Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
Revelio and Open Sesame! Double Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:01 am
Helane

Helane was visibly tremblin with both the effort to stay contained, and the excitement. When the green hatched Helane let out a noise like a strangled tunnelsnake, a wheeze/squeak/shrill whine kind of noise at around the same time another girl also made a noise "it's ok" she said to Rhylune "jumping shipfish this is just.... eeeeeee" she tried to stay as quiet as she could but it was hard, hopefully she didn't scare anyone or draw too much attention to herself, but as amazing as the bronzes were, the green bouncing about on the sands now, was the first that could maybe be HERS ..

It took her a moment to realise she'd been nudged and she turned her head to Fahn. "honestly? the touching is a bit of a blur" she said, her wide grin wider, combined with her wide eyes was starting to look even creepier than normal "I hope she's mine but i'd be happy to just see her Impressed safely, they told me they can Between if they don't find Theirs, that would be the worst... " she admitted, her voice a normal conversational level, but for her, this was a whisper.

Shaddaling
Rhylune

demon_pachabel
Fahn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:04 am
Rahmi | He/Him | HRW

Rahmi sighed at Tizenia's sentiment and wrapped an arm around her shoulders, giving her a squeeze. "It'll be okay, Tizzy. Yes, it's early, but we're all here together. It's exciting!" He peered around at the wobbling, shifting eggs, gasping in delight at the sudden appearance of the Felix Felicis green. "We have to be here to give these babies the best chance at finding theirs. We can stretch and stuff if it's because you're tired still?"

Taibbi's arrival drew his attention. He raised his brows and he bit back a grin at her exclamation. He waved with his free hand. She seemed to know Tizenia. "Good morning. Wanna stand with us? You're more than welcome to!" The boy paused briefly to coo over the Once Upon A Dream bronze comforting the anxious egg. "It'll be fun to have more people around, I think."

Thaliawen

Princess_Feylin

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

Akina Tokuwa

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:05 am
Calla -- High Reaches

It had been a series of sleepless nights for Calla. She had found her nights a bit fitful. Unusual doubt chewed at her dreams, and her unconsciousness gave into far more insecurity than her waking self ever would. And she definitely wasn't alone. Other Candidates seemed to feel the same restlessness; no doubt she was not the only one with bags under her eyes.

When the humming had begun, she had been in the bath, scrubbing herself with sweetsand to try and rouse her constant drowsiness that seemed to chase her since the Touching -- and then, an eerie and beautiful humming. At first, the girl wondered if this was another nightmare, but then other candidates were moving and dressing, Calla among them.

She threw on her robes, trying to carefully smooth them as best she could as she slipped into sandals. It was like diving into a river, the throng of them moving onto the Hot Sands. And no sooner had her feet began to burn that the first cracks began to form. She tried to glimpse anything she could, but she wasn't close enough. However, it was impossible to miss the proud bronze that emerged from the Slytherin egg. The hiss from the dragonet was foreboding, but its mother's roar made the hairs on Calla's arm stand on end.

Calla took a deep, steadying breath, forcing herself to stand confident even if the rest of her teemed with energy. She was excited, eager, amazed, but also a touch nervous. How could she not be? It wasn't just the first Hatching she had ever seen; it was her first Hatching ever. Her eyes closed briefly and she pushed out positive, calming thoughts the way they had been taught to do. The dragonets knew what they were doing. It was her job to project calm to try and make it as easy for them as possible.

The Slytherin dragonet was moving, and it wasn't alone. Another bronze joined it! Two metallics already. If the double clutch hadn't been Impressive before (it always was), it was only growing more and more with each wobble of an egg. And Faranth help her, there was a lot of wobbling going on. A green emerged next with gusto, throwing egg goop. She watched the bronze go to comfort the wobbling Hufflepuff.

Other Candidates were talking, buzzing. Calla herself felt very still and observant. It was like being part of a magical science experiment.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:05 am

Between the loving, familiar thoughts and the wing spread over its shell, the baby inside of the Hufflepuff egg was feeling a little better. Better enough that the crack in the shell widened. With a ponderous, lopsided roll, the egg broke open. From beneath the obscuring shell emerged a pale snout. Followed by a dark brown clawed paw. Curiously enough, there seemed to be a faint shimmer to what little hide was visible.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Ryuthulhu

Golden Knight

15,750 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Mystical Adversary 25
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:12 am
SaekagiWas that... was that another metallic?? Or a brown? It was the second hint of hatching that didn't, at a glance, quite want to give up its secrets, like that strange greenish bronze, and now this one.

He couldn't remember what kind of impression it had given him, that sort of information seemed like it was just entirely gone, and he wasn't sure he'd have been able to remember anyway with -so many eggs- but they seemed pleasant, more or less. More shy, less dramatic than the perky green or her loud hatch-mate.

He was quite in favor of polite, quiet dragons right now.

"C'mon, you can do it. It's fine..." He muttered under his breath about the Hufflepuff egg.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:15 am
Rylyrr -High Reaches - He/HIm

Rylyrr smiled at the bronze as the hatchling reassured the other egg that was his niece? nephew? He had forgotten what the relationship was between the queens. Just that there was one and ooh.

"There they go." The large egg was starting to hatch, and he could make out the pale snout and brown paw and maybe a brown? Or a rather dark bronze. "Do you think the little one is a brown, a bronze, or perhaps.. a rather dark gold?" Rylyrr questioned.

Meepfur

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:20 am
Dehka

That egg... The one that Kahbrohm was interested in--it had definitely moved, and the boy couldn't help but glance towards his brother. Who was still pointedly not looking at him. Well, that was alright. And that was about the time arms wrapped around him, a face pressing against his back, and Dehka froze. His mind flat-lined at once, his mouth falling open with shock and surprise as he frantically tried to figure out what was happening "S-Soui?!" He squeaked, and then gave a gasp as a green burst onto the sands. His flushed cheeks were temporarily forgotten as he stared at the dragonet with wonder, unable to stop a smile. She seemed so happy! That... that was really good.

His breath caught again when a large, pink egg shifted, unable to help the way his chest suddenly tightened with anticipation.... and exhaled quietly once it stilled. Not quite yet.

The more protective bronze caught his attention... and that was when Dehka noticed the yellow, frightened eye peeking out from a shell. "Oh..." He breathed, immediately welling up with concern for the young dragonet inside. It was okay! Everyone here was really happy to meet it... but it could take its time, too. There wasn't any rush...

houllow

--

Lauthisen

Ah. He nodded with approval as a green hatchling burst forth from the egg, looking quite pleased with herself. That dragon... she'd been delighted even when in the shell, and it seemed as though her personality hadn't altered much. "Cute." He mumbled under his breath, then stiffened once he realized he'd spoken aloud.

Well. She was.

Meepfur

--

Iathe

She certainly hadn't expected to be hugged, and a blush suffused over Iathe's cheeks, her blue eyes widening even further with surprise at the kiss. The young woman was speechless for a moment, staring at the older girl even as her fingers came to her cheek. "R-Roana," She started, then coughed furiously to compose herself. "I--" She blushed furiously again, glaring at her feet even as she took a deep breath. "I've decided... no matter what color of dragon I get, I'll still find a way to be important." Her gaze snapped up, and though she was still quite embarrassed, she managed a smile for the Western candidate. "But... thank you. I have a good feeling about your chances, too." Her hand snaked out quickly to grasp the other girl's, giving it a fond squeeze.

Martirae and her comment was almost enough to knock her off her guard again, but Iathe only smiled and gave her a nod. "You'd be the fiercest dragon I know, so I'll take that for the compliment it is." Ah, but a beautiful green baby... and was that--was that a shimmer she saw from the Hufflepuff egg?

--

Phryana

More oohs and ahhs... a green had come forth into the world, and she could have chuckled as some of the girls straightened visibly, their hopes clearly written into their posture. But they were beginning to shift and whisper about something she couldn't quite see, so the woman carefully threaded her way to the side, her dark eyes thoughtful. For a moment, they landed upon Cedarian, assessing him in an instant. What she found was apparently acceptable, for she stayed where she was.

"So many of them are panting over the thought of one of those two glancing their way," She murmured, nodding towards the bronze dragons. Ah.... a pale nose had emerged from one of the eggs in the back. No wonder everyone was abuzz. "I don't think most of them know how to dress themselves properly, let alone prepare for the role of leadership..."

Uta
Have some catty observations about other boys.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:23 am
Reya | Western Standidate | she/her/hers

R'bin's return seemed to take forever, but Reya hadn't really been paying any attention until he bumped her with his shoulder and told her to budge over. She obliged without taking her eyes from the events unfolding below on the sands. When he asked her what he'd missed, she gave him a typically succinct description, figuring that he had probably been receiving updates from Huarangith the whole time anyway.

Briefly she tore her attention from the hatching dragons to look around for the warm, recognizable red of her brother's dragon's underside. She had no doubt he was perched somewhere in the heights, watching. It took her less than a minute to spot him, even among the preponderance of draconic viewers. That ruddy belly was really quite distinctive. She smiled in his direction, even though he was not paying her any mind, and then turned her gaze back to the sands just as the egg which had cracked first broke open.

"They're remarkable," she observed to R'bin.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:30 am
Falienn
Oh. The egg...hatched. He leaned forward just a bit, unable to keep himself from trying to spot what'd come out. He felt bad—the egg had seemed shy when he'd touched it—but still. He was...invested, a bit, in that egg. In its happiness. It'd made him feel happy too, for a minute. Made him feel like maybe the day wouldn't end in tears and screams and agony. Obviously, such a good, kind hatchling would go to a good and kind person (so definitively not himself), but he still would like to see it. Just a peek, maybe, before it went off to where ever it was to go. Something to better chase the nightmares away.

The hint of a claw, a snout. Brown? No...there was a shine there...Really? He'd never considered a metallic dragon could be that shy, that humbly, gently loving. They'll love you, you know. Whoever they are. I would, but...well. He'd spent too long mentally rejecting the idea of a bronze, and such a match felt as distant to him now as the idea he could ride a gold. That was to say, it was impossible. You'll never need to worry, I promise. I...we. They, they will love you. But they would also prefer you to be happy, so. So don't hurry.

Plus, the sooner they'd impressed, the sooner they'd be gone. And he didn't want that hatchling to be gone. Not quite yet.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:31 am
Akaris
Oh, it was finally going to hatch, now that it had a friend! Good! And it was...also metallic? Maybe? Rylyrr voiced the same thoughts and she squinted, trying to make it out. "It's hard to tell from here, could be any of the above. I'm sure it's beautiful, whatever it is. I'm glad it decided to come out!"

That made four dragons out now, and so far all well-behaved, but at this rate, it wouldn't be long before things got a bit...crowded on the Sands, which would be a cause for concern. But for now, she was happy to be distracted by thoughts of handsome bronzes. Obviously, Fianth's bronze had an important job to do, but maybe when he was finished, he might look this way at a certain tall candidate... Akaris squeezed Rylyrr's hand and continued to watch.

Shaddaling

Meepfur
Crew

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:32 am
SOUI

Taking her place beside Dehka, Soui looked out to the sands just in time to see the egg she'd been worried over grow more confident. A nose, a claw. Little bits were coming out and shining, or was that a trick of her eye? "Another bronze, maybe? Or a brown?" Her words were soft whispers to Dehka, and Soui swallowed. "Maybe a....gold?" It didn't matter the shine of the coat, the color of the hide - Soui wanted happiness for that egg and a chance to see them face to face. To smile and bow and welcome them properly, so glad they took their time and followed their own path. Perhaps one day they'd meet again on it as friends.

The confidence the Hufflepuff egg was showing gave her a boost in her own right, and Soui swallowed and finally smiled for the first time. "This is going to be amazing, don't you think? The green is so lively, and the bronzes have such different personalities yet they're still so amazing."

Tsunake
dehak dehkaaa dehka

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:40 am
Lucius—High Reaches Candidate
A nod of affirmation towards their words, Lucius still couldn’t help but smile. “It doesn’t, and there are so many eggs.” He shook his head some. “I’ve never heard of a double clutching happen.” There was a sheepish smile now. “Though I’ve never actually looked or read any of the clutch records.” He did hope that all of the babies were able to find theirs, they did already know or have an idea from the touching didn’t they?

“I’m glad. It can be daunting standing your first time.” Though he wasn’t an expert, he had only stood for a couple of hatchings since his time here. Their question towards him had the smile falter for a moment as his eyes moved to the two bronzes that were on the sands. One of them had moved over to an egg that seemed quite nervous and draped his wing over it. That action made Lucius smile once more. “Well, they are both confident. I don’t know if I ever saw myself as impressing a bronze, but I do like that one.” He motioned to the one by the egg that now had a claw and snout coming out. “He seems to care about others and wants to help. It’s what I want to do.” His eyes found the happy little green and he turned back to them.

“What color are you hoping to impress?”

”ShinosBee”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C’ryn of Bronze Aresoth
Never being one for sleeping in C’ryn was already awake and seated at the table in his weyr drinking a cup of Klah when everything started. The young man almost jumped up in a hurry at the sound of the humming and then he remembered the past turn while the bronze dragon lounging upon his stone couch chuckled inside of his head.

Did you forget you already have a dragon? There was no anger in his tone, only amusement. It caused C’ryn to shake his head and run a hand through his hair.

“Old habits die hard I suppose. This is the first hatching since you and your clutchmates.” He moved towards where the large bronze was, the pair of them moving to the weyrledge. It had been strange to graduate but then again even though he had been hoping to impress it had been strange to move from a candidate to a weyrling.

Once the straps were on, C’ryn climbed up and Aresoth took to wing, moving to find a vantage point to watch the new hatclings find theirs. Shall I drop you off? The implication in the words as they circled with the others, Aresoth humming all the way, was clear. The only difference was that C’ryn shook his head. While he would have enjoyed watching this with his father and mother, with L’iand and Aryath or even….Alumet…he found that he would rather spend it beside Aresoth.

It’s been a while since we’ve just…sat and watched something together Aresoth. The words were greeted with a wave of fondness from and to the both of them. Memories of the last hatching, how C’ryn’s eyes had been on another egg and the jealousy that had been sparked. His brother’s hide still held the scars from that as well.

Alighting onto their perch, C’ryn slipped down to sit on the edge, eyes watching the sands. As Aresoth laid down beside him and the young man moved to lean against the great bronze, he elbowed him gently. “Look, there are already two bronzes on the sands.”

Quote:
C’ryn is up with Aresoth and might not be able to interact directly with anyone, but feel free to interact with Aresoth if any of you want.

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Teiha

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:40 am
Vaali
Already there were so many babies, bronze, green, and… what color was that latest? Its exposed toes looked dark, but it seemed like there might be a sheen to its hide, if it wasn’t just egg slime. She spotted a fellow weyrbrat (and agemate!) nearby, and scurried over to her, pointing at the cracking egg. “Lusi! Look! Do you think it’s another bronze?”

Uta

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:41 am
Talis
And finally, something not a bronze! The appearance of the green was almost a relief, for some reason, which gave her pause as she considered the feeling. She wanted a dragon, surely, but she wasn't impatient for one. If there wasn't one for her today, that was fine, she had time and was willing to wait however long she had to...so why was she so restless about waiting for chromatic dragons to hatch? Thoughts to be chewed on later.

Lauthisen dubbed the green 'cute,' and her lips quirked up into a little half-grin. Not a comment she expected, but she did have to agree. "Yeah, she is."

From what she remembered of the egg, probably not the sort of dragon she would attract, if any, but cute.

Then the distressed one hatched and was...who knew what?

Tsunake

Meepfur
Crew

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:43 am
It was early, but that wasn’t the trouble. But the trouble wasn’t accurate anymore, was it? She wasn’t alone. She didn’t have to face the overwhelming crowd and new surroundings by herself. “It’s exciting,” she echoed, trying to believe it. It was scary, certainly. And the dragonets were precious! But they were dangerous, too.

She gave him a smile, and then looked to Taibbi. “I didn’t want the last words my sister and I said to each other to be a lie. I told her I’d be with friends.” She’d never been comfortable in a crowd, but she knew these people. Until Rhiyn showed, that was. Blood?

“How do dragons know who’s the right one?” She asked.
“Princess_Feylin”

Avid_RPer18

“Dea and #Teddy#”

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games