Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Kleoth's Hatching] Coveting Their Grace (Open!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:16 pm
Right? Cracked Egg Green all but cackled conspiratorially, happy to lean in close to Bee Green as they gossiped back and forth. Maybe he could help Mother get sister out of her egg! Or anyone else who might be having some trouble or just couldn't be bothered!

Teal Rosette's arrival was welcome, and Cracked unfurled a wing to invite her closer. Mother's helping sister, those two haven't been able to leave each other alone, she indicated their brown brothers, And Scalariventh might be a cannibal.  What do you think?  Is eating your own egg like eating yourself?

Tsunake

Uta

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:28 pm
Sioryl

Sioryl quickly glanced beside him again at the little gaggle of boys as he waved, clearly delighted and trying very hard to stay somewhat under control. This was better than anything he could have thought up in the past few weeks. Surrounded by friends (because everyone was his friend, even if he didn't know them yet), on the Sands, baby dragons everywhere! More and more were hatching as time wore on and- oh!

Sioryl rocked up onto his toes as the sandy dragon spotted him waving. The question from Valendyr mostly went in one ear and out the other, but he managed a vague 'yeah, I'm great!' before the baby dragon started to make its way over to them. Oh! Oh! It was coming so close!

And then it was talking to him! And bumping him with its nose!

"Oh! Nothing's wrong! Everything is right!" Sioryl said with a giddy laugh, his robes brushing off some of the sand to reveal a sparkly hide that he didn't notice. He was just so thrilled to have a baby dragon so close!

"Your brother just burst out of his egg so spectacularly and it was so cool, and now there's so many of you and it was just...overwhelming. But in a good way! They were uh. Happy tears. Which is a thing." He realized he was babbling and took a deep breath to steady himself.

"I'm good, though. Great even! So you don't need to worry." He held his hand out hesitantly, unsure if he was allowed to pat an unbonded dragon. Probably not.

Uta

Tsunake

faesinger

---

Surel

Surel glanced to the side the two other Candidates had shimmied to as one of them spoke, humming softly in agreement. The little green was very pretty and deep down in her heart, she hoped she'd one day get one of her own. The other dragons were all wonderful of course, but she felt like she'd suit a green best. The dragon knew at the end of the day and she'd be happy with any color, but greens were just so...gorgeous.

"Maybe a large brown? Or a bronze? They're quite large," she said softly, flicking her gaze back to the sandy baby as it went to investigate a group of boys. "I suppose we'll find out eventually."

More eggs began to crack and hatch and the babies began to Impress. Things were going along quite smoothly, thankfully! Surel's tense muscles slowly relaxed as time wore on, her anxiety soothed by the lack of fighting.

Meepfur

Quote:
And Uta!

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:31 pm
Darling! Bee Green all but sang, shifting slightly in the sands to welcome Teal Rosette closer. It had been a lovely tête-à-tête, but three was so much better than two. What she said. You'd think things would be a little more lively, but I suppose not everyone is out just yet... And you best believe she was taking notes on the late hatchers!

Oh? Were they not going to fight again? Honestly, for all the fuss they're making, you'd think they'd just go ahead and get it over with! Unless Lailokenth really is all talk~ At least their little sister had finally gotten free.

Meepfur

Uta

With a tremendous shudder, the Brown Striped Egg finally shattered.... and out stepped a small blue hatchling. He stretched his wings out with a triumphant bugle. At last! He gazed out at his siblings and the gathered crowd, his steps sure and confident as he strode out and onto the sands. He passed by the three greens with a croon of greeting, though did eventually pause near the Bone Blue who was still rather encumbered by his shell. Oh dear. Might you need some assistance? He had, after all, hatched spectacularly without any issues whatsoever.

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:45 pm
Odellet

She had been right, Odd gave a hum, thoughtful as the boy the emperor had nipped reached out to the much smaller brown. An Impression, it was wonderful and hopefully Emperor found the match he was searching for.

She looked back over the dragons, taking them all in. So many, little greens, little blues, the browns, the bronzes, the tiny little white darling. So precious.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:46 pm

From the size of the feet poking out of the egg, it seemed possible that the Bone blue was larger than his brother. He huffed, struggling with the stubborn shell. If you insist. The blue would not turn assistance away, but he also did not see a need to beg and plead for it. Fine, let Brown Striped help him if he so chose.

For her part, the little Teal and Blue Lightning dragonet seemed a little lonely by herself. All of her sisters had gathered together, but it was such an awfully long way to go over to them. She hesitated, considering her options.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:51 pm
Brenley

Oh. Well. Yes.

