Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Hey, Mom....What's for supper?? [The Recipe Thread] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hey Mom!
  What'd joo cook me?
  Don't bother to get up...I'll make my own!
  Eat? Why eat?
View Results

Sundey

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:33 am
Taco Bake

1/2lb ground beef
1/2 small onion, chopped
1/2c+2T water
2T taco seasoning
1-8oz can tomatoe sauce
1c uncooked macaroni
1c cheddar cheese, shredded

Fill a 3qt saucepan 1/2 full of hot water. Bring water to a boil. After water has boiled, add macoroni. Boil 10min., stirring once or twice. Drain macoroni, BUT DO NOT RINSE.
While macoroi is boiling, brown beef and onion in a skillet and add water, taco seasoning, and tomatoe sauce;mix. bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer for 5-15min.
When macoroni is done, stir into beef mixture. Add only 3/4c of cheese, saving the remaining for the topping and mix well. pour into a 1qt baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Back at 350 degreese for 30min. Let cool, and enjoy.

More to come!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:40 pm
Macadamia Crumbed Chicken with Mango Cream Sauce

Serves two.

Two skinless chicken breasts
a handful of honey roasted macadamia nuts
a packet of bread crumbs
pepper
2 eggs
flour
milk

The Sauce

tinned sliced mango
200ml thickened cream
1 tsp of crushed ginger
1 tsp honey

Chicken.

Crush macadamia nuts in a mortar and pestle or a blender until they are a smooth paste consitency. Mix with bread crumbs and a pinch of pepper.
Beat two eggs in an open bowl with a small splash of milk. Lightly coat chicken breasts in flour. Roll them through the egg and milk mixture and then into the crumb mixture. Place on greased oven tray.
PLace in a pre-heated oven at around 180C.
Cook until golden brown and chicken runs clear when pierced with a skewer.

Sauce.

In a blender, empty the entire contents of tinned sliced mango. Add honey and ginger. Blend until a smooth consitency. While blender is still running, add cream slowly.

To Serve.

Place chicken on warmed plate and pour sauce over. Serve with freshly steamed vegetables like brocolli and beans. A whole baked potato with garlic butter would also go nicely.  

Jirya

royphilip1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:40 am
iunno what imma eat but we have eggs with whatever a thing is eggs are awsome yum yum i wanna eat ramen tho xp domokun  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:36 am
Cheesy bread
1 loaf sourdough bread
1/2 lb cheddar cheese

Cut cheese up distribute evenly over bread. Microwave until cheese melted. Slice and serve. surprised  

Fuzzy Sock Puppets

Noirsy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:02 am
I can't cook. XD I'm Chinese so we always eat Chinese food, the homemade kind, not the restaurant stuff.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:03 pm
Hobo Dinners

About 1/2 lb ground beef per person
Carrots
Potatoes
About 4 spoonfuls per person of Cream of Mushroom Soup
Lawry's seasoning salt
Tin foil
Divide the meat evenly between everyone- about 1/2 lb per person. Cut a lot of potatoes evenly & thinly slice & put in a pot. Do the same with the carrots. Have each person put their meat, carrots and potatoes in a 2.5 foot long piece of tin foil. Then put 3-4 spoonfuls of Cream of Mushroom Soup in & mix evenly. Season to taste. Wrap up & keep it thin so it cooks faster. Add another piece of tin foil around it. Put it in the coals (or in the oven) and cook until it is done. Check on it every 15 minutes or so.

NOTE: keep in mind this is a camping recipe, if you don't have something on the list of ingredients, just substitute it with something of equivalents.  

Hentai_San00

Miss Nightshade

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 8:11 pm
Coconut-Pecan-Bar-Cookies

4eggs
1pound-light-brown-sugar
12teaspoon-salt
2teaspoons-vanilla
1-12-cups-flour
1-cup-angel-flake-coconut
1-cup-broken-pecans
Combine-all-ingredients-bake-in-a-greased-and-floured-913-inch-pan-bake-in-350-oven
-cool-in-pan-

Icing
1-cup-powdered-sugar
14cup-margarine-room-temperature
1-teaspoon-vanilla
Mix-spread-on-the-cooled-cookie-bars-cut-in-squares-makes-40  
mistshaper rolled 20 100-sided dice: 80, 62, 11, 20, 45, 77, 85, 4, 38, 57, 63, 3, 13, 73, 36, 27, 8, 29, 71, 94 Total: 896 (20-2000)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:04 am
hey are u bi?  

mistshaper

Sarinu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:26 am
mistshaper
hey are u bi?

hey are u stupid?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:02 pm
Time to share my wise cooking skills with you all.

Beans on toast...!

Put some slices of bread in the toaster and heat up the beans in a saucepan...! Put the bread on a plate and the beans on the side...and whoalla! Beans on toast...well Beans at the side of toast...but you put them on with a fork or something...just so the bread stays crunchy...!

Yes, that is my secret recipe for you all.  

RaidenKazama

Ketake

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 4:05 pm
RaidenKazama

Beans on toast...!

Put some slices of bread in the toaster and heat up the beans in a saucepan...! Put the bread on a plate and the beans on the side...and whoalla! Beans on toast...well Beans at the side of toast...but you put them on with a fork or something...just so the bread stays crunchy...!

ZOMG! So that's how you do it... I'd never had thought  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:05 am
Ketake
RaidenKazama

Beans on toast...!

ZOMG! So that's how you do it... I'd never had thought
damin good eaten! xp xd  

Darthspanky

jelloh0530

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:52 am
hey i just wanted to say, these are great, and i love to cook new stuff, so i will be using them...

side note...
quick and easy

spanish rice and beans...

3 cups water, 2 cups rice ( either goya brand or canela brand, long grain, make sure you rinse the rice)
oil (veg or corn or whatever, doesnt matter)

2 packets of sazon con achiote ( you'll find these things either in the "goya aisle" or a "bodega"

some adobo seasoning
garlic and onion salt, or powder ( or the real thing, if you take the time to basically liquify.. you decide how much you like, spanish food takes messing around to your own likes)
i prefer canned beans, red kidney beans, to dried ones that take a day to cook

small can of tomato sauce ( not spaghetti sauce, not paste)(6- 8 oz)

you could use some cilantro, but i use a family recipe, and don't know how much to put in.. so if you buy some at the store, be very stingy with it... it's strong.

you will also need either a rice pot,at least 4-8 qt. or a pot that is nonstick and able to be tighly lidded, and another pot , perhaps 2- 4 qt.
ok...

get your beans and open them, dump them into the 2-4 qt pot. fill the empty can with water, put it in.
add one packet of sazon. turn heat on low/med.. you do not want to over cook the beans or they will have no flavor.
add some adobo to season. add 1/3rd of the small can of tomato sauce ( 2 ounces)
add some garlit salt and onion salt to season. ( not too much, just enough.)
bring to a boil, then simmer...

then you start your rice.. beans will take longer, perhaps 15-30 minutes depending on how hot your heat is, and if youre really simmering.

4 tablespoons of oil go into the rice pot. turn the heat on high. let cook for 1 min.
add the water (3 cups water for 2 cups rice, 5 cups water for 4 cups rice, etc etc etc)
add the cleaned rice
immediately add the sazon con achiote ( to color)
add 1/3rd tomato sauce can ( 2-3 ounces)
add tbsp of adobo, teaspoon garlic, teaspoon onion...
stir it all up, bring it to a boil.
immediately turn the heat as low as you can, and simmer it, with a TIGHTLY closed lid for about 20-30 minutes.
only stir it once after it boils, and once about 5 minutes into simmering.. after that LEAVE IT BE!

now, your beans should be stirred gently ever 5 minutes to prevent sticking....

after around half an hour, you should have your meal!

you could also do some chicken..... but that's another day... cuz i gotta go now. lol

another sidenote... practice makes perfect. i can make an awesome beef stroganoff and key lime pie, but my rice and beans took abolut 10 tries to get it right... it's different for every person, and every pot and pan, lol.

good luck!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:32 am
someone said something with eggs.. howabout a lazy mans omlette... a great camping dish!
ZIPLOC OMELET
This works great !!! Good for when all your family is together. The
best
part is that no one has to wait for their special omelet !!! Have
guests
write their name on a quart-size Ziploc freezer bag with permanent
marker.
Crack 2 eggs (large or extra-large) into the bag (not more than 2)
shake to combine them. Put out a variety of ingredients such as:
cheeses, ham, onion, green pepper, tomato, hash browns, salsa, etc.
Each guest adds prepared ingredients of choice to their bag and shake.
Make sure to get the air out of the bag and zip it up. Place the
bags into rolling, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes. You can usually cook
6-8 omelets in a large pot. For more, make another pot of boiling water.
Open the bags and the omelet will roll out easily. Be prepared for
everyone Nice to serve with fresh fruit and coffee cake; everyone gets involved in the process and it's a great conversation piece.
Imagine having these ready the night before, and putting the bag in
boiling water while you get ready. And in 13 minutes, you got a nice
omlette
for
a
quick breakfast!!!  

Darthspanky

Auston haha

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:43 pm
ummmmmm food sounds good lol  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]