Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
× ✖ × Ollivander's :: Open :: Hiring Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:09 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx» wнere «xx
xxxShop - Front Room
xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
xxxxxxxxxJeremy - Bas, Balder, Desi, Zach, DJ
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx» ғeelιng «xx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCurious
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ѕιnce we мeт ι ғeel a lιgнтneѕѕ ιn мy ѕтep yoυ're мιleѕ away вυт ι ѕтιll ғeel yoυxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          anywнere ι go тнere yoυ are, anywнere ι go тнere yoυ are xxxxxxxxx
                                                          laтe aт nιgнт wнen yoυ can'т ғall aѕleep ι'll вe lyιng rιgнт вeѕιde yoυ coυnтιng ѕнeepxxxxxx
                                                          anywнere ι go тнere yoυ are, anywнere ι go тнere yoυ arexxx

════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceDamien smiled when the boy entered, offering a small wave as he set down his quill. Customers meant that he could pause on working on the books, which was always a small blessing. He hated the books. He had half a mind to pay his stepmother to do them for him, now that she was looking to sell the pet store. If he'd thought she'd accept payment, he might've already broached the subject. As it was, he didn't feel like having the conversation with her where he had to explain why her doing his books without pay felt like exploiting her.

space"Hello, Jeremy," he replied, sliding off his stool to come around the counter and offer his hand. "I'm Damien, and I suppose that means I'll be selling you a wand, eh?"

spaceBefore he could start the process, a group entered, making him pause, namely because four of the five people who'd entered shouldn't really be here. Sebastian and Balder were both seventh years, obviously, and had gotten their wands long ago (had it really been seven years? Merlin). Desi and Zach were first years, but he was bringing their wands to their house later tonight, so that Ada and Chris could be with them when they received them. Which left the boy they had with them, who Damien had never seen before. He blinked oddly. "What're you lot doing here?" he asked curiously, momentarily forgetting he had a customer in his confusion.

space"This is DJ!" Desi informed him. "He's Uncle Lea's little brother, and he's going to school this year, too! He needs to get his wand!"

spaceDamien swore, if the twins kept having more family pop out of the woodwork, he'd never keep track. Lea wasn't really their uncle, of course, but then again, he wasn't, either. He did have to wonder if the twins would call this DJ kid 'Uncle DJ' since being Lea's brother would technically make him their uncle as well, by their standards anyway. They'd certainly never let Issac being younger than them stop them from calling him uncle, so why should DJ being their age be any different?

spaceHe shrugged, gesturing to Jeremy.
                                                          "Seth'll have to get him," Damien replied, ignoring the dramatic whining Desi immediately responded with. "I've got a customer already."

spaceHe ignored the eleven-year-old's 'but Uncle Damieeeeeeeeeeen' and turned back to Jeremy, offering a smile. "Alright, come stand here, please," he said, "And hold out your arms." A flick of his wand set the measuring tape to work, and he took a moment to call Seth from the back so that he could handle Desi and Zach's newest relative.

space"Are you right or left-handed, Jeremy?" he asked, noting the measurements and thinking on the wands he had in stock. There were a lot of them, in just about every combination imaginable. Once he had the measurements down, he excused himself to grab a few potential wands. Upon returning a moment later, he handed Jeremy one. "Try this. 12 inches, Laurel with Unicorn Hair," he ventured. Obviously not a match, but it'd tell him which direction to go based on how it reacted.

spaceUnable to resist, he arched a brow and glanced at Sebastian and Balder out of the corner of his eye.
                                                          "So, how did you two end up on first year duty?" he asked, tone light. Honestly, he was somewhat surprised they'd been allowed, after what'd happened with Balder's family and all. Ada's judgement with her own kids was somewhat askew, no doubt about that. But the fact that anyone else was entrusting the two of them with children was surprising. And he'd have thought Chris would have a conniption over the suggestion that his kids be sent into London with the boys. No offense to either of them. Merlin knows he didn't have much room to judge; the whole thing with Mari's mother could've ended just as badly. Not to mention all the idiocy their friends had gotten up to during school. It was just Balder and Sebastian's poor luck that their attempt at heroics had been the one to blow up in their faces. That didn't make it acceptable, obviously, but he couldn't exactly hold it against them without holding everything else against his friends. Their stunt hadn't been any more idiotic, it'd just been the one that ended badly.

╚════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxι вeen geттιng υѕed тo waĸιng υp wιтн yoυ, ι вeen geттιng υѕed тo waĸιng υp нere
                                                          xxxxxxanywнere ι go тнere yoυ are, anywнere ι go тнere yoυ are
                                                          xxxxxxxxxyoυ're тнe ғιre and тнe ғlood and ι'll alwayѕ ғeel yoυ ιn мy вlood
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxeveryтнιng ιѕ ғιne wнen yoυr нead'ѕ reѕтιng neхт тo мιne, neхт тo мιne

User Image

»» ««
                                                          xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                          - - -

Kungfudemoness

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:55 pm
Cara MiaKitty

User Image

𝐼'𝓂 𝓇𝓊𝓃𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓁𝒶𝓉𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓈𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝐼 𝒹𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒
                                𝒲𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒻𝓊𝓉𝓊𝓇𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓅𝓇𝑜𝓂𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒶𝒾𝓃'𝓉 𝓌𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒾𝓉 𝓊𝓈𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒
                                𝐼 𝓃𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝒸𝑜𝓂𝓅𝓇𝑜𝓂𝒾𝓈𝑒 𝑜𝓇 𝒷𝒶𝓇𝑔𝒶𝒾𝓃 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓂𝓎 𝓈𝑜𝓊𝓁
                                𝐻𝑜𝓌 𝒹𝒾𝒹 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝑜𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝒹 𝓈𝒾𝒹𝑒 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓈𝑜 𝒹𝓊𝓁𝓁?

Jeremy turned to look at the sudden commotion entering the shop, a few older probably students and some closer to his age. They at least had the manners to quiet down a bit when going inside. They were pushed to the back of his mind when the store keeper was ready to begin prompting him to move to a spot. "I'm left-handed sir," Jeremy said watching the tape measure as does its job. He looked up when Damian came back with a wand to try, Laurel huh? He took the wand and initially it did nothing till he waved it. There had been some empty boxes waiting for wands neatly stacked nearby. Not so neat with this wand rejecting him made one of the boxes in the now everywhere stack fly at him making Jeremy duck and his dad caught it. The other boxes flew random nondangerous directions. "I don't think it likes me..." He said carefully placing the wand on the counter.

OOC: 13 in Hazel, Dragon Heartstring 2-3 tries
                                                          *edit* fixed the box incident make more sense. It was confusing to read

𝐼 𝑔𝑜𝓉 𝒶 𝓈𝑒𝒶𝓉 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂𝒾𝒹𝒹𝓁𝑒 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓇𝑜𝒶𝒹 𝐼'𝓂 𝑔𝑜𝓃𝓃𝒶 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝓂𝓎 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒
                                                          𝐼 𝓈𝒽𝑜𝓅 𝑜𝓃𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑒 𝓈𝑜 𝐼 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝓋𝑜𝓉𝑒 𝒶𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓅𝑒𝑒𝒹 𝑜𝒻 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒
                                                          𝐼'𝓂 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝒶 𝒹𝓇𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝓌𝒶𝓎 𝓊𝓅 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓀𝓎 𝐼'𝓂 𝒶 𝓈𝒽𝑜𝑜𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇
                                                          𝒯𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒'𝓈 𝒶 𝓈𝑜𝓁𝒹𝒾𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉'𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝒫.𝒮. 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒾𝓈 𝓌𝒶𝓇

CatWaffle
    Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
    • Ultimate Player 200
    • Forum Sophomore 300
    • Rufus' Gratitude 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
    • Demonic Associate 100
    • WilyTrickster 50
    PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:20 pm
    User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    xx» wнere «xx
    xxxShop - Front Room
    xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCurious

ѕιnce we мeт ι ғeel a lιgнтneѕѕ ιn мy ѕтep yoυ're мιleѕ away вυт ι ѕтιll ғeel yoυxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                            laтe aт nιgнт wнen yoυ can'т ғall aѕleep ι'll вe lyιng rιgнт вeѕιde yoυ coυnтιng ѕнeepxxxxxx

spaceJeremy gave the the wand a wave and sent the boxes flying before Sebastian or Balder had a chance to answer his question. Damien managed to pull his own wand and prevent a couple of near-catastrophes, namely the boxes sending his paperwork flying. Sebastian, meanwhile, grabbed a couple of the boxes out of the air before they hit anyone. Not that it would have hurt, since they were just cardboard boxes and all, but it was the principle of the thing.

space"Uh, Ada figured we were getting our stuff already anyway," Sebastian answered finally. "Everyone else would've had to take time out of work or something. Honestly it was either us, or Eve and Mels." Damien snorted in response to that, trying to imagine that outing. He hadn't spent all that much time around Eve and Desi together, but when he had, he got the feeling the pair didn't know how to interact without bickering. Honestly, he could completely understand Eve's trepidation when Dom and Gracie had adopted two more kids; if the way she interacted with Whitethorne twins was any indication, she definitely did not know how to be around children. He imagined any sense of agreement between herself and Gid was because they were both basically forces of nature. Extremely destructive ones.

spaceDamien took the wand back from Jeremy with a faint smile.
                                                            "I don't think so, no," he replied. "But, it didn't outright hate you, either, so we're getting somewhere. How about... hm." The wandmaker grabbed another wand from the stack he'd brought up, and handed it over. "Thirteen inches, Hazel with Dragon Heartstring," he informed the eleven-year-old. It was similar enough in temperament to the last one that its reaction shouldn't prove any more violent if it was a mismatch, but different enough that it might actually be a good fit. They'd have to see.

xxxι вeen geттιng υѕed тo waĸιng υp wιтн yoυ, ι вeen geттιng υѕed тo waĸιng υp нere
                                                            xxxxxxxxxxxxeveryтнιng ιѕ ғιne wнen yoυr нead'ѕ reѕтιng neхт тo мιne, neхт тo мιne

User Image

»» ««
                                                            xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                            - - -

Kungfudemoness

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:52 pm
    User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

xx⤑ Wԋҽɾҽ αɱ I? Ollivanders
    xxx⤑ Wԋσ'ʂ ɯιƚԋ ɱҽ? Dad, Michael, Victoria, Damien, and Jeremy
    xxxx⤑ Wԋαƚ'ʂ ɠσιɳɠ σɳ? Waiting to get my wand
    xxxxx⤑ Wԋαƚ'ɾҽ ɱყ ƚԋσυɠԋƚʂ? "This place smells kinda musty"

Elisabet felt herself growing a bit more comfortable as Michael spoke about his family. He was still a big bearded guy, but wasn't that kind of stereotypical wizard? Like... the bigger the beard the more powerful the spells? Perhaps. He had a huge family, and at the end of his talking, asked about her family... and herself. She took a second to ponder the thought, but before she'd settled on what to say, Victoria spoke more about their family. She mentioned her older sister with a different family, then asked about Elisabet's siblings, before counting all of her own. "I don't... have any siblings. It's just me and dad... Um... about me... Let's see, I want to be an inventor, and I guess now I have to learn magical inventing. Uh, I was born without the lower half of my left forearm, hence my prosthetic which, uh, doesn't currently work. Other than that, uhm, dad's a mechanic, so he works on cars." She blushed a bit, hoping to deflect some of the conversation to her dad.

Terrence glanced at his daughter, seeing her look of nerves. He smiled down at her, patting her hair. "Yes, we get along just fine on our own. Elisabet's on the honor roll at her primary school. She's doing a great job to make me very proud. Such a good girl." He grinned at Michael, hoping to prove that their family was wonderful, even if it was rather small. After his daughter had said she wanted to get her wand, Michael said he guessed that would be her choice, meaning it was pretty common for the new students. "It is? Exciting, I mean? Don't you just... grab a wand that looks nice? It's just shopping, isn't it?" She looked at the man with wide, curious eyes, excited to learn all she possibly could from this strange, magical world. He had even more family, though this branch worked at Ollivanders, the wand shop. That had to be interesting. "You really do have family everywhere, don't you? It's pretty interesting, to say the least." Elisabet followed Michael and Victoria to the wand shop, letting her dad hold open the door for her. Another boy about her age was inside, so she shuffled and watched whatever he was doing. Admittedly, she had no real idea about magic at all, so this would be interesting one way or the other. She waited patiently for her turn, thinking that the most polite thing to do.

{{OoC: Springy 10.5 inch Holly and Phoenix Feathers - 2 tries}}
    Devlyn Maycry

Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀɴ σρҽɳ ʂƙყ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴀ ɾҽαʂσɳ ɯԋყ, ʏᴏᴜ sʜɪɴᴇ, ʂԋιɳҽ ყσυɾ ɯαყ
    Tʜᴇʀᴇ's sᴏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ᴛᴏ ʟᴇᴀʀɴ, ᴀɴᴅ ɳσɯ ιƚ'ʂ ყσυɾ ƚυɾɳ, ᴛᴏ sʜɪɴᴇ, ʂԋιɳҽ ყσυɾ ɯαყ
    Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ϝҽҽʅιɳɠ ԃҽҽρ ιɳʂιԃҽ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ Ⴆҽ ყσυɾ ɠυιԃҽ ᴛᴏ ꜰɪɴᴅ, ϝιɳԃ ყσυɾ ɯαყ
    Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ɴᴏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ᴜs ᴛᴏ ᴡᴀsᴛᴇ, ɠσƚ ƚσ ƚαƙҽ α ʅҽαρ σϝ ϝαιƚԋ, ᴀɴᴅ ꜰʟʏ, ϝʅყ αɯαყ
    Dᴏɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴡᴀʟᴋ, ɴᴏᴡ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʀᴜɴ. Nσƚԋιɳɠ ƈαɳ ɠҽƚ ιɳ ყσυɾ ɯαყ
    Aʟʟ ᴏꜰ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴇᴀʀs ᴡɪʟʟ ԃɾყ ϝαʂƚҽɾ ιɳ ƚԋҽ ʂυɳ, sᴛᴀʀᴛɪɴɢ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ,

Sσ ʂԋιɳҽ, ʂԋιɳҽ, ʂԋιɳҽ, Sԋιɳҽ ყσυɾ ɯαყ

Cinnabun Gryffie
    Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
    • Gifting Gone Wild 250
    • Autobiographer 200
    • Pet Lover 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
    • Rufus' Gratitude 100
    • Team Jacob 100
    • Married 100
    PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:05 pm
    User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And even though the moment passed me by
                                                    I still can't turn away
                                                    Cuz all the dreams you never thought you'd lose
                                                    Got tossed along the way
                                                    And letters that you never meant to send
                                                    Got lost or thrown away

════════════════════════

a**ɪsᴛᴀɴᴛ, Oʟʟɪᴠᴀɴᴅᴇʀ's || Wᴀɴᴅᴍᴀᴋᴇʀ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ

════════════════════════

Seth had popped from the back just as soon as boxes went flying. He blinked, his eyes scanning the shop until they landed on the young boy who was putting a wand down and looking rather down. Well, no one said that wands worked the first time they were offered. He himself had taken several tries to find his own, after all. He turned his attention to the other group in the shop, a pair of seventh years he was sure he'd seen at least one of back when they were first years, and Damien's... Well, he couldn't quite call them niece and nephew. He knew they were Whitethornes, that much was obvious. He also knew that Eretria, one of his yearmates, had siblings. They must be her niblings then. Though he couldn't see their parents, he turned toward them and realized there was another boy with them too. Around the same age, and if he recalled, needed a wand whereas the Whitethorne children did not. After all, he'd seen some of Damien's work on the wands in question and knew that he was delivering them to their home at some point.

He turned a smile to that boy and cocked an eyebrow.
                                                    "Welcome to Ollivander's. I'm going to assume that Damien did some introductions, but in case he hadn't, I'm Seth. I assume that you're the boy that is getting his wand today? Which is your wand arm? Or well, which is your dominant hand?"

He noted the tall blond teen's nod and the other boy's look towards his sister before he pulled out his tape measure. He set it to work in measuring the boy's arm while he started looking through the stacks, wondering. The boy looked a bit adventurous, and Seth could already tell that maybe a good dragon heartstring would work for him. However, the wand wood was another matter entirely. Snapping his fingers, he stopped the tape measure as he took down a wand for the boy to try out. He handed it over with a cocked eyebrow. "Eleven and five eighths inches, hornbeam, with a dragon heartstring for a core. Go ahead and give it a wave."

════════════════════════
                                                    Thinking: Well, let's see how this goes...
                                                    OOC:

-❤-

We grew up way too fast
                                                    And now there's nothing to believe
                                                    And reruns all become our history
                                                    A tired song keeps playing on a tired radio
                                                    And I won't tell no one your name
                                                    And I won't tell 'em your name

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:45 pm
    Cara MiaKitty

User Image

𝐼'𝓂 𝓇𝓊𝓃𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓁𝒶𝓉𝑒 𝓉𝑜 𝓈𝑜𝓂𝑒𝓌𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝓃𝑜𝓌 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝐼 𝒹𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒
                                  𝒲𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒻𝓊𝓉𝓊𝓇𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓅𝓇𝑜𝓂𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒶𝒾𝓃'𝓉 𝓌𝒽𝒶𝓉 𝒾𝓉 𝓊𝓈𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒
                                  𝐼 𝓃𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓉𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝑜 𝒸𝑜𝓂𝓅𝓇𝑜𝓂𝒾𝓈𝑒 𝑜𝓇 𝒷𝒶𝓇𝑔𝒶𝒾𝓃 𝓌𝒾𝓉𝒽 𝓂𝓎 𝓈𝑜𝓊𝓁
                                  𝐻𝑜𝓌 𝒹𝒾𝒹 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝑜𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝒹 𝓈𝒾𝒹𝑒 𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝑔𝑒𝓉 𝓈𝑜 𝒹𝓊𝓁𝓁?

Jeremy carefully took this wand just in case it wasn't as nice as the laurel wand had been in just flinging boxes. He was a little gun shy now but they wouldn't know unless he tried. He carefully waved it and it had a nice little light and the room now smelled of mint, one of his favorite smells, thus making him smirk ever so slightly. Well, this wand seemed happy with him and it must have known he liked the smell. Hopefully, he was right in assuming this was his. It didn't blow anything up and it did something good. He was more hopeful when his dad started going for the money. His dad never pulled his money out untill he was sure they where getting something. He turned back to Damian probably looking at least a bit hopeful, if nothing else he looked something other than stoic. "I think we found it, how much is it?" He said as he hoped it wasn't too pricey he was kind of getting attached to it already, it did pick him. He had a tendency not to get attached to thing but when something picked him, he kinda had to like it return.

OOC: 13 in Hazel, Dragon Heartstring 2-3 tries. Yay typos ._. Added some more too. thx for helping =D

𝐼 𝑔𝑜𝓉 𝒶 𝓈𝑒𝒶𝓉 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂𝒾𝒹𝒹𝓁𝑒 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓇𝑜𝒶𝒹 𝐼'𝓂 𝑔𝑜𝓃𝓃𝒶 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝓂𝓎 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒
                                                            𝐼 𝓈𝒽𝑜𝓅 𝑜𝓃𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑒 𝓈𝑜 𝐼 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝓋𝑜𝓉𝑒 𝒶𝓉 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓅𝑒𝑒𝒹 𝑜𝒻 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒
                                                            𝐼'𝓂 𝓁𝒾𝓀𝑒 𝒶 𝒹𝓇𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝓌𝒶𝓎 𝓊𝓅 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓀𝓎 𝐼'𝓂 𝒶 𝓈𝒽𝑜𝑜𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇
                                                            𝒯𝒽𝑒𝓇𝑒'𝓈 𝒶 𝓈𝑜𝓁𝒹𝒾𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝒶𝓉'𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑒𝒶𝓀𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑜𝓊𝓉 𝒫.𝒮. 𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒾𝓈 𝓌𝒶𝓇

CatWaffle
      Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
      • Ultimate Player 200
      • Forum Sophomore 300
      • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:05 pm
      User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'm 15 for a moment. Caught in between 10 and 20
                                                                  And I'm
                                                                  just dreaming, Counting the ways to where you are
                                                                  I'm
                                                                  22 for a moment... And she feels better than ever
                                                                  And we're on fire,
                                                                  making our way back from Mars

Michael nodded his head as the girl and her father talked about their lives. "Honestly with how much younger Victoria is, she's practically an only child as well. So it feels like just me and her a lot of the time too. My older children are all out of the house and Aimee just graduated so I'm sure she will be moving out on her own soon as well. " He chuckled and ruffled the young girl's hair affectionately. It wasn't easy being a parent to a young kid again, but at least he had practice and she had cousins and nieces and nephews around her age so she wasn't totally alone. "Plus with her not going to Hogwarts, it's an even bigger separation between her and her sisters." When the man mentioned that Elisabet was on honor roll, VIctoria piped up with a grin. "Me too! I'm the top of my class actually!" The little girl exclaimed. As they entered the shop, Elisabet asked about how it was an exciting process and Michael chuckled.

"Well, not only is the wand the most important tool a witch or wizard has, but its not as easy as just grabbing one that looks nice. The wand has to choose the witch. If its not the right wand it won't work right for you. Go ahead and watch the process." Michael pointed to the boy Seth was helping before waving at his Nephew who seemed to be joined by Sebastian Blythe who was technically his eldest daughter's sister Desi and Zach who were his eldest daughter's and middle daughter's niece and nephew... and Balder Borson. But he wasn't going to even try to explain that one to his entourage. "How's it going Damien? I've got little miss Elisabet here for her wand whenever you get the chance."

Victoria grinned when she spotted Damien and bounced across the store to him.
                                                                  "Uncle Damien! What if I suddenly get magical powers? Will you make me a wand especially for me like you do all the rest of us family?" She batted her eyes at him and wrapped her arms around his leg. She logically knew she was probably not going to get powers. She was not only 7 and way past the normal age of showing magic but also from a purely muggle family despite being raised by a purely magical one. It was a little upsetting to know she was the odd one out.

I'm 45 for a moment. The sea is high
                                                                  And I'm heading into a crisis
                                                                  Chasing the years of my life
                                                                  15 there's still
                                                                  time for you
                                                                  Time to
                                                                  buy and time to lose yourself... Within a morning star

Miss GryffindorK

Cara MiaKitty

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:35 pm
      Some people call me the space cowboy, yeah
      Some call me the gangster of love
      Some people call me Maurice
      'Cause I speak of the pompitous of love
      People talk about me, baby
      Say I'm doin' you wrong, doin' you wrong

DANIEL
      JAMES
      SHEPARD

first year │ halfblood │ unsorted

DJ gave the man, Seth, an odd look, sticking out a skinny arm. "Um, I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but all I know about Damien is that he knows the- Zach and Desi," he amended. "And I guess he makes wands? Like you? How do you even make a wand, just put a spell on a stick?" It seemed like it was probably a really boring job, unless you loved whittling. He resisted the urge to bat at the magical tape measure on his harm, although he was poking and prodding at it when the man returned with a wand for him to try. DJ had no idea what to do with it, so he waved it wildly, expecting some sort of reaction. There was a violent bang, causing him to drop the wand entirely and jump back with a muffled swear.

OOC:
      ((Holly, dragon heartstring, 12 and 1/5 inches, pliable, bent shaft, 3 tries))
      Diamond Wales

Well, don't you worry baby, don't worry
      'Cause I'm right here at home
      'Cause I'm a picker, I'm a grinner
      I'm a lover, and I'm a sinner
      I play my music in the sun
      I'm a joker, I'm a smoker, I'm a midnight toker
      I sure don't want to hurt no one

The Forgotten Weasley
      Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
      • WilyTrickster 50
      • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
      • The Wolf Within 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
      Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
      • Gifting Gone Wild 250
      • Autobiographer 200
      • Pet Lover 100
      PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:06 pm

xxx⤑ Wԋσ'ʂ ɯιƚԋ ɱҽ? Dad, Michael, Victoria, Damien, and Jeremy
      xxxx⤑ Wԋαƚ'ʂ ɠσιɳɠ σɳ? Waiting to get my wand
      xxxxx⤑ Wԋαƚ'ɾҽ ɱყ ƚԋσυɠԋƚʂ? "This place smells kinda musty"

The Amsels listened to Michael speak about how Victoria was "practically" an only child, which made Elisabet a bit flustered. She rather wanted siblings, and felt it was silly that they disregarded the older girls as sisters, simply because they were grown and moved out. On the other hand, she could see where they were coming from, in that she hadn't really grown up with most of her siblings. Either way, it was a bum situation. He mentioned the girl not going to Hogwarts, and Terrence raised an eyebrow, but realized that if magic could pop up out of nowhere in his nonmagic family, it had to work in reverse, too. Though Victoria said she was top of her class, so Terrence offered her a thumbs up. "That's good news, keep up your studying and you'll be able to get into any uni you might like!" He offered a fatherly grin, then looked at Michael. "You must be so proud of her!"

When they arrived at the store, Elisabet had asked about wands, and the older man began speaking on that they were important, but also that somehow, the wand chose the witch.... which was interesting. Apparently the "wrong" wand would not work well for people. They watched the other boy, who successfully got his wand to choose him. After he'd paid with weird coins, Michael went up and talked to Damien, his nephew... or was it cousin? She flushed with nerves when he called her "little miss" and mentioned that she was ready to get her wand. Victoria hurried over to the younger man, asking if he'd make her a special wand if she suddenly got magic. That'd be pretty cool.... but if wands chose the witches.... how could one possibly create a wand for them? It just counteracted what Michael had just said. For now, she figured she had to brave up and introduce herself to the man that worked here. "Hello, Damien, my name's Elisabet, and I need a wand, if you don't mind. It seems interesting that they choose their handlers, though that raises more questions than it solves, I think." She ran her hand through her hair, prosthetic hand still tucked into her pocket. She was glad she mostly used her right arm, specifically now that her left wasn't working properly.

Devlyn Maycry

Cara MiaKitty

Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ϝҽҽʅιɳɠ ԃҽҽρ ιɳʂιԃҽ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ Ⴆҽ ყσυɾ ɠυιԃҽ ᴛᴏ ꜰɪɴᴅ, ϝιɳԃ ყσυɾ ɯαყ
      Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ɴᴏ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ᴜs ᴛᴏ ᴡᴀsᴛᴇ, ɠσƚ ƚσ ƚαƙҽ α ʅҽαρ σϝ ϝαιƚԋ, ᴀɴᴅ ꜰʟʏ, ϝʅყ αɯαყ

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:05 pm
      User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      xx» wнere «xx
      xxxShop - Front Room
      xxxxxxxx» wιтн «xx
      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCurious

spaceDamien took the wand back from Jeremy, placing it back in its box, and went back to the counter. He addressed the boy's father, mentally calculating the total. "That'll be 11 galleons," he said, taking the payment and making note of the sale before returning to the group that'd convened inside.

spaceHe smiled when he saw Michael, and gave Victoria a little wave.
                                                              "Good to see you both," he told them. Victoria's question made him pause, feeling slightly uncomfortable. It wasn't impossible for the girl to show magic, she was only seven. It'd taken Ada until she was nine, and Zach until he was ten. But, he didn't want to get her hopes up, considering she was muggleborn and all. "If you're a witch, you'll certainly get a wand," he answered, supposing there was no harm in telling her the truth. And it was the truth, after all. If she was a witch, he would obviously make her a wand.

spaceTurning to the first year, who Michael had introduced as Elisabet, and luckily noticed the prosthetic hand she had tucked into her pocket. It looked rather high-tech, and therefore probably wasn't particularly functional at the moment. Which was why it was a good thing he'd noticed, since he probably would've offered his own left hand for the girl to shake otherwise. Instead, he offered his right.
                                                              "Nice to meet you, Elisabet," he said. "And I think the first thing you'll learn about wands is that they raise all sorts of questions. Honestly, we really ought to make a pamphlet. Book recommendations and basic facts, that sort of thing." The comment was partly directed at the girl, partly musing aloud, and partly directed at his cousin, because actually it was a very good idea. Why hadn't he thought of it before?

spaceHe waved his wand to start the measurements, then went to ask if she were right or left-handed, but paused. He didn't want to assume her right was her dominant hand, because what did he know? But it seemed unlikely that she was left-handed, unless muggle prosthetics were a good deal more advanced than he was aware of. Was there a way to handle this tactfully? He sure as hell couldn't think of one.
                                                              "Ah, so, would I be correct in thinking that you're right-handed?" he asked, floundering somewhat. On that note, if her left hand was the one she preferred to use, that posed something of a problem, if only because she probably couldn't use it here. He could make the shop wheelchair friendly easily enough (and had), could make all manner of changes to accommodate people with special needs. But making muggle technology work in a shop full of not just magic, but the tool used to channel it, was not going to happen. Hopefully, she was right-handed. It'd certainly make things easier, on everyone involved.

User Image

»» ««
                                                              xxoυт oғ cнaracтerxx
                                                              - - -

Kungfudemoness

Devlyn Maycry

Miss GryffindorK

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
      • Demonic Associate 100
      • WilyTrickster 50

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:51 pm

I'm 15 for a moment. Caught in between 10 and 20
                                                                  And I'm
                                                                  just dreaming, Counting the ways to where you are
                                                                  I'm
                                                                  22 for a moment... And she feels better than ever
                                                                  And we're on fire,
                                                                  making our way back from Mars

Michael chuckled when Terrence said he must be proud and nodded his head. "As proud as I can be. To tell you the truth as strange as this world may seem to you, the muggle world is like that for me. Trying to find a primary school for her was unimaginably hard when I had no clue what any school was let alone which ones were good ones. My daughters and Damien's father helped me quite a bit with that. Thankfully she's very good at her classes and a social butterfly. I swear she has more friends than all the rest of my children combined." He shook his head with a laugh.

Victoria was currently harassing Damien so he scooped her away from him with a roll of his eyes. "Let Damien work silly goose. You promised to be extra good today if I took you to work with me." Victoria nodded her head seriously and stood studiously at his side while Damien worked with Elisabet. Michael watched with a small smile. He remembered this process for every one of his children, Michelle and Gracie included. Of course Gracie wasn't his daughter, and Michelle had been with Vincent... they just happened to end up at the shop all together that year. Awkward to say the least. He and Terrence were both a few steps back from Damien and Elisabet to give them room to work. He glanced towards Terrence and explained the process a bit so the man wasn't surprised by any reaction that might happen.

"Damien will do his best to choose the correct wand based on what he can glean from a short interaction with Elisabet, but rarely is his first guess the right one. She'll be instructed to wave it and based on the reaction it gives Damien will decide what direction he needs to go to get the correct one. For people he knows well he can make wands especially for them without any cause for trouble, but everyone else its a fun guessing game." Michael nodded, and grinned. "I think it took Mr. Ollivander 5 or 6 tries to find the right wand for me. I nearly blew his windows out with the first wand he chose. The wrong wand can lead to some rather... violent reactions. Boxes flying, glass breaking, etc. So be ready for anything."

I'm 45 for a moment. The sea is high
                                                                  And I'm heading into a crisis
                                                                  Chasing the years of my life
                                                                  15 there's still
                                                                  time for you
                                                                  Time to
                                                                  buy and time to lose yourself... Within a morning star

Miss GryffindorK

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:14 pm

xxx⤑ Wԋσ'ʂ ɯιƚԋ ɱҽ? Dad, Michael, Victoria, and Damien
      xxxx⤑ Wԋαƚ'ʂ ɠσιɳɠ σɳ? Getting my wand
      xxxxx⤑ Wԋαƚ'ɾҽ ɱყ ƚԋσυɠԋƚʂ? "I hope I don't regret this magic thing"

Terrence listened to the man say he was very proud indeed. He said that the non-magic - or "muggle" - world was confusing to him, mush like the magical world was to the Amsels. Apparently he'd had a pile of research for local schools, since he didn't know much about primary schooling. "Did your older girls not go to primary before... now? That's several years of school they miss if they wait until eleven. But, regardless, Victoria seems to be a wonderful girl, and it's very good that she's friendly. Elisabet's always had a bit of trouble making friends." He sighed quietly, running his hand through his otherwise nicely done hair. When Victoria hurried to talk to the shopkeep, Damien, Michael calmly told her to behave and she promptly hurried back, leaving Elisabet standing before him, looking rather nervous.

Elisabet looked up at Damien when he mentioned wands bringing up all kinds of questions. He kind of trailed off as he mentioned making a pamphlet, and she simply grinned. "If there are books, I might like to read some. A pamphlet seems like a good idea, 'specially for newbies like us." She nodded encouragingly, hoping he might want to actually make it, since it seemed like a really solid idea. She heard Michael say that this was going to be a guessing game for Damien, unless he was making or choosing a wand for someone he knew well. "So of he knows the person, he can pretty well make a wand specific? But there's a good chance bad things can happen if he helps people he doesn't know? Seems like a dangerous gig." Terrence looked over at his daughter, hoping she wouldn't cause a massive accident. Elisabet's attention was jerked back to Damien by his question. A heavy blush colored her otherwise pale cheeks. "Yes, that's correct. When I'm not... here I can use both hands, but the magic makes my arm go haywire..." She sighed quietly, then looked back at him, determination burning in her bright eyes. "Yes. I'm right handed. So what do we do from here?" She looked at him, lifting her prosthetic hand out of her pocket, resting it on her hip. She was scared, but she was set to prove her bravery.

Devlyn Maycry

Cara MiaKitty

Cinnabun Gryffie
      Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
      • Gifting Gone Wild 250
      • Autobiographer 200
      • Pet Lover 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
      • Rufus' Gratitude 100
      • Team Jacob 100
      • Married 100
      PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:25 pm

And even though the moment passed me by
                                                      I still can't turn away
                                                      Cuz all the dreams you never thought you'd lose
                                                      Got tossed along the way
                                                      And letters that you never meant to send
                                                      Got lost or thrown away

════════════════════════

a**ɪsᴛᴀɴᴛ, Oʟʟɪᴠᴀɴᴅᴇʀ's || Wᴀɴᴅᴍᴀᴋᴇʀ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ

════════════════════════

Seth hrmm'ed to himself as the wand let off a bang, nodding to himself as he considered the properties of wood again. It was definitely dragon heartstring, but the wood was off. Maybe the boy would do with something a bit more to his personality? He certainly thought he might. "That he does. He's their mother's friend from when they were kids. I'd imagine that if their mother was going to ask anyone to make wands for them, it'd be him. As for me, I'm a wandmaker as well. Though we don't just put a spell on a stick and call it a wand. Every wand has a core, and that core resonates with each wand wood in a particular way to produce the spells within. I think when I was first making wands, I probably blew up a few while trying to put the cores in. That, and wands are particularly finicky with who they choose for owners. Not every wizard can pick up a wand and expect it to work, after all."

He nodded as he found another wand that might be more suitable. Taking it down, he opened the box and held it out for DJ to try out. "Maybe this one then. Dogwood and dragon heartstring, twelve and a half inches. Though, I do warn you, dogwoods tend to be noisy wands. Just give it a wave and we'll see how it does."

════════════════════════
                                                      Thinking: Well, let's see how this goes...
                                                      OOC:

-❤-

We grew up way too fast
                                                      And now there's nothing to believe
                                                      And reruns all become our history
                                                      A tired song keeps playing on a tired radio
                                                      And I won't tell no one your name
                                                      And I won't tell 'em your name

The Forgotten Weasley

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:38 pm
      User Image

________________________

Felix was in some weird state of happy shock. He knew he was going to a different school because of his age, but a school for people with magic, like him and the nice man that was taking him shopping? No, he hadn't expected that. His mom wanted to come but couldn't afford the time off. His dad? Well, Felix honestly didn't want him to come because he would likely complain how much stuff cost, but there was some sports game on so he was thankfully busy. His brother Owen had stopped talking to him which wasn't all bad, he stopped harassing him at least. He had a school list in hand and it definitely was different. Robes, cauldrons, and dragon gloves. But others seem normal or at least expected. He had convinced his mom to let him get a pet as long as he took care of it and it wasn't the frog option, so he is leaving with a small friend if he could. But what he was really looking forward to was the wand. He had asked about it on the way and was a bit worried when he was told the wand picks its owner. How would it do that? What if one doesn't want him? He kept the questions to himself, for now, didn't want to risk getting in trouble for being annoying with questions. They entered the shop and it was full of long thin boxes stacked really high. How were they going to find one for him in here? He approached the counter hoping he wasn’t doing something stupid. “Hello, I would like to get a wand please.” Felix said trying not to sound nervous.

________________________

ooc: 14” Hawthorn, Golden Snidget feathers (3 tries ok? I'm not picky?)

Diamond Wales

CatWaffle
      Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
      • Ultimate Player 200
      • Forum Sophomore 300
      • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:18 pm

I've been reading books of old
                                                                        The
                                                                        legends and the myths
                                                                        Achilles and his gold
                                                                        Hercules and his gifts

Aleah was nervous beyond nervous despite any encouragement her family and boyfriend had given her over the last few weeks. She breathed a deep breath before entering the shop. This was her future on the line after all! She hupped in with her cane on her bad side, and made her way to the counter. The shop was empty out front, which was nice. She had been hoping to miss the rush that was sure to come over the next few weeks and it seemed she was in luck!

The recent Gryffindor graduate didn't see her boyfriend's uncle...
                                                                        brother... thing. She really didn't know what to call him anymore....
                                                                        so she decided to head on into the back room. She figured Damien wouldn't mind. She knocked politely on the door leading to the backroom,
                                                                        despite it being slightly ajar, before sticking her head in and grinning.
                                                                        "Hey Damien! I was hoping I could talk to you for a few moments before you got busy with first years!"

But she said, "Where d'you wanna go?
                                                                        How much you wanna risk?
                                                                        I'm not looking for somebody
                                                                        with some
                                                                        superhuman gifts.
                                                                        Oh I want
                                                                        something just like this.

░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████
      ooc: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey

Cara MiaKitty

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
      Other Stuff
      Get GCash