He knew that had been coming, and yet it still gave him pause. Should he care that the brown thought he was less than spectacular when he already kiiind of felt that way about himself? It wasn't even depressing, just logical. Bren's posture loosened once more as he took stock of his surroundings, noting not one, but two dragons had impressed in rapid succession. A trio of greens looked almost like they were gossiping, and the little white was understandably dazed. He watched the twins, wondering what being squished up against a sibling for so long was like. He imagined he would have been grateful to be born.

Smerdle

Scamp

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:53 pm
SIGH.

Everybody else was hatching, and all Green Spiderweb Egg had been doing was rolling uselessly in the sand. It wasn't for a lack of trying, of course. They struggled and wiggled and scratched their best, but.....

Mama....

If there was a clear tone of desperation in their voice, surely Mama wouldn't judge.

Tsunake
Halp.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:54 pm
Serrekhar

Josen wasn't the only one... Serrekhar was biting his tongue, trying very hard not to openly gush over the sight of the tiny little white dragon sitting by herself. "Uh," He said intelligently, tearing his eyes away to glance at the big dragon once more. He squinted, tilting his head. "I dunno. Brown, maybe?" The sand really did make it hard to tell.

It seemed like some dragons were finding their riders now, including the Definitely Not Cute brown from before. He was a lot less cute now that he was out of his shell, admittedly. Hopefully his brother wouldn't be quite so... bitey as he'd been with that one dude.

The greens seemed perfectly content to be talking amongst themselves... "Girls." He noted. Guess it didn't matter if they were human or not. And the pair of twins had definitely captured his heart, with the blue looking out for his sister like that! That's what a good brother did!

"Y'know, this is your fault." He suddenly pointed out, frowning at his friend. "I couldda been just fine never being a dragonrider... and now I've seen this stuff happen and now I..." Now he really wanted it. Not like Josen was the one that made him become a Candidate or anything, but it was definitely his fault.

demon_pachabel

Kleoth

The gold rumbled with satisfaction as her daughter finally squeezed free! She lingered nearby, just in case she was needed... but then there was another call for help. I'll be here if you need me, little love. Kleoth gently booped the Teal and Blue Lightning dragon before she approached the Green Spiderweb Egg.

Hush, hush. She soothed, gently steadying the egg between her forefeet. I'll have you out in no time, my sweet. Yet again, she began the slow and careful process of tapping the thick shell, unwilling to rush the process and potentially injure her child. Her strong claw slowly worked at one spot on the shell until... crack! Kleoth eyed the spot for a moment. Perhaps more work would need to be done, but-- Try now.

demon_pachabel

Mr Cheri

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:07 pm
OREUNE

With so much happening all at once, Oreune really didn't know where to look. It seemed as though Impressions were happening, or at least something to break up what could have been another brown fight, and that knot in her stomach lessened every so slightly.

There were quite a few dragonets on the sands now but it did nothing for her thoughts, nothing for that little squeeze she gave to Mhin's hand as she assured the younger girl that she looked fantastic. "Any dragon who looks past you would need new eyes." It was a true statement, as Oreune didn't really feel the need to lie about anything. Exaggerate a little, sure - but lie? Nah. "As for me, I'm glad I'm not as frumpy as I could have been."

Oreune would rather chew sand than look bad, but that was beside the point.

"I think Impressions have happened? Or at least that little brown isn't going after the bigger one anymore." Her conversation was best kept to low whispers and the words were just allowed to spill out. It wouldn't do to make herself think anything other than the usual loving and welcoming thoughts required for babies, and so she did her best at that.

Still, it was nice to see the dragonets interacting with the other candidates. She hoped that they'd all Impress and it'd be nice, and part of her was looking forward to the breakfast feast...? Would it be a feast or just a giant breakfast buffet of sorts?

When this was over she'd leave the sands and get to eat as much as she wanted, and since it was a Hatching she wouldn't have to deal with candidate lessons for the rest of the day. Maybe.

Oh, that sounded exciting, and for a moment she let her thoughts wander towards a meal. At the sight of Kleoth moving towards another egg, her own thoughts turned towards eggs. Shard, she should have grabbed a snack before coming out - she was being rude letting these sorts of thoughts happen.

Welcome thoughts, happy thoughts, love and praise. It hadn't even been half a candlemark and yet...

"I hope you find your dragon here."

There, thoughts turned back. Thoughts properly. "Just think good, welcoming thoughts."

Samuel Carlin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:07 pm
Navit

Navit held his breath as the brown approached and stared at Sioryl. Would he get to see an impression this close up? But no. Slightly deflated but still chipper as all get out, Navit watched Sioryl and the little baby interact. Was that a sparkle under there? Oh!

Absently Navit started counting the numbers of each color curiously. One green, two, three…a white… before turning to Bukichi and whispering, not so quietly, “wouldn’t it be amazing if we got to see an impression right here right now?” But there were impressions going on elsewhere he saw out of the corner of his eye. “Oh! Look!” He pointed unabashedly, grabbing on to Valendyr’s arm.

SilverLutz

Uta

Tsunake

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:14 pm
He was sure? Really sure? Grey Starry gave Sioryl a long look as he explained, but ultimately decided that the boy was being truthful and all was well. Good! I'm glad you're alright, then. Duly reassured - and quite pleased that so many of his friends were together and clearly also friends! - the hatchling bumped his head against Sioryl's hand. And then just rubbed itself against him. And Navit. And Bukichi. And Valendyr. Friends! You all be good, he bid them fondly, And I'll see you later!

He fixed Valendyr with A Look, because he had not forgotten the conversation the Candidate had abandoned at the Touching, but he was aware that now was not the time. It wouldn't be very nice to try to have such a talk in front of others, would it? So off the dragonet finally went, because happy as he was to see those friends, he had even more friends to visit, and eventually maybe a His to find, and some food to eat...

The bronze - and yes, now that he'd given some of his sand to the group of boys, he was definitely a bronze - toddled off to distribute more honks and boops. As before, he was most careful as he went, and didn't so much as step on a toe as he made his way through the Candidates, giving out happy affection all along the way as he went. Those who'd visited with him at the Touching - and anyone nearby, as he wouldn't want anyone to feel left out - would all find themselves booped or nuzzled. There was Brenley, and Mhinadi, and Raiden, and Papys, and Serrekhar, and then...! Finally!

The big bronze pounced - very, very gently, as he would never dream of hurting her or anyone else - on Odellet. Little sister! I found you!

Tsunake

SilverLutz

Uta

faesinger

Smerdle

Samuel Carlin

Sweet Symmetry

demon_pachabel

Shaddaling

Quote:
BOOPS FOR EVERYONE
(if I missed you or you are near a boop-ee, please assume boops or at least happy honks.)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:15 pm
Scuffle, scuffle, scramble. The baby inside of Green Spiderweb Egg scratched at the crack that Kleoth made in their shell, pushing outwards until their little face and shoulders poked out of the opening made with her assistance.

The little white looked up at his mother, his white eyes whirling with the faintest of blue as he beheld her in all of her majesty. Hello, Mama, he greeted, fumbling and struggling to pull the rest of his, admittedly slight even for his color, body through the opening. Once free, however, he quickly moved to put her arm between himself and the candidates, looking out around it towards them with nothing but fear.

Tsunake

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:24 pm

Exhausted though she was, the Teal and Blue Lighting white could not ignore the shade of her brother's eyes. She toddled laboriously over to him, every step of the journey an effort. They were near equal in size, but it seemed... something was the matter.

At long, long last she reached his side. Pressing a soft nose against Green Spiderweb white, the dragonet creeled. My brother, my brother, are you okay?

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:24 pm
Odellet

"Ooh" She barely got out before she was gently, as much as a massive bronze hatchling could be, pounced on. She laughed, warm and wild as she was brought down to the sands, hands going up to gently touch him. "Look at you! You are just so handsome, you are going to make some boy so ecstatic when you find your rider."

"I am so happy you remember me," she muttered enraptured by the dragonet. He wasn't hers, he couldn't be, but he at this moment very much was an adopted brother. "Pleasure to meet you, big brother." She muttered, very much feeling his weight on her smaller frame.

"You are massive, you are going to be so big when you get full grown."

Sweet Symmetry
Zaexillia

Meepfur

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:33 pm
Brenley

First brown scrutiny, now bronze nuzzles. Brenley chuckled faintly as the Grey Starry bronze bounced past, leaving a wave of happiness in his—

The young man's eyes widened as the dragon leapt for Odellet, caught between concern and muted delight. On the one hand, he knew the bronze wouldn't intentionally hurt a candidate, he just knew it, but having witnessed a mauling or two, he couldn't help thinking back on them. Odd's laughter helped, as did focusing on the pair of tiny white dragons bunched up near their mother. He hoped that everything was all right over there.

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff