Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
A Fortuitous Day: Tarot Clutch Touching Open! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:45 pm
This egg was very quiet. Ichta debated pushing further to see if there would be a given thought now, but instead she pulled her hand away and nodded. "I agree. That is a good way to be," she looked over the other candidates, standing at eggs, wondering quietly what thoughts they were sharing with these unborn dragons.

Would the dragons inside remember these private conversations? Would they see faces to go with them and remember that yes, this had been the one for them. Or would they somehow, upon birth, simply already know from a mere touch of minds that the one that had felt right - that completed them - was right there, waiting for them.

She moved quietly from the High Priestess over to The Moon, gently touching it's mottled surface and nodding.

I see you are here with your friend, she looked over to The Wheel of Fortune and nodded, are you happy here, together? I hope you are. You can be together and maybe soon you'll find your other friends too.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:48 pm
Of course the Magician would see it's dreams come true -- and surely it's Rider would help -- and it would get a Rider. Of THAQT Amila was sure, smiling. Surely it's mother and father would share what they could -- it was so clear the gold loved her eggs, and Amila smiled a bit. Still, she watched the candidates being shooed from the Empress to move on, and, decided not to spend overlong. Shje liked speaking to every egg, so far, minus the Emperor, but that wasn't bad, she decided. It was simply a personality conflict. Amila gave the Magician a warm pat before rising, moving to look among the eggs in curiousity and wonder. So many yet to meet -- who next? Finally, she approached the Wheel of Fortune, sitting by the egg and touching it gently, slowly feeling more confident with the event now.

"And hello to you, little one!" Amila greeting, tone warm and gentle. "I hope you don't mind company a short time?"  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:55 pm
Sorry. I'm not good at small talk. Cami thought. It wasn't personal. She could hardly hold up a conversation with her own species either. It didn't mean she wasn't curious (and, indeed, intrigued) by what the hatchling chose to show her, though it was holding something back as well. That it was going places, she had no doubt. Big things come in small packages, she thought, smiling a little. Her father used to tease her with those words when she was young.

I'll look forward to it. She thought to the Magician egg finally, before standing up, moving her hand from is shell. Though she'd love to linger, it seemed doing so was what had caused much of the earlier drama. And of course, The Empress Egg was right; they only had so long to see the eggs. It would be a shame if she didn't get to meet them all.

She looked around the sands again. What other eggs were wanting of candidates? As she paused to look around, she spotted Caderyn near the Empress Egg and lifted a hand in a short wave. She knew he'd been near the Devil when all the commotion was going on, and though she didn't know exactly what happened, that must have been shocking. Not staying to chat though, since he seemed busy anyway, she continued on to the Tower Egg, standing up still next to the space where the Devil Egg had been.

Quietly vigilant, like one presiding over the hatching grounds, she wondered what its take on the events of the Touching was.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:22 pm
To hear such confidence coming from the baby dragon made him feel oddly humbled. He smiled faintly, allowing himself to feel inspired by such words. He too, would climb until he'd reached the top. His fingers left the green shell, and the young man carefully moved across the hot sands towards a new egg.

Ichta caught his eye, and Goran watched as she left a lavender colored egg to move onto others. He decided to move on to the High Priestess Egg. This egg did not give off any feeling--not like the others he had touched. Goran found that he was perfectly fine with that. Silence was comforting. Not everyone needed to share their thoughts--he naturally tended to keep to himself.  

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:36 pm
Chayrel gave the egg one last little pet, before quietly removing his hands and stepping away. The dark skinned man didn't know what to say to that. While he thought he felt a hint of pleasure, the egg remained aloof. Unfortunately, he didn't know if that was just how the egg was, or if it was something about Chayrel that kept the little egg distant.

Clearing his thoughts -- or at least attempting such a feat -- the boy decided to move over to The Tower. This was one of the larger eggs of the clutch. He reached out to the touch dark green and speckled egg, and let his hands stroke its shell. Hello, he thought, trying not to wonder what to think. It wasn't easy facing the judgment of hatchlings, and Chayrel couldn't help but feel strangely exposed. That was what they were supposed to be though, weren't they? There was no wall wide enough, or tall enough, to keep out a dragon.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Cahlusi's grin only broadened at the response from The Empress, and his eyes lit up with pleasure. A most lovely shell, to be sure, Cahlusi thought at the egg, doing his best to allow his sincerity to show. He lets his hands trace almost lovingly down the egg -- not a difficult fear since he was a rather affectionate man. And this egg was a good egg. A great egg. A beautiful egg. Your shell must be woven from the mornings golden rays and shines just as brightly. The most perfect of eggs, for the most perfect of dragons. Your hatching will be the most thrilling of all.

He gave the egg a few more pets, not quite ready to leave. He was waiting for his sister, but also didn't feel a need to rush away. This egg did deserve every second of admiration and not a minute less.

~ ~ ~ ~

Shinnikan couldn't help but grin at The Judgement Egg. It seemed so wistful, that the man couldn't help but coo over it, just a little. You're quite pretty! You're the brightest and most rich shade of purple I've ever witnessed. I'm sure even the tailors couldn't dye such a deep hue. You stand out among all your siblings, and are positively eye catching. It was true. For though there were blue and gold and white eggs, the rich color of the Judgement Egg did rather stand out among them all.

At least as far as Shinnikan was concerned.

faesinger

Siriath dutifully relayed Uridith's recommendation and threat to his rider. Gr'del's frown deepened, even as Luiciand did his best to explain what happened. How hard was it to think happy and complacent thoughts? While he understood that every clutch was different in how they responded to Candidates, there were reasons he preached about trying to keep ones composure, and to focus on positive and happy thoughts and ideas.

He stared down at the other lad, and made sure keep his expression schooled. "Keep your thoughts schooled. Feeling one emotion or another too strongly can have unintended consequence. I trust you've learned this. Remember, happy thoughts; positive thoughts; even if you don't like the response, keep your emotions in check and if you have to sit out for a few, do so."

He stared down at the boy, before giving a small grunt. "You can return. Any other misrepresented thought will get you grounded to the Stands. Go on now." And he waited for Luiciand to return. Hmph. While he was far from impressed, he crossed his arms and went back to watching the group of Candidates. He noted that Rham seemed to be lingering near the Moon Egg. He'd wait and see what the boy did next -- and if he had to shoo him along, so be it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:49 pm
With a sharp nod to the Gr’del, he turned back to the eggs. Luiciand, now assured he wasn’t about to be yanked off the sands be it by the Candidate Master or the mother dragon, walked over to the Empress Egg. As much as he had wanted to avoid the egg that clearly contained a gold dragon, he had realized something as he was talking to Gr’del and wanted to acknowledge it. It is possible what he was doing would get him kicked off the sands entirely, but it was worth doing anyway.

Laying a hand on the Empress Egg, he said out loud in a strong voice that carried across the sands, “You saw what was happening, didn’t you? With the other egg.” He remembered the temptation to simply linger and not do anything. As well as the others that had clearly given in to that temptation. His eyes carefully did not linger on Caderyn. “And you did the only thing you could to stop it trapped in that shell. Thank you.” Maybe it was only something that someone that had touched the red egg would understand, if that, but he wanted to let the little dragon in the gold egg know that someone understood.  

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:31 pm
Demanthra was still smiling from the visit she had with the blue egg, glad it agreed that its siblings were interesting. If she had time, she would have to remember to go back to it, to share what she had learned. It seemed to thirst for knowing what was happening, so if she could help, she would return. If not, she hoped the baby dragon would get to witness more when it hatched. For now her attention was on the lavender egg, feeling like it was studying her. Demanthra looked up a moment to hear the announcement the red egg could have visitors again, but under their watchful gaze.

Well, you may not give much away, but I think that just shows you are more observant. Nothing wrong with that, I hope you see that I am a person who likes helping others and making people smile. I love playing music,she thought to the high priestess egg brightly. She didn't let the quietness of the one inside get to her, after all, Ashlyn was quiet at times too. Waiting a moment, she wanted to see if the egg would think anything to that, before she would move on.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:45 am
Karone hadn’t thought it was expected, or even really permitted for men to touch the golden egg. After all, a queen would turn up her nose at the thought of Impressing one of them, or so he’d been taught. In light of that, he was surprised to feel a tug from the Empress egg, as if she wanted him to come back. He decided to oblige the dragonet within, and returned to the egg as soon as the previous candidate had stepped away. “Dear lady,” he murmured as he stroked the golden shell, “I did not mean to seem to overlook you -- I was trying to be respectful of your person, knowing you are reserved for someone else. What would you ask of me?”

---

Lenix was disappointed that the Magician egg had not really answered his question, but nodded. It didn’t owe him anything, especially after his dimglow introduction. It seemed like a nice egg, in spite of it all. So dragons had dreams, too. It gave him a warm feeling inside, realizing that they were a lot more like people than he had expected. “I hope you get to see your dreams come true,” he told the egg.

He held back his next thought, filing it away for sifting later. He was ready when it was his turn to touch the next egg, the Sun egg. He admired its lovely shade of blue as he petted it. “Your shell reminds me of the sky on a warm night,” he told it. He wasn’t so skilled with words, but he sent the dragonet a clear mental image of the darkening sky, with stars just beginning to wake up and show themselves, and the sensation of warm air just barely kissing skin as the breeze lazily winds its way by.  

Teiha

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:19 am
He felt the parting call of the Wheel of Fortune Egg and felt bad for leaving it. But they were being hurried along now, and the were baby eggs left to see. Still, of he had time at the end, he made a note to go back and visit it again. Hopefully by then it would have had more playmates.

Riagan winced as he felt the sting of disapproval from the egg, then immediately bristled to it. He had no reason to feel guilty. He hadn't done anything to make the egg angry. But he did, nonetheless, from empathy alone. Something had upset the Emperor egg, and he couldn't help but feel bad about it. The more people talked about it, the less it seemed to have to do with the Devil egg itself and more to do with its lingering crowd of attendants. He tried to imagine the eggs were his siblings, and how he would feel about something like that.

It makes me angry when things aren't fair for everyone. Maybe its the same for you?

As to the Emperor's question, he unconsciously stood up straighter as he answered. He could handle it! He thought, confident. It was hard to admit he had ambition, but he did. He wanted to change things, to challenge the status quo. But for that you needed to have power. No one listened to those without it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:25 am
Tasinei

The Fool Egg
Ah, everything was just so exciting! The egg sent a wash of its own energy through the girl, as if Daesilena needed the boost. The egg really wished it could get out there and meet everyone or go somewhere. Perhaps this one would ask Uridith or Takareth to pick it up again? Getting moved was great fun!

Ruhane Chiisai

The Star Egg
On the hand that touched the orange egg, there was a gentle feeling returned. It was bright, happy, and pleased that the girl seemed to enjoy its egg. Still, it didn't want to overpower its siblings touch, since the girl was touching both. With a gentle greeting, the star egg fizzled back into itself so its sibling might better get attention.

The Sun Egg
The Sun's touch was much more energetic! A jolt of pleasure and delight would run through the Farensil's hand. Wow, what a sight! While the dragon within didn't really know what constellations or fire or any of that was, it was pleased be part of such a creative story. Unlike the Star, whose touch was light and subtle, the Sun's was bright and strong.

Meepfur

The Heirophant Egg
The egg seems to consider Nadry's words, though it's good-nature never seems to waver. What is your place anyway? The egg seems curious and encouraging, if perhaps thoughtful. Too many, including its siblings, struggle with the same thoughts. They seem to forget the importance of their positions, and have little respect or care for their roles. If an egg could tut, i would have.

BastetAmun

The Sun Egg
Oh, top of the morning to ye, the egg seems to say. This egg would give Dorianus a burst of bright joy, almost akin to a ray of sunlight pushing through among the clouds. The day is well here, getting to meet all these interesting people. But fear not, the Candidate needn't say anything if he doesn't wish to! The Sun is more than happy to meet him quietly and with just as much fervor as the others.

demon_pachabel

The Moon Egg
Ah! The Moon Egg would seem to press back, and splash Ichta with humor and happiness. It is in a much happier mood now that it is getting attention again. How good of Ichta to come meet it. It is certainly enjoying the company of the other egg. Right now it's pretending to be the parent egg, and the Wheel of Fortune its own baby. Isn't it a splendid plan? Is Ichta the Weyrleader then? Or perhaps nothing more than a hopeful drudge sneaking upon the Sands? What role does Ichta wish to play, do tell it now!

DruidTigeress

The Emperor Egg
The egg seems to consider Riagan with calm curiosity, and perhaps a pinch of amusement. Such ambition. It will be a difficult fight, and the Emperor will be curious to see how Riagan handles himself. Riagan wants to change the world, but what if it doesn't need his kind of saving? Then what will he do?

Masterharper
Vice Captain

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:50 am
Rennati

Rennati's hands stroked the Empress egg gently. So it was worried for it's siblings was it? "I have a sibling at home that I often worry about, so I know that kind of worry. It seems that your mother, Uridith, is quite attentive so I think your siblings will be okay. I don't think Uridith and Takarath would allow anything to happen to your siblings, or Lestenna or V'kenti or Gr'del. You're right to be worried as anyone should worry but don't stress yourself little one, there are lots of people watching over." She gave one last comforting rub to the little Empress. "I'll go check on the rest of your siblings for you too." And that she did. The candidate didn't go far, she found herself in front of a lovely rose colored egg. "Hello there, I hope you're doing okay." She placed her hands gently on the Moon Egg's rose colored shell  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:14 am
Ichta looked up briefly as Rennati joined her at the rose colored egg, nodding and offering a smile to the other candidate.

Then she looked back to The Moon as it told her it's adventures in play, even where it was now. It seemed like this child would enjoy play and make-believe. She smiled. I don't know what Role I want, dear one, but I.....I wish I could be braver than I am. That is the role I would like to play. I don't mind being small, and perhaps being meek isn't bad, but I wish I was more bold sometimes.

Instead of being a doormat.

Nilah44
Quoted because Ichta acknowledged Rennati's presence ;p <3

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:55 am
The silence he felt at the beginning was to be expected and Caderyn felt himself sigh some. He had probably already ruined this hatching already because of what happened. The feeling of sulking reached him slowly and his eyes opened wide some, surprised he had felt anything at all. It made me feel guilty for making the young dragon inside feel that way. Hearing that it did not need the apology and that it wanted him to touch all of the eggs, Caderyn nodded his head, before he remembered the egg couldn't actually see it. I promise, splendid one was that too much? He didn't want to seem like he was trying to please the egg by complimenting it, the word just fit and slipped out of his mind. I will touch all of the other eggs. He did not add that touching all of them had been his plan earlier before he had been ensnared by the devil. He still felt ashamed by that. Thank you, for speaking with me, when you did not have to. He lightly stroked the shell as he noticed Luiciand had come to the Empress egg so he moved out of the way.

Once more Caderyn's eyes scanned all of the eggs, his eyes moving to see Cami at the Tower Egg. He gave a wave, wondering if she saw it, and he felt embarrassed to know she had probably seen him weak and ensnared by the Devil egg. He shook his head as he moved towards the other large egg, the striped Emperpr Egg. This was another one he did not feel he had a right to touch and he didn't expect a reply as he cleared his mind before placing the palm of his hand upon the shell.

What can I say expect that I apologize. Did he apologize for his weakness? Caderyn didn't know. He had been surprised by the feelings from the dragon within the red egg, he had never felt something like that. He was still green when it came to feelings of need or having someone to want for you to stay there. He pushed those thoughts from his mind, trying to focus back upon the emperor egg and the feelings he had gotten off of it at first. You are confident. I should take your example I believe.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bright feeling of joy that filled Dorianus mind made the young man pause some. He smiled in spite of himself. He was never a very happy go lucky young man, yes he could be happy but most of the time he was seen with his lips in a thin line, not a frown nor a smile really. He had to admit, he liked this egg, the joy that it radiated, as well as being content with what was going on, the fact that others were meeting it and it was looking forward to meeting others. I thank you. I will move along so that others can meet you and feel the joy you shared with me.

His body did not shift far from the sun egg as he removed his hand, looking at the small orange egg that was leaning against the larger egg. He placed his hand gently upon the shell of the Star Egg. Hello Perhaps this was the best way to start all of this off. He wondered if the Star egg was close to it's sibling in the egg that it was leaning against. It seemed as if it wanted to move closer to it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:38 am
I'm not sure exactly what my place is yet, she answered The Hierophant. Would it think her lacking because of that, she wondered? I hope it's to ride a dragon, but failing that I suppose I'll have to decide on a craft. I just know I don't want to go back home, get married and have babies, and turn into my mother. Not that her mother was a bad person, not at all...Nadry loved her, but she didn't want to be her. The girl sighed softly then, not over the topic but for the passage of time.

I should go soon. We're not supposed to linger too long, and I should meet all of your siblings. She didn't lift her hand yet, though, staying long enough for a proper goodbye. It would have been rude to just cut off their conversation and leave so abruptly.  

Meepfur
Crew

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:31 pm
Oh, well this hadn't been what Rokar expected, he could almost FEEL the Star Egg lean into his touch, no little one, but thank you, you're a very kind baby, I hope your rider treats you as you deserve, you're very sweet he thought to the egg with a big smile. He hoped the little one got the chance to live as they wished, but also that they would be strong enough to make it In the world, especially now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mallan nodded to Lestenna, "yes my lady" he said, bowing. He would have gone back to the Death Egg but the Gold rider was on her way to it. She would put it right, he was sure. He was also glad his worry over the egg was taken the right way by her. He'd been afraid he had been presumptuous. Taking one last look at the Death Egg, he moved on to the Tower Egg and laid his hand on the shell, "Hello there" he said, wondering what this egg felt.  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff