Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Teepees
Polar, Kasey and Cheryl's Teepee Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Polar-

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:04 pm
.::RP Log - Main Thread::.
.In His Own Way :: Demon, Nana, and Johar.
.Date :: November 4, 2006.
.Pages :: 16715 - 16725.
.Type :: Formal.

Demon gave his neck a twist, working out the tense muscle as he gave his head a final shake. It had been so since he had been out and away from their teepee. Satisfied, he tilted his head upward, gazing as the night sky what was obscured from dark puffy clouds. He silently hoped it would snow, though he knew it was far too early in the year for such an icy treat. He snorted and moved forward, his boredom evident as he wandered aimlessly through the meadow.

Nana trailed after him, running to keep up with the husky soquili. Her tail wished back and forth happily as she quickened her pace to follow.

--------------------

Johar was wandering about this night, still exploring areas she had never been to. As she walked threw the trees, it would appear she was a ghost with her pure white coat, mane and tail out there in the night. Giving a toss of her long silky white mane, she looked up at the sky as she walked and noticed the clouds. Stopping where she was, she took in the night air, and caught scent of another around. Staying where she was, she wondered if she might catch sight of whom ever was out and about.

--------------------

Demon started for a second as he heard footsteps from behind him, spinning around to find the source of the noise. He eyes caught sight of a mare who was slowly exiting the dense trees of the forest. Her pale fur practically glowed in the darkness, her feather-soft tail trailing after her and brushing against the ground. Demon took a moment to admire her hair, finding it a shame that something almost as close to his prefect mane had to be touching the dirt.

Nana swirled around in time with Demon, her eyes instinctively seeking out the cause of the distraction. She wagged her tail excitedly as she caught sight of the mare, the prospect of another playmate running through her mind. Overjoyed, she trotted closer to the ghostly mare, giving a playful yip in glee.

--------------------

Johar looked from the sky to look where she heard a yip of glee. Eyeing the pup, it shocked her at first but she stood there calm and still. As she saw the pup, she caught sight of a husky marked stallion who seemed to be watching her. Giving a soft snort, she then gave a soft nicker to the stallion and also kept an eye on the pup.

--------------------

Demon's ears perked at the sound, releasing a soft nicker in return. He trotted forward a few steps, keeping a watchful eye on Nana. As he closed in on the mare, he gave a charming smile and said, "Good evening, miss. What might someone like yourself be doing out this late all alone." Manners were always important after all, he thought. Besides, the mare's mane and tail alone made her worthy of his attention for the time being. "I apologize for my familiar, Nana. She tends to get excited at the prospect of company."

Nana blinked and stared at Demon innocently before yipping again. She twined herself around his front legs blissfully before rolling on her back in hopes for attention. She looked up at the stallion and mare with one eye, her right paw swapping the air playfully.

--------------------

Johar gave a soft chuckle. “Not a problem really, as Nana is causing no problems. It’s a pleasure to meet you. On a night such as this, why wouldn't anyone want to take a night stroll?" she smiled as she watched Nana try to get attention which made her chuckle more. Flicking her tail he hardly had a clue that he only was talking to her because he liked her mane and tail and she hardly was a stupid mare at all. In fact she was quite smart but was the calm; laid back type that was quite devoted to those she considered friends and her mate.

--------------------

“Yes,” Demon said as he looked at the sky. “It is a rather magnificent night, isn’t it? Of course my presence makes it all the better.” He flicked his tail as he eyes stayed trained on the sky, “If only it would snow though…” He trailed off, shaking himself out of his wishful state despite the fact that snow was one of the few things that completely delighted him. “Oh,” he said with smirk, “forgive my manners for I haven’t introduced myself. I’m Demon and you are?”

She was prettier up close, he thought, though not enough to distract me. Her light attitude toward Nana however, made him suppress an unseemly smile. Though he’d never admit it, he had a soft spot for the familiar, though he still regarded her outwardly as a nuisance.

Nana rolled back upward, whining cutely as she had failed to get Demon’s attention. Shaking it aside, she trotted closer to him again, leaning up against his foreleg and nuzzling him wit his nose affectionately. A small smile touched her mouth as she closed her eyes, content to be close to the stallion.

--------------------

Johar almost raised a brow at his comment that the night was even better since his presence was there, but she let that comment slide as to her there was no reason to say something about it. “If it where snowing well I would blend in quiet well.” Of course she had a light attitude towards Nana since she knew; she meant no ill will towards her. “I’m Johar.” Giving a slight nod, she of course noticed he was a handsome stallion but to her no stallion could compare to Shetan. Giving a little laugh as Nana seemed to want attention from Demon, but then seemed contention to just be up against his foreleg.

--------------------

“Well, hello to you Johar,” he said courteously. “Your coat is just as beautiful as snow so there would be no shame in that.” He let a true smile come forth, simply imagining the soft, feathery crystal of ice falling onto his coat. “Do you live close by?” he said with polite interest, his normal haughty attitude tamed when he was around females, particularly those who were older than himself. Already he could tell that she most likely had mate but couldn’t restrain himself from his naturally flirtatious nature. “For it’d be a disgrace for a lady such as yourself to be alone on such a night.”

For a second, he shot a soft glance down at the wolf by his feet, resisting the urge to bend down and nudge the pup in another’s company.

Nana, noticing Demon’s brief gaze, made a soft noise of content in the back of her throat. Her tail swished happily back and forth against the grass, nuzzling herself closer to the larger creature.

--------------------

“Well thank you for such a complement Demon. I must admit your own coat is beautiful in its mix of black and white.” Johar gave her own smile back and knew Demon was being flirty which really hardly bothered her at all. “No I don’t live to far off from here really. Oh really, well it seems I’m not alone this night right now with you and Nana here.” Catching the glace he gave to Nana, she could tell those two where close but he seemed to not be the type to show public affection to Nana.

--------------------

Demon preened at the compliment, his enjoyment of the mare’s company rising as did his ego. “It must be wonderful to live by such a valley. I, of course, have a beautiful dwelling as well, high up in the mountains.” He gained a slight look of annoyance as he thought of the ever-growing number that lived by their teepee. “It’s just a pity that my beautiful self must share such a gorgeous living space with so many unworthy creatures.” He twitched at the thought of Damascus, the ever-lazy brute of their group. It was always amusing to bring a rise out of the cow-spotted soquili though he couldn’t shake the initial image of that uncouth stallion trotting back home one day absolutely covered in mud. Nana, much to Demon’s chagrin, adored the younger stallion as much as she did anyone who would play with her. Demon bristled at the thought that Nana might enjoy Damascus’ company over his own but was quickly quelled by a loving touch from Nana’s cold nose.

--------------------

Johar nodded to Demon. “Yes it’s most enjoyable to live near such a nice valley as this one. I’m sure you have a beautiful dwelling that you live at.” Oh she could tell such compliments where bring up his ego and saw almost right off the bat he had one from just talking to him for a few minutes. “Oh really and what makes them so unworthy to be around you or in your living space?” she asked with curiosity as he was the first she has met that had such an ego like this.

--------------------

He smiled imperiously, “Of course it’s beautiful. It is high up in the mountains, overlooking the forest and the valley giving the best view of the land as possible.” He glowed in the attention, giving his head a toss. He brought his attention back to Johar’s last question. “Hn,” he snorted. “Orchu is wonderfully to be around, of course and his choice in company, mainly me, is usually something to be awed out. However...” He gained a look of disdain, “I honestly don’t see how he can handle everyone. Auri is usually someone I can bare, though her shameless wolf, Lux, needs to be taught some manners.” His annoyance at the other wolf familiar was prominent in his voice, his grudge carrying over to the one time the fruitless familiar had decided it to be fun to get Demon horrendously wet after he had finished meticulously grooming his mane.

“Nora, Orchu’s daughter, is tolerable but needs to discover the purpose of a brush, as she keeps him coat in such a shameless state. Avaru may be the only one other than Orchu who may be worthy of my full-time presence as he is the only one to fully acknowledge my obviously superior skills and looks.” He basked in the thought of the bongo soquili, the younger stallion’s deeply submissive nature appealing to Demon’s ego.

“Damascus is just a barbaric stallion who spends his entire time sleeping instead of taking a proper bath. Uncouth and unclean,” Demon finished with contempt. “And sadly, the younger ones, Orion and Mocha, have yet to understand my full genius as of yet but they shall learn.”

Demon finished his rant, only then realizing his lapse in manners. He gave another charismatic smile and a slightly apologetic bow of his head for manner’s sake. “I apologize for my unsightly raving, Johar. But frustration does gather up after awhile.” He gave a dramatic sigh. “How about you, my lady? Do you enjoy this beautiful scenery alone or do you share your dwelling another?” he inquired.

--------------------

Johar kept herself from laughing at how big his ego was while he ranted on, which she hardly minded as she was fairly patient. “Sounds like a nice place indeed.” she then gave a slight shrug of her shoulders as he apologized for his rant. “Sometimes on needs someone to rant to and it seems you had a long rant that you need to get out so there’s no need to apologize about it.” Giving a toss of her long mane, she replied. “I’m usually alone but I find some company now and again that is when Shetan is not around with me.” Of course, it showed that she thought highly of Shetan when she spoke.

--------------------

Demon nodded his head grudgingly as he agreed. Despite all the annoyances, he couldn’t think of living anywhere else. At his side, Nana let out a cute yawn, the noise catching Demon’s attention. He nudged Nana gently with his hoof, careful not to prod her too hard. In response Nana tilted her head up to meet his gaze, his eyes clouded in sleepiness as she struggled to keep them awake.

Demon debated with himself for a moment, wondering whether he should continue his conversation with Johar or lead Nana back to the teepee. She was still young and needed more sleep than he did, and demon hated to admit that he was constantly worried about the pup. His protectiveness over his familiar won out and he bent his head slightly in a half-hearted bow to Johar. “As delightful as this conversation has been, I must regretfully return to the teepee. Even someone as naturally gorgeous as myself needs their beauty sleep, know don’t they?” he said, adding the last part as an excuse to bring Nana back to the warm teepee for a night’s sleep. He gave Nana another nudges and a soft neigh to wake her up, gaining a groggy and shivering wolf in response. Nana yawned again, trotting slowly often Demon who had walked a few steps away and toward the forest for their trek back into the mountains. As a last parting, Demon turned partially back to face Johar. “I bid you goodnight. Perhaps next time we see each other I shall meet this Shetan who you speak so highly of.”

With that, Demon turned around, trotting purposefully slowly at Nana’s pace as he entered into the forest, quickly disappearing among the deep evergreen trees and out of sight.

--------------------

Johar chuckled a bit, knowing he said that only as an excuse since he seemed to care much for the small pup, Nana. "It has been a pleasure, and I think need some sleep myself." She gave a slight bow to him. "Good night Demon." Watching him leave, she smiled a bit to herself. Despite the fact he had an ego, he was actually nice in his own way. After he disappeared, she trotted off on her own to go get some sleep for the night.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:01 am
.::RP Log - Open/Private RP::.
.First Meetings :: Demon and Meena.
.Date :: Nov. 11, 2006.
.Pages in '[PRP] First Meetings.' :: 1, 2 & 3.
.Status. :: On-Going

The shadows of the looming pine trees stretching further into the open meadow as the sun sank lower into it's bed beyond the mountains. The evening chill swirled in the air, causing a light shiver from the Husky soquili. Demon gave his mane a toss, moving a clump of the hair out of his eyes as he gave an irritable snort.

He resisted the childish urge to stomp on something. His annoyance was evident as he took each step with vengeance, imagining his source of annoyance under his hooves. It was amazing, he thought, how Damascus could get under his nerves. 'That, that,' Demon thought to himself, 'uncouth barbarian.' He twitched silently to himself, annoyed at both the younger stallion and himself for his lack of control.

--------------------

Meena stood, lost in her thoughts as she watched the sun slowly sink beyond the horizon. Her homecoming had been much as she had expected; she had slotted back into her own life as easily as a round peg into a round hole, but she still felt something missing. There was a yearning to have what her mother had found. A strong mate. A family of her own.
She snorted a little, shaking her mane. Melancholy wasn’t really her thing, and there would be a fire to stand by in the Village. She made her way across the meadow, lost in thoughts of wondering how persuade one of the two-leggers to toast her an apple as she had been given one time and almost walked into a stallion.
'Oh..' she halted, tail flicking in her embarrassment.
'I am sorry. I did not see you there.'

--------------------

Demon swirled around as the mare almost walked into him, his indignation evident. He struggled to compose himself, hating the idea of being so out of control over his emotions at this moment. He wasn't normally one to become so annoyed at another one of Damascus' stupid acts but the stallion had grated him in a particularly wrong way that morning.

He turned to face the mare, his eyes raking across her face and her soft chocolate coat. Her mane framed her face in neat and meticulous braids, the feathers twining into the strands of hair delicately. He took a step back. "It's fine, miss," he said courteously, his vexation not overriding his manners. Despite that, he couldn’t stop the slight strain in his words. "I'm sure my brilliance distracted you from your path anyway," he continued, slipping unconsciously back into his narcissistic nature, the familiar condescending tone soothing his anger for a moment.

--------------------

The stallion seemed quite dapper - and held himself very proudly she noted, taking in his features in a quick all glance. His coat was striking, black on white and had very blue eyes…and oh she was staring now. She flicked her ears and dipped her head to him, a greeting she had learned from her mother.
'Well, I should have been watching where I was going.' she managed, eyes alight with suppressed mirth. She bit her tongue, wanting to tease him for his manner but having just met him she had no idea how he would take it.
'I am Meena,' she said, when she was certain she could answer without a laughing whicker.

--------------------

Demon preened at the mare’s stare, her actions slowly dissipating his previous annoyance as he flourished under the attention. "Of course it must be difficult though, with my presence so near. My magnificence is just so stunning I can see how easily you might be distracted from wondrous self." He gave his mane a toss and his tail a flicker, practically glowing as he spoke.

"Well, fair Meena," he said with a slight tilt of his head in greeting. "What might a beautiful mare you yourself be doing on this fine day. Then again, I'm sure you saw my beauty from such a distance and had to see what other-worldly being possessed some grace, no?" A smug smirk graced his lips as he continued speaking, content in being in his born element once again. "My name is Demon and the pleasure is yours, I'm sure."

--------------------

Meena was trying very hard not laugh as Demon primped on the spot before her. It was too funny! He had such a high opinion of himself; sure he was pleasing to the eye but he wasn’t anything spectacular!
'Why yes, you so dazzled me that I fair forgot to watch the splendor of the dying rays of the days sun.' she teased a little, gently, wondering if he would realize.
'Oh I was just standing here, thinking to myself "How I wish a stallion that was more radiant then a summer's day would walk out here",' her tail swished from side to side as she let out a whickering laugh.
'You are a funny one Demon.'

--------------------

Demon beamed, happily accepting the compliments. Her humorous tone made it through to him but he found himself not to care. He was magnificent after all and it was only a matter of time before the less fortunate realize such a fact. "I know, I know. I'm just that gorgeous aren't I?" he said with a smirk, happily enjoying the compliments, teasing as they were. "What luck you must have, to have such a thought some true. After all, it's not everyday you meat someone as radiant as myself who puts even the beauty of the sunset to shame." He shot her an imperious look, his cyan eyes glinting in amusement as his tail flickered.

"Funny?" he said, tasting the word on his tongue before his smirk grew. "Of course I am. I am perfect after all. However..." He trailed off, taking a lingering gaze up and down her coat. "I'm must say, your coat isn't too bad. No where near the perfection of my own of course, but exceeding the normal standards." He gave his mane another toss, inwardly smiling gleefully as it fell around his face to casting an attractive shadow in the dying sunlight.

--------------------

Meena almost fell to the ground and rolled in the grass with glee over his trumped up opinion of himself, but she knew that would definitely not be as appreciated as her gentle teasing (which he had seemed to skirt around, merely taking her words as showering compliments!).
'So perfect huh? I take it you have the perfect mare waiting for you somewhere, and perfect children?' she asked, then shifted on the spot. She wasn’t all that used to compliments.
'Well thanks,' she said.

--------------------

"Hmp," he said, turning his noise up. "Of course I shall find myself the perfect mate one day." He stomped on the ground with a hoof, his argument with Damascus brought up again in his mind. He snorted, shaking his head. "But," he continued, "that won't be for awhile. After all..." Demon trailed off with a smirk, "Where shall I ever find a mare that meets my perfection?"

He raised an eyebrow at her passive response, "Well, what is wrong with trying to show off what you have." He made this disapproving noise at the back of his throat as the mare shifted nervously. "After all, it's not as if you are physically unfortunate like some."

--------------------

Well at least he was sure of himself. Overly sure though. How many mares out there would be considered perfect by Demon? She doubted any.
'I am not used to compliments is all.' Meena showed an expression that could be likened to a shrug.
'I traveled alone for a long time, and the only Soquilis I know really well are my parents, so they would be biased.' she chuckled.
'Does that mean I am pretty?' her ears flickered, and she felt pleased, despite the one was giving her the compliments. That he had noticed someone other then himself was to be marveled at.
'Do you have family around here?'

--------------------

"Traveling alone must be such a bore," Demon said, his voice bland and showing obvious disinterest in the though. "What fun is being the best when you are the only one around?"

"Hm," Demon's ears flicked as he contemplated the questions, his ears running across the mare's brown coat. He took a few steps to each side, examining the mare from different angles. His eyes followed the path of a particular braid, a light blue feather intertwined in the soft hair. A small knot was caught again a nearby bead but the rest seemed passable. "I suppose so," he continued, "In a... feminine way." He tested the words on his tongue, the idea of complimenting someone other than himself in such a manner foreign.

Demon snorted at the last questions. "Family? I think not. I never knew my parents as I grew up not do I particularly care to." His tailed flickered again and his scraped one hoof against the lush green grass. "I live up in the mountains though, within a few acquaintances. I met Orchu early on when I moved in this area and have been living with him ever since. However..." Demon trailed off and a sneer marred his face for a moment. "Our numbers seems to have multiplied greatly since then."

--------------------

'It depends if you care about that sort of thing or not,' Meena answered.
'I don't care if others think I'm the best mare or what have you. I wanted to go traveling, so I did.' she stood still, her tail swishing a little as Demon moved around her, looking intently at her. She'd not felt so scrutinized as this ever!
'I am pretty in a feminine way huh?'
That was a strange compliment. Well it could have been worse she guessed, grinning inside. She was surprised at his tone though in regards to his family and about how the Soquili herds had grown.
'But isn’t that a good thing? If no mares had foals, then Soquilis would be no more one day.'

--------------------

"Why would you not?" Demon asked flippantly, his confusion almost genuine. "It is nice though," he continued, "To not care what others think. Myself, for example." He winked, "I know I am perfect and it is only a matter of time before everyone else does as well, hm?"

Demon sighed dramatically for show, "Perhaps. It simply makes it hard to find some peace and quiet with so many young foals running around. I have enough of a headache with Auri's little wolf Lux around and Orion has a prankster streak in him. Not to mention," Demon huffed indignantly. "None of them hold any appreciation for beauty." He preened to himself as he said the last word, showing off his glory with a toss of his mane.

--------------------

'Do you think I should care? I know what's important to me, and I know that when you are out on your own that survival is the thing on your mind, not your appearance.' Meena chuckled at Demon.
'Well I'm sure they will all fall at your feet at some point, in awe of your perfection.'
She could so easily take offence, or find him foolish for the way he spoke but she mostly found him funny. Her tail swished in amusement.
'Well no. You don't remember what it was like to be a colt? You don’t really pay attention to the beauty of anything. It's all play, merriment and exploration.'

--------------------

"Survival is important, of course. But what is the point of surviving if you're not looking good while doing it?" Demon said off-handedly. Honestly, he couldn't image not caring about how it looked, his constant fretting over his gorgeous appearance being almost innate. "And of course they will, it's hard not to after all." He gave a purposefully dramatic sigh, "Some just don't understand perfection such as I."

Demon shifted, his tail brushing against his back legs as his allowed his eyes to trail to the mare's tail. "I'm glad you find me amusing." He smirked, trotting slowly a few steps to the side to circle the mare. "My time as a colt is not something I care to recall." He sneered to himself at the thought, the image of himself younger, trampling around in the water and mud like a commoner sent shivers down his body in horror. "Merriment and exploration aside, it's sometimes hard to remember exactly how it was like to be young and carefree." For the first time, Demon almost felt old. Almost. Then he snorted at the idea. 'Old I may be, but that age shall never dilute my beauty,' he reassured himself mentally.

--------------------

Meena giggled. She didn’t really want to continue talking about how she looked, it really wasn’t that important to her. So long as she didn’t look like a dishevelled hedge then everything was fine.
'Well you are.' she said, turning so that she could watch him as she moved around her.
'Really? I liked being a filly. It was a good time. I had my whole family together; mother and father, brother and sister. Even if I didn’t always get along with my siblings, I knew they were for me if I needed them.'
She let out a wistful sigh.
'I would want that for myself I think. My mother is very lucky. Our father adores her.'

--------------------

Demon pondered her giggle, musing silently at a soft and melodic laughter. It suited Meena, he thought, quiet and unassuming.

"Of course I am," he said with a smile, his tail flickering slightly.

"Hmm," he pondered, "I guess that is where we differ then. You had a family to grow up with and to enjoy while I had no siblings and don't quite remember by mother nor my father. Experience can shape our lives quite so, don't you say." Demon had never really thought about why he never cared for living in a large family. 'You can't miss what you've never known,' he thought coolly. He mentally snorted at the thought, 'Look at me. Pining over some family I never had like a half-wit. How unbecoming.' "Your mother is very lucky then: being adored is a wonderful feeling. I would know of course."

--------------------

Meena found herself staring at him, lost in thought for a moment. If he had been in anyway insulting to her along with his arrogance, then she'd have taken against him. But she found herself enjoying his company greatly. She blinked, snapping out of her thoughts.
'Yes. I'm sure it would be.'
She pawed at the ground.
'So you have many admirers then?' she pretended to look around him.
'I don't see them here right now..?'

--------------------

"Of course, I have admirers," Demon affirmed, smiling. "I sent them off. After all, being adored constantly does get tiresome after a certain point." He finished his sentence with a confident smile and a look to the mare and then a playful wink. His mood had definitely improved since earlier by talking with the mare and he couldn't help but be a little flirtatious.

He took a look to the sky, noticing the dark ominous clouds hovering over the mountains to the far left. The sky over the valley was still a clear blue but he wondered for a moment whether the weather would change. 'I surely hope not,' he thought. 'Water plus mane equals a complete disaster.'

--------------------

'Oh so I have you to myself then?'
What was she doing? Meena had no idea why she was acting this way. After all, it was a bit much to even think, contemplate! falling or having feelings for a stallion she'd just met. Let alone one that clearly only felt love for himself.
'What is it?' she asked, watching as he glanced skywards, thankful for a change of topic.
]

--------------------

Demon gave a charming smile, "Of course. Please grateful of this time for you never know when it may occur again." He paused for a second giving a sly glance, "I don't particularly mind though, having you to myself, that is." He flirted shamelessly, his amorous nature surfacing in his conversation.

"Hmm," he voiced softy as he turned back to Meena. "Just wondering if the rain will be coming. Water is disastrous when it comes to a newly groomed coat," he said. 'Maybe it'll snow thought,' he thought, his spirit lifting further at the thought of the fluffy white flakes.

--------------------

'Oh I'm sure I am very grateful for having you to myself.' Meena said archly and then chuckled. Then her cheek fur colored, the skin below blushing as his flirting registered.
'..I - err well thank you.' she stammered, feeling a little foolish with her words.

'Rain?' she looked skywards properly, noting the clouds that were slowly moving towards in their direction.
'I don’t worry too much about the ruining of a groomed coat, more so of being cold. And getting wet through can make you ill.'
She nodded.
'Snow would be better. Although it means we stand out more against the white background.'

--------------------

"Of course you are. You should be after all," he said smoothly. Her stammering made her cute, and he resisted the urge to tease her further. In the end, however, he couldn't pass the chance to amuse himself. "And I dare say that you are blushing, my dear. Am I really that irresistible?"

"Indeed. Freezing rain is the last thing we need during the winter time." He flicked his tail at the thought. "Snow would be wonderful," he said almost longingly. "Soft, beautiful snow."

--------------------

Meena shook herself with effort, forcibly reminding herself that Demon really seemed to only love himself, so why should she respond to his flirtations? He seemed to appreciate her in some small way, but she didn’t think enough to show that forming an attachment would lead to anything. But she was getting ahead of herself;
'I wouldn’t go that far.' she said, trying to collect her thoughts.
'I don’t know many stallions after all, I don’t have much to compare you against.'
She nodded.
'Well, snow is beautiful, but deadly as well. Here not so much, there is much shelter to be had, and plenty of food. But up in the mountains. Trapped and snowbound can be very dangerous.'

--------------------

Demon continued to smile. "So cruel," he said playfully. "However, I do feel sorry for any future stallions you may meet. It'll hard, after all, to beat me when it comes to looks. Such the disadvantages of meeting perfection so early on."

"Beautiful and deadly," Demon said dreamily at the thought. "Isn't it appealing? The challenge." He smiled even more broadly as he imaged thick heavy snow. "I've never had trouble with the snow. I could live in winter all year if it was possible.” He didn’t know why he had such an affiliation with snow, but he always had enjoyed the cold, crisp winter weather since he was a colt.

--------------------

'Are you saying I'll never find anyone better then you? If that's true, I should not think of looking any further..' Meena teased, a little shocked at her own boldness. It was fun though..

'I guess you like the snow because of your coloration? It would make you look very striking, standing against a crisp, white canvas.' she swished her tail a little.
'But it can blind, dazzle, and hides our food.' she blew through her nostrils thoughtfully, and then wandered to his side, brushing against his side gently before strolling away again as though the contact had been a mere accident.

--------------------

"Of course you shouldn't," Demon said proudly. "It'd just be a waste of time, after all. And time with such a pretty mare such as yourself is oh-so precious."

Demon laughed at her comment, smiling. "I've never thought of why I loved it so much. But you do have a point," he conceded. "I do look even more stunning than normal against the snow, no?" He struck a gallant pose again, this time to humor her.

"Hmm," Demon continued thoughtfully. "Beauty is deadly, wouldn't you say?" Demon raised an eyebrow at her touch, almost amused. Playfully, he pushed her back lightly, a challenging smile adorning his lips while he wondered to himself what possessed him to do so.

--------------------

If horses did blush...well she certainly felt a heat around her cheeks once more in a manner that would be blushing in a person.
'You certainly do wonders for my ego.' Meena quipped, turning after he'd bumped her in return; her head tilted to the side a little as she looked at him.
'Are you saying you are deadly? Is that a warning against forming an attachment with you?' she chuckled.
'I confess, I find myself very intrigued with you...so warnings might be too late.' she smiled a little.

--------------------

Demon smirked. "And you do wonders for mine, Ms. Meena." He tagged her name at the end teasingly.

"Perhaps it is," he said. "But where would the excitement be without the danger?" he challenged in return. "Do the risks outweigh the advantages?"

"And I now confess that I do believe that the risks, in my case, are nothing compared to what I may gain in finding myself equally intrigued with you." He smiled charmingly in return, his heart fluttering like s schoolgirls at her returning smiling. 'I feel like an idiot and sound like one too,' he thought. 'But why do I not seem to care this time?'

--------------------

She flicked her eyes in amusement at his use of her name in such a way;
'I would have thought that yours did not need boosting.' she found herself teasing him again but so far he hadnt taken against it, and given his words, she couldnt seem him doing so either.
'I think I could risk getting to know you further...' Meena paused before asking of him;
'Would you walk with me into the Village? If the weather does turn bad it is a more comfortable place to be. The main fire in particular is a pleasant spot.' Her voice betrayed her nerves, as she wondered quite how her request sounded.

--------------------

"Need doesn't necessarily equal want," he countered with a smile.

Demon chuckled uncharacteristically at her request. "So eager to show me off already, Ms. Meena?" He tagged his newest nickname for her at the end again, enjoying the feel of it as he left the tip of his tongue. "The Village is not far out of my way," he continued, already walking forward in the correct direction. "I suppose I could take the time to play escort to such a lovely mare." He stopped as he stopped a few feet ahead of her, turning his head back to give Meena another teasing glance. "Well, what are you waiting for, then? You can't keep a beauty like me waiting forever, you know."

--------------------

'True,' she admitted.
'And I suppose if you want your ego boosting it would be little hardship for me to do so.' Meena stepped forward a few paces, hooves lifted and placed in an overly dainty way as she mused on how to answer him without seeming too forward.
'To whom would I show you off to?' she asked, knowing full well that her mother would be around the Village somewhere. Ardia would certainly happy to see her daughter with a stallion.
'Come then,' she said, making a nipping motion to his shoulder as she passed him at a canter, the braids in her tail dancing with the motion of her gait.

--------------------

"Well, then, I konw where to come if I ever do need a little pick-me-up for the day." He winked again suggestively at the mare.

Demon laughed with a flick of his tail. "Whoever you wish to, my dear. After all, it'll be hard to keep the attention off of of the moment we walk in." He linnked for a moment at her antics before following. "Fiesty little thing, aren't we, Ms. Meena?" He followed alongside her, his tail swinging back and forth with his movement as they headed off.

--------------------

'You mean you'll be leaving my side at some point then?' she made herself sound petulant, although it really wasnt so much of a stretch. The thought of their little meeting ending, despite it being the first time made her feel...what? It didnt sit well anyway.
'Really? There arent too many Soquili that really frequent the Village all the time. I think you might get attention from the two-legged ones, and that's about it.'
Was Meena jealous? She didnt know, and merely carried on cantering towards the distant Village, the tops of the teepees just visible on the horizon.

--------------------

"Going to be lonely without me?" Demon said with another smirk of his. "Don't worry, Ms. Meena. I'll make sure that the rest of this meeting is so wondrous that it'll content you whenever I may not be near." He leaned closer and gave one of her braids a light tug. 'I won't ever be too far away thought,' he thought to himself, already rather fond of the mare.

"Hmm, that's fine though. After all, I'm just that gorgeous that I even attract the admiration of two-leggers. My stunning presence is not confined to those of our species." He struck a pompous pose again, enjoying the way the sunlight reflected off of his sleek coat. As the tips of the teepees came closer, he moved a little closer to the mare, his tail occasionally brushing the sides of Meena's legs.

--------------------

'Hmm I might be,' Meena replied, slowing to a walk as grass gave way to the hard packed earth of the Village area. She flicked her tail, laughing at his tugs of her braids and moved in the direction of the main fire.
'Oh you will? I can't imagine what else you can do to top the wonder of meeting you.' she teased him lightly again. A cursory glance around the fire told her that from where there were her mother wasnt around. It was probably a good thing, she wasnt sure she wanted to be questioned about a stallion she had only spent a small amount of time with. And Ardia was certain to ask just the right kind of embarrassing questions.

--------------------

"You poor thing, then," he said, teasingly. Demon nightly sidestepped a muddy puddle as he talked, giving an inner shiver at the thought of stepping in such a mess.

He gave Meena a sly look, "Of course not. Only a fool would even try to find such a moment that, of course, not not exist." Demon noticed her glance, thought he chose to ignore it. 'Likely insignificant,' he thought.

--------------------

'Well..this is pretty much my home..I was born in this Village, along with my sister and brother.' Meena snorted a little at his comments.
'I know about being alone, travelling by myself. I dont think I was that lonely because I was always moving.'
She looked around again, not sure of herself for a moment;
'And then when I stopped moving around. I guess it really hit me, coming back to where my mother and father were so happy.'
She shook her mane and gave him a half smile.
'I'm sure it doesnt matter to you, I cant even imagine why I'm suddenly telling you all this.'

-Polar-

-Polar-

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 1:42 am

.Untitled :: Avaru and Orah.
.Date :: Nov. 12, 2006.
.Pages in '[PRP] Avaru and Orah.' :: 1.
.xxx.

Avaru's brown eyes darted swiftly back and forth through the trees as he ambled along; hoping to catch a glimpse of the white and buckskin mare. Mocha and Avaru had been wandering through the forest when Mocha had suddenly taken off at a gallop. The kind and playful mare had spotted an eagle flying above the now, almost bare trees. Orange and brown leaves coated the forest floor and they made crunching sounds every so often beneath Avaru's hooves. The stallion had chosen not to chase after the mare but instead continue walking; Avaru knew she'd become bored of chasing the eagle after a bit and find her way back to him. The stallion tilted his ears as he heard the trickling of water nearby, realizing he was approaching one of the streams that ran through the center of the forest. He snorted lightly and lowered his head as he reached the edge of the stream. Avaru waded into the middle of the stream and began to sip the water; it was rather cold, yet refreshing. His long tail was flowing along with the current; swishing back and forth with the water of the stream.

--------------------

The trickling sound of the water reached small, perked ears, leading on a figure of deep mohagany and stripes. Orah trotted towards the sound, her throat reminding her that it had been a while since she'd had a drink. Brush parted to brush against her sides as she pushed her way through it, coming into an open space.

The water trickled happily, beckoning the little mare forward. When her hooves touched the sparse grass at the edge though, chocolate eyes caught sight of a figure in the water and she froze. Orah could only stare for a moment at the stallion, many thoughts tumbling in confusion through her head. Should she continue on? Should she head back the way she came and hope she wasn't noticed? Shyness warred with her thrist, one hoof poised in the air in the picture of a suprised doe caught at the edge of the water.

--------------------

Avaru sighed and lifted his head, his brown eyes staring into space as he pondered for a moment. The stallion shook his head; causing his mane to toss and he stretched his legs before making his way out of the water. Lost in thought he hadn't been paying attention to where he was going and he looked up just in time to swerve to the side before colliding with a mare. "I'm very sorry, miss..." He began, "Please forgive me, I'm rather out of it at the moment and wasn't being mindful of my surroundings like I should've been..." He trailed off, noticing the mare was in a frozen state of mind. Avaru tilted his head and resisted the urge to nudge her shoulder gently with his muzzle. He waited patiently for a response from the mare, but when none came he said gently, "I'm sorry if I have frightened you, are you alright?" His eyes watched the mare, hoping her expression would change and that he might receive a response from her.

--------------------

Well... there went that. As the stallion moved out of the water, she tossed her head and danced backwards, her short mane bouncing against her neck as she stammered out an appology.

"E-excuse me! I'm... sorry if I was in your way. I just came in for a drink..." She retreated to just out of his reach, putting on a soft smile. He made her rather nervous... He was rather big, a good deal taller than the rather short mare. But then, most stallions made her nervous. Pushing down the feeling, she nodded her head lightly, a soft nicker slidding from her throat.

"Its okay, really... I'm fine. I'm not, um, scared."

--------------------

Avaru blinked; in a state of confusion. "Of course you weren't in my way," He gave a courteous nod of his head towards the mare. "And I'm sorry to have startled you..." He smiled genuinely at the mare. "Aren't you thirsty?" His brown eyes flickered upon the stream momentarily. "Please don't let my presence prevent you from drinking." Avaru took a few steps back into the stream; hoping to encourage the mare not to be alarmed by his presence. Avaru's eyes fled to the water; realizing he had been staring at the mare. He lowered his muzzle to the water; taking a short drink once more before straightening his neck. His brown eyes feel upon the mare once more; suddenly Avaru felt suddenly self conscious and he felt a blush growing upon his brown cheeks. He snorted lightly and opened his mouth to speak; however his thoughts failed him and he quickly shut his mouth. He closed his eyes, turning his head to the side. Avaru tried again, "I don't think I've met you before. My name is Avaru." A grin spread over his lips; he swished his tail and focused solely on the mare before him.

--------------------

His sudden discomfort seemed to ease her nerves a little, enough that she gingerly stepped down to the water and lowered her head to it. She lipped at the water and fell to sipping it lightly, letting the water trickle down her throat. Cool and delicious, it really hit the spot.

Mohagany eyes flickered once in a while to the stallion in the stream, though she tried to hide her sideways glances. He seemed nice... and was that a hint of a blush? Oh, my... how sweet. At least she wasn't the only one feeling nervous and shy.

Finally she raised her head, water droplets running down her jaws before she shook her head to clear them. "Its nice to meet you... My name is Orah."

--------------------

Avaru sensed the mare become less tense and he smiled lightly. The stallion arched his neck down and dipped his muzzle in the water; taking another quick sip of the refreshing water. When he lifted his head up his chocolate brown eyes fell upon the mare; she was drinking still from the cool stream. Avaru noticed the mare glancing at him ever so often and he tilted his head in curiosity; wondering why the mare did so. He was tempted to turn his head away quickly as the mare lifted her head up; to act as if he hadn't been watching her. This however seemed to be a futile idea since is Avaru had looked away quickly the mare would have of course seen his movement and assume he had been looking at her anyway. He gave a light snort and allowed his gaze to focus on the stream for a few moments. His ears perked up as she spoke and his gaze fled to the mare once more. "Orah? That's a very pretty name..." The stallion gave a polite smile and bowed his head slightly to Orah.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:36 am

.Untitled :: Moir and Thera.
.Date :: Nov. 19, 2007.
.Pages in '[PRP] Moir and Thera.' :: 1.

Moir's black eyes were half open as she lay in the meadow, long strands of grass clinging to her coat as she lay; the rain sprinkling down over the land. The mare had been laying there for quite some time; her coat now soaked and her form shivering. Moir felt nothing of the cold that ran through her body however; she rarely felt emotion, other than the buried hatred she felt towards most things. She shook her head a tad; causing rain to flick off the strands of her short mane. The gentle sound of the rain falling onto the ground was the only sound the mare heard; her mind wandering aimlessly. She shifted her body slightly, tilting it to the opposite side of which she had been laying on; her black and pale purple tipped, white wings rustling gently at her sides. A shallow wheezing sound escaped her form briefly, then once again the only sound that could be heard was that of the rain.

--------------------

Like other feathered birds, the onpouring rain put a damper on alicorns as well. The wetness irritated the feathers, slowly rendering them with each carefully placed drop, useless. The indian red tinted alicorn attempted to thwart the rain's plan, though she wasn't getting much satisfaction out of it. She had left her winged companion somewhere back on the ground -- her hawk friend was too wise to soar against the sky in this hour. A small flame of regret had lingered in the mare, but she vanquished all hesitant thoughts as she spotted a shimmering form down below. A diamond in the rough... she thought.

It was about time she had gotten down from the sky. Rain soaked her body like a sponge underneath the ocean's waves. Her landing was stiff, and she shook ever-so-slightly due to the cold wind brushing against her pelt. The sky was dark, and the grass was darker. Her light golden hooves trodded heavily on the land, the weight of the raindrops pushing her downwards. They were not so light anymore, as the dark air obscured them.

The mare peered intently through the grass--where was that shimmer she had seen earlier?

"I don't like this rain..." she mumbled to herself, blaming her dulled perceptions of vision and scent on the rain. She immediately gave a burst of gust with her wings, shaking the water off of them momentarily.

--------------------

The rain continued to pour, beating down upon the land cold drops that descended from the pure gray sky overhead. Moir's ears tilted backward upon her head as a dull thump of a sound registered briefly in her mind against the constant rain. She wondered momentarily where the sound had come from; no other sound had disturbed her thus far. She felt an odd temptation to scan the meadow with her dark eyes for a source from which the sound had come. Yet the surrounding land was black; the sun long ago having disappeared as night fell upon the land. Moir doubted she would be able to see anything as it were so she decided it would be a waste to tilt her head this way or that in hope of glimpsing something rather. A faint string of mumbled words drifted to the mare's ears, as well as the rustling sound of a pair of feathery wings; causing Moir's black eyes to narrow. Moir felt slightly agitated; partially at herself for being slightly curious by the sounds and also at whatever the sounds that had bothered her peace had come from. She felt the sounds should not bother her, nor create curiosity, nor stir up any other form of emotion within her. A wheezing sound escaped Moir's form once again as she lay in the grass. A ray of light managed to shine down from moon somewhere from beyond the sea of clouds and the ray caught something at just the right angle, producing a quick glimmer upon a shiny object which reflected in the corner of Moir's eyes. She recognized the sparkle as one created when the moon light catches a creature's horn at a perfect angle. So... Moir thought, A creature with wings has landed upon the ground through the rain and it bares a horn. Before thinking these thoughts it had already occurred to her that another alicorn was near by in the meadow. Moir felt an odd emotion run through her body; one she did not recollect as having had before. It was a strange feeling of wonder and intrigue. Alicorns like herself were rare, or at least presumably they would be; it obviously would be unnatural for a soquili to bare wings and a horn no less. Perhaps this alicorn was similar to Moir; she grimaced at the thought, highly doubting it. No emotion shown over Moir's appearance as thoughts churned through her head. Suddenly the mare was overwhelmed; she needed to pause things, too many notions were rocketing about and she was becoming frustrated. Her eye lids shut; her sight and thoughts fading into a black abyss. Better. Moir thought resentfully. She shook her head and slightly opened her eyes half way once again. If she was to meet another alicorn she would go from the time of the meeting and perhaps allow thoughts to seep into her mind at a leisurely pace. Instantly Moir cleared her head of all thoughts; returning to the calm exterior and interior ideals she had borne before hearing any unordinary noises. The light sprinkling of rain upon the damp earth was the only sound once again the mare heard.

--------------------

The mare lowered her head, squinting her eyes in a useless attempt to make something out of the deep darkness and the heavy mist of rain. She thought she had heard movement, but she couldn't see anything through the veil that the unfortunate weather had thrown over the landscape. She paused, trying to call out, but her voice was swallowed by the drumming of the rain. The horse huffed, irritated, and flapped her wings against the constant onslaught of water and wind, repositioning them as tightly as she could on her back.

She continued onwards to pace forward in the general direction of the shimmer she had sighted earlier, swinging her head back and forth in search of anything suspicious. Unable to help becoming more frustrated as the wind beat at her teasingly, impatient thoughts raced through her head, I swear it was around here... It couldn't have been my imagination... What sort of being would be out in this sort of weather anyway? Honestly... I can't even hear my own footsteps in this weather...

She trailed closer and closer, as if an invisible force were leading her forward toward the other mare. She called out again, this time louder, annoyance evident in her tone, "Hello? Is anybody there?"

As if on cue, her forehoof slipped on a stray and wet rock, sending her stumbling forward into the silent figure with a squeal.

--------------------

Moir heard a voice through the onslaught of pouring rain. It questioned if someone was there... I'm right here; what could you possibly want from me? Moir wondered; squinting her black eyes in annoyance. The next thing the mare knew was that something fell into her side. ... That hurt. Moir shook her head back and forth furiously; hoping if she shook her head enough she would no longer feel the pain pulsing through her side perhaps. A wheezing sound escaped Moir's lips before she spoke coolly. "Do you mind?" The mare gradually stood; and ambled forward a few paces before half turning around to stare at the soquili on the ground. "I'll assume you didn't purposely stumble into me; but you really should pay more attention to where you are going." Moir's voice was indifferent yet affirmative. The mare's words were muffled by the rain and the thunder rolling about in the sky. Black eyes gazed up into the darkness of the sky; rain falling upon her face as she stared into blackness. Moir's eyes fell back upon the creature on the ground. She felt a pang of guilt for being so upfront; perhaps the other soquili was hurt from their fall. A frown appeared on Moir's features; she generally wasn't one to act like she cared. Sighing, Moir inquired, "You're not hurt are you?" The mare pondered a moment before another frown formed on her face. "What are you doing outside in this weather?" She mumbled; curiosity forcing the question from her lips.

--------------------

Light violet eyes gazed at the mare before her, attempting to concentrate with her head spinning from the fall. "Do I..." she gasped out in an endeavor to mimick the figure. As soon as her head became clearer, she carefully surveyed the now-visible mare. She was...

"Alicorn," she said in wonderment while the other mare continued to talk. The other mare's words did not seep in until her belief that the form before her was an alicorn did. "I--I apologize," she murmered, still on the ground, "It's impossible to see anything with this... Rain..." As she spoke, the soquili rose shakily from the ground, her expression changing from dazed to sheepish. "I'm fine, thank you. You're okay too, right?" She squinted at the other, trying to make out any signs of an injury.

She stifled a sudden chuckle at the next question, dissolving into coughs in an attempt to cover up, a lopsided grin forming on her face, doing little to help the obvious lie, "I'm... I'm just out ah... Enjoying the weather! Because... I like rain. A lot." The mare paused, before trying to redirect the line of conversation, "What about you? I understand this isn't exactly the best weather to be lying around in."

--------------------

Moir frowned in annoyance. "You should." The mare restrained the urge to roll her eyes. 'Do I.' A wheezing sounded followed by a snort escaped the mare. Moir frowned again slightly but shook her head. "Apology accepted... And yes I suppose that is true. It would have been hard to see me." Black eyes once again stared up into the dark sky; white specs of rain falling quickly and endless down in the night. "I'm alright; my side just hurt upon the collision. It's nothing I'm sure." As Moir stood upon her four hooves her body rocked back and forth a tad; testing that no part of her body hurt too much to the point she would not be able to walk or fly. The mare raised an eyebrow at the other mare as she grinned oddly. "Enjoying the weather..." She mumbled and felt like scoffing but caught herself before she could. "If you say so." Once again Moir had to suppress the urge to roll her eyes. "What you need to understand is that I was lying in the rain alone and being perfectly content in my solitude before it was disturbed by someone falling into me." Moir countered the mare. The mare turned around and attempted to scan the land; everything was black and wet however so the attempt was rather fruitless. "Rain is nice..." She mumbled lightly; doubting the other mare would be able to hear her through the rain.

--------------------

With head dipping low slightly out of guilt, the mare whispered an inaudible sigh, "Sorry again. Had I known the terrain on this land well beforehand, I would have prevented myself from colliding into a gem such as yourself." She had to restrain a snort at her own last comment. The brown alicorn did feel apologetic towards the other, but there seemed to be something impervious about the stranger that made her vivacious.

She took a few steps so that she was in front of the other mare. Her head tilted upwards and she said in a lofty manner, "Rain is nice, you say; if so, what seems to have you down in this weather?" She shook her head so as to get some moisture off of her head as she continued, "Must be lovely sitting in the rain by your lonesome until someone bumps into you." She coughed at her joke, eyes averting the gaze of the other mare before she felt well enough to speak again. "I'm Thera..." she concluded offhandedly.

--------------------

Moir's black eyes narrowed at the mare's sarcasm. "I admit that I am no gem; yet I am not as clumsy as yourself at least." The mare mumbled; a seething tone escaping her lips. Moir's black eyes fell upon the brown alicorn as she moved in front of her. "Down?" Moir repeated. "I am standing; aren't I?" The mare's brow furrowed in confusion. "I am most certainly not feeling 'down' or 'blue' or however you would put it. What I feel is nothing and if I did feel anything it would be none of your concern I assure you. And it was lovely; however that was loveliness was ruined when someone bumped into me indeed." Moir was beginning to grow agitated by the other mare. "Moir." She countered. Thera... Moir repeated to herself. The name had some sort of... pleasing sound to it or something.

--------------------

A brow raised in slight amusement and irritation to the offense. "Perhaps," Thera said hesitantly, "Perhaps. Whatever you say, and if taken in the literal sense, you do of course feel the rain on your wings, your horn tip, and your pale body." She shifted her weight and sniffed once before continuing again, "And it is my concern as you are most immediate to my vicinity, and, without need to say, I ruined your lovely moment with the rain." Another sniff came as her body shivered. Was the rain giving her a cold, now...?

"Good to meet you, Moir," Thera replied, her head turning to the side as she repeated the name in her head. And somehow, she felt a foreshadowing that the name would come more often in the future, but... She shivered again.

"Moir, would you enjoy seeking shelter from the rain?" She looked at the other alicorn again. Moir couldn't possibly have found pleasure in sitting in the rain by herself. "I'll be much obliged if you'd accompany me. My hawk companion is not with me, and, well..." she pawed the ground with her right hoof anxiously as she continued, "I haven't seen... ones such as yourself or I in such a long time." An honest smile expressed itself as she awaited her response.

-Polar-

-Polar-

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:50 pm

.Another Male? :: Avaru and Rainbow Chaser.
.Date :: Jan. 2, 2007.
.Pages in '[PRP] Another Male?.' :: 1 & 2.

Chaser walked around her crystal blue eyes scanned the horizon for a sight of someone so she could at least see that someone was alive. Her mane blew slightly with the wind as she watched the horizon...she gave a small sigh and headed towards the river. Chaser bent down slowly and took a short sip of water before returning to her position. She flipped her mane turnng towards the sky.

She saw to birds swoop through each other which made her smile as she gave a giggle. She had two friends with wings one named Lunaris who now had kids! And her other friend Zaribe who was still alone and my ways he a flirt. Chaser gave a little laugh but not loud enough for anyone to hear in ear shot.

Her mane began to blow as she watched the horizon again. Her eyes layed on the snow. It was white...that was so pretty. She gave another smile. Bliss always been tolled that her smile could make anyone smile. Then her best friend Daray had been saying that she smiled a lot...was that bad?! Her mind scaddered about that for a couple minutes until she finally gave an annoyed sigh, "Where is every one!"

--------------------

A light layer of snow rested on the dark brown coat of a stallion; whom had fallen asleep the previous night by the edge of the forest and close by to the river. His ears twitched in his sleep as he dreamt; rather content with his reverie. His body shook suddenly however; causing some of the snow residing on his body to slide off, as a huffing sound followed by light chatter awakened him. Avaru's ears pinned back slightly as he leisurely flicked an eye lid open. He failed to see anything however with this view and he opened both eyes begrudgingly. All that flooded his vision was the white wonderland that he had fallen asleep in; dark shades of green peeking through here and there where the snow failed to adorn the evergreens of the forest. Avaru lifted his head; twisting it this way and that before his body became tense and he froze. His brown eyes stared at a light brown mare that was standing a medium distance away from him in the snow. Avaru unintentionally tilted his head as he took her appearance in; the mare's coat was a light brownish shade with speckles of darker brown adorning her pelt. Her main and tail were an unusual shade of reddish-purple in Avaru's opinion and she wore two flowers in her mane. Her hooves he noted were pink and she had a large white stripe on her face ending at the tip of her nose. Avaru was captivated as he looked at her eyes; which were a dazzling shade of light blue. He stared for a moment longer before blinking and shaking his head; causing the snow that was still upon his neck and head to fly off; clumps of snow flying in all directions. Avaru rose and began walking towards the mare, rather curious as to who she was; he definitely hadn't met her before. He didn't think she had yet noticed his presence and he exhaled; releasing a light snort. "Pardon me, but I was wondering if you said something?" Avaru pawed lightly at the snow with his front hoof anxiously. "I thought I heard a murmur although I didn't make out what was said, nor really where the sound had come from..." Avaru felt bashful as he spoke to the mare; hoping she indeed had spoken and that it was not some sort of figment of his imagination. The stallion's brown eyes fell to the snow just in front of where he stood as he waited for a response.

--------------------

Chaser turned to see a stalion of brown dark brown to be correct. He had white stripes and some white dots and on his muzzle.He also had black on him which made him look so much darker but it was still a stunning sight for a stallion.Unlike most mares Chaser wasn't that shocked...she was only shocked when things such as birds cawed out of no where. She stood looking at him as her crystal blue eyes soften as she smile.Her smile was sencer as she looked at him with a slight cough before she spoke, her voice was a bit craked from not talking"Oh my hello!Oh yes I did speak of how it seemed everyone had dissapared I guess I was wronge"her eyes admired his fur she had met many normal colored soquili but non that had such a stunning patern as his she shuffled her pink hooves as she watched him.She soon wandered in her own mind as she shook her head and turned her attention back to the stallion she smiled yet aain as she spoke once more"Pardon my manners I am Rainbow Chaser!May I ask of your name sir?" chaser gave a small bow in her late formal greeting as her eyes met his astaonishing brown eyes as she quickly shook her head again making sure her flowers did not fall out.

--------------------

Avaru felt rather nervous as he felt the mare's eyes examining him; it had been some time since he had spoken with others besides those whom he resided with. The stallion's eyes rose to rest upon the mare's face as she spoke; his ears taking in her words. "Hello..." He repeated somewhat quietly; shifting his ears slightly. "Oh," Avaru nodded in understanding. "It seems there have been fewer soquili about since the beginning of the winter months... I myself have even been venturing outside of my teepee less. The cold weather doesn't suit my taste; yet... it is rather refreshing I must admit. I used to live in a far warmer climate than this and the chilly air has a more cleansing effect upon my lungs." As his words trailed off his brown eyes fled to the bleak sky; which stood a faint blue color, as if the natural sky blue color of the summer had been plastered over by layers of white translucent canvas. Avaru's body jerked slightly; he has always been somewhat twitchy. His brown eyes once again fell upon the mare as he heard a hint of enthusiasm as she spoke quite jovially. "It's a pleasure to meet you Rainbow Chaser. My name is Avaru." The stallion lowered his head; returning the courteous bow the mare exchanged first.

--------------------

Chaser gave another smile towards the stallion he was a bit twitchy which made her giggle slightly"Well I have yet to return to my tepee...I like the out dorrs..and getting away from my Indian" she clamped her mouth shut she had not shown manners just then and it was slightly rude.She told herself to stop giggling as it soon died down chaser shuffled her pink hooves as she watched him"Avaru huh?What a very interesting name Avaru!"She gave another smile as she watched him she loved his brown eyes.She hadn't met any other soquili with that color eyes which made her smile braodly.She shok her mane again as she laughed"Sorry if I keep staring into space I just love your brown eyes...I have never met a soquili with natural eye color!"She gave a smile as she watched him"So I am sorry if I am bothering you" she shuffled shyly as she flicked some snow with her tail. The snow flicked back at her landing on her back which she slowly shook off making sure nothing touched Avaru.he did seem skitish as she 'examiend' him.Her crystal blue eyes fell over the blankets of snow which made her smile more. She loved the snow and the sky itself. Her eyes somewhat match it but only when the summer time around.Chaser scanned the sky as she smiled more.She soon turned her attention back to Avaru as she blushed a bit more"Sorry again I spaced"

--------------------

As the mare giggled Avaru's face flushed a faint rosy color; yet hardly noticeable due to his dark brown coat. Frowning slightly he queried, "Is there something wrong with you Indian?" Avaru had always gotten along quite well with his two owners when he was staying amidst them and the other soquili residing in the teepee. The stallion quirked an eyebrow sardonically at the mare as she commented on his name. "I suppose it's interesting..." He stated; shrugging his shoulders dully. "Rainbow Chaser seems like a unique name." Avaru added swiftly. He blinked at her; still raising an eyebrow. "It's quite alright... I sometimes stare into space as well; as I am sure many do. And my eyes are rather plain." He stated rather matter-of-factly. For no one had ever complimented his eyes before; at least not that he could remember that is. "Your eye color is rather dazzling; and no, you are most certainly not bothering me." The corners of his lips twitched into a faint smile and his brown eyes stared at her sky blue orbs for a few moments. Avaru chuckled lightly, "It's quite alright; as I said, I am sure many others space out as well frequently. The stallion snorted lightly and flicked his long tail; swooshing against the snow resting on the ground.

--------------------

Chaser looked at him as she seemed to mae him frown as she watched him as she answered his first question"Oh yes I get along great with both of mine as well but sometimes I need a break from them both...one of mine has many others like myself so sometime I need my own time"She gave a faint smile as she watched the sky.She noticed he was starring into her eyes which she gave another slight smile. Her name wasn't that interesting as most others"Thanks...though I have met other with such more unqiu names then mine..."she turned her eyes away from his a bit shyly his compliments were starting to make her blush as she shuffled her pink hooves as she looked at them as she turned to him again"but you know that's what make your eyes so interesting they arn't so different like pink or purple..."she blushed lightly when he complited her yet again.She wasn't used to so many compliments in just one conversation.She smiled as he told her he did to space and did not annoy him she shuffled her pink hooves agan as the snow from her tail stuck slightly as she swished her tail a few more pieces of snow flew against a tree as she watched it as she felt a bit uncomfortable again..she was planning on a walk before she met up with this stallion she smiled at him as she spoke quietly"Before I noticed you I was going to take a walk...well I was wondering if you would like to join me in that very walk?"

--------------------

"Ah..." Avaru began, feeling a bit comforted by her response since she had decent relations with her Indians. The stallion nodded his head before continuing. "I know how that feels; wanting to be alone sometimes. I share my teepee with three Indians, seven other soquili and three familiars... so at times it does get a bit crowded... and not everyone gets along." Specifically Demon. Avaru mentally affirmed. "Yes... well I supposed every soquili's name is unique in some way. Otherwise why would the owner have named it such; lacking a particular liking or emotion that was bonded with the name?" The stallion blinked. Isn't that what makes my eyes dull though? They are so natural and common of a color... "I'm afraid I still carry the notion that my eyes are rather plain." Avaru resisted the nagging urge to shrug his shoulders as he spoke. He stared at her curiously; her features were someone twisted, deep in concentration it seemed. "Oh!" Avaru felt started as she questioned him. "I... I would enjoy accompanying you for a walk. Were you going to walk along a particular path or...?" A small smile flashed across his face as he agreed to walk with the mare.

--------------------

Chaser smiled at him with a slight giggle he asked a lot of questions she slowly took off"Well there is a nice place in the middle of the forrest...I always go there it has a huge lake and all these gorgeous birds gather there!"Chaser was already excited about going there though she had hardly moved. She swished her tail as she felt snow run across it.Chaser also noticed earlier how long Avaru's tail was it was quite interesting and yet again stunning...though she decided she might have given him enough compliments...or maybe she could tell him...she shook her head as she decided that she had given him enough if he gave her another she would give him another simple as well...simple! her eyes were soft as she turned back to him as she waited her redish purplish mane began to blow with the slight wind she looked back forwards her crystal blue eyes were amazed by the snow infront of her how could one little cloud creat such a beautiful masterpiece? She flicked her tail again as she waited for him not wanting to say anything as she looked back with a warm hearted smile she always gave smiles she didnt know why though...maybe it was her 'trade mark' like her Indian said she gave a quick giggle but she stayed in her postion

--------------------

Avaru nodded. "That sounds like a wonderful area to venture to." He smiled politely; staring at the mare. Her face seemed to show she was puzzling about something; and Avaru couldn't help but feel curious as to what the mare may be pondering. The stallion tilted his head a tad while he watched her before quickly averting his eyes; hoping Chaser didn't see him staring. Avaru took a few steps forward; then looking back he noticed Chaser hadn't moved. The stallion furrowed his brow and snorted; trotting around the mare he nipped lightly at her hid quarter. A faint smirk passed over his face as he continued trotting the full circle around the mare; a light chuckle on his lips. "Shall we start walking?" He asked while grinning. Chaser hadn't said much and Avaru was starting to feel a sensation of anxiousness; waiting for the mare to speak. Perhaps what he did had been inappropriate or something and he had shocked the mare? Should he apologize? Avaru didn't know what to do; he stood in front of the mare, a now worried look upon his face.

--------------------

Chaser laughed a bit as she nodded"Alright then anwerd for an adventure"She gave another laugh as she turned as she started.Her mane fell over her face as she flicked it away her eyes followed the sky. She coughed slightly as the cold took over her body but she ignored it. Chaser titled her head as a bird flew from one tree to the next. She let a smile break as she walked she loved birds...they were always so gorgeous and everything it always made her smile she had no idea why...must have been since a bird was one of her very first sights. As the walked her mane swayed oh no she dazed! A very bad habit she had as she shook her head then turned to Avaru"Oops I dazed!So have you ever played tag before?"She cocked her head not most horses knew of tag and she had to explain which she did not mind at all her eyes feel over the bird again she waited her eyes fell on the snow next then her hooves the back to Avaru she had wandering eyes she coud not help that

--------------------

The stallion nodded once more and trotted lightly to catch up to where Chaser had already begun walking. Neither of them spoke as they set off towards the lake located in the center of the forest; which Chaser had offered as their destination. Avaru watched her from the corner of his eye; she was staring up at the sky clearing focusing on a particular object. His brown eyes traveled to where her gaze was transfixed and he noticed a bird flying through the sky. The stallion frowned slightly; wondering why Chaser chose to focuse her attention on the bird. She spoke suddened, "Ah..." He replied; yet upon hearing the rest of her words. "Tag?" He asked curiously before making a few quick paces to catch up with her once again. "I have heard of the game but never played it before..." Racing was the once 'game' he'd really played before and he recalled the mare named Tehya; whom had challenged him to a race. Avaru was curious to ask Chaser why she asked him if he'd ever played tag but decided not to; she would most likely continue and answer his question as she was talking or something along those lines he figured.

--------------------

Chaser turned her attention back to him with a small gap of her motuh she laughed a bit"No one knows anymore do they....tag it's a game like 'racing' but you have to tap the other horse then run away....oh nd you have to yell tag! Thats how it got it's name" She gave a smile as she slowed her pace to match his she shook her mane a small bit of snow fell from it. She shivered it was getting to cold for her likings but she shrugged it off and smiled as she looked at him once again"I loved to play that game with my sibilings, but Dar's the only one that will play with me now" She gave a sweet smile as she shook her mane as she watched her step her and Dar weren't actually family they were just as close so he was like her brother...just he was easier to get along with then some of the others she had met, her crystal blue orbs watched him some more...she was ranting on about hrself how rude! She smiled again as they walked" So I think you have probley had enough of me talking about myself...so what did you do when you were younger Avaru?"

--------------------

Avaru snorted lightly. "I guess not..." Racing isn't had though... The stallion thought to himself. If the game was similar to racing it was probably fun. "It doesn't sound hard to play." the stallion mumbled. Avaru listen as Chaser spoke of her siblings; he frowned slightly. "Why is.. Dar? the only one who plays tag with you now?" If the game was fun shouldn't others want to play it? It seemed logical... "If you want I wouldn't mind playing tag with you..." It couldn't hurt to offer could it? Besides; Avaru had never played tag before and he supposed it would be good for him to try new things now and then. "Not really..." Avaru mumbled in response. "Oh... when I was younger I lived in a rainforest area actually... It was always incredibly humid; but rather nice. It rained often but the rain was always warm so it was fun to canter in. There was never any snow though... I don't particularly care for being in the snow but it is rather pretty to look at... though so were the exotic birds and things living in the rainforest I guess..." The rainforest had been a nice place to live... But Avaru had decided to try a new thing and travel north; to here... Which wasn't too bad in his opinion during the spring and summer.

--------------------

Chaser smiled as she shruged at his question"I-I don't know why....maybe it's just a foals game..."She shruged again as she flicked her ear with a slight sigh in her steps she smiled when he offered to play"Alright you want to play?"She smiled but tagging him wasnt going to happin quite yet she had to tell him what she thought of his home land before she did anything like that. She smiled as her blue eyes watched the forests movements the forest was a magical place well...to her at least...she had a different out-look on the world then other soquilis did. She smiled at the thought of warmth"Sounds very excting! Ran is so much fun expecialy after" She smiled thinking of the rainbow and how everydrop sparkled off each leaf to her it was breath taking to some it was dull...Chaser let a small faint smile break loose as she shook her mane"Yes snow is quite stunning, but I am getting a bit sick of it it's just to cold for my likings"she shruged anewly formed habit of hers as she watched the sky she let a smile loose as she poked him"Tag you're it!" She turned a bit and took off a bit waiting for his reaction

--------------------

Avaru blinked in uncertainty. "A foal's game?" The stallion was confused; Aren't games meant for everyone... He pondered for a moment; trying to think of why there should be age requirements or such to play games. Avaru shook his head again; thinking too hard wasn't good for ones self. "I suppose." He smiled; if it made her happy then he would play tag of course. Avaru enjoyed it when he could make others happy. The stallion laughed. "I suppose it could be thought of as exciting. Yet after living there for so long I just wanted a change... Do you know what I mean?" He asked seriously. "Perhaps I will go back to the rainforest one day... I'm fairly content here now though. In a few months the snow will melt and things will begin to get warm again." He smiled at the thought of the leaves on the trees, birds chirping, the sun shining and all the flowers blossoming in the meadows. Again the stallion laughed. "Yes; that's how it is for me too. All this cold weather may affect my mood I'm afraid." He gave her a slight wink. Avaru froze as she poked him and exclaimed 'tag'! The mare had caught him by surprise. "What?..." Oh! It registered in his head and he began to chase after her.

--------------------

Chaser let a small giggle rise from her throat as she ran threw the forest. She loved running she felt free, free from her truobles, her fears, the people she couldn't get along with. Her mane blew as she ran her flowers stayed in place. Another giggle came from her playing this game always made her laugh. Her blue eyes looked back to him with a smile she yelled a bit"Come and catch me!"She let a smile break even more as it grew bigger she kicked up some snow as she ran a bit faster. Her hooves hit the ground almost making a beat for music. She ran fatser her muscels tightening as she ran. She remebered this with her reall siblings playing tag with there mother and father it made her heart light as she ran. She swurved through a couple of trees to make sure it was hard to catch up she looked back with a sweet smile almost saying 'This is fun'

--------------------

Avaru's moment of unawareness had given Chaser a decent headstart as she had set off away from him; that after all was the point of the game. The stallion reared slightly on his hind legs and cantered after the mare; whom had decided to be difficult and swerve in between the trees of the forest. A slight smirk tugged at the corner of Avaru's mouth as he shook his head a tad. You aren't going to get away that easily... Avaru was catching up to Chaser however the snow she had kicked up; aided by a gust of chilly wind; flew back into Avaru's face causing him to shake his head violently with his eyes closed. He opened them again a few moment later and was barely able to side step around a tree. The stallion was shocked for a moment yet pushed on; moving his pace into a fast gallop. He drew closer and closer to the mare before nipping at her hind quarter. "Tag!" He exclaimed and set off at an angle; heading towards their destination however avoiding being too close to the mare and making it easy for her to catch him right away as she had done with him.

--------------------

Chaser laughed as she turned sharply after him she wasn't going to loose this game! She let her sly smile run across her face as she ran. Her legs made yet anohter beat but faster she was picking up speed. Her competitive side kicked in but she held it back she didn't want to ge to competitive in this game it was just for fun. Another chuckle arose from her throat as she chased him she gave a slight smile"They don't call me Chaser for nothing!" She picked up her pace until she was behind him just a bit her sly smile came back as she pushed herself with every step she poked his rear end as she skidded to a stop and turned smiling"Tag your it Avaru!" She started to run but she made another hault before continuing"Hey thanks for playing with me! I am really enjoying it!" She then burst with speed into the open space..no more trees, no more camofloge!

--------------------

Avaru heard Chaser's laughs ringing in his ears and he felt a lopsided grin spread over his face. The stallion got caught up in the sound of the wind rushing past his ears and his medium length mane whipped wildly about. Soon he was laughing heartily along with the mare as they galloped through the forest; her chasing after him. "I suppose that's true!" Avaru called back to her; a mix between a grin and a smirk on his face as he swerved in and out of a few trees. The stallion felt Chaser nudge his hind quarter and he halted along with her; taking a few moments to catch his breath while he grinned at her. "It's my pleasure." He assured her with a quick nod of his head; Avaru was enjoying playing tag with the mare as well. The stallion snorted lightly when the mare took off again. He felt rather winded and he stood somewhat shakily upon his legs. Avaru disregarded it however and continued chasing the mare; however at a slower pace than she was going. He wasn't in any hurry to catch her and he turned his eyes to focus on the open area. "Is this the place you were talking about?" He called to her; wondering if they had reached the destination.

--------------------

Chaser came to a hault nearly falling from her shaky legs she nodded with a smile as she noticed the lake she had once love was frozen she gapped her moght in shock as she walked over there very unsteadily as she laid down and poked it"It's frozen!" She poked it as she hit it a little to hard she cringed her nose with a small laugh as she shook her head"It's prettier when it's not forzen" She flipped her mane as she looked back at Avaru with a braod smile"Well I guess the walk was a wae cause all we are going to see is ice!" she gave a small huff as she took a step on the ice...no cracking she looked at Avaru with a sly smirk"Maybe it wasnt a waste!" She took another step on she repeted that until her whole body was on the ice she jumped a bit no craking...the ice was thick she smiled as she pushed off with one of her hooves she giggled, "Weee!"

--------------------

Avaru trotted over to the mare and decreased his pace to a walk; moving with the mare as she ambled towards the icy lake. "It is.." He mumbled softly while she prodded at the ice. "I kind of like it frozen... It looks serene." Avaru smiled at the mare. "Besides..." His brown eyes fell upon the ice before him. "The water would be too cold to go in during this time of year if it wasn't frozen." Avaru took a step back as the mare placed a hoof on the ice. "Be careful..." The stallion warned; if the ice cracked and if she fell in that would most certainly not be good. Brown eyes watched warily as the mare moved further onto the ice. "Is it safe?" His question was unnecessary seeing how she was already sliding merrily across the frozen lake. Avaru frowned and looked down again at the ice; unsure about the security of it. He tentatively placed a black hoof on the ice and pushed down with his weight. It was stable... careful not to slip he stepped onto the ice. Avaru took a shaky step; afraid he was going to slip he refused to move any further. "Chaser..." He called out to her; a slight whining tone to his voice.

--------------------

Chaser whipped her head around as she pushed off to go to him as she stood next to him she smiled"Yes Avaru? Is something the matter?" She watched him as she stayed close not a good thing if he fell he could get ingurged by the thick ice! Her blue eyes kept on him as she watched his legs slowly slip she pushed one to keep it in place so he wouldn't fall she was afraid she would hurt him she looked worried now, "Do you want to get off? Maybe we could lay down and relaxe for a bit." She gave a concerned smile right now it was up to him she didn't mind either she smiled as she pushed on him a bit to keep him steady she let him lean on her with ease she wasn't scary but the ice sort of was. She flicked her ear to keep her flowers in place she smiled as she flicked her tail. Her hoof shuffled a bit as she bit her lip putting back to a nice spot keeping her up, with a smile she watched him again her crystal blue eyes watched him, Please don't fall! I don't want to hurt my friend!

--------------------

Avaru frowned. "It doesn't seem very safe... You could slip and get hurt..." And by you I mean we. The stallion was upset he might slip and fall but he didn't want Chaser to get hurt either. He leg slipped some but he left Chaser pushing it back under his body; a sigh of relief escaped him. "Yes please." The stallion murmured softly. Avaru didn't want Chaser to think any less of him but he didn't want to exchange the option of getting hurt in attempt for a mare to think greater of him or anything like that. "Lets step off the ice shall we?" His voice was quick and he took small steps as he turned his body around before stepping careful back onto the snowy bank. He released the breath he had been holding and looked back at Chaser; waiting for her to step off the ice. She had seemed fairly sturdy while sliding across the ice and he had faith she wouldn't fall; he still kept a brown eye firmly on her though to make sure she was alright.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:51 pm

.Indifferent Through Snow :: Moir and Micah.
.Date :: Jan. 7, 2007.
.Pages in '[PRP] Indifferent Through Snow.' :: 1.

Moir's black eyes wondered over the white land of the winter as should stood upon the edge of a rocky ledge of the mountain. I suppose the snow does make it all seem rather beautiful... Especially opposed to all the green and other colors raging about in the other seasons. The mare preferred things to be black and white; having a certain disregard for most other colors. She gave a slight shake of her head; sending her short mane askew. Sighing; Moir rustled her black tipped wings and veered away from the edge of the cliff. Her hooves clicked lightly against the stone as she ambled down the steep slope of the mountain; not entirely sure where her feet were carrying her.

--------------------

The buckskin stallion tromped through the snow, enjoying the lightness of foot. His heavy feet, however were not light and kept him grounded, so he could not lift off the earth and float away.

Keeping his golden leopard orbs trained on the horizon, his body shook with the want to run. He wasnt going to, he didnt really think it nessacary to run right here, so he wasnt going to, easy as that.
But still, his body went past his mind, and was going on with out him.

Craning his neck, he looked towards the direction of the sun that was rising ever so slowly.

Why couldnt it rise better?
Why couldnt it help him out and make the clearing warm, and make the snow melt, just a little?

--------------------

The mare's movements paused; looking down upon the valley her black eyes caught sight of a brownish soquili treading through the deep snow. Moir felt enticed and her eyes were locked upon the figure; wondering whom they were. By the size and build of the soquili Moir suspected that it was a stallion. Shaking her head Moir's eyes fell upon the stone beneath her feet. For a moment she had considered flying down towards the soquili; with the ideal of meeting them. However she reminded herself of her firm indifference toward everyone; the only exception so far of course being the alicorn named Thera. Although; Moir was still panged by curiosity. Thera was the only other soquili Moir had ever met... Moir snorted at her own thoughts and continued making her way down the path; no emotion washing over her well reserved features.

--------------------

He tramped along, keeping golden eyes to the lovely whiteness. His head lifted, his body stark and still. His ears were erect and they twitched slightly.

He heard something, and he knew better than to ignore the warning, and it was best to heed it to the fullest.

His face washed over with serious as he scanned his eyes to the bleakness that had become of the land because of the winter.

What was out htere?

-Polar-

-Polar-

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:24 am
.::RP Log - Main Thread::.
.Sibling Love :: Orion, Mocha, and Nora.
.Date :: Jan. 8, 2007.
.Pages :: 20634 - 20644.
.Type :: Informal.

Mocha: ORION! -tackles her brother- heart

--------------------

Orion: 8DDD -tackles back- Why sister dearest, I'm glad I'm so loved. 8D.

--------------------

Mocha: -tackled back- ^^ Of course! -nuzzles him- We've been away from each other for so long, I almost didn't recognize you! o: Is Foxtrot around?

--------------------

Orion: D: I'm afraid not. -dramatic gesture- Oh where has our dearest brother gone~ Alas! Perhaps he has forgotten about us both? -crocodile tears- ;___; ... -trying not to laugh-

--------------------

Mocha: -shocked- Orion! How could you! -fakes tears- That's terrible! Why would Foxtrot forget about us?

--------------------

Orion: Yes, I am so ashamed to think our dearest brother could have forsaken us~ I must be punished~ -dramatic sobbing- It has just been so long since I have seen him. ;.; He can't even drop by to give his siblings a quick chat? -gives a look of mock hurt- Or... -grins- Maybe he got himself a girl and he's too busy to drop by? wink

--------------------

Mocha: What!? -surprised- You could be right! eek What if he's too busy with his mate to visit us! And... and... what if we already have nieces and nephews!? -dramatic mock faint- Oh dearie me!

--------------------

Orion: Nieces and nephews already? -whistles- Damn he moves fast. xDD;; Grandaddy would be pleased though. Probably delighted to have a few more runts running around.

--------------------

Mocha: Oooh, you're such a sly one, Orion. ^_^;

--------------------

Orion: wink You know it. -turns is head to skim the surrounding area, hoping that the stallion in question wasn't nearby- But I'm just glad Foxtrot really isn't nearby to hear me talk. He might maim me or something. Or worse. -shivers- Like put lilacs in my hair or something. -gags-

--------------------

Mocha: >3 I could do that if you'd like, my dear brother. heart

--------------------

Orion: Are you insane woman? @.@ Like I'd ever let someone put... lilacs -shivers- into my main. D: The horrors. >< -makes a mental note to hide any flowers from Mocha-

--------------------

Mocha: -laughs- Okay, okay! I promise I won't--but that won't stop Foxtrot, so if he's ever around... I might hint it to him. >3

--------------------

Nora :: -raises her eyebrows at Mocha and Orion-

--------------------

Mocha: -spies their mother- Oh! Uh, hi Mom! Ahahahahah...! XD;;;

--------------------

Orion: Mom~ -rounds about to playfully hit her with the blunt of his head- How are you doing? You didn't have to come all this way to see me you know though. -grins- I'm a grown stallion afterall. wink -teasing-

--------------------

Mocha: -coughs- A grown stallion with a colt-like personality. -coughs-

--------------------

Orion: -gasps- I resent your accusation, sister dearest. You wound me so. D: See Mother, This is what Mocha puts me through. -fake sob- So cruel to her own kin. ;.;

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:01 am
.Star-Gazing :: Orion and Sukari.
.Pages in '[PRP] Star-Gazing.' :: 1.
.Status. :: On-Going.

Deep cerulean orbs scanned the starry night sky with nothing but a hint of melancholy despair; for once the icy depths were soft and vulnerable instead of hard and cold. A blink, though, and it was gone in an instant, replaced by the hard, cynical shell that she shed for no one. A heavy sigh befell her lips as she shook her head to clear her thoughts, long ebony and ivory-tipped forelocks catching with the wind and tangling around each other. Sukari was bored- that seemed to be happening a lot lately, in fact. Her 'brothers' had friends that they passed the time with... she had 'casual acquaintances', but they were more simply other soquili that she put up with than companions.

A soft snort, an idle scuffing at the dirt with her hooves, and she'd turned to leave the forest clearing, nothing but the dim moonlight illuminating her path as she walked. It would always be like this, wouldn't it? Finding her own way, never to depend on anyone else. She liked it that way... or so she claimed.

--------------------

"WOAH. MAKE WAY, COMING THROUGH." Orion skidded towards the mare at a dangerous speed, his braids flying carelessly in the wind as he attempted to stop. He swerved to the left to avoid slamming himself into the mare, his hooves digging themselves into the ground to stop. 'Crap~' he thought as he steadily slowed, missing the mare but coming closer to a nearby tree. With a loud crash, he ran headfirst into the innocent bystander (tree), landing a heap of limbs and hair at the base. "Owe."

--------------------

Blinking in silent confusion and a bit of amusement, the grey mare watched the wind stallion skid past her as she calmly sidestepped him, snickering a bit as he hit the tree. Now, a nice mare might have approached him and asked if he was all right, but Kari was, by no means, a nice mare. Still, she wasn't heartless, so she did approach him to examine the damage he had done- to himself and the tree. Upon seeing no blood, she concluded that he was fine, although he probably would have a nasty headache. "Do I even want to know what you were doing?"

--------------------

Orion blinked a few times, and calculated the possibilities of permanent brain damange. 'Whatever,' he thought dismissively. 'Foxtrot would probably say something like I can't get any stupidier. The meanie head.'

He looked up in the direction of the voice, taking a moment to realize that the mare was saying. 'Wow, that crash must have really knocked me out of it.' He started to stand up to answer, only to get his legs crossed and realize his wing probably isn't suppose to bend that way. He gave them a shake, pleased to note that while they were bent at a incredibly unatural angle, they were still attached and moving. 'That's a good sign.'

He tilted his head up to take sight of the mare he almost hit. He gave a sheepish grin, "Uhh, maybe?" He laughed a bit to himself. "I need to work on the breaks a bit more. Who knew landings could be such a killer?"

--------------------

Sukari blinked. And blinked again. After the third blink, a mysterious twitch started to pull at the corners of her mouth, and a moment later she burst into laughter. Not snickers, this time, but pure, unbridled laughter. It was strange, having laughed and smiled so little in her life, and being this amused by a total stranger.

After her laughter had died down to the occasional chuckle, she lowered her head to examine his oddly-bent wing, one eyebrow raised as she nosed at the feathered appendage. It looked like it hurt. Normally, she wouldn't care in the least, claiming it his own fault for being so careless, but he had, whether he knew it or not or meant to or not, brought her joy for the first time in a very long time. "It looks broken. Does it hurt?"

--------------------

Orion tiltled his head at the sound of the mare's laughter and blinked. 'What did I do?' he thought in bewilderment, his clueless expression emphasized by his ungraceful position on the ground.

His wing flickered at her touch and he bent his head back to give it a look. He gave it another deliberate shake, a futile attempt to right itself. "Hm, not really." He gave it another twitch, more forceful then the last for emphasis. "But~" he said, unfazed by his highly demented looking wing now, "That probably isn't good either considering the thing looks like it got run over by a herd of buffalo." Mentally he pictured it in head, 'I wonder how that would work.' He imagined himself lying on his side, his wing spread out while a stampeding herd of buffalo ran over just one wing. "Well that's a weird mental image."

-Polar-

-Polar-

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:21 am
.The Fireball, the Arse and the Cold :: Demon and Amoena.
.Pages in '[PRP] The Fireball, the Arse and the Cold.' :: 1 & 2.
.Status. :: Complete.

Life had been boring since Amoena had beaten Shadow. She knew who she was mad at now and had one so searching didn't matter anymore. All she had to do was make sure he didn't get close to her mother. That meant all she could really do was stalk her mother around and hope for a visit from her uncle. Not exactly what she could call thrilling. Luckily for her she'd lost track of her mother and had to find her.

"Is that really luck though...whatever. The hunt's on!" She cried before bolting into the icy cold. Luck or not this gave her the perfect excuse to get out and really stretch. If she found her mother while out that would be okay but she really had no intention of finding her. At least not yet.

--------------------

Demon poised himself over the small and shallow stream, the slow running-water hvaing long frozen over and created a smooth glimmering later of ice. He gave his mane a customary toss in an attempt to arange his bangs into a even greater state of perfection. He sighed at another failure, one rather annoying clump of hair refusing to co-operate. Sometimes he wishes his little two-legged slave was around, at least she should properly around his mane as she had hands. Hooves were a pain sometimes.

--------------------

As she ran a sudden movement from the corner of her eye caught her attention. She slowed and turned her head just enough to be able to tell what was going on. A black and white stallion was messing with his mane. She laughed rather coldly at his apparent frustration as she slowed down. Looks were foolish things, that was why she wore her hair in braids, less to fuss about. "You look really stupid you know?" She called still laughing.

This was exactly what she had been looking for. Someone to take her frustration out on. Perhaps if she got him mad enough she could get a bit of fight practice out of him.

--------------------

Demon turned his head his head in the direction of the voice and gave a 'hmph'. He rolled her words quickly through his mind as a pensive look crossed his face for a moment before his lips turned upward in a smirk. "I suppose I do." He took a finaly glace at the river before turning fully away. "Afterall, I will look perfect no matter what so it really is a waste of time to worry about such meaningless things."

--------------------

"Ha!" She barked taking a few steps closer to get a better look. "You're average looking...at best." Her eyes narrowed giving such a color of innocence a truly evil look. "But you know...it's okay. Not everyone can have natural beauty..." She let out another cold chuckle continuing her approach. She looked him up and down a few times, sizing him up. He looked pretty strong and fast as well but there were ways to defeat one even in situations like this. Of course one had to find them and if anyone could it would be her.

--------------------

"Average? How sacrilegious to speak of me of such. Shows how little taste you have. But no worries," he gave her what we would describe as a generous llook. "You will learn over time." He finished his sentence with a glorious flourish of his head, allowing the sun to hit him just perfectly. He preened under her gaze, reveling under the attention as he even gave his tail of flicker in glee. 'I'm gorgeous, I know,' he thought.

--------------------

Amoena snorted at his display, not just to piss him off but also because it was so utterly ridiculous. "Gods I hope not!" She said with a wide smirk playing across her face. "If I ever start looking at anyone like they're beautiful then I plan to dive off a cliff! I like being my own person and a guy will just get in the way!" She nodded sharply to show she meant it. "And if I ever went for a guy like you...I'd question my eyesight!" She grinned. This was way to easy. All she'd need to do would be to insult his looks.

--------------------

"Such a simpleton," he said effortlessly. "Don't worry. Even the more hopeless cases will be able to see true beauty will practice. And perhaps you should start the questioning now, since it is obvious that you are currently having difficulties seeing my true magnificence." He smiled to himself, pleased with his display. 'My generosity surprises me sometimes.'

--------------------

Amoena's eyes twitched as her ears pinned back. Her plan seemed to be back firing. Instead of angering him she was being consumed in her own plan. "Look you cad, did you ever think that no one likes you?" She asked slowly shifting into a strong stance. She felt about ready to go beat some sense into him. There was nothing that bothered her more then a male that thought he was all that and an apple!

--------------------

"Of course I have, but why could I care about them? They obviously don't have enough sense in them if they could pass up something as beautiful as I," he said flippently, "But of course, not everyone is hopefless. there is always time to properly eduacted the poor masses who are unable to see the truth and wonderment of perfection." Demon was practically glowing as he spoke, ignoring the mare's shifting as he spoke.

--------------------

Her eye twitched one again before she jumped at him. "That's it!!!" She stood before him meeting his eyes with her own ice cold ones. "Have you ever listened to your self talk?! It's absolutely infuriating!!! You've got a bigger ego then a mountain!!!!" She was prepared to attack at any second. She wouldn't go so far as she had with Shadow but he'd definitely be sporting a few cuts if he kept it up.

--------------------

Demon blinked a few times in surprise at the other's outburst, before his mouth turn into a self-assured smile. He let the female rant, listening to her yelling at his oversized ego. "Your point being?" he asked, almost relishin in the moment to anger her further, a point he normally would not do--Damascus being the exception. "Shouldn't I be proud of my wonderment? Why should those blessed with beauty hide from the world? Aren't I doing the world a favor by letting them gaze in awe at myself?"

--------------------

"No you're not." She growled. She didn't understand this obsession with beauty everyone had. The only thing she deemed beautiful was the snowfall and even that was utterly annoying. "All your doing is making everyone fool themselves into thinking there is beauty in this world! You should stop!!!" She huffed stomping her hoof for emphasis. She was waiting to get just a bit madder then she could attack and feel no regret. It seemed all her emotions were lost when she was completely angered.

--------------------

"People don't need me to 'think there is beauty in this world'," he said. "Do you honestly think that beauty doesn't matter? You look at someone and you already judge by appearence. Don't deny that you don't. Whether you realize it or not, everyone does it. It's inevitable. I," Demon continued, almost lost in his rant, "Only embrace that fact." He gave the mare a bland look, clearly not understanding her resentment toward the idea of beauty.

--------------------

"Of course I judge by appearance but only to find who's strong!" She snapped stomping into the frozen ground. "There's no point in using appearance to tell who is attractive and who is not. Beauty doesn't matter in the least. It only leads to love and love is a pointless thing for fools." She nodded her head with a snort praying that the stallion would get it through his thick skull.

--------------------

"Strength is another form of beauty though, isn't it? Eye of the beholder, no?" he countered coolly. "Isn't it our nature to seek out those who are attractice and to procreate? Beauty is our way to seek out someone suitable to mate with, to bear offspring with." Demon almost laughed. "But I must agree with you on one point. Love is just a silly ideal for others to justify their attraction." He stared at her absently, watching her through his ice blue eyes as he continued, "And I love myself and no one else."

--------------------

"Procreate?" She asked scoffing. She wanted to say something witty but what he was saying was actually making sense. Beauty only being to find a mate and get a child, it made plenty of sense. It was true. Though loving ones self was utterly ridiculous. "That still makes no sense..." She said after a short pause. "I mean, why love yourself? There's nothing good in that."

--------------------

Demon gave a smug smile. "You seem to find the idea of bearing offspring inane? You don't wish to someday your 'one and only'?," he said, the last words coming out of his mouth with a sneer. "And there good in loving others?" he questioned. "If you don't love yourself, then no one else will," he finished coldly, his groomed mane framing his ice blue eyes as he stared at the mare.

--------------------

His words stung her a bit. How could she not be loved? Safi loved her, her mother loved her and she was pretty sure her father and brother loved her as well. "You have no idea what you're talking about." She spat stomping into the ground. The sting of his words now simply fueling her anger. "You don't have to love yourself or other people! I don't love anyone and I'll never need to." Her eyes narrowed. She couldn't under stand him. He said some things that made sense then followed them with ideas completely repulsive. Yes she found having a 'one and only' insane but foals were necessary. If she ever had a child it would only be for the good of the species and only if they were at risk. Anything other then possible destruction and she would never mate, ever.

--------------------

"Maybe I don't know what I am talking about," he retorted bitingly, "But then would that be entirely my fault?" He took a few steps to the side as he continued. "We are creatures of experience. We learn what we have felt because what we have done have have other done onto me me." He lips turned up into a droll before he continued sarcastically, "Perhaps I'm just a lonely little stallion who is crying inside." Demon tried to make himself look completely genuinely depressed before he started laughing.

Demons snickered at the idea, trying to hold back his laughter as he pictured himself in the throes of depression. His snicker turned into a chucckle before he started laughing outright, his sides aching as his body shaked in laughter. He had tried, he really did, but not even he could hold up the 'deep-and-insightful-lonely-stallion-who-never-had-parents' act. 'Me? Depressed? Oh my, I've really outdone myself on that one.'

--------------------

A slight red tint formed shining through her light coat as glared at him lowering eyebrows. He was mocking her! She was being serious and he was just laughing at the idea! "What's wrong with you?! Yeah we learn from experience and right now mine's saying to get away from you and all stallions like you." Bowing her head she charged forward fully intending to headbutt him in the gut.

--------------------

Demon laughed condescendingly as he smirked. "Experiences shape us yes, but it seems not everyone has the mental capacity to properly interpret such knowledge." He looked smug, his eyes mocking the mare haughtily.

Demon panicked for a second as he saw the mare charge toward him. 'Oh my. Perhaps I didn't go a little too far. Then again,' he thought, 'it is not my fault that she must take is so seriously.' His natural instincts delayed him for a moment as he attempted to move out of the way, hurriedly stepping to the side in a meek attempt to avoid harming himself (and his beautiful mane).

--------------------

Amoena slowed to a trot as she missed him by only an inch or two. She snorted and came about bowing as if meaning to attack again. She looked at him keeping her head in place. He was infuriating, yes, but did she want to beat him bloody like Shadow? No. There was no need for such extremities. While annoying she had no real grudge with him. Perhaps if they met another time she'd beat him but now it was a waste. With this decision reached she turned her back on him and trotted off. "You're not worth it." She said giving her tail a haughty flick.

--------------------

Demon gave a hauty flick of his mane to the retreating mare. He gave a smirk as he started turning around himself. "Of course not," he said with a taunting self-assured drawl. "After all, it'd be a crime to hurt something so beautiful, no?"

Demon always did have to have the last word.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:49 am
.One Big Family Gethering :: Orion, Orchu, Nora, Rami, Hania, Aruna and Mocha.
.Pages in '[PRP] One Big Family Gethering.' :: 1.

"Hurry, Aruna!" said the hyperactive, excited voice of a golden colored stallion as he zipped across the fields. "I haven't seen my baby brother in such a long time, and ever since you returned home I've been dying to visit some family!" Hania cantered across the area as he slowed down slightly to look back to his daughter who shook her head at him, but there was a smile in her sharp golden eyes as she trotted after him, followed by his grand-niece, Mocha. Mocha was flying, of course, and was laughing overhead.

Aruna rolled her eyes at her father as she took her own pace, seeing Mocha's shadow above her as her niece flew around cheerfully. She shook her head, knowing that Mocha was just excited to see her mother, brother, grandfather, etc. as they traveled to go and greet them in the other home. Her father was especially excited considering he cared deeply for Orchu, whom was his most cherished younger (and only) brother. She wasn't sure how many family members Hania "adopted", but she knew that it was a lot. Thinking about Mocha led to thoughts of her favorite little cousin Nora, who had beaten her in getting kids, but then again, Aruna didn't really mind.

Mocha laughed at her grand uncle as he sped across the fields with her more calm aunt followed after him, since both of them amused her to no end. Aruna was so different from Hania Mocha wondered how Hania could have raised such serious children; all three (well, she wasn't sure about the youngest, Artemis, but then again, she didn't know that one well) seemed to have developed differently from their parents. Now that she thought about it, she and her brothers, too, had grown up differently from their parents. Excited now to see her mother, she called out to her two adopted family members to hurry up.

--------------------

Orion sauntered around the meeting sight, eagerly awaiting the arrival of the rest of his family. 'Man, it's just been too long since we all got together. The last time was probably when I was stuck in that cramped little basket.' He took a quick glance back to the path he used that led from their teepee. He had been so excited earlier that he had run ahead of his mother and grandfather in his eagerness to see the others. 'Oops,' he thought sheepishly, wondering how far back they still were.

His eyes lighted up as he saw the start of the rest of their little clan coming from the side, cantering up to the group with a noticeable grin. "Yo, sis. Miss me?"

--------------------

"Orion there is no need to hurry..." The stallion shook his head; annoyed that his repirmand had gone unheard upon his grandson's ears. Orchu tilted his head to peer at the bear whom was sitting upon his back. "You think he wouldn't be quite so excited." He shook his head once again. "Besides; the others won't be there yet as it is."

Rami released a light growl before nodding as the soquili spoke to him. The black bear pondered a moment and gave a shake of his head; causing the two feathers attatched to his ear the flap about.

Orchu sighed again. That young stallion is so unlike his mother. He wasn't sure this was a good or bad thing however; Orchu loved his daughter Nora very much and he was incredibly proud of her. The stallion greatly adored his grandchildren; though he had rarely seen them before; except for Orion whom dwelled in the teepee with Nora and himself.

Nora rolled his eyes playfully behind her father as he mumbled to Rami. The pair; Orchu and Rami, had become quite inseperable. The mare snorted lightly; causing her head to shake as well as the beads adornign her braids to rattle pleasantly. Orchu and Nora approached the meeting area; noticing that already the entire party was there. Nora heard Orion greet her daughter Mocha; and she trotted swiftly over. "Mocha." Nora nudged her daughter gently and lovingly before eyeing Orion. "Next time your grandfather is speaking you had best listen son." She grinned a tad whilst scolding him.

Noticing that Nora was busy greeting her daughter Orchu headed over towards Hania and Aruna. "Hania my dear brother it has been far too long!" A large smile was upon the stallion's face; he then nodded to Hania's daughter. "Aruna my neice you are looking wonderful. It's always a pleasure to see you as always."

--------------------

It was all he could do to keep from tackling his younger brother, who had developed into a more serious, dignified adult self as Hania smiled and greeted his beloved brother Orchu. "Far too long indeed!" Hania exclaimed, curly tail flicking due to his surge of happiness. He glanced around, and felt somewhat terrible since he had never met any of Orchu's family except his granddaughter Mocha. "So, my dear brother, introduce me to your other family?" he asked, a sheepish twinkle in his eyes.

Aruna's mouth twitched as she watched her cousin greet Mocha, and then she noticed her uncle. "Uncle Orchu!" she said, a true smile breaking broadly across her face. "Thank you; you're looking well yourself. It's always great to see you whenever we get the chance to visit." She cocked her head and somewhat grinned at Orion. Nora's children were completely sporadic, but totally lovable. They were hard not to love, and besides, it was time she got to know her nephew. Hania wanted grandchildren though, so she hoped to introduce Delano to the entire family one day.

Mocha grinned as she swooped down upon spotting her brother Orion. "Hey, Orion!" she called cheerfully as he trotted up to her. "Of course I missed you! Did you miss me?" And then she spotted her grandfather along with her mother, and she nuzzled Nora back lovingly as she smiled at her grandfather, who looked rather happy to see grand-uncle Hania and aunt Aruna, though she preferred to focus her attention on her brother and mother for the moment. "How are you?" she asked happily, eager to speak of new news for the family to catch up on together.

--------------------

Orion smiled broadly, circling his sister in excitement. "Me, miss you? Never," he said with a laugh. "Joking, joking. How could I not miss my dearest and only sister? Even though we saw each other like... yesterday."

He eyed the other two that accompanied his sister, trying to place a name with a face. He gave a mental cry of distress as his mind came up blank. 'Nuu~,' he whined to himself, feeling horrible that he couldn't even recognize who was most likely family. 'Before today is over, I'll know everything about them,' he thought with ardor, determined to get to know the rest of his family.

His spun around though, as he heard the others great his approaching mother and grandfather. "Took you guys long enough," he said as he took a few steps forward, his face breaking out into a mischievous grin. "Getting slow with old age there, grandaddy?"

--------------------

Orchu grinned at his older brother. "Of course." The stallion motioned his head towards where Nora and her children were greeting one another; graciously signally for Hania and him to make their way towards the three soquili. He glared at his grandson as the snide comment escaped the young stallion. "Perhaps I may be slow; yet I am positive I could most certainly out run you Orion." His grandson had no right to degrade his elder by calling him slow. I may be old yet my legs and wings are as strong as ever. Orchu felt pride within himself; he was very active for his own age. Or at least he felt so; he refused to be one of those soquili who just lay down and lazily sleep the day away or something of that nature.

Rami snickered devilishly when Orchu answered Orion; his laughter passed quickly however and he chose to slide down off of Orchu's back when the stallion came to a stop beside Mocha. The bear ambled around the group for a few moments before chewing on Aruna's long tail in boredom.

"Orion." Nora's voice scorned. The mare smiled sheepishly at Hania. "You of course must be Hania. My father often talks of you." She gave a knowning grin to Aruna. If father talks about Hania quite that often I'd think it'd be safe to assume Hania talks in quite the same manner about Orchu. Nora chuckled inwardly to herself. "I am fine darling." She noded while responding to her daughter. "Aunt Aruna has been keeping an eye on you I trust?" She smiled lightly.

-Polar-

-Polar-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:28 pm
.Nightly Veil :: Damascus and Scherazade.
.Date :: Jan. 13, 2007.
.Pages in '[PRP] Nightly Veil.' :: 1.

Black eyes were fixed on the velvety blue sky; the full moon peered out timidly from beneath a sheath of gray clouds sliding quickly across the sky. Stars adorned the night time sky; shining brightly. A light layer of snow still remained upon the frozen ground; however quick gusts of howling wind sent rolling waves of cascading snow crystals into the chilly air. Another burst of wind surged over the field in which Damascus stood causing his hair to swish about; the little beads in his braided mane rattling softly as the swung into one another. The night was peaceful yet cold; Damascus gave a small snort and white wisps of vapor could be seen in the dark. His white body was illuminated by the glint of the moon; most of his body at least. Merely the outline of his predominantly black head was visible; and the stallion had patches of black fur along his back as well.

--------------------

She trotted along, every step delicate and oddly precise. Scherazade had a bad habit of spending her time in a dream, so it was very good that there was plenty of moonlight for her to see. She loved the night. It both thrilled and terrified her, and she spent her nights wandering, listening to the stories the stars had to share. Stories, stories... no matter what Mozenrath had said, they were her passion. Everything else was secondary. She needed them with an all-consuming desire. When she was telling a story, she could sometimes imagine someone listening, quiet and stern. And she could feel the stories fall from her lips easily at night, almost desperately, like the more she told, the longer the stars would be there, watching.

She noticed the form in the field, first by the wisps of breath. Oh, someone else? Her curiosity was piqued, and she stepped out onto the chill snow, the crystals crunching beneath her hooves. The jangles of her metal bracelets rang out like bells in the night, and she shivered. Even her veil wasn't keeping her warm tonight.

--------------------

Through the howling of the wind a sound floated to Damascus' ears; it was a soft chiming sound of many little bells. The stallion was a tad startled by the noise and flinched awkwardly where he stood. His eyes gazed around the field; freezing upon another figure standing in the moonlight. The white coat of the mare shone brightly in the night; the same effect occuring on Damascus' coat. He took her appearance in; noticing her face and a portion of her {what he assumed to be} black mane covered by a royal blue fabric. Silverish-gray bracelets were located on her front ankles and he realized they were the source of the chiming he had heard. The mare was walking towards him and he politely bowed to her; trying to act as nature as possible.

--------------------

She smiled, dipping her head in response to his bow. "Hello." she greeted him softly, pulling to a halt before him. Her voice was husky, soft and low. The stallion before her was black and white, mottled. Mane and tail were as black as her own, and his decorations were a steel blue-grey. She shifted, bracelets chiming softly in the air. She looked him over carefully, paying close attention to all the details. "You are out late, aren't you?"

--------------------

"Pleasure." His voice escaped his throat as he uttered a greeting to the mare. Damascus noticed the mare's eyes examining him as she stood in front of him; such as he had done upon spotting her. The stallion quirked an eyebrow at the mare. "I suppose." I could ask you the same question thought... He shook his head. "Yet I love gazing at the stars; so I'd prefer to be about during the night than the day..." He gave a light shrug of his shoulders. Damascus wondered to himself for a moment; Maybe she enjoys looking at the stars as well... He was tempted to ask however decided against it; choosing to introduce himself instead. "Pardon my horrible introductory skills; my name is Damascus." The stallion bowed his head slightly once again.

--------------------

She smiled. "A pleasure to meet you, Damascus. Call me Scherazade." she shifted, blue-violet gaze moving up to the sky. "They are lovely things, aren't they?" she smiled. "So very, very old." the glance she sent back the stallion's way was curious. "So, do you hear the stories they tell?" she asked, curious. Random and off the wall, true. But for her, it was very serious, and the question was delivered with the gravest of tones. If people couldn't hear the stories the stars told, they had no business being out at night. Even being able to dream you could was enough. Then again, she'd been told before that she was crazy for her belief that stars could tell stories, so she didn't have much faith that he did. It wouldn't color her opinion of the stallion, only her opinion of how late at night he should be out. A disbeliever could disrupt the stars tales.

--------------------

"Alright Scherazade." Damascus smiled politely; thinking the mare's name sounded very unique and mysterious. He repressed the urge to chuckle. "Yes they are lovely; and I suppose they are old as well." Damascus frowned in confusion. "What stories?" The stallion was quickly lost and wondered what the mare had meant. "Perhaps I need to try harder to listen..." He srained his neck and pricked his ears up; listening carefully for any sound drifting down from the heavens. "Can you tell me some of the stories you have heard the stars?" It may have sounded like an odd question but Damascus said it in all seriousness. He still didn't understand quite what Scherazade meant.

--------------------

She shifted her weight, thinking. "What kind of stories do you like to hear?" she queried. "You hear all sorts of things." her head tilted. "It really is okay if you don't hear them, not everyone does." Not everyone was as.... special.... as Scherazade. After all, if everyone was like her, it would be a very boring world, wouldn't it?

--------------------

Damascus pondered the question for a moment. "All stories are wonderful to hear; perhaps you could tell me one of your favorite stories you have heard though? If you have any favorites that is..." The stallion wasn't sure what kind of stories the stars told and was rather intrigued by this mare. What kinds of things did she hear from the stars?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:37 am
.Lost :: War and Apple-oosa.
.Date :: Jan. 13, 2007.
.Pages in '[PRP] Lost.' :: 1.

A sigh escaped the lips of an orca colored mare as she trodden through the snow covered floor of the forest; her wolf familiar Admiral ambling along beside her. Her eyes darted here and there between the relatively bare trees; a thick layer of snow coated the branches. "Where are we..." A desperate and faint tone escaped the mare. She was helplessly lost in the forest; she felt horribly guilty as she moved through the snow. Her black and white companion never left her side and she felt sorry for him since the night was incredibly cold and they were no where near home. Home... She repeated in her thoughts. This was not home at all however. A glazed look spread over War's medium blue eyes; she deeply missed the arctic. Admiral and her had lived there of of their lives. Why did we come here... War couldn't remember the reason her and Admiral had chosen to leave; regretting now the fact that they had. The pair however had very recently made a new home with a large family of soquilis and their three Indians; and War wished her an Admiral were with them in there teepee now. Orchu had offered to show War around yet she had earlier refused it; being independent she had explained she had wanted her and Admiral to grow accustomed to the land on their own. War mentally kicked herself for disregarding his him; if she had accepted her and Admiral would be sleeping soundly in their teepee at this point in time instead of wandering aimlessly through the forest attempting to find their way home. I'm sorry for my poor choices Admiral... War's blue eyes fell upon her shivering wolf as they continued through the snow.

--------------------

The large gray, spotted stallion was in the dark forest. While the stallion's wolf friend Maylin was sleeping in the teepee, Apple was out searching for food. The stallion couldn't sleep for some odd reason this night. Usually he fell asleep right when he got comfortable. Apple had always had always wanted to travel to a different place, but instead he stayed in this place he called home. There was nothing wrong with it, it's just that Apple wanted an adventure. Shaking his head, Apple looked aaround the forest that he was in. It was dark and cold that night, but since the stallion had his warm fuzzy winter coat, he was warm. Looking up in the trees, there weren't any apples on it so he just grabbed some of the leaves that were on the branches. Munching on them, the stallion listened to the crunching of the small leaves in his mouth. Swallowing the leaves, the stallion looked around for something a little tastier. Apple knew that Maylin could find her own food, and food for the two legger they lived with, so Apple only looked for himself some food.

--------------------

War heard a faint crunching sound of what she assumed to be leaves but it didn't bother her; it was most likely the wind stirring and rusting the fragile leaves. However War paused when she heard a soft growling sound; the mare looked down at her wolf companion curiously. "Admiral... Is something wrong?" The mare frowned and continued staring at the wolf; Admiral sniffed for a moment before he continued growling again. The wolf began stalking through the snow; his fangs bore as he searched for something. "Admiral..." War whispered softly; trudging through the snow after him. The white snow clung to hair on her ankles as she made her way through it; attempting to be quiet. Admiral halted and continued to grow; his eyes fixed upon some object. War's medium blue eyes followed the wolf's gaze. Her eyes continued to scan in between the trees; spotting nothing she sighed. "Admiral there's nothing there..." The mare made a move to turn around but Admiral whined for a moment; trying to catch the mare's attention. Her head turned back to the wolf and he started padding off to where he had been staring. "Admiral!" She whispered harshly. War's eyes flashed up to an object she had spotted moving between the trees now. "What is that..." She murmured to herself. War felt alone and vulnerably suddenly; she could no longer hear the growls of the wolf nor could she see a movement in between the trees. "Admiral..." Her voice was faint and desperate once again; her breathing increased and she felt incredibly nervous standing still in the snow.

--------------------

Trudging his way through the snow, Apple found nothing to eat, but soggy grass that was under the snow, and crunchy leaves. The stallion liked the winter, because he somewhat blended in to the surroundings, but then hated it because he always had to eat soggy food. Again the stallion shurgged and continued trudging through the snow. His quick trot looked like a slow walk since the snow was slowing him down. The thick snow was like a blanket of water that was usually hard to get through. Hearing something in the distance Apple swiveled his ear around towards the somewhat familiar sound. "Whats that?" The large gray stallion asked himself a little afraid of what it would be. Suddenly the stallion stopped and listened to the sound intintly. It sounded like Maylin growling, but it wasn't her, she was a little different. This growl was a little lower and sounded like this wolf was protecting something. Heart beating a little faster than normal, Apple lept through the snow as fast as he could trying to get away from the sound.

--------------------

War heard a faint voice and stood frozen still... "Hello..." She mumbled in a barely audible voice. Well that's no good. She reprimanded herself. "Hello? Is anyone there?" She called out. Better; now at least who ever it was will be able to have heard me I hope... She had been loud that a soft echo reverberated off some of the nearby trees causing some snow to fall off some of the overlying branches. A pile of snow fell upon her back and head. "Wonderful." She mumbled to herself; her ears pinned back. War shook her body; sending most of the snow flying off of her back in different directions. War sighed. "Now to find Admiral..." The mare once again began walking in the direction Admiral had wondered off in; hoping she would find him soon.

--------------------

Ears still pinned back towards the sound, Apple finally heard a soft hello. Slowing down a little the large stallion looked back wondering if he was just running from a kind wolf that was just trying to protect it's family. "Um... Hello?" The stallion said a little louder than his normal voice hoping that the thing that said hello to him would hear. Listening to some snow fall, Apple turned and walked towards the sound, still a little afraid of what he would find. A small gulp slipped out from the stallion's throat as he walked slowly hoping to somehow blend in with the falling snow. Head low, Apple walked around ears perked up still listening to the sounds around him.

--------------------

War flinched as she heard another voice mimicked her. She had been hoping for a response yet a part of her had doubted that she was going to receive one. Without Admiral she felt vulnerable; he had always been there to protect her... Where is he... She wondered desperately. Medium blue eyes continued to search in front of her. Suddenly another movement caught her eye; a gray figure was walking towards her. It was hard to spot but a few black speckles marked the coat as well as a reddish tint somewhere on the body. War didn't know what to do at first; she was tempted to hide, run away; do something other than stand still with her mouth slightly open. War shook her head and closed her mouth. Once again she called out, "Who is there?" Her voice wasn't as loud as the first time; yet this time she was able to focus on the figure and she assumed they were in hearing distance.

-Polar-

-Polar-

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:45 am

.Where Is He? :: War and Death.
.Date :: Jan. 14, 2007.
.Pages in '[PRP] Where Is He?.' :: 1.

Death's wings were folded over her back as she walked slowly, minding her stomach. It was new for her to be so... slow, but Death didn't entirely mind too much. It was simply that she was so... pregnant.

The very thought of it made the tiny wind mare blush deeply and cough to clear her throat so she wouldn't blush anymore. "I hope he'll be happy. Oh I hope."

Of course she hadn't talked to Khairi yet, but she needed to. For some reason he hadn't been there when the little mare had woken up and now she was here trying to find him... And she couldn't even fly.

--------------------

War was trotting swiftly through the snow; her wolf familiar attempting to keep up but have difficulty. The mare chuckled lightly; adoring the effort her companion was making to keep up with her. She stopped for a moment; allowing the frolicking wolf to pass her before she continued trotting again. The day was lovely; cold but bearable and the white snow added a pleasant decor to the land. Medium blue eyes spotted a white winged mare ambling around slowly. War noticed the mare's unusually large stomach and heard the mare murmur a string of words War couldn't understand. War trotted up to the mare with a small smile upon her face. "Hello. Isn't the weather nice?" War attempted to prompt a conversation with the other mare.

--------------------

Ears flicked upward as Death lifted her ghostly head and blinked her gentle gray eyes at the orca colored female in the distance. She took a few steps towards her and wrapped her wings around her stomach shyly, trying to hide the bulge.

"It's nice and cool today." Death said, her voice ghosting from her muzzle gently as the little mare ruffled her feathers and smiled. "What brings you out on such a beautiful day my dark cousin?"

The little white ghost smild shyly to the other, trying not to make it seem like she was too forward.

--------------------

War tilted her head in confusion as the other mare wrapped her white wings around her body; the position looked awkward in War's opinion. "Is something wrong?" War asked with a frown upon her face; wondering if she had startled the other mare. "Yes it is." She smiled politely and looked around for a moment; enjoying the look and feel of the landscape. "My companion and I are out and about getting used to this new home of ours." Her eyes fell upon her wolf sitting in the snow beside her leg and she gave a soft chuckle. "His name is Admiral." She told the other mare. "And my name is War. What's your name?" She smiled politely and shook her short mane; causing the feathers on her neck to stir.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:54 pm

.Predominantly Black :: War and Kai Liu.
.Date :: Jan. 14, 2007.
.Pages in '[PRP] Predominantly Black.' :: 1.

An orca colored mare lay in the snow; her legs tucked securely under her body and her long black and white tail wrapped around her side before the ends curled away from her. Her medium blue eyes watched her wolf that was standing on a rock in the middle of the river; attempting to catch a fish swimming in the current. War chuckled lightly as Admiral jumped from the rock into the water with a splash. The wolf emerged from the river a few moments later whining; his coat soaked. War smiled coyly at the wolf and he ran over to her; shaking his drenched body when he drew close. "Oy!" War objected. "What was that for?" She nudged Admiral's side; her face and mane rather wet now. The mare sighed and shook her mane; the short strands of her hair tossing back and forth.

--------------------

Kai Liu had been prancing through the snow of the riverbank. His black body and streaked mane stood out like a sore thumb. He didn't much care. The Stallion was strong, in his prime. Kai could defend himself when he wanted.

He let out a loud, ecstatic whinny. The snow was wonderful. Hooves were picked higher, moving seamlessly into a high-stepped trot. A sweet smell was swept to his nostrils with the breeze off the water.

A mare.

Immediately he arched his neck, flagged his tail. "Hello?" Violet orbs sought out and found the black and white forms in the snow.

--------------------

War heard a whinny and tilted her ears towards the source of the noise; her medium blue eyes scanning up the river. A predominantly black figure was trotting toward her; kicking up snow as he brought his legs up high with every pace. War was a tad awe struck by the large soquili before her. "Hi..." She answered him lightly. "My name is War..." The mare spoke softly; unsure how to react towards the stallion. War's medium blue eyes traveled up and down the stallion. His mane and tail were a light grayish color; however his mane had purple strips running through it. The mare also noticed the stallion's shining purple eyes; she stared at them for a moment before shaking her head. A light smile spread over her face as she stared up at the stallion.

--------------------

The Stallion bent a leg to his chest, lowering himself so his nose brushed the cold snow. A graceful bow for the Mare. "I am Kai Liu." Violet eyes glimmered as he straightened. "War... a battle name for a beautiful mare."

--------------------

War giggled softly as the mare bowed and in response nodded her head politely. "Kai Liu." The mare repeated; liking the sound of his name. "It is a pleasure to meet you." A blush crept upon her cheeks as the stallion complemented her. "Surely you must be thinking of another mare when you say beautiful..." A mumble escaped her lips. "I'm not really sure why my Indian named me War to be honest..." She stated with a tilt of her head; pondering for a moment why indeed she was named War.

--------------------

Amethyst eyes made a show of looking around. A long scan to the right, then to the left. Even overhead and into the water. "Sadly, I see no other mare besides yourself, my lady." He lowered his voice, the tones silky and smooth. "So I must be addressing none other then you."

"The two-leggers are peculiar things. I share a clearing with a stallion named Heero, another named Forrest and one named Chenguang."

--------------------

War's blue eyes stared at him and she had a puzzled look on her face as the stallion looked in all directions. The blush on her cheeks deepened and she looked down. "Oh..." The mare's eyes quickly scanned the surrounding area. "I suppose that is true since there is no one else around as you said..." She smiled sheepishly up at him. "Yes; I must agree. They are rather peculiar." She giggled lightly as she thought of her owner Cheryl. Cheryl was one 'odd cookie' and 'mentally special' as Polar had put it. "There are a large number of soquili whom live in my teepee with me... However none of us are all there at once." War shrugged her shoulders lightly. "Some of the soquili that I live with tend to stay in there during the day and they complain about the cold. I like the snow and the chilly weather... It's oddly soothing..." Her voice trailed off and she looked back up at the stallion; a faint smile upon her face.

--------------------

He smiled softly, sinking down into the snow. "My Misae only cares for four Stallions and one filly." A mouthful of snow was taken, letting it melt in his mouth. "The snow is wonderful." He managed, without drooling on himself.

--------------------

War quirked an eyebrow at the stallion as he ate a mouthful of snow. "I believe there are..." The mare paused to think for a moment. "Five stallions, five mares and three Indians that live in the teepee? And everyone is talking about another stallion and mare that will be joining our family soon... And then there is the oldest stallion who is also expecting more children soon..." War shook her head. "Something like that..." She attempted a smile; hoping she hadn't confused the stallion to an extent.

-Polar-

-Polar-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:57 pm

.Can't Fight The Sunrise :: Auri and Godric.
.Date :: Jan. 15, 2007.
.Pages in '[PRP] Can't Fight The Sunrise.' :: 1.

One of the nicer things about this place was it's clarity of sky. But there was something about the air that made it fairly sparkle at certain times -- like durring a sunrise. The black one had been up too late to make it to his favourite spot to watch the arrival of the day, but something told him to press on and still reach the spot regardless.

Starting to make his way up the gentle slope, the stallion for once let his tail droop a bit more than usual, and his head was held perhaps not so high. Yes, one should take pride in how one looked, in one's appearances as others percieved it, but... Sometimes, 'one' just needed to relax a little and let go. It was morning, and time to think on new beginings. So what if no one saw him perfect, if a hair was out of place. Would his would come crashing down, or would, instead, he find a little more happiness in the day?

--------------------

Auri awoke suddenly; a yawn escaping her as her eye lids fluttered open. The mare stretched her neck and adjusted her wings on her back slightly; she rose and ambled out of the opening of the buckskin teepee. She squinted a little; trying to adjust her eyes to the shimmer of light coming from the horizon. "Wow.." She mumbled to herself. The horizon was a beautiful mix of yellow, purple and red as the sun rose. The mare's silver eyes observed the rest of the sky for a moment. The moon was still visible as well as a few lingering stars in the dark blue and purple sky which the sun had not penetrated yet. Something about this morning made Auri feel that today was going to be wonderful. The mare stretched her wings and soared off of the ground; picking up height before she allowed herself to begin to glide away from her home on the mountain. The wind carried her over a field and her golden eyes fell upon the ground below. Auri noticed a dark figure walking and she decided to descend towards them. Circling a few times she landed in the field a short distance away and began maneuvering up the hill towards the soquili. Auri noticed him watching the sunrise and she smiled to herself. "It's very beautiful." She stated lightly; hoping to catch the stallion's attention.

--------------------

A crimson eye slid in the mare's direction, accompanied by a flickering ear as it turned to catch her words before the breeze whisked them away. Godric had noted a something in the air, though had paid it no more mind than he would a bird. It hadn't dawned on him that a Soquili could fly -- rather, would fly -- and his mind had just written the flying thing off as a rather large bird. But to find it was a mare?

Realising custom dictated it was his turn to say something, or appear rude, Godric cleared his throat and said softly, not wishing to break the still magic of this morning. "It is indeed, Lady." Shifting his weight, the stallion moved to rest his weight on only three hooves, the fourth nudging a flower still glistening with morning dew. So much more could be said, could be remarked upon, but for some reason, for this moment, it all seemed almost... Vulgar.

"Like would know like, it seems, though it's beauty is only fleeting." Yes, it was a flattery, a flirting of sorts, but with the tone of his words as well as his posture, the stallion tried to convey that he merely thought her beautiful as well, not that he was trying to hit on her. A lady deserved to know things like that, and almost never could hear them enough.

--------------------

Auri rocked her body back and forth for a moment before adjusting her wings on her back once again; causing the white feathers to rustle pleasantly. The mare shook her head causing her loose braids to swing about; the beads rattling lightly. She took in the stallion's appearance; his dark purplish coat, his long mane and tail that was purple at the base before changing into a mixture of red, orange and yellow. He also had purple wings that were tipped much as his hair was. Finally Auri's golden eyes rested upon the stallion's crimson ones; there was something oddly alluring about them... Overall his appearance reminded her of both a sunrise as well as a sunset; the mixture of the vibrant colors and such. She noticed him shifting his weight and saw one of his front hooves gently caress a flower upon the ground beneath their hooves; causing Auri to smile a bit. A lopsided grin appeared on the mare's face as the stallion spoke and she repressed the urge to giggle. "I suppose that made be said; yet one should remain hopeful beauty will never perish and surely if the run rises and sets everyday some beauty will be preserved." A twinkle appear in Auri's silver eyes as she spoke.

--------------------

Blinking, Godric took a moment before he chuckled softly and resettled his own wing. "Perhaps, and whilst beauty will always exist in some form or another, is it the beauty of one sunrise comparable to the beauty of another sunrise, or is it perfect beauty in it's own right?" Looking again to the sky, the stallion sighed softly. The moon was now outshone, and the stars were hiding; day was officially here, ignoring the traces of pink and purple still lingering around the sun.

Watching the sky reminded him that he had seen the mare fly, and his head quickly swung back around to face her, eyeing her wings. "Did you actually fly with those, Lady?" Godric had never even thought of mimicing the birds, finding the ground being solid against his hooves a rather reassuring feeling, and one he would want to loose.

--------------------

Auri thought tentatively for a moment before answering. "It is the beauty of each and every individual sunrise as a whole that makes the word beauty turn from just another word that escapes our forms into a full and meaningful idea and denomination in the world." The mare's eyes followed the stallion's to gaze upon the sky that had turned into a light blue color of the morning. Shame. Auri thought to herself; she had loved the image of the sky when she had left her teepee this morning. Even though the image had now transformed itself she could keep the mental picture of the moon and stars out in the sky during the sunrise; which gave her an odd sense of security. Knowing her thoughts and such could never fade away and transform themselves into something else. Auri blinked for a moment and looked back at the stallion. "Yes..." She responded; hesitating some. "You... have flown before? Haven't you?" Auri felt rather odd asking the question; all the wind soquili she knew embraced their wings.

--------------------

Based on her reply, Godric almost blushed, thinking he'd err'd in some way. "No, Lady. I've not." Taking a few steps back, careful not to crush the flower he'd idly played with not too long ago, he busied himself with studying the thing intently with head lowered, avoiding meeting her gaze for some reason.

It was a daisy of some sort, or at least in the daisy family - a golden center, full of pollen. Pale yellow petals were tipped with white, and a very earthy scent eminated from it's center. Dew drops still clung to it's petals though the sun's rays were slowly taking them away.

Shifting once more, Godric lifted his eyes to the other briefly, worried that she'd laugh at him, or even more, think him.... Less. Honestly, he hadn't known the things could be used to make him fly. They seemed so flimsy when compared to his equine body.... Surely they were for decoration... Right?

--------------------

A frown appeared upon Auri's face. "That's a shame..." Her voice trailed off as she pondered this. Wings were meant to be used for flight; they were a gift from the heavens so one is able to soar amongst the eagles. The mare noticed the stallion's gaze fall upon the flower before him; averting his eyes from her gaze. Well there's no harm done... She thoughts so herself as an idea sprung into her head. "Would you like to be able to fly?" A small smile tugged at the corners of Auri's mouth. "I assure you it isn't complicated and I will accompany you." She nudged him gently on the shoulder as a sign of encouragement before continuing. "I adore flying; it's like a freedom... And it gives you a new perspective of everything. The wind surges through your hair and rustles your feathers as you fly... It's wonderful." Auri smiled gently; hoping the stallion would attempt to fly with her.

Teepees

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff