after all.

Xaki
Her body laid limp , as her silver eyes appeared listless. Appeared being the magic word. All at once, a brown figure seemed to appear in her view, as she blinked. Eh? Her head shot up, since she couldn't fathom why a figure was coming towards here. But it wouldn't do for an unsightly mare. Dragging herself up, she could make out a silhouette of one like her. A soquili.

As he came closer, she identified it as a male. There were vast differences in a male's rigid structure, and the mare's gentle one. An odd coloring of sorts, he appeared to be not only brown, but also has. what did they call it? Oh, clothing attached! Why, that was certainly a first.

Curiosity overwhelmed her instead of fear, as she waited for him to come to her.

CuterThanYou

Well, at least he knew the creature was alive now.

He paused in his trot, watching the braided head rear up and turn to look towards him. She, as it appeared to be a mare, must have heard his approach by the sound his heavy hooves made against the ground. She was very delicate in appearance, this female, so he made no attempt to rush on further, should he by chance startle her any more than he already had.

"Good day, Lady." he spoke, the tone of his voice low, "Is everything alright?"

Xaki

At least he was identifiable as a soquili, she supposed.

Where had he come from? She hadnt even noticed him, but she wasnt paying attention, was she? Well, that was what she would get. Next time, she would have to be more circumspect in where she went.

"Why would everything not be all right?" She said lifting her head proudly. "Unless you are referring to me lying down? I had some." She paused, wondering how to describe her earlier events. What he didnt know wouldn't hurt him, she decided. "Some strenuous activity." She finished up. "I'm sure you've had that at one time or another." She added sweetly, with all the skills as an actor she could give.

CuterThanYou

"You seemed pretty dead to the world, so I assumed it was just another carcass in the grass." he shrugged, casting off the response as if it were no big deal finding a dead body lying around. He lived with wolves... he was used to that sort of thing.

One brown eyebrow rose at her phrasing of her excuse, and a small smirk began to form across his face. She was pretty in appearance, he'd admit to that, with her fair skin and coloring, but Kouga would have never pinned her as being such an... easy catch, at first glance.

"Strenuous activity, huh?" He laughed, stepping ever so closer towards the other Soquili, his blue eyes examining her from head to hoof. "So, what you're saying is, you just got done mating, then?"

He glanced about, half-expecting to see a stallion lying on the ground nearby, just as he had found her.

CuterThanYou
He paused in his glancing about, and the smirk grew wider as his head turned back to face hers. "Touchy little thing, aren't you?"

Still grinning, he bent one knee and dipped his head respectfully. "The name's Kouga. And, since you asked, I just woke up from a nap, Lady. There's wolves that live around here, so it's not unusual for them to catch and kill something in this area. Now... leaving some plump blue meat still on the bones, now that is unusual, and thus I trotted out here to investigate. You understand my logic, I'm sure."

He gave her a wink, then began circling the huffy mare. "A whore's only one who gives herself out to many stallions. I never suggested you had been with multiple mates, but you're beginning to put the idea in my head." Grinning, he finished his circling and examining and met her silver eyes with his blue ones. "So... if you weren't mating then, what were you doing that was so strenuous?"

Xaki
"Any female with a shred or reputation would be touchy, if you had said that to them." She retorted. Oh how she wanted to wipe that smirk off his face.

Staring stormily at the stallion, she doubted that anything was respectful about this stallion. "I can defend myself perfectly fine, even against wolves." __ "And aside from that, what would you have done? Eaten my remains even further? Dont bother with it. I wouldn't taste good anyways." No, she would not and probably wouldnt ever understand his logic.

Her silver eyes, stormy with more than annoyance now, gave a glare to the other stallion, making not attempt to disguise her anger. "Oh I didnt put it in your head. I have no doubt that it was already in your head, when you came here."

Diverting her head from the stallion's next question, she answered "I have no obligation to answer the likes of you." She gave him a scathing look, lifting her head and meeting his gaze, "But yet again. It was nothing of the sort that a male like you were thinking of."

CuterThanYou
He laughed, enjoying how vocal and high-strung this female seemed to get over his comments towards her. But then again, most females were a headache to deal with, so he shouldn't have expected anything better of her.

"Would they be, now?" He asked, attempting to sound innocent, though his face clearly showed otherwise, "And of course I wouldn't have eaten you. There's far too much fat than actual good meat on those bones of yours, Lady."

He was back to smirking now, knowing full well he was only egging her on at this point. It was fun, though, to see the shocked and angered expressions she made. Definitely kept the day from growing duller.

"No... you don't have any obligation to answer me... but until I can get an excuse that makes sense, it'll only seem like you are indeed attempting to hide the fact you just got done mating. I bet that's why you're so flustered... you're upset because I guessed, aren't you, Lady?"

Xaki
She sighed, wondering if the stallion derived amusement from her actions. He probably did, much to her discontent. Were males always this way? or was just this one? Dreadful.

"If I'm fat, then I assure you, that isnt muscle but obesity upon layers and layers of fat lying on your bones right there." She huffily took a breath. There was no doubt, that he was egging her on, and her figure simply did not look like that. It could not look like that, if one was a herbivore. It was LOGIC, after all. "Your the one that eats meat, not me, thus by the rule of fatness and obesity, one cannot become fat if they are a herbivore."

"With that type of personality, I do wonder why nobody has castrated your part." She lifted her head, and gave him a haughty look. "I'm flustered, because a total stranger mind you, with horrible manners thinks I just finished a mating, DUE to the fact there is no evidence. Why should I not be flustered?" She finished up, raising an eyebrow at the other stallion. "How do you not have a female upset? If there is, introduce me. I do believe, she needs some sense knocked into her." .. She was silent for a few moments before realizing, if she didnt clear his misconceptions, both of their times would be wasted. "And for your information. I was dancing before you came upon me. Is that so uncommon?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:45 am
Are you of any interest to me?
[ Horses: Septimus - Ferarro ]

Last Current Roleplay: Fri Nov 23, 2007

Xaki
Walking along the side of the river, all could be heard was the trickling of water. Well, of course then. It was the middle of the night after all. But the moon that was now reflected in the water's gaze provided more than enough light. Why, it was a full moon. One could almost see everything being illuminated in its light, including Septimus herself. Of course, Septimus's serene winter blue body was as gorgeous, as always.

She gazed into the water for a few moments, before look satisfied with her reflection, and continued the slow steps along the path of the river, no doubt, was leading her somewhere.

Sukkubus
Wanderlust had chased him like hounds at his heels that night, and no matter how much he had shifted in the thicket of his bed, he could not sleep.

And so he ran. He ran from the small copse of trees where he had made his bed, and galloped across the rolling planes outside of the forest. He ran until his legs screamed for mercy, and ran until his body ached – but the pain was glorious. It made him feel liberated, and for a moment – if only for a moment – he believed that if he ran just a little faster, the wind would pick him up and carry him away.

His black form glistened like polished ebony, beads of sweat collecting at his flanks, but he refused to stop. Though his mane tangled and caught, his hooves continued to beat the ground.

Not even the river slowed him.

He crashed through it with a clatter of hooves, tearing through the late night silence like a freight train. Only when he got to the other side did he pause, mane heavy with water and body dripping with a soft pitter-patter in harmony with the river. Ferrao tossed his mane and stood there, legs trembling, body heaving.

He gave his ears a noncommittal flick and lifted his head, jerking backwards and nearly into the river when he finally spotted Septimus.

“Y-you…!” he began, laughing with a bit of a hysterical note. “Scared me! I apologize if –“

His words trailed off, thought unfinished.

Xaki
Septimus walked along, in silence, her grey eyes widening as there were sounds of another approaching creature. First were the sounds of running footsteps, and then a large splash that seemed to echo so many times more in the silence of the night.

She was faced with another black stallion water-drenched, she wasnt sure if it was from the river or the stallion's accumulated sweat, but did it really matter?

Taking amusement in the stallion's reaction to her, that slowly changed to annoyance, she answered "I -- scared you? I must say the same thing about you." her eyes stared at the other figure scowling, "You come out of nowhere, running and splashing for what reason, only god knows compared to I." She raised her eyebrow. "Walking quietly along minding my own buisness. Lets see which one sounds worse?"

"but you apologized, so it makes it all worthwhile." Her tone changed to cheerful, as she circled the stallion, her grey eyes silently assessing the new stranger.

Sukkubus
His mouth opened and closed as he searched for words he did not find in attempts to defend himself in front of her accusations. But instead he stood there looking all the more like a fish out of water, not so much because he was soaking wet, but because his jaw was moving and nothing came out. His gave his tail a flick, or tried, but it was too loaded down with water to move much if at all.

“I didn’t mean to…interrupt your walk,” he bit out, ears twitching back with a sprinkle of water. He gave his head a bob, but his wet mane refused to budge and only clung to his face all the more. Way to look regal, Ferrao.

He shied away from her sudden change of mood, one brow striking upwards quicker than a two-legger could strike a match. His scarlet eyes were fastened upon the mare’s face as she studied him, hooves planted firmly on the ground. The cool night air caught against his damp fur, and his skin crawled with a sudden shudder. Why was he apologizing again?

“Enjoying the view?” It wasn’t something he would normally say, nor was sarcasm something he was intimately acquainted with, but it was there, loud and clear.

Xaki
"If you want to apologize, lets walk togetther for a little while. I could use some company anyways --" She trailed off as a thought struck her. "Unless you were on your way to something? I doubt it, since your still talking to me. But .." She shrugged. She could be wrong. Rarely. But she had her moments.

and in response towards the stallion's sarcasm, "and why, of course! A handsome stallion as you are, cant simply not have a female or two staring at you. " Her grey eyes sparkling, as she muffled laughter. The stallions appearance, and his words appealed to her humorous side. She was new, but this was an interesting stallion by far.

"Now, have you decided yet? Continue on your chase, where I see no point or goal, or have a lovely walk with a beautiful female such as myself?" Smiling sweetly, in a deceptive manner, she waited for his answer.

Sukkubus
Ferrao felt affronted by the mare’s boldness, though he should have been used to it having such a forward sister. If he were intimidated by her sauciness, he did well to hide it from her. His gaze followed her, but he was not as analytical of her as she was of him. Why were females so coquettish these days? He almost felt like laughing, but all that tugged the corners of his lips was a minute smile – and a sort of hopeless one at that.

He could have lied to get himself out of the situation, apologized and have been on his way…but he didn’t. Not that he didn’t want to, he reasoned, but because he was a horrible liar. And plus, it was a nice night – he figured this with a quick flick of the eyes to the moon – and it deserved a little company. Nights like this should be savored, not barreled through.

Although the company was not exactly choice.

“I’ve no one to meet at the end of my race, so I suppose I will accompany you,” he breathed, heart still quivering after the run. His shoulders rolled beneath the down of his coat, and he took a step down the pebbly shoreline; he threw a glance back at the mare.

“Although you may not receive that apology you so want. I’ve done nothing wrong!”

There was a note of teasing in his voice.

Xaki
He wasnt going to apologize, and she didnt really want one. Quite well, how they matched.

"Ah well. Was it too much to ask?" She feigned a sigh in reply to his teasing. "But I would probably react no better than you, if not worse. Distasteful business, to apologize for something that isn't your fault." Giving the other stallion a slight frown, she started to walk along the path of the river again taking care not to step on the shoreline, but next to the stallion.

Although company had changed, scenery had not. Aside from their conversation, there was almost complete silence around them. With a quick glimpse to the sky, and the river, everything was how it was before. Amazing, how things could revert to how they were. With the one exception of a new companion.

"Say, whats your name? I've yet to encounter a stallion of your caliber, so it must be understandable, that I want a name to remember you by." She asked, her tone was flirtatious.

Sukkubus
His scarlet eyes swung upwards again, amusement catching him as though beneath the chin.

"So why ask for what you don't want?" he responded with a mild laugh. There was a calmness to the trickle of the stream and to the stillness of the trees and grass - it was as though even the wind was watching her toes as she swept through, barely brushing them as she went. Ferrao closed his eyes momentarily as he walked, footing as sure and firm as the earth below. And twice as damp! A ripple rent through him again: the water that still clung to his coat was unnerving.

He peered at the mare through the fall of his mane, as though he were squinting through the dark. What exactly was she trying to get at? He tensed up and looked away, both movements drawing himself inward as he threw his focus ahead of them.

"My name is Ferrao," he said. One ear swung back, "And yours? As it's only polite to ask, isn't it? I can't say that I've seen you around, nor can I say claim you must be new -- I barely leave the lands of my father as it is."

Xaki
"I'd rather ask and receive a no, then not ask, and ponder what the answer might be, of course." She said grandly, with a mocking hint to it. "After all, if I want to live with no regrets, then this is my way of life." Her tone was almost delicate, as if the silence would oppress her words, and make it disappear.

"Cold? I'm not surprised, by the splash you took earlier. and with winter coming towards us also, I do hope that you dont catch a cold." The water was still flowing, invading even the crevices of the pebbly shoreline, which was an indicator of the rains that would, or already come and soon the river would be frozen. "But if it wasnt so cold, I'd walk in there with you, before it freezes over for winter." The sentence was accompanied with a mild chuckle.

"On a different topic, my name is Septimus." She lifted her head slightly, giving an inquiring look under her lashes. "You dont stray far, do you? Well, your right. I am new to these lands."

Sukkubus
"That...that is a good way to live." He finally turned his face to look at her, nodding with an envious satisfaction. If only he had that kind of strength, if only he knew it were in him to leave, but obligation tethered him down. The mountains were a dark outline, barely visible as they melted against the night sky - but they were there, always there, soft-voiced and teasing as they called to him. He broke from his reverie with a snort.

"A little cold, yes, but sometimes that's just what you need to wake yourself up. Makes you sharper and more aware."

At the mention of winter, a soft light brightened his eyes, and in his momentary joy his guard fell. He looked at the mare like a colt would, a smile not only on his mouth but upon his face.

"It'll be my first winter, you know! I was told about snow, and I really can't wait for--" he caught himself, swallowed his words, and looked away abashed. That wasn't exactly something he had planned to tell another, especially someone so foreign. For a while all that could be heard from him were his careful footfalls.

She was so much different from he, he noted. He was a homebody, whereas she...she had wandered. For all Ferrao knew, she had listened to her heart and had been lead by her legs far, far away. He watched her for a time, chewing over his initial judgment of the mare and going back on his word. She was strong, he was deaf. His eyes looked to the mountains again.

"It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Septimus," he finally said. Ferrao paused, slowing as he did, and glanced over at her again, gaze earnest, "Where did you come from, if may I ask? And...why?"

Xaki
She nodded, feeling more than a hint of envy behind his words. Or was she imagining it? She wasn't sure now, it was all so confusing. In the end, she didn't know if she was worse, than Ferraro. She was selfish, never having taken on obligations to weigh her down, and she had no doubt that it wasn't going to change.

Her thoughts were broken, as the sound of Ferraro's voice drifted to her ears. "Funny, I had always thought of it as an unplesant way to wake someone up. I'll agree with making one more shaper and aware, but having woken up with freezing water on my face.." She gave him a dry grin to indicate her feelings, as words were no longer necessary.

Giving him a grin, she said encouragingly "Continue on, I'll keep your secret safe. I'm one to enjoy winter for myself, since I haven't seen it either." She flicked a glance towards the sky, filled with clouds and stars for now, but snow would rain from upon the clouds soon enough. "Perhaps, after we part ways, we'll still enjoy the same coming snows?"

The question after the silence, surprised her, her silver eyes widening, as she paused to think. Her tail swayed gently, as her silver eyes grew cloudy. For a few moments, what could be heard was the gentle rushing of water, and the sounds of nature. Finally she answered, ".. I-i dont know. I wish I could answer your questions, but all I know, is that I go where I want to go. Wherever I go, something calls for me, and I cant be satisfied until I answer." Silence oncemore followed as she reflected, this wasnt her normal self. Was the lack of sleep making her maudlin, or something?

Sukkubus
"Perhaps," he echoed. A sound rumbled against his chest, rose up, and left him in a soft 'whuff' of air; a laugh, quiet and solitary. "And maybe when it snows and the water freezes, I'll come back here and crash through the ice. The colder the water, you know...."

A ludicrous idea, no doubt, but a humorous act of whimsy he could not yet let go of.

Ferrao stopped when Septimus had and listened to her words, ruminating on them like one would do with food. He focused on the border of the wood with her vision wavering just on the outline. He did not find it strange that she had more or less confessed - in a sense, anyway. Sometimes it was easier to speak with a stranger than it was a loved one, because they did not know enough to judge.

"Maybe you're searching for something," he said gently. "And you just haven't found it yet. But at least you listen to that call. I "- he paused, continued -"think I have everything. My family, these lands, but I've heard the song before. I hear it now."

He fell silent and his eyes drifted shut.

"But the difference between you and I is that you follow it, and you sing with it. I must admit: I envy you."

Xaki
"Depends if you can crash through in the first place; and second. You would get pneumonia. Who would nurse you through that? She said good-naturedly, chuckling at the thoughts.

"If I should be in the area however, I'll remember to drag you out, and place a blanket over you .. perhaps." She added mischievously, "Or I'll let you freeze. Hopefully you'll have made yourself happy in that freezing water before your death."

Her muscles going rigid at Ferarro's speculation, her eyes cast downward as she started to think. Was she searching for something? She didn't know, she didn't even know what she wanted. Her smile grew wistful however, as she listened further to Ferarro's feelings.

"You envy me?" She shook her head in disagreement. "Why do you? I don't even know what I'm following, what I'm doing. It makes no sense."

her eyes close shut, as she thought, and answered softly, "I think you could do it. The same thing as I, I mean. But the difference between you and I, is not that I follow, but there is something that holds you down. Like a cage to capture a bird, or a chain. May I ask, what it is?"

Sukkubus
"So you'd find humor if I were a sneezing, rambling mess?" Ferrao asked, incredulous. Laughter made his timbre waver, "Bit of a devilish thing, aren't you?"

He felt a twinge of guilt as her gaze swept the ground, feeling as though he had toed the line and leapt clear across it. The stallion had never second guessed his chosen words until now; her smile, however, almost caused a sigh of relief to pass his lips.

"It may not make sense, but that makes it all the more admirable. The ability to free yourself, well...."

Her confidence in him made the corners of his lips twitch upwards again. His fluted ears swung back in though, dark brows drawing in.

"Maybe I am a bit like a bird, but I'm not cage...no. I'm just afraid -- uncertain about leaving the nest, if you will. Not that I don't dream about it, or yearn for an independence I can't quite grasp, but I don't think -- I just -- "

He trailed off, searching desperately for words he could not find.

"I think it's my role to look after my family, watch over them though I'm the youngest. I think, sometimes, that maybe I should be the last to take off -- spread my wings and leave the side of my family," he admitted, voice lowering until the stream behind him sounded something like a roar over his words. He dropped his head, eyes crinkling.

"It's like a love affair...but one you're ashamed of. One that you don't want others to notice, because...because your family wouldn't approve of it." He gave a sudden bark-like laugh, that was as dry and dead as the autumn leaves. "Look at me, comparing it to a tryst!"

Ferrao had tried in earnest to joke, but it fell short, sounding as despondent and as lost as he felt.

Xaki

Teepees

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces