Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms
The Hogwarts Express Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:39 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

۞ Cenek ۞ Knapp ۞
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Head Boy۞ Prefect ۞ Quidditch Captain ۞ Seeker۞

▬▬Critiscm is something we can avoid easily...▬▬

As Cenek entered the train, he was grinning with his Head Boy badge on. He was shocked when it had arrived. He had finally managed something his siblings had never done. Well, he had also been quidditch captain when the others hadn't, but that wasn't nearly as amazing as Head Boy. His mother had thrown a whole party for it, but the event wasn't enjoyable, as Chadwick was noticeably absent.

He walked up to the prefect compartments and put his luggage up. He wondered who had been selected as Prefects this year, who his fellow Head Girl would be. All he knew was it wasn't Sparrow, though he would be seeing her up here soon. He did hope Eden wouldn't hold a grudge toward Cenek for getting Head boy, the guy already had a grudge against Chadwick, Cenek didn't want that grudge too. Cenek wondered, how would Chadwick get to Hogwarts? Last year he had ridden the train with Finley, but would he just go to Hogwarts from Hogsmeade? What had he done this summer? Cenek couldn't wait to catch up.

Cenek dug in his pockets and found a scrap of paper with notes for his Head Boy speech to the prefects, he hoped the Head Girl would be here soon, so he could compare notes with her, and they could have an efficient prefect meeting.

▬▬ By saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing. ▬▬

Where: Train
With Whom: Prefects
Thinking about: It'll be a good year to shine
Wearing:Black pants, blue shirt.

addaellis

_____

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:10 am
♡ Aria ♡ Artemisia Rosalie League ♡
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxx
Time: 2054-2055
Outfit: A touch of floral and Chanel Inspired
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Just as her mother left she heard the call of her friend who might have been the preferred child for her mum if he was a girl and pretty. Not that Ron was ugly, she just thought his face wouldn't transfer over to a girl which was funny since his mum Mrs. Quinn and his dad Mr. Smith were good looking people. Not as pretty as Cathy League, her mum would argue even though she was friends with Danica Quinn. Lucky for Cathy, Aria looked like a redheaded version of Cathy mostly.

She ran over to Ron Quinn-Smith and offered him a hug in her excitement. "Ron! It's wonderful to see you again." They of course had seen each other over the summer but being able to spend time with a friend without hovering parents was different. Also they could use magic at Hogwarts when studying on in class at least.

As the train announcement was heard she held out a hand for Ron and said, "Come on, follow me. Let's get an empty cabin or at least one not full of seventh years who probably would ignore us the whole trip." Like her mother, Aria did not like to be ignored though she did not crave the absolute spotlight her mother did.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                Not your mother, indeed
                                                Looking for bigger, better things, are you?
                                                Well, I'm sure you'll find them in

Gryffindor!
                                                {OoC: }
                                                Graydon Ironshield

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:35 am

When you've been fighting for it all your life
                                                      You've been struggling to make things right
                                                      That's how a superhero learns to fly

Torin did kinda feel bad he misbehaved he was just too excited. "Sorry dad I was too excited" he said
                                                                He knew they would miss him and he would totally misshis parents too but it was time for adventure. "Dont worry mom well be safe and have a good time. Let see if we can find our friend and fine our seats and my parking spot." Torin said. They got over to the train and waved to Angier who was already making more friends. They would save two spots then just in case. One mom and dad got thier stuff on the train and Pickle his frog was safely in his carrier on his lap he went over to the train steps up. He loved his magic wheelchair but the just wide enough steps meant he had to aim just right and he still needed practice there. Skyla had better aim. "Hey Skyla looks like I'll nees ur great aim the door a bit tight. He had rode a train before but that was his old chair and to get hoisted by his dad. While he had long since ceased to be embarased he wanted to avoid that expecilly cause he couldn't gaurentee the destination would have adults that would know how to help.

When you've fighting for it all your life
                                                                You've been working every day and night

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:04 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx❈ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Hogwarts Express!
xxx❈ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Torin, Mom&Dad
xxxx❈ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Train Time!
xxxxx❈ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Look at all these people!

Skyla rolled her eyes again when Torin apologized to their dad. They were just having fun! Who cared?! Luckily, mom was there, and she was cool as always. Dad told them to give hugs, so Sky did, followed by a hug for mom. She included a secret cheek kiss to the woman, before taking a deep breath. "We'll probably have assigned food, just like primary lunch, mama. But it's magic, which makes it like a bajillion times better. And we'll drink water and exercise a bunch. I promise. We've gotta race all over the school, of course. And you'll get lots of pictures. Mine are gonna be better than Torin's too! Aha! That's a promise!"

After being told to ask for help and write, Skyla gave their mom another hug. "We'll write all the time, don't worry. And we've only got a couple months until Christmas holidays, and then we'll see you then!" At that, the conductor yelled that it was time to board. With a wave, Skyla hurried after her brother. They passed their friend from Primaries (and Diagon), but he seemed busy, so they just hurried to the train. She was about to tell Torin to hurry up, but he asked for help getting past the doors. "You got it. Keep your arms and frog inside the car at all times!" She laughed, trying to mimic the annoying voice at the little park near them. It had a train ride they'd loved when they were little, so of course it was needed for a much bigger train. Once he was secure, she pushed her weight down on the handles of his chair, popping up his front wheels. With a practiced ease, she scooted him forward, set the front wheels down, then pushed while lifting to get his back wheels in. Once they were past the doors, she released her hold, knowing Torin preferred autonomy.

"Ta-da~ You're in!"

addaellis

Cat Waffle

You held me down, but I got up, already brushing off the dust
          You hear my voice, you hear that sound, like thunder, gonna shake the ground
          You held me down, but I got up, get ready 'cause I've had enough
          I see it all, I see it now! I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter
          Dancing through the fire 'cause I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar
          Louder, louder than a lion 'cause I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:44 pm

User Image♩♯⌬
ANGIER HUIYAN ZHENG

first year || unsorted || halfbood
violinist and cellist

”Mighty understanding of you,” The girl with the owl had introduced herself as Nora and Pumpkin, and Angier had been about to show off some cool facts he’d read about owls’ roles in wizarding society when the train conductor made the last call, sending them in a flurry to get on board. He glimpsed Torin and Skyla wave one entrance down and made a mental note to meet up with them on the train.

Angier swung his violin and bag back on his shoulder and helped Nora up, spouting off something like ”Wonder why we take the train when we could just all teleport to school, huh?

Once they were safely on board, he extended a hand for an overdue introduction. ”Right. Name’s Angier. Also a first year. Don’t have a pet though, unless you count my violin and cello.” he said with a pat on the case on his back. He’d planned on finishing Hogwarts, A History on the train, but having people to talk to was going to be interesting too now!

He led the way down the train, soon spotting Torin and Skyla in the hallway, rambling away with introductions as they found an empty compartment to share. ”Hey! Tor, Sky, this is Nora uh...Nora and Pumpkin anyways. Nora, Torin and Skyla Byrnes. We went to primaries together. And are going to Hogwarts now! Cool huh? Can’t wait to start classes. Too bad there’s not music classes until third year, but there’s a music club anyways. I’ve got 2 songs prepared for both instruments in case Miss Governess is wrong and there is an audition. What about you all?”

setting train to Hogwarts, September 1, 2054 || with Nora and Pumpkin, Torin and Skyla Byrnes
appearance 4’5” + glasses || wearing Oversized space tee and uniform pants
status Freedom tastes like juice--so sweet!

CatWaffle

Cinnabun Gryffie

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Well, you were the aftermath
Of every judgment
So cold by the sweat that
You'll waste away
And you carry your enemies
But they're so familiar
I'm sick of the company
So I cull the shame
⌬♩♯
"Mirror" by Porter Robinson.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:26 am

User Image❀✿ WESLYN REMARKA KNOLLE

seventh year || Hufflepuff Head Girl || halfblood
Art Club marine artist|| Cooking Club head chef
Herbology Club co-captain || Quidditch manager

Head Girl! Weslyn couldn’t believe it when the letter had come-- she hadn’t been a prefect, and she felt like she had spent half of last year struggling to lead the Herbology and Culinary clubs. But Yukon had seemed happier than she’d seen him in years, so she promised to do her best as always and get along with the other prefects.

Wes had a brand new dress with her head girl pin right next to a silver potato pin Yukon had handmade for her and Kenny had painted-- the only things identifying her as belonging in the prefect’s compartment. She had been hesitant to leave Kenny--they always rode the train together-- but she knew Kenny had friends of his own and she had...responsibilities now?

”Um! Hello? Is this the prefect’s compartment? I’m...Weslyn Knolle from Hufflepuff.” she asked, poking her head in tentatively, nudging a tentacle from her octopus knit-hat. She wasn't sure what was to be expected of her, but Yukon had said that the Head Boy and Girl usually made a speech on the train. She hoped the Head Boy would be down to make the speech, but just in case, Weslyn had practiced introducing herself. More helpfully, she clutched a sketchbook, where she had sketched out a few ideas for events and a few things they might do to help organize prefect patrols.

setting Prefect's Compartment, Hogwarts Express, September 1st, 2054 || with lots of prefects!
appearance 5'2", petite || wearing glasses + Maroon and blue dress with deep red octopus knit hat
status I hope I don't mess this up!

Tides will turn
Rest assured
‘Cause seasons pass
A new day dawns
And through the clouds the sun will shine
To guide you home into the light
Let us follow where rivers flow
Let’s see how far we can go
When it feels like you’re out on your own
Hear the voice that’s calling you home

✿❀
~"Anew" by Hollow Coves.

addaellis

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:29 am

User Image♥♡
SPARROW KIYA WINCHESTER

seventh year || Gryffindor prefect || pureblood
Drama club director|| Music club || Order of the Stick || Quidditch announcer

”WESSSSS! Sparrow greeted immediately, tugging the shy girl in. ”How ARE you? How’s Kenny?” Sparrow asked cheerfully. She hadn’t seen the Knolles since she and Kenny broke up a few weeks ago-- it had been an amicable break up, but they had agreed to spend the rest of the summer apart.

”Good? Are you...are you okay?”

”Surprisingly, yes,” Sparrow replied with a gentle smile, and she meant it. ”It hurt like hellfire and thunderstorms for a few days, but we’re better off. And I can’t wait to see him again. We can be friends again!” It was odd, Sparrow had thought. How different her relationship with He-Who-Was-Against-World-Peace and Kennebec. Both in duration and relationship, and in break up. Sparrow spotted the pin then, and yelped excitedly. ”WES! You’re Head girl! Kenny never--oh of course! Cenek! I found your head girl!” she exclaimed.

Sparrow cut off abruptly, seeing a familiar face enter the carriage. ”YOU!” she bellowed, shaking the carriage. ”I’ll let you two chat!” she called to Cenek and Weslyn, before twirling forward in perfect pirouette form, stopping lightly in front of the new Ravenclaw prefect girl. Keeping her eyes trained intensely on the younger girl, Sparrow let her feet do the talking, tapping up a complicated series of dance steps in the limited space before stopping, bouncing back with arms crossed, the challenge clear.

setting Prefect's Compartment, September 1st, 2054 || with Fellow prefects
appearance 5'7", soft and squishy || hair color many many colors || wearing White dress with the flounciest pink skirt and cape you’ve ever seen. And pink heels.
status DANCE CHALLENGE!

Kung tagged because Kenny mentioned. Please let me know if I can edit!

”Stefan Lee Salvatore"

CatWaffle

MJ Spooks

It'll be totally strange
But wow! Am I so ready for this change
'Cause for the first time in forever
There'll be music, there'll be light!

♡♥
~"For the First Time in Forever" by Kristen Bell and Idina Menzel from Frozen, cover by Caleb Hyles.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:36 am

When you've been fighting for it all your life
                                                      You've been struggling to make things right

Torin held on to Pickle who ribbited a bit in protest to the wheelie onto the train. Once past the tight squeese torin took over. "Let's find a compartment so I'm not hogging the hall." He said. It took a minute to find one, people were plenty nice about him coming though the train hall like a tank. They located one and Torin made sure he parked well enough to not take too much room before getting himself over to a train seat so he could wave to mom and dad when the train left.

Angier soon joined them with the girl who he had been chatting with. "Hey guys! I'm Torin! And this is my frog Pickle. Always nice making friends before we even get there." Torin greeted with a wave. "We got hardly the foggiest idea what to expect which makes more fun!" He knew basics like it was a castle and lots of magic but he had been to psyched for his new wheels to dive too deep into the Hogwarts history book mom had gotten.

When you've fighting for it all your life
                                                                You've been working every day and night

addaellis
                                                                SherbertLemondrop

Cinnabun Gryffie

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:52 pm
User Image
Ronald David Quinn-Smith
HufflepuffSecond YearTwelve Years OldSingle

Ron returned Aria's hug with equal enthusiasm. "I'm happy to see you too," he said honestly. As often as they'd visited over the summer, it was still good seeing her again, and it honestly wouldn't have felt right to be going to Hogwarts without seeing her. "Was that Aunt Cathy I just saw Apparating away?"

Their moms had been friends for longer than he or Aria had been alive combined, and Ron thought of the famous Cathaline League as being a part of their extended family. His younger sister was named for her, in fact, and so Aria was friend and family, but then his mom told him long ago that one's 'friends were the family they chose'. Still and all, it seemed odd to him that Aria's mom would take-off like that so quickly. Glancing back, he saw his mother's tousled blonde hair and her usual white jacket amongst all the more somberly dressed folk on the platform. Though she wasn't being as clingy with his departure as she had at the start of term last year, Ron knew she would stay and watch over him until she knew he was safely aboard the Express and not depart a moment sooner.

When he heard the conductor's boarding call, he smiled and took Aria's proffered hand. "Yeah, no kidding," he replied to her suggestion cheerfully. "Dunno about you, but I could do without seeing a bunch of Seventh Years snogging each other in front of us."

Once they were safely aboard the train, and somewhere where they could actually hear each other, he asked, giving her a conspiratorial wink, "So, what position did you tell Aunt Cathy you'd be trying out for you, this year?"

OOC:
mc2

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:54 pm
User ImageUser Image

xx❋ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Hogwarts Express
            xxx❋ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Angier, Torinn and Skyla
            xxxx❋ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Headed for Hogwarts!
            xxxxx❋ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Am I nervous??

Before Nora had much of a chance to continue the conversation with the boy who’d bumped into her before the last call for boarding was sounded. The sound temporarily drew Nora into a mad dash making sure she had all of her trunks and that Pumpkin was secure and comfortable in his cage. Her mum proceeded to question her, making sure she had her wand, a quill, and any other tiny thing she could have possibly forgotten. Her dad just gave a laugh, reassuring her mom before wrapping Nora in a tight hug. Finally, Sam ruffled her hair a little and gave a small “good luck kiddo”. With that, she made a run for the train.

As they entered the train the boy made a comment about the train that just about made Nora freeze in place. He had a point. Why did that take a train? There were about a million other ways to travel in the wizarding world, so why something as muggle as a train? Obviously, it wasn’t that important of a question, and yet, it would haunt her forever.

Nora didn’t stop thinking about this until the boy spoke to her again, extending his hand as he introduced himself as Angier. “Nice to officially meet you, Angier.” The two continued moving down the train until Angier moved into a compartment with two other occupants. A girl and boy that he quickly introduced as Torin and Skyla. Angier continued to speak, but truthfully, Nora only picked up about half of it. She’d been distracted by a small pang of sadness as the train began to move. She was so excited to be going to Hogwarts, but she hadn’t quite realized how much she was going to miss being home too.

Luckily she was drawn from her thoughts as the boy Torin spoke. “Not sure what to expect, hm? Are you muggle-born?” Nora hoped they didn’t mind her asking, she was just curious. She had heard about Hogwarts literally her entire life. She couldn’t imagine going in almost blind like most muggle-borns no doubt were.

{{OoC: }}
          addaellis
          CatWaffle
          Cinnabun Gryffie

I Hᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ Dʀᴇᴀᴍ, ᴀ sᴏɴɢ ᴛᴏ sɪɴɢ
          Tᴏ ʜᴇʟᴘ ᴍᴇ ᴄᴏᴘᴇ, ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ
          Iғ ʏᴏᴜ sᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏɴᴅᴇʀ, ᴏғ ᴀ ғᴀɪʀʏ ᴛᴀʟᴇ
          Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴜᴛᴜʀᴇ, ᴇᴠᴇɴ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴀɪʟ I ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ ɪɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟs
          Sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɪɴ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ I sᴇᴇ I ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ ɪɴ ᴀɴɢᴇʟs
          Wʜᴇɴ I ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ɪs ʀɪɢʜᴛ ғᴏʀ ᴍᴇ I'ʟʟ ᴄʀᴏss ᴛʜᴇ sᴛʀᴇᴀᴍ
          I Hᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ Dʀᴇᴀᴍ

SherbertLemondrop

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:39 pm
User ImageUser Image

═════════════════════════════════════════════
                                          ιт gσєѕ σиє ву σиє, єνєи тωσ ву тωσ
                                          єνєяувσ∂у σи тнє fℓσσя, ℓєт мє ѕнσω уσυ нσω ωє ∂σ
                                          ℓєт'ѕ gσ ∂ιρ ιт ℓσω, тнєи уσυ вяιиg ιт υρ ѕℓσω
                                          ωιи∂ ιт υρ σиє тιмє, ωιи∂ ιт вα¢к σи¢є мσяє

spaceNorah was practically bouncing with excitement, and a little bit of nerves if she were being totally honest, as she boarded the train for her fifth year. More importantly than that, she was boarding the train for her first ever prefect meeting, which was sure to be... something? Honestly she had no clue. She assumed that was when all the prefects were given their list of responsibilities and whatnot, and also when the students from the other houses were told whatever the heck the password for their Common Rooms would be for the start of the year.

spaceThat didn't so much apply to Ravenclaw, seeing as they had a riddle to enter. Admittedly, Norah was in a bit of a competition with the magical... non-entity? (it wasn't a person or actual sentient being, insofar as she knew) that asked the riddles. Mostly, she liked giving answers that she knew weren't the actual correct one, but which were technically true. She had about a fifty percent success rate of giving it answers that, apparently, it couldn't argue with. So maybe there was some degree of sentience (like a magical AI, perhaps?), since the thing wasn't just programmed to only accept the Correct Answer(trademark). Anyway, this year, Norah got to lead the new first years to the common room, and could give them all fun tips on how to mess with the entrance. It'd be fun! She'd be the cool, fun prefect. Yeah, totally!

spaceMostly, she was just proud to've been chosen. She was happy that, apparently, she'd made a good enough impression on Professor Drage that he thought she could handle the responsibility, despite her short attention span. She swore, she wasn't going to let him down! She was gonna be the best bloody prefect Ravenclaw'd ever had!

spaceThese thoughts, of course, went flying right out the window at the sudden outburst when she entered the carriage for the meeting. She looked over to see... OH! Norah hadn't realized that Hallway Dance Party Girl was a prefect! That was so exciting! She watched in clear joy and amusement as the older girl performed for her, clearly having been practicing (which didn't surprise Norah in the slightest; HDPG was an excellent opponent, the best rival she could've asked for).

spaceAt HDPG's clear issuance of a challenge, Norah threw a cocky smirk, and began on a short pop-and-lock routine she'd worked on over the holiday, even beatboxing a little bit as she danced. They didn't have music for most of their competitions, of course, being spontaneous hallway occurrences and all, but Norah liked to provide a little accompaniment when she could. It made things feel more like a dance movie, like Step It Up or something. That was the vibe, obviously. She finished her short dance with an impressive moonwalk, then twirled and bowed.

¢σмє, яυи, яυи, яυи, яυи єνєяувσ∂у мσνє яυи
                                          ℓєт мє ѕєє уσυ мσνє αи∂ яσ¢к ιт 'тιℓ тнє gяσσνє
                                          ∂σиє ѕнαкє ιт 'тιℓ тнє мσσи вє¢σмєѕ тнє ѕυи
                                          єνєяувσ∂у ιи тнє ¢ℓυв gινє мє α яυи
                                          ωєℓℓ ι'м яєα∂у fσя уα, ¢σмє ℓєт мє ѕнσω уα
                                          уσυ ωαит тσ gяσσνє, ι'ммα ѕнσω уσυ нσω тσ мσνє

wнere - location
                                          wнen - time
                                          wιтн - who
                                          - ooc -
                                          blah blah blah

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:29 pm
User ImageUser Image

ιи α кιиg∂σм нιgн υρσи α нιℓℓ ιи α ℓαи∂ σf ℓσиg αgσ
                                              ѕαт α ωσєfυℓ кιиg, ωαιтιиg fσя тнє ѕтιиg
                                              σf ∂єαтн'ѕ ιмρєи∂ιиg вℓσω
                                              fσя α ¢ℓσ¢кωσяк ∂яαgσи тσ тнє ωєѕт, вυяиє∂ α νιℓℓαgє αℓℓ αωαу

spaceDespite her mother's misgivings, Mina was entirely ready to take on this newest and most interesting of challenges. Admittedly, she'd felt a little bad about never telling her mother about the odd happenings around her when Mr. Edgeworth had shown up to invite her to attend Hogwarts. But, in her defense, she'd not known the odd happenings were her fault! Truthfully, she'd assumed their flat was haunted. It'd seemed far more likely at the time. When she'd asked Mr. Edgeworth about it, he'd informed her that, had they had a ghost, she'd have been able to see it. Seeing ghosts, apparently, was something that witches could do. He'd also informed her that she'd be meeting quite a lot of them at Hogwarts, which was equally fascinating. She was really looking forward to it.

spaceThere had been many, many dramatic tears as Charlotte had seen her daughter off; it'd only been the two of them for eleven years now, and in all the time since Mina's birth, her mum had never had much time for anything but her job and her daughter. For her part, Charlotte had said she couldn't even imagine doing anything but missing her sweet Mina. Mina, however, thought that her mum needed to get a life. Secretly, she was hoping that, while she was away at school, her mother might do something wild, like acquire a social circle. Make friends she didn't work with or who weren't just the older ladies living in their flat building. Maybe even go on some dates!

spaceIn any case, it was too late for anything else to be done; after a tearful goodbye and a promise to write (Mr. Edgeworth had said something about owls? Mina would have to look into that), she'd boarded the bright red train, and was now searching for a place to spend her day. Hopefully, she could come across other kids her age or near; she'd like to start making friends quickly. She'd need them, considering she was diving into this new adventure more or less blind. Oh, she'd asked questions, and a good many of them, while Mr. Edgeworth had taken her shopping (and what a treat that'd been!). But it was different, asking questions of your peers. She wanted to have someone to give her things from the perspective of another kid; Mr. Edgeworth was nice, but he was also, from her estimation, approximately a million years old. A dinosaur, for sure. She trolled the train's corridors, popping her head into various compartments, searching for one that looked to hold a kid or two about her own age.

ωє иєє∂ ναℓєяιє тσ тαмє тнє ∂яαgσи fσя υѕ αℓℓ
                                              ωнσ'∂ нανє єνєя тнσυgнт συя нєяσ ωσυℓ∂ нανє вєєи ѕσ ѕмαℓℓ؟
                                              ѕнє нαѕ ѕσσтнє∂ тнє ѕαναgє вєαѕт, ѕσ ѕσυи∂ уσυя нσяи αи∂ ∂яυм!
                                              ωє ѕнαℓℓ ѕιиg нєя ρяαιѕєѕ иσω fσя уєαяѕ тσ ¢σмє!

wнere - Train - Searching for a compartment
                                              wнen - Early morning, Sept 1 2054
                                              wιтн - who
                                              - ooc -
                                              open for interaction!

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:36 pm

User Image☻☺
GALEN EZREAL SAYLOR

second year || Hufflepuff || halfblood metamorphmagus
Adventurer's Guild chronicler || Art Club cartoonist || Order of the Stick background character
Cooking Club porter || Quidditch fan

It was somehow already September. Galen was sad to leave his Aileas and Nova and Vera again--he couldn’t believe the summer had just flown by like that! But at least this year Wally was coming with him to Hogwarts! ”C’mon Wally, let’s grab a compartment. Maybe we’ll run into Team Metafecta or someone else!”

They quickly commandeered an empty compartment and Galen was quick to dive into the basket of goodies Mumma Aileas had sent with them. ”PB&J slices! I’ll never get tired of these,” he exclaimed, the surface of his skin splitting neatly into half-jam colored and half peanut butter colored.

He was thusly colored when an unfamiliar face popped through the open compartment door. ”Come in, come in! We’ve plenty of room!”

setting Train to Hogwarts, September 2054 || with Wally, some new faces
appearance 4'11", half jam colored, half peanut butter colored, with light brown hair || wearing plain black tee and jeans
status New friends to share snacks with?

Cinnabun Gryffie

MJ Spooks

This next part's my favorite part cuz it's time to shine.
Gone and do the 2 step
then cowboy boogie
grab your sweetheart
and spin out with em do the hoedown and git into it
☺☻
"The Git Up" by Blanco Brown.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:18 am
♡ Aria ♡ Artemisia Rosalie League ♡
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxx
Time: 2054-2055
Outfit: A touch of floral and Chanel Inspired
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Aria had nodded about her mother whisking herself away. She gave up on making excuses or being able to explain her mum's behavior a long time ago. As She and Ron got on the train she laughed as he built on her fears of being ignored by seventh years in a cabin for the whole trip. "I totally agree. It was traumatizing enough the time I saw one of my mum's boyfriend kiss her on the hand. I think that was like four guys ago." Her mother never seemed to be able to have a relationship that lasted more than a few months. In Aria's opinion it was likely because no one could measure up to Cathy's perfection (or so Cathy seemed to think) or dating pretty but shallow was only interesting for so long and if she had the means to support herself lavishly there was nothing forcing her to stay with you.

As they got into a cabin, Aria sat down, primly crossing her legs. "I'm a reserve chaser of course. I was only a reserve that's why you never saw me on pitch last year," Aria said in an equally prim voice until she burst into giggles, "Okay, you got me. I'm still trying out creative story telling with Mum. Can you imagine how she'd react if I said I wasn't going out for the quidditch team? I'm supposed to be Cathaline League's daughter, her redheaded copy. Cathy League's daughter not trying out for quidditch and making the team - and reserve is understandable in the House of the Lion - is unthinkable."

She shook her head and smiled, "What about you? How's Aunt Dani last I saw her? What are you going to join or try out for this year? I was thinking of mixing things up and doing dueling club this year. I'm a pacifist but sometimes you have to protect yourself and others, too. We've had too many wars in our history for me to think otherwise."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                Not your mother, indeed
                                                Looking for bigger, better things, are you?
                                                Well, I'm sure you'll find them in

Gryffindor!
                                                {OoC: }
                                                Graydon Ironshield

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:58 pm
User Image
Ronald David Quinn-Smith
HufflepuffSecond YearTwelve Years OldSingle

At the mention of some guy kissing Aunt Cathy on the hand, Ron couldn't help but sputter and then laugh aloud. "He kissed her on the hand? Were you guys at one of those renaissance festivals or something?" The idea of anybody kissing a woman's hand sounded like something out of a faery story about princesses and stuff. "Guess it's better than what they could have doing, I suppose? Four boyfriends ago, huh? You think the current will be there for Christmas? Oh, by the way, Mom wanted me to tell you that you can spend the holidays with us if you like, and she'd be picking us up."

When they were safely in a compartment, able to talk, and the subject of Quidditch came up, he couldn't help but laugh aloud along with Aria. "How long do you think you're going to be able to get away with that story, Aria? Mom offered to take us both broomstick shopping over the summer, so Aunt Cathy wouldn't have to be concerned about getting mobbed by fans with you. I mean, what if the Prophet or one of the Quidditch journals managed to smuggle a reporter into Hogwarts to get shots of you during tryouts or something?" He knew she was right in her supposition, it would be like the son of the great Viktor Krum failing to make the team at Durmstrang; there were certain expectations that came with having a famous parent.

When the conversation turned to the subject of his mother, Ron answered, "Well, she's handling me leaving for school way better than she did last year. After making the team, and starting, last year, heck, yeah, I'll be trying out for Quidditch again. I'm thinking about checking out the Art Club, and, yeah, the Dueling Club too. Poking about in Mom's school trunk, I found some old stories about a massacre at Hogsmeade when she and Aunt Cathy were in school. Asked her about what happened, she got this weird look in her eyes, and she asked me not to ask her about it again. Asked Dad about it, and he told me that Mom never says anything about it, not even to him. So, yeah, it's probably a good idea if we can defend ourselves, at least, and others."

OOC:
mc2

User Image  
King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out