Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
Revelio and Open Sesame! Double Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:20 pm

Little EP looked over Daddy with a critical eye, as if assessing him for Impression. Noooo, not gonna Impress to you, he informed him, taking a noble, staunch hero pose. Just 'cause you're a prince doesn't mean you're the one. Woah, burn.

Then the baby ran up and nuzzled his father, cuddling by his side. Daddy, which one is Mine?

---

The small, awkward bronze hunched down low so that his wings were high above him. His eyes were now a confused yellow-green. Was his brother mad? He couldn't tell. He didn't know how to make him happy. Maybe he should stay there and then his brother wouldn't get upset anymore.

---

With a whuff of air, the baby blew a piece of eggshell away from his face - for indeed, a little brown head was revealed by that motion! - and sat up. Unfortunately, the shell sat with him, and he was covered once more. Drat.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:21 pm
Theo
"Oh, but look!" Theo leaned forward in his seat, beaming down at the bronze pair as the larger of the two tenderly and fondly pressed his snout to his eggmate's head. Memories of fond childhood days with his own siblings had come rushing back in an instant. Clearly they were good brothers. His rose-tinted view of the world couldn't see it any other way.

There was another egg attempting to hatch that drew his eye next. Oh!! almost, almost. And then that blue atop the huge blue's head was still looking too. And that one, and that one, and...how were there still so many? He didn't know, and frankly couldn't care less. If you asked him, this whole event could just go on and on and on forever, and he'd not mind!
Meepfur

ShinosBee

Nerd

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:26 pm
Kinyegele

Oh! There he was!

and then there he wasn't when the egg covered him up again. Kinye couldn't help but laugh a little bit. I'm sorry, I'm not laughing at you - you're doing wonderful!  
Shar watched as the spunky blue found His, presenting the new blue rider with his sandal trophy. She snorted softly and shook her head in amusement: there were some spirited dragons this time running the full gambit of the spectrum.

“I will,” she agreed. “Maybe not this time, but I’ve got years to Stand.” She didn’t mind waiting and seeing those she knew find theirs was satisfying enough to hold her over. She would have no sadness or disappointment if she left the sands today without a dragon at her side, only with more resolve to work harder between now and the next clutch. Hers was out there somewhere, perhaps not today, but she had no doubts she’d impress eventually.

As the gold confronted the two bronzes she had to hand it to her. It was nice to see the larger bronze chasitized, stopped before he could cause more damage. Although Shar knew bloodshed and death were both things she signed up for in being a Candidate, she felt that the clutches had let loose enough mayhem for one day.

“You’ll find yours as well,” she added to Nala. “Again, maybe not this time, but waiting isn’t a bad thing. The dragons know when that perfect match is waiting for them.”

“magnadearel”

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

The blue dragon had found His and would waste no more time. No other dragons or Candidates were considered. For once, in his little blue life, he was gong to be selfish and he was going to think of only His. Trotting over to the one, the blue Lumos' eyes whirled a vibrant rainbow, and he crooned ever so sweetly up at Elyk.

Oh, he hated to be rude to His' companion, but... Right now? Right now, this loving little blue needed His above all else. Right now, he needed the boy that radiated brightness and goodness, and he needed that boy to look down at him and want him and love him.

Softly, ever so tenderly, the blue dragon reached out with his neck to nuzzle the other. Elykmine... If...if it's not too much of an interruption your Aonanith is here. Will you be mine forever? Until all the stars fall from the sky? Even if the sun never rises, or darkness consumes us, I will forever be your light.

User Image

baby_gwing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:45 pm
Candidate Nalacko she/her

Nala stood steady as the pair of girls continued to watch the hatching. Kronoseth and the baby blue were still playing adorably. The larger twin bronze was facing off against his golden sister and it looked like she was winning. For now, there would be no more bloodshed. She smiled as he gave the tiny bronze a disgruntled nose boop.

She liked the way he appeared to protect his smaller brother, or at least that’s what she thought he was doing. It reminded her of Riz protecting them. Sadly the tiny bronze didn’t seem so happy about something. She hoped he found his soon. If he wanted someone good to protect him, she’d really recommend Rizdax for him.

Nala felt her lips twitch as one of the poor babies was having some difficulty with his egg. “That egg sure isn’t cooperating with him is it?” She murmured. Shar spoke and mentioned standing for Turns. Turns? She’d have to face this again and again and again? Nala wasn’t sure she’d be able to face it alone. Each time seeing all those standing with her impressing was daunting. Or more frightening, the aggressive babies with blood in their eyes.

“If you think I can,” Nala herself wasn’t so sure. How could she face angry dragonets on her own? What if another like that one who got Riz came through? Or what if there was another death? No, she shouldn’t think about those things now. Just focus on the babies.  

magnadearel

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:51 pm

Dash it all! This egg is beyond anything! the little Speckled Aquamarine brown complained. What a dreadful pain this egg shell was. I know one of your darling creatures will help me with it. Surely you won't mind? For indeed, the young dragonet was quite trapped indeed.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:54 pm
Kinyegele

She hesitated, looking from the baby, up towards their mother with a quiet sigh. The last time anybody had gone out to help, mistakes had been made, but....

Looking up towards the Queens, Kinyegele asked out loud: "May I lift the egg shell off of him?" she really didn't have any fists to punch eggs with.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:57 pm

Rhianth stared down at Kinyegele for a long moment... and then nodded her assent.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:00 pm
Kinyegele

That long moment felt like eternity to the girl, who wondered if the weight of all of her sins (what sins, darling?) were being judged before permission was granted.

With a nervous jitter, the small girl left Fisher's side at last to approach the struggling brown. "I'm gonna give you a hand, okay friend?" she let him know, as to not frighten him. Though she had a feeling he already knew she was there even before she could put her hands on the eggshell, pushing up and holding so the hatchling could step out from underneath - hopefully.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:07 pm
Helaku sent off his new friend/"Sands buddy" off with a wave and a smile, offering a quiet and heartfelt, "She's beautiful," as the new pair made their exit to the feeding station. After that he set himself to watching the dragonets still upon the Sands, his concern at the dynamic between the twin bronzes increasing as he did so. There were some fine-looking browns and blues as well, with Impressions going off without issue. Still, those two...he hoped the larger of the twins would relent sooner than later. The Remember Me gold seemed invested in the well-being of the two, and Helaku was relieved to see the larger one grow...less aggressive, maybe.

Then the brown trapped in his speckled shell called for help, and the Candidate chewed on his lower lip in thought. Maybe... Then a Candidate he didn't know--probably from here, not Western--asked aloud if she could help, and he perked up. Good idea, there!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:08 pm

Thank you, love, the little brown said, carefully extricating himself from the shell as Kinyegele aided him. As sweet as she was, this moment was not for them. It was for everyone. I've been a bit tied up, but I do have somewhere that I must go. Chin up! For she did seem rather distraught, when it came to it. Hmm.

Stepping lightly away from the wreck of his once-shell, Speckled Aquamarine began to weave in and out of the Candidates, checking each one over with great care. Hmm. Now, that wouldn't do. Where was that spark he'd felt only moments before?

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:08 pm
Siv[/b[

An egg asking for helpo?

Siv rose from her notes, foot passing over the sand to look to the small egg, eying the golden mother warily. She didn't want another angry mother, but.. Ah, and someone was moving over. Walking near-- but not terribly near she was afraid of being snarled at -- the candidate tilted her head, watching Kinyegle carefully before looking thoughtful.

"Try feeling for weak points." She offered. "Something a baby might struggle pushing even with give that you can and press down on ity-- just don't pressh hard enough to burst through or you might hurt the baby."

It was an awkward suggestion but Siv lacked ideas. She didn't know if the broken shells were study enough to cyut it, and she very well coiuldn't fetch tools to do so. So... Suggestions it was. Awkward, probably unwanted suggestions.

demon_pachabel
Siv tries. She's afraid of mom.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:13 pm
Keleres [WW] - 21 - she/her/hers - JM Masseuse (spy)

Such pretty dragonets- and it was more than just a superficial affection that caught Kel’s heart all up in a thrall. Watching siblings interact- watching father and son play, and a dragonet course towards its bonded, sandal in mouth… watching as the queen hatchling stared down her brother in defence of another. A small blush spread crept her cheeks.

Boy, was it getting overly warm, or was it just her? She wiped a trembling hand across her head, surprised to find beads of sweat. Oh, no… There wasn’t much longer to wait- and fate might smile upon her that day… She just had to stay standing a little longer, even as bone-weary fatigue began to set in.

Come on, little ones… there’s a whole world out here waiting for you. She smiled, pushing away her discomfort to focus on positive and open thoughts.

Quote:
open; Kel is still watching the dragonets, buoyed by happiness, whilst slowly becoming aware of her of fatigue and symptoms of overheating- bit of a dainty gal!

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:13 pm
Kinyegele

As the brown pulled himself from under the egg, she was almost tempted to reach out and touch him. This was really the closest she'd gotten to any of the babies this entire time, and it was just as magical as when Sahrawith had greeted her on the beach. "Of course. Good searching!" Kinye sent off after him, arms all but jittering with excitement.

Yes, he was off to find someone important and Kinye.

She was all aflutter with joy. She was a helper!  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games