Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
The Spooky Clutch Touching: Trick or Treat! Open! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:13 pm

Well, well, well. Cesare removed his hand, turning it over to stroke the side that had been smote. It didn't actually hurt, but there was a sense of tingling. So, the eggs could truly see inside of one's soul? He didn't know whether than was intriguing or vaguely unsettling. In any case, he had other eggs to meet, and no time to waste on someone who could not see him for his true value. He gave the egg a faint nod, and left its side.

There had been another tugging at the edges of his awareness. He had quite intentionally avoided it the first run through, but now... now, he confessed himself curious. How would this most popular egg respond? Crossing over to the fiery egg, Cesare lightly stroked his fingers across its surface. "Hello," he said, taking a bow. Who was this dragonet? What thoughts lurked beneath that vibrant shell? The Demon Egg had caught his notice, and he intended to discover it for what it was.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:17 pm
The request wasn't lost on her, and she had to smile at Angel. Yes. She could do that. Moving over to the wailing Banshee, Her hands both rested on his shell, gently. Hello there, little one. Your sibling says you're upset....It's going to be okay. Frightened and nervous as she was, her entire energy was gentle and kind, her mind full of happy thoughts of sunlight, warm breezes. Why not try to soothe the upset egg at Angel's request? It needed help.  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:18 pm
Serfie cringed for just a moment at the pitiful feeling coming from Banshee ... just a moment was all "Hey, you gotta stop thinking like that, i've lost family but i'm here, hoping for the future, if all you can think about is death in the future, then you can't enjoy the NOW, you wont find the joy in your person when you hatch, so you need to quit crying ok?" her thoughts were stern but not without compassion, but she couldn't put up with wailing for no reason, she needed to try and make Banshee understand so that it could ENJOY life, and not have to worry constantly over the death of all things. "Will you try? look at all these people, they want to Impress, to enjoy loving a dragon, they're not worrying about the future, yes death happens, yes we can be sad but we can't let it consume us completely okay?" she thought a bit softer this time, staying with the Banshee Egg a bit longer

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Farellen was curious and slightly amused by the Vampire's interest in him. "well, i'm Farellen and hopefully, if you're not Gold, i'll Impress you, or one of your clutchmates, but that's only because i CANT Impress gold, you know, not because i don't like them, you're all lovely to me" he rambled a bit, somehow eager to please the egg.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:22 pm
~Phayton~

Phayton felt an overwhelming anxiety wash over him, just as Vimiath rose from her seat and picked her way through her clutch to the little dark blue egg -- which was right next to the yellow and pink egg he was touching. He felt -- heard, deep in his soul -- the wailing of the Banshee egg, soon joined by the mournful howling of another egg, then another. What was going on? This wasn't good; this sort of thing didn't usually occur during a Touching.

Preemptively he put an arm around Jailla and drew her close to protect her, at the same time trying to calm the Frankenstein egg. "It's okay, it's okay," he murmured over and over, stroking the shell soothingly. "Your mother is here, and she'll make everything better. No one's going to hurt you, ever." He felt the egg wriggling beneath his hand, and filled his mind with more feelings of love and security even as anxiety threatened to drive those thoughts out. "I know it's a lot of people -- they're trying to help the other egg. See? They don't mean any harm."  

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:29 pm
Miach (HR)

At the Banshee Egg's cry's, tears formed in Miach's at the poor eggs suffering. Before Miach could do much more to offer comfort to the egg Vimiath had wandered over and took up the egg in her claws, offering her own comfort but allowing others to still touch it. Miach noticed several candidates still touched it and rose to her feet to do the same. "I am so sorry sweet one that I didn't notice your pain." She thought softly to the egg, not afraid of Vimiath but respectful of the boundaries between herself, the dragon and her egg. "Can I help ease your pain?" She asked of it, wanting desperately do to do so, or if she could not, help in some way until someone could. Miach used gentle strokes as she had upon approaching the egg that insinuated a caresses that was meant to instill warmth and love toward the egg. Seeing anyone or anything in pain hurt the girl herself. It was why she loathed hunting unless absolutely necessary, or doing other deeds that caused undue harm to others.

Kambri (W)

When the Banshee egg had begun it's cries Kambri couldn't help but feel sad at the suffering it seemed to be filling, but with the crowd of candidates coming closer and Vimiath herself there to comfort the egg he wasn't sure if there was much more he could do himself other than offer it warmth, cuddles and endless amounts of love that he would gladly share. "I wish there was something that could be done to help it." He thought, projecting it to the Siren Egg. "Maybe someone can help calm and take it's fears." He mumbled.

The Siren Egg drew his attention and he couldn't help but chuckle and blush himself at the response it gave. "Yes, you are marvelous." He agreed. "Black sands is a tropical paradise but with so much natural beauty--when you aren't focused on the pirates or other.
. .
"
He trailed off, thinking it was better not to talk about the worst parts of his homeland. "You remind me of a bit of how the water sparkles in the sunlight, yet at the same time how clean and glowy the land seems after a good rain." Kambri continued, trying to tell the egg of the parts he most enjoyed about his home.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:29 pm
A smile bloomed on Shahera’s face. It was such a delight to meet the egg. She did look up and watch as the Queen moved over to one of the eggs and tried to suppress the flinch at the howling. Looking down at the egg again she told it, “perhaps now would not be the best time, little one. You will be here to meet us very soon though and I look forward to playing with you then.”

Keenly aware of the distress that seemed to be growing in the hatching sands, Shahera picked her way carefully around the eggs and other candidates so as to not linger at the first egg too long. She wanted to go to the egg that was so distressed and help it, or to calm the one that was so very over excited. But they were already surrounded by candidates and the Queen as there too to comfort. She did not want to overwhelm any of the eggs either. Were touching usually this emotional?

She reached out to touch the Angel Egg but hesitated. Would it want to be touched while everything else was going on? She wasn’t sure, there was no way of knowing without touching the egg. With respect and trying to indicate that she would withdraw her hand were it desired, Shahera rested her hand against the shell of the Angel Egg.  

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:38 pm
Jagmund

Jagmund jerked his hand away from the Angel egg with even more force than he had from the Hunter. If he wasn't colour-biased before, he certainly was now! Such emotional dragonets would have to be greens, he couldn't imagine any other colour being so touchy about his desires! They just reinforced that a strong, male colour would suit him and his goals the best. Yes, yes, working together and all that was fine, but what was a group worth without a proper leader?

His mood had gone from a cocky cheer to a seething bit of anger. But before he could do much, a lot happened in quick succession. First the gold Vimiath came to the eggs to cradle one in her claws, apparently having been upset by something or other. Then... the Werewolf egg howled with such mental vigor that Jagmund clung to his head and wished for it to stop. These eggs...

Jagmund thought about going back to the Demon egg, but for a moment, the bright colour of the Gargoyle egg caught his attention. It seemed quiet over there, so he made his way over to it with some haste.

He put his hand on it's shell and sighed. There is a lot going on, isn't there? I could use a break. How about you?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:40 pm
Lissa

Flinching at the loud AWOOO-ing that threatened to split her skull from the inside, Lissa shot a glare at the werewolf egg even as a flood of anxiety hit.

She never would have thought it possible to have the same feelings she'd had for her precious dolphins replicate themselves with dragons. And yet, the anxiety and worry she felt pouring from the Frankenstein monster egg... the way she felt it reaching for her... She knew that by rights, she should move on, but she wanted to protect this egg. What did it matter if she got in trouble? A dragon needed her help and she was going to give it to them.

Placing both hands on the shell, she closed her eyes and drew up every calming feeling and thought she had. Most involved the seas and the time she'd spent in them, swimming with the dolphins.

"Sssh, it's all right, little friend. Your momma is going to help your sib. And we're just going to ignore how bratty your other sib is acting. And if it doesn't stop howling, I'll... I'll find a way to smack it on the nose for causing you such worry!"

------------------------

Esfir

Clapping her hands in delight, Esfir would have liked to stay longer with the Siren and may have even tried. Except for the awful howling that rang out. Slamming her hands to her ears instinctively, she found it did no good. Flinching, she mentally apologized to the siren egg for leaving and staggered over to the Werewolf egg. The mental noise was even worse here, but she could feel the joyous undertones in the howl. Still.

Falling to her knees and putting a shaking hand on the egg, the girl tried to send calming thoughts at it.

"Please," she whispered. "I want to play and have fun too. But this isn't the way to do it."

She remembered her earliest years in the hall, acting the brat and the harper who had turned her from a potential little monster into someone people actually enjoyed being around.

"Please," she whispered again, thinking she'd just taken on a futile task. "Can you at least howl a little less loudly? It's kind of hurting my head and it's hard to talk to you."

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:43 pm
-----------------------------------------Dolmar-----------------------------------------

Ahhhhh, ha ha haaa, yes! This was what he'd come to the weyr for! Both hands splayed wide atop the Vampire egg, feather light and yet locked in place, unable to pull away (or unwilling, perhaps). The sizzle of power, of mental alacrity, of a will that he could feel turning to regard his own in return...it made his very flesh tingle with delight. What a splendid, powerful, clever dragon this one must contain. And it liked him...as well it should. Who else here was worthy of such dignity? The odd urge to bundle the egg up, hide it away where only he could come to know it, swept through him as the egg pressed into his mind.

It felt almost like being taken advantage of, but also like he very much wanted it to happen. Like...like the allure of all those dazzling courtesans when first he'd come to the hall. That thought sparked resistance in the young man, though he did not remove his hands. Mentally he tangled with the Vampire, seeking both to some how push back that encroaching presence, and hold it dear and tight. It was a powerful egg...but Dolmar knew that he deserved the best egg. He would submit to no less, allow for nothing but that perfect, potent, preeminent dragon. What about you, lovely golden-shelled one? Were you worthy of him?

So fixated was he that the young man entirely missed Vimiath's arrival, Banshee's wailing, and even the 'AWOO' of Werewolf washed right off him, unnoticed. Locked in challenge with Vampire...or under its thrall? His hands had yet to stray from it, nor his eyes to leave its glittering shell.

Only when Marinel physically pulled him from the egg did he seem to come floating back to the surface. He yanked himself free of his twin's grasp, staring back after Vampire...and then sighed, and let himself be led. A hand was absently thrust against Wraith, though he extended no mental probe towards the littler blue egg. It wasn't it's fault...but he couldn't help looking back. First at Vampire...and then at Demon. Vampire...Demon...Vampire...hmm.

-----------------------------------------Jacquol-----------------------------------------

Oh boy, ooooh boy. Here came momma. Jacquol quickly released Banshee to its mother's claws, eyeing it warily. It really had been upset, huh? For a moment she'd thought it'd seemed to calm, to consider her thoughts before it'd been scooped away...Well, hopefully Vimiath would be able to settle it. It was just a bit too awkward for her to keep stumbling through consoling the poor thing. Honestly, life wasn't so bad! It just needed to keep a stiff upper lip. Stiff upper...shell? And now with the mother so close...

She moved to take a step away, then a sharp 'AWOO' made her jump, yelping and whirling back to plant her hands on Banshee once more. Had that been Vimiath? Shards, she hadn't meant to insult her by turning her attention away from Banshee! Heeey now, hey now, it's alright! She could feel a slight prickle of sweat along her brow. If the egg got more upset and they got kicked out, would it be her fault somehow? Sheesh. There were no windows to dive out of here, or ropes to swing away to escape on. "Bit yellow-bellied, for such a blue egg...poor thing." She muttered to no one in particular. Everyone died sooner or later, right? Wasting the time up to then crying seemed like a sad way to spend life. Besides, those dead and gone she'd always thought would want those who lived to be happy, not glum about it.

Or maybe she was still just too young and reckless to worry about it.

-----------------------------------------Falienn-----------------------------------------

Falienn's stomach lurched, rumbling as if he hadn't eaten just an hour or so ago. The crashing waves of hunger seemed to be coming...from the egg? His dark brows furrowed and he leaned in, as if to discern if that really were the case..when pow! With a snapping snort he was sent reeling back. Wait his turn? Think of food? Really? His stomach rolled again, and tugged his hand from the oh-so-offended shell. Was he only going to get rejection today? Well, that was sharding fine with him then. Forget waiting. He wanted to get this done and over as fast as he could.

Pointedly turning away from the reddish egg now, instead he simply palmed the somewhat larger Wraith. Yes, hello, he's sure he's terrible, go ahead and lash out, he'll be gone in two seconds anyway. This one had a dreamy blue look to it...but he could just imagine the retort he was going to get. Clearly this Western clutch was no good for him, but that was just fine and dandy. Are all of you so snappish, or do I just have bad luck today? Not even the lovely other candidates could distract him now from his displeasure. Ah well. A sudden shrill 'AWOOOO!' made him startle again, hand jerking away from the Wraith. What in Faranth's name had THAT been about?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:44 pm
Lennik

Lennik briefly startled when Vimiath came to join the group assembled around the blue egg and he looked up at her with a nod. "I'll stay with it," he assured her, reaching to keep his hand pressed against The Banshee Egg's shell. He steeled himself up to accept the weeping, bolstering himself up to embrace it. It will hurt. But there are things out here besides pain, little one. There are good things too. I will hold all the bad things and all the hurt, so please try to feel the good things.

He kept his shoulders squared and stood tall, unwilling to falter under the weight of this little one's feelings. They were perfect valid. He just didn't want it to miss the forest - the flowers, the grass, the animals - for the trees. There was so much more, and this little dragon could have it all.

----

Martirae

Martirae lingered. What was she keeping in? A lot of things, for sure. I wonder if what's in there is still any good. Her fears, disappointments....there were a few things in there she kept just for herself. For a moment, Marty faltered, but she quickly forced herself to recover. She opened up all the doors of her castle for The Gargoyle to look through.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:46 pm
No, this egg didn't seem particularly friendly, either. Marinel's eyebrows knit together before he paused. Was that coming from an egg? What was that? It seemed friendly! Hopefully he'd find that egg.

"Let's go try this one," he led (dragged) Dolmar over to the Wraith egg "You were the first I wanted to come see," he said, and put a hand against its shell. He'd liked the colors on it. "I'm Marinel, nice to meet you."

~~~

Jailla went still at the sudden anxiety. She looked to Phayton in horror. This was nice? She sent feelings of warmth and happiness to the egg, trying to calm it.

She moved instead to The Siren Egg and placed a hand on it.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:19 pm
Rennati (HR)
Rennati obliged the Djinn egg and stroked it's shell a few more times. “I've only met your werewolf sibling so far but I'll try to stop back by and let you know!” After she felt suitable time had elapsed she said her good bye and moved to the next egg. The next was a rather bright egg, the Frankenstein monster egg. “What a vibrant shell you have!” Rennati said as she touched the shell lightly.

Varinia (Western)
Varinia chuckled slightly at the zombie eggs small response. Well they were all expected to have different personalities. She approached her 3rd egg, the Hellhound egg , hoping for more of a response than the last. “Hello, I hope you're doing well and everyone is being nice!”  

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:49 pm
She blinked at the Demon Egg's calm questions. How much could she really tell it in just the few minutes she had? She loved pretty dresses and accessories; going to parties in those said dresses and accessories. What good were they if no one saw them? Rinis hoped to see herself become a dragonrider some day. She didn't mind if she had to wait a little while longer, she'd waited this long already. If a dragon for her was never born though, she wanted to become a firelizard breeder. The young woman pursed her lips together at the question of what she desired most. Well it was......

AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOO~!!
AWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

A wild screeching was quite loud and she flinched. Rinis crouched down beside Demon and covered her ears with her hands. Ouch. Her head was still ringing. Slowly she blinked and lifted her head as the noise stopped. She was fairly certain which egg that might have come from. Rinis eyed the candidates around Werewolf and wondered which of them had caused that.... outburst.

She was about to move to her next egg, but froze in place when she saw the gold mother rise from her spot. Rinis held her breath until the gold had once more settled. In the center of the clutch. Oh no. Keeping the Hellhound Egg between herself, the gold dragon, and the vocal Werewolf egg, Rinis placed her hand upon the brighter, but quieter Hellhound Egg.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:51 pm
It was incredibly hard to contain the feeling of wanting to join in with the wondrous urge of wanting to create as much noise in rapturous glee as possible. But Kieza smiled and shook her head slightly, quietly shaking the feeling away from her mind. The Werewolf Egg was an incredibly boisterous creature for sure!

Standing, she slowly moved among the eggs, particular to keep a respectful distance from the mothering Queen as she crooned at an upset egg that was cradled in a massive paw.

Setting her sights, Kieza leaned down and brushed her hand across the soft comforting grey colored shell of the Djinn Egg. Hello, little one.... Kieza mentally whispered, hoping her thoughts would be heard. Come out and greet us, won't you? Your shell is so lovely, so I know you will be! Like a beautiful storm grey sky!  

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:52 pm
That was not at all what she expected to hear. Not a hero? Or at least not the one that she could be, what did that mean? Her long fingers stroked the shell gently and she sent a mental note of thanks to it for the advice. Though it still confused her she would at least take that to heart, as best she could anyway.

Lifting her head as Vimiath joined the fray, Amra made certain to stay well and away from her. Not surprisingly at all she cupped the Banshee in her claws, though the words were lost to her. The Banshee brought back entirely too many memories for her with it's mournful wailing and there was no way that she was going to let more memories fly off of her shelves!

The howl broke through her thoughts, scattering them and drawing her attention to the little black egg. What a riot it seemed to be! What a ruckus it was making! Maybe she would visit that one when it calmed down a bit so she didn't draw near that level of attention to herself.

Pulled over past the howling egg to a little pink egg with mottling she reached out and tenatively touched The Ghoul. The other Candidates paitiently waiting around it made her uncomfortable at first.

"Are you watching all of this unfold? You look a little distracted by something else, but you're rather lovely."

Would the small egg push her away as well?

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff