Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Disney & Harry Potter Touching] Do You Believe In Magic? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:17 pm
Elyk - High Reaches

There wasn't any answer this time round from the Colors of the Wind egg save for the lightest of flutters that Elyk could have missed himself. Deciding that it was time to move on to another egg, he turned his attention to the other eggs in the clutch, looking over each of them in turn before settling on the You'll Be In My Heart egg that didn't seem to be getting much attention compared to some of its siblings in the other brightly coloured eggs.

Hello there. How're you feeling today? He reached out with his mind as he rubbed the egg's surface gently a few times with one hand.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:23 pm
Orri

"I bet you will!" Orri agreed with Gryffindor with a small laugh. "I can't wait to see you all on the sands. Be show ready!" He pat the egg fondly once more and then moved on.

"It's not really about having a plan," he told Falienn, sounding oddly sure of himself for someone who had never done a Touching before now. "Happy thoughts and all, but you also have to be, like, confident in yourself too?" And surely Falienn wouldn't have a problem with that, right? But just in case...

Orri commposed himself and tried to lead by example. Expecto Patronum, in contrast to Gryffindor, felt so sober even before the boy reached out. Intent, almost. He couldn't blame it: there were a lot of people about, now, and all the eggs were awash in attention. He pulled back some of his enthusiasm and tried for more respectable than fanboy. "Watching for danger?" he guessed.

ShinosBee

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:24 pm
He smirked, a private expression for the little egg.

Thank you, he thought. I'm not as jumbled as I seem, I promise. And even if he was, he didn't want to talk about it. Still, something about the surety this hatchling displayed lent him focus, and Rykin rose to his feet with renewed purpose, stepping up to the Once Upon A Dream Egg and casting his mind out toward it as he gently touched its shell.

"It's very nice to meet you. I hope you're enjoying yourself."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:05 pm
Finnisa
Woah now, wo-hoah! That was one spicy meat-a-ball! Er. Egg! Finnisa was grinning wide at the shock of enthusiasm from the big striped egg. "Alright now, alright, you were almost out of patience, huh?" She trailed her hands along the streaks like it was a critter from her family's herds—it couldn't run and jump, but she got the distinct feeling it would want to, if it wasn't in an egg. Life's definitely an adventure, but you're not quite ready yet, little guy! Or girl! "Well mostly I just want to meet all you guys! Gosh, though now I feel a bit bad having to move on. Mmm...well, I'm sure someone else will come along soon. Sit tight, okay buddy?" It felt like asking a racing runner to stand still, but she sadly couldn't linger. One last rub to the tip of the egg and she was off, to the blue-skies shell of Nimbus 2000 nearby. "Doing okay in there?" She patted its cheerful shell lightly. "Almost expect to see a little bird marking here with a shell like this...not that you can see it, I guess...!"  

ShinosBee

Nerd

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:04 pm
Roana
Western

The red head laughed, silent yet merry at the response of the 'How far I'll go'. Egg. "Can't wait to get out of there huh? Well it's not long now and if you choose me. I'll tell you all the stories about all the places I've seen and how big the ocean is. Then I'll take you there." She promised, a little bribery maybe, but worth it, if it got the dragon inside to choose her.

Now set in a good mood by the first positive encounter Ro moved on, still really on the edge of the clutch she soon encountered the pale blue shell of the 'Someday my prince will come egg.' On the surface it seemed another pleasant positive egg, however as she lay her hand on the shell she felt the swell of romance from it which only made her think of one thing.

Nicara.

Since they had only been dating a few months they were still in the full blush of the honey moon phase, besotted with each other, unable to keep hands to themselves and utterly in super ooey gooey love. She flushed and muttered to the egg. "Oh you're dangerous, if you had me feeling like this all day I'd never get anything done." She told the egg with a dreamy dopey grin.
Or let Nicara out of her bedroom. But it was Roana's own mind that turned feelings of more innocent romance in that direction.

Sulamol
HR

Well now, Communicating with eggs was a new experience in and of itself. Not as clear as the simple words that he had received from the adult blue but he got the gist. "Yea, it's pretty fantastic. i am glad you were my first egg too big guy, you seem like a good sort in there." He muttered approvingly.

Oh right, gotta move on, gotta keep going. "Right. see you when you hatch." he gave Gryffindor a last pat and moved on to Lumos.
Mainly because it was right next door.
"Ah, ya seem to be another one that's friendly. And I heard these hatching's could get ugly, but everyone still seems happy, including the eggs."  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:04 pm
Tahirah

The gentle and soothing feeling that moved towards her slowly seemed to wrap around Tahirah, causing all of her anxiety and worry to disappear. She couldn't help but smile as she listened to the thoughts that slipped into her mind. You are a wonderful being. Whoever ends up with you will be quite lucky. There was almost a longing as Tahirah let her hand slip away from the shell of the egg. She wanted to stay here but she knew better then that. One more thought of thanks before she moved on.

The small pink and white egg beside the one she had just touched caught her attention. A sense of longing and yearning. Her palm was placed gently against its shell. Are you yearning for more then just feeling your future lifemates touch this day? she asked the Wish Upon A Star - Pinocchio Egg.  

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:37 pm
Lauthisen

The wiry man stood quietly as the egg investigated him, able to sense that, while crowded, it did not seem particularly unhappy to have so many people near. After a moment, he bid the egg a silent farewell and moved on. Their time was limited, after all, and he moved quietly on to the next egg. Talis had moved on as well, and though he paused to look after her... well, he was of a similar mindset. They could speak later, if she wished. For now, a much more important task was at hand. It was the blood-red Sectumsempra that caught his attention next... but as he drew closer, there was a distinct feeling of stay back that he could resonate with all too clearly.

Slowly, he held out a hand, but made certain not to touch the shell. If the egg truly wished to be left alone, then Lauthisen would oblige and leave it be. In essence, he was doing his best to ask permission from the young dragon before leaping into action.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:44 pm
Arlie

Most candidates reserved crying for when they found their better, four legged half, but Arlie's eyes pricked with tears as she was enveloped by the egg's gentle assurances. She hoped Haveli didn't see, lest it lead to a misunderstanding, and wiped her face on her free sleeve. "I like knowing more than not knowing," she confessed in a mumble. There had been so many unknowns when she and her sister had fled home, so much anxiety and uncertainty in their path. The weyr had been their first stable known quality in months, and she had flourished under a schedule. Well, in so far as a wilted flower could. "But, um, thank you." She sent Colors of the Wind a fleeting smile and pulled away.

Baby Mine's egg was...adorable. So small, with two little eyes peering curiously out...Arlie couldn't help but place both hands on it, the urge to just hug the thing rising. "Hi," she greeted it, almost squeaking. "A-Are you having fun meeting us?"

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Teiha

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:28 pm
A vast, empty cave is a grand place to shout and hear the echo fill it up and reverberate endlessly with satisfying volume. The rainbow-splashed egg had exactly that same experience inside of Gru’s head. With so little to compare to this infant’s powerful delight and approval, Gru was literally flooded with these previously unknown positive feelings. His shoulders trembled even as he tightened them, reigning them in enough that it was likely no one around him would notice anything amiss. It was the involuntary vibration of his own voice that really startled him, though. It was a low, breathy, wolfish sound, but something about it was almost… was he…

…Was he laughing?

He managed to pull his hand back at a fairly sedate speed so as not to alarm anyone, but was fighting to slow his breathing back to normal. A bead of sweat slid down from his temple. Why did he want to touch that egg again? It was… bizarre. He backed away from it, resolving to take a short break from the eggs until he was sure he would be able to handle the next one.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:49 pm
Soui - western candidate

For the first egg she ever touched to be so kind had Soui brimming with happiness despite how still she kept her face, and she was about to move on when someone took her hand and gave her a reassuring squeeze. Did she really seem that nervous? A glance around had her feeling that Tsuyat and Yudueth were watching, in their own way (with Remedy!) and she need not worry. Still, the comfort was really appreciated, as were his words, and Soui offered a nod of thanks before moving along to try and touch more eggs. She didn't know how long they were really allowed and so she was determined to try hard.

She settled her movements and stopped at the Let it Go egg. It was absolutely beautiful in more ways than one, and Soui softly placed her hand on the shell and gave a greeting. "You look stunning. I mean, your shell does. I bet you'll be just as pretty when you hatch, I can't wait to see it." Was it wrong of her to assume things? Was she doing this badly?  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:55 pm
Haveli she/her - high reaches candidate

Perhaps it was best that Haveli was far away from her sister or else the tears would have triggered something raw inside the teen. Instead her thoughts were spent trying to suss out the rejection given to her by the egg she just touched, though a smirk pressed her lips rather than anything else. So not a dragon for her then, they were not pleased and were unamused? Part of her wished to tell it to join the club, she had better things to do than play a guessing game at what an egg would think, but alas. All the eggs needed touched and she moved on.

Not too far, of course, as she came to a stop in front of a rather....interesting egg. Was that an eye, or something supposed to resemble one? Her thoughts clear again, save for a nagging at the back of her mind of want, Haveli spread her fingers over the shell and greeted the Death Eater Egg. "Are you unhappy with being here too, or was I just lucky to meet that dragonet first?"  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:00 pm
Fisher - high reaches candidate

The eggs were supposed to talk, right? Right? The same thought crashed into Fisher's mind again as once more her hand was struck, or something of the sort, and she started to doubt if the Candidatemasters had been entirely honest or, well. Looking around she saw a whole sea of expressions on people's faces, some even having conversations with the eggs in various stage of emotions. Clearly the eggs were talking but just....not to her?

Was there something wrong with her?

Maybe, but then again she knew she was a fisher and not a dragonrider, so maybe the eggs or whatever was in them could tell too. It was sort of tiresome, this wondering and whatever else, and so the teen waddled a bit before stopping to place her hand on an egg. It wasn't as much to touch it as it was to rest, and she needed to be careful lest the Firebolt Egg move beneath her weight. "I wonder if I'm really meant to be here? Maybe?" Eyes looking down, she seemed to finally notice the egg and the weird feeling it too was giving off. "You wanna go somewhere else too?"  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:08 pm
Yurastar - a western accident

Aside from having to assure his mom (and dad, and siblings, and the Twins) for the upteenth time that this was what he wanted to do, what he needed to do in order to try and find out more about himself, Yurastar was already off to an amazing start. He'd managed to keep his clothing on as well as both of his sandals, not to mention he hadn't been covered in something weird on the way over. Hoping that his luck would hold so long as he thought happy thoughts and pushed his way in, the awkward teen went to bow to the golden parents....

. . . . . only to accidentally kick himself in the back of the leg, which prompted a honk of surprise as he face planted into the hot, hot sands. It wasn't anything super dramatic, as he was able to get back up and dust himself before hopefully anyone (read: everyone ) noticed, and he attempted a second, more successful bow this time. His manners towards dragons were impeccable thanks to the Twins, so naturally just giving his thanks was probably the easiest event of the day; the second easiest was deciding which egg he'd like to touch first, as one had caught his eye the moment he'd stepped out.

Carefully and slowly, so as not to risk the wrath of anything should he mess up, Yurastar made his way over and placed a happy hand on the You Can Fly! You Can Fly! You Can Fly! egg. Something about it called to him, and he could feel excitement bubble up inside his chest. "Are you ready for today? It's going to be amazing, I bet."  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:35 pm
Rahmi | HRW

Of all things he had been expecting to maybe experience when touching an egg it wasn't the feeling of needing to try to brush webbing from his face and hair. How odd! Rahmi blinked at what followed, looking of anything kind of like a kicked puppy, confused and a little stunned, he withdrew his hand. 'Oh. Okay...Good talking with you...' He straightened up and siddled away from the Forbidden Forest Egg. Well, that was just one of many, right? Not all would be like that, he assured/soothed himself. Next he moved to the Hufflepuff Egg and swallowed before placing his hand on the shell.

'Hi. I know what your sibling said, but it's polite to introduce yourself. I'm Rahmi and I hope your day is going okay.'

````````````````````````````````````````

Solameya | HRW

Solameya couldn't help herself when she scanned her gaze across the numerous candidates gathered for this touching. There were so many eggs, so many potential pairbonds. While this was still her first ever Touching, Solly remained outwardly very cool and collected. She had paused and bowed deeply to the gathered and ever watchful parents, as one does, before beginning to thread her way amongst the eggs and those touching them. Where to start? Narrowing her eyes as she weighed her options, the woman made her decision and dropped into a squat next to the small white Expecto Patronum Egg.

Thinking outwardly, she sighed as lightly pressed her hand to the pristine shell. 'Hello, little one. Very pleased to meet you.'  

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:48 pm
Rhylune -High Reaches Weyr

Rhylune was excited, this was her first touching and there was two clutches! Surely one of them would be her dragon and they could go on adventures with each other and do great things! Energy was bubbled up in her stomach and her limbs and she couldn't stop her gaze from flickering from the masters and back to the clutches and the rainbow shades of the shells and oohhhh.. where was she going to start?

She did manager her bows, and perfectly, flowing and balanced to both queens and to both bronze fathers and Krah. Rhylune was just so happy to see the blue on the sand, taking care of the clutch. He was just as much as the clutch father as any bronze!

She swallowed her giggles using the deep breathing tricker her father had taught her, who had been taught by her grandma till she was sturdy and focus and stilll sooo excited but constraint. We are dancers, excitement for the performance for the audience in is in our blood but sometimes you have to pull it in so your pose and balance doesn't suffer.

So many eggs and she stopped, focusing on the Felix Felicis Egg and it seemed just as excited as she was for the day! Rhylune grinned brightly, reaching out and laid a dark hand on the cool white shell, 'Are you enjoying your big debut?' She certainly was, and she wasn't even the star.  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff