Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[ORP] Heroes & Villains: The Double Clutch Hatching Feast Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:37 pm
Zyamel & Venandith
The thrill of Impression still hadn't left the girl, and likely wouldn't for some time. To have one's lifemate after so many Turns without--even if she grew more accustomed to Venandith's thoughts, to the separate feelings that weren't her own--she knew that she was forever changed. No matter how her mother and the Candidatemasters had tried to explain, Zyamel had been unprepared for the shock of it.

"Okay, so you might have missed everything, but you know you'll hear about a hundred different versions after tonight," she laughed, thinking back to that morning. It almost seemed like a lifetime ago, almost as if they were different people. Perhaps, in a way, they were. "Between the hatchlings and the politics and the upsetting of the Queens--" she gave a low whistle and a shake of her head. "Harpers will have fodder for months." Not to mention, of course, the darling gold Anakumath, and the protective gold Mictecath. She hoped both golds were amicable sorts--but from the looks of Anakumath, with her head burrowed against Martirae, there would be no problem there.

When the girl mentioned the next Turn being the easiest part of their lives, Zyamel gave a small tilt of her head and another laugh. "Maybe. Threadfall will be heavier by the time we graduate, and only get worse. I suppose the challenges will be different, if nothing else. Gotta make sure we can rely on ourselves and one another first... Which might be questionable," She mused. Surviving weyrlinghood was the first hurdle, but also making new rider mistakes was the second. It wasn't that Zyamel doubted she or Martirae would have issues; but there were some softies in the bunch, and some... well... She'd walked out with Venandith in time to see one of the weyrlings with a knife in his foot. "Then there's all the politics and drama on top of it..." She gave a snort, reaching a hand up to push some hair back.
She'd have to deal with being a woman on a brown, and what that meant; but Nyara and Martirae would have an entirely different world of politics to navigate. "Just don't let any dickwad bronzer try to sweet talk you too early," she mused. "Or brownriders for that matter!" She grinned. "...present company excluded, of course," she winked in her usual shameless (but for once legitimately harmless) way. She wasn't sure what it was like in Western Weyr, if goldriders were cooed over like darlings like they were in High Reaches, but every rank chaser would be watching Martirae and Nyaranau.

There were enough goldchasers out there she felt it her due to at least warn her friend. Even if she was certain Martirae was more than equipped to cut them down to size. Friendships sometimes came with a price when one rode a metallic, especially in High Reaches.

Venandith, for his part, looked back at the gold, one of his eyes whirling a bright blue. At least this one didn't seem to want to steal the show--not like Ingoth or Canicheth or Samodith. No, this one seemed to want to hide. How.... peculiar. Hardly! Anywhere I go is the best place to be, because, let's face it, there isn't a one here who is as perfect as me Besides which--Anakumath was drawing eyes, whether the little gold realized it or not. He would take his spot here, and hope that they also might see the terribly fetching, most wonderful, most perfect paragon of all dragons next to her.

When Anakumath once again seemed to crumble, the brown gave a little flick of his tail. There are many dragons, and many sets of eyes. But I have no doubt if you really wanted attention, you could get it. If you don't want it, though, well... I'll just take it for you. Give them something to admire in your stead. It seemed like a perfect plan to him, really. Let the little gold hide in Hers' skirts--he'd stand there and give another stretch of his wings, just like so. See? See was anybody looking? Handsome, beastly, big brown front and center.
demon_pachabel

- - - -
Zheria
The woman allowed the other Weyrwoman to take her about he floor. She had no problem moving along with the others style. She had once been a woman of many talents, long before she'd ever come to the Weyr. No Craft Trained Courtesan, of course, but dancing had been a required skill to know. "And I say once more," she spoke quietly, "Let them admire. It is a party, is it not? I've invited nothing but friends... What is an enemy or two?"

To be fair, threats against her life were not uncommon. She was unpopular with certain circles, and didn't exactly go out of her way to make friends. With Nabol to her south, she doubted Gansley would make such a bold move. But who else? A new player to the game, perhaps? "For you see, my Captain, I feel safe in your arms, as well as within my Weyr. There may be tunnelsnakes among us, but we've dragons in our Weyr." She had her people, her way. She had Ink. She had.... eyes and ears all over. "I have no doubt we'll burn down the nest."

Perhaps it was time to reevaluate her friendships and her circle of friends.
Mr Cheri
[

- - -
NPC Wingsecond L'rul & Taralth
A certain someone had caught his eye while he had made his rounds, greeting guests, socializing with various riders and guests, and ensuring Candidates weren't drowning their sorrows too deeply. By the time he'd finished his congratulations, the brown haired man found two glasses of sparkling Benden White, and made his way purposefully over to where she stood.

"Alumet," he called out, not at all shy about his approach. Why should he be? He might not have known her well as a friend or fellow weyrling, or even a wingmate, but he was a Wingsecond and he'd watched her Impress a Turn and a half-ago. "What a crime to have so stunning a lady without a proper audience. Perhaps I might make up for such a slight." He mused. "A drink, m'lady?" He offered up one of the two glasses, good humor in his gaze.

There were many lovely ladies out this night, but right now, he was interested in the blonde. He was used to her having quite a crowd... Or at least a dark-haired friend. To see her without, well... Why shouldn't he take advantage? Nothing would be gained simply by standing on the sidelines, and nobody else had yet approached. Besides, a little wine and a little drink never hurt anyone. It was a Hatching--it was time to celebrate
-_Wish of Tevarae_-

[On deck for tomorrow night-- Kronoseth & C'rian! Ce'rian & Cythereath! Fianth & Olliah! Lusialu? Alusia!? NPC Numero Dos!? E'ros!??!!? WHO KNOWS! For now... The Great British Bakeoff!]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:35 am
Alumet of Gold Zenobiath

The sound of a male's voice surprised her, and it shocked her even more to see L'rul there, offering her wine. Nonetheless, the woman brushed back a strand of blonde hair and laughed, her eyes studying his face in idle curiousity. What was he wanting from her? Attention? Or something more? For now, she would indulge. Gently, lithe fingers took the wine, daring to brush his own as she did so. If he was going to be so forwards in his approach, then she would deign to reward him for it, "L'rul. Aren't you a charming sort." Her words were fond, teasing as she took her first sip. Full lips were curled in to a sweet smile, a sense of mischief about her as she moved a bit closer to him, content to tease ever so. It was one of the greatest tools in her arsenal as a Goldrider, after all. "Deciding you want to rectify my loneliness with your company and wine....I will happily take of both." That got a conspiratorial wink, as she took a bit of a deeper drink. How daring, how delightful. He certainly was a welcome sight right about now, and she was going to see just how much fun she could get out of his presence.

Why not? She was entitled to such attentions. Was she not lovely? Was she not charming in her own right? Not to mention her status as a young Rider of such a beautiful Queen. "What brings you to my side, other than the travesty of my lack of accompaniment? Surely you had something in mind beside wine and daring words~." Though she had no doubt he perhaps only wished to celebrate. It was, after all, a Hatching Feast. There was much to celebrate, like the new metallic hides, and the number of chromatics that now graced the weyr...and even the whites, though Zeno had her concerns about them. Those things hardly mattered to Alumet, though.

Uta

Rune of Green Saevath

Tired, yes. This whole affair is so silly, though if you're enjoying yourself, perhaps I might find SOME delight in the goings on. The little Green's eyes settled in to an orange tone, occasionally flicking to blue though not for long. She moved from her Rider's shoulders to her lap, nuzzling down in to her legs and demanding more food. No matter what Rune was on about, she had priorities, and Saevath was the top of that list. The girl, however, turned her gaze to the dragon more out of the fact that she was worried, and almost afraid to admit what she was going to tell Tahirah, "...No. It's like he's avoiding me, and I kind of don't blame him." It was simple as that. She didn't blame Rhys. Impression was something they'd both always dreamed of, but she'd always thought that He'd be the first one....and that she'd fall behind. SHe'd been ready for that...not this.

BastetAmun.

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:32 am
Aniela of Brown Xaphrith

Oh please, my dearest hearts! Go go go. Let us go to the party and see Yours, and enjoy the atmosphere! Perhaps I might find attentions with a lovely Blue, Brown, or Bronze. Aniela rolled her eyes, laughing at her Dragon's antics as they landed. Sliding off the Brown's back in her Gather best, Aniela knew she was a beautiful picture, with tanned skin, golden hair. and blue eyes. Her dress was a sapphire blue, hugging hourglass curves, and glinting with embroidery as she slowly moved through the fiest. Now....She wanted to see what girls might've Impressed to Browns, and if her beloved Dr'stan was here as well.

S'lene of Brown Croglinth

On the fringes of the feast stood a severe looking woman, with cold gray eyes, and cropped, dark hair. She was a lovely in her own way, but stood apart, prefering to study others. Closer to her Brown, she listened to the low rumble of the grumpy dragon, who still was unsure as to why they'd come here, Why are we here, S'lene mine? It is not as though many of these find favor with you, and even fewer still dare to approach you. "Because it's polite. Croglinth, now hush and watch...." Might as well scope out the new Weyrlings.

Rhys

He was still aching, and now Rune wasn't even trying to follow him. However, the boy was ready to see at least ONE person now. He moved through the throngs of people, and the little dragons, head down, and over to Olliah. His head was down, fingers gently clinging to the woman's shirt as he tried not to let his anxiety and pain show all too much. He was all too happy to be near his foster mother, and her Golden dragon. He was glad for Fianth, and her Clutch, but at the same time....He'd missed out. Rune was with a Green, and he was alone, "Sorry....I hope you don't mind...."

Uta

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:36 am
C'ryn of Bronze Aresoth

Spending most of the time after the hatching with Kiri, C'ryn had taken a few moments to go back to his weyr and clean up, as well as change his clothing. Aresoth was slightly prodding C'ryn to make an appearance, to show himself and mingle with some of the lord holders. That was really not something the young man wanted to do, he wouldn't even go to the feast if he could help it but, well it would be nice to maybe get a bit more food and maybe even some liquor. A change of scenery would do Kiri some good as well.

So it was C'ryn had dressed in a pair of nice dark grey trousers, a light grey shirt that had thread to tie the collar closed. Over this he wore a dark brown hide doublet with bronze clasps and then a dark cape that was draped around his shoulders. His dark hair was tied back in a low pony tail and a nice pair of black hide boots finished off his ensemble. He knew he had to still dress well even if he was just making an appearance to grab food and then leave. He was still a bronze rider after all.

Aresoth flew down to the bowl with C'ryn riding without straps. Once the young man was off the bronze took to the air again and landed upon the ledge that Eveleth was seated upon. He inclined his head low to the Queen and then to Siloth, his Wingleader. Good Evening Eveleth, Siloth. He took note of some of the others that were upon the ledge but he had been invited by the Queen and was very pleased by it. The fact that C'ryn was not staying irked the bronze some but he knew his rider's heart was in the right place after all.

C'ryn moved through the crowds, nodding his head to those who acknowledge him before he made his way to the food table. A sight did catch his eye, causing the young man to take another look.

The sight of Alumet dressed up had his heart beat a bit quicker tempo, the urge to move over to her, to wrap his arms around her and pull her against him...and yet he wouldn't do that, wouldn't have done that even if he was not going back to spend time with Kiri. That was a kind of affection that was not going to be shown in public between them, not where others would see and assume something. He understood Alumet's position and his own, the sight of a Wingsecond speaking to her and Alumet flirting back did make his heart sink for a moment. He wouldn't begrudge Alumet anything if she wanted a Wingsecond or Wingleader more then him. He was only a wingrider, even if he was upon a bronze..

That was neither here nor there, C'ryn turned back and began to make a plate of food, grabbing some of the more savory dishes before he turned to move towards the kitchens. He had a request for the Headwoman anyways and he was sure she would happily oblige. While wine was nice something a bit harder was needed this night.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-
For mention and noticing Alumet and her suitor.

Uta
Aresoth is there upon the ledge even if C'ryn shall be missing the rest of the festivities. He is honored of course.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Tahirah of Brown Taoloth

It is very amusing, to say the least. Taoloth moved to sit down a bit nearer to his green sister and her rider as Tahirah moved to sit beside Rune. She watched her friend, a hand running over Taoloth's headknobs as she did so.

"I'm sure he will come around. It will take some time...It has to be hard as well, to have seen that little green go between. Perhaps there had been a hope among many of the candidates that they could have offered the little green what the dead man could have." Though she couldn't help but wonder if she was making things worse, she wasn't that great at comforting, especially if she didn't know what to really say. "At least this way, when he does Impress, you'll have already been through everything and could help him."

-_Wish of Tevarae_-"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Al'ndru of Bronze Alucarth
User Image He had been there for quite some time, watching everything that was going on. Alucarth had chosen to perch upon one of the spires, the bronze dragon still seething about the display at the hatching. The fact that someone...some western bronze had dared to speak to their Queen like that, let alone his mother...well he was just not in a pleasant mood.

It didn't help that Alucarth wasn't doing anything to keep that anger from Al'ndru either. The man knew how to deal with it and yet, it was bleeding over a bit more. He had been a bit annoyed at what had happened, mostly surprised that anyone had the gall to say what they had. The death of the young man and then the green that had been meant for him had set a somber note to the end of the hatching. He would go and find Olliah and Fianth later, to offer his condolences. Alucarth planned to do the same to his dear sister but right now she need to spend time with her children that found theirs.

He had found a table closer to where the wine was and grabbed himself a bottle. Al'ndru had the decency, at least in this moment, to have a wine glass as well, pouring the red wine he had grabbed into it and drinking it. He would normally have preferred to drink straight from the bottle but...well Alucarth was reminding him that he was a bronze rider of High Reaches, a Wingsecond and had appearances to maintain after all.

Quote:
Anyone can bother Al'ndru or Alucarth

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr'stan of Bronze Ddraigth

User Image Moving through the crowd, Dr'stan was watching the newly impressed weyrlings more then anything. He didn't have an obligation to watch them, he wasn't a weyrlingmaster assistant and yet he was curious about there.

There was such a difference in temperament between the two clutches, not to mention within Rhianth's clutch as well. He could understand how some of them would have their hands full, his own Ddraigth was one of Rhianth's brood, which the bronze was very happy about.

There was one bronze he was curious about meeting, or perhaps it was more wanting to meet the rider then anything else. The bronze that had killed the young man upon the sands and just...stood there. Dr'stan didn't know if it had been caused by any stray thoughts of ill will, the entire hatching had been a huge mess after all...No, the bronze seemed to be so strong willed and he was curious, and hopeful, that the rider that was chosen was just as strong willed as his dragon.

Spotting the young man and his dragon with a young woman, Dr'stan thought about walking over to them but decided against it. They seemed to be involved in a private conversation so he would decide against interrupting. Perhaps at a later time he could introduce himself and get a gauge of the man.  

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:37 am
Try as she had to not dream of what her future would be on dragonback, what little floating pieces that lingered in any candidate's heart were easily squashed pieces of ash compared to the radiance of the reality. A start in a new place and loved so deeply by such a wonderful being. Truly, one would have to work hard to try and hold even a fraction of her heart in that moment.

“I'm sure I will. I have already heard the odds and ends of it,” and of course the upset of that bronze, which drew her ire in a different way. Living as a Weyrbrat had allowed her certain recognition of her home's dragons and that one? It didn't stand out too strongly. “I wonder how soon we'll hear some ballad. Their pens must have been writing furiously even before the candidates were set loose,” and likely some tragic story about two lovers divided by Weyr politics was already halfway to fruition. Likely some story about the golden clutchsisters was also in the works, and she couldn't help but glance down at Anakumath, wondering what light she'd be painted in.

Threadfall. Martirae seemed to register for the first time that it would be different than she'd ever imagined it. Watching the Wingriders who returned had painted a particular picture in her head, mostly because she had never imagined Hers would shimmer and gleam so. “Some of our classmates already don't have my confidence,” Marty was not embarrassed to admit. Especially as she watched a certain new bronzerider who'd gained a reputation back home as a candidate. “Either they'll change my mind, or they won't make it to graduation.” She'd shared her strong opinion on the too soft of edges some hearts had with Zyamel previously, after all. “But I will dare hope the Weyrlingmasters will handle the challenge.”

Raising a brow at Zyamel's warning, Marty first glanced towards Anakumath, then took a very pointed look around to see who else had eyes on a supposed prize. Ulix's look her way was met with a pointed look and a feral smile. “Let them try,” she challenged, though there was still a hint of humor in her voice. There was little doubt that some would look at the anxious gold and not knowing better would suspect they’d find similar prey in Anakumath’s choice.

Such confidence from her beloved only helped Anakumath so much so soon, however. Tucking her wings in close, she couldn’t help but appreciate Venandith’s brimming confidence - and why wouldn’t she? There were many things worse than that. And here you are, sharing with me instead of keeping it all to yourself. How kind. There was no hint of mocking sarcasm in her voice, the statement meant as genuinely as she’d said it.

Though half of such charity was likely in that she was such a willing and captive audience, offering another look over of the brown as he stretched out his wings. There have been a lot of thoughts and a lot of eyes today, she’d not hold the wicked thoughts against those who had thought them, but truly if she’d not known precisely who it was she was looking for, it would have simply been unbearable. Even what little she’d been lusted after in her walk across the sands had been too much. Surely much of it is on you already.

medigel
Marty sees you, Ulix.

Uta

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:27 pm
W'ill of Brown Faloth

"You… you Impressed too?" The surprised look on W'ill's face turned into a huge grin. "That's fantastic! I was really really hoping you would!" All warnings about behavior from the Weyrlingmasters fled from his mind for a moment and he grabbed Shanley in a quick, warm hug. He suddenly recoiled from her as if he had just hugged a tunnelsnake and quickly put his hands behind his back, a sheepish grin crossing his face as he turned red. "Um. Sorry. I'm just so happy you Impressed too," he apologized. He looked in the direction she'd pointed and nodded. "He's a handsome little fellow. Heh, Haloth and Faloth. They should be friends."

Faloth cocked his head cheerily at Shanley. Hello, Haloth's rider. There's also Kaloth! I think all three of us should be friends! The little brown nuzzled her hand, then turned to bump W'ill with his shoulder. I'm going to go play, Mine! he announced, and ran off with a bugling little hwonk before W'ill could respond. Aviforth! Metlath! I'm coming!

Thaliawen
for Shanley and Haloth!

Prism Shine
for Aviforth!

The_Muffin_Puppy
for Metlath!

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:50 pm
Whren idly scratched Admirals head as the blue kept watch for his fair mate. The pale blue stretched, tail curling and feet kneading before tilting his head giving a thoughtful croooon.

"No," Whren replied, ignoring the begging behavior. And the resulting hiss and bristle as his second blue appeared, Captain was a deeper shade then Admiral, and promptly dumped the first blue onto the ground. "No." He said again and shook his head as Captain chased his faire mate under the table.

They would be fine. Complete and utter brats the both of them but they would take their fight elsewhere. They knew better to continue their fights in the weyr. Whren hummed softly, smiling briefly as Petite appeared and settled on his shoulder, the tiny green curling up.

Okay, food and drink and perhaps mingling... another hatchling had passed by and he found himself left behind. Perhaps for the last time depending on what was decided. But for now, he was going to enjoy the feast and the company of his flits.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:15 pm
Eveleth
The senior queen was pleased to have her entourage as she watched the festivities below. Though there had been heartache and pain, the gold well understood that life was often unfair and cruel. There was no promise or guarantee that any one of them would see the morrow, and while it hurt her hearts that she lost a sweet green, and that her daughter grieved, she also understood that it was a hard lesson learned. Aureliath's death would not be in vain. It was tragic, but it would be used as a reminder.

Perhaps the foolish Candidates would be better kept in line seeing firsthand what negativity could do to hatchlings. Perhaps the weyrlings would better accept their mortality and be better prepared during weyrling training. Though Hatchings were a celebration of life, too many forgot what dragonriders sacrificied by Impressing. How many would live to see the next Turn? How many would live to see the next five Turns? How many grown riders, friends, lovers, family, would die before Turn's End? The hatchlings were needed because the Weyrs numbers were constantly getting culled. Death by old age was not something many of the riders would experience, not with Threadfall back. So though the little green and her rider had been an unexpected loss, the two would serve a greater purpose.

Yisketh... You need not keep yourself away. You are welcome to enjoy yourself this night, defending High Reaches honor.
Move closer, if you wish. I have no doubt Havarth will happily trade places.
The bronze had done well, snapping at the other, helping to ensure he remained gone. How could the queen be anything but pleased? She might as well ensure he was comfortable.

The other bronze gave a small rumble, but otherwise moved away from where his flank had been touching Eveleth's own, and allowed his spot to be taken. He would not cause trouble. He knew Eveleth's wishes and desires often meant being moved around.

Siloth... Are you quite enjoying yourself? Things are at least quiet enough--no doubt Western is on its best behavior. It knows what might well befall them if they aren't. Ah, what a glorious display her Weyr had given. One errant bronze--one mouthy creature who, though rude, had been far beneath Eveleth's thoughts. She hadn't even had time to cast him out herself, and give him a verbal lashing, before so many of her beloveds rose up to defend her, and her daughters.

Just as she had hoped.

]Ah, and here is the illustrious Aresoth. The queen turned an approving eye upon the young, strapping bronze. He had matured into quite the bronze, and certainly deserved to take a moment upon the ledges closer to where she sat. How good of you to defend the Queens this night, young one. Are you quite comfortable? If not, I'm sure we might well find a way to rearrange so we're all a bit cozier.

Such loyalty could well be rewarded... She looked upon her circle. Ah-ha. Perhaps you might keep Hesperith warm? There is a chill on the air this night. Hesperith, my love, do let me know if you need anything more. Such a sweet dear deserved a little recognition this night, after all.

[IF I MISSED ANYONE in her entourage, or you want in on Eveleth's little entourage, just let me know! <3]
Teiha

Mr Cheri

BastetAmun

Meepfur

Olliah & Fianth
The woman, perhaps belatedly, finally was able to turn her eyes on the young man who had bowed earlier. She gave a small shake of her head and dip of her own in greeting. "Well met, young weyrling," she greeted cordially. She would learn all their names in time, but many a face bled together. This one... Is Slidrianth's rider. The young, clever bronze. Fianth explained, as if that made all the different.

"Forgive my delayed greeting. Congratulations to you and yours. The two of you look to be well matched--and such a clever one, too. Thank you, as well, for the condolences. But at least the two are together, even if parted from all of us." Her smile dimmed, and she gave a sad, shake of her head. The entire loss had seemed senseless to her... but, hatchlings would do what they would do. "I hope you and Yours enjoy the festivities, even if they are a bit bittersweet. All the more reason to celebrate." Tomorrow was never guaranteed, and she was well certain that the young man had thought he had Turns ahead of him. Same with little Aureliath--gone too soon.

Fianth's eyes whirled a bit grey, but she kept the heartache within. She would mourn with Krahsujunth later that night; after the babies were long gone. She would not spoil their joy.

When Ar'din & Alquemieth arrived, Fianth leaned down to offer him an affectionate nuzzle, as she had all the little ones that paid her a moments mind. Her eyes whirled brightly as he came to rest upon her other side. Part of her was surprised that he did not wish to join others. You are always welcome here, Alquemieth. Such a fine one you found. She meant it sincerely--she did not know Ar'din, but if he was good enough for her clever son, then how could he be anything but perfect? But if you wish to socialize with the others, or have a change of hearts, I would not begrudge you that. Still, her eyes whirled a happier blue-green, the grey that had earlier touched it dissipating. As if Fianth would ever turn someone away.

Olliah, for her part, gave a dip of her head to Ar'din. "Congratulations on finding Yours, though I am sorry that you took on Mictecath's ire." Her eyes actually flooded with concern as she looked the young man over. How close had they come to having almost lost two! While Mictecath had kept herself restrained, any sized hatchling, much less a gold, could still result in more damage than intended. "Do let us know if you need anything." She offered sincerely. She may have been Weyrwoman Second, but Ar'din was still part of the Weyr, and had been injured, at that. It was her duty to serve, after all.

When a smaller figure approached, Fianth did stretch out her neck to tenderly, lovingly, give the young Candidate a nuzzle. She sent a wave of fondness his way, though perhaps, within, was a bit of regret. I am sorry, young one. I had so hoped you might have found Yours. And not just from any clutch, but from her own.

Olliah, for her part, naturally reached out to slip an arm around the poor lad. "No apologies needed whatsoever," she murmured, hugging the young one closer to her side. "I know it's never easy to be left standing... You can stay with Fianth and I as long as you wish." Oh, to see him look so downtrodden. Her heart broke.... While she did not begrudge Rune finding Hers, she felt so poorly for Rhys. To be left standing while his sister was now a weyrling; to be parted, once more, from family. "Or if you'd rather go back to the weyr, we can do that, too. My duty here won't last forever." Parties... Honestly? Olliah wasn't in the partying mood herself.

Tsunake

medigel

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Padmia
The Feast was, so far, a success. Unfortuantely, with most of Western kicked out, Padmia had found herself needing to work a bit of overtime. Ah, but the woman didn't mind... Her duty was to the Weyr and the riders, and she wasn't about to let the Feast fall to pieces just because she couldn't partake! Perhaps she'd join later, once things started winding down. For now, she had to ensure there was enough ice to go around; that the fires were being stoked; that tables and dishes were being cleaned even as more food continued to go out and be replaced. Were the lanterns all lit? Was there enough heat outside so the Harpers didn't freeze?

Ah, but in the chaos, Padmia truly shined. She may have never Impressed or found a lifemate, but there was no doubt that she had foud her life's purpose. "Soak it with an equal mixture vinegar and sandsoap, then give it a good wash in warm water, and it'll come right out," she comforted some guest who seemed to have a bit of a wine mishap. "There, there love--no one is going to turn you away just for a bit of a spill, but feel free to stay here as long as you like." She glanced over and gave a jerk of her head, even as another worker came up with a plate of fresh sweet rolls, and some silk napkins so she might dab at her eyes. A nice distraction.

It was there that she caught sight of a rider heading in. He had his hands full of food, so either he was looking for an escape, or looking for someone in particular. His rider knots said he was a bronzerider. "Lost, love?" She asked, heading up to C'ryn with a tilt of her head. "The party's back that way." She mused. He certainly didn't look drunk...but some folks knew how to pass off well.

BastetAmun

[Ok, posting what I've got... will try to write more after noms. xD ]

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:43 pm
R'nar of Bronze Aveth

"Ohhohohoho!" The deep, full laugh rose above the noise of those gathered for the Hatching Feast. "Oh, those little weyrbrats! Out there doing somersaults and cartwheels and just having a grand time. Would that we could all enjoy ourselves so!"

R'nar strolled in from the edge of the outdoor activities, where he'd been hovering with the Creche staff watching the weyr's children play. The big bronzerider had quite the soft spot for kids; he was a regular in the Creche, helping with the younger ones and talking about everything under the sun with the older ones. But his attention this day needed to be on the Weyrwoman. As merry as this celebration was, there was still an underlying tension in the air. The Western riders were on their best behavior, but that could change at any moment, what with all the alcohol flowing.

He took up a position toward the back of Zheria's entourage, as was customary, and watched as she danced on the floor with a lady pirate whom he didn't recognize. The look on the Weyrwoman's face, however, told him she was in little danger from the other woman. Content that things were all right for the moment, he went to get some food and some wine. No sense wasting a good feast…

Aveth made his appearance as well, backwinging in for a landing on Eveleth's fairly crowded ledge. Eveleth, my beauty, my queen! If I may join you? You look radiant this evening. The big bronze knew not to approach any closer unless he was invited, but he still snaked his head between the dragons in front of him to better greet the senior queen. Our daughter has done well, hasn't she? So many beautiful babies! I want to meet them all!

Uta
mostly for Eveleth XD

demon_pachabel
could not resist the kids XD

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:33 pm
(Open for interaction!Please pester him!)

Damon and Bronze Izdubath

Damon stretched and plunked into his seat to enjoy the hatching feast, and what a magnificent feast it was! So many new riders with their precious new life partners. He was so filled with joy that a lot was spilling over to his dragon who vibrated with social needs.

Where is everyone mine? Where is that sweet green and those whites and oh that bronze that we saw?

"They are all here my dear we must simply look."

He nodded to those who caught his eye and leaned in to catch any new discussions he might have missed.  

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:18 am
User ImageUser Image
fela and sophrosunth

The blue bowed his head again at Fianth's compliment, quiet and almost boyish. He highly doubted he of all dragons would be standing out once this clutch grew up, but he kept his thoughts to Fela alone. It would be nice to not be in the spotlight for a while anyway.

Well, as short a time as His could go, anyway, before jovially bounding into someone else's life again.

"Don't think you'll get away so easily after the Feast is over!" Fela called after Talis as the pair left, grinning, a prime example of this eager meddling. And don't think she missed that near smile either. She glanced towards another blue rider (excellent choice), this T'rin. Someone to mull over later. "Congrats to ya too, honey," she said to the fashionable weyrling. "Best color, like I told her. You ever need help, come find Fela."

Or myself, Sophrosunth, the blue added earnestly, if not a bit hastily after some prodding from His. Welcome to the world, little one.

"I was keepin' an eye on her," she explained, turning back to Olliah with the air of a proud mother. "She was all sorts of not good when she got here. Good to see her steppin' up. But if you're really fine, we won't be takin' time away from the stars of the show."

Which was well enough, seeing as there was at least one sour egg attending the party. When Alquemieth and Sophrosunth met eyes, her blue actually took a step back in surprise at the heat there. Fela frowned at the pair for a moment, but it disappeared and she congratulated them all the same. When it was met with haughty silence and a grunt from the scarred young man, she figured it was really time to get moving.

Besides. She had a show to catch.

Really, you're turning into a stalker, Soph said once they took their leave of Olliah and Fianth, bumping her shoulder with his snout.

Hardly! This is just taking too long. I'm fixin' to throw a few people together and fling 'em on the dance floor. Fela affectionately pushed him away and made her way into the hall, straight to the wine and food. I'll give you a play by play~

Where were they...Where...There! A'ye and S'del, thank Faranth, seemed to be making headway without her, which was perfect. Now she could watch them from afar and eat in peace and mounting glee. Ah, if only she could sneak close enough to hear...

- - -

Physically, though thankfully not metaphorically, this left Sophrosunth out in the cold. Shivering slightly, he considered his options and mentally scanned about.

Monath most likely was with Hers, if not with her partners, though he did send another soothing thought to her in case she was still distraught about the Hatching. Aresoth--Oh! My, he had actually been invited to Eveleth's ledge? Well then, there was no sense in bothering his brother while he had better company to settle by. Good for him! Soph certainly wasn't going to aspire to join the ledge, not when he had been too shocked and paralyzed from secondhand embarrassment to defend his weyr's honor; indeed he still felt guilty about not being as proactive as others had. Would Elzebuth be joining those above, he wondered. Was there even enough room for them all? Ahah...Hmm. If Ichta and G'ran showed up, Fela would immediately squeal about it to him, so there was always the chance--ah, no. Even if they did, Soph wouldn't want to intrude on their time, not when they were starting to be more comfortable with each other. (And he was most certain that even despite the rowdy setting, the Sun could coax the Lantern out.) Cynosuth...He doubted she would appear. Perhaps he should go check on her...A quick check at the bowl revealed Menankith and Macuith quite content with one another, and as much as Soph loved his brothers, he did not want to chance to be further flustered by Mac when Fela was already sharing her thoughts on other pairs on top of that.

Ohooooo, I think I spy C'ryn near--Are you still sitting there? Fela cut herself off incredulously. He could tell she was laughing. Move it, lazy hide! Go bother one of the kids! Moooold their young miiiiiinds to be goooood citizenssssss.

Sophrosunth chuffed and shook the gathering cold off. They'll be overwhelmed as it is. I think I'll just take a fly about.

xSmerdle
a brief thing

xMeepfur
and a briefer threat : D

xUta

Quote:
Soph is around for things~ Fela will quietly watch all the budding pairs but ur welcome to join or interrupt

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:38 am
User Image
dhawsn (western)

Dhawsn normally ate his troubles away. Food was the best sort of remedy when it came to handling years of not getting picked. He had made an art of being happy for others, and whatever sadness at being left behind lingered, he would simply smother with the richness of the Feast that accompanied. And look, he was a big boy! A big, fat, growing boy of 28! His belly shook as he laughed at his own joke.

It was customary for him to find those who too had been left without a dragon, but he couldn't help it: he was dazzled by a nearby dragonet. "Coh-gras!" Dhawsn said around a mouth full of some bird's thigh. Wait. He had to be good and proper thanks to that whole debacle. Shards. He chewed and swallowed and tried to clean up what got in his beard. "Tha's one shiny fella," he joked, his accent in full swing without food in the way. "You sure he ain't a gold in disguise? Nah, nah, kiddin', he's gorgeous."

Aukai Oceansoul

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:14 am
Roana and Ulendoth

Oh she wanted to kiss her beautiful red face, it was too cute. But she resisted, instead opting to press her head back against Nicara's. Slowly, reluctantly, she eased her grip on the slim waist of the blue rider and let her feet find the ground again. Then she took a step back to take in the dress she wore. Her breath caught. "Oh Nicara you look..." Ravishing, sexual, hot as twin suns. But at that moment she felt a prod of thought from curious little Ulendoth and it was as effective as a bath in a whole sea of ice. "...beautiful." she finished burying her more adult desires deep. It wasn't hard, they were battling with a hundred other thoughts and feelings. This was the last time she was likely to see Nicara for at least half a turn.

Sadness was obvious but there was also a low down simmering anger at anyone and everyone that had forced the two weyrs to break ties which meant that it would be even harder to maintain their relationship even after the period of growth that Ulendoth would need.
They had discussed it and standing at High reaches had seemed viable because it would allow for that initial much needed separation while her dragon grew, but now that had back fired on them spectacularly. Now Diesteth might not even have the chance to fly Ulendoth when it came time.

For now though, she could still focus on this brief moment of completion and joy. "Nicara, this is Ulendoth my spirited new life partner." She told her taking a step back to show off the sturdy little green who was watching the display with eyes swirling blue green. "Ulendoth, this is Nicara and Dieseth, they were the most important people in my life before you came along." She told the green.

But I am more important now?
The green inquired, the question made Ro's heart lurch slightly. Of course Ulendoth was feeling all her complex emotions as a secondary back wash, even that hidden barley acknowledged desire to flee back to western with her lover.
Of course, that's why I left them to come find you, they'll be going back to their weyr soon but I wanted to introduce you because I want us all to stay friends.

That seemed enough to settle the green who trotted forward to sniff at Nicara, she wasn't really old enough to reach out to other people, she was still solidifying the mental link with her own rider but she gave her another honk of approval butting her head against her leg in a friendly greeting.

Meanwhile Roana walked over to Diesteth and put her arms around his neck, kissing his pale nose. "You've got to look after her again now Die, till I can get back to you. Don't let her go back to much inside her own head. Sorry I left you with such trouble. " she teased him.

Hattaki

S'mol and Valseth

Mission accomplished! Valseth relayed the information of V'rind's whereabouts back to his rider. Then, since he was close anyway he trotted up to his father and mother to greet them.
Father, mother I must relay my thanks to you for your care while I was in the egg and bringing my rider to me. He rocked back on his hind legs , stretching his neck high to deliver a nose boop of love to the first parent that came within range. Valseth had great love and respect for the pair of them but he was one of their brood that was unlikely to seek shelter under their wings in the future. Now he was out of the egg it was his time to stride forward and prove himself a hero to Pern

At that moment S'mol managed to catch up to his bronze partner panting slightly. "Hey Krahsujunth, good to see ya again ya blue beast. You were right about me after all." He grinned and turned a loving gaze on Valseth. "But I'm afraid ya been replaced as my favorite dragon." He chuckled slightly at his own turn of wry humor and Valseth dropped back to the ground to rub up against the large man he had chosen.

"But if you'll excuse me, I should go find your rider and thank her as well." At the last moment he seemed to remember his higher manners and parted from the parental pair with a bow.

Inside was filled with more lights, more decoration and more people. S'mol might have struggled to find V'rind but the growl of his large stomach took him towards the food table anyway where he quickly spotted the female rider. "There ya are!" he declared happily momentarily robbing her of her plate of food he set it on the table so he could envelop her in a bear hug (Fitting since S'mol was roughly the size of a earth grizzly). It was S'mol's way of thanking her. "Bad news V'rind, now y really can't get rid of me." He teased as he set her back down.

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:29 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.It was embarrassing, she knew it was and even more so rather childish of her to start crying in front of her brother and his guest. It wasn’t as if Eith wasn’t the most darling most precious brown of all, there was no reason to be upset if her father couldn’t appreciate her feats then there was no reason to be so upset over the matter. Her cheeks flushed red as she quickly attempted to wipe the tears from her face before a blue ran over to her feet pressing his nose to the palm of her hand. Eith leapt down from Andrestia’s shoulders tackling the blue over, pinning him to the ground briefly.

They are not bullying! They are her brothers silly. He gave a little snort, boping the blue’s nose before letting Aonanith go free to taking a spot next to his rider eyeing between his sibling and L’zar as he held out a gift. Besides they have gifts.

Andrestia blinked a few times at the blue and L’zar before giving a soft laugh wiping the remainder of the tears from her cheeks. ”I am so sorry for the mess I made, really I am ok Aonanith thank you for your concern tho.” She reached down giving the blue a quick scratch under the chin before waving to his rider, Elyk or El’k it was now.

With tears dried finally she looked at L’zar, cheeks full of a smile as she looked over the gift he had offered. ”Thank you so much, I am so sorry for crying in front of you, both of you, the gift is truly wonderful and it’s so much you didn’t have to do all this for me.”

------
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
When she started to cry D’mos froze, crying was not his strong suit let alone a girl crying in front of him. Crying was something that he refrained from doing, something that was ingrained into his system that shouldn’t be done period and dealing with someone else crying was even worse. The whole comforting thing had never really happened for him, if he cried he was told strongly that it was not befitting of a bronze rider.

Instead he looked helplessly to L’zar who held out their gift to her, that was until a tiny blue came defending her with wild accusations. Bullies? A frown stretch across his lips as L’zar stepped in along with Eith’s help the situation slowly fizzled out of confrontation and into smiles again. Phaeth on the other hand just nuzzled his mate almost unconcerned by the mess. Blue’s such tiny troubles.

”Yes we can bring the rest by, I know you wanted him to be here but we will always be here for you if you need anything. We are proud of you regardless.”

baby_gwing

Mr Cheri

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:03 pm
User ImageUser Image
ar'din & alquemieth

There was a long moment where Ar'din eyed Olliah speculatively, trying to parse any additional meaning in her congratulations. Sarcasm, for instance, with the fine edge higher ranked Pernese so loved, that thinned words to slip between supposed sweetness. He would certainly have his fair share in the future. But the weyrwoman second seemed sincere, and so he nodded and mumbled, "Thanks."

She perhaps would be one of the few who would be so earnest tonight; the only family Ar'din had couldn't attend due to his health. It was the first time in a while that the young man actually felt a little lonely, though he didn't look it.

If I socialize now, Mother, I would spit fire without stone, Alquemieth growled. His wings shifted restlessly, his thoughts circling back and around the troubled day's events, stoking his anger further. You deserved so much more than that pitiful display this morning. If only I had hatched sooner, I could have brought order! Snap at the heels of the disrespectful candidates, whip the spineless to form. I would have taught myself to fly to catch that dung-brained, shameful, wher-mothered--

As the bronze continued his litany of insults--none quite as descriptive as Krahsujunth's, but creative for a dragonet nonetheless--Ar'din looked at him and Fianth thoughtfully. Despite the energetic spin of fiery colors in Alquemieth's eyes, there was a core of purple that wouldn't abate. An alien emotion crept into his heart.

Ar'din abruptly acquitted himself from the three, stiff necked and silent. He just...needed to go get some food for them both. Alquemieth needed to vent to someone other than himself anyway. I'll be right back.

Eventually Alquemieth's initial spitfire waned, and he leaned against his mother once more with a long sigh through his snout. What good company is there to be had anyway? he asked sourly. Bossuth and His seem to be stuck at the infirmary, and you are right here. I suppose I should at some point make sure Mictecath and Anakumath aren't gawped at, but...

Uta

Quote:
alquemieth and ar'din are here for some......fun.....?

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff