Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
Revelio and Open Sesame! Double Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:33 pm
Zelaya
What could they do but look on as the mood of the hatching began to turn once more? Seeing Rhianth snarl, the green crawling from between her claws with red eyes. The ongoing fury of one bronze eggmate for the other. The tone of haughty rejection from multiple blues. And then the little gold charging out to pounce a boy, bearing him down. Had none of them learned? They stepped briskly away from anywhere near Arcadin as the gold made her irritation known, emotions firmly reined in to a not-quite-satisfied acceptance, a gentled hope and resilient affection for the hatchlings—if not their peers. The dragons would do as they needed. It was on the candidates to keep themselves in check enough to not become targets.

Arcadin had clearly not. And they didn’t at all blame the gold for taking the situation quickly in claw.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:34 pm
Helane beamed, as much as she had initially feared for the boy that got pounced byt the gold, she could see he wasn't badly hurt "He muust have thought something bad, she clearly didn't like that other bronze being a bully, made him boop his brother, did you see?!" she grinned HARD "best....hatching... EVER" she exclaimed, granted it was her first but she'd made friends, one of which had Impressed already .. she couldn't contain herself, but she tried.

demon_pachabel

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:38 pm
Siv

Oh SOMETHING was nussed but to catch it meant more focus than Siv could muster-- except the tiny gold looked annoyed, the green was... Something... Siv didn't know what was said or what but it looked like something I N T E R E S T I N G and she lit back up, beaming as she watched.

This was gon' be good!.... Even if she lacked roast something to snack on watching, it was gon' git good!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:46 pm
Nashwa - NPC Candidate
Things went quite well for awhile: shells cracked, Impressions were made, still more shells cracked. There seemed to be a bit of an issue between the bronze twins, but it was handled quite tidily by the gold. Very well done. She was keeping order, and Nashwa quite appreciated that! In the meantime, one of the blues continued to play with his father; the Sands were quite busy, all in all. ...and they stayed busy. Rhianth hissed, though the young woman couldn't tell the cause, and another fetching green hatch out red-eyed, although she was not the one to handle the issue that had arisen, but the gold.

Her breath caught in her throat for a moment, but it wasn't a mauling, just a bit of discipline that Nashwa could only assume was needed. And when the newborn Queen asked them all if there were any further criticisms, Nashwa shook her head, dipping her gaze low in deference. None at all.  

Meepfur
Crew

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:53 pm
dhawsn

Even as Tuelarua said as much, the getting along bit got interrupted again. He was not eager to have a repeat of Sectumsempra's angry ride through the candidates again, but neither did he want to seem a coward once again...Dhawsn winced as Remember Me jumped on who he could only suppose was the instigator of all the red eyes, but at least that meant there wasn't another rampage in the immediate future to worry about.

"Ah, boy..." He fidgeted as well, not sure if it was really polite to stare. "You ain' gettin' any complaints from me, ma'am," he said hastily as the gold extended her thoughts out. He'd much rather get his toes eaten by a number of flits then get into the crossfire, thank you kindly.

And speaking of toes, it looked like his newest conversational partner was starting to feel the heat. Let's concentrate on that instead of the stressor! "If ya wan', y'could use my sandals s'a sorta second layer," Dhawsn offered. "I been on sands like this a while now, I got callused feet, heh."

Prism Shine

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:57 pm
Rothgar // he/him | BeastCraft, Weyrherd | Candidate
(Catching up a bit and retrospective, though any tags would be loved~ )

In the wake of the queen and her mate's anger, Rothgar watched eggs wiggling and hatching with renewed vigor. It could not possibly be the after-effects of terror. He reminded himself that all dragons of all colors were important and worthy of respect. This was not a hollow feeling, nor was the sentiment by rote. So many in his family were riders, he loved and respected them all, as well as their dragons. Being ignored by a brown or bronze did not matter because he wanted the attention of the blues and greens too. If not for his father's Blue Isbranth, he would have never come to live at the Weyr! Isbranth, he implored, please give me strength! I want to be strong for these hatchlings!

You are already strong enough, there is nothing wrong or low about you. I know this. You should know it as well because you are you. You do not try to change or hide yourself to suit others. You are very strong and resilient.

Thank you, Isbranth. No one was going to see his tears. They weren't for them.

Soon enough some rowdy hatchlings decided to play. Their miscievous and joyful feelings washed over him. It was infectious. Even if he did not play along, his smile went unchecked as they passed by. Blues and greens chasing one another, a grumpy-looking brown who simply passed everyone by. Perhaps he would Impress to one in the Stands? With a little sniffle here or there, as they passed he welcomed them all to the world and cheered them all on. He was very glad that he had chosen his spot between both clutches, though it was sometimes a matter of choosing whether to look to the left or right. He settled on looking at the whole scene, then reacting to movements in the periphery.

He saw someone bond with a little Green. Dragon had chosen Rider. And so the Impressions continued. He watched this pair and those who came after with renewed interest. What was it like? What changed between them? This linking of minds baffled him. He was so curious yet he had never thought to ask, except for his father who was not the best person to ask. He was somewhat envious of these new Weyrling pairs, but at the same time, it was a little scary. Was it possible to bond with the wrong dragon? He had heard of people trying to force an Impression and not succeeding, so it had been tried... not that he wanted to. He just... mind wandering out of fear. Now was the worst possible time to think such things.

He took a deep breath to clear his mind. I do not want those things to happen. I will do what I can to be the best for my dragon. If today is not my day (again), then I will be my best next time. The little mantra helped. He focused again on the rainbow of dragons exploring the Sands and Candidates.  

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:03 pm
(( I took this post from further backward than my last post. So the details are wrong. Please disregard event details in this post. Thank you! ))  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:16 pm
arcadin

The pro about having a dragonet come at you was that there wasn't the thought about feinting--if they were coming at you, most likely they were going to come at you; and so he could turn to meet her. The con about having a dragonet come at you--one of many--was the weight factor; Arcadin was no slouch himself, but in spite of his dark thoughts, he wasn't looking to hurt. A candidate wasn't supposed to, anyway. His every instinct which said to lash out when Remember Me launched onto him was caged, and the angry rattling within jarred him almost as much as the rough landing without. He hadn't needed to be told how to protect himself in such a situation; the little queen might not have been aiming to kill, but he took no chances and did his best--as one could with a baby metallic directly on them--to block his vitals.

This one was fierce, but Arc didn't get the feeling that she was vindictive. He doubted it was just his thoughts that set her off. After all, as one candidate nearby said so kindly, he wasn't worth the retaliation alone. No, this one seemed a true queen: he was being made an example of, that all others would understand her presence and what it meant.

Arcadin didn't often feel a pang of not-quite-homesickness, but that thought was enough to make him feel nostalgic. Though this was nothing like being cornered and thoroughly bruised for ruining someone's pit fighting record.

Restraint. That was what he admired, the odd young man who laid bloodied and subdued beneath her. He didn't agree with her sentiments, but if that was the spine of steel behind them? How could Arc begrudge her that? Conviction was the only thing that mattered in this world, and it was clear Remember Me had it. And in spite of the pain, he was pleased.

He wheezed and coughed. Or perhaps that was the beginnings of a laugh--not at the gold, or at anything in particular, really, if it were so. Perhaps it was the rare noise of concession, at his own inability to understand anything if it was not beaten into him first. If you keep those hearts as strong as they are now, he thought, one eye closed as blood trickled over it, the other gazing up at her, maybe one day someone like me will believe it, too.

Or perhaps, as he was sure many others watching on now thought, he wasn't worth even that.

xUta

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Ryuthulhu

Golden Knight

15,750 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Mystical Adversary 25
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:22 pm
S'kagi and Green Rosmuth

<I can keep up!> Rosmuth responded, instantly, flaring her wings slightly in excitement, bouncing in place as she considered the table laden with good things, and the game... oh the game....and weighed her thirst against a deep draught of drink and a full belly.

She all but vibrated in place with the monumental weight of the decision, and Saekagi... no he supposed it was... what... S'kagi now? Was half surprised she didn't burst into soap bubbles and rainbows and evaporate because even though he could still feel her right there like she was just next to his own thoughts, he still found himself overwhelmed and amazed that it was really happening.

Either way, he was still the awkward idiot who some of them probably had seen put his foot right firmly in the middle of it, and wondered if some of them blamed him for Hellaku being clawed.

<How could they! I'm sure he was very heroic!> was the immediate encouragement, and he could feel her nudging around to see how he felt, and her question, if she should race or not.

"I uh... I mean... maybe one round? You should really eat and there's... there's oil... and..." He floundered, feeling the entire order he thought he'd memorized doing it's best to turn to sand and try and escape him through his grasping fingers. No... No he'd get it. He just needed a moment to get organized. It was all new and he just needed a moment. He'd get used to it. Maybe? People seemed to anyway.

He thought he saw another boy (S'lys) look as though he were shrinking into himself in exactly the way S'kagi wished he could, and smiled faintly, hoping it was the right thing to do and that the other new Weyrling wasn't doing so because of something he, personally had done.

tatterpixie

Prism Shine

medigel

Sinders Path

The_Muffin_Puppy

zombeikid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:41 pm
oz and glinda

"Ah, yes, I believe that's it," Glinda said, clapping her hands together. "You wrote that? We saw it...I want to say two sevendays ago. It was more lively than I expected for a mystery--I did not expect the feline to be an accomplice, for one!"

"They're preeeeeetty wily creatures," Oz said as he leaned in to insert himself into the conversation. "One've our uncles helps tame them, and I swear he has a new scar and accompanying story every time we see him."

"They're wilder, absolutely." Just like some of these candidates. Glinda pursed her lips slightly as another one got handled by Remember Me, her challenge radiating out even to the stands. Good on her for keeping a firm grip of things--it would have been nice to have that sensibility earlier, before the chaos had erupted. She commended the gold for trying to quash even a hint of it in dragon and human alike.

"What inspired the story?" Oz asked, his gaze bouncing between the sands and the playwright. "And would you say it's popular?"

Smerdle
don't tempt him...........

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:47 pm
Just like his would. Shar sounded far too certain but then he was entirely too certain about her having a dragon too, he supposed. With her strength of character and how she saw things through to their center, certainly his best friend was a dragon rider deep down and he could only hope that one would choose her. After all, he wasn't particularly worried about being left standing when Shar and so many others had been standing for so long. But the certainty in her voice was wiped away by a calm voice, the only voice that could make all the hair on his arms stand on end at the severity in there.

Tilting his head Riz looked up at Nimueh in concern and torture. Her words were true, not all of them if she thought so little of him that the possibility of not getting some bronze had him indulging in self pity. He hadn't even realized there were any metallics out there other than the gold that Nanuth and Shar had told him about. It was the flashes of his brother's limp and bloody body that made everything wobbly on top of his lack of blood. But that didn't matter.

Spook a baby Between? That was what made cold worm it's way through him, like icy water. The words 'failure' and 'pity' hammered through his head and made Rizdax pull himself further inward, he hadn't heard those words since his father had spat them at him and it was just insult on top of injury. How hard had he been working to pay back High Reaches, to prove that they weren't wrong and having Nimueh say he was failing? It was like Shar saying he was failing, though he was. What could he do surrounded by such strong women who thought he'd be the one to kill a baby dragon?

Closing his eye Riz dove inward and ripped apart... everything. The image of the boy being snapped like a rag-doll and killed, the dragon that shredded her way through all the candidates, the images of teenagers and children laying in puddles of blood. He shredded them all to push them aside, to dig deeper. Babies were being born into the world and deserved happy, but Rizdax did not have happy memories or feelings, but he had strong ones and he was looking for one in particular that wasn't tainted. Never could be. It was there, past all the usual dark memories and lost chances. It was there, a cold spring morning sitting in the Bowl after escaping the healers, in overly large clothes, barefoot, looking up at flying dragons with awe in his eyes. There was pain in his shoulders and heart in that memory, but it was a good memory, a peaceful memory where he met his best friend who showed him the place that had become his home.

It wasn't much and he had to focus as hard as he could so that he didn't fall back into the memories of death, but he wasn't a failure. He didn't want to have the people he cared about call him the same thing his father had. So Rizdax pushed all that peace outwards just hoping that the babies on the sands might pick it up so far away.

Sinders Path

SilverLutz

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:02 pm
Zeraiah

More angry, red-eyed dragonets? The antics of happier dragonets had stolen some of the stiffness from his spine, but the latest wave of displeasure put it back. He took a step back toward the edge of the Sands again, just in case. He'd already given blood today. He was hoping he could keep the rest inside.

Despite his fear, though, he couldn't help but feel real, well, hope as well. Terrifying though it'd been, it was still pretty cool.  

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

Teiha

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:26 pm
Lesta
Lesta had been quiet for most of the hatch, not interacting much with other candidates and trying to stay out of the way of the dragonets. While some of the more “theatrical” encounters went on, she was engrossed. She’d never seen anything quite so dramatic on the sands at Ierne. Nor much of anywhere else, really, aside from a show put on by entertainers… or a few frightening moments from her own life. And it seemed that the show was still on.

Two bronzes hatched from the same egg, one clearly in charge, while the other… was there something wrong with it? It was so small compared to its pushy bigger brother. Then their gold clutchmate was there, apparently all but forcing them to be nice. Then… she attacked a candidate. Lesta yelped as the infant threw herself at a boy, knocking him down. There was blood… but the thankfully boy was not dead. Now does anyone else have any criticisms?! Who else would rather see more innocent blood fall this day?! the little gold broadcasted her challenge to all. Though she was shaken from witnessing what could have been another death, Lesta wanted to cheer. This was no entertainers’ show, but the gold was most certainly a real-life heroine.

Through it all a brown sat still and silent, gaze moving about the candidates as if he were assessing each one. He didn’t look too pleased with what he saw. Lesta almost hoped he wouldn’t notice her, or that he’d already looked and passed judgment without her knowing. Something about his disdain made her again wonder if she was really worthy to be standing there, even though the Search dragon had insisted. At any rate, certainly not worthy of a strong and kind creature such as the one she had so raptly watched, golden hide or no.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:49 pm
Keleres [WW] - 21 - she/her/hers - JM Masseuse (spy)

Wan and drawn, each second that passed was an exercise in concentration. Keleres didn’t notice Rhys as he drew closer, but the sound of his voice jolted her out of her heat-induced trance. She flushed- a shock of red on pale skin- and glanced down in a moment of shame. Summoning what ebbing strength remained, she nodded her head. “A bit woozy, but nothing that will stop me from Standing. I hope.” A faint chuckle escaped her lips, and she found herself falling back into her regular mask-wearing routine. People liked a pretty, smiling girl, and she wanted Rhys to stay. That would make it easier to remain on the Sands- if she ever fell, he would catch her, right?

Still, she found her gaze irresistibly drawn back to the dragonets once more. Something was happening, but the lack of ability to read minds didn’t make it obvious at first. However, as golden mother, golden baby, and a newly-hatched green turned their attentions on a particular male candidate, Keleres found herself biting her lip. She watched with gritted teeth as the queen dragonet proceeded to teach the boy a lesson, and shook her head slightly in sympathetic pain, limp curls bouncing ever so slightly about her shoulders.

“She’s got fire in her heart, doesn’t she… If she weren’t so… inspiring, in her own way, I think I’d almost be afraid. But somehow, she makes things seem less… scary? I hope the boy is okay.” It didn’t seem like the dragonet was on a murderous rampage, at any rate. She had a lesson to impart on impudent candidates, and Keleres was always eager to learn from others, even if she wasn’t the smartest woman around- or especially impudent, for that matter.

“I’m Keleres, but most folk just call me Kel.” She offered, her smile warm despite the frown around her eyes. Sweat was continuing to bead on her forehead, and she wiped it away gently, with marked grace. “I’m sort of new.” She made, by way of apology. Her green eyes held a hint of sheepishness- Keleres found it hard to shake the feeling that she didn’t quite belong in Weyr-society… she was a Holder, from an almost entirely different world… Her fellow candidates seemed a lot tougher than she felt.

-_Wish of Tevarae_-
Rhys! heart was recently told I needed quotes in the quote code to actually notify people of tags lmao...

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:13 pm
Rothgar // he/him | BeastCraft, Weyrherd | Candidate
(finally caught up)

Of the white-and-red bronze twins, --amazing, that-- the little one seemed keener on coming to visit the Candidates. He could see the little nose or glint of an eye peeking out from behind his larger brother. But if that one had anything to say about it, and did he ever, he would swipe the little one with his tail, once drawing ichor from along his leg. Rothgar could see the glistening fluid contrasted against his hide. A member of his Candidate class, Ruunan, stood up to the larger twin. Rothgar could not hear the exchange, but when the tiny queen joined in, he prepared himself for the worst. Perhaps he could pull Ruunan out if it came to further blows. Or would others get to him first? Who wouldn't want to prevent more death, anyway?

Friend Like Me was a sweet-voiced green who visited the boys first. Crooning at them, he spared a few words for her: "Oh you sweet girl, so pretty. Your voice is music to my ears!" Please, enough with the conflict! He hated to see the hatchlings and candidates suffer.

He was one of the boys whose leg was whapped by the You Can Fly blue. "Wait. Whose sandle is that? Why you little scamp," he said laughing.

Pelted with sand, he then turned just in time to see a green bond with Saekagi. Like any of his classmates, Rothgar hardly knew him, but he still felt quite happy for him. He felt the Green's energetically happy emotions as she passed by, and they cheered for them when they found each other.

Meanwhile, Ruunan's stare down with the Remember Me queen with the Red-and-White larger bronze continued. He could not keep his eyes away for long. Another whipping tail slap made him wince. The larger twin seemed intent on something violent, but each time his eyes flared, a queen kept him in check. This gold was amazing! She proved the lesson on why queens must practically be worshiped! She inspired those sentiments anyway!

When they finally stood down, Rothgar was torn between anger at the violence and admiration for the larger brown's courage to behave as he would. After all, he was being himself. With all his might, Rothgar tried to beckon the bronze, not to him but to the candidates in general. Find your special One! Why would you delay when you can move on to bigger things?

His eyes found Ruunan and he could not help but feel admiration for his classmate either. This one's courage was even greater than that bronze. He would have to find him later and tell him. Not that this mattered at all, coming from a stranger!

A brown came to inspect the candidates. He did not seem interested in any one, but Rothgar did spare him his characteristic smile, that was accented by his wher-claw scar. I wish you the best, you and your future Rider!

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